One Thing Leads To Another...

Guest SfanS

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UGH, long day. Some school fete thing, went for WAY too long, and I'm badly sunburnt...YUCK! Anyway, had to get that out....here's the next update!

Chapter 9: Start of something new...?

"Hey" Hayden greeted Kit, who was fixing a salad for their meal.

"Um....hi" she replied, wondering why he was talking to her. She'd had an outburst before, and thought she'd freaked him out. She meant what she said though. Most of the boys she ever liked went for Hayley...Noah, Kim. "How are you?" Hayden asked, keen to get a real conversation going. He liked this girl already.

"I'm okay. Listen, I need to go get Annabelle" Kit lied, glad to get an excuse. He was weird, and it was too awkward to keep standing like that. He stared at her as she walked off, knowing she had lied. No way was he going to give up that easily. No way on this Earth.

From a distance, Rachel watched Hayden approach Kit and try to talk to her, and studied them carefully. 'He is SO obvious!' she thought to herself, watching as Kit turned him down. It was her job, as Kit's friend, to either a) warn her or him off if he's trouble or b) play matchmaker if he's alright. At that moment, Rachel was planning b).

THE NEXT MORNING

After a long day, the bext thing, in a guy's opinion, is to drink...a lot, so the Kim, Jack, Tony, and Hayden woke up with serious hangovers. Hayden rolled over and fell out of his bed with a thud. He groaned. "Ohhh, my head" He said, his hand going to the side of his head to clutch it. He had thought of Kit all night, and in his drunken dreams, he could even picture him with her. He shook his head, laughing. God, he was an idiot.

"Morning!" Rachel greeted Hayden with a funny look on her face. "Hangover?" she said, and he nodded "Sooo....you have a thing for Kit..." she said, half-teasing. This jerked Hayden wide-awake at the mention of her name, and of the fact that he HAD been too obvious with his coming on to her. Rachel laughed at the look of worry on Hayden's face. "Don't worry" she said, "I'm going to help you" she said mysteriously, before heading off to her shower.

Hayden, Kim and Jack went down to the beach for the usual morning surf. "So....any girls catch your fancy yet?" Kim asked Hayden. "Aw, maybe" Hayden replied.

"Ooohhh, Hayden!" Jack teased, punching him on the arm and laughing.

"Who is she!?" Kim urged, but Hayden shook his head.

"She's....special" Hayden hinted, but that was all.

"Special? God, Hayden. all girls are special! Colleen is special!" Jack eclaimed, but Hayden ignored him, kicking the sand happily as he walked.

Not a very exciting chapter, I'm sorry :( It's building up....don't worry it'll get better.

LOL, or not! tonight it is! Bit longer than some of the others I THINK, PLEASE REVIEW!

Chapter 10: Which girl?

Hayden could easily admit it...he liked Kit. There was something about her. But he needed help. " You like kit then, hey?" Kim asked him once he'd asked Kim for help on how to win her over. " umm....Kit...Kit..." Kim murmured, trying to think of how to help Hayden. " I don't know" he finally answered.

" Oh. thanks for your help" Hayden said sarcastically.

He started off by first leaving a rose on her pillow, delivered by Lucas.

Kit found the object lying on her pillow, and stared at it. It was probably just some practical joke. She threw it out.

" So? What happened? Did she find it?" Hayden demanded, rushing up to Lucas.

" Um, sorry mate...but, she threw it out. I saw it in her bin" Lucas replied.

Hayden tried to think. He'd heard Kim's stories of winning over Rachel, but he couldn't picture himself serenading Kit. And besides, he couldn't play guitar or any instrument for that matter.

A heat wave struck Summer Bay. Early one morning, Kit woke up early, boiling hot, unable to get back to sleep. She got dressed and went to grab her towel, when Hayden came up behind her " Hey!" he exclaimed. " What are you doing up?" he asked her. " Um...I'm going to the beach" she replied, tossing the towel over her shoulder and heading out.

Kit dipped her head under the water. " Ahhh" she breathed happily. Peace destroyed.

She heard a splash in the water near her, and her head popped up instantly, looking around. Who else could be up? She looked around, but couldn't see anyone. " Looking for me?" a voice said behind her in her ear making her jump. " Oh my God Hayden, you scared me to death!" she exclaimed.

" Gee, that's not hard." he joked playfully.

" Ugh!" Kit said, pretending to be insulted. " You are so going to pay!" she exclaimed, jumping on him, holding him under water. Hayden lifted Kit up over his shoulder, making her squeal to put her down. He dropped her in the water with a loud splash.

" Oh, you are SO dead!" she yelled, and he ran away, splashing through the waves, as Kit went after him, and jumped on his back, like he was piggy-backing her, trying to make him go under. He went under as a wave came, knocking her off, and she was almost pushed back by the wave, but he caught her hand, and pulled her closer to him.

Their heads were inches apart, and they stood in the water as they looked at eachother for a moment. He leaned foward to her to kiss her, and Kit let him. They stayed like that until another wave came and broke them apart, and Kit ran out of the water, grabbed her towel and ran all the way home.

Hayden watched her leave. He really thought they had something going there. She was just scared. He hoped. But he wasn't going to give up. Not now, not ever.

" Hey. What was that before? You just took off" Hayden said to Kit as he came up to her when he arrived at the Hunters. " Oh, nothing, just had something to do" Kit replied nervously.

" Right...so...where do we go from here?" he asked her.

" Nowhere. There's no 'us' Hayden. Just a stupid mistake" Kit replied, before walking off.

She went down to the beach, feeling the sand between her toes. She was scared. Her relationships never really worked, and she was worried that something would go wrong, she had to be careful with Annabelle, if they were good with her or not, if they treated Kit right, so many things. She didn't know why she couldn't just admit she liked Hayden, because she knew she did.

At the surf club that afternoon, they met again. Kit knew very well how to play pool....but Hayden didn't know that. She couldn't help herself, she had to do it.

She played badly for awhile, until he noticed, and offered to help. He was close to her, coming up behind her, and putting his arms around her to help her play the shot. " Hey!" he exclaimed when he'd worked it out " You've done this before!" was all he said. " Well DUH" Kit said teasingly.

" Alright, Miss I'm so good, I'll give you a game then" he challenged her, and Kit accepted.

It was a close match, but in the end Hayden won. The deal had been for the loser to do a dare from the winner, anything. kit rolled her eyes when she lost. " Oh God, you're going to make me do something bad, aren't you?" she asked, and Hayden smiled mysteriously.

They got back to Hayden's new home, which was deserted. " Alright, so what do i have to do?" she asked, pretending to be annoyed. " umm....Okay. I've got it" Hayden said, still wearing that stupid smile on his face " you've got to kiss me. But it's got to last more than five seconds" Hayden said.

" That's all!?" Kit exclaimed. " Too easy!" but Hayden laughed. She couldn't keep doing this for that mcuh longer, he knew.

He leaned in, just normally, and counted to five in his head. When he reached three, he prepared himself, and when five came, he put his arms around her waist and pulled her closer to him. Kit hadn't bothered to pull away, she knew this was his challenge, but didn't care. She threw her arms around his neck, and Hayden knew he was successful....finally!

Kit and Hayden sat side by side on his bed, talking. He had his arm around her, and she leaned into him, her head resting on his shoulder. " So, why did you keep putting it off, anyways?" he asked her.

" I don't know. Fear. Not many things have worked out for me in the past. I've got to be careful, having Annabelle and all. And what happened with Jake and Rachel, well....I don't know. yeah, fear I guess" she finsihed. " Oh well. Worth it in the end. Now I've got to go on the stupid camping trip this weekend. I'd rather spend time with you. Can't let the guys down though" Hayden sighed.

THe old version has been deleted. ^^^ THAT is the new version!

After that: They go on the camping trip, and the car falls off because of H&S's car.

Hey, here's the update! Stuff Homework, I'll do it later! :D LOL.

Chapter 11: Life Threat

Tony hung on for dear life. " Luc! Lucas, Jack! Are you alright?!! Hayden!" he called as loudly as he could.

" Dad! Where are you?!" Jack yelled back. He and Lucas had jumped out of the car before it had gone off the cliff, and stopped themselves before rolling down the hill. Tony had jumped out of the car while it was rolling, and had grabbed onto a rock that was on the cliff, hanging on. They all had scratches, bruises and other injuries, but were alive. Hayden on the other hand....

Jack climbed down to help his father back up to the top. It was night time, and they couldn't see the car, or where Hayden was. They prayed he was alive. Tony rapped his arms around Lucas when he got up to the top, both of them in shock. It was a good thing that they had brought their absailing (is it absailing?) equiptment, they set up, and went all the way down to look for their old neighbour and friend....

The car was in a horrible state. Smashed and dented, and...a gas leak. " Oh god!" Tony breathed. They needed to get Hayden out if he had any chance of living. The door had fallen off from when they had jumped out, so they could easily get in to reach him. He was unconcious, and his legs were crushed by the wreck that had fallen on them infront of him. They couldn't get him out, he was trapped. The car was hot, and could burst into flames at any moment, they needed to be quick if any of them wanted to live.

They were trying to be gentle, they didn't want it to be worse for Hayden, but it was hard. They tried and tried, pulled and pulled, lifted and lifted....no sign of movement. " Go!" Jack yelled at Lucas, wanting his brother to be safe and okay. " No way!" Lucas replied back, he was a man too, it wasn't fair. It was all of them or none of them. Tony stopped working and shook his head. " No budge. Look....I'm sorry guys, with out medical equiptment, he is pretty much going to die." Tony said, praying he was making the right decision.

He made Jack and Lucas stop, sadly. He didn't want his sons to be hurt aswell. This was the way it had to be. Jack lived with it, he knew there was no way around it, but Lucas was so reluctant, they had to hold him back from trying to help Hayden. When Jack moved around for his job, and was late and stuff, Hayden was like another brother. The three of them were inseperable when they were younger, and Haydem was always nice to Luc even though he was much younger than him. He was just a nice guy. He couldn't just not help him. He broke free from Jack's grip and ran towards Hayden....

He tried a different way, his way. No one liked his idea before, but he tried it. he suddenyl felt it move, and pulled harder, relieving the pressure from Haydens legs...although they looked practically destroyed, like the rest of his injuries, Lucas had faith that he'd live. He called Tony and Jack over, and they carried Hayden out and placed him on the ground away from the wreckage, just as it burst into flamed.

" Hey! Hey, are you guys alright?!!" a voice shouted at the top of the cliff. Tony, Jack and Lucas looked up to see a familiar face standing there yelling to them.

Scott, Hayley and Noah stood there. They had realised the other car was in trouble after they saw it go off, so they stopped. They watched for awhile, they tried yelling, but no one paid any attention until then. They had been in the other car, they were the ones who had sent their car off the edge.

Scott and Hayley tied a rope to their car, with something on the bottom to pull Hayden up on, who was now semi-consious. He was muttering " Kit" every now and then, and groaning from his pain, but still able to talk faintly. The other climbed back up the way they'd come down, and were soon at the top with the others.

Hayley and Scott were apologetic about the accident, and relieved to be able to help. They had quite a big car, thank goodness, and a trailor on the back with their furniture, which wasn't safe, and one of the reasons for the accident. They all gathered in the car, cramped, but safe, and drove back to Summer Bay...

They arrived at the hospital after two hours of driving, and made the phone calls to the family. Lucas jack and Tony were being kept overnight, but Hayden's case was much more serious. He needed a serious operation...to which he may not wake up and recover....

LOL, Willz, i made Tony alright! i did that just for you! :D Please review, thanks guysa!

Archived