Generally Mellow People who could be scary if they blew their top

CaptainHulk

We were used to the likes Alf and Don hitting the roof, Shoot, Michael on occasion but people who were chill but frightening when they lost it

James - Dr Kindness unless you meddled in his marriage, lied to him or didn't take docs orders seriously

Steven - His grief during the Phil death saga was especially powerful

Brodie - Though no-one blames her for slapping Kirsty for going jewellery, that was quite a shock

Spencer - Matt would learn that a couple times.

Geoff - Replace the above with him and Aiden

Ailsa - It would take certain people to really **** her off Karen (1991, 1993) and Nathan (1994)

On 19/02/2021 at 10:24, CaptainHulk said:

Steven - His grief during the Phil death saga was especially powerful

I've started to watch Home and Away from the very beginning in the past fortnight and just got to Kerry Barlow's death, and there has been Steven knocking Sam Barlow to the ground when blocking Barlow from punching him and him describing it as "flattening Barlow" and then I think there are more incidents to come with Steven knocking people to the ground with his karate moves.  And I'd also watched some 1995 scenes with the final showdown between Steven and Dodge, and he was definitely angry.

I adore Steven so far (I wish he had found Sandra when they'd grown up because they were cute with their walkie-talkie project) and I'd love it if he returned to Summer Bay (unlikely since Adam Willits isn't acting now), but I definitely think he could potentially be scary when angry.

2 hours ago, Jezz said:

Tony Holden.

The way he reacted to finding out Angelo was responsible for Jack's death was frightening. I think he would have genuinely killed Angelo if he wasn't restrained.

Yeah that still sticks in my head, as well as the scene when he found Jack. That was so sad. 

5 hours ago, Jezz said:

Tony Holden.

The way he reacted to finding out Angelo was responsible for Jack's death was frightening. I think he would have genuinely killed Angelo if he wasn't restrained.

I remember that. Usually when a confrontation like that happens on this show, there's a bit of talking before things get physical, but Tony had just lunged at Angelo. No confronting, no accusation, just straight up attack! I mean, it was understandable, but I agree- definitely frightening. 

On 19/02/2021 at 21:24, CaptainHulk said:

We were used to the likes Alf and Don hitting the roof, Shoot, Michael on occasion but people who were chill but frightening when they lost it

We are used to it with Irene too, but it is still frightening when it happens. Lynne does those scenes brilliantly

I started to disengage with H&A during the Sutherland/Hunter era, but funnily enough, those are some of "losing it" moments that stand out for me: 

Beth Hunter - the moment when she snapped on her wedding day to Rhys and told the Sutherland and Hunter children they needed to start acting like a family. 

Shelley Sutherland - when she found out about Rhys' one-night stand with Angie years earlier. It was around the time of, if not in, the 2002 finale. 

Archived