Blue Water High

Guest Andy

OMG! It's absolute ****house. I got a call this afternoon from a friend who just wanted to whinge about it it was so bad. I have the first season on DVD because I simply adored it. It was my favourite show for ages and I used to tape it every week until the DVD came out. I didn't have time to watch the second and I didn't even know there was a third. But when my friend called me today she was so mad about it she got me to watch it just so I could see what she was talking about and geez it is crap. The acting, the one dimensional characters and that awful looking modern footage is AWFUL!!!!

There was a scene with some random blonde and the guy that played Callan (?) on h&a and it was so bad the only thing that held my interest in the scene was wondering where he got his eyebrows done because they looked so professionally groomed. The whole thing is cringeworthy. Take it off before you destroy the good reputation the first season set for BWH anymore.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was a scene with some random blonde and the guy that played Callan (?) on h&a and it was so bad the only thing that held my interest in the scene was wondering where he got his eyebrows done because they looked so professionally groomed.

Ohhh so he's in THIS series? I may have to force myself to suffer the pain of another episode. I remember liking Callan, and loving what he did to Ric... but I can't remember what he looks like! (I could find the H&A tape but... eh.)

The first season of Blue Water High was amazing, I have it on DVD. :D Yay!

But I have to agree, there is something definitely wrong with the writing and direction of the show now. The only reason the actors seem so terrible is because of the way the are directing it I reckon, I mean we know that two of them (Bec, and Guy who was Callan in H&A) are good actors so why do they appear bad now?

Plus since Bec is in the new season, I would like to know what the heck happened between her and Edge! :ph34r:

Oh good, I thought this was just me that found something wrong with this new series :lol:

I haven't watched the last three episodes, I'll catch up on youtube, but I REALLY dislike all the characters apart from the girl who narrated the first episode and ordered the pizza etc. All the characters are pretty much the same characters from season one and two with different actors and names. You've got the pretty one, the joker, the serious one, the one that doesn't have much experience... They should have kept Simmo or Fly, and when they were choosing the trainers; why pick the serious one!? Pick the one that's going to make the show fun. It's all too dull this year, and Bec seems to be bringing it down also.

Series One was FAB, series two was good, but this one... I can't find a word to explain it. Not to mention the acting. Arrgh!!

There was a scene with some random blonde and the guy that played Callan (?) on h&a and it was so bad the only thing that held my interest in the scene was wondering where he got his eyebrows done because they looked so professionally groomed.

Ohhh so he's in THIS series? I may have to force myself to suffer the pain of another episode. I remember liking Callan, and loving what he did to Ric... but I can't remember what he looks like! (I could find the H&A tape but... eh.)

I knew he looked familiar. :P I thought it might be him ... but I'm sure he looked different on H&A. Still, I think he was better on H&A IMO.

I'm watching the new series, but barely. The characters just seem too 2-dimensional, you can already see who's going to be paired with who - it's almost a token effort and probably will remain as the one that should never have been made. It just seems to have lost its spark. Which is a shame really, because it was a great show.

Well, I'm watching it. McLeod's last night and BWH today. I must be in a masochistic mood.

I can see why I would have liked that guy as Callan - he's pretty cute, and he's like the only one who doesn't talk extra loudly and slowly, like they've forgotten there is sound equipment and they have to TALK LIKE THIS for the audience to hear them... But I agree about his eyebrows :blink: Actually the black guy's not bad either, but he's currently sharing scenes with some insufferable girl who keeps talking to herself - LOUDLY AND CLEARLY.

Hah! She just fell off a cliff. Oh but there was water... damn.

Well, I'm watching it. McLeod's last night and BWH today. I must be in a masochistic mood.

I can see why I would have liked that guy as Callan - he's pretty cute, and he's like the only one who doesn't talk extra loudly and slowly, like they've forgotten there is sound equipment and they have to TALK LIKE THIS for the audience to hear them... But I agree about his eyebrows :blink: Actually the black guy's not bad either, but he's currently sharing scenes with some insufferable girl who keeps talking to herself - LOUDLY AND CLEARLY.

Adam was the reason I put up with it for 3 episodes.

I know I've seen several of BHW's beach scenes in familar [Palm Beach] locations, but i think the palce where Cassie fell was where KK had their reaffirmation ceremony.

I do agree that the acting isn't that great in S3, but it IS great to see Cariba Heine, as i like her on H20 [as Rikki] as well !!!!!

Adam was the reason I put up with it for 3 episodes.

My opinion of him went up after I posted that. He did some 5 minute sand-turtle-making clip for Roller Coaster after the episode of BWH ended, and he was doing an amusing accent (inspired by Borat, at a guess) while introducing the project. Lot's of confidence and charisma that one. Shown up moreso by the vacant blonde boy smiling and nodding along with him, and not contributing all that much to the conversation. To the blonde one's credit, he seemed pretty good at sand-turtle-making.

Archived