One Thing Leads To Another...

Guest SfanS

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I know. This reading contract I have is awful! Anyway, you're lucky, here's the update!:

Chapter 3: name later

"Hey Kit, what are you doing tomorrow night?" Rachel asked her. Kit had gotten out of hospital that morning, and nhad gone to Rachel and Kim's to visit with Annabel. " Not much...why?" Kit replied

" Oh, I just invited Jake over for dinner, you know, because I spilt coffee all over him" Rachel laughed, and Kit just raised her eyebrows " how does Kim feel about that" Kit questioned, knowing Kim disliking of Jake already. " Um, I haven't asked him. I'm sure he'll be fine with it. Why wouldn't be!?" She replied cheerfully. " she has NO idea" Kit thought to herself, as Kim walked through the door

" Hey!" Rachel greeted him, and without a response, she continued " Listen, i invited Jake for dinner tomorrow, that's okay right?" Rachel asked, still cheery, depite the look on Kim's face, even while still taking his daughter from Kit. " Uh, not really. I'm going to the city overnight to visit Dad....remember?" Kim asked. He was sort of implying Rachel invited Jake over that night for them to be alone, and deep down was worried of losing Rachel. It was obvious jake had more of an interest in rachel than friends....at least, in his eyes.

But Kim couldn't bail out on his Dad. Thank God he didn't have to. Kit had been invited too, and she would keep an eye on them for sure. After Kit left, Rachel noticed something...weird about Kim. " Kim?" she said

" Yeah, what is it?" he grumbled back, in a less than cheery way.

" Are you okay...you seem kind of weird....are you mad at me or something?" Rachel asked

" You didn't invite Jake over just to be alone with him, did you?" Kim finally asked, knowing he was being stupid and it was the wrong thing to say. " Of course not! He and I are just friends, why would I do that to you! And if I did, why would I bother inviting Kit? I can't believe you think I'd do that...do you know me at ALL?" she yelled, and stormed out. Kim ran out the door after her. He thought for a moment of following her, but they'd just fight again. So he went to see Kit and Annabel, instead.

When he got there, Kit knew something was wrong. he wouldn't be there if he'd just seen her ten minutes ago. " What's wrong?" Kit asked, and Kim didn't waste a minute explaining.

" So, you want me to keep an ' eye' on Rachel and Jake?" Kit asked after Kim had finished. " No way! Don't you trust Rach? Besides, I was going to tell you to tell Rachel i can't go anyway."

" What? Why not!!!??" Kim exclaimed, his worries of losing Rachel coming back.

" Oh some family thing. Look Kim, you better go, okay? I promise you everything will be fine." she answered, pushing Kim out the door.

Kim had gone to Noah's bar for the rest of the afternoon and into the night. he got home late to find Rachel finishing setting up the lounge as a bed. " You're sleeping on the lounge?" Kim asked, tired.

" No" she replied " You are."

" But Rachel-!" Kim started to exclaim, but Rachel cut him off

"No, Kim. You don't trust me enough, you won't let me just be friends with Jake, and you're the one asking stupid questions!" she shouted. " Good- NIGHT!" Going to the bedroom and slamming the door.

" Yeah, sure, Kit. Everything will be alright." Kim muttered to himself, lying on the lounge still clothed and falling asleep replaying everything in his whole relationship with Rachel.

And.....cliffhanger!

What will happen at the dinner with Jake?

Is Jake the guy Rachel thinks he is?

Is Annabel in danger?

next chapter soon, hopefully tonight, if i have time! Here's a few spoilers, the first one will leave you wondering, wink wink!

" What the hell is this!?"

No way! you're kidding!"

One liners.....enjoy! next chapter....soon!

One more! A chapter soon will involve:

(before reading, I am giving a lot away in spoilers lately, so don't read if you don't want to be given away...soon I won't have ANY spoilers!

hospital, Annabel, Kit, Kim, Rachel and Jake....and a car accident....who is involved?

Archived