The Sutherlands

Guest neighbours_h&a_fan

Why don't ppl like Max :o , he's the most adorable kid ever! I want to adopt him! And his friendship with Colleen is/was so sweet and funny! And then there's the rat Yorrick/Josh/Josie/Robbie Williams/Dylan.. :lol:

I love Max too, i can't believe that some people did not find him adorable!!!

I liked the whole family even the added family except after what Rhys did to Beth i hated him, Shelly and Laura because she drove away Jade.

Max could of stayed with Collene, now we wont see him again!!!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why don't ppl like Max :o , he's the most adorable kid ever! I want to adopt him! And his friendship with Colleen is/was so sweet and funny! And then there's the rat Yorrick/Josh/Josie/Robbie Williams/Dylan.. :lol:

Miss all of them (well, in UK&Australia, we have them in Norway) except Jade.

Ok, I'm months and months late, but I could never stand (nor understand) the Colleen/Max relationship. I know Max didn't really have anyone else his own age to interact with (though he could have easily had an off-screen friend, he doesn't have to be best friends with a member of the cast), but no kid his age is likely to have such a close 'friendship' with someone like Colleen. When was the last time you saw something like that happen in real life?

I just felt like the writers were trying to find a friend for Max, and when there was nobody suitable in the cast, they picked on Colleen. Big mistake.

And Sebastian sure is a awesome actor. For his age, I'd say he's the best ever on the show!

Totally agree. I don't think they made the most of his character, but he was a good actor.

I always quite liked the Sutherlands. When I first started watching, Jade was going through her whole 'live for the moment' thing, which I absolutely hated, but as soon as that ended I liked her again. Kirsty, once Kane came along, was a great character, and I loved almost every minute of their relationship (once I'd got over the initial "what are you doing, being with him?!' thing).

Shelley never really made a big impression of me - she left not too long after I started watching. But I always liked Rhys and felt sorry for him through the Angie storyline.

At least they were a diverse family, there's no denying that. I agree the show may have focused on them a little too much, but they did a good job of it.

I think the hunters are a better family for the show than the sutherlands, in my opinion.

I agree. The sutherlands were too predictable whereas with the Holdens you just don't know what's going to happen next.

I'd never have accused the Sutherlands of being predictable. They went through so much drama - the twins not really being twins, Shelley and Rhys breaking up, Shelley and Rhys getting back together, the Angie incident, Kirsty and Kane, etc... - I never knew what was going to happen next.

Miss all of them (well, in UK&Australia, we have them in Norway) except Jade.

Ok, I'm months and months late, but I could never stand (nor understand) the Colleen/Max relationship. I know Max didn't really have anyone else his own age to interact with (though he could have easily had an off-screen friend, he doesn't have to be best friends with a member of the cast), but no kid his age is likely to have such a close 'friendship' with someone like Colleen. When was the last time you saw something like that happen in real life?

I just felt like the writers were trying to find a friend for Max, and when there was nobody suitable in the cast, they picked on Colleen. Big mistake.

Max did have friends his age, but only girls, like Caitlin who appeared once in a while. They did go out at some point too, and then he had Tamara and Eloise (girlfriends, but still, that should count for a friend as well). But I thought picking Colleen as his friend was a great idea. It's original, I haven't seen it in any show before, and they acted really sweet together. Many kids are close/friends with their grandparents (I see that all the time), Max didn't have any (that we knew of), but Colleen was like a grandmother too him, but also more of a friend than most grandmothers. The friendship with Colleen was one of the things that really made Max unique. It would have been boring if they all had the same type of "normal" friends.

I always thought Jade and Dani were the selfish brats when it came to the Sutherlands. Rewatching the episodes again I have come to realize that Kirsty was the selfish brat. It's just the writers tried to cover it all up.

I'm a Dani fan now. Something I never thought would happen :blink:

No-one's denying she loved Kane. But what about the love for her family? She wouldn't have *fallen* in love with Kane in the first place if she hadn't kept visiting him against their wishes after the ferry sinking.

People have said Kirsty was selfish for going with Kane. The bible does teach that love is never selfish. Put yourself in Kirsty's shoes and try ignoring falling deeply, passionatly in love.

She loved Kane... yet lied to him about being pregnant. Then got all emotional when he reacted badly when he found out.

That is what made her selfish. It had nothing to do with her relationship with Kane.

I liked Max too and never understood why people didnt like him. I loved his special relationship with Colleen and his closeness with Kirsty.

I liked his relationship with Kirsty too; it would have been good if they'd shown more of them together. It was believable that Max got on with Kirsty the most because she was less girly and more outgoing than the others. I always liked Dani and thought she was a strong character, but Jade became annoying in her last couple of years and I never warmed to Brodie.

Archived