One Thing Leads To Another...

Guest SfanS

Okay, here is the next update....YAY, almost finished homework....Now I look at it, it was TOO easy. Complaining over nothing....ENJOY!

P.S. I'm making Annabel seem a bit older than she really is....sort of.

Chapter 4: The Perfect solution...Or Not.

Kim woke up with a terrible headache. He hadn't slept well that night, he kept waking up, thinking he heard noises, or missing Rachel, or something. He rolled off the lounge, heading towards the kitchen, ad rachel came out. There was silence for awhile, and it was obvious Rachel wasn't going to say anything, so he had to make the first move. "Um....how'd you sleep?" he asked, the most dull thing he could've said.

"Fine" Rachel replied not looking up from what she was doing. Surely she could see he was trying....couldn't she?

"Look, Rach, I'm sorry. I should trust you. I mean, I do! It's not that I don't it's just...." Kim tried to explain what he meant, but it wasn't working. He wished she would put him out of his misery. When he looked at her, he was sure he'd failed, she still hadn't looked up. But her head slowly raised, and when Kim could see her whole face, he could see a teasing smile forming, before a quiet giggle, then turning into a whole laugh, and Kim jumped on her to tickle her, but deep down was so glad that they were, like Kit said, going to be okay.

Knock, Knock (how else do you describe a knock at the door!?) Her hair still dripping water on the floor behind her from her shower, Rachel opened the door, and looked surprised to see Kit there. "I am REALLY sorry!" Kit exclaimed

"What for?" Rachel asked, puzzled

"Well....My aunt just died, and her funerals today, but I didn't think I shoudl bring Annabel, and I just remembered it's my day with her, so I felt really bad, and it doesn't help Kim's going to the city overnight, but can you mind her just until later tonight? Please? I'm really sorry if it doesn't suit and...." Kit rambled quickly, babbling on. "Kit, Kit! Take a chill pill, okay? Of course we can mind her, we can take her on our picnic with us, don't worry!" Rachel exclaimed, smiling at Kit's frenziness (is that a word?) But Kit had a big smile on her face, too. Not for the same reason though. "What?"asked Rachel.

"Oh....nothing" Kit said, handing over Annabel to Rachel, as Kim came out. Just before she left, she said to Kim "See, I told you it would be fine!"

There was a knock at the door, and Rachel rushed to answer it. She had arranged for Annabel to stay at her and Kim's house that night, to keep her company and to spend time with her, so she was holding Annabel at the same time. "Hey!"Jake exclaimed, handing flowers to Rachel, his face falling when he saw Annabel, trying not to show it 'I thought we were going to be alone' he thought to himself, but putting on a smile to make Rachel think he was alright.

It was nearing 8:00, Annabel's pick up time, but she was tired, and Rachel put her down for a rest, and sat down next to Jake on the lounge. He sat a little closer to her, but Rachel wasn't able to see him coming onto her. "Sooo...." Jake said, and Rachel gave a little laugh, and he moved even closer to her. There was a moment of silence, before he caught her eye, looking straight into it. Jake knew women, and when he wanted one, like he wanted Rachel, he always got what he wanted. He moved his head towards hers, and leaned in, still looking straight into her eyes.

She knew she shouldn't do this, she knew it was wrong....but her husband was away, and he was sitting right accross from her. He knew he was winning, and she gave in. She leaned too, and before she knew it, he was almost on top of her, and she loved every moment of the kiss....until the door swung open.

Please review!

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll try and update tonight. I am really looking forward to writing the next update. Now that I think about it, I had to change some chapters, so not all of the spoilers are included. They're just little hints of what COULD have been. But not for sure. The one cliffhanger is, like it has been nefore, and is the next chapter title for some reason, (LOL) is : Who Is At The Door?

Yay.

Have a cookie Sarah. A whole chapter full of my Rachie ness :wub:

xx

I know you love Rachel and all....but can't you see what's coming? I've made it a bit more Kim and Rachel now, as you can see....but...aren't you mad that I made her give in to Jake, if you know what I mean...??

Trying to update for you, before duty calls, its my bros 16th b-day

chapter 5: Who's at te door (a random title)

" What the hell is this?!" Kim yelled at them, and they pulled away quickly. As much as she was feeling guilty, Rachel had wanted it, and had enjoyed it, much like Jake had. But she couldn't think of that now. "Kim! Whatare you doing back!?" Rachel exclaimed

" Well, first of all, you, jerk, get your hand off my wife!" he yelled at Jake who still had his arm around Rachel " Second, was GOING to surprise you, but obviously the roles were reversed" he said, glaring.

" Um, Jake, you should probably go..." Rachel said nervously, as Jake got up from next to her.

" Kim, we should talk...." Rachel tried to begin.

" No. There's nothing to say. You can leave now." He interrupted.

" What? But we can work this out!" Rachel exclaimed, but she knew that he wasn't going to accept that

" Oh, yeah right. You REALLY want to. Get real Rach. You wanted that so much, I could tell. Forget it. I was out, you took advantage of that. You can leave. It's my house, you were the one who did that, so you leave." Kim replied, sounding calm, but was boiling up inside.

Jake walked in the morning cool weather, the sun not heated up yet. He stopped when he saw Rachel's read car, with her curled up asleep on the seat. He went up to the window, and tapped the glass, and her eyes slowly fluttered open. She opened the door and stumbled out, and began to cry, collapsing into Jake's arms.

meanwhile, Kim had been for his morning surf, and was walking back, and witnessed this. He felt hurt, anger, and wondered why on Earth she was back in his arms...

" Hey, here you go" Jake gave the coffee to Rachel who was sitting in the lounge room in his apartment.

" Thanks. you don't have to do this you know." she said, taking the cup.

" Nah, I want to" he replied, and looked into her eyes again. Whenever he did that, Rachel was sent into a trance, something she hadn't been feeling with Kim for quite awhile. Looking into his sparkling blue eyes, she felt the urge to kiss him, to leap into his arms, even though she shouldn't, she was still legally married....God, she was confused.

But almost reading her thoughts, Jake knew she wanted him, and took advantage of that. He knew how he felt about rachel, and wanted her, from the first moment they met. He looked staright into her eyes, so she knew exactly what he wanted...her. She put the coffee cup to the side, and he was surprised she'd acted so quickly. but, she was confused. She threw her arms around his neck, pressing her mouth to his hard and quickly, letting him know he was all she wanted. She was married, she was with Kim, but neither of them cared.

Kim walked next door to kit's house, glad she opened the door. He told her what he'd seen last night, and what he'd walked in on. When he was finished, Kit almost spat out her coffee. " No way! you're Kidding!" She exclaimed, but then started choking as her coffee had gone down the wrong way.

Jake pressed his body to Rachels, pulling her as close as he could. They were in a tight embrace now, but suddenly Rachel pulled back, still letting him hold her, she needed that, she wanted that, but giving their heads a bit of space apart, to talk. " You know I'm married still, legally." Rachel said to him.

"Let's pretend you're not" jake whispered, taking her hand and slipping the ring off, putting it to the side, before holding her again, kissing her as much as he could and she gave in.

' You shouldn't be doing this' Rachel thought to herself, but the other side of her didn't care. She forgot Kim, and thought of Jake.

Kit slid over near Kim, and put her arm around him. She thought of taking advantage, but that was wrong. She didn't have to, either.....

That was a weird chapter to write.

Archived