Do you think Alf and Irene should of got together?

project90

Do you think Alf and Irene should of got together?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

They've obviously missed the chance now but do you think they should of got together back around 01? Irene just lost Ken and Alf lost Ailsa they've both stayed on for 19 years with no long lasting love interests for either of them  could of had stable couple for all that time and they could of been foster parents together 

This is conflicting as they are both Aussie larrikins at heart and have had misfortune in love. So it would have been nice to see them comfort each other when Irene lost Ken and Alf lost Ailsa and they could have slowly started a relationship. As they are both long serving charecters I feel as if it were fitting if they did get together. Although, it feels like the two charecters hardly interact with each other.

I understand your point, and it would mean we would have had a stable 20+ year relationship/marriage on the show.

But I personally just don't like the idea of them together.

Although all the "characters" on the show are just hollow shells these days. Irene and Alf are just hollow shells with catchphrases. So you could really put anyone together and it makes no difference.

On 29/02/2020 at 04:28, CaptainHulk said:

I think I could probably more buy Alf/Pippa. 

Vanessa Downing Pippa and Alf  yes I could imagine that.

But not Debra Lawrence  Pippa  as her and Alf would have too much of a personality clash. I remember quite often in the 90s that Michael & Pippa used to bad mouth Alf  a lot .

Lynne McGranger said in an interview that the reason why Alf and Irene would never work as a couple was they are too much alike with both being very outspoken and strong personalitys.  They would rip each other part.    

On 01/03/2020 at 01:22, j.laur5 said:

Vanessa Downing Pippa and Alf  yes I could imagine that.

But not Debra Lawrence  Pippa  as her and Alf would have too much of a personality clash. I remember quite often in the 90s that Michael & Pippa used to bad mouth Alf  a lot .

Lynne McGranger said in an interview that the reason why Alf and Irene would never work as a couple was they are too much alike with both being very outspoken and strong personalitys.  They would rip each other part.    

I agree with that last line. It's Chalk and Chalk, sort of Lou and Madge never really worked over on Neighbours, at least long term. 

If anything, it was Michael that had more of a problem with Alf (c.1995). 

I just see Alf/Pippa (either) as a sort of a Papa Wolf meets Mama Bear, thing. Sometimes a clash of styles can work, Run DMC/Aerosmith anyone??

On 29/02/2020 at 03:28, CaptainHulk said:

I think I could probably more buy Alf/Pippa. 

Alf and Pippa would have been more interesting, somehow, I can picture Alf having a crush on Pippa and helping her with tiny chores and inviting her to dinner.

Archived