Ron Haddrick (Gordon Macklin) passes away

adam436

According to IMDB, he only appeared in 14 episodes as Gordon Macklin.

I know IMDB doesn't have 100% accuracy, especially for Australian TV series, but it certainly felt like he appeared more than that. I guess that goes to show how great Ron was, that he could make his presence felt and make a character so memorable with so few appearances. 

On 16/02/2020 at 00:04, adam436 said:

According to IMDB, he only appeared in 14 episodes as Gordon Macklin.

I know IMDB doesn't have 100% accuracy, especially for Australian TV series, but it certainly felt like he appeared more than that. I guess that goes to show how great Ron was, that he could make his presence felt and make a character so memorable with so few appearances. 

IMDB is all over the place especially everything after 2005 contributed by viewers in other countries. Not one to toot my own horn but I've done a fair bit of groundskeeping on certain shows (credit order, writers, etc) including H&A which I've managed to keep relatively accurate in places over the years.

But RIP Ron. Read Wikipedia he was also an MBE and recieved An Order of Australia and turned out for his State for Cricket.

IMDb listing only 3 episodes for him as Peter Moss is definitely wrong. However, that period from 1988 to early 1996 tends to be fairly accurate, mainly because I suspect someone was updating it by the 7Two showings. Gordon was a character who only tended to appear for an episode or two here and there, and then got talked about a lot when he wasn't on screen, so I wouldn't be surprised if it is only 14 episodes.

Archived