Support Group

Dan F

I found out today that one of my friends from school died last night quite suddenly. He wasn't even sick or anything.
I'm quite saddened. We grew up together (small town) and went to school together for so many years.
I'm really gonna miss him.
Now we need to wait 2 weeks before we find out what went wrong. I feel so sad for the family more than anything.
Very sad day here :(

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found out today that one of my friends from school died last night quite suddenly. He wasn't even sick or anything.

I'm quite saddened. We grew up together (small town) and went to school together for so many years.

Now we need to wait 2 weeks before we find out what went wrong. I feel so sad for the family more than anything.

I am really sorry to hear about your friend. :( Will be thinking of you. Hope you are okay. *hugs*

I'm very sorry to hear about your friend Its awful when you hear of a close friend dying. I hope your going to be ok.

• 1 month later...

Im very sorry to hear about your loss elikell I too know what its like to lose a close friend.

Zetti I agree Life does hurt sometimes. sadly Im leaving many forums soon including this one not because I don't like you or H&A things have happen to me that demand changes and being online is being reduced.

I wanted to drop in an wish everyone well and if you want to say goodbye Ill ask the mods to keep my account open for awhile as I did other forums.

Ill tell everyone how great Summer bay is although Im very disappointed at the current state of Aussie TV. I think its both bad writing and bad decision making.

Take care

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So a year yesterday was the last time I ever spoke you. I still think about you everyday and I hope your ok whereever you might be now. I do miss you though

Unsure what this means, but I'm sending you big hugs. I hope you feel better soon xx

So a year yesterday was the last time I ever spoke you. I still think about you everyday and I hope your ok whereever you might be now. I do miss you though

Unsure what this means, but I'm sending you big hugs. I hope you feel better soon xx

It was the anniversary of my ex girlfriend's death the other day. We stayed good friends. The time has gone very quickly though also It will be the anniversary of my best friends death in a few days aswell but I'm ok just hard to think its been a year already.

Thanks though

• 1 month later...

I hope no-one minds me posting here but I really thought it would help and I feel safe enough to do so. So, apologies for this being a long post but well...

I've got a very best friend, I will call him 'Tom' , purely because I use my real name on here(one time when I wish I didn't..) and certainly don't want anyone to know his name aswell. I've known Tom for nearly three years now and we are truly like brothers and also the very best of friends. He's in this country from working abroad and leaving a boyfriend behind him,who he may or may not go back to, and he's just stayed with me for the weekend. We had a great time and great laugh.

However, and yes there is one sadly, sort of during him being here but much more since he's left, I've started having feelings for him. I don't want to or enjoy feeling like this and I am certain beyond doubt that he wouldn't feel the same. His type is much younger and thinner guys. I'm neither!! Now part of my feeling like this, is no doubt because I've not had a partner for 11 years - the only one I had emotionally abused me and I have posted about him before in this thread but have no idea whereabouts - so spending such a great time with a guy who knows me so very well , I guess was bound to contribute to this and clearly is.

I don't want to have a relationship with him, as contradictory as that sounds, it's just when we were out, there were guys in the gay club we went to, kissing each other and I had to remind myself - a fair few times - I couldn't kiss Tom. I wanted to , quite badly it has to be said, but, his friendship is the most precious thing to me and I know full and totally well, that IF I ever told him, our friendship would be changed in a very bad way.

Because I know him so well, I know he would be awkward and understandably wary of me. Tom is the one person who I would go to about this but he's the one person I know I can't.

I want these feelings to stop. I want to stop thinking about him all the damn time. Feeling like this isn't something, as I said, that I enjoy or think for a second will be reciprocated by him. I'm extremely lucky to have my family to talk to and indeed I spoke to one of my older sisters last night, the conclusion we both reached was to channel these feelings into getting out there and meeting people and hopefully with lots of time a partner who I can finally be happy with. I know without question I deserve to be happy and I have loads of love to give , that's something that Tom being my best friend has taught me. He does know that when I do find someone IF they are anything like him then I'll be ecstatic and by that I mean he's a funny, sensitive, romantic, hot, supportive and protective man and he's older - ALL the qualities I want from a partner oneday!!

I just needed to get this out of my head, even for a second and hopefully get some advice from outside? Thank you not only for reading but also very much so in advance of any replies this might get? :)

Hey Jack

First of all find out if Tom plans to go back to his boyfriend. It's hard to know what advice to give you. I'm not very good at relationship stuff. Maybe you could put it out there that you like him ask Tom out for a date with no strings attached just to see how you two get on. Act normal around each other be honest and if you start to panic think of something funny to say to get back the banter After the date see how you both feel. Even if it feels like friends it may change over time if you agree to meet up again. And at least if nothing happens you have had a good night out in each others company

I'm not sure if that is any good to you Just thought I would try and help you out and good luck

Archived