Something About You

Guest Jacksthehottest

Here it is...and i actually tell you what he did, enjoy

Chapter 13:

Martha sat on the couch, holding her legs together as she placed her head on her knees. So many thoughts were going through her head and she was actually starting to regret getting back together with Jack, she never thought she would think like that.

The smile on Jack’s face from the night they were reunited still appeared in her head, she had never seen him so excited and happy, she wished she was that happy right now. The thing that hurt the most was that if she had told Jack that she didn’t trust him or wasn’t sure she wanted to be with him, it would break his heart and she knew it. She didn’t want to do it, because the reality was she did love him. But as Tash had told her, how was she supposed to go out with someone she didn’t even trust, when those thoughts came crawling back into her head and wouldn’t leave.

Martha fell back on her back, as she lay her self on the couch, looking up at the ceiling, when did things start being so complicated. If things had remained how they were before none of this would be happening, sure she wouldn’t be with Jack, but at least she wouldn’t be hurting him.

Every time Jack touched her it made her smile, they way he kissed her and held her, she felt like she was in heaven. No guy could make her feel that way. And for a second it all felt normal, like they were just a perfect couple, but it was more than that. Jack had no idea what thoughts Martha was having and she wasn’t going to tell him. She was going to get over it, soon everything would be fade and then it would only be her and Jack but for now she was going to keep everything to herself.

Her thoughts were distracted as she heard someone knocking on the door, who could it be at this time of the day, her granddad was out working, Ric was at school and Tash was out, unless she came back to check if she was ok.

“Come in” Martha yelled out not even bothering to get up, the door wasn’t locked. She sat up on the couch, wanting to know who had arrived.

“Hey” Jack said entering, he had a huge smile plastered across his face, it just made Martha feel even worse, he was so happy to have her why wasn’t she showing that in return it wasn’t fair on him.

“Hey, I thought you were at work” Martha replied, surprised that Jack had come. She moved over to one side of the couch so that he could sit down.

“Not happy to see me?” Jack frowned as he sat down.

“Of course I am” Martha smiled as she gave him a quick kiss on the lips and rested her head on his chest. Jack wrapped his hands around her as he kissed her cheek.

This is why Martha couldn’t leave, just laying here in his arms was perfect, it even made her forget what she was thinking about before. She couldn’t leave this she would miss it, being in his arms and being the girl he loves was all she needed.

Jack looked down at her as he placed her hair behind her ear, so that he could see her face clearly, he smiled as he saw Martha’s smile appear, he loved to see her happy.

“How come you came back early from work?” Martha asked.

“The boss, said I could have the rest of the day of, but tomorrow I’m working for most of the day, which sucks” Jack groaned. Martha couldn’t help but smile at Jack’s whining.

“Where were you all that time?” She questioned him again. Martha stop asking him questions, she thought to herself, he would know something was up, but the truth was she didn’t trust him; she just wanted to know where he was, how in secure was that?

“Wouldn’t you like to know” Jack said to her, but for Martha it wasn’t a joke, Jack had no idea what she was thinking of. Martha looked away, not wanting Jack to see her face.

“What’s wrong?” he asked

“Nothing what do you mean?” she replied moving closer to him, she just wanted him to hold her, so that everything would go away.

“Doesn’t matter” Jack told her. Martha smiled up at him, leaning in closer and capturing his lips with a kiss. The continued this for a couple of minutes before Jack pulled away smiling at her, remembering what he had to tell her

“I’ve got something for you” Jack told her, he watched Martha’s face as it grew with excitement.

“What might that be” she smiled back at him.

“Well, your just going to have to wait and find out won’t you” he teased, the truth was he had forgotten to bring it, it was at home.

“Oh so now your going to leave me guessing, just great” Martha replied sarcastically, Jack couldn’t help but laugh at her.

“Well I’ll leave you to it then” Jack replied, leaning in and giving her a quick kiss on the cheek, he had told Robbie that he would meet up with him at Noah’s for a drink.

“Wait, where are you going?, you just came” Martha complained, she knew once Jack left, the thoughts would come back and she would start thinking about it, but with Jack around she seemed to forget it all.

“I promised Robbie I would meet up with him at Noah’s for a drink” Jack replied.

“Oh ok then” she replied disappointed.

“Are you sure everything’s ok?” Jack asked wanting to make sure.

“Yeah it is” Martha forced a smile, “Now come here and give me a kiss before you leave” she joked.

“Hey, I already gave you one” he replied. “But I guess I don’t mind doing it again” Jack smiled at her.

LATER THAT NIGHT

“Jack you ok?” Tash asked as they walked into the diner. She had tried to talk to him, but got no response. She knew exactly what was on his mind, she was thinking of it herself. The only one that was left clueless was Robbie, he didn’t even seem to notice what was wrong.

“I’m fine” Jack replied as the 3 of them sat down at a table. He wasn’t fine, how could he be fine. Just a couple of hours everything was fine, him and Martha were happy and nothing was in their way. He even seemed to think Martha had gotten over it, but now he wasn’t sure what she would think.

His heart was beating faster every second, he couldn’t even concentrate, why was this happening, it wasn’t meant to be like this. It was meant to be him and Martha, the past was supposed to be behind them. He wondered what Martha would think when she saw her.

“So what does everyone want to drink” Robbie clapped his hands and smiled, he didn’t get why everyone was disappointed, he felt pretty happy with himself.

Tash looked over at Jack and then back at Robbie. “Nothing for me” Tash replied.

“Yeah I don’t want anything” Jack replied placing his head in his hands leaning on the table, he was soon distracted as he saw Martha coming. He tried to smile and pretend everything was fine, would she notice?

“Hey” she smiled at the, she had been in the apartment all day thinking, she was glad she had found Jack down at the diner, this way she wouldn’t have to think about it, he would distract her from her thoughts.

“Hey” Jack smiled as he leaned in quickly kissing her, he couldn’t look at her.

Martha looked over at Tash, who was looking at Jack, she then turned around to face Jack, why did he seem upset.

“What’s going on here?” Martha asked. Tash didn’t reply, it was up to Jack to tell her. She had a talk with Martha before and she knew she wasn’t going to like this.

“What do you mean?” Jack asked quickly snapping out of his thoughts, he saw Kim coming in. ‘Good’ he thought, maybe this would stop Martha asking questions, he didn’t want to tell her not right now, not when they were happy.

“Hey Kim” Rob said cheerfully, “Guess who we saw?” he continued. Tash and Jack both looked at each other, he wasn’t really going to say it was he?

“Who?” Kim asked as he took a seat on a chair.

“Yeah who?” Martha also wanted to know, since Tash and Jack weren’t even talking.

“You know Ashley?, the one that left like 6months ago, we saw her down at Noah’s” Robbie replied.

No one replied, no one even dared to look at Robbie except for Kim. Martha heart stopped at the mention of her name. This couldn’t be happening, now she was never going to forget. It might have taken her a few months more, but now that she was back she couldn’t forget. She looked at Jack, who was looking down trying to pretend he didn’t hear what Rob had just said,

Jack finally looked up to see Martha staring back at him, she wasn’t happy and he could see her eyes were full of hurt just like the day she had left him. She was angry and about to cry.

Martha took a deep breath she wasn’t going to let this get to her, she didn’t want to break down in front of everybody here

“Oh I remember her, she’s the one Jack hooked up with at my pa-“ Kim stopped talking, realizing what he was saying, he knew Mac hated it when he brought her up.

Martha felt as all eyes were focused on hers, this couldn’t be happening, why was she here?. She had ruined everything before. Everything Martha was thinking about these past few days had become true, she hoped that she wouldn’t return, but she was wrong.

She couldn’t just sit here, she couldn’t even look at Jack, it only reminded her of things she didn’t want to remember.

Jack tried to reach for her waist, to pull her closer, but Martha got away before he had the chance to. She quickly stood up and walked of, not wanting anyone to see her tears.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:o I can't believe it. What an idiot! I know I'd kinda guessed that he ahd cheated, but when it's written down, it's all so much more real. I'm feeling so sorry for Martha right now, and Jack is like the most amazing fool ever. How could he do that to her ?! :(

Hmm, something's not right. Jack wouldn't cheat on Martha, would he? Not fully conscious anyway. lol.

Maybe he was bladdered?

Maybe she's one of those evil tarts that lure fit fit fit men into bed when they're drunk..

Maybe she drugged him?

*hopes*

If Jack doesn't have the above or an equally good reason - then he is officially in my bad books. Poor Martha..

And for now, poor Jack. I don't know why I should feel sorry for him.. but I do. lol. :P

Update soon!

We finally found out what he did...and I am not impressed with Jacky. :angry: Unless he can find some way to dig himself out of this hole - which I find very unlikely - he will remain in my bad books forever in this fic unless he makes it up to Martha somehow *goes off into daydream*

Back on subject, that was great, but stupid stupid Jack, and I don't know how Nicole can say that she feels sorry for him! Jack now listen to me you better go and follow Martha, and make sure that she isn't about to kill herself or anything drastic like that!

Please update soon, that was soo good :)

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah here's the next chapter, not much going on

oh and also, updates wont be so frequent not that they have been , but i got school soon and i'll try to write as much as i can before it starts

Chapter 14:

Jack sat down staring at his hands. Since Martha had walked away from them, no one had said a word. Jack couldnt decided whether to go after her or not, he knew what Martha was like when she was angry and if he came there it would only get worse.

He kind of expected Martha to just walk of, it wasnt like she would continue to sit around and pretend like nothing had happened. Why had he been such a jerk?, all it took was one mistake to ruin everything, he just wished he could go back and fix it.

“Sorry mate” Kim finally spoke, He had felt bad for what he had done, it wasnt his place to say it.

“Dont worry about it” Jack replied not even bothering to look up, he didnt blame Kim, maybe it was better of if this way, that way she wouldnt have heard it from Colleen or anyone else. He had no one to blame him self, thats why he was going to leave Martha for a couple of minutes on her own. A fight was what had started the situation last time.

But then bad thoughts started creeping in his head, what if Martha was crying now. He needed to be there for her, he couldnt leave her there by herself, they needed to sort this out, if there was anything left. He slowly stood up from his chair.

“Jack where are you going?” Tash questioned him, even if she already knew the answer. Jack ignored her and walked of, Tash quickly stood up following him “Wait” she said grabbing his hand forcing him to turn around.

“What” Jack said showing no emotion

“Do you think this is such a good idea, going to see her now, you know what Martha is like when shes angry, do you want this to get worse” Tash told him, she had spoken to Martha before and she would probably guess that she wasnt happy with Jack right now.

“I cant just sit here can I, thats not going to solve anything” Jack told her.

He was right Tash thought, sitting down wasnt going to help Martha, she needed to see her. She had known Martha for a long time, and when it came down to something like this, Tash was always there for her.

“Ill go see her” she announced finally. ”Just give me a couple of minutes and then you can go” she added. She needed to see Martha first before she made some decisions which she might regret later.

Martha turned on the TV and laid down on the couch. She wasnt going to cry, she wasnt going to let this get to her. What had changed over the past 24 hours? Nothing, just Ashley came back, that wasnt a big deal was it?

She felt as a tear rolled down onto her cheek, she tried to quickly wipe it away. She didnt want to cry, but couldnt help it. How was she ever supposed to look at Jack again. How was she ever going to trust him again, now that she was back. And what if she saw them together again, she couldnt go through that all over again.

What was she supposed to do now? She knew she couldnt carry on like this. Martha was kind of glad she hadnt seen Ashley yet, that would have made it even worse. She didnt even know her, its not like they were friends. They hadnt really talked, she was just a girl living in summer bay. Obviously she was more than that to Jack. She couldnt believe he would do such a thing to her.

They were going fine for a month and then it all just got ruined. Her thoughts were distracted as she saw Tash come in. Martha let out a groan, she knew why she was here. And she was sure that Jack would come in later, why couldnt they just leave her alone.

“How are you?” Tash asked, looking worried at her as she sat down on the couch.

“Im fine” Martha replied, not even looking at her. Tash knew she was going to act like this, deny that everything that was wrong, but she knew Martha better than that, she knew eventually Martha would tell her all, thats why she was glad she had gotten in before Jack. “So your watching the news, thats new” Tash added, looking at the T.V. Martha focused her attention at the screen, she hadnt even realized what she was watching. Martha ignored her and kept staring at the screen.

“Mac” she tried to get her attention. Martha stopped and turned around to face her, she knew what Tash wanted, she wanted her to tell how she was feeling and what she was thinking. Martha tried to speak but the words wouldnt come out. She wanted to tell Tash to leave her alone, but the truth was she needed someone there, she couldnt keep this to herself any longer. She tried to stop the tears from coming out of her eyes, but couldnt

Tash moved forward quickly comforting Martha, she hated seeing her like this. Martha normally came across as a strong girl, but when it came down to Jack and this situation she couldnt stay strong. Everyone could see that she loved him, Martha never let anyone so close to her in like she did with Jack and the fact that he hurt her, made it hard for her to ever trust him again.

“I cant do this” Martha finally said, while trying to control her tears. She brought her hand up, wiping away the tears.

“Cant do what?” Tash asked.

“This, me and Jack” Martha whispered softly. “I cant stop thinking about her and him and now that shes here its going to be even worse, what if the same happens again Tash, I dont think I could go through the same pain all over again” she added.

“Martha Im sorry” Tash replied, she didnt know what else to say, she knew well enough that Jack wouldnt do the same thing to Martha ever again. But still that didnt change the fact that Martha didnt trust him. “I dont think Jack would ever do that to you again” Tash added, making sure Martha knew what she was thinking.

“But what if he does Tash, I never expected it to happen the first time, but it did” Martha told her, trying hard once again to battle her tears.

“I just dont want to see you get hurt, I can see how happy Jack makes you, but if you are thinking like that and having second thoughts, then maybe your right” Tash let out a sigh.

“ I love him, I really do, but its just not enough” Martha told her. “I dont think I could ever trust him, especially not now” she finished of.

Jack had, had enough of sitting and waiting around. He wanted to go and see Martha, he wondered what she would be thinking. He had only just got her back and wasnt ready to loose her just yet. He knew now with Ashley around it would be hard for Martha, but Jack would never do the same to her again, he knew what it was like to live 6months without Martha, he didnt want it to go back that way.

He reached the apartment knocking on the door. Hoping for an answer.

“Ill get it” Martha told Tash getting up from the couch. She reached up to the door and opened it to find Jack standing there. She hoped he wouldnt come to see her, she didnt know what to do or say to him.

Tash looked up to see Jack there, she was going to leave them alone to talk, she got up and headed out, but was stopped by Martha.

“Where are you going?” Martha questioned her, she hoped Tash would stay so that she wouldnt have to talk to Jack and he would eventually leave.

“Umm, I have to go, Robbies waiting” she lied, but all she wanted to do was get out of there and give them some privacy, she hoped Mac would do the right thing.

Martha stood there, not wanting to look up at Jack, if she did, she would start feelings things she wanted to forget about. This was it, she was either going to break up with him or it was going to turn into another argument. Either way no one would win.

Archived