Desperate Housewives

Guest claire_louise

Sundays take a desperate turn as housewives move in

Sun Herald

15 January 2006

Devoted fans of Desperate Housewives will be in for a surprise when Australia's highest-rating series returns next month.

Seven insiders say the network is expected to shift the top rating series from Monday nights to Sundays in a strategic blow to boost Seven's lacklustre Sunday evening ratings.

Having dealt a savage blow to Nine's Who wants to be a Millionare on Mondays, the ladies of Wisteria Lane are expected to take on Nine's winning Sunday night line-up that includes the flag-ship 60 Minutes and ratings juggernaut CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.

With the ratings period to resume on February 12, networks are expecting the most competitive season in years.

Market leader Channel Nine finished on top last year but lost share to a reinvigorated Seven.

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sunday? That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. It like putting The OC on a Thursday - it's just wrong!

Desperate Housewives belongs on Monday

I agree summer_crush, channel 7 has been making some crap desicions lately

Seven is currently losing badly on Sunday nights.

Seven won Monday nights with other shows besides Desperate Housewives (Grey's Anatomy).

Desperate Housewives is the #1 show in Australia - If people are going to follow any show to another night, it would be this one.

The move makes sense to me.

Archived