Jon Sivewright

Guest Adia

Where has everyone gone?! :unsure::wink:

After much deliberation I have made my decision, sort of!

There are a few storylines that came into contention:

* The Lucas rebellion stuff

* Persuading Dan to donate Peters liver to Jack

* Supporting Beth through the whole ‘Lost’ saga

* Being the hero and saving Martha’s life

But I have had to pick two favourites because I couldn’t separate them. The episodes both involve his sons as I think that is where Tony/Jon is strongest.

Episode 4233 - Tony saves Lee from Mr Braeburn then gives Lucas the best fatherly speech ever as well as a big hug.

Episode 4296 - Jack’s life is hanging in the balance and Tony cries by his bedside because he thinks he had lost him.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Episode 4233 - Tony saves Lee from Mr Braeburn then gives Lucas the best fatherly speech ever as well as a big hug.

That's it for me. Jon did some great acting in this ep and this was one of my favourite "dad" moments on TV. Loved it.

As for the rest, slim pickin's though they may be, he still managed a few shining moments. I couldn't agree more with you Karena, he is strongest in his role as parent on this show. Here's a few of my favs.....

The Lucas rebellion storyline gave us much more Tony than we ever get so I'm greatful for that. My fav. scene from that was probably the scene after Lucas punched him and Tony went in with a tray of food to try and talk to Lucas. I loved how he tried to be all warm and fuzzy but Lucas kept acting the brat so he totally lost it and stood his ground. Lucas: "This whole thing's your fault so I guess you just have to live with the consequenses" - Tony: "Alright, I will - you're grounded, mate!". Priceless.

I liked getting the little glimpse of him in the classroom. Too bad it was short-lived.

SES Uniform - need I say more?

The sight of him running and jumping over the big log to get to the "lost" survivors while everyone else went around it - HOT!!

I love his interactions with Mattie - the little wave as they left her at the retreat - awwwwww.

Chopping up the gym membership card of the chick who accussed Kym of harrassment - so childish - loved it!

Being Best Man at Jack's wedding - good move, writers.

Let's face it.... I could go on forever here. I might leave it at those for now. Thanks for kicking off the discussion, Karena.

I agree with your whole post Bodwod!!!

My favourite is the Lucas rebellion storyline. There was some great acting there from Jon and Rhys... I especially loved the scene where Lucas punched him. When I saw that I actually felt like I was in the room, maybe it was the sound effects or something?

I think all of the "Jack in hospital" stories showed what a great actor Jon is. They were all very emotionally charged scenes and he played it to perfection. The Holden boys have a really strong bond as a family and I totally believe that if it came down to it, Tony would give up everything for his boys.

The scene at the gym with Tara when he cut up her membership... classic :P I loved it. Sometimes he can give Colleen a run for her money and come up with some cracker one liners as well. The thing about the Jones's is still my favourite!

I could ramble on as well... I just hope we see more of Tony/Jon in the new year!

Sometimes he can give Colleen a run for her money and come up with some cracker one liners as well. The thing about the Jones's is still my favourite!

My favourite Tony one-liner was actually last year when he'd been at the hospital all night with Jack and Lucas brought in a change of clothes and toiletries. Tony left the room saying that he was going to freshen up and then muttered really quietly "my breath could strip paint!!". It was all in the delivery.

Pretty much agree with all the points bodwod made....great minds think alike and all that! I am going to post some more pics in the Tony/Jon pics thread now!

I've just thought of another Tony moment I liked. Remember when he moved in with Beth and he was leaving his house, he looked all sad when he took off his wedding ring and kissed it. :wub:

^ I remember that! Matilda looked a bit terrified! :)

That actually reminded me of a scene when the Holdens first arrived and Jack and Tony were in the bar talking to Alf and Beth. Jack was telling them about Tony's last Christmas party at his last school when he ended up starkers under the goal posts for a dare!! Why couldn't that happen after the Christmas Pageant this year so we could all witness it!!! :lol:

Archived