Support Group

Dan F

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rant on LJ:

Mum and Dad ganged up on me at dinner......again!

They were talking about me being able to drive next year and how I should take my test this year etc. I said that I didn't want to start driving until I finished school. They accused me of having the last word....again! Since when does having an opinion come across as having the last word?

I find this totally unfair and I just want to scream. It seriously pisses me off that I can't have a say on situations that involve me.

Rant on LJ:

Mum and Dad ganged up on me at dinner......again!

They were talking about me being able to drive next year and how I should take my test this year etc. I said that I didn't want to start driving until I finished school. They accused me of having the last word....again! Since when does having an opinion come across as having the last word?

I find this totally unfair and I just want to scream. It seriously pisses me off that I can't have a say on situations that involve me.

It's better that you do it on your own time and don't rush into anything. Don't care about them :)

Selfish moment:

I turn 21 this year.

When the oldest sister turned 21, she got a cheque for quite a bit of money (over 2 thousand pounds) because of a policy Ma & Pa took out when she was born. She pretty much wasted the money, but that sums her up anyway.

When other sister turned 21, she got a cheque for money. She didn't get as much as other sister but got a fair amount. She put it to good use.

A policy was never taken out for me. My 'rents keep telling me that I'll get some money but it won't be as much as the others. I've told them it doesn't matter but they've said they will give me some. It will just have to be in installments.

I've put on a brave face but deep down it kind of hurts. My oldest sister said not to worry because I will only waste it. Ma didn't like that at all and keeps telling me I will get some money.

Is it selfish it feel hurt? We do struggle but we get by. The only reason the 'rents struggle is because we have to help out my other sisters :(.

As a side note, the money was going to be put into an account anyway, ready for driving lessons or an apartment.

^ That isn't selfish at all, it's totally understandable to feel hurt!

Your parents shouldn't treat you differently just because you're younger - I know it's the kind of thing you don't feel like you can say anything about, but you have every right to feel (for wont of a better word) cheated. You have the right to be treated the same by your parents, and feeling it when you don't get that is perfectly understandable.

I don't know how you could tackle this, to be honest, as I know saying it might be awkward, but rest assured this is not a selfish thought. It's fair.

Your sister saying you would only waste your money was out of line - just because that's what she did, it isn't fair to tar you with the same brush. Aside from that, you missing out because your parents are still helping out your sisters now isn't fair at all.

I wish I knew how you could solve the problem, but all I can suggest is telling your parents you understand the issue and you're not angry, but you do feel like you get treated differently and unfairly sometimes.

Thanks for the support Mar and spunkyl, it's nice to know I'm not alone in what I'm feeling. I don't really know what else to say, off to bed thanks again xx

p.s Mar I don't have an LJ as yet, I'm a bit scared they seem very complicated to set up!

Archived