Desperate Housewives

Guest claire_louise

Your second spoiler is true. Every season revolves around a certain mystery (Season 1: Mary Alice's Death, Season 2: The Applewhites..). I think Season 3 revolves around Orson.

It very well may do, but it doesn't necessarily mean that the second spoiler has to be true. And if it is many people are already saying they see it as the beginning of the end for desperate housewives.

They just can't kill off Lynette. Felicity Huffman rocks!

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't think you have to worry about any of the main four housewives leaving. It's impossible to keep something like that secret anyway, but I've seen nothing substantial that would indicate any of the main four are going anywhere.

Marc Cherry has always said that he sees 7 years for the show and has arcs planned that involve all the housewives, leading to them becoming un-Desperate. That said, things change obviously. But I don't see Dh without all of the main four right to the end, in some capacity.

I doubt any of the actresses will want to stick around for seven years. The amount of interest the show has generated means that they'll all be getting lots of other offers. Eva and Felicity are already doing movies; Felicity has even been Oscar nominated, and Eva has expressed a wish to leave in the near future.

Well they're all contracted, and as long as Marc Cherry/The Network wants them while they're under contract they're not going anywhere. It's a myth to think that actors have so much power that they can choose to leave when they want to. It would take a lot of negotiation/bad behaviour to be released from a contract. It only really matters in a situation like with "Friends", where towards the end the actors all extended their original contracts season by season as a united front, which gave them the power. The women on DH won't have that kind of power till their initial contracts run out, which will probably be the standard 5 or 7 seasons. Brenda Strong (Mary-Alice) is, as far as I know, contracted to remain with the show for however long it runs.

We have to remember that four of the five main women are over 40. Teri Hatcher, Nicholette Sheridan and Marcia Cross' careers were dead for years before DH came along. I doubt any of them are likely to want to leave steady work on a hugely popular series. And the only reason "Transamerica" was noticed by the Oscars was because of the fame Felicity got from DH, without DH she had no chance of nomination, despite her talent. The only one who could possibly go further after DH is Eva Longoria and I wouldn't take notice of much that you read about her. She wants to get married, she wants to have a family, she doesn't want a family, she's split with her boyfriend, she wants to stay on DH, she doesn't want to stay... That said, if one were to leave, it would be her, but only after her contract ended.

On top of that... DH may run out of steam by season 5. It could definitely happen.

Archived