Support Group

Dan F

No problem, I just started thinking about it after reading your post the first time, so I thought I'd ask (or ask if it was okay to ask :P)

Also, a bit off-topic, but guess what song I've had stuck in my head for almost a week now!

"Windbringer" by The Crüxshadows. I can't get it out of my head! :lol:

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks. I'm really sucky with real names on here, sorry.

Anyone here have LiveJournal? I'd love to have some more people on my list.

I got into photography last fall. I'm no good at it, but it keeps me happy at times and leaves me endlessly frustrated at other.

I have livejournal but thats besides the point. Mar I have seen some of your work its excellent, a lot of relatives and family friends of mine are professional photographers and most of them aren't have as good as you! Some confidence-boosting material there but its true. :)

I care about you. Do you know why?

Because some of what you've said is very familiar. I go out now but 3 years ago I couldn't even step outside without my Ma with me. I used to fake illness to get out of school, and later get out of appointments. The therapist I had while at school was, as I have realized now, a bitch. All she wanted was me to go back to school because that was her job done and she would get a pat on the back. I still remember one of my last sessions with her. She actually shouted at me. And then was calm with my 'rents. It made me feel so crappy and alone.

But then therapy is not for everyone. Just like anti-depressants.

When I'm stressed or nervous I scratch and pick at my skin. I actually have some marks on my face (chin & neck) now because something really took the confidence out of me a couple of weeks ago. It took a lot to get back what was mine and it nearly stopped me from using the bus.

But I managed it. Not on my own though, I had to ask for help. And Ma took the hard approach, refusing to take me to town.

Our path is a long one to wander but sooner or later you'll come to that clear exit. You'll have relapses and flashes of your past problems but you'll get through it.

I have faith in you, Mar.

:)

Muse, thank you for your support :)

Rosey, It indeed normal for your period to be a little wonky when it first starts. I've always been like clock work myself, but the opposite is just as normal. If it doesn't stabilize, though, when you're 16-17 I'd recommend getting it checked out. Try not to worry about it, that might end up making it even more wonky :)

Here's and excellent links to all things period-y! :)

Eli, I'm sort of in the same situation as you - but not, if that makes sense. What I mean is 'Constant fights with the mum'.

Ever since I was young, I always bonded with Dad more than I bonded with Mum. Every time I got into a fight with Mum, she always claimed that I had 'The last word'. You have no idea how much that line pisses me off. It's a complete contradiction in itself. But anyway.... The only reason I talked back to her was just to have my own say on the situation, and I wasn't even allowed to do that. This makes it very hard for me to open up to my family. Dad always watched on, never really stuck up for me when he knew I was trying to have a say in things.

But one time, when we were having dinner, Mum completely lashed out at me for no reason at all. I hadn't said anything, yet she went ape. She started saying stuff like 'You're not grateful at all, Cal. We cook you dinner and you don't even say it's nice!' . . . . . What the fcuk was I supposed to say to that! I'm always grateful for what my parents do for me, and I always say thanks about a thousand times after we had dinner. I said that to her and she hit back with this: 'But you didn't say it was nice!'. She was backtracking. My answer ' That's because it wasn't nice, Mum. And I'm not going to lie to you and say it was!' Dad stuck up for me for the first time and said that Mum was being unfair. I thought it was going to be easier from then on, oh how I was wrong....

Today, we went out to lunch to a Café. I was talking about my big exams in a years time and how I was going to have a hard time doing them. Because I was sick for a while, I missed a load of work. My sister was saying "Cal, you'd have to be extremely thick to get 350 points" (350 is the minimum I have to get in order for the family to be happy). Mum actually said "Oh, don't speak too soon" to my sister! I thought that was so sly. I felt so sick. And I just wanted to burst into tears.

I said to Mum that she can't say that because I knew she barely passed her Leaving Cert but she told me she failed it. I said "Mum, didn't you fail yours?" , she completely flipped. She said " When did I say that!?". I didn't tell her when she said it because I knew she would deny it.

She said it when I was at my Aunt's apartment and I was talking about how much school I missed. Mum said that I had nothing to worry about because we both failed the exams, (we, being Mum and my Aunt). I knew she wasn't telling the truth, but true or not - she still said it.

Mum started lashing out at me in the Café in front of everyone. "Don't start this with me, I know what you're trying to do, go pick on someone your own size!"

Dad said "All in fairness, he is your size". But that's all he said, didn't stick up for me. I thought it was different, obviously not.

How can she slag me about not being able to do my exams and call me thick when I can't even quote what she said?

I just can't wait to get out of this hell hole. I thought I liked this family, I'm started to change my mind.

Archived