Bobby Morley spotted in Melbourne

Guest starrychris

I hate smoking! :angry:

And i dont appreciate smokers either! They have no consideration for the environment and the people around them <_<

But on a lighter note :P You got to meet Bobby!

But he wasnt very nice!? <_<

How joyful! *sarcasm*

Thanks for the info! Its always nice to hear what theyre like outside of hna, even if its not the best news. lol

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The smoking thing doesn't really bother me. What bothers me is that he wasn't friendly. :( I can't stand it when celebs aren't nice to fans!

Yes...but imagine..every time you go out with your mates..people you have never met come up to you..they want to take your picture..they want your autograph...it must get very annoying. He is entitled to go out with his mates, to relax and enjoy himself......just like the rest of us ......with out total strangers coming up to him all the time. I think "fans" forget that sometimes.

On the subject of smoking. .....again just because you are famous does not mean you should not have the same rights as anyone else. Its not illegal to smoke, so why should they not have the choice in the same way that you or I do? We don't have to approve of it, I don't.... but I don't disapprove because they are "celebraties", but because I know smoking can kill you, as can passive smoking(other peoples smoke).

Lynne McGranger gave up smoking several years ago when her father died of cancer. She talked about it in a radio interview and in other interviews as well. She also supports the ban on smoking in public places as she does not want her daughter exposed to other peoples smoke.

I can see where people are coming from about him needing his privacy when he's not working but remember he is a TV star, it's part of the job and it annoys me when celebs are rude to their fans. If it wasn't for the fans they wouldn't have a job.

Personally I would never approach a celeb on the street. When I lived in Sydney I saw H&A stars on the street but I never approached them, yet I had no qualms in approaching them at Palm Beach as it's where they work. I do regret not going up to Rebekah Elmaloglou though, I saw her doing her grocery shopping at Coles in Bondi Junction. I always loved Sophie but I thought there was a time and a place and in the cereal aisle in Coles was most definitely not the place!!

Wow I didn't expect this topic to turn out like this. LOL. Let me just clear some things up.

I have no problem at all with Bobby Morley smoking and yes it's his choice. All I meant was that I was surprised to see him smoking as I never imagined him as a smoker! But I guess now I know that he is!

And poor Bobby can't even have a few drinks with friends without people harrassing him.

OH dear. We never harassed him! He was sitting at the table next to us for at least an hour and a half before my friend decided to just go over and ask for a quick photo. It's just that when she did go over, he didn't even smile to the camera and pretty much completly ignored her! Like others have said yes they may like privacy but if your a TV star it comes with the job and all they need to do is smile and be friendly for a few seconds and all is good. He just had a bit of a snobbish attitude which was a put off! Especially when you are going out in a bar in one of the most popular places in the city, any celebrity or known name has got to learn to expect to encounter some fans like that every now and then, it comes with the job.

He was probably just pissed (drunk) and not in the mood to be setting examples and doing photos and such...there is a time and place as someone mentioned and maybe asking for a photo on his night out made he just think 'bllahhafeioud...cant be arrsed'.

Ohh I would have said g'day to Rebekah Elmaloglou – even in the cereal isle of Coles. :lol: I think there’s a way to say hi to someone, but if its in a inferior way, its just going to be uncomfortable for the actor or whoever...if its more like a simple 'hey how you doin..?' that’s so much more friendly and the celeb will be more likely to respond in a more relaxed way.

The thing that give me the irrits about smoking and smokers is the butts. Littered all over the place. So many smokers do not get that it is litter, just like anything else. I mean would they just throw their rubbish on the ground; no, they'd put it in the bin, but they think it's ok to throw their butts away. The damage it does to the environment...arghhhh. If smokers do use ash trays or bins, then fine.

My fav smoking quote is Anna and Miles from This Life:

[Anna offers Miles a cigarette]

Miles: No,I'm trying to give up. You know those things kill 2000 people a week?

Anna: Imagine if they didn't. Imagine if there was 2000 more people staying around every week. As it is, there isn't room enough to swing a cat. :P

When I went to the Friday Appeal, I was told by someone he saw Bobby smoking as well. As for meeting them, I didn't smell any smoke in particular.

Personally, smoking is not for me but it's their choice and so long as they aren't promoting it, then that's ok because it's their business. I mean if Bobby were to realise a CD (As if that would happen!) and have a cover with him smoking then I think that's a different story :P! I wouldn't be too thrilled, because I'm sure he knows the consequences. Anyway, I can't lie and say I don't care, because it's not healthy and it's not nice to see people smoke and cough like crazy (like I have seen.). Anyway it doesn't affect his personality, and I can't judge from that only having said 'hello' to him.

I'm not majorly shocked about Bobby smoking. With the amount of cast in home and away there is bond to be a number smoking.

[

On the subject of smoking. .....again just because you are famous does not mean you should not have the same rights as anyone else. Its not illegal to smoke, so why should they not have the choice in the same way that you or I do? We don't have to approve of it, I don't.... but I don't disapprove because they are "celebraties", but because I know smoking can kill you, as can passive smoking(other peoples smoke).

I didnt say that just because they were celebrities they shouldnt smoke. Its a free conutry they can smoke all they want.

But i just said i hate smoking! It doesnt matter who does it.

Their selfish and have no respect for others. It doesnt matter who you are, celebrity or not, smoking is disgusting imo.

As for the whole politeness thing. If a celebrity is having dinner or out with some friends and appears in deap converstaion or on the phone, then it is only right that you should leave them to it. But if not, then it is there job to accept fans coming up to them and asking for pictures. Its just a part of the lifestyle. BUT saying that, everyone has there off days, and there entitled to them too! :)

Archived