She Has To Pull Through

InfantryAlex

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey all, here's the next chapter. :)

Chapter Twelve: Inappropriate.

It’d been a few days since the incident at school, the roses and Sally’s fear of the perpetrator being Zoe had lessened, but she was still on edge. But today was her first day back at work, using the crutches she had been given to help ease the pain on her rolled ankle. She had arrived a little earlier than normal to finally go head to head with Brad on his behaviour and to remind him of her personal boundaries. She respected her marriage, and she loved Flynn and she wasn’t going to take this behaviour anymore.

Entering his office, Brad was up and already trying to help her to a seat. “I don’t need help, thanks though. We need to talk.”

“Of course, Sal.” he spoke, letting her sit down and he returned to his own seat. “What can I do?”

“You need to stop being inappropriate, the roses, the showing up at odd hours to talk to me while I’m at home with my family. You never rung Flynn when I asked you too, after my fall. But the roses, that crosses a boundary you should not cross. We are colleagues, friends at best, but there’s nothing more going on and I don’t appreciate you trying to insinuate there is and insult my marriage.” She spoke strongly, “And if it continues, all will be left is a colleague relationship, and you’d have to find a new place to stay than the caravan park.”

Brad felt his heart race, she knew. She figured it all out, and she still had no interest, and he had to pause and think for a bit. Maybe if he did back off for awhile, she’d see that she’d miss him, but if he let her go for that it may change their relationship to less of what he thought it was. “I was honestly trying to be friendly, I don’t have many friends here and I felt like we bonded and I was only trying to maintain our friendship. Nothing more. I didn’t intend to impede on your marriage.” lied Brad.

“You were, and it needs to stop. Friends don’t buy friends roses, Brad and make comments and dismiss their husband to their face.” She snapped, “I don’t appreciate your attitude towards Flynn, I will not allow anyone come between him and I. We’e been through hell, and he’s my soulmate.”  She stood up, “I hope this conversation wasn’t a waste of my time.”

And she hobbled out of his office, after Flynn’s cancer there was a time where Sally was so far over-protective of Flynn, any one who even showed annoyance to him and she’d be on ‘go’ mode and would defend him. No matter what. It had been such a tough and scary time, and having almost lost him in the cyclone and how he rescued Cassie from the caravan with electrocuting himself, she swore that no one will ever bring harm to him and their family again.

A part of her felt that vulnerability again, like Brad was going to be that straw that broke the strings they’d sowed back together and it’ll all unravel and it’ll be like she’s about to lose Flynn all over again.

She went to her office to calm down and take time before she had to teach.

Flynn had returned to work and was hoping things were going okay for Sally today, but the concern of the fall seemed to linger on his mind. What happened if this was Zoe? He couldn’t go through this ordeal again, the last time she came back he was barely well enough to do much of anything; even though he had started to show signs of the cancer disappearing. The stress certainly paid the toll on his health for a little.

But he was better now, and there was no way he would let anyone hurt Sally.

Brad felt the rage of her insinuations and how she’d figured them out, he wanted her. And he wanted her to himself and he had to make more advances to make sure Flynn was out of the picture, could he really commit such acts? He sure could, he knew Flynn wasn’t the one for Sally and that he was. He just had to think super hard on what to do.

He knew his sister would be highly disappointed in him, she had told him repeatedly that all his talking about Sally was highly concerning and that she was married and that would never change, everyone saw how happy Sally and Flynn were, why couldn’t Brad?

He banged his hand on his desk, and turned to look out he window and stare out into the distance.

“You will be mine, soon, Sally. I swear on it.”

Next chapters is where it really starts… be warned. Thanks for reading all.

Great chapter

oh dear Brad not taking Sally seriously.

On 19/06/2022 at 09:15, Zig said:

I want to punch brad in the face 

me too like…back off Sal 

update again soon :)

Archived