Shortland Street

Guest iloverobbie

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll probably cry no matter who it is. I cry all the time when it comes to movies and TV. I'm the butt of every crying joke!

I only say I think it will be Eti is because he doesn't really have much part in the show. The best/funniest thing he's ever done was the other day when Shannon came home and in the morning Eti was eating his toast...the first line of the scene was Eti saying "I dropped jam on the baby"

yeah well it is Tama's car so makes sense it is one of them. mind you scarlett dying could bring craig and sarah closer!

A relieving doctor i think it was thought they recognised "hamish" and called him a different name, but then retracted and said he had him confused with someone who looks like him. It's just werid he had been able to bluff his way with the adoption agency etc, to get the letter. He must have "hamish's" ID or something.

:) thanks for the scans too!!!!! you rock!

My theory on Hamish is that he saw the adoption records maybe (maybe works at the adoption center and goes through ripping people off), read the letter and thought ka-ching, enter PA job.

As for all the villians, I have a long winded theory on that too, that I will do my best to shorten. (As a disclaimer, before reading this, take into consideration that I am a Shane Cortese fan than quite possibly annbody, and more than give Valk and co an run for their money compared to their Laurie love. However, most of the stuff referring to his acting skill is rather unbaised, believe it or not)

Dom was evil. Dom was fantastic. TVNZ were damn lucky to get an actor of that skill, and they made the most of it, hence him being their longest running villian. And teaming him with Chris Toni, and Delphie, another 3 of their best actors, was almost as good a desicion as hiring him in the first place And, of course, when Shane left (all villians have their use by date, unfournatley), they needed more evil. They couldnt really create a new villian, but they needed someone. Because Roybn in so pissweek (good acting, **** storylines) they got rid of her, although it was pretty damn obvious she was coming back. For the interium, they needed somebody else, hello Hugo. Hugo storylines run their course (and suck), he dies, comes back to life, for pre-empted recycling of ****. Jemimah and Hamish arent really evil yet, they're still at the sort of stage Dom was after he married Emily.

I really think the show has gone downhill since Dom left. Not because hes gone, but because they've tried to replace him, and failed terribly. They had these great actors (Fraser and Kirsty) and really, really wasted them. When Robyn next leaves, it will be forever, but Hugo will inventiably be back. They would have been so much better off sticking with the great storylines they had, and giving evilness a break. We had two years of fanastic scheming, whealing and dealing, we can afford a break. Now would have been a good time to introduce a new villian, rather than all that piggy in the middle crap since December.

Rant over. :)

Archived