Bobby Morley spotted in Melbourne

Guest starrychris

It is part of his job to be nice to the fans,

I thought it was his job, 50 - 70 hours a week to act a role. I was not aware that actors, because they are on TV have to be nice 24/7 to people they have never met before and who think that they have a right to invade their privacy and to interrupt his evening. Why on earth should he go "somewhere quieter" where he might not be recognised?...he as has much right to go out and have a good time with his mates, without being harrassed, as you and I do.

Granted some people are better at and nicer than others when it comes to dealing with fans who want a piece of them...but he is young..he wants a normal life with his mates...he is not paid to live his life by the fans rules. He is paid to act.

I never get why famous people aren't friendly to there fans!!! lol

Neither do I.

Put you self in thier shoes.....It is a saturday night...you have had a long week...working say 56 hours...you and your mates are going out to chill for the evening...you have been lookig forward to it all week...finally you can switch off and stop thinking about work...but hey......total strangers keep coming up to you...and after the first couple of thousand you start to get fed up....you are not allowed to switch off...unless yous stay in your house with the curtains closed.....come on...of course you'd get crabby. They guy is human...cut him some slack.

If you want to knock his acting or to criticise how he does the job he is paid to do fair enough...but to complain that he wants to have a life outside of work just like the rest of us is hardly fair.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he wants a normal life with his mates...he is not paid to live his life by the fans rules. He is paid to act

If he want a normal life he picked the wrong job! We all know that fans want a piece of the person they love and worship, and what is so wrong with that? Some other people work just as much as actors, but they have to give up the whole normal life. And the actors know it, and if they're not nice to the fans than the fans will stop loving them. They need their fans so why cant they be nice to them for 2 seconds?

I agree completely with Frankie.

People think it's rude that he wasn't overly nice to a "fan" one evening? I think it's rude that anyone who calls themself a fan would interrupt him and his friends trying to have a private conversation just because they have seen him on telly.

It's a tricky situation. In an ideal world, fans would leave celebrities alone, but in truth it's never going to happen. The whole point of being famous is that you're not a regular person - you stand out. It's only natural that people will recognise you and want to speak to you. If not, there'd be no such thing as fame. Obviously Bobby would rather just do his job and live anonymously, but when you're on tv five nights a week it isn't possible. I do feel sorry for him, but there are huge benefits as well (for example, I bet he gets paid a lot more than most people his age).

Frankie says:

"I thought it was his job, 50 - 70 hours a week to act a role. I was not aware that actors, because they are on TV have to be nice 24/7 to people they have never met before and who think that they have a right to invade their privacy and to interrupt his evening...............

Put you self in thier shoes.....It is a saturday night...you have had a long week...working say 56 hours...you and your mates are going out to chill for the evening...you have been lookig forward to it all week...finally you can switch off and stop thinking about work...but hey......total strangers keep coming up to you...and after the first couple of thousand you start to get fed up....you are not allowed to switch off...unless yous stay in your house with the curtains closed.....come on...of course you'd get crabby. They guy is human...cut him some slack.

If you want to knock his acting or to criticise how he does the job he is paid to do fair enough...but to complain that he wants to have a life outside of work just like the rest of us is hardly fair."

Well the fact is, it's not against the law to be rude to other people but obviously, if you are, then that makes you a rude person. All Bob had to say was "No, sorry but I'm enjoying a quiet evening with my mates". That's it. He needed to assert himself. The OP isn't a mind reader so wouldnt have known what Bob was going to act like. If he wasnt in the mood to take the picture, then he shouldn't have been in the situation of taking one! Ever heard of the quote " If your heart isn't in it take yourself out of it!"? But he did agree to it, so he should have been nicer and more accomodating. Bob has a mouth and should have spoken up. By asserting himself he would not have been rude.

And Also, Bob has been with Home and Away for quite some time now so he should know how to deal with fans appropriately. And the way he acted wasn't appropriate.

Frankie says:

"I thought it was his job, 50 - 70 hours a week to act a role. I was not aware that actors, because they are on TV have to be nice 24/7 to people they have never met before and who think that they have a right to invade their privacy and to interrupt his evening...............

If you want to knock his acting or to criticise how he does the job he is paid to do fair enough...but to complain that he wants to have a life outside of work just like the rest of us is hardly fair."

Well the fact is, it's not against the law to be rude to other people but obviously, if you are, then that makes you a rude person. All Bob had to say was "No, sorry but I'm enjoying a quiet evening with my mates". That's it. He needed to assert himself. The OP isn't a mind reader so wouldnt have known what Bob was going to act like. If he wasnt in the mood to take the picture, then he shouldn't have been in the situation of taking one! Ever heard of the quote " If your heart isn't in it take yourself out of it!"? But he did agree to it, so he should have been nicer and more accomodating. Bob has a mouth and should have spoken up. By asserting himself he would not have been rude.

And Also, Bob has been with Home and Away for quite some time now so he should know how to deal with fans appropriately. And the way he acted wasn't appropriate.

I agree with you.

I can see where people are coming from about him needing his privacy when he's not working but remember he is a TV star, it's part of the job and it annoys me when celebs are rude to their fans. If it wasn't for the fans they wouldn't have a job.

Personally I would never approach a celeb on the street. When I lived in Sydney I saw H&A stars on the street but I never approached them, yet I had no qualms in approaching them at Palm Beach as it's where they work. I do regret not going up to Rebekah Elmaloglou though, I saw her doing her grocery shopping at Coles in Bondi Junction. I always loved Sophie but I thought there was a time and a place and in the cereal aisle in Coles was most definitely not the place!!

Was she buying Sultana Bran??

Archived