Destined

Guest Jackieleanne

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Louisefan, whilst I'm sure Jackie appreciates you reading and reviewing her story I do not think there is any need for you to post the same thing repeatedly. It's less than five days since Jackie updated and in that time you have posted eight times, I also know you've been requesting updates repeatedly via PM and over on TV Mania. One reply to a chapter is sufficient as a review, especially when only five days have lapsed since the last update. Authors post fanfics, not as a career but as a hobby in their free time and I personally don't feel it's acceptable that they are persistantly nagged in this way when they have other more pressing commitments such as University. Maybe I'm being a little harsh but I know you've already been warned about this on TV Mania and obviously nothing has changed. So I am asking you politely, as a friend of Jackie's to please refrain from posting as you have been doing, in a way which can only be conceived as spamming the thread in an attempt to boost your post count. Please do not keep bugging Jackie via PM either, all you're serving to do with this behaviour is with-holding delays for everyone else because I personally wouldn't blame Jackie one bit if she did that.

May I also suggest you read this thread and con sider some of the suggestions when posting a review.

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your eagerness but I really don't appreciate the constant messages over at my forum, in here and via pm at my message boards fair enough you havent asked me about it for a few weeks but it has been done with other authors. As stated by Skykat and myself repeatedly in my threads. Not only do I have University and work but I also have my own life to live and writing is something that I do as a hobby and enjoy and responses where no feedback is given do nothing to feed my appetite to writing what so ever. Sorry about the rant but its getting beyond a joke now.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry about the long wait ive been so busy and still have heaps going on but I wanted to get a chapter up.

Chapter 31

“You’re not pregnant are you?” mum says looking at me her face full of concern and anticipation at what me and Ric are about to tell them,

“No mum I’m not pregnant” I say

“That’s good so what is it then?” mum says

“I asked Matilda to marry me” Ric says as he takes my hand and extends it to show them the ring,

“Oh my god” Tony and mum both exclaim I look from mum to Tony shock etched on each of their faces I try to read their exact thoughts but can’t depict anything from their glances.

“You better sit down we should talk about this” mum says leading us over to the settee,

“well first off you two congratulations” Tony says smiling at us both, pulling me into a hug and shaking Ric’s hand before taking a seat next to mum,

“Congratulations you two, I mean I must say you’re both young but I know that you aren’t rushing into things and as long as you love her Ric and never hurt her I have no problem with this, Matilda’s been through a lot she can’t take no more heartache” Mum says,

“Thanks Beth and you don’t have to worry I promise ill look after her I’d never hurt Mattie not only is she the love of my life but she is my best friend” Ric says as he pulls me closer to him I smile softly as his words play over and over in my mind,

“So how long are you thinking before the wedding?” Tony asks us

“Well we was going to wait until Matilda is eighteen so about 8 months or so we want to plan everything we want this to be a really special occasion and we want everyone to be here we want Scott, Hayley and Noah as well as Robbie, Tasha and Ella to be here” I say smiling

“Oh come here love” mum says getting all teary,

“Mum please don’t start you’ll get me started” I say walking over to her and wrapping my arms around her.

“Granddad, Sally” Ric shouts as we rush into the caravan park an hour later,

“Hey kids how was it, we missed you” Sally says rushing over from where she stood in the kitchen with Brad, she hugs us both,

“hey you two how was the holiday” Alf says as he comes in from the hallway,

“Ric, Mattie” Pippa says running over and throwing her arms up for Ric to pick her up,

“well we have some news for you” Ric says as I stand nervously next to him as he holds Pippa in his arms,

“Matilda has agreed to marry me” he says as I flash my hand in front of them for them to see,

“Congratulations” everyone shouts out queing up to congratulate us,

“Ric does that mean that Matilda will be my sister as well” Pippa asks as she looks at us curiously,

“Yeah she will be your sister in law” Ric says smiling as he kisses her forehead softly before kissing my own.

Archived