Return to the Bay

Guest Skykat

Great action and great dialogue, Kat, but I have to say that, once again I far, far prefer the scenes with Jesse in prison. The low key threat is much more effective and the tapping in to the character's emotions (he needed Cash’s help, he needed a getter, somebody who could get hold of things, somebody who could make things happen. He needed a middleman and Cash had good reason to want Phillips out of the picture) is really done well.

“I want you to tell him that although the bomb went off I’ve just spoken to Kane and the only person he’s managed to blow up was the cop who opened the box. Then say that the screws can’t protect him forever, tick, tock.”

“Tick, tock?” Cash looked at Jesse strangely.

“Yeah tick, tock. Don’t worry, Gus’ll appreciate what it means. You got the message?”

Great lines! :D

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't really surprise me ILM, after all I only really bought Jesse into this so you had someone to ogle! :lol:

Jess thinks I have a thing for writing bad boys, Kane, Jesse, Ric...in our combined story I find it really hard to get inside Cassie's head the way I do with Ric and same in here. I find characters like Jesse and Kane so easy to write I actually struggle with the balancing act between characters in this, trying to give emotion to characters I actually don't like.

Also the genres, the drama is easy enough to write, the prison stuff, maybe I watched Bad Girls too much but I can always see that happening. People reacting to a bomb going off though, kind of harder to see but I'm determined to give every character a human emotion in the big storylines. I always think its blatantly obvious which characters I like and don't like though!

There is a reason I've moved the setting into the hospital now though. I want it to not be apparant who's going to live or die. I don't want to focus on whats going on in the rubble, I want it to read as if you were outside, waiting for news. What's happening inside the bank will be dealt with in flashbacks later so expect to see more of the hospital scenes and the waiting around scenes until this dragged out storyline is over!

Wow...I have just read this story...and may I say this has taken me quite a few hours to read.

The thing is I could not leave this story...it is so believable...as if it should be happening in Summer Bay right now.

I love how you have combined past and present characters and bought them together in different storylines.

How have you managed to keep up with so many different storylines and also kept it really riveting and interesting that we have to keep coming back for more.

I will defo be looking out for your updates now...I am adicted to this one SKYKAT.

WELL DONE!! :D:D

This is by far the best fanfiction I have read so far!!

Please update soon.

Thank you so much for writing this...it is brilliant.

Hayley

xxx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived