Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

15 hours ago, 630si said:

Slade I hadn't thought about the whole thing with Billie/Luc/VJ until I read your post. But it rings true and I think you're absolutely right. Why is Billie getting away with any of it?! She HAS manipulated VJ and she has even said out aloud a number of times that she just wants a normal family for her child. And at all costs it would seem. It appears she's used them and as you and other people on here have been saying Leah simply takes it. For now at least anyway. As much as Leah's nagging has grinded a lot of us lately, the is one occasion where you hair want to question why Billie has literally ruined VJs life, failing school etc and taken money off family and so on..... I felt sympathetic towards Billie for the attack and how this all came about but I think after reading in seeing this in a different light now. I'm really worried that Luc will cause an issue between Leah and Irene though, however I think it's a friendship that can stand to be tested.

I think why some characters haven't mentioned anything is the rape and kidnapping.  Pure and simple.  She undoubtedly gained a lot of sympathy after that so at the moment IMO the manipulation of VJ and the lying towards him and Leah are being ignored and probably attributed to her trauma.  I don't see it like that because of what happened with Nate.  I see a pattern.  I'm not sure too many people view the character like I do and she has strong support within this forum (My opinions on her are not popular with some but I'd like to think I present a different viewpoint).  I don't believe she was in love with him at first but at some point after the rape and before the wedding perhaps she did end up loving him, I don't know.  I'm actually hoping that the baby will cause an issue with Leah and Irene because it would make a more dramatic storyline.  Although I suspect Irene doesn't want to be near Luc at the moment because she needs time to process everything that happened with Mick.

The interview with McCarthy/Kat and Hunter was hilarious.  He really wants to nail this case.  I loved the way Kat was sitting there clearly uncomfortable but trying to be objective (at least from her perspective) and every time Hunter kept trying to explain himself, McCarthy kept jumping in leading and rather than asking him questions was making assumptions and statements.  And when he brought up Hunter's anger management issues:

McCarthy: "So you were upset"

Hunter: "OK sure, I was upset"

McCarthy: "And we all know what happens when you get upset don't we mate".

Hunter: "Now come on, that was an accident man, I didn't meant to burn down Leah's house"

McCarthy: "Like you never meant to attack Andy Barret"

In saying that I don't buy Hunter's reason for not having Zac and even if you put that aside he could have at least have asked Alf to be there.  McCarthy obviously didn't think Hunter did it otherwise he would have charged him for sure.  But I still like his hardline approach even when Hunter was released.  I do really like the way Evelyn is trying to be there for him, firstly when she warned him just before the police took Hunter to the police station and then when came to the police station to support him.  This is obviously about the traumatic events she's faced and not wanting to lose another relative.

Finding Nate's I'm like a child that hasn't got his own way attitude towards Tori quite amusing even though I still think her tendency to change her mind is a concern.  I'm not entirely convinced what happened with Ricky is the reason.  I think he's unhappy that Tori thought about getting back with Riley for small amount of time and that's hurt his ego.  If he doesn't watch himself he will blow it as she obviously wants to have a relationship with him now.  I expect that Nate will get over this and try and get back with Tori because he doesn't want Riley winning.

Should I be surprised with Phoebe?  Nope.  She wants Justin to back off and when he does she claims he is backing off too much and blames him for that.  I think any of her previous partners would agree that she's high maintenance.  Although I did find it funny after pointing out his lack of contact she claimed she was meant to be the crazy one (not him), Justin said she was and she turned round to walk off.  Given that Justin's relapsed I don't think he'll be able to impress her just yet although he'll no doubt be back in her good books.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless I've got it all wrong wasn't the main reason Billie didn't report her rape because of what she accused Nate of (not rape but assault) so there was the fear she wouldn't be believed.  VJ may be young but he does have a mind of his own and I wouldn't think he'd be easily manipulated.  VJ now knows everything and has chosen, all by himself, to stand by her. Btw what's wrong with wanting a normal life for your child who, let us not  forget, is the innocent one.

There was a point In the Hunter/McCarthy/Kat interview that if I didn't know different I started to think he was the arsonist, he kept shutting down Hunter every time he tried to speak, he seemed so determined that it was Hunter. Was that meant to be an informal interview, if it wasn't I don't remember him being asked if he wanted a solicitor.  As Hunter is now 18 he doesn't need an appropriate adult with him and I thought it was a mature decision on his part by not running to daddy to bail him out again. We know Hunter hasn't been a saint but he is innocent this time, it's just he has an (ancient) history of starting fires. He kept his cool for once.  McCarthy didn't have any real proof so had to let him go, was it Evie's idea to contact Morag?  Then of course a vital piece of evidence as in the container which held the accelerant was found.  As we saw John was wearing gloves so no prints to be lifted and I'm guessing it will be a widely used type and sold in most stores in the bay and beyond.  630si, I think it was because initially they were looking for an out of towner, then a pattern emerged.  Kat was doing the process of elimination the proper way, narrowing down the people it could have possibly have been once it was established it was a local.

Going off on a bit of a tandem regarding scarring, Maz being the latest - Billie got badly burnt on her legs in the fire at Leah's, had to go the  special burns unit but they must work miracles because whenever we saw her in a bikini or shorts there were no signs of any scarring.  The same goes for anyone else who would/should have some visible sign of stabbing, being pierced by a branch - Brax and Nate -  absolutely nothing!  The only noticeable scars that didn't disappear  were when Casey had his tats removed.

Poor Justin, for someone who has had a lot of ladies in his life he was pretty clueless when it come to understanding what 'a little space' means, even Brody who has had a lot less women in his life knew what Phoebe meant.  Justin did go from one extreme to the other, pestering her every five  minutes to complete radio silence, looks like he was going to make up for it by preparing that special lunch, but a ring?:rolleyes: That's on hold for now anyway. Yes he's a big tough bloke but thinking of tackling the mowing with that heavy petrol driven mower - seriously!

I can see why Nate is willing to give Tori another go right now.  He has been down the ex route before, twice, he hooked up with Ricky when Brax did disappearing act no. 1 then stepped back when he came back, then went through it all again, even marrying her when Brax 'died' only for him to come back to life and he lost Ricky all over again. If Riley had stayed in the past he and Tori could have picked up from where they had left off now the misunderstanding  over Care Flight is cleared up.  but Riley is there and a constant reminder that Tori loved someone before him. Btw he made the remark how 'coincidental' it was Riley came to ND, but it was, Riley didn't have any idea she was there, how could he? I do think she maybe be viewing her past relationship with Riley through rose coloured spectacles which she needs to take off quick.  So it looks like it's  going to be stethoscopes at dawn, can't wait. :P

There's absolutely nothing wrong with wanting the best for the child.  Any of us would be the same. And whilst I mentioned that and seeing it from a different side, I do truly believe Billie loves VJ and I sympathise with her. It just made me think actually it can be looked at another way

Forgot to mention: Finally Olivia was allowed to be older than 16, with Justin calling her 17.Still makes her a year younger than VJ despite being born three years before him, which makes him still being at school when she isn't pretty daft.

But today! Well, Justin's one episode relapse was nothing special.Riley's reappearance does make Nate look good in comparison, he's so smarmy that you wonder how he's even an option.But that's part of the problem, that this is basically a repeat of the situation with Duncan without any of the subtlety.Whereas Duncan was a decent guy who just wasn't really right for Tori, Riley is a selfish and arrogant manipulator who's there for the audience to boo.Looks like we're going to have Nate and Tori taking it in turns to want to get back together just as the other one decides they don't want to.What fun.

I'm not sure John was entirely right to push for Marilyn coming home when she clearly wasn't comfortable with the idea, but then Marilyn can't hide away in a hospital room forever.John looked guilty when he saw the burns but his later comments indicate that was simply for leaving her behind: Does he really not remember that he started the fire?So, I'm assuming that the part of his conversation with Alf that she overheard means she thinks he was talking about her looks.

3 hours ago, celtgirl said:

Did anybody else notice yesterday's episode being narrated on Five. e.g. 'Justin looks at Phoebe through tired eyes'?  What the heck was all that about?  It was also on Neighbours!

Sounds like you had audio description on accidentally, there's probably a button on your remote that says 'AD' that should turn it on and off :wink: 

Absolutely agree with Red about it not being right for John to push Marilyn into going home so soon. It's bound to be difficult and the scenes at home with them are heartbreaking. Red I don't think at this stage we know whether he's forgotten he's lit the fires or is concealing it. Either way it's going to be devastating to their relationship and I've a feeling that Marilyn, a real viewers favourite, will tug on our heartstrings. I hope her burns aren't permanent. I know it's unlikely. 

I'm starting to get on board with Pheobe  and Justin and I can't explain why. Although it was a necklace in the box, I worry that at some point in the not too distant future she's going to marry him and it's going to frustrate the hell out of me because I found her best suited for Kyle and she couldn't commit to him. Although look where he ended up.... ?

My hearts breaking for Leah, although I found it really odd a couple of eps ago that she didn't react more strongly to finding out about Luc, I understand why now. She's putting on a brave, brave face and it will only eat her up. The trailer for tomorrow's ep revealed it doesn't last long before she expresses how she feels and I find it perfectly normal. She asked for none of this situation but after all this time she was expecting to be nana and she got through that and her head round it. Only for it all to be taken away. I really do feel for her right now. 

Despite my earlier comments, I'm pleased that Marilyn didn't go back to the hospital, because it would have felt like a backwards step and running away.That said, I'm slightly losing interest in the storyline, which feels like one of those stories where you're just waiting for the person to get better.The fact that it disappeared halfway through the episode meant that I had to look back to check she actually had agreed to stay, because I couldn't remember.

Phoebe really should have actually looked in that jewellery box before freaking out and the guitar shape was very thoughtful.And it turns out Saint Hunter doesn't even need to be in the episode for Alf to make a big speech about how we should all like him now because he says so.The fact that he's been making these speeches for about a year and a half, even before Hunter stabbing Andy or confessing to the fire, shows how little effect they're having.

I loved VJ and Billie once again, especially their scene on the porch which shows how sweet and supportive they are.I initially gave Ash good intentions with his suggestion Billie go to Irene, that he was just trying to get her extra help, but after his chat with VJ I think he still doesn't believe that VJ and Leah will stick around when they're not blood, so he's encouraging Billie to turn to someone who is.Which is frustrating, because as Billie pointed out a while back, Zac and Leah are co-parenting each other's sons, so how is VJ being a parent to her daughter any different?Especially since Ash's counter-argument, that they're not being honest about it, is no longer valid.(Incidentally, I think a similar mindset was why I don't see Billie as having trapped VJ.I think she thought saying he was the dad would be the end to it, that he'd run a mile, Ash would stop asking questions and she could get on with raising her baby in peace.It didn't seem to occur to her that VJ would stand by her, much less do so when he found out he wasn't the biological father. As she said to him, "People like you don't exist in our world.")That said, I'm still annoyed about VJ being back at school.There's an attempt at an explanation but it's only telling half the story:He should have finished school last year, rather than dropping out on the verge of finishing, wasting a whole year's work and going back to school right when he's needed to help with the baby.But otherwise I think they're doing a good job of trying to make this work.As VJ said to Ash, the arguments are normal.

As for Leah...I don't think it's as simple as her wanting Billie and Luc gone.I think she's processing the shock that she's spent months happily anticipating the birth of her first grandchild and now it isn't what she thought.I think she wishes she could do what VJ's done, just ignore the lack of blood tie and view Luc as her granddaughter.I think she'd dearly love to feel able to give her that teddy bear and the fact that she can't is upsetting her.It's hard to see what the solution is but bottling it up is just making her snappy with Zac (pointlessly accusing him of "snooping") and maybe she does need to ask for help.

Archived