Advice on boys

Guest ~Angel~

It's my bf's birthday on Jan 19th and I don't know what to get him. Any suggestions?

Depends...how old is he?

I have two brothers, so I'm better at this sort of thing then my friends are (THey ONLY have sisters....grrr...lucky!)

It also depends WHAT kind of guy he is.

First choice:

CD's iuf he's into music and stuff

Some type of ball, soccer ball, football or cricket ball or something if he plays them or watches them (Better yet...get it signed!)

If you're totally stuck...give him something to do with your relationship....or maybe that would scare him...?

I know!

Give him a teenage mutant ninja turtle doll! It's what EVERYONE wants!

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is always a difficult one. Fortunately I know my best mate really well so he's never an issue and with my ex I always used to get his sister to do a little digging for me before hand.

Try and find out what he's in to if you can: bands, DVDs etc. If you know what band or music he likes concert tickets are always a good bet and not usually too expensive.

Sarah's suggestions are good but the key is finding out what he's into.

If you can't find out what he's into then a joke present usually goes down pretty well, if you google for joke presents or interesting presents you should find a few sites that have pretty cool stuff on them.

• 2 weeks later...

4/5 years ago I began talking to a group of people who I really liked. One of these guys was in Belgium and I stopped talking to each one of this group one by one. I stopped talking to Belgium guy because he was, quite frankly, an asshole back than.

Move forward to the end of last year. We started talking again on MSN and he has changed completely. We have a lot in common, including problems with shyness and people.

Over Christmas, especially New Years Eve, we kind of got hot and heavy. I thought it was hilarious and a joke.

Problem is I don't know how he really feels. He is always sending me hugs and kisses. And to be honest I'm beginning to be... enchanted by him. I don't know what to do.

Does he live in Belgium? I could talk to him. :P

I guess I can only give you the classical advice: tell him how you feel (or at least, give hints or something). I know it takes a lot of guts to do it, I'm sort of in the same situation and I still haven't told him because I really don't know if he feels the same way. It's just so painful when the feeling is not mutual. But at the end of the day, I think it's still the best option.

He's 13 going on 14... OMG! His birthday's tomorrow. I totally fogot. I have to put his present into a bag because you can't really wrap it... I got him a football and something else that I've forgotten :unsure: I made him a card and there is like loads of kisses at the end :lol:

And no, he doesn't live in Belgium :lol:

Does he live in Belgium? I could talk to him. :P

I guess I can only give you the classical advice: tell him how you feel (or at least, give hints or something). I know it takes a lot of guts to do it, I'm sort of in the same situation and I still haven't told him because I really don't know if he feels the same way. It's just so painful when the feeling is not mutual. But at the end of the day, I think it's still the best option.

... This is good. I need to think a few things over before I admit that I like him though.

We're having a surprise party for him today. I'm at his house (kinda decorating) at the moment and he's out at the park with his boy mates. We'll be ready (hopefully) by 6pm. My mum let me stay here for the whole day :D I'm kind of babysitting his 4 year old sis and 9 year old sister while his parents are out (getting stuff :unsure: ) I'm making paper chains with his sister at the same time as being on here... I'm turning into superwoman :P

EDIT: Stuff as in last minute snacks...

Archived