Harry Potter - love or hate it?

Guest freakybuffy

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK I caved. I saw Half-Blood Prince. I just figured by this point I could only be pleasantly surprised, much like when I saw Terminator Salvation.

HBP was nowhere near as incoherent as Goblet of Fire, but it still does not bode well for Deathly Hallows. No clues to what the other Horcruxes are. No mention of Scrimgeour. Nothing about Kreacher. And what was with the Burrow attack? That had better have some bearing on the next movie.

The acting and direction, even most of the script, as good as any of the previous films. But once again, it has not done justice to the book.

Lol, Jen. I read it and now have to add my own thought which I've been meaning to do but keep forgetting.

What I loved:

Ron/Hermione/Lav. They were all so amazing during all their scenes. Jess did such a great job as Lavender and I adored the bit with her drawing in her breath on the train and her 'I miss you', lol. She really impressed me and, as much as I love Hermione/Ron, she made me like Lavender. The very small bits of her added in everywhere from the moment we first saw her in WWW were perfect, particularly during Ron's quidditch try outs. I really loved Ron and Harry's talk when they were in bed and Ron started on baout Hermione's nice skin. I aw'd like you wouldn't believe. I'm really glad they kept in the bit where he says her name while he's in the hospital and I loved the sometimes knowing looks on Ron's face when Hermione was upset. Oh! And I loved that Hermione could smell spearmint toothpaste in the love potion in potions class, especially after the "moment" at the Burrow with Ron.

I completely agree. I liked the way they subtly introduced Lav in WWW, and Ron seemed completely disinterested. The heart on the glass on the train was way too adorable - yet Ron seemed appropriately disturbed. The skin conversation was one of the most awkward things I've seen. It was sweet and adorable, but I was squirming slightly as Harry was talking about Ginny and Ron about Hermione. It was very cute though.

Other little things ... the comedy. I love during Felix, when Harry turned away from Slughorn to go to Hagrid's and Slughorn goes "Harry!" and Harry's all like, "Sir!", lol. And Jen, I totally got the Dragon Balls! That was one of the funniest bits in the movie.

LMAO! I found that hilarious too. I felt like under Felix, Dan really got to let go and wasn't afraid to be funny.

Okay, so there's more I loved than didn't love but that's hardly surprising, lol. And also unsurprising is that I squeed about Ron and Hermione more than anything else :P but let's face it ... Rupert is hot and awesome and I can't get enough, lol.

Ron and Draco for me. And super-mega-foxy-awesome-hot :P (Another Potter Musical reference).

Archived