Christmas!

Guest ~Rosey~

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*nods solemnly*

Oh, to be young again...

Christmas lost its sparkle when I found out Santa didn't exist (!)... I guess if I ever, ever have kids, that excitement would probably come back (and I would have *such* an excuse for buying all the cool toys that I would be buying if I was 10+ years younger) but me and kids... *shudders*

Like people have said above it's just as you get older it doesn't seem to have as much meaning, especially when you have to worry about buying other people presents or there isn't anything particular you want/need for xmas. It's still an important day for most though and almost everyone still celebrates it just as much now as they would have 10 years ago.

^ What he said. And in my family, Christmas is also about eating until you no longer can. Starting with waffles, bacon and strawberries at Christmas. Joe (Ugmo) is coming to my family Christmas for the first time. Mwahahaha

I wouldn't know. I'm 11. :P

I have to say, yes it is stressful, and so much work does go in, but it's a hell of a lot of fun. Oh and thank-you-oh-so-much for that line about Santa not existing...there's still a chance! I wish...that's why I love the movie Santa Claus two! I haven't seen no. 1.

I have to say though, because I have a lot of fun with my younger cousins pretending I'm five again, I really do look forward to having a bit of fun with their new toys! LOL...I wouldn't know what it was like 10 years ago, I can't remember that far back.

Nope. I don't think it's dying. My firends and I sure are getting into it! Christmas art at school, secret Santa at school, giving Christmas cards and presents at school, and just today my brothers and I had a fun of a time falling out of our front tree putting up lights...preparing is awesome too, putting up lights and decos, most people have fun and do that as a family.

But, aye, what would I know? I'm a naive child... :P

Sort of off-topic, but SfanS, I would never be able to tell you were 11 years old by reading your posts. Seriously, you sound so much more intelligent that some people on here that are much older than you!

On topic: I agree that, as you grow older, Christmas loses some of its appeal. I still love it, and I enjoy spending time with my family, but in the end, nothing beats that special feeling you have on Christmas Eve, when you used to stay awake at night, trying desperately to hear Santa on the roof, or in the house, and the joy of waking up Christmas morning.

Ahh, childhood. I'm only 15 and I already miss it!

Archived