Couples that took ages to get together!.

j.laur5

Matt and Evie-This had to be longest will they or wont they couple as after Maddy and Josh left  it was hinted they become couple and yet they prolong them getting together with Evie  briefly dating Mason and Matt briefly dating guest character called  Zoe  and when they finally got together it wasnt long before they left and i cant help but feel  it would been better for them to get together sooner and that way we could see them longer as couple as neathier Matt or Evie didit really do  lot in there last 10 months. 

Zac and Leah-I feel they should gotten together sooner and when they finally   got married it was waste as Zac left about 18 months later. 

Justin and Phoebe-They hook up when they  fist met in 2016 and they didit officially get together   properly until early 2017  and yet few months later Phoebe left town.

Nate and Tori-Pretty much same as Justin and Phoebe after finally getting together it wasn't long before Nate left.  

Thoughts?.

I'd agree about Matt and Evie: Personally, I'd have ditched the relationships with Maddy and Josh (or at the very least Evelyn and Josh Take 2) and had them get together in 2014 or 2015.It felt like we had about three years of teasing before they finally got there! I'm not so sure about Leah/Zac or Justin/Phoebe, the timescales felt about right, although it was a shame Zac and Leah split up after only about a year of marriage.I'll agree Nate and Tori was a bit dragged out.

Off the top of my head I'd add:

Aden and Nicole-Yes, I know, heresy, but there was a spark there from the beginning, yet because the show had to keep Aden and Belle together until Jessica Tovey left, and then give Aden at least a bit of time to get over her afterwards, their first go was just treated like a fling, and by the time they finally got to be a proper couple he was on the way out.

Blake and Fin-They spent most of 1992 single and were in each other's orbits so it seemed inevitable, but instead they spent the last half of the year doing an Unrequited Love Switcheroo, and by the time they finally got together he'd already been taken off the titles and it clearly wasn't going to last long.

On 24/12/2019 at 19:46, Red Ranger 1 said:

I'd agree about Matt and Evie: Personally, I'd have ditched the relationships with Maddy and Josh (or at the very least Evelyn and Josh Take 2) and had them get together in 2014 or 2015.It felt like we had about three years of teasing before they finally got there! I'm not so sure about Leah/Zac or Justin/Phoebe, the timescales felt about right, although it was a shame Zac and Leah split up after only about a year of marriage.I'll agree Nate and Tori was a bit dragged out.

I agree - it felt like they just put them together when they did because Maddy/Josh were finally leaving, and there wasn't many other teens/young adults left on the show for them to have scenes with.

On 23/12/2019 at 14:00, j.laur5 said:

Nate and Tori-Pretty much same as Justin and Phoebe after finally getting together it wasn't long before Nate left.  

I liked Nate and Tori but agreed. It felt a bit pointless after the build up for him to just leave - especially after the whole Riley thing.

Another one is maybe Raffy and Ryder. She kind of liked him in the beginning but then he dated Coco instead.

On 03/01/2020 at 13:48, christine king said:

Yes if they had of got together at the start we could of had over a year with them. They were a great couple and they deserved more.

I agree. I preferred them to Coco/Ryder...they felt a bit pointless since she ended up leaving anyway.

On 24/12/2019 at 01:00, j.laur5 said:

Zac and Leah-I feel they should gotten together sooner and when they finally   got married it was waste as Zac left about 18 months later. 

That seems to be part of Leah's curse. As well as Zac, she took ages to get together with Miles and Justin too. Miles and Leah had not been together long before he departed and Justin was around for about 3 years before he and Leah got together. 

Imagine if she's got together with Miles and Zac shortly after they both arrived! She'd have had a permanent love interest for nearly 4 or more years both times instead of the string of short-lived love interests she had.

To add to the list we've also got John and Marilyn, Donald and Marilyn (considering she arrived in 1989 and they didn't get together until 95/96, it's ages!) and Scott and Hayley

It depends on the definition of ages though. Do Ziggy and Dean count for example? Or Tori and Ash? Or Kat and Ash?  

On 06/01/2020 at 04:26, adam436 said:

That seems to be part of Leah's curse. As well as Zac, she took ages to get together with Miles and Justin too. Miles and Leah had not been together long before he departed and Justin was around for about 3 years before he and Leah got together. 

Imagine if she's got together with Miles and Zac shortly after they both arrived! She'd have had a permanent love interest for nearly 4 or more years both times instead of the string of short-lived love interests she had.

To add to the list we've also got John and Marilyn, Donald and Marilyn (considering she arrived in 1989 and they didn't get together until 95/96, it's ages!) and Scott and Hayley

It depends on the definition of ages though. Do Ziggy and Dean count for example? Or Tori and Ash? Or Kat and Ash?  

I would've preferred Leah and Justin to get together sooner I think, or even interact more sooner, as they did feel a bit pushed together in a 'suddenly all of their scenes are with each other' kind of way. The only love interest of his I actually liked was Scarlett, and she didn't stick around long.

Archived