Support Group

Dan F

Have you ever thought or been under the impression that you might just be onto a promise? Or finally thought yes this might just be the prefect chance for two people who are shy about talking about feelings and the mushy stuff to talk? Then yes this will be awesome we have the whole night alone together we might get somewhere here. I was really looking forwards to staying with this girl for the night to do just that. Maybe even get a clearer idea of things of where we stand? We have been flirting and helping one another through stuff for last two years. Sort of saying but not saying that we like one another, and then her friends who were mean't to be leaving us for the night. Gate crashed the party and stayed too Her best friend who she hasn't seen her in years starts to cry and then the girl I like starts to cry in the middle of room I am left there with another guy feeling arkward not really knowing where to look. This really disappointed me and made me think what a pair of drama queens get a grip. Nasty maybe but there you go I imagined having a girlfriend by the end of the weekend :lol: her friends were cool to hang around and everything nice meeting them and everything BUT it crushed my hopes of getting anywhere with this girl.

I'm not annoyed or anything just frustrated rant. We were too shy to mention anything about us liking each other in the car back home we still joked and stuff but just not the weekend I was hoping for :lol:

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks pembie. No, there's nothing much, just take painkillers when it's bad and about a 30% chance I can still have kids.

Oh no well even though its a small chance It's still a chance sorry that doesn't really help you out. I hope you aren't feeling to down about it though.

• 3 months later...

I'm sorry for 'dusting off' this thread again but I needed to share and hopefully I've found the right place, I most certainly did the last time, so second time lucky.. (Oh and typing on my iPad, so any mistakes I make, I blame that!)

Well, I facetimed with 'Tom' again, my very best friend, this afternoon and its left me exceptionally low and really, really jealous. He's working abroard ( I've not had a holiday for 14 years, a combination of my Dads cancer and death and now my panic and anxiety - it's the travelling that's the problem not being away from home) anyway, there's that and then he started telling me about two exes who are both telling him they still love him, one of whom he's desperate to see again ( I knew he would be ) and how everyone (apparently) who he works with is trying to fix him up with people. So he was complaining none of them are right but also about the lack of , well sorry for no better word but sex. Not even a kiss for me for the past 12 years, let alone anything else.

He then went onto mention how generous he is with his money (he works hard for it!) and how he loves spending it on his friends and of course boyfriends..

'Tom' knows ALL of the above about me and more and it's truly NOT that I want to be his boyfriend. I DON'T. I'm honestly NOT deluding myself here , so feel more than free to disagree if you think I am. It's totally fine.

So, after all of that, I did talk about myself a bit, I'm not doing very well anyway and now I feel even worse and my cold & sore throat won't go either.

I don't know, it just felt like a horrible and very, very unintentional kick when I was already down. I did have a few tears after we'd stopped talking too. I don't want to feel like this again , I haven't for a really long time because I've actually been doing well but this just reminded me of what I don't have , how impossible it is to get it. Feels like that anyway.

Sorry for such a long, moaning post but I couldn't keep it all in :( :(

Oh yes I remember helping you out with Tom the last time Jack, Does he know how you feel about him now? Its hard because as you say his working away. I don't think anything can happen while his away working to be honest. But maybe when he comes back. In the meantime you shouldn't worry. Sometimes its best to have a really close friendship with them. Even though you really like them yourself. Friendship helps alot in all this relationship stuff it rarely goes to plan.

As for feeling sad for the things you haven't got. I bet you there are good things in your life that you do have but you just don't realise it.

Thank you Pembie. Sorry to drag it all up again, but, like I said I hope I've found the right place to do so. I think he does know. I don't want anything more from him than what I have now. Truly. I'm not going to tell him because I know full well it would stop him from ever feeling comfortable enough to tell me again. It's happened before and it really wasn't easy to convince him it was alright to do so.

You are right, nothing like that can happen whilst he's working away but I just wish he'd maybe thought more before or during him telling me. I don't know.

As for having good things in my life, yes I DO, I volunteer still, it'll be two years in one oxfam shop this April and I've been in another for 6 months and since last January I've lost 6.5stone in weight , with another 3.5 to go, all through going to a local slimming world group each week, a combination of both things had made my confidence Sky high!!

So, yes good things there are truly but I just wish 'Tom' had possibly been a bit more sensitive?

Apologies for not only such a deeply long and boring post but also for whinging about him again..

Sometimes people just don't realise what they saying Tom was probaly just glad to speak to you and didn't think at the time.

Oh that's good that you're confidence is building that will help you with meeting new people. It sounds like you keep busy anyways.

Is there anyone else you have your eye on? Sometimes its better to get on with stuff and not worry what other people are upto. It will make you feel happier too.

Archived