The Sutherlands

Guest neighbours_h&a_fan

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I first started watching H&A, the Sutherlands were just moving in, and I have to admit...I wasn't too impressed with them. Of course, I know that they would have some huge storylines later on, but back in 2000/2001, they were kind of boring.

I did like Kirsty though...and Dani, though she was self-centered, did make the show a little bit more interesting (particularly during the school siege on Summer Bay High where Woody held Sally's class hostage). Don't really remember Jade too much to comment, and I have to agree that Rhys and Shelley weren't the greatest match.

I'm still trying to comprehend the fact that Beth would get involved with Rhys!!! (I missed that whole thing right there.)

Worst Family Ever!!

Well, I liked them before Angie interferred (can't spell :S). It kind of ruined it when we found Rhys had cheated on Shelley. And then this was made worse, when Rhys cheated on Beth! Also, for me, the Kane/Kirsty relationship really made me dislike Kirsty! The twin storyline was terrible, so stupid! So the family were just going from bad to worse! I liked the Sutherlands before all this, when they were happy (well, as happy as you can be in summer bay! lol) With the odd dramas, but then all of this tore the family apart, so it ruined a perfectly good family. :(

I think the Sutherlands were a great family, but they pretty much ran their course. The whole family was torn apart over Angie and Dylan, then everything else after that seemed to pull them further and further in different directions.

Jade was alienated once she realised she wasn't actually a Sutherland at all, Kirsty got together with Kane, which ruined her relationship with Rhys and Dani for a long time. Shelley leaving and meeting someone else, then having an affair with Rhys once he'd already married Beth... it seems like they started out as a close-knit family, but just fell apart rapidly, which was a shame really.

They have been replaced by the Hunters and Holdens though, but I don't think the teenage group we have at the moment seem as close as Jade, Kirsty, Nick and Seb ever were. It helps that Jade and Kirsty were twins (or at least thought they were) because that was a good bond between them, whereas Cassie and Mattie don't seem to spend too much time together really.

I liked the sutherlands, as well, they had some great storylines, especially with the whole Dani, kane , Kirsty storylines, nearly all of the Sutherland family had huge storylines except for Jade, but Ive always thought that the Jade storyline was too unrealistic thats one of the storylines which I didnt like :D

Archived