Christmas!

Guest ~Rosey~

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I break up from Uni on the 15th (I think), and start again around 15th January, but I'm not actually going home home (where my parents live) until the 23rd, and I'll be back in Manchester before New Year. It took us all so long to recover from living with our parents all summer, we have vowed never to do it again!

I think it does get less exciting as you get older but this year i am very excited because i get to go home from uni and see all my friends who have gone to different unis and its gona be like a reunion! I cant wait! :)

I agree, but I also think that all the focus on Christmas makes it more boring, and not that big.

We had this Christmas-song contest in school two years ago and two friends of mine and I wrote a song called "From August to April" (We won actually :D ) about how much longer Christmas seems to become every year. I mean, they start selling Christmas candy in Spetember/October, and by the 15th of november all the TV stations have changed their layouts to Christmas designs, and started airing Christmas music. In the end you just get tired of it. I remember a few years ago, I was SOOO looking forward to Christmas, and started listening to music and decorating really early, and then on new years I was like "Get the Christmas tree OUT!!! I'm sick of it!" because it was just too much. So now I don't do anything Christmassy before Dec 1st, and I don't decorate my room before Dec 15th or earlier. I also write a list of Christmas songs in November, and only listen to one more each day, so I don't get tired of them all at the same time.

Trust me, it's working!

Well, on topic, I am getting a weather station (which I am looking forward to getting) but I want a Nintendo Wii.

It's a bit expensive for someone to buy for me, so I will more than likely buy one after christmas, when I have money again. ;)

Archived