1995 Episode Discussion

Dan F

7 hours ago, Spinach said:

She just seems very immature and looking for drama. It's interesting that the show is acknowledging she has these neuroses - while still being a healthy person - but it doesn't make her a very endearing character.

I quite agree! There is just something about Kelly that really ****s me, to be quite honest. I can't quite put my finger on it. Is it the combination of her looks, her accent, and her demeanour? And she does have childish traits, yes. The "love" games she plays with Steven and Travis, and her involvement in helping Steven set Dodge up with the computer in his caravan, and her involvement in trying to outsmart him. And in today's episode, her smile is just so stomach-churning.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, alexx said:

I like Kelly and Travis - I think they're an interesting couple. I'm glad that Travis doesn't just bow down though, Kelly's quite a 'modern' woman who would fit quite comfortably into today's society but I'm glad that they haven't written Travis to just do as she commands. It's good to explore this sort of chalk and cheese relationship because I do think they've got an obvious chemistry and I like watching them work out their dynamic together.

Love the Saul story, I'm already hooked. Obviously I saw this the first time around but it's all quite fresh to me because it's been so long.

The guy who plays Saul was a real coup. He fits the part perfectly and plays it really well. Even just the way he pronounces "Seleena" gives me chills.

I like Travis and Kelly, but Kelly's whole "I'm a modern woman, how dare you offer to do something NICE for me!" attitude is annoyingly 90s (just like Stacey Macklin's go-getter business woman attitude was horribly 80s). It fitted at the time I suppose but looking back now it's just dated. I think she did the right thing by saying she'd continue to pay rent but there was no need to be so offended by the offer.

I think Dieter Brummer and Melissa George have made a conscious effort since their break to play their roles "happier" (probably as annoyed as we were by Angel's nagging and Shane's being henpecked). A lot of the time the writing implies Angel being a nag or Shane getting fed up with her, but they downplay it and make it more joke-y. Good for them.

Arghh Angel is back to being a naggy wife. Poor Shane. I did not miss them one bit when they went overseas. 

I agree about Kelly too. I liked her at the start but now something is off. Pairing her with Travis was the worst thing they can do. For the record I don't like Travis either. He's too flighty. 

Saul is so creepy! This storyline was one of my favourites the first time around. I didn't watch how he met Selina originally just when she was taken by the commune.

I noticed Saul is played by David Ritchie. Is he related to Kate Ritchie?

14 hours ago, Natasha said:

Someone asked this in quick questions I think and the answer is no but maybe see if Dan F replies.

15 hours ago, Natasha said:

54 minutes ago, Kristen said:

Someone asked this in quick questions I think and the answer is no but maybe see if Dan F replies.

Not as far as we know.

If anyone wants to learn a bit about poetry, and drinking red wine, then check out the few vids on his Youtube channel

I like the Travis/Steven/Kelly household as a group but I find Kelly to be the weak link. The scene where Kelly revealed to her sister that her fiancé had just died was almost farcical, as the actress was holding back laughter. Having said that some people do react like that in high-pressure situations. It reminded me of the blooper from when

Michael died and was 'washed down the stream'

On 3/17/2017 at 0:02 AM, Old H&A Fan said:

I quite agree! There is just something about Kelly that really ****s me, to be quite honest. I can't quite put my finger on it. Is it the combination of her looks, her accent, and her demeanour? And she does have childish traits, yes. The "love" games she plays with Steven and Travis, and her involvement in helping Steven set Dodge up with the computer in his caravan, and her involvement in trying to outsmart him. And in today's episode, her smile is just so stomach-churning.

I think it's her voice. It is a tad annoying. 

so I was way to young see this Saul story line first time around (I would of only just turned 5) I have read ahead but can anyone tell me what exactly happen from when they broken down and truck (Saul turned up) and What Alex said exactly  to make everyone not trust him and how Alex found out he was talking to Selina

oh yeah also from what I read Selina  had a miscarriage?  who was the father? It already happen right dose Saul know about it yet

8 minutes ago, project90 said:

oh yeah also from what I read Selina  had a miscarriage?  who was the father? It already happen right dose Saul know about it yet

Yes, Selina had a miscarriage earlier in the year, Damian (Irene's son) was the father.

Tempted to put this in spoiler tags because I've lost track of where we're up to, but as I recall from watching these 20+ years ago, Shannon mentioned Saul to Alex, and Alex later told her and everyone else that Saul had set up this cult where he tended to impregnate the female members and Alex blamed him for driving his mother to suicide.

1 minute ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Yes, Selina had a miscarriage earlier in the year, Damian (Irene's son) was the father.

Tempted to put this in spoiler tags because I've lost track of where we're up to, but as I recall from watching these 20+ years ago, Shannon mentioned Saul to Alex, and Alex later told her and everyone else that Saul had set up this cult where he tended to impregnate the female members and Alex blamed him for driving his mother to suicide.

thank you. where we are up to is everyone think he bad news and warning Selina to keep away i just happen to miss 2 episodes when all that went down

Archived