Homecoming Part 3

Chapter 310

High School- Summer Bay

Karen smiled as Craig walked away. Steve watched as he walked towards him. Craig opened his locker and took his folder out

“Why was you giving her money?” Steve said

“She just borrowed me some money the other day, that’s all” Craig said as he pretended to look for something in his locker,

“Must've been a lot because that is the second time ive seen you give her money” Steve said

“So?” Craig said and Steve shook his head and closed his locker

“Do you want to come over to my place to finish the project? We need to be done by Thursday because my flight is on Friday night” Steve said. He was flying to England. The minute he told his Aunt, she booked him a ticket straight away

“I dunno, maybe later or something” Craig said then he closed his locker and walked away.

W Hotel- New York

Frank opened his eyes then immediately closed them as he winced at the light shining into the room. Frank rubbed his eye then he looked around then it hit him, he wasn’t at home..he wasn’t in his bed. He looked to his left and saw someone moving around next to him. He slowly lifted up the cover to see the girl Sherry from last night. Frank was confused…he didn’t know how he got here.. He looked at his watch it was 9am. He sighed. He was late for work. He slowly got out of the bed but sat down again because he had a headache.

“Hey” Frank turned around to see Sherry smiling at him

“Look…I don’t know what happened here…or “ Frank was interrupted

“We had a good time last night” Sherry said and she smiled. Frank looked at her, he still didn’t remember how they ended up in bed together. Frank sighed then he got out of the bed and put his clothes on. He bent down to pick up his socks and a condom wrapper fell from one of them..Frank sighed.

“Mr Hanson said I should give this to you” Sherry said then she picked up a folded piece of paper from the bedside table and gave it to Frank. Frank leaned forward and took the note from Sherry

“Sorry you didn’t win tonight, maybe tomorrow. Don’t worry about the room, ill take care of it. Hope you had a good time, Sherry is one of the best. Give me a call and we can talk about you paying back the money you owe me, James” Frank pushed the note in his pocket and put his jacket on. He was confused, he didn’t remember owning James any money

“I I I have to go” Frank said as he put his bag crossbody

“Maybe Ill see you again” Sherry said as she sat up and smiled

“I don’t think so…im married…I don’t know what happened here last night…but I am sorry” Frank said and he rushed out of the room as fast as he could. He looked for the elevator but couldn’t wait, he saw the sign fr the stairs and rushed down them

“Excuse me, what is the address of this place?” Frank said to the receptionist

“1567 W 42st” The receptionist said

“Which way to the station?” Frank said

“Out of the doors, turn left and its one block down” The receptionist said

“Thanks” Frank said then he rushed out of the door, he didn’t know how long it was going to take to get to work but he was going to try and get there as quickly as he could…

Summer Bay

Pippa looked at the steam coming out of the engine and sighed. It was her fault, she saw the light on the dashboard but she didn’t go and get it fixed because she didn’t have ay money. Times like this she wished she had paid attention to when her brother was teaching her about cars

“G’day..having some trouble?” Pippa turned around to see Michael in his truck

“Yes, just a little bit” Pippa said and smiled as Michael got out of his truck. He looked at the engine and touched some parts of the car

“just an overheating problem” Michael said and Pippa sighed

“Do you know how much it would cost to fix?” Pippa said

“I would say a cup of tea would do the trick” Michael said and Pippa looked at him confused then he smiled

“let me tow you to your house and I can fix it for you” Michael said

“Oh, I don’t want to take time out of your day” Pippa said

“No, its fine. I am not very busy today” Michael lied. He was supposed to help Celia move things in the garage but that can wait. Michael smiled to himself as Pippa took Christopher out of the car and went and sat in his truck…

Sands Resort Gym- Summer Bay

Jeff looked in the mirror as he did bicep curls with 30lb dumb bells in each hand then he looked at his left arm as the muscled bulged with every movement. He had just finished with his last client for the day. Sometimes he missed teaching but he loved what he was doing now and the freedom it gave him. He put the weights doen and looked at himself in the mirror, he could see his arms getting bigger and his legs. He loved the way he looked and smiled then winked. He looked at his watch, he had to shower and change before going to the city to see Narelle. Jeff walked out of the gym using the towel he picked up on the way out to wipe his face not looking where he was going, he bumped into someone

“Oh” Jeff looked up to see Craig looking at him

“Where are your manners boy?” Jeff said as he stared at Craig. Craig stared back then he walked around him as Jeff shook his head and walked away.  Craig continue on until he got to his destination.

“Oh, I thought Jonathan would be here” Craig said as he saw Bobby sitting at her desk. She looked up at him

“He should be back in a minute” Bobby said then she looked down at the menu she was writing

“Is it ok if I wait?” Craig said

“Yeah sure” Bobby said without looking up. Shortly after Jonathan walked into the office and looked annoyed to see Craig there

“Ummm Hi, I came to se if I was on the rota for this weekend” Craig said

“He’s keen, its only Tuesday” Bobby said as she got up

“I better go, Ill see you later…got a paper to write” Bobby said as she grabbed her bag and walked out of the office. Jonathan smiled as Bobby walked out then he closed the door behind her and looked at Craig

“Listen, I think you should stop coming here during the week….Bobby might start suspecting something” Jonathan said

“I know, I should be careful…but I need to tell you something…Someone saw us on Saturday” Craig said then Jonathan had a serious look on his face

“Who?” Jonathan said

“A girl from school, she was at the party here” Craig said

“Has she told anyone?” Jonathan said

“No…but that’s because she’s making me give her $20 dollars a day…I don’t want to give her the money anymore” Craig said then he stood in front of Jonathan and put his hand on his chest

“I don’t care if she tells everyone…I love you” Craig said and Jonathan looked at him. This was only supposed to be a bit of fun, and now it was turning into a disaster…again..

Stewart Shop- Summer Bay

Before Debra walked into the shop she looked through the window to see Alf and Blake laughing. As they laughed, she saw so many similarities between them that she hoped nobody else would see. When she found out that Alf lived here, she should have moved straight away but she didn’t. Now she was too deep to do anything. Debra sighed then she opened the door and walked towards the counter

“Hard at work I see” Debra said with a smiled

“Mr Stewart was showing me the medals he got in the army” Blake said with a very excited voice. Since he was a little boy all he wanted was to serve in the army

“Is he now?” Debra said with a disappointed look and Blakes smile disappeared then he looked at Alf

“My parents think it’s a bad idea that I go into the army..they are scared that I will get killed or something” Blake said

“I understand…my parents had the same fear as well” Alf said

“So how did you convince them to let you go?” Blake said

“Well I was a wee bit older than you when I made the decision. I promised my parents that if I finished high school and I still wanted to do it, they would be ok…well they couldn’t really say anything because I would be 18. So I say wait, finish high school and if you really want to do it, you can cross that bridge when the time comes.”Alf said with a smiled

“Thanks Mr Stewart. I was telling my dad that there are so many opportunities now, its not only going to war, you can learn a trade or go to uni” Blake said

“Yeah I know much different from when I was a kid” Alf said as Debra looked at him. She wished she could tell the truth..

“Ill go and put these boxes in the stockroom” Blake said and he smiled and walked away as Alf looked at Debra

“You got a good kid there” Alf said and Debra smiled wishing she could tell him more…

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Michael walked into the house wiping his hands on a towel as Pippa walked out of the kitchen

“Your car is as good as new” Michael said with a smile

“Are you sure I cant pay you anything for your time?” Pippa said

“Actually, you can do something for me” Michael said

“What ?” Pippa said

“Can I use your phone to make a call? My solicitor went to court today…I should be finding out about the cutody case. He said he was going to call the boatshed” Michael said

“Yes of course…would you like a coffee or a cold drink?” Pippa said

“A cold drink will be fine” Michael said as he walked towards the phone, picked it up and began to dial. As Pippa got a can ok coke out of the fridge, she thought about what she was going to make for dinner since the kids will be home soon. Pippa opened the cupboard and took out a glass. As she listen to Michael excitedly thank someone then put the phone down. She walked towards the table with the glass and can and put them down as Michael walked towards her

“Good news?” Pippa said

“More than good news..I won the case…I got full custody of my son..he will be coming to live with me” Michael said

“That is wonderful news” Pippa said and smiled

“Oh its more than wonderful news” Michael said then before Pippa knew it, he had hugged her then he kissed her. Pippa pulled away in shock as she looked at him

“I I I am sorry…I just couldn’t help myself…I am attracted to you” Michael was interrupted

“I think you better leave” Pippa said as Sally walked through the door with Steve

“Pippa guess what, I got 1st place in the spelling test” Sally said excited

“Well done sweetie” Pippa said as she tried to process what just happened

“Ill just be going…Ill check on the car on the way out” Michael said and smiled at Pippa then he walked out of the house

“Craig might come over later, we are doing a project together” Steve said as he went upstairs. Pippa said down. She could hear Sally talking but she couldn’t hear what she was saying as she tried to process what just happened…

Macklin Cooperation- New York

Frank drank his coffee, it was the only thing he had been able to put in his mouth since he woke up in the hotel this morning. He still couldn’t remember what happened or how he managed to end up cheating on his wife. He was 45 minutes late to work but fortunately Terry is out of town and Jerry hadn’t arrived at the office. Frank had to work late tonight so it didn’t matter too much. Frank put his hand in the pocket of his bag and pulled out the business card and began to dial

“Hi, Mr James, its Frank” Frank said

“Frank, feeling better today?” James said

“To be honest Mr James, I don’t know what happened…I woke up in the hotel this morning in bed with the girl from last night" Frank said

“Well you were pretty out of it last night after the money you lost..you needed a little comforting” James said and laughed

“See that’s the thing, I don’t remember any of that…on your note you said I owe you money” Frank said

You lost $4000 then you asked me to borrow you $4000 to win it back but you didn’t” James said which was still so confusing to Frank

“$4000?” Frank said in an almost raised voice. He couldn’t believe he lost that much money then he sighed. “I can pay you the money back” Frank said

“Well, you can try and win it back, we have another game tonight” James said

“I can’t, I have to work overtime tonight” Frank said

“What about tomorrow?” James said

“I can’t, we have a team coming over from Europe” Frank said

“I tell you what…don’t worry about the $4000 you owe me, you had a tough break. Just give me a call when you can make it.” James said

“Thanks Mr James, I really appreciate it, I am saving up to get a house for myself and my wife” Frank said

“Anything for the superstar gambler” James said then he put the phone down. Frank looked at the receiver then he put the phone down. He owed Mr James $4000..he didn’t know how..and he certainly couldn’t tell Roo, but he knew he was good at card, he probably just had a bad night…he was going to win that money back. Frank opened his office draw and took out a pack of cards, shuffled them then began putting them on the desk. He was going to win that money back and more because he was gong to make sure he had everything ready before he and Roo had their baby….

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:)

Chapter 311

Barnett Residence- Summer Bay

Bob made noises as he chewed his pie. He looked over to Craig who was digging the fork into he pie

“Youre suppose to eat that, not poke holes in it” Bob said then Craig looked up at him

“Whats the matter with you, you’ve been walking around here with a long face” Bob said

“Nothing” Craig said, he lied..he was worried that Karen was going to ask for more money, he was worried that she might tell people that she saw him anyway, he was worried that Jonathan and him had an argument about it

“Er..I was thinking of inviting the Lawrence family over for dinner” Bob said as he chewed his food and Craig sighed

“Blake and Karen are in your year at school, it would be nice for you to get to know them a bit better” Bob said

“Im not hungry, Im going over to the caravan park, I have to do some homework with Steve” Craig said and he got up from the table

“Craig” Bob said and he put his knife and fork down. Craig sat back down on his chair

“You…can talk to me you know..if there is something wrong” Bob said as he looked at Craig

“There is nothing wrong” Craig said

“Well maybe when you and Blake become friends, you can talk to him eh?” Bob said as Craig stared at him

“I wont be home late” Craig said then he got up from the table and walked out of the house. Bob waited until he heard he door close then he leaned forward, picked up Craigs plate and put the pie on his plate and smiled to himself as he thought about calling Debra later on.

Stewart Sr/Ross Residence- Summer Bay

“Michael, your dinner is getting cold” Celia said as she stood by the kitchen door. Michael was in the spare room, moving things around in preparation for Haydn coming to live with them. Celia sighed as she walked towards the dining room table. She wasn’t sure how she felt about this, at first she was excited at the possibility of being a mother, but now, she was so sure because of the way Haydn was rude to her. Celia sighed as Michael walked into the dining room

“Im going to get some paint and paint the room before Haydn comes” Michael said as he sat down at the table

“The room has been satisfactory thus far” Celia said

“Yeah but it wasn’t Haydn's room, now that he will be living with us permanently, I want to make this feel like his home too” Michael said as he put a potato in his mouth. Celia wished she could tell Michael about the way Haydn behaved, she mentioned it once but Michael didn’t do anything about it. Celia looked up as Michael got up from the table shortly after he returned with a bottle of champagne. I think this calls for a celebration” Michael said as he put two champagne glasses on the table then he began to open the bottle

“Michael we don’t need to open that bottle” Celia said

“Why not? I got full custody of my kid, its what I have wanted and worked for” Michael said then the champagne cork opened. Michael rushed and poured some champagne in two glasses. When he looked up, Celia was still sitting down

“Are you not going to toast with me?” Michael said

“Yes of course” Celia said and faked a smiled then walked over to Michael who gave her a glass to hold

“To the start of a bright future..and to my son Haydn coming home..to Haydn” Michael said and smiled “To Haydn” Celia said reluctantly and smiled and sipped a little of the champagne then she walked back to her chair feeling unsure about the future.

Le Club- The City

Ben parked his car and walked towards the club. For a weekday night, the club was very busy and the music was very loud. Ben paid then entrance fee and walked into the club. He looked around. Some people danced, some people sat by the bar and a few others kissed in the corners. As he looked around, he saw some very beautiful women, they were probably model’s because they looked the type. Ben looked around, he didn’t see her. He looked at his watch, he didn’t want to stay long but he was told that Samantha was always at this club. Ben walked over to the bar. The bar tender how a mohawk and earrings in his ear.

“Beer” Ben said and the bartender nodded and walked away. Ben turned around to look at the crowd that had now congregated on the dance floor. He turned around when the bartender tapped him on the shoulder. Ben looked down to see his beer on the table. He gave the bartender some money then picked up his beer and drank it then turned around to look at the people dancing. As Ben drank his beer, he noticed something in the corner of his eye, he looked to his left and even though he knew it wasn’t Carly, Samantha was the spitting image of her…they really were twins. Ben slowly walked over to table, there was an empty seat next to Samantha. She was so beautiful to him

“Gday” Ben said as loud as he could over the music. Samantha didn’t turn around

“I said Gday” Ben said louder then Samantha turned around and looked at him. He smiled at her, she was a better looking version of Carly, really trendy and put together like the model she was. He would marry her immediately

“Do you want something?” Samantha said as she looked at Ben. She looked at his shirt, it was at least five years old she thought to herself and his haircut looked daggy

“Well…no…I just wanted to say hello” Ben said and smiled. Samantha gave him a sarcastic smile then she turned her back and continued the conversation she was having. This started to anger Ben. Ben tapped Samantha on the shoulder again

“Look, what do you want?” Samantha said annoyed

“Im a friend of Carlys” Ben said, hoping that would change things

“So? Shes a dag and so are you” Samantha said and rolled her eyes then turned her back to Ben again which angered him even more. Ben sighed then he drank some of his beer to calm himself down. He tapped Samantha on the shoulder and she immediatey turned around which made Ben spill his beer all over himself. Samantha and her friends began to laugh at him then they got up from the table and left. Ben wiped his face and brushed the liquid off his shirt and stared at Samantha as she danced…this made him angry…and he knew whose fault it was. Ben put the bottle on the table and rushed out of the club, got into his car and sped off screeching his tires on the way..

Police Station- Summer Bay

Nick sat at the desk and filled out the arrest report from earlier as he wrote he remembered that he was supposed to give Julie a call.

“Hey Nick, remember the girls from the other night, they are coming down to the resort this weekend…that Jackie has been asking about you” Pete, Nicks colleague said

“I told you, Im not interested” Nick said

“Mate, you are stupid, she’s gorgeous…and has a great set of legs too” Pete said and laughed

“Rack off will you” Nick said annoyed and looked down at the report he was writing

“I dunno why you keep wasting your time on that Sheila in the chair” Pete said

“Why are you making it your business?” Nick said annoyed

“Because you cant see the responsibility that goes into being with a Sheila in a chair…walk away while you still can” Pete said then he shook his head and laughed and walked out of the police station. Nick sighed then he threw the pen on the table and looked at it. He understood what Pete meant, he knew that being with Julie is a huge responsibility. She was a nice girl, they got on well but he wasn’t sure if he was ready for the responsibility. Nick sighed then he picked up the pen. He was going to find a way to break it to Julie that they should just be friends…it was for the best…

Stewart Residence- Summer Bay

“Celia?” Ailsa said as she opened the door and tied her dressing gown

“I am sorry to come by so late, I just remembered I had your dish and I wanted to return it” Celia said

“It could’ve waited until tomorrow” Ailsa said and rolled her eyes taking the dish from Celia and closing the door. Ailsa walked into the kitchen and put the dish in a cupboard as Celia followed behind her

“Celia, why did you really come here?” Ailsa said

“I told you, to bring the dish” Celia said

“Come one Celia, whats wrong?” Ailsa said and Celia sighed and sat down. Ailsa sat down opposite her and looked at her

“Oh I heard the good news about Michael winning custody of his son” Ailsa said and smiled

“News sure does spread fast in this town” Celia said annoyed

“You don’t seem happy about it?” Ailsa said

“Oh I am” Celia said trying to fake a smile

“Celia…” Ailsa said

Emotional background music

“Haydn and I don’t get on very well” Celia said

“That happens…remember me and Roo? and now we are really good friends” Ailsa said as she smiled

“That was different…Roo is a girl, its natural that she would see you as a threat after her mother passed” Celia said as Ailsa looked at her

“I just don’t think I am ready or will be good at being a mother…the odd weekend here and there wasn’t too bad but I  think the boy hates me…you should hear the way he speaks to me…awful” Celia said as she wiped a tear from her eye

“Celia, you are reading too much into it…It will be an adjustment most definitely but if you love Michael you will make it work and as for Haydn, he is a teenager, they hate everybody” Ailsa said and smiled hoping that Celia would but she didn’t

Ailsa grabbed Celias hand and smiled  “Just give it some time. Once Haydn has adjusted to life in Summer Bay, everything will be alright” Ailsa said and smiled

“Do you want a cuppa?” Ailsa said

“No, no…I need to get back” Celia said and got up

“If you don’t mind…can we keep this between us?” Celia said

“Of course” Ailsa said

“Please tell Alfred Ill see him in the morning at the shop” Celia said

“Ill let him know when he gets home” Ailsa said

“Oh, he’s not home?” Celia said and turned around to look at Ailsa

“No, he is doing some book keeping at the shop, he should be home soon” Ailsa said

“Maybe ill go by there and tell him to hurry up” Celia said

“No need, he will be home soon, get home to your husband” Ailsa said and smiled

“Goodnight Ailsa…and thank you” Celia said and smiled

“Night” Ailsa said and smiled then she closed the door. She looked at the clock on the wall and walked towards the phone. She wanted to make sure that Alf was not doing too much. Ailsa picked up the phone and began to dial

Stewart Shop-Summer Bay

Phone ringing

Debra hugged Alf as he furiously trusted on top of her in the stockroom.

Phone ringing

Debra kissed Alf passionately then exhaled vocally

Phone ringing

“Alf exhaled vocally as he trusted faster 

Phone ringing

“Deb…I love you” Alf said as he continued to thrust furiously then began to kiss Debra's neck. Debra smiled to herself…she had been waiting to hear these words and tonight she did

Phone ringing

I love you too, my darling” Debra said and Alf made his way to her mouth and kissed her passionately

Ailsa let the phone ring a few more times then she put the phone down and turned the light off. Alf was probably on his way home. Ailsa smiled as she walked to the room. She took off her dressing gown and got into bed. She was so happy with how her life had turned out, she was with a man she loved and she had a great relationship with Roo and and a wonderful son…her life was perfect…

Jackson Residence- Taree Australia

Emma closed her eyes as she felt all his weight  on top of her. He had his hand over her mouth tight...she couldnt scream anyway..she couldnt move...she couldnt fight back...her body was numb just like it always was. She didnt know how long it was going to go on for. She wanted her mum to wake up and maybe find him missing from the bed...she never did. He took his hand from her mouth and pushed his head into the pillow as he exhaled vocally. He is probably finished, Emma said to herself and she was right, he was. He looked at her and smiled.. she stared at him as he got off the bed and quietly left the room. Emma turned to her side and stared at the wall. She didnt cry anymore, it didnt matter. Nobody would believe her anyway. She closed her eyes and thought about the beach in Summer Bay, the water there was nice and warm..it wanted her like no one else did...

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Pippa walked down the stairs and turned the light on , on the desk then she picked up the phone

“Caravan Park” Pippa said then she put her hand on the receiver to hide her yawing

“Pippa…its Michael” Michael said and Pippa said

“Michael , its late” Pippa said

“I know…Im sorry..I just wanted to apologize…well not really…Im happy that you know how I feel now” Michael said

“Michael, what happened earlier, shouldn’t have happened, you are a married man” Pippa was interrupted

“That doesn’t mean I cant I feelings for you…the same feelings ive had since I met you” Michael said

“Michael, I am sorry if I have given you the wrong impression but this conversation is making me feel uncomfortable” Pippa said

“Can we at least talk about it?” Michael said

“No, please just stay away from me” Pippa said then she put the phone down and sighed. She didn’t know where this all came from. She had no feelings for Michael and she never once gave any impression that she had. Pippa sat down at the desk and picked up the phone again and dialed

“I hope I didn’t wake you up Alex…I just wanted to hear your voice” Pippa said and smiled

Stewart Sr/Ross Residence- Summer Bay

Michael put the phone down as Celia opened the door

“Was you on the phone?” Celia said

“Yeah, I had to speak to a customer” Michael said as Celia took off her jacket

“At this time, its very late” Celia said confused as she walked into the bedroom and Michael ignored her. Michael walked into the bathroom and Celia quickly took off her clothes and put her night dress on and laid on the bed. They had not been intimate lately, but now that the case was over, maybe that was going to change. Celia fixed her hair to lay perfectly on the pillow as she waited for Michael. Michael sighed as he flushed the toilet. He couldn’t believe the way he behaved with Pippa, but he couldn’t help it, he felt strongly for her…. Michael walked into the room and he saw Celia lying on the bed. He wasn’t in the mood to be intimate with her..he didn’t have a reason to be with her anymore because he got custody of his son. However, he needed to stay with her because she had a stable house so his ex wouldn’t try and get custody back. Michael got into bed next to Celia and remembered that he still needed her. He rolled over and climbed on top of her and entered a place he knew. As he thrusted, he began thinking of Pippa and closed his eyes and trusted as his body carried him to paradise. Celia put her arms around Michael and remembered what Ailsa said…everything will be fine. Celia smiled to herself and closed her eyes…

Background music ends

Summer Bay

“Night” Carly said to Grant who got into his car and drove off, Carly then got into Bens car

“I wasn’t expecting you tonight” Carly said then she leaned over and kissed Bens cheek

“So I need an appointment to come and see you?”  Ben said as he started the engine

“No, Im not saying that…It’s a nice surprise that’s all” Carly said and smiled as she stroked Bens cheek. He turned around to look at her, she looked exactly like Samantha did as she laughed at him

“By the way, Bobby gave me the raise, can you believe it” Carly said and Ben didn’t respond

“I think next time you can make it, dinner is on me, as my way of saying thank you”  Carly said

“So you think I can afford my own dinner?” Ben said

“That’s not what I said, you did a good thing for me, and I just want to repay you” Carly said

“I don’t need your stupid money ok” Ben said the pulled over to the side

“Come on Ben, don’t be a dag” Carly said and she laughed. Ben looked at her, that is what Samantha called him. As Ben remembered, he saw red and before Carly knew it, he had slapped her across the face. Carly gasped and put her hand up to her face

“Im sorry Ben…I didn’t mean it” Carly said quickly but it was too late, Ben hit her a few more times then he punched her. Carly tried her best to block the shots but Ben was too strong.

“You are ungrateful, I do everything for you and you repay me with insults…get out” Ben said. Carly wiped her face with the arm of her jacket, there was blood on it.

“I SAID GET OUT” Ben barked. Carly didn’t want to make him more angry than she already had and got out of the car. Ben threw her bag out of the car and sped off. Carly sighed. It was really late. She stood and waited, last time Ben did this, he came back for her, Carly picked up her bag from the floor and took out a mirror and looked at her face as best she could in the moonlight, she had a cut abover her eyebrow and her nose was bleeding. Carly sighed. She really hated that she always said something stupid to make Ben angry. She began to walk, it wasn’t too far to the caravan park. After a few minutes, she heard a car driving up then it past her and stopped. Someone  got out and walked back to her…as the person got closer, it was Nick

“Carly, what happened to you?” Nick said

“Some guys tired to attack me but I fought them off” Carly said

“Youre bleeding, I better take you to the hospital and get a statement” Nick said

“No, I am fine, honest...I didnt see their faces anyway..can you give me a lift to the caravan park?” Carly said

“I cant” Nick said

“Yes you can, youre off duty” Carly said and Nick sighed. She was right, he was off duty in his regular clothes

“Ok…lets go” Nick said and Carly walked back to his car and got in. Nick and Carly drove in silence, Carly wasn’t paying attention to the road and closed her eyes until she felt the car stop. She opened her eyes, they were at the hospital

“I said I wanted to go home” Carly said

“I said I couldn’t do that…either we go into the hospital or I arrest you” Nick said and Carly sighed and got out of the car. She had to come up with a story…and fast..

Chapter 312

Three days later

Barnett Residence Summer Bay

Nick scratched his head and got out of bed as he yawned. He rubbed his eye then walked out of the bedroom and towards the kitchen

“I thought you were going to sleep in all day” Bob said as he chewed on some toast. Nick yawned then opened the fridge and took some milk out

“Yeah, I got in pretty late last night” Nick said. He went with Pete and some of the other guys to the resort last night, there were some girls there that they met in the city. Pete and the rest went on to the Yabbie Creek and Nick decided to go home. There was one girl, Natalie, she was trying to get him to go but he wasn’t into her as much as she was in to him. She was pretty, probably too pretty and that was probably the reason why, but he probably could see her again.

“So how are you spending the day off?” Bob said as he drank his coffee.

“Not sure, I might go for a swim. Haven’t done that in a while” Nick said as he poured some hot water into a cup with a tea bag

“Well whatever you do, don’t forget you are working tonight” Bob said then he shoved some toast in his mouth and got up from the table as Nick stirred in some milk into the cup and walked towards the table to sit down

“Oh before I forget…Julie called for you yesterday” Bob said and Nick sighed. She called him at work and he didn’t return her call

“What did she say?” Nick said then he sipped his tea

“Just for you to call her when you get a chance” Bob said

“Right…thanks” Nick said

“See you later” Bob said and he walked out of the house. Nick sighed and leaned back in the chair..maybe he had to tell her instead of putting it off…maybe he should just ignore her and she would stop calling. Nick sighed, he really didn’t know what to do, and what made it harder is that he really did like Julie…

Gatwick Airport- UK

“Let me get that for you” Donna said with a big smile as she helped Steve put his suitcase in the boot of her car. Steve put his backpack next to the suitcase then Donna closed the car. Steve walked around to the passenger side and got into the car and put his seat belt on. Donna got into the car, started the engine then put her seatbelt on.

“Home is about 45 minutes away” Donna said and began driving out of the parking space as Steve looked around

“How was the flight?” Donna said as she finally got out of the airport and onto the motorway

“Ok” Steve said as he looked around.

“Well, ive taken the week off so that I can show you around” Donna said and she indicated right into another lane and continued to drive.

“Sorry Jim wasn’t able to get the time off, but we will see him tonight” Donna said then briefly looked at Steve then back at the road

“Is everything alright?” Donna said

“Yeah, fine, im just a bit tired” Steve said. He was telling the truth, he was tired but it was also weird that  his aunt looked so much like his mum…making him miss her even more.

“Well we better get you rested up, we have a fun week ahead” Donna said and smiled. She was happy…hopefully everything would go well and Steve would want to call England his home

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Carly picked up the mirror and looked at her face, it wasn’t as bad, her eye was healing and the cut on her lip didn’t look worse.

“Come in” Carly said as she heard a knock on the door. Pippa opened it and walked in

“Hi…I was hoping you were awake..I wanted to bring you a cup of tea” Pippa said and smiled as she put the cut on the bed side table

“Thanks” Carly said as Pippa sat on the bed

“How are you feeling?” Pippa said

“Fine…its been a few days,im over it” Carly said and picked up the cup and drank sme of the tea

“I know darling…I was just hoping that this attack didn’t bring up memories…of….you  know what happened before” Pippa said

“No it doest..im fine honest…see, my face is healing up” Carly said forcing a smile as Pippa looked at her

“Steve must be in England by now,..he is so lucky” Carly said

“Yes” Pippa said forcing a smile. Even though Steve wasn’t her biological son, she loved him the same and she missed that he wasn’t home..just like she missed Frank

“Im going to go and let you get some rest…Ben called earlier” Pippa said as she got up from the bed

“Really? What did he say?” Carly said with excitement in her voice

“Just for you to call him” Pippa said and smiled then she left the room. Carly smiled to herself as she laid back on the bed. Ben calling her meant he had forgiven her for what she did…she loved him so much and she was happy that he still loved her..

Gibson Residence- Yabbie Creek

JulIe let the phone ring a few more times then she sighed and put the phone down. She hadn’t spoken to Nick in a while and she just tried again to call his house but there ws no answer. However,  he did say he was going to be busy at work when they last saw each other. Julie smiled as she remembered the romantic date they had on the beach…she couldn’t believe that a good looking guy would go to all that trouble for her.

“Wasting your time calling that bloke again” Jenny Gibson said as she walked into the living room and Julie sighed

“Im not wasting my time” Julie said then she rolled herself out of the living room, into her room and slammed the door shut. Jenny sighed…she knew how this was going to end...she could see it coming then she would be the one having to pick up the pieces...not again, she had enough. She was going to put an end to this once and for all…

Bennett Residence- Kent- UK

Steve opened his eye and looked around. He must’ve fell asleep. He was a bit tired. When they got to the house, he had some breakfast and mustve fell asleep straight after. Steve looked towards the window, it was getting dark outside but not really dark so it probably wasn’t too late. Steve got up from the bed and walked over to his suitcase, opened it and took out a sweater. He put it on then opened the door. The house was very big, probably had like 4 bedrooms or more. It sat on a lot of land and had a swimming pool. This house looked bigger than the house he lived in and was more modern. He had his own TV in the room he was in. Steve walked down the stairs trying to remember his way and followed the noise and ended up in the huge kitchen

“Did you have a good sleep” Donna said as Steve walked into the kitchen

“Yeah, thanks” Steve said as he looked around

“Steve” Steve turned around to see a man standing behind him. The man was taller than him and slightly bigger

“Jim, nice to meet you” Jim said with a stong British accent as he put his hand out

“Hi” Steve said and smiled and shook his hand, just as the dog circled Steve then sat near his feet

“I think he likes you” Donna said as she pointed at the dog. Steve smiled and bent doen and stroked the dog

“I was thinking, since its your first night here, how about we go out to eat?” Donna said

“Sure, I don’t mind” Steve said and shrugged his shoulders

“Well that’s settled, anything in particular you want? Chinese? Indian? Pizza? Jim said

“Pizza…if its alright or anything you want” Steve said

“Since you are the guest, we will have pizza” Jim said and smiled.

“And anything else you want…this is your home” Donna said and smiled….hoping that it would become his home permanently….

four days later

Stewart Sr/Ross Residence-Summer Bay

“How do you like the room?” Michael said as he looked around. He had painted the room and added a few touches to make it feel like home for Haydn

“Its ok” Haydn said and shrugged his shoulder

“I didn’t know what poster you would want so you can put any on the wall that you want…this is your home now” Michael said as he fixed a corner of a shelf on the wall

“Yes its your home” Celia said and smiled as Haydn gave her a mean look

“Ill just go and get the pie out of the oven” Celia said

“Don’t worry about that, we are going to go out and have a pizza” Michael said

“Yeah” Haydn said and smiled

“Oh you should have told me” Celia said disappointed, She was making a family dinner hoping this would be a new start

“Put it in the fridge, we can have it tomorrow or something…unpack your things then we can go and have that Pizza” Michael said as he smiled at Haydn. He was so happy to has his some with him…where he belonged. He was awarded full custody but Haydn had to go and visit is mother during the school holidays.

Celia walked into the kitchen, used her oven gloves to take out the shepards pie and put it on top if the stove and sighed. She was hoping this was going to be a fresh start

“I was thinking about that new Pizza place in Waldorf creek..I wonder if you have to make reservations, Ive driven past it a nd it always looks busy” Michael said as he picke dup the phone book

“Michael I do wish you told me you wanted to eat something else” Celia said

“It was a last minute decision. I want to do something to make Haydn feel at home, its his first night here

“Frank” Frank opened his eyes when he heard his name. He put his hand on his head, he had a headache. This morning, he woke up in a hotel room next to a woman he had never seen before, again with a note saying he lost money the night before. Now he owed Mr James $8000. Frank didn’t understand how he kept losing, he knew he was a good player, he just didn’t understand why he was losing now

“You finished those reports yet?” Andy said as he looked at Frank. When Frank first met Andy, they had a few things in common, mainly that they had both left their homes and travelled to New York to work at the Macklin Office and they both had high hopes of making it big. Roo wanted him to make an effort, maybe he should make that effort with Andy, maybe they could be friends. Frank looked down at the report on his desk, it was not finished. He sighed then he looked up at Andy

“No, its not finished, ill get it done before I leave” Frank said then he looked up at the clock on the wall. Andy sighed

“Too late the team from Europe is already here” Andy said then he walked out of the office and Frank sighed as he began to panic. This was supposed to guarantee Jerry recommending him for a promotion. If he had that promotion, that would be more money available to get Roo her dream house and prepare for their family. Frank got up and, walked out of his office and knocked on Jerrys door. Jerry was the assistant president and was pretty much in charge when Terry was out of town.

“Come in” Frank opened the door when he heard that and closed the door behind him

“Jerry, I am really sorry…the report is not ready” Frank said as Jerry put some documents in a file

“The Team from Europe is here…I am on my way to meet them…what do you expect me to say to them?” Jerry said as he stared at Frank

“I don’t know…maybe you can put them off for a while, the presentation isn’t until tomorrow, I can work now and all night, ill have it ready by the morning” Frank said as he looked at Jerry.

“Come in” Jerry said as he heard a knock on the door

“I finished the report” Andy said as he handed a file to Jerry

“Great, thanks” Jerry said and smiled at Andy who walked out of the office and closed the door

“The Macklin Cooperation need committed staff,  that’s why I asked Andy to complete a second report in case you couldn’t deliver and I am glad he did” Jerry said as he flicked through the report as Frank sighed. He and Andy were not friends but he never thought that Andy would stab him in the back. He had seen him every day this week and he never mentioned anything about working on the report.

“Im really sorry…I am committed,,,it will never happen again” Frank said as Jerry put the file in his briefcase

“Jerry…look, I hope this hasn’t jeopardized you recommending to Terry to think about giving me a promotion…see..my wife and I are starting a family soon, we need to buy a house” Frank said with pride in his voice

“Recommending you for a promotion? When did I say that?” Jerry said looking at Frank confused as he put his suit jacket on

“The other day, you said you would recommend to Terry to think about promoting me if I finished this report…ok, I didn’t finish it but I do work hard” Frank said

“You must be confused….I didn’t say that at all…anyway I have to go…don’t forget the entire team is working until the team leaves” Jerry said as he walked out of his office leaving Frank standing there in disbelief that Jerry had lied and Andy had stabbed him the back…

Bayside diner after dark- Summer Bay

Carly walked into the kitchen and put the plates in the sink as Grant closed the fridge door. Carly could sense him watching her, he probably knew that she lied about being attacked but she didn’t want to get Ben into trouble.   Grant walked over to the sink and began to wash the dishes as Carly walked out of the kitchen. Something didn’t make sense about Carlys attack. He saw he get into her boyfriend’s car and could see them driving off through his rear-view mirror then Bobby rushed out of the house saying she had to go to the hospital because Pippa called her, Carly had been attacked. Bobby walked out of the office. She had been studying for an exam she was going to have and for some reason found it easier to study at the diner instead of at home, this way she could be there to help out if they got really busy

“How’s the study coming along?” Grant said as Bobby opened the fridge and took some juice out

“ok” Bobby said and reached for a glass as Carly came into the kitchen with an order

“Ive been thinking, maybe we should get someone in for Friday and Saturday to do security” Bobby said

“Why?” Carly said confused

“I cant take any chances…especially after what happened to you..what if it happens to someone else leaving here” Bobby said as Grant looked at Carly

“Bobby, it was just a one off, ive never seen the guy around” Carly was interrupted

“I thought you said you never saw his face?” Bobby said

“I didn’t but we know everyone around here, I would have know if it was a local” Carly said as Bobby sighed

“Yeah I suppose…but we need to be careful…Ill ask Nick if he knows anyone who might want to work a couple of hours “ Bobby said

“I really don’t think that is necessary” Carly said

“Carly has a point, ther eis no need to waste money, maybe ask Nick if he can organize extra patrol that will definitely deter anyone” Grant said as he looked at Carly

“Yeah, that is a good idea, they do it for the resort and have checks ins, I will speak to Sgt Barnett and see if something can be organize….good thinking Sherlock” Bobby said and smiled then she walked into the office as Grant looked at Carly…

Chapter 313

Bennett Residence- Kent- UK

Steve folded the last of the new shirts that Donna had brought for him and put it into his suitcase. He then looked in the corner at the few things he was able to get for his family. He didn’t bring much money with him and things were expensive, so he was only able to get something for Pippa, Sally and Christopher. Crumble the dog jumped up onto the bed and sat down next to Steve's suitcase. Steve smiled and stroked him. Crumble had become his new friend, wanting to go everywhere with him.

“Come in” Steve said as he heard the knock on the door

“Looks like you are all packed up” Donna said with a smile then she looked at Crumble and walked over to the bed and sat next to him. She stroked him then kissed his head

“I think someone is going to miss you” Donna said as she looked at Steve

“Yeah, Im going to miss him too” Steve said

“I hope you have had a good time” Donna said

“Yeah the best, England is great” Steve said. He really did enjoy himself. His aunt kept her promise, she took him all around London, to see all the sights including Buckingham Palace, they took a lot of photos and ate all the food he wanted. She brought him anything he wanted. He heard many stories about his mum when she was younger and his aunt gave him so many pictures that he had never seen before. In a way, being with her made him feel like he was really with his mum…but now it was time to go home. Donna looked at Steve…it had been so good having him with her..looking after him. Her and Jim tried for many years to have their own children..the worst thing was looking into Jims eyes and seeing the hurt every time she failed. When her sister died, it broke her heart…what hurt the most was her own selfishness had kept her away and the time she needed to be there..to say goodbye to her sister, she had a car accident. Now it was time for her to make it up to her sister..maybe also make it up to Jim. She had seen the way Jim was around Steve…he enjoyed having a boy…a son in the house.

“Steve..I want to tell you something…sit down” Donna said and Steve put his suitcase on the floor and sat next to Donna

“I should’ve told you this and I am sorry for lying. About a year before the accident, your mum and I fell out…it was over something stupid..something that I cant even remember. The guilt hurt for a long time until I was looking at some old photos of you as a baby. I always assumed that your dads family took care of you…that you didn’t need me but I always had something in the back of my mind saying no, I should look for you and I did. It took some time, I traveled to Australia a few times and eventually I hired a detective to look for you” Donna paused and she looked at Steve. She was searching for a reaction on his face but didn't see one

“My Uncle Phil, dads brother kept in touch but he was a student, but when he finished, he came to live in Summer Bay for a while…until he was killed in a fire” Steve said

“Im so sorry” Donna said and she put her hand on Steves

“What I am trying to say is that I feel I owe it up to my sister to take care of you…I know we have spoken about it, but I would really hope you would seriously consider coming to live here with me…your family..you don’t have to make a decision now, but can you promise me that you will think about it?” Donna said as she looked at Steve. He smiled and nodded

“Ok” Steve said

“Thank you” Donna said and she leaned forward and hugged him as a tear rolled down her cheek.

Background music ends

Bayside Diner- Summer Bay

Bobby parked her car and yawned. She just took her last test and was now on holiday for a week. It wasn’t going to be much of a holiday because she had three catering jobs , some admin work to catch up on in the resort and she had to look over some reports that Mr Papadopoulos her business partner in Adelaide sent her about expanding the shop. keeping busy kept her mind off the fact that she was lonely. Bobby sighed then she got out of the car and noticed Nick walking.

“Nick” Bobby shouted and Nick turned around and stopped walking and waited for Bobby to get to him

“G’day” Nick said

“Hi..I was wondering if I can ask you a favour. I was going to ask Sgt Barnett but Ive just been so busy

“Yeah, what is it?” Nick said

“I was wondering if there is any way we could get some extra parole and maybe a check in especially on Friday and Saturday night. After what happened to Carly, I don’t want to take that chance happening again” Bobby said

“Good idea, how is Carly?” Nick said

“Well shes ok…but something like this happened a few years ago, so I am sure she is still shaken up

“I can imagine…I don’t think the extra patrol should be a problem, we have the check ins at the resort, Ill add the diner to the schedule” Nick said

“Thank you” Bobby said and smiled

“No worries…ill see you later” Nick said and turned around

“Hey, what happened with the girl you were seeing?” Bobby said and Nick sighed

“Do you want to sit down” Bobby said and Nick nodded and they walked the short distance to the chairs outside the diner and sat down

“I really like her.but.” Nick said then he stopped talking

“But what?” Bobby said

“She’s in a wheelchair” Nick said in a whisper

“But you knew that before you asked her out” Bobby said

“Yeah I know, but there is so much responsibility with that” Nick said

“Isnt that like all relationships?” Bobby said

“Yeah I know but its different..the other day we had a picnic on the beach but I had to put her in the car first then go back and  get the things ” Nick said

“So you had to do double the work…that is a small sacrifice when you really like someone” Bobby said and sighed…she remembered the big sacrifice she made for Frank..giving up what she wanted to do, to make him happy

“I don’t know if I can do all of that…ive kind of ignored her because I don’t know what to say” Nick said

“maybe you should tell he how you feel, the worst thing you can do is make someone believe you have a future and you don’t..its not fair” Bobby said and sighed then Nick sighed

“I don’t want to break her heart” Nick said

“Well, from the sounds of it, you are already doing that” Bobby said and Nick looked up at her

“I better get going” Bobby said and got up

“thanks for the chat” Nick said and Bobby smiled then walked away. Nick watched Bobby walk away, she was right, it was a small sacrifice he was making, he really liked Julie even though they had known each other a short time, she was everything he wanted in a woman…she was funny, smart, pretty…but she was in a chair. Nick sighed…Bobby was right, he had to have the guts to tell her something…

Bobby walked into the kitchen and yawned again

“How was uni?” Ailsa said as she wiped her hands

“The exam went well, I think I did ok” Bobby said

“Ok? You probably got the best marks in the class” Ailsa said and smiled

“I hope so, this accelerated program is really hard work” Bobby said

“I know you can do it love…not long now” Ailsa said and Bobby walked towards the office

“So how are you spending the week off?” Ailsa said as she stood by the office door

“Three catering jobs a backload of admin at the sands and I have to go over some reports with Mr Poppadopolous” Bobby said

“Why don’t you go on holiday or something…go and see Narelle in the city” Ailsa said

“I cant, I have so much to do” Bobby said and she sat down at the desk

“Bobby you have to make some time for a private life” Ailsa said and Bobby rolled her eyes

“No lectures please” Bobby said and Ailsa shook her head and turned around

“Oh I nearly forgot” Ailsa said then she turned around

“I got a letter this morning  from the fostering department, they are sending someone to interview me for your reference” Ailsa said and Bobby felt her heart skip

“Dead set?” Bobby said with excitement in her voice

“Yes, the person will be here next week..I guess they will be contacting Pippa soon” Ailsa said

“Why didn’t they send me a letter? I thought they would want to see me too” Bobby said confused

“Well I just got my letter this morning..maybe your letter is at home” Ailsa said

“I think ill go home and check after I finish the accounts…Ailsa, I really want this” Bobby said

“I know you do love…I promise, Ill give you a sparkling reference” Ailsa smiled then she walked out of the office and closed the door. Bobby put her hand over her heart and closed her eyes. For the first time in a long time she felt a bit of hope It wasn’t a guarantee that she was going to be approved but it was a first step. Bobby smiled to herself..maybe just maybe things were going to get better for her..

Background music ends

Stewart/Ross Residence-Summer Bay

Celia opened the door to hear music blasting loudly from Haydns room. She sighed. He had only been here for one day and was already being rude and doing what he wants. Celia walked into the kitchen and put her bags down then she walked towards his room with one bag and knocked the door. She knocked a few times then she knocked louder a few times and eventually Hayden came to the door

“Haydn can you please turn the music down. It is entirely too loud” Celia said and Haydn just stared at her. I also got you your uniform for your new school” Celia said proudly and she opened the bag and took out a shirt and tie and showed it to Haydn. Haydn looked down at the shirt and tie then at Celia then he slammed his bedroom door. He didn’t so what she asked, the music was still loud which annoyed Celia. She banged on the door then she opened the door. Haydn looked at her shocked

“I SAID THE MUSIC IS TOO LOUD” Celia said then she walked over to the stereo and turned the music off then exhaled and walked out of the room. Haydn smiled to himself as she closed the door. Celia smiled to herself, she felt proud. It was her house and she was going to be respected.

Stewart Shop- Summer Bay

Bobby walked into the shop and ran her hands threw her hair, she picked up a basket and began getting a few things that she needed

“G’day” Bobby looked up to see Alf appear from around the corner

“Hi” Bobby said and she continued to fill her basket. Things were still awkward with Alf. As she walked over to the shampoo section, she could feel him watching her. Bobby picked the conditioner she wanted then walked over to the counter and put her basket down.

“Ailsa told me about this fostering thing, someone is coming to see her next week” Alf said as he totaled the thing in the basket and put them in bag

“Yeah, she told me” Bobby said as she took some money out of her pocket

“Youre really young to be doing all this” Alf said and Bobby looked at him

“Is that what you said to Roo when she got pregnant with Martha?” Bobby said

“That was different…anyway look how that turned out” Alf said as Bobby looked at him

“Ails and I think you have your whole life ahead of you and shouldn’t tie yourself down” Alf said

“How much do I owe you?” Bobby said not looking at Alf. She couldn’t believe that Ailsa was two faced…saying she wanted to help but behind her back, saying something different to Alf

“$15.65” Alf said as he looked at Bobby count the money

“What if you meet some good looking bloke…the man of your dreams and he wants to whisk you away to another country…you cant do that with kids” Alf said

“Things like that don’t happen to me… do they?…keep the change” Bobby said as she shook her head and she put $16 on the counter, picked up her bag and walked out. Alf sighed as he watched her go. He knew that Ailsa was going to be annoyed that he said anything …he didn’t even know why he said anything to Bobby, their relationship was strained enough as it is

Phone ringing

“G’day Stewart shop” Alf said when he picked up the phone then he smiled

“We still on for tonight…I cant wait…when are the kids getting back…really…so we can have the house to ourselves…strewth take it easy on my back love” Alf said and smiled then he sat down as he listened to the voice of the woman he loved…

Nick walked into the police station and around the counter. He picked up a clip board and signed his name

“Oh Nick, you have a visitor” One of his colleagues said and pointed. Nick looked in the direction that his colleague was pointing in to see a familiar face sitting down waiting for him…Julies mum…

Chapter 314

Simpson Residence- Summer Bay

Bobby took out the racks from inside the oven and put them on the side. She bent down and began to clean the inside of the cooker. She scrubbed it until it was clean

“You cleaning the oven again?” Grant said as he walked inside the kitchen. He noticed that all the plates and cup where on the counter and not in the cupboards.

“Oh hi, I didn’t know you were home” Bobby said and she got up and put the racks back in the oven

“Yeah, I went for a surf early and thought I would get forty winks before tonight” Grant said and he looked around

“I got a letter today, I have my first interview for the fostering application on Wednesday” Bobby said

“Now I know why you are cleaning..” Grant said. He noticed that when Bobby had something on her mind, she always cleaned the house

“Yeah…sort of..I want the place to be nice when the social worker comes” Bobby said

“How do you feel?” Grant said

“I am excited, but I don’t want to get my hopes up…just in case they wont accept my application” Bobby said

“you own your own home, business and you are a success story of fostering.. I think they would be foolish not to accept your application…” Grant said

“There is something “ Bobby said

“What?” Grant said confused and Bobby sighed

“I really don’t want to bring this up but…I guess I have to.. I didn’t disclose on the form that you live here…I thought they might do a check and find out about what happened to you and disqualify my” Bobby said

“And now you want me to move?” Grant said

“This isn’t fair to you because this is your home” Bobby said

“I know….but I know how important this is for you…look, you have done so much for me already…the least I can do is find somewhere else to live so I don’t screw this up for you” Grant said and smiled. He really meant it. Bobby was one of his best mates, she helped him when no one else would

“Thank you…maybe just until after the social worker comes on Wednesday..there is no guarantee that they will approve my application anyway” Bobby said

“No worries” Grant said and smiled at Bobby. She felt guilty but she really wanted this

“Oh by the way, I spoke to Nick and he said the extra patrol and check in shouldn’t be a problem” Bobby said as she stood on a step ladder and began to put the plates into the cupboards.

“Did he say anything about the guy who attacked Carly? Are there any leads?” Grant said and he put his vest on. Something didn’t make sense about the attack to him

“No he didn’t say. Hopefully whoever did it is long gone by now” Bobby said

“Please make sure you give her a lift home tonight” Bobby said

“Sure…Im going to take a shower and get ready for tonight” Grant said as he walked towards the bathroom and thought more about how Carlys story didn’t add up..

“Can I get you a coffee or something?” Nick said

“No, I wont be staying long” Jenny Gibson said as she looked around the small room they were seated in

“What can I do for you?” Nick said

“I think you know why I am here, so there is no point wasting time” Jenny said and she sighed

“My daughter is a nice girl..you are not the first man to be interested in her but after a short while..you realize that there is a big commitment involved…everything takes twice as long…the apologies when her chair knocks something over and the constant moving of furniture to accommodate her” Julie said and she looked at Nick, she could see in his eyes that he knew what she was saying was true." In the end you struggle with how you feel…one voice in you head tells you to go for it…the other voice in your head tells you its not worth the hassle and eventually you decide that the second voice is true..its not worth the hassle…then what happens next is I have to pick up the pieces of a broken heart. You seem like a nice man…you can probably have any woman you want…but my Julie…see she cant be what you want…she will never be what you want…so I am here, as a mother to plead with you…do the right thing…stay away from her..if you care at all about her, you wouldn’t want to see her hurt..leave her be…it’s the best thing for everyone” Julie said as she looked at Nick. He didn’t know how to respond. She was reading his mind like a book

“Anyway, I must be getting back…I hope you understand and will honour my request to stay away from my daughter” Jenny said then she slowly got up and walked to the door then turned around “You don’t need to phone…Julie will eventually understand” Jenny said then she turned around and walked out of the room. Nick sighed and was somewhat relieved. Julies mum made the decision easier for him but he still felt conflicted about the way he felt…but anyway…like Julies mum said…maybe it was for the best. Nick sighed then he stood up and walked out of the room…

Background music end

Stewart/Ross Residence- Summer Bay

“Did you and Haydn have a good time?” Celia said as Michael walked into the bedroom. Haydn wanted a new video game so Michael took him to the Yabbie creek and out for a burger. Michael looked at Celia then ignored her and took off his shirt

“Michael, is there something wrong?” Celia said

“If you have a problem with my son, talk to me about it” Michael said as he bent down to take off his shoes

“I don’t understand what you mean?” Celia said confused

“Haydn told me how you shouted at him today…this is supposed to be his home but you are not making him feel welcome” Michael said

“All I asked him to do was turn the music down…it was entirely too loud” Celia said

“But you didn’t have to shout at him to do it, he isn’t deaf…he feels like you don’t like him” Michael said

“But I do..” Celia said

“You have a way of showing it” Michael said then he got into bed and turned his bedside light off. Celia sat up in bed staring at the door, thinking of a way to make it up to Haydn while Haydn smiled to himself as he quietly snuck back into his bedroom after eaves dropping on his father and Celia.

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“Here you go, safely home” Grant said as he parked the car

“Thanks” Carly said. For some reason there was an awkwardness between them

“Bobby said that she spoke to Nick and he is going to organize the extra patrol and have someone check in” Grant said

“Did he, that’s great” Carly said

“Did the police give you any updates…did they catch the guy?” Grant said

“No..but like I said, he isn’t a local and is probably long gone by now” Carly said

“I hope so…I would hate to see you or anyone else get hurt...again” Grant said and he looked at Carly

“Thanks for the lift…night” Carly said and she smiled awkwardly and got out of the car. Grant watched as she walked to the door. She turned around and looked at him then put her key in the door, let herself in and closed the door. Grant sighed then he started the engine and drove away..

Chapter 315

Stewart/Ross Residence- Summer Bay

“Here you go Haydn, I made you some tuna sandwiches for lunch and there is an apple and some juice in there too” Celia said as Haydn walked into the kitchen. She felt bad after Michael said she wasn’t making Haydn feel at home so she woke up early to make him some sandwiches like a real mother would. Celia gave Haydn the lunch box and smiled. He looked at it then walked over to the bin and put it in as Celia watched in shock.

“Already for school?” Michael said as he walked into the kitchen

“I need some lunch money Dad” Haydn said

“Sure” Michael said and took $5 dollars from his pocket and gave it to Haydn

“Thanks” Haydn said

“Go get your bag, ill give you a lift to school” Michael said with a smile and Haydn walked out of the kitchen

“Don’t worry about dinner for us, Haydn is coming to the boat shed after school then we are going to get a burger after” Michael said

“Oh…ok…” Celia said as she felt disappointed. She knew that Michael was still upset about her shouting at Haydn

Haydn opened the zip inside his backpack and added the $5 his father gave him to the $10 he took from Celia’s bag last night. He zipped the pocked and picked up his bag

“Im ready” Haydn said then he walked towards the front door

“Have a good day” Celia said as she followed behind Michael. Neither Michael or Haydn responded. Celia stood by the door as she watched then get into Michael's truck and drive away. As she stood watching them….feeling like a stranger.

High School- Summer Bay

“Hi Steve, when did you get back?” Sandra said as she walked over to him. He was standing near the lockers

“Last night” Steve said as he took a folder out of his locker

“I went to see Viv, she says Hi” Sandra said

“When did you go?” Steve said

“A few days ago, only for the day though. So what is England like? Did you have a good time?” Sandra said

“Yeah, my aunt lives in a really big house, I had my own room and everything” Steve said

“What did you do? Did you go to Buckingham palace?” Sandra

“Yeah, took lots of pictures, my aunt said she will send them to me” Steve said

“Did you bring anything back for me?” Steve turned around to see Karen and two other girls standing behind him

“Steve looked at her then he looked at Sandra “Ill see you in class” Steve said then he closed his locker and walked away. Sandra looked at Karen then she turned around and opened her locker. She put her bag in her locker and took out her folder. When she turned around Karen was looking at her

“What do you want?” Sandra said

“I didn’t say I wanted anything four eyes” Karen said and she started laughing, the other two girls began to laugh as well. As Sandra tried to move, Karen blocked her way

“Leave her alone” Karen turned around to see Craig standing behind her

“What are you going to do about it?” Karen said and she smiled at Craig.

“Just leave her alone ok” Craig said he knew he was taking a risk because Karen still knew his secret. Karen smiled then she walked up to Craig

“I want my money tomorrow” Karen whispered in Craig’s ear then she smiled at him and walked away

“Thanks” Sandra said when her and Craig were alone. “What did she whisper in you ear?” Sandra said

“Nothing, it doesn’t matter..lets go to class” Craig said as Sandra curiously walked behind him

Macklin Corporation- New York

Frank put the phone down and sighed. He was trying to apologize to Roo, but she was still annoyed with him. She didn’t understand why he had to work over the weekend or why he didn’t come home last night. Even though he tried to explain to her that the Europe team were in the US, she was still annoyed and referred back to the time that Frank was annoyed with her for working on the weekends. Frank left out one detail. After the meeting with the Europe team last night, he went over to Chelsea Piers and had a card game..he woke up again in a hotel room with a woman he didn’t know. Frank picked up the cup of coffee on his desk and stared into it. With Bobby It wasn’t cheating..they had a different relationship, but now..now he felt guilty because he didn’t know how it was happening. On top of that, he was now $10,000 in debt. $10,000 was all the money in had in his savings account. This was going towards the deposit of the house. Frank sighed. Every time he thought about it, it didn’t make sense. He knew he was a good card player and was winning every night up until recently. He had to pay back Mr James, but he didn’t want to let Roo down. Frank sighed and rested his head on the back on his chair. He was tired and had a headache.

Phone ringing

Frank leaned forward and picked up the phone

“Frank Morgan speaking…ok…right now?...im on my way” Frank said then he put the phone down. It was Terry’s assistant, she said Terry wanted to see him. Frank picked up the coffee cup and drank what was left, put the cup down and walked out of his office. As he walked the short distance to Terrys office, he looked around. As he looked around, he saw Andy. He was going to confront Andy about what he did but he didn’t see the point…maybe he would have done the same in his position. Frank also walked passed Jerry's office, he was engaged in conversation and didn’t see Frank looking at him. Frank remembered Jerry saying that he didn’t say that he was going to recommend him for promotion. Frank sighed when he got to Terry's office. The door was open and Terry was on the phone. Frank knocked lightly and Terry looked up at him and indicated he should come in and close the door. Frank followed the instruction then he followed as Terry indicated that he should have a seat. Frank sat down and waited a short while for Terry to finish his conversation and put the phone down

“Sorry about that, just liaising with our Asian office” Terry said and smiled

“Do you want a coffee or something?” Terry said

“No, thanks” Frank said

“How are you getting on Frank, its been a while since we sat down and spoke” Terry said

“Yeah, fine everything is going ok…” Frank said as he looked at Terry. He didn’t know if he should bring up the late report or not

“There are a few things that have been brought to my attention and I wanted to take this opportunity to find out how you are feeling and if you were still enjoying the job” Terry said and smiled. He liked Frank, he thought he was a hard worker so was very surprised that things had changed

“I want to apologize for not getting the report in for the Europe team” Frank said

“Fortunately Andy was able to get that done” Tery said

“Yeah, I owe him one” Frank said

“It was also brought to my attention that you have been late to work lately, smelling of alcohol and not paying attention to the details of your work” Terry said. Frank looked at him

“Is there something going on? Maybe a problem at home? Anything I can help you with?” Terry said. He was genuinely concerned for Frank. Frank stared at him…he wished he could tell him that he missed home…that he wanted a family but for some reason his wife wasn’t getting pregnant…he wished he could tell him that he was $10,000 in debt because he had been gambling…he wished he could tell him all of that

“No, everything is fine…Im sorry about what has been happening lately..It wont happen again” Frank said

“Good to hear…you have a promising career in this company and I would hate to see you waste it” Terry said

“Thanks” Frank said

“If there is ever anything I can do to help you, my door is always open” Terry said

“Thanks…I better get on” Frank said and he faked a smile and got up and walked out of the office and to his. When Frank got into his office he sighed. At least he wasn’t losing his job but he still had this debt he had to pay…he didn’t know how he was going to do it, but nothing was going to stop him from getting the house before the baby comes..

Two days later

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“No, im alright” Steve said as Pippa was giving him money for a school trip

“Is the school finally making the trips free?” Pippa said and smiled

“No, my aunt gave me some money that’s all” Steve said and he was right

“I really should call and thank your aunt, she bought you all these new clothes, a laptop computer and she gave you money” Pippa said trying to mask the fact that she was jealous that she couldn’t do the same

“Anyway im going to be late for school…ill see you later” Steve said

“Wait a minute, don’t forget your lunch” Pippa said

“Ill get something from the diner…come on Sal” Steve said

“Bye Pippa” Sally said and she kissed Pippa on the cheek and followed Steve out of the house and Pippa sighed

“G’day Mrs Fletcher” Pippa looked up to see Grant at the door

“Hello Grant” Pippa said

“Do you mind if I make a call?” Grant said

“Sure, help yourself” Pippa said and Grant smiled and walked into the house

“What time is the social worker coming?” Grant said

“At 10” Pippa said

“Bobby must be a bag of nerves..im going to go over there later” Grant said and he walked over to the phone

“You should have seen her, she cleaned everything in the house. Sandra said Viv and Tammy are doing ok, sounds like things are working out for them at home…I really miss them” Grant said and Pippa didn’t respond

“Mrs F” Grant said and Pippa didn’t respond

“Mrs F  Pippa jumped when she heard her name “Sorry did you say something?” Pippa said

“Is everything alright?” Grant said confused

“Yes fine, sorry, did you say something?” Pippa said and smiled

“I was just saying that I am going to go and see Bobby later before the social worker goes over” Grant said and Carly came downstairs

“Im just going to the wholesaler” Carly said

“If you hang on, I can go with you” Carly turned around to see Grant on the phone

“No, im alright..see you later” Carly said and she walked out of the house as Grant watched her..

Smart Residence- The City

Narelle dragged herself out of the bed as the phone rang

“Hello” She said with a croaky voice once she picked the receiver up

“Narelle, you’re supposed to be here” Matt said and Narelle closed her eyes and sighed. She loked at the clock on the wall, she was over two hours late for work.

“Im sorry Matt, I wasn’t feeling too good last night and took some medicine to sleep..I think I slept too much” Narelle said

“Well you sound awful…don’t worry, you stay in, ill see you tomorrow” Matt said

“Thanks..Matt..sorry” Narelle said then she put the phone down and sighed. Narelle walked into the bathroom and looked at herself in the mirror. She couldn’t recognize herself. Her skin was all blotchy and her hair looked messy. Narelle sighed. She knew why she looked this way..she knew that using the cocaine was not good. Narelle pulled her hair hair up and secured it in place with a hair band and examined her face. Her nose was red and she felt like she had a cold. Narelle sighed. She didn’t want to look like this anymore…she was going to talk to Jeff…maybe they could stop together since they were in love..

Samuels Residence- Summer Bay

Jeff snorted the last line of cocaine on the mirror and wiped his nose. He could feel it going down the back of his throat as the euphoric feeling set in. He closed his eye as his body floated.

. Narelle smiled to herself as she looked in the mirror…she really loved Jeff, the last 6 months with him had been magical. She never thought she would find someone like him and she was glad that she did. He was perfect in every way..and she was going to be perfect for him..

“I think that will be all for now” Ms Rose the social worker said to Ailsa as she looked at the notes she had made during their conversation.

“You sure there isn’t anything else you want to ask me about Bob, I mean Roberta?” Ailsa said

“No, nothing comes to mind right now. I have all  the information I need from you and Mrs Fletcher” Ms Rose said

“LOVE, ILL PUT THE BOXES IN THE KITCHEN” Alf shouted then he walked into the living room

“This is my husband, Alf..this is Ms Rose, the social worker here to interview me about Bobby” Ailsa said as Ms Rose stood up and Alf shook her hand

“So, youre here to find out about Bobby?” Alf said

“Yes, your wife has given me all the information I need…if you would excuse me, I have another appointment” Ms Rose said as she grabbed her bag

“Isnt Bobby a bit too young for all of this?” Alf said and Ailsa gave him a look

“Well, we accept foster applicants over the age of 18” Ms Rose said

“But don’t you have to be married for that sort of thing..my wife and I went through the process, we even foster Bobby for a little while and we have a foster daughter now” Alf said

“Well the system has changed allowing applicants to be single or married. We are mostly concerned with who can give a child a loving home” Ms Rose said

“Yeah, but is it wise to you know approve someone like Bobby?” Alf said

“Mr Stewart, is there something you need to tell me about Ms Simpson?” Ms Rose said and Alf looked at Ailsa who was giving him a mean look. She couldn’t believe what Alf was saying

“If you ask me, shes too young to be tied down when she has her whole life ahead of her” Alf said

“Well, Ill take that into consideration…good day…ill let myself out” Ms Rose said and she smile and walked towards the front door and let herself out of the house. Ailsa watched the door close then she looked at Alf

“You couldn’t help yourself, could you?” Ailsa said

“What do you mean?” Alf said

“You know what I mean Alf…why did you have to say anything?” Alf said

“Give it a rest love, the other day you were just saying the same” Alf said

“I know what I said but, I think fostering a child will really benefit Bobby” Ailsa said

“The girl doesn’t know whether she is coming or going, cant keep a bloke to save her life and looks like she lives on the streets..is that someone who should be fostering kids…she couldn’t even keep her own kid” Alf said and Ailsa looked at him in shock

“Sometimes I don’t think I know you Alf Stewart…if you have ruined this for Bobby, I will never forgive you” Ailsa said with a disappointed tone and walked into the bedroom and slammed the door as Alf walked over to the desk and picked up a photo of Roo and smiled.

Simpson Residence- Summer Bay

Bobby looked at the time, the social worker would be arriving soon. She closed the text book and put it into her bag and under the table. She looked around the house, it was nice and clean. Bobby walked into the downstairs bathroom and looked at herself. Her hair had grown and was long enough to tie back in a ponytail with the front fringe. Bobby opted to wear black jeans, a black top and her black and white striped cardigan. She wore a little gloss on her lips and sprayed a small amount of the Lily Rose perfume she took from her grandmas house. Bobby walked out of the bathroom, she was nervous and excited. This was her chance to be a mother again.

Knock at the door

The social worker is early Bobby thought to herself and she exhaled then walked towards the front door and opened it

“Oh, hello Bobby” Donald said

“Dad, what are you doing here?” Bobby said and she walked into the house. Her and her Dad still had a strained relationship

“I was just on my way back to school and I saw your car outside. I thought you went to university on Wednesdays” Donald said and Bobby sighed

“Someone told you that the social worker is coming today” Bobby said as she looked at Donald

“Well…yes…Alf did mention it yesterday” Donald said

“I am sure he did” Bobby said

“So how long will this whole process take?” Donald said

“I will find out when the social worker gets here” Bobby said as she stared at Donald

“Dad, just say your peace and go, the social worker will be here soon” Bobby said

“Ok, fine but I assure you that you wont like it…Bobby you are too young for all of this” Donald said and Bobby turned her back to him

“I know that you are probably feeling sad because you lost your baby…but that doesn’t mean you should throw the rest of your life away” Donald said and Bobby turned around

“I am not throwing my life away…many women have children and careers” Bobby said

“They also have husbands” Donald said’

“I will make it work” Bobby said

“Rubbish, how are you going to look after a child, work full time and go to university?” Donald said

“Dad, ill find a way..if that is all you have to say, you can leave” Bobby said and she walked towards the door and opened it

“No that is not all, when are you going to wake up? You get these silly ideas in your head and you don’t think them through, you ruin your life and the rest of us have to pick up the pieces” Donald was interrupted

“I NEVER ASKED YOU TO PICK UP ANY PIECES” Bobby said

“Nonsense, Frank, Danny..you are constantly making a mess of your life..Someone needs to make decisions for you since you can’t make them for yourself…I will not allow this” Donald said

“ ITS MY LIFE…YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO MAKE ANY DECISIONS FOR ME….NOTHING I DO IS EVER GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU IS IT? GET OUT..JUST GET OUT” Bobby said

“Excuse me”

“WHAT?” Bobby said and turned to see a woman at the door

“I am Ms Rose, social worker with the department, I am looking for Roberta Simpson” Ms Rose said and Bobby sighed….

On 19/09/2019 at 03:47, Red Ranger 1 said:

Ooh at Narelle: Jeff really hasn't been good for her. Since when was Alf so anti-Bobby? Frank's in a hole but won't stop digging. Sandra wears glasses here?

Alf is still a bit bitter about Bobby and Frank dancing at the cocktail party last year. In addition, he genuinely doesn't think that Bobby is old enough to foster

Thank you for reading....

Chapter 316

Beach- Summer Bay

Bobby walked alone the beach. She didn’t know how long she has been walking then she stopped walking and sat down. She looked out into the water. It was still…calm and the sun was beginning to set. Bobby signed

Background music- Frank and Bobby’s theme

Flashback

Bobby- Would you like some more tea Ms Rose

Ms Rose- No thank you, I should get going

Bobby- Do you need any other information?

Ms Rose- No, I have all that I need, thank you

Bobby- So what is the next step?

Ms- I will take my findings to the decision panel and you will be informed of the outcome in a few weeks

Bobby- Ms Rose…what happened earlier, will that have an effect on my application

Ms Rose- Ill be honest with you Roberta, it wasn’t something I was expecting

Bobby- It was just a one off, you know, fathers and daughters often get into arguments

Ms Rose- It wasn’t the fact that you were having an argument with your father, my concern is, will you show that level of anger if a child is placed in your home?

Bobby- I wont, it was just a silly disagreement…that will never happen again. I really want this Ms Rose

Ms Rose- You will be hearing from the decision panel in a few weeks…good day to you

Flashback ends

Bobby stared at the water as a tear ran down her cheek then she shook her head in disbelief.

Once again, an opportunity for happiness was taken away from her. Frank..Thomas and now an opportunity to foster.She took the day off from Uni, tided the house and got everything ready for the interview and it ended up being a waste of time, just like everything in her life. Bobby wiped her cheek with her sleeve, deeply inhaled then exhaled as more tears ran down her cheeks. She failed again..one more thing for people Summer Bay to laugh at.

“its not over”

Bobby turned around, she thought she heard someone behind her. There was nobody there. She looked at her watch, wiped her face again and stood up. She was going to stay at Narelles tonight then go to Uni from there…she didn’t want to stay in Summer Bay tonight..to be reminded once again that she is a failure..

Background music ends

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“No…I have not heard from her…I am hoping that everything went well” Pippa said

“I will say a prayer for her” Reverend Jones said

“Thank you” Pippa said

“The house sounds quiet tonight” Reverend Jones said

“Sally is upstairs, Carly just left for work, and Steve is not back from his school trip, so its just me and Mr Christopher and he is playing with the toy Frank sent him” Pippa said

“Did Steve have a good time in England?” Reverend Jones said

“Yes, he did…his aunt will be sending the photos, so I assume he will show them to you when they get here” Pippa said with a sigh

“Is there something wrong?” Reverend Jones said

“No, nothing is wrong” Pippa said

“Philippa” Reverend Jones said

“Alex” Pippa said and laughed “I promise, everything is fine” Pippa said as she tried to sound convincing

How are Viv and Tammy? Steve mentioned that Sandra went to see them” Pippa said

“Well, I don’t know much, I don’t see the girls or their mother around town much, and they attend church in Fern Bay which is about 30 minutes drive, John Newton is the reverend there” Reverend Jones said

“Oh, well I hope they are well” Pippa said

“I have a meeting to go to, can I call you tomorrow?” Reverend Jones said

“Yes, I would like that” Pippa said and smiled

“Till tomorrow..goodnight” Reverend Jones said

“Good night” Pippa said and smiled then she put the phone down then her smile disappeared as she took an envelope from her apron pocket. It was for the phone bill. Pippa sighed as she thought about how she was going to pay for the bill before the line was disconnected.

Newton Residence- Newcastle

Tammy carefully set the table as Viv mashed the potatoes. Since they had been home, their mother wasn’t angry like before. Maybe because their father was home but things were still tense. Viv put some butter in the potatoes and continued to mash they she immediately looked up when she heard a crash. She walked over to the table, Tammy was in shock that she dropped the plate on the floor and bent down immediately to pick it up

“What happened?” Angela said as she came into the kitchen

“I I I am sorry, I just dropped the plate” Tammy said as she stood up with the broke plate in her hand

“It was an accident” Viv said as she looked at her mother. Angela looked at Viv then she looked at Tammy, she could feel herself getting angry, just like she did whenever her daughters made a mistake

“Never mind, it was only an accident..ill take those, you finish setting the table” Angela said as she faked a smiled. Tammy looked up at her then gave her the broken plate

“What is going on?” Reverend Newton said as he walked into the kitchen

“Oh nothing, we just had an accident with the plate, that’s all…dinner is ready, lets sit down to eat” Angela said with a smile as Reverend Newton looked at his daughters. He could also the tension in the house but he prayed daily for his wife that she would change but deep down he knew that it was only a matter of time before she changed again…

Lawrence Residence- Summer Bay

Debra poured the spaghetti onto the three plates as the front door to the house closed and Karen wondered out of her room and sat down at the table

“Sorry, I am late…Mr Stewart is teaching me how to do the wholesale orders” Blake said. Debra smiled to herself, anytime Blake said he was doing something with Alf, it made her happy.

“He is such a dag…how can you work at that shop” Karen said and she rolled her eyes

“Hes alright, he is taking me fishing on Sunday” Blake said

“Why?” Karen said

“He asked me and I said yes” Blake said and shrugged his shoulders

“You didn’t say yes when dad asked you” Karen said

“I didn’t want to go then” Blake said annoyed

“Alright that’s enough” Karen, come and get this plates and put them on the table

“Why should I do it because I am a girl?” Karen said annoyed and got up

“Just do it” Debra said between clenched teeth and Karen got up immediately and followed her mothers instructions.

“Is it alright if I go fishing with Mr Stewart on Sunday?” Blake said as Karen put the plate in front of him and gave him a mean look

“Yes of course it is” Debra said and she sat down at the table. Maybe I might join you” Debra said

“I didn’t know you like fishing” Blake said surprised

“I used to fish a lot with my dad when I was a little girl” Debra said

“Im going to Dads this weekend” Karen said and she sat down

“You were there all last week…you will come fishing with us” Debra said

“Why? I don’t even like Alf Stewart..im going to Dads” Karen said and crossed her arms

“You will do as you are told…you will be going fishing with us…as a family” Debra sad through clenched teeth

“I didn’t know that Mr Stewart was related to us” Blake said confused and Debra immediately realized what she said

“He isn’t…family as in the three of us” Debra said hoping that she cleared up her mistake

“Its not fair” Karen said

“Just eat your dinner” Debra said as she stared at Karen then she put some of the spaghetti in her mouth and smiled to herself. On Sunday, she was going to have a nice day out..with her family and she couldn’t wait…just like she couldn’t wait for Alf to come over tonight…

Alf ate the chicken salad on his plate. Since his heart attack, Ailsa had been cooking healthier meals and he had been enjoying it. He had definitely lost weight because he was climbing in and out of Debras window with less trouble. Alf looked at Ailsa, she hadn’t said much to him this evening not after his comments to the social worker

“I said I was sorry”  Alf said and Ailsa didn’t respond

“Come on Ails, you said yourself that the girl was too young to foster” Alf said and Ailsa still didn’t respond. Alf sighed

“What is the point in staying in my own home if I cant have a conversation with my wife” Alf said annoyed and he got up from the table, walked out of the house and slammed the door. Ailsa sighed. She was being a hypocrite by being annoyed with Alf, she did feel the same, however she also knew how much having a family was important to Bobby. Ailsa sighed, she didn’t know where Alf was going but she was going to wait up for him and apologize. Alf got into his car and closed the door. He smiled to himself, arguing with Ailsa meant he could stay out as long as he wanted. Alf looked at his watch, first he was going to take care of some things at the shop, then he was going to go and be with the woman he loved…

“Maybe one day I will come over here and have some good news” Bobby sand and her and Narelle both laughed

“Don’t give up hope just yet” Narelle said’’

Background music- Frank and Bobby’s theme

“What’s the point, arguing with Dad sealed my fate. I could tell from the social workers face that she had already declined my application” Bobby said

“You don’t know that” Narelle said

“Yes, I do, I could tell by the way she was looking at me” Bobby said and she sighed as Narelle blew her nose

Anyway, I should know by now that nothing ever works out for me…You still haven’t been to the doctor about that cold?” Bobby said

“I keep meaning to, its actually much better now” Narelle said as Bobby looked at her

“Anyway, did I tell you that Jeff and I are going on a romantic getaway next weekend” Narelle said and Bobby rolled her eyes

“Bobby!” Narelle said and Bobby laughed

“Ok ok, where is he taking you?” Bobby said

“I don’t know yet, its supposed to be a surprise” Narelle said and smiled then Bobby yawned.

“I am really tired..its been a long day..I think I am going to go to bed” Bobby said and she yawned then as she got up from the chair, she knocked over some magazines on the table next to the couch

“Oh sorry” Bobby said and she bent down to pick up the magazines

“IIIts ok, don’t worry, I can take care of it” Narelle said as she got up quickly to help Bobby pick up the papers…but she was too late. Bobby picked up the little clear bag that had a small amount of white powder in it then she looked at Narelle in shock

“Narelle! What is this?” Bobby said as she held up the bag and looked at Narelles face…

Dramatic end to background music

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 317

Boston Massachusetts USA

“Thanks, bye” Roo said then she put the phone down and got up and put a file in the filing cabinet. She closed the cabinet and looked around the office and smiled to herself. The Edison office in Boston would be officially opening in a few weeks. Roo exhaled then she walked over to the door and looked around. So far, she had been involved in hiring two members of staff, one receptionist and one junior PR executive. Roo watched them as they put together the new office furniture. They were both so excited, just as excited as she was when she first started. It felt like yesterday that she was starting her first day, and now here she was temporarily starting up an office in Boston. Helen was currently reviewing resumes for more senior staff since she would be going back to New York.

Roo sighed then she closed the office and sat down at the desk. Soon this would be over, and she would be home permanently. This meant Frank constantly bothering her about starting a family. She had put him off for as long as she could, she told him the stress of working and traveling was preventing her from getting pregnant, when she really knew it was because she was still taking the pill. Roo also remembered that being back in New York permanently meant she had to constantly hear updates from Nancy about her upcoming wedding to Donavan.

Roo sighed again then she swiveled the chair around. She really loved being in America, but she felt so trapped. She loved Frank…they had been through a lot, and anytime she felt that she wanted out, she remembered what she did to him, leaving him at the alter and her guilt kicked in. She was all that Frank had, he loved her, and she felt obligated to make it work…even though she wasn’t really happy….she also had to make this work otherwise everyone in Summer Bay would say “I told so”. Roo exhaled then she picked up the guest list on her desk of people she needed to invite to the opening party. Helen faxed it earlier. It contained all the important people that Edison normally worked with. Roo looked over the list and when she got to the bottom she smiled when she saw the name of someone she wanted to see..

Manhattan- New York

“We love you and miss you. Write soon.

Love always…Pippa”

Frank smiled then put the letter back in the envelope and put it into his bag. Pippa’s letters were always the highlight of his day. Frank yawned then drank the last of the coffee in the cup on his desk

Phone ringing

“Frank Morgan speaking” Frank said as he picked up the phone

“Frank, its James Hanson” James said and Frank sighed

“Hi Mr James, how are you?” Frank said

“Good, I haven’t seen you lately” James said

“Yeah, sorry, Ive been working overtime” Frank said. He was telling the truth. After the incident with not getting the report ready for the European team, he had been volunteering to work late to hopefully get a promotion, and earn more money to pay of his debts.

“That’s great, but we have some unfinished business” James said and Frank sighed

“Yeah, I know…I have been meaning to call you about the money” Frank said

“Have you now?” James said

“Yes..” Frank said

“Well that’s good, we have a high stakes game tonight. Hopefully you can win some rounds and pay me back” James said and Frank tapped his finger on the desk

“Yeah ok…what time?” Frank said

“8pm at the usual location..ill see you then” James said then he put the phone down. Frank sighed then put the phone down. He knew he should’ve asked Mr James if he could pay the money off each week but he didn’t because he knew he was a good card player and was just having bad luck. Frank bent down and took out the pack of cards from the side pocket of his bag and began to shuffle them. He was going to win tonight…and win big. Like Mr James said, he was going to pay him back and still have the money in the bank for when the baby comes. Frank smiled to himself as he began to practice. Soon everything was going to be perfect…

Gibson Residence- Yabbie Creek

Alec Gibson watched as his daughter cut carrots. She was quiet, he knew why but he thought it was best to leave her alone.

“Here you go love, looks like you got a letter from your brother” Alec said as Julie looked up as her father walked towards her. Alec gave Julie the letter and smiled. She didn’t want to go and visit Morris in the prison, and Alec knew why. They would have to go through Summer Bay and even though Julie made excuses, Alec knew why.

“Are you alright love?” Alec said. He couldn’t hold it in anymore. His daughter was hurt and it hurt him too

“Yeah, fine” Julie said and faked a smile

“This business with Nick” Alec was interrupted

“Its fine dad..im fine” Julie said

“I know love…but” Alec was interrupted

“Honestly dad, I am fine. It wasn’t like he was my boyfriend or anything, we just went out twice, that’s all” Julie said

“But I know you really liked him” Alec said

“Not really, I don’t think he was my type” Julie said as Alec looked at her

“Are you sure love?” Alec said

“Yes dad, I am really ok” Julie said

“How about we go and watch a film tomorrow night, just you and me?” Alec said

“Ok” Julie said and smiled as she continued to cut up the vegetables.

“Ill just go and get changed for dinner” Alec said then he kissed the top of Julies head and walked out of the kitchen. Julie watched her father walk out of the kitchen then she stopped cutting and put the knife down as a tear rolled down her cheek. She wasn’t alright, her heart was broken. She really thought it was going to be different this time…with Nick. She felt a real connection when they were together. Julie wiped the tear from her cheek and sighed….like her mum said, maybe it was for the best. Her mum was always right…

Smart residence- The City

“Narelle…are you doing drugs?” Bobby said as she looked at Narelle.

“Nnnoo…I would never do drugs” Narelle said trying to convince herself

“So how did this get into your flat then?” Bobby said

“I don’t know..I got a few of the magazines from the Bistro, maybe it was in one of those” Narelle said as she bent down to pick up the two magazines still on the floor. When she stood up, Bobby was looking at her

“Honest, its not mine” Narelle said

“Dead set?” Bobby said

“Yeah, ill even throw it away in the toilet” Narelle said and she grabbed the small bag from Bobby and walked towards the bathroom. Bobby followed behind her. Narelle opened the bag and poured the contents into the toilet and flushed it

“See…all gone” Narelle said and she looked at Bobby and smiled

“Good, for a second there I thought it was yours” Bobby said then she walked out of the bathroom. Narelle watched Bobby walk out of the bathroom and her smile disappeared. She looked into the toilet, the cocaine was gone. She looked inside the small bag in her hand, it was empty. Narelle sighed. She did promise herself that she was going to stop…now she had no choice since Bobby almost caught her

“Hey, lets go out and get a burger” Bobby said and she walked back into the bathroom interrupting Narelle’s thoughts

“Yeah, sure” Narelle said faking a smile and once again her smiled disappeared when Bobby walked out of the bathroom…

Chapter 318

I jumped ahead a little in time with the song choice...enjoy

Frank looked at the clock on the wall. He had enough time to go home, get changed before heading off to the hotel for the card game. Frank smiled to himself, he was feeling lucky, he was going to win all the money back that he owed to Mr James and was going to still have enough money for when they baby comes. Frank closed down his computer and then he got up and walked over to the door and put his jacket on. The weather was getting warmer but it still got cooler in the evening.

“Jerry wants you to look at the Lincoln report again” Andy said as he stood at Franks office door

“What? Now?” Frank said as he looked at Andy. This was the first time that they had spoken to each other especially after Andy going behind his back and finishing the report for the European team. Frank sighed then he took the file from Andy. He walked out of his office and walked down the corridor and knocked at Jerry's door

Frank opened the door when he heard Jerry tell him to come in

“I was on my way home, and Andy said you want me to look at the Lincoln report” Frank said

“Yes, I went through it and there are several mistakes. The financial forecast is not in the report either” Jerry said

“I thought that was not going into the report this year” Frank said

“I don’t know where you heard that, financial forecasts go into reports every year” Jerry said and he looked at Frank

“Ok, ill take care of it in the morning” Frank said

“The report is due in the morning” Jerry said

“Its going to take me all night, and I have to be somewhere” Frank said

“Look Frank, I didn’t want to say anything but Terry mentioned that your work is not up to standard and you know with the restructure next year and potential layoffs” Terry said

“Potential layoffs?” Frank said surprised. He didn’t know that the company was in any kind of trouble

“Well, its supposed to be a secret and in the preliminary stages, but I would hate to see you be one of the guys that’s let go” Jerry said as Frank looked at him. Frank couldn’t afford to lose this job, not now…especially not now. He would have to get to the card game another night. Mr James would understand especially since he was nice enough to borrow Frank so much money. 

“I better get this done then” Frank said and Jerry smiled as he watched Frank walk out of his office and closed the door. Jerrys smile disappeared as he picked up the phone receiver and began to dial. “Bret Macklin please….” Jerry said and smiled to himself as he waited for the phone to be connected to Bret…

Ailsa put the cereal bowls in the sink and wiped her hands on a towel as Alf walked into the kitchen. Things had been a bit rocky lately, but it was her fault because she got annoyed at him for telling the truth about Bobby to the social worker. The same truth that she believed, but she was being a hypocrite. Ailsa Watched as Alf sat at the table and poured himself some coffee. She looked at him, he had lost some weight, and was wearing a shirt that she didn’t recognized.

“Love…I want to apologize. I know, I am a hypocrite. Bobby is too young to foster but I know how much having a family means to her. Its all she’s ever wanted” Ailsa said as she sat down at the dining table. As Alf drank his coffee he did feel bad for giving Ailsa the cold shoulder, but it meant he was able to spend some time with Debra. “To make it up to you…I was thinking we can go away this weekend..just you and me..there is a nice little motel in Waldorf creek” Ailsa said and she grabbed Alfs hand

“I cant this weekend love…I promised I would take Blake camping and fishing..I think he misses not having his dad here” Alf said

“One of the many reasons why I love you Alf Stewart” Ailsa said

“What?” Alf said

“You really are a good man. You have really taken on Blake like your own. Debra is really lucky to have you as a friend” Ailsa said and smiled then she leaned forward and kissed Alf then rested her head on his shoulder ..as Alf thought about spending the weekend with Blake…and Debra..

Bayside diner- Summer Bay

Background music- diner jukebox

Today is gonna be the day
That they're gonna throw it back to you
By now you should've somehow
Realized what you gotta do
I don't believe that anybody
Feels the way I do, about you now

“Just the coffee this morning?” Colleen said to Nick

“Yes thanks” Nick said and put the money on the counter as he put sugar in his take away cup.

Backbeat, the word was on the street
That the fire in your heart is out
I'm sure you've heard it all before
But you never really had a doubt
I don't believe that anybody
Feels the way I do about you now

“I have not seen you and your lady friend lately..the one in the wheelchair” Colleen said as she pretended to look busy and wipe the counter

“No, things didn’t work out” Nick said. He didn’t even know how she knew about him and Julie.

And all the roads we have to walk are winding
And all the lights that lead us there are blinding
There are many things that I
Would like to say to you but I don't know how

“Oh that’s a shame..such a pretty girl she is…shame about the wheelchair” Colleen said as Nick looked at her then he smiled and walked out of the diner. Colleen wiped the counter down some more and watched Nick walk out then she picked up the burger phone on the counter and began to dial…”Hello Betty…its me” Colleen said..

Because maybe, you're gonna be the one that saves me
And after all, you're my wonderwall

Nick sighed as he got to his car, opened the door and sat down. He turned down the walky-talky and began to drive then he slowed down as he got to a traffic light and watched as a man pushed a woman across the road in a wheel chair

Flashback

Julie- The sunset is so pretty here

Nick- Yeah, its one of the best things about living here…coming here and seeing the sun set

Julie- Hmm so you come here and see the sun set often do you?

Nick- No, this is my first time

Julie- Well thank you for seeing your first sunset in Summer Bay with me

Nick- I am happy it is with you

Flashback ends

And all the roads that lead you there are winding
And all the lights that light the way are blinding
There are many things that I
Would like to say to you but I don't know how

Nick sighed as he watched the couple continue to cross the road. He waited for the light to turn green then he drove off…

Macklin Office- New York

Frank looked at the reports on the desk then at the clock on the wall. It was almost 11pm. It was too late to go to the card game, and he was so busy that he forgot to ring Mr James and let him know he wasn’t coming. Frank sighed, finally he was finished. He put all the papers together in the folder and got up and put his jacket on. He put his nag cross body and turned off the light in the office. He walked into Jerrys empty office and put the report on the desk. Frank yawned then he walked out of the office. He pressed the elevator and waited to go down, so that he can go home..

W Hotel- New York

James Hanson blew the smoke from his cigar out threw his mouth and picked up his glass and drank some of his whiskey. He put the glass down and looked at his wrist. He looked ahead at the man sitting in front of him who for the last 15 minutes had been begging him.

“James, you know I am good for it..I just need a few more weeks” The man said

“Cliff, Cliff, Cliff..you give me the same excuses every week” James said

“I know, but this time I am serious…I will get you your money” The man said

“Cliff, you were serious last week” James said

“I know..I got caught up with some other things, but I promise, you will have your money in a few weeks” The man said as James looked at him then he smoked some of his cigar and blew the smoke out of his mouth.

“Ok..ill give you two weeks…get out of here” James said and the man got up from the chair

“Thanks James..I promise..Ill pay you everything” The man said and he began walking towards the hotel exit. James looked at two of the men seated near by and nodded. They nodded back then followed the man out of the hotel. James got up and walked over and sat at a table where two men where playing a card game. A few minutes later, the two men who left, returned. One looked at his bloody fists then he wiped the blood on his trousers.

“What do you want to do about that kid Frank?” One of the men said and James inhaled the smoke from the cigar and blew it out of his mouth

“He will keep..for now…” James said then he drank some of his whiskey and smiled to himself…

Archived