Shortland Street

Guest iloverobbie

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, I know. My problem is the fact that they replaced him before he even left. 2 years is a great run for a villian. The Dom storyline was ready to be done and dusted, but because having such a good villian = great ratings ( I presume. I never saw rating stats), and they ushered another villian in to take over the old one. Regardless of the characters, that was my issue.

That said, I dont want to get all anti Shorty. THis is the first time in ages that I like all the characters and am intrested in the all the storylines, sans Jake getting over Claire and anything to do with Yvonne. And thats pretty impressive for a soap.

Browsing through this actually makes me envious on grounds that go beyond the Laurie love. :P The show sounds great! You've got me intrigued about this fake Hamish stuff, and I've never even seen him.

See it's funny, the only 'Justine' spoilers I've really heard involve her getting on Li Mei's nerves. But then it sounds like the viewers don't really like Li Mei much. So is somebody really a villain if they're only hassling someone the viewers dislike? :lol:

*goes off to google Shane Cortese*

You wont be impressed when you google, his sites crap. But if you see him act..or dance..or sing. Then you'll be impressed. Man of many talents. But anyway, tangent.

Le Mei is a love to hate her character. http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/430878/429035

Thats her profile, because its 1am and I cant sleep. Its a few months out of date. Norman in since in remission (as all soap cancers are), and shes got lots more juicy scenes is a fight with a lesbian for Normans sperm. Good stuff.

Also because its 1am and I cant sleep: It sucks that I can have a better discussion about SS with an Aussie whos never actually seen the show or really has no idea what I'm talking about than I can with NZ'ers who watch it relegiously.

Browsing through this actually makes me envious on grounds that go beyond the Laurie love.  :P The show sounds great! You've got me intrigued about this fake Hamish stuff, and I've never even seen him.

See it's funny, the only 'Justine' spoilers I've really heard involve her getting on Li Mei's nerves. But then it sounds like the viewers don't really like Li Mei much. So is somebody really a villain if they're only hassling someone the viewers dislike?  :lol:

*goes off to google Shane Cortese*

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well its good to know that SS sounds interesting. Its a typical soapie, but I really enjoy it.

Li Mei isn't the most likable person, shes obnoxious and career driven. The only person that really seems to like Li Mei is Norman..lol.

Did you find mr Cortese?

I have to agree with Kelly

Dom was evil. Dom was fantastic. TVNZ were damn lucky to get an actor of that skill, and they made the most of it, hence him being their longest running villian. And teaming him with Chris Toni, and Delphie, another 3 of their best actors, was almost as good a desicion as hiring him in the first place

Delphie for her age was such a talented actress and her and Dom had great on screen chemistry. Yes TVNZ were lucky that shane was back home and interested in work, and my - hasnt he done well since his shorters time!

The whole stalker/hugo story was pathetic to say the least. and like ANYONE would survive a fall like that!! i hope he doesnt come back at all.

They seemed to have gone through a stage the last few months were it was all just doom and gloom i thought. Its great to see now a tad bit of happiness in the warner house. Yeah okay im a toni & chris supporter.... but it is just nice to watch two people actually being pleasant to each other. Im loving what is happening now.. i really hope the amanda storyline doesnt get wasted. But i think shortland Street is great! especially since it is only our (and stand to be corrected here) second attempt at a semi long running soap. (gotta love Gloss!)

i missed most of last night, i only a few bits here and there..

but Mark and Tania went to the shorters dinner at coldtrane, claire turned up but Andrew kicked her out. Tania went back to Marks and was going on about how she had organised lunch with these important docters they had met during the nite, Claire kept texting him he turned his phone off so him and Tania could do the wild thing. When he realised Tania was asleep, he got up and checked his phone - Claire had sent him some pics, the next thing is he is leaving Tania sound asleep in his apartment and turns up at Claires!!!

oh and Tama has gone back to coldtrane to work while also taking on chefing at the hospital cafe.

hope some of that helps!

Archived