One Thing Leads To Another...

Guest SfanS

My brother needs it now, so I'm being kicked off.....grrrrr. Oh well, I'll update after H&A....or hopefully before that....don't press your luck! I haven't worked it out totally just yet, so I need some thinking time...

Oh, one more thing: Incase you have noticed, I keep forgetting which way I'm spelling Annabelle (which is that way) so if I get it wrong, I'm just getting mixed up.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry. I'm going to have to limit my updates to one a day, if that. I am spending to much time on this thing, and I have a few other things that I sort of need to do. This is a bit of an addiction, I can't stop! I'll try and post tonight....but a hug and cookies would be nice...

LOL, thanks. Taking my limited time on computer now....so here's the update!

Chapter 7: No catch

Rachel gasped. Kim yelled. Jack called an ambulance. Jake got away. Annabelle started crying. Kit lay on the floor with blood coming out of her arm, where she'd been shot.

The ambulance sped to the hospital, and Rachel, Kim, Jack and Annabelle drove in a car trying to keep up behind them. Jack was driving, and Kim was trying to calm Rachel down who was crying hysterically. She was sorry, it should have been her, this was all her fault. Kim tried to tell her she was wrong, with no such luck.

Kit was, thank goodness, okay. Her arm was in a heavy cast and sling, but shook all the worries and attention off. She was allowed to go home, but with one arm, she would have trouble with Annabelle. " Well, maybe it'd be easier if you just rested, and you let her stay at our place" Kim suggested. Kit was reluctant, but didn't want her family to have to help her all the time, and aggreed.

As Rachel and Kim arrived home, Kim closed the door. Rachel went back to the door and locked it, then fiddled with it, and locked it again. Why couldn't she feel safe? " Rachel, I think it's locked" Kim said, putting his hand on her shoulder. "Get your hand off me!" she said knocking his hand off. " It's not safe. It's not locked, he can still get in, I know he can!" she yelled, now crying again. She collapsed into Kim's arm, crying on his shoulder.

Rachel, although being comforted by Kim, still wasn't, and didn't feel, safe. She was always fiddling with the doors, and had rung up to order an expensive company to set security systems in locks in. Kim was comforting of her, and sensitive, but was worried on how crazy she was getting about this. She felt bad enough that she'd been tricked, and been seen like that, but now that Kit had been shot, and they were taking care of Annabelle, Rachel was being extra paranoid.

After assuring Rachel that no one except her, Jack, Kim and Annabelle were in the house, and no one could get in, he finally managed to talk Rachel into going to bed.

Late that night, around 2:00 am, a grown man broke into the house. he was good at doing this, breaking into houses, he was an expert, as he was at all of this. He opened the door in which the couple slept in, taking close up shots of Rachel sleeping again. Then, he walked around the house. He pocketed money, tipped a few things over, broked a few things, then got what he was looking for. No one messes with Jake Jenson.

"Oh My God! Kim Annabelle's gone!" Rachel screamed, as she went into check on why the little girl hadn't woken up yet, to see that there was no little girl in the cot. Only a note, that read:

NEVER, EVER MESS WITH ME

Next Chapter!

Chapter 8 : Missing.

Imagine your own daughter missing.....

Imagine telling the mother her own daughter was missing....

Imagine.....

After realising Annabelle had been taken, there was one suspect on their minds. They, of course, called the police. The note had been written in Jake's own handwriting, he wanted them to know it was him, but still get away with it. He had a plan.

Jack, Fitzy and another officer came to the house to check details, evidence, and think up a plan. After examining the note, they got to work, trying to track down Jake, with baby Annabelle. While the police were working on finding their daughter, Kim and Rachel faced having to tell Kit what had happened.

They knocked on the door, answered by Tony, and saw through the door that they were still having breakfast, and some were still in their pyjamas. "Um....we have to tell you something..." Kim began, when everyone was settled in and listening to why they had come for such an early visit.

"So my daughter's missing!?" Kit exclaimed, walking up around to pace. "We need to do something!" she cried, and was about to go outside to next door, to see what the police were up to, when Beth stopped her. "Look. The police are doing the best they can, and don't need to be interrupted by a worried mother...but maybe you can help...." Beth said slowly, an idea forming in her mind.

By the time they were all dressed, everyone was ready to help find Annabelle. They were splitting up to drive around town for anything. Clues, evidence, and most of all, Annabelle. They had brainstormed ideas of what they should do, and where they should go, and put their plan into action.

They drove around most of the day, with no sign of anything. Meanwhile, Jack and Fitzy worked hard, trying to find the whereabouts of Jake. Jacks phone rang. When he answered, he got good news, and bad news

"Hello?" Jack answered his phone. "Who's this sorry? Oh, yeah, hi....really? .....really? OKay, be right there!"

Jack and Lara arrived on a dirt road, almost deserted, that was surrounded by bush. It didn't take long to see why he'd been called. A guy, around Jack's age probably, was nursing Annabelle next to a car wreckage. "Hayden, mate, what happened?" Jack asked his old friend...

It turned out that Jack and Hayden lived next door to eachother almost their whole lives, and were good friends. He was driving along to visit the Holden's, when he pulled up to see the car, that was smashed into a tree, with only a baby, who happened to be Annabelle, in the backseat. She had a few scratches, but nothing too serious.

"So he got away....again" Jack sighed, after telling Hayden about Jake. Just at that moment, the rest of the members of his family, and Annabelle's, pulled up in their cars. Kit jumped out of the car to where Hayden was. "Thank GOD you found her! Thank-you SO much!" Kit exclaimed, while taking Annabelle out of Hayden's hands. "Where's Jake?" Rachel asked, as Jack shook his head as his answer. The others held back their frustration, and focused on being glad they had Annabelle back.

Annabelle went to the hospital, just to make sure she was really okay, so Kit, Kim, Rachel, Jack and Hayden sat and waited. Kit, Kim and Rachel wanted to know their daughters rescuer, and Hayden was happy to make new friends while they waited for the check up to be over.

Hayden had arranged to be staying at the Jack's place, but no one had had dinner, and had been invited to the Hunter/Holdens for dinner. Jack, Kim and Rachel walked up ahead, and Hayden stayed behind talking to Kit, who was holding Annabelle as she slept. "Thanks again for saving her....we were really worried" Kit said. "Ahh, no worries. She's really gorgeous" Hayden said, gesturing to Annabelle.

"I know...she means everything to me...she's all I've got" Kit said

"What? No husband or anything?" Hayden asked, hoping he wasn't being too nosey

"Me? You're kidding right? No guys even take a second glance at me. Unless it's pity. The guys I seem to like, always seem to be after a popular, pretty girl, not me." Kit said, hopping into the car as they reached it, Hayden still thinking about what she'd just said

Archived