Homecoming Part 3

:)

Chapter 291

Newton Residence- Newcastle

John Newton put his hand up to his face, he could feel his cheek burning from the slap

“Angela, you said if I came home you wouldn’t do that again” John said then he exhaled

“Well if you wasn’t so stupid, my children would be back in my home” Angela said with anger in her voice then she began pacing in the living room

“What did the social worker say?” Angela said as she looked at her husband

“They said they wanted to make sure that things are well in our home” John said

“And what did you say? Angela said

“I said everything is fine and” John was interrupted

“And what?” Angela said

“And that we are working through the problems” John said in a soft voice

“What problems?” Angela said as she walked closer to John

“Angela, we have problems” John said

“The only problem here is you not doing what you were told to do” Angela said then without warning she slapped John on the other cheek as he stared at her in shock

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Pippa looked around the dinner table at each of the children seated. Pippa could see that Steve and Sally were quiet, and Sally wasn’t eating

“Sal, you not hungry?” Pippa said and Sally shook her head no

“Whats the matter, you not feeling well?” Pippa said

“Can I go Bobbys house?” Sally said

“Its late sweetheart and you have school tomorrow…you saw Bobby earlier” Pippa said

“Bobby can take me to school” Sally said

“You can see Bobby tomorrow, finish your dinner or you not getting some dessert” Pippa said

“No” Sally said

“Pardon me?” Pippa said

“I said no” Sally said

“Well you can go up to your bedroom” Pippa said then Sally looked at her then got up from the table and walked up the stairs. When she got to her room, Sally slammed the door and sat on her bed. She looked around her room and caught sight of the bear Frank gave her. Sally stared at it until tears filled her eyes then she began to cry and laid on her bed holding her pillow.

Fisher Residence- Summer Bay

“Sorry about that” Roo said as she shut the door

“Oh there is nothing to be sorry about. You didn’t know that Ailsa’s sister would turn up…would anyone like a coffee” Donald said

“Not for me Uncle Donald” Lucinda said

“Ruth?” Donald said

“No thanks” Roo said

“Well excuse me, Ill just make one for myself” Donald said and walked towards the kitchen

“Do you want to go to the diner for a while?” Lucinda said

“Yeah, I would like that” Roo said and smiled

“Do you want to come Uncle Donald?” Lucinda shouted towards the kitchen

“Pardon?” Donald said and walked out of the kitchen

“We are going to the diner after dark, do you want to come?” Lucinda said

“No no, you both go, I have some marking to do anyway” Donald said, here take the car” Donald said and he gave the keys to Lucinda

“That’s I wont be late” Lucinda said

Background music- Have you ever been alone theme

“Before you go Ruth, I haven’t had a chance to talk to you, how are you? How is New York? Its unfortunate that you have to return under these circumstances” Donald said

“Yeah, I know...I didnt think I would ever come back here...but everything is going great” Roo said and smiled

“And Frank, how is he doing? Donald said

“Yeah, really good, he got a promotion at Macklins so he is working hard but he loves the job” Roo said and smiled

“Oh that is wonderful. After everything you went through, its nice to see you happy” Donald said

“Thanks, after making so many wrong decisions in my life, I am glad I finally made a good one” Roo said and smiled

“Ok well I wont keep you, have a good night” Donald said

“Thanks” Roo said and followed Lucinda out of the house and closed the door. Donald watched the door close then he walked over to the mantle piece and picked up the photo of Bobby and sighed. Things were still strained with them even though he poured his heart out when he thought he was going to confess to Shane Wilsons murder it didn’t appear to make a difference. He sighed because he wished he could be proud of the decisions she made in her life. Donald sighed then he walked over to the desk and picked up the phone and began to dial

“Barbra..its me..” Donald said then he smiled and sat down on the couch..

Simpson Residence- Summer Bay

Bobby wrote while the thoughts were fresh in her mind. The assignment wasn’t due until Monday but she wanted to get it out of the way because she had a catering job at the weekend. Bobby put the pen down and opened her folder, she remembered that she needed to get a text book from the library. She looked in her notebook for the authors name so she could write a note to herself. Of all the names, the author had to be called Ruth. Bobby sighed then she put the notebook down and leaned back on the chair

flashback

Frank- Look what do you expect me to do? She works with us now

Bobby- So does that mean you have to tell her everything?

Frank- Yes if its to do with work

Bobby- This isn’t to do with work Frank

Frank- I thought you would’ve gotten over this jealousy thing by now

Bobby- How can I get over it when my husband isn’t making me feel secure

Frank- I don’t want to argue,

Bobby- Frank, what is happening to us?

Frank- I am going to bed

Flashback ends

She sighed and shook her head as she began to count all the arguments her and Frank had about Roo. As she began to recite them in her mind her eyes began to fill with tears…like they usually do when she thought about Frank. Bobby thought about what life would be like now if she did ask Frank to stay…they would be a family…with Thomas. Bobby inhaled then exhaled deeply and wiped her eyes and looked down at her assignment and picked up her pen. None of that mattered now, Frank was gone…Thomas was gone, and she had to get on with her life…

Background music ends

Stewart Residence- Summer Bay

Bridget sipped the cup of tea and looked around the house then she locked eyes with Ailsa who stared at her

“It was nice of your husband to leave and give us time to talk” Bridget said with a smile. Ailsa didn’t respond

Sandra looked at Emma as Duncan played on the floor in the bedroom.

“Are you going to go out there?” Sandra said and Emma shrugged her shoulders

“Your mum seems nice’ Sandra said and Emma looked up at her. Sandra got up

“Come on Duncan” Sandra said

“Where are you going? Emma said

“I thought you might want some time alone” Sandra said

“Please stay” Emma said and Sandra looked at her and smiled then she sat down on her bed and Emma leaned forward on the bed and began to play with Duncan…

Stewart shop- Summer Bay

Alf heard a gentle knock on the and opened the back door. Debra entered and Alf closed the door behind her.

Emotional background music

“Alf…I shouldn’t be here” Debra said and sighed

“I needed to see you Deb” Alf said as he moved closer to Debra. She felt her stomach doing somersaults, just like they used to do

Alf lifted his hand up and pulled a stray hair away from Debra's face

“Alf, don’t…this wasn’t a good idea..” Debra said

“So why did you come when I called you?” Alf said and Debra sighed. She had no answer. She wanted to see him too

“Since you came back in town…I cant stop thinking about you…about us” Alf said then Debra looked up at him. She felt the same…she knew this was wrong…she didn’t want to go down this path again with Alf. Before Debra could find more ways to convince herself to leave, Alf leaned forward and pressed his lips on hers. The kiss felt like it did all those years ago. Debra put her arm around Alfs neck and even though her mind was telling her to leave, her heart remembered how she felt about him as they continue to kiss in the dimly lit stockroom…

Background music ends

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 292

General hospital- Yabbie Creek

Marilyn turned over the page in the magazine and smiled. One day she would be doing the hair for the models. Marilyn looked up when she heard the door open and a bunch of flowers appear around the corner and Marilyn smiled then Ben appeared and walked over to her

“Hi how are you?” Ben said as he put the flowers on Mariyns lap and pulled a chair close to the bed and sat down

“Much better now that you are here” Marilyn said as she put her magazine down and picked up the flowers

“Theyre lovely..thank you” Marilyn said and smiled then she looked at Ben and smiled then she put the flowers down and held Bens hand

“Ben, I really am sorry about everything…its just that I love you so much and I see a future for us, but I know I should be patient” Marilyn said

“I accept your apology” Ben said and he smiled as Mairyn breathed a sigh of relief then she let go of Bens hand and picked up her magazine.

“One day I am going to be doing the hair for these models” Marilyn said as she flipped through the pages of the magazine then she stopped and lifted the magazine.

“Samantha Morris is my favourite. I would love to do her hair one day” Marilyn said

“I would probably straighten her hair, go for a different look” Mariylyn said

“What do you think Ben…don’t you think she would look great with straight hair” Marilyn said and she pushed the magazine at Ben. At first he dismissed it then just as Marilyn was about to move the magazine away his eye caught a photo of someone who looked very familiar.

“Give that to me” Ben said and he grabbed the magazine and stared at the photo. He couldn’t believe what he was seeing. He quickly read the article…her name was Samantha Morris

“Don’t you think her hair would look really pretty if it was straight?” Marilyn said as she grabbed the magazine back from Ben. He was still in shock about what he had just seen

“Who is she?” Ben said

“Shes one of Australia’s top models silly..she comes from a very rich family…but you would never guess because her twin sister isn’t glamourous” Marilyn said as Ben thought about what he just heard…

Alf closed the front door quietly behind him and put his keys on the counter. He sighed as he thought about the last few hours that he spent with Debra and smiled to himself

“Alf love, is that you” Hearing Ailsas voice brought him back to reality. Back to his life.

“Are you alright love?” Ailsa said as she walked into the living room tying the belt around her dressing gown

“Yeah, fine” Alf said and he sat on the couch

“Why did you stay out so long?” Ailsa said

“When I got to the shop I thought I would just do the books…you know catch up” Alf said as Ailsa turned the lamp on and sat next to him

“What happened with your sister? Must have been a shock having Emma turn up then your sister turn up after all these years” Alf said

“Yes it, was. It was really strange. We hardly said anything to each other.  ” Ailsa said

“So what happens now?” Alf said?

“Well I don’t know. Emma hasn’t said if she wants to go home but Bridget is staying at the bed and breakfast across town” Ailsa said

Emma opened her eyes, she felt like she needed to go to the bathroom. The room was dark and Sandra was asleep. She slowly got up and walked towards the bedroom door. She opened it quietly

“Maybe its for the best love…Emma going back home..I mean she has been nothing but trouble since she got here, and to be honest I don’t even know why she came here in the first place” Alf said

“ I don’t know love, she wouldn’t have come all the way here if she wasn’t in trouble at home” Ailsa said

“You know what kids are like, she probably did something her parents didn’t like and they told her off” Alf said

“Im not sure love, I think there something wrong. Her behavior reminds me a lot of Bobby and look how she turned out.. Bridget wouldn’t have come all the way here if she didn’t want to work things out” Ailsa said

“Exactly” Alf said

“maybe you are right…ill talk to her about it in the morning…lets go to bed” Ailsa said and she kissed Alf

“Ill meet you in there” Alf said and he smiled

Emma closed the door quietly and went and sat down on her bed and sighed as a tear ran down her cheek

Caravan park- Summer Bay

“Thank you for your time Viv…I wanted to catch you before you headed off to school” Mrs Malloy said as she noticed Vvs facial expression change as she got up from the table and Pippa came out of the kitchen

“Bye Mrs Fletcher” Viv said as she hugged Pippa and walked out of the door. Hurry up Sally you are going to be late. Here is your lunch” Pippa said

“Mrs Malloy, I don’t want to live here anymore, I want to live with Bobby” Sally said as Pippa had a shocked look on her face

“Hello love, you are up early” Ailsa said as Emma walked into the kitchen. Alf looked up from his paper and he and Emma locked eyes. Neither had said anything since the accident

“I just wanted to tell you that I decided to go back home with my mum” Emma said

“Oh, are you sure?” Ailsa said

“Yeah, its probably for the best anyway…ive already packed my bags. Ill call my mum to come and get me” Emma said

“I can take you over there if you want” Ailsa said

“No, its alright” Emma said then she walked out of the dining room

“See, I told you, kids” Alf said then he picked up his cup and drank his coffee

“Right, I better get going, Are you sure you want to go back to work today…I mean, you overdid it last night. I don’t want you rushing back too soon” Ailsa said

“Im fine love, Ill leave all the heavy lifting to Celia ” Alf said and laughed

“Alright then…ill see you later” Ailsa said as she kissed Alf on his cheek

“Say bye to Daddy” Ailsa said as she took Duncan out of his chair

“Bye bye” Duncan said and Ailsa leaned him over so he could kiss Alf

“See you later mate” Alf said then he pinched Duncans cheek

“Hello love, there is some coffee in the pot..ill see you late” Ailsa said as Roo walked into the dining room

“How are you feeling dad?” Roo said as he sat opposite her dad

“Great…like a new man” Alf said with a big smile

“Im really glad you came love” Alf said

“Im just sad that I cant stay longer” Roo said

“Its been great having you home love” Alf said then he reached over and grabbed Roos hand

“How about you come to the shop and spend some time with your old dad…like old times” Alf said

“Yeah, Ill like that” Roo said and smiled

“Well you have the number, don’t be a stranger..let me know how you get on” Ailsa said as she stood by the bedroom door

“Ok” Emma said as Ailsa walked towards her and put one arm around her as she held Duncan with the other. Emma didn’t respond

“Ok then I have to go, take care” Ailsa said

“Bye” Emma said and Emma turned around and put something in her bag as Ailsa looked at her then walked out of the bedroom. Emma sat on the bed as a tear dropped from her eye

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“I had no idea that Sally would say that” Pippa said still in shock

“ Well, legally there is nothing I can do about moving her, but do you know what would prompt that? Mrs Malloy said

“I really don’t know. Last night she was being a little madam and I sent her to her room” Pippa said

“Its probably that then…I better get going” Mrs Malloy said then she got up

“So what happens now with Tammy and Viv?” Pippa said as she walked behind Mrs Malloy to the door

“Well, we wait for my colleagues in Newcastle to conduct their investigation then we should hear in a few weeks. From my understanding, Reverend Newton has an exemplary reputation so at this stage I have no problem with the girls being released back into the care of their parents…ill keep you posted” Mrs Malloy said then she smiled and walked out of the house. Pippa smiled then she closed the door and walked over to the table and sat down. So many things were going on. Sally…Viv and Tammy…having no money. Pippa sighed…she really didn’t know what to do..

Stewart Shop- Summer Bay

“Let me get that for you” Grant said as he grabbed the box Roo was holding before it dropped to the floor

“Thanks” Roo said as Grant put the box on the counter

“Just the milk and cereal thanks” Grant said

“You work at the diner and you don’t get free breakfasts?” Roo said with a smile and Grant laughed and gave Roo the money

“I always have cereal after a surf..its a tradition” Grant said and smiled. Roo looked at him, he was really handsome

“So when are you going back?” Grant said

“My flight leaves on Monday morning” Roo said

“Oh hello there Grant” Alf said as she came around the corner

“Mr Stewart, how are you?” Grant said

“I feel like a new man…its just a shame that my daughter is abandoning me” Alf said as he pretended to be heartbroken

“Oh dad” Roo said and playfully hit her dad

“Ill see you later” Grant said and smiled

“Bye” Roo said as Roo watched Grant leave

“Love, I have to pop out for a bit, can you hold down the fort” Alf said

“Sure” Roo said

“Good on you, I wont be long” Alf said then he smiled and left the shop

High School- Summer Bay

“So is Emma really going?” Viv said as she ate her sandwich

“Yeah, her mum is at a bed and breakfast” Sandra said

“Maybe going home is the best thing, she never seemed happy here” Viv said then her facial expression changed

“Are you ok?” Sandra said

“Yeah” Viv said

“Are you upset that you might have to go home?” Sandra said

“Now that my dad is involved, Im certain that me and Tammy have to go home” Viv said and she sighed

“I really love it here, you are my best friend” Viv said

“Yeah, you are my best friend too…let’s not even think about it now…lets do something this tomorrow, go to a movie or something” Sandra said

“Ok” Viv said

“Hey Steve…Steve” Steve look around at Viv and Sandra

“We are going to a movie tomorrow, do you want to come?” Viv said

“Cant, going to see my Aunt in the city” Steve said then he walked away and Viv and Tammy looked at each other

“What about Craig?” Sandra said

“I haven’t seen him since we got out of the last class “Viv said

Sands Resort- Summer Bay

Craig and Jonathan kissed each other with urgency. Jonathan ran his hands in Craig’s hair as he pulled his face as close as he could while their tongues explored each other’s mouths. Craig felt the happiest when he was with Jonathan even though they couldn’t be together in public. Jonathan pulled away from Craig as the door of the to the towel room opened and the light came on. Joathan put his finger on his lips as Craig stared at him. They stood quietly as the person who came in took out what they needed then they turned the light off and closed the door. When the light went off, Jonathan pushed his tongue into Craig’s mouth and Craig ran his hands over Jonathan body…he was happy very happy but he didn’t know how he was going to let the world to know...

Summer Bay

Emma looked out of the passenger window as her mum drove past the beach. They were on the way home…back to her old life…back to what she ran away from in the first place. Emma sighed and wiped her eye before the tear would fall…maybe going back was a mistake, but she couldn't stay at the stewarts...not when Alf didnt want her around..

Chapter 293

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“Are you sure you don’t mind?” Pippa said

“Of course not…anyway it will be nice to spend some time with her” Bobby said

“Thank you” Pippa said and smiled as Steve walked into the living room

“Are you going now?” Pippa said as Steve put on his jacket

“Yeah” Steve said

“I can give you a lift to the bus stop if you want” Pippa said

“No, its ok…ill walk” Steve said

“Ok, well have a good time” Pippa said as Steve walked through the door. Bobby looked at Pippa

“Is everything alright?” Bobby said as Pippa sighed

“I don’t know…Steven has been really quiet. I thought it was because his aunt contacted him, but its something else" Pippa said

“Yeah, hes been pretty off with me too” Bobby said

“He asked Alex to go hiking with him next weekend” Pippa said

“Maybe he misses Tom” Bobby said

“And Frank” Pippa said as Sally walked into the living room

“Bobby” Sally said and ran over to her

“Hello squirt” Bobby said as Sally hugged her

“I was just telling Pippa that I need a little helper for today and guess what she said” Bobby said

“What?” Bobby said

“She couldn’t think of anyone” Bobby said with a curious look on her face

“Don’t tease” Sally said and Bobby smiled

“How about we spend the day together…you can help me with my catering job” Bobby said and Sally smiled and hugged her again

“Go and get ready” Bobby said and Sally rushed towards the stairs as Pippa smiled

“You should’ve told me, I would’ve come and helped you if you needed help” Pippa said

“No, its ok. I did all the cooking this morning, just dropping it off, its not a big deal” Bobby said as Pippa slightly sighed…She needed money but didn’t know how she was going to get it..

Fisher Residence- Summer Bay

“You look nice Uncle Donald. Lucinda said as she walked into the living room

“Oh, thank you” Donald said and smiled

“And you look delightful too” Donald said

“Thank you. Ruth and I are going to the city. Sort of like a last day of fun before she heads home on Monday” Lucinda said as she put her earring in her ears

“What about you, are you off anywhere fun?” Lucinda said

“Well, Ill be heading into the city later myself to watch a play…after I have taken care of things at the school of course” Donald said and Lucinda smiled

Car horn outside

Oh, that must be Ruth.We wont be long because I am working this evening. Have a good day” Lucinda said and she rushed out of the house. Donald walked over to the phone and picked it up and began to dial

“Hello Barbra…I was just calling to confirm the plans for later today…ok…ill see you then…goodbye” Donald said then he put the phone down and smiled to himself..

Summer Bay

Nick closed the door and drank his coffee. He looked at his watch, this was usually the time that he saw Julie but today she wasn’t here. Nick drank some of his coffee

Flashback

Bob Barnett- You know what folks in a small town will say

Nick- But Uncle Bob, she is really nice

Bob Barnett- So if you like her, ask her out or something

Nick- What if I do something wrong

Bob Barnett- Like what? Have you never taken a girl out before?

Nick- Yes I have

Bob Barnett- That settle its then, ask her out and leave me alone

Flashback ends

Nick sighed. He did like Julie but he was worried about her wheelchair, maybe dropping her…all the things that were convincing him not to ask her out. Nick sighed again then he put his coffee in the cup holder and got out of the car. He turned his radio off and waked to the phone box. Nick took out the piece of paper from his top pocket and unfolded it. He took some money out of his pocket, put it in the phone and began to dial.

“Hi..hello, can I speak to Julie please…oh hi…its Nick…Nick Parrish…how are you…ok…listen…I was wonder…the Diner has live music and dinner…and I was wondering if you wanted…umm…if you were free and wanted to come with me….you will..ok…give me your address and ill pick you up” Nick said as he searched his pocket for a pen. His hand was shaking as he took the pen out of his top pocket “Ok say that first bit of your adderss again…ok…got it…how does 7:00 sound?...ok…ill be there..see you later” Nick said and he put the phone down. He couldn’t believe he was so nervous. He wiped his brow then walked back to the car

Gibson Residence- Yabbie Creek

Julie put the phone down and smiled to herself “Whats the matter with you?” Julies mum said as she walked into the living room

“I got asked out on a date” Julie said excited 

“By Who?” Julies mum said

“A policeman I met in Summer Bay’ Julie said and smiled

“Are you sure it’s a date and not some joke?” Julies mum said and Julie stopped smiling

“He said he is going to pick me up at 7” Julie said

“Don’t get your hopes up love…its probably one of the kids around here playing a joke..im just going to the shops” Julies mum said then she went out of the house and closed the door as Julie felt sad

“I knew he would call love” Julie looked up to see her dad standing by the door

“Do you want me to help you pick something to wear?” Julies dad said and Julie smiled and nodded as the tear dropped to her cheek

“Ok, come on love’ Julies dad said and he pushed his daughter towards her bedroom to pick out some clothes…

Best Inn Hotel- The City

Steve looked at the paper in his hand, he was in the right place. He put the paper in his pocket. His hands were sweating. He didn’t know what to expect. His Aunt gave him the hotel room. Steve opened the door to the hotel and walked up to the reception

“Hello, room 203 please” Steve said

“Take the lift to the second floor sir and it’s the 2nd door on the right” The receptionist said

“Thanks” Steve said as he followed the instructions he was given. As Steve got into the lift, his heart started beating fast. He was anxious, scared and curious at the same time. When the lift door opened Steve exhaled then he walked out and walked towards the room. Steve stopped outside the door and inhaled then exhaled then he gently knocked on the door and stepped back. A few seconds later, he could hear footsteps then the door opened.

“Steven” Donna said and Steve stared at her. He felt like he had seen a ghost…his mothers ghost standing right in front of him. He froze

“Steven, its me Donna” Donna said with an accent that sounded a mix of British and Australian

“Hi” Steve said

“Come in” Donna said and when Steve walked in she closed the door behind him

“Wow…you look so much like Brett…tall and handsome…do you mind if I give you a hug?” Donna said and Steve nodded. He felt so confused right now

“You look like my mum” Steve said as Donna pulled away

“Yes I know..lets get out of here and go for a drink” Donna said and smilled as she got her bag then Steve followed her out of the hotel room.

Chapter 294

Bistro- Summer Bay

“So how does it feel being back in Australia?” Matt said as he put two plates in front of Lucinda and Roo

“I probably wouldn’t be back if my dad got ill” Roo said

“So how is Frank, how is living in America?’ Matt said

“Yeah, Frank is good…you know..just working” Roo said and smiled

“I should give him a call, its been a while” Matt said

“Ill tell him you asked about him…so now you are going to have to call” Roo said and Matt smiled then he looked up to see Narelle getting out of Jeff Samuels car and he shook his head

“Whats the matter?” Roo said

“I still cant believe that she is dating Jeff Samuels”  Matt said

“Jeff Samuels, Who is dating him?” Roo said?

“Narelle” Matt said

“Narelle and Jeff Samuels?” Roo said shocked as Narelle opened the door. She saw Matt and walked over to the table and noticed Roo

“G’day, hows ya going?” Narelle said

“Hi, good” Roo said with a fake smile. She didn’t hate Narelle, but Narelle never made it a secret that she was always on Bobbys side

“Hows Frank?” Narelle said

“Yeah, doing really good, we are really happy” Roo said and smiled

“ Hopefully he can come for a visit soon” Narelle said

“Yes, hopefully the next time we visit we will come with our family” Roo said and Narelle smiled

“I better put my bag away” Narelle said and smiled and walked away from the table. She walked to the back and put her bag in her locker and locked it. She put the key in her pocket and went into Matts office and picked up the phone

“G;day Mrs Stewart…its Narelle…yeah good…Is Bobby there?...oh right…no its not important…she can call me when shes not busy…alright then…thanks bye” Narelle said then she put the phone down and sighed. She put her and in her pocket and took out the little clear bag. She opened the bag and dipped her finger nail into the powder and put int in her nostril and sniffed. Narelle rubbed the rest of the power on her nail on her gums then closed the small bag and put it in her pocket, wiped her face and walked out of the office.

The Café- The City

“ You are that’s all you are going to have?” Donna said as she looked at Steve. He only ordered an orange jucie while she ordered a sandwich and some coffee

“Im not hungry” Steve said. He was telling the truth he wasn’t hungry, he wasn’t sure how he was feeling

“Im sure it mustve been a shock me writing you out of the blue” Donna said then she picked up her cup and rank some of the coffee

“I didn’t know about you” Steve said

‘Well, I never got on with my parents…your grand parents and the minute I  was old enough, I let home and Australia. I traveled a little bit then I ended up in England…that is where I settled and met my husband” Donna said

“Why didn’t you come to the funeral?” Steve said

“I was going to but then I was in a car accident. I broke both legs and an arm” Donna said

“Sorry to hear that” Steve said

“Yes it was an unfortunate time. My legs took a long time to heal” Donna said and bit into some of her sandwich

“So what do you do in England” Steve said

“I am the director of sales for a pharmaceutical company and my husband is an IT consultant. We live in Kent with our dog scramble” Donna said and smiled

“In the letter, you sent a picture of you holding me when I was a baby” Steve said

“Yes, shortly after you were born, I came back. Your mum and I were very close, over the years we kept in touch but Austailia had so many bad memories that’s why I never came back after that” Donna said

“So why are you back now?” Steve said

“Well, I guess for many reasons. To say good bye to sister, make peace with my past and meet my handsome nephew” Donna said and smiled as Steve looked at her

Bayside Diner- Summer Bay

“Oh hello Adam, what can I get you?” Ailsa said as she wiped her hands on a towel

“Just a coffee to go  thanks” Adam said

“Is that all?” Ailsa said

“Yeah” Adam said and Ailsa poured the coffee

“How is Emma, I haven’t seen her at school” Adam said

“She decided to go home to her family, she left yesterday” Ailsa said and Adam instantly felt sad

“Oh right, well glad to hear she is better” Adam said

“Thanks to you” Ailsa said as she put the cap on the coffee as Adam put his hand in his pocket and took out some money

“This is on the house” Ailsa said

“Thanks” Adam said as he opened the cap and put in some milk and sugar then he picked up the cup and walked out of the diner. Even though it was the weekend, he wanted to go to the school and get the place tidy for Monday.

“Hi Mr Cameron’ Matt turned around to see some of the female students from the school

“Hi” Adam said

“We are going to the beach, why don’t you come with us” Karen said as she walked closer to him

“No thanks, I am going to work” Adam said

“On a Saturday…that’s just too bad” Karen said as she ran her finger on Adams shoulder then she walked away as her friends giggled. Adam shook his head and walked away.

“Youre mum would kill you if she saw that” One girl said

“No she wouldn’t, she knows I am a good girl” Karen said with a smile

“Yes she would, your mum is really strict. I am surprised she lets you out” Another girl said

“It’s the weekend, shes in a good mood for some reason” Karen said and laughed with her friends

Lawrence Residence- Summer Bay

Alf pushed Debra against the wall as they kissed passionately. Alf pulled away and kissed Debra’s neck. She knew what they were doing was wrong but she couldn’t help herself

“Alf, what if one of the kids come home” Debra said

“Blake is at the shop and you said Karen is at the beach” Alf said and pressed his lips on Debra’s and they began to kiss passionately again as Debra put her arms around Alfs neck

“You need to get back to the shop” Debra said between kisses as Alf ignored her as Debra pushed the back of Alfs held oressing his mouth on hers harder then Alf pulled back and kissed her cheek and neck

“Alf” Debra said and Alf pressed a finger up to her lips “Shhhh” Alf said and smiled then he pressed his mouth on Debras as they continued to kiss passionately

Summer Bay

Grant was the last person to close the door

“Ok, did you get all the books you need?” Grant said then he sneezed

“Yes thanks…are you getting sick?” Tammy said

“No, its just the dust from this car” Grant said as he put the key in the engine and started the car

“I forgot to ask, how did it go with Mrs Malloy?” Grant said

“Ok..” Viv said

“Just Ok?” Grant said

“She said that ther is a possibility that we will have to go home because our dad is back” Viv said and grant sighed. He had a gut feeling that something was not right about their dad turning up

“Oh right” Grant said

“Will you come and see us if we have to go?” Tammy said

“Of course..you will see me so much that you will get bored” Grant said and Tammy and Viv laughed even though all three were upset about what was going to inevitably happen…

The City

Bobby closed the back of her minivan , got into the van then closed the car door

Bobby watched as Sally put on her seat belt. She was really happy to be with Bobby. She helped Bobby take the food into the luncheon, she helped her make the table nice and they just got ice cream. Bobby put the key in the engine and before she was about to start the car, she looked at Sally

“Sal, can we talk about something” Bobby said looking at Sally and she nodded

“Pippa said you you told Mrs Malloy that you don’t want to live at the caravan park anymore…why did you say that?” Bobby said

“Because I don’t want to, I want to live with you” Sally said

“Sal, whats the matter” Bobby said and she could see that Sally was upset

“Is it because of Frank?” Bobby said and Sally nodded her head

“Sal, Pippa is really upset, she doesn’t want you to go…and Frank…if you call him and talk to him he will tell you that he still loves you” Bobby said and sighed

“He doesn’t love me” Sally said as a tear ran down her cheek

“I don’t want to make you cry..how about we go and get an ice cream?” Bobby said and Sally turned to her and smiled

“I love you Bobby” Sally said

“I love you too squirt…and Pippa loves you too…ok” Bobby said and Sally nodded her head then she started the engine and drove away

Stewart shop- Summer Bay

“Hello love where have you been?” Ailsa said as Alf came into the shop

“Yes Alfred, where have you been?” Celia said

“I can handle this on my own Celia, thank you” Ailsa said as Celia walked away to count the cans on the shelf

“I..er…I had to drop off a delivery” Alf said as Duncan ran towards him

“I thought you could leave work early and we could go to the beach” Ailsa said as Duncan ran over to his dad

“Sounds like a good idea love but I am still a bit behind” Alf said

“I can handle things here Alfred” Celia said from the corner

“Thanks sis but I want to catch up on this paper work…you and Duncan go…ill see you at home for dinner” Alf said then he kissed Ailsas cheek and walked to the other side of the counter

“Alright love…just don’t over do it…ill see you later..come on Duncan” Ailsa said and she grabbed Duncans hand as Alf watched then walk out of the shop…

Summer Bay

“It really hasn’t been long enough Ruth…when will you come back?”  Lucinda said as they got into Summer Bay

“Maybe you can come and visit” Roo said

“Yes that sounds like a good idea, maybe Ill ask Matt to come with me” Lucinda said as Roo stopped at a traffic light

“Lou…you really like Matt don’t you?” Roo said

“Of course I do” Lucinda said confused by the question

“No, I mean you really like him…like in a romantic way” Roo said and Lucinda didn’t answer. Ruth was right, she had developed feelings for Matt. It felt comfortable being with him

“I know how you felt about Shane…if you do like him, please remember something…he isn’t Shane..and I don’t want you to get hurt looking for something that was in the past” Roo said and she put her hand on Lucinda’s. Lucinda looked down at her hand then up at Ruth and smiled just in time for the traffic light to change and Roo to drive off…

Gibson residence- Summer Bay

Julie looked at herself in the mirror on the wardrobe door. She wasn’t sure if she liked what she was wearing but it was too late to change it. She put some lipstick on then rolled herself out of the room and into the living room where her mother and father were watching TV. When Julie entered the living room, her mum looked at the clock..

“You look nice love” Julies dad said

“Thanks” Julie said. She was nervous and excited

“I don’t know why you bothered live, its 7:15, he isn’t coming, I told you” Julies mum said and shook her head. Julie looked at the time, her mum was right, it was 7:15 and Nick hadn’t arrived. Julie felt like a fool and sighed…

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“Did you have a nice day with Bobby?” Pippa said when Sally came downstairs. Sally nodded her head

“Sweetheart, can we talk about something?” Pippa said and Sally nodded her head

“I am not cross with you..and I don’t want you yo be unhappy so if you really don’t want to live here anymore, its ok” Pippa said

“I want to live here” Sally said and Pippa pulled her forward and hugged her tight as the door opened

“Hi..how was your visit?” Pippa said

“Ok” Steve said

“Do you want something to eat, I left you some dinner” Steve said

“I ate earlier….i just want to go to bed…im tired” Steve said

“Alright then…night” Pippa said as she watched Steve walk upthe stairs and sighed

Bayside Diner- Summer Bay

“Hi Bobby” Roo said when she looked up from tuning the guitar. Bobby smiled then walked into the kitchen

“What is Roo doing over there?” Bobby said as she walked into the kitchen as Grant coughed over the sink

“Grant isn’t feeling too well and Lucinda suggested that Roo sing maybe one song since we usually have live music tonight…you remember when she was in the band with Frank and Lance and Martin” Carly said

“I just need some water and I will be fine” Grant said

“You cant sing like that, this is a respectable diner” Cary said seriously

“Oh its exciting to hear Ruth sing…I cant wait” Lucinda said as she came into the kitchen

“I hope its not a problem Bobby” Lucinda said as Bobby exhaled

“Course not, why would it be?” Bobby said as she faked a smiled to Lucinda as Grant looked at Bobby…

Julie looked at the clock again, it was 7:35. Her mum was right, it was probably a joke. Nick wasn’t coming. Julie exhaled

“You might as well go and get changed love” Julies mum said then she looked at something on the TV and laughed. Julies dad felt bad, as he watched the hurt on her daughters face as she rolled away towards her bedroom. Tears rolled down Julies cheeks as she rolled into her room and closed the door. She walked over to the mirror on the door and looked at herself. Her make up was ruined. Julie sighed

Knock on the door

Julie inhaled then exhaled “come in” Julie said and her dad opened the door

“Hes here” Julies dad said and Julie closed her eyes and smiled

“Ill just fix my face and ill be out in a minute” Julie said and her dad smiled and closed the door. Julie looked at herself in the mirror and smiled….

Background music ends

Chapter 295

Gibson residence- Yabbe Creek

Julie rolled herself into the living room and Nick turned around

“Hi, sorry I am late, I got a little bit lost” Nick said

“Well you are here now” Julie said and smiled

“You look great…are you ready to go?” Nick said

“Thank you, you do too..yes lets go” Julie said

“Nice meeting you Mr and Mrs Gibson” Nick said

“Ill come out to the car with you, show you how to fold the chair” Julies dad said

“Great thanks” Nick said as they all went outside. Julies mum stood at the window as she watched them outside and shook her head. A few minutes later, Julies dad came in and closed the door

“Theyre gone” Alec Gibson said as he walked over to the couch and sat down

“Why are you encouraging her?” Jenny Gibson said

“What do you mean?” Alec said

“Come on Al, you know this will never last…this has happened before” Jenny said

“Maybe this time will be different” Alec said

“No it wont be different…she is in a wheelchair Al, a wheelchair…no man is going to want that burden and the sooner you both understand that the better” Jenny said as Al sat in the chair and sighed…

“Is that you love?” Ails said as Alf walked into the dining room

“Hello love” Alf said

“I didn’t think you would be this late home” Ails said

“Yeah, because I had to do that delivery, I was behind on the invoices and stuff” Alf said as he sat down

“Love, I don’t want you over doing it, you just got out of hospital” Ailsa said

“Don’t worry love, I feel great..like a new man” Alf said and smiled

“Its just us for dinner tonight, Roo is with Lucinda and Sandra is out at the movies with Viv…I cant wait to snuggle on the couch and watch TV, its been a long time” Ailsa said and smiled as Alf smiled back then she walked into the kitchen and Alfs smile disappeared.

Bayside Diner at night- Summer Bay

Background music- jukebox

Say it's true, there's nothing like me and you
I'm not alone, tell me you feel it too

“Oh, Im sorry” Julie said as she turned around to look at the woman who almost fell over her wheel then she looked at Nick and smiled

“Do you know what you want? Nick said as he looked at Julie. She looked very pretty tonight

And I would run away
I would run away, yeah..., yeah
I would run away
I would run away with you

“Ive never eaten here before, only milkshakes, what do you normally have?” Julie said and she smiled. Her stomach was doing somersaults. She couldn’t believe she was here…she couldn’t believe that  he came.

Cause I am falling in love with you
No never I'm never gonna stop
Falling in love with you

“Excuse me, can you move you wheelchair, you are in the way” The customer said

“Oh, I am sorry” Julie said feeling embarrassed and she moved her chair as much as she could. The diner was getting full and there was no space for her chair

“No, you are going to have to move a bit more” The customer said

“There isn’t any more space to move” Nick said

“Then go somewhere else then” The customer said loudly

Close the door, lay down upon the floor
And by candlelight, make love to me through the night
(through the night, through the night...)

"Is there a problem here?" Bobby said

"Yes, her chair is in the way" The custoemr said loudly. Bobby looked down at Julie who looked upste 

“If you don’t like it you can go somewhere else” Bobby said and Julie looked up at her

“We were here first, they should go…get me the manager, I will not be spoke to like that” The customer said

“Its your lucky day today…Im the owner and you can leave now” Bobby said as she looked at the customer

“I just ordered my dinner” the customer said

“Well you have a choice, either stop hassling my customers or you can eat your dinner outside” Bobby said and she gave the customer a mean look then he turned around 

Cause I have run away
I have run away, yeah..., yeah
I have run away, run away
I have run away with you

“Sorry about that, the booth over there is free, do you want to go over there? I can put your chair in the back if you want?” Bobby said as she picked up the plates and cutlery and put them on the booth table. Nick carefully picked up  Julie and sat her on the chair in the booth

“Thank you..im Julie” Julie said and she smiled at Bobby

“Bobby” Bobby said as she lit candles on the table

“Thanks Bobby:  Nick said as he folded the wheelchair “Where can I put the chair?” Nick said

“Just take it into the kitchen and ask Grant, he will put it away for you” Bobby said as Nick followed her instructions

“So are you guys on a date?” Bobby said and Julie blushed and smiled and before she could respond Nick came back

“I am really sorry about what happened earlier, nobody deserves to be treated like that and certainly not in here. Bobby looked back at Carly and called her over.

“Nick and Julie are my special guests tonight, take care of them, anything they want is on the house” Bobby said

“Oh no Bobby, that isn’t necessary” Nick said

“I insist…have a good night” Bobby said and smiled at Julie and walked away.

Cause I am falling in love (falling in love) with you
Falling in love with you...
With you...

“We are not ready to order yet…can I let you know” Nick said

“Sure, do you want some drinks?” Carly said

“A coke for me, Julie?” Nick said

“Yes please a coke” Julie said

“Ill be back shortly with two cokes” Carly said and she walked back to the counter as Lucinda and Roo looked at Nick and his date

“Looks like he moved on” Roo said

“Yeah looks like it..so have I ” Lucinda said and smiled

And I would runaway
I would runaway, yeah..., yeah
I would runaway (runaway)
I would runaway with you

“Here you are, two cokes…let me know when you are ready to order” Carly said

“Thanks” Nick said as Carly walked away

“I think we should have a toast” Nick said

“Ok, what are we toasting to ?” Julie said

“I don’t know…a good night?” Nick said and he and Julie clinked glasses then she sipped her coke and smiled…

Cause I am falling in love (falling in love) with you
Falling in love with you...

Background music ends

Bobby looked around the diner, it was busy as it usually was on a Saturday night. She looked at her watch, she was tired and wanted to go home. She didn’t want to be around to watch Roo sing. “ Hi everybody, we have something special today, someone who most of you know is back in town…and what you probably didn’t know is that she is a pretty good singer too. Ladies and gentleman please welcome Roo” Carly said and people began to clap. Grant came out of the kitchen and stood in the door way and clapped

“Thank you..Im going to sing a song that my husband wrote for me…thanks” Roo said and Grant noticed that Bobby put her head down and began to walk towards the counter as Roo began to play the guitar.

Have you ever been alone

Wondering where tomorrow leads to

Have you ever wondered why I"m so glad I found you

Bobby walked into the kitchen, passed Grant and into her office and closed the door

I was just a dreamer going nowhere, just another loser with no one to care.

Julie was sitting next to Nick now, he had his arm around her shoulder, she looked at him, he was focused on the singer. Julie looked away and smiled to herself

Have you ever been alone, wondered where tomorrow leads to have you ever wondered why im so glad I found you

Flashback

Bobby- Why cant you just admit it Frank that you are still in love with her

Frank- Im sick and tired of your jealousy

Bobby- What am I supposed to do Frank, why wouldn’t I be jealous when my husband isn’t making me feel secure

Frank- I married you didn’t i

Bobby- Say it like you mean it and not like I forced you to

Flashback ends

Bobby sighed as a tear ran down her cheek as she listened to Roo playing the guitar

Manhattan- New York

Frank laid the cards on the table and looked at the man sitting opposite him

“I fold” The man said and put his cards down. Frank smiled then he picked up the money on the table $500. Soon he would have enough money to put the deposit on the house for Roo and his family. He looked behind him at Mr James and smiled. Mr James nodded his head at Frank then he looked at the man opposite him and smiled

Bayside Diner at night- Summer Bay

I was just a dreamer going nowhere, just another loser with no one to care.

Have you ever been alone, wondered where tomorrow leads to have you ever wondered why im so glad I found you

Roo stopped playing the guitar and the customers began to clap. Roo smiled then Carly put the jukebox on to some instrumental jazz music

“That was really good Ruth, you are still a good singer” Lucinda said

“Thanks, I was really nervous” Roo said

“Why? You are a natural and that song was perfect…ill get you a drink” Lucinda said then she poured some coke in a glass and put it in front of Roo and walked away to serve some customers

“Thanks Roo, that was really good. Yeah I remember when Frank wrote that song” Carly said

“Yeah, seems like ages ago” Roo said and she drank her coke

“Do you think you can do one more song?” Carly said

“Yeah” Roo said

“Thanks, excuse me” Carly said and she walked off to serve a customer

Grant wiped his hands as Bobby came out of the office

“You ok?” Grant said

“Yeah” Bobby said. She could see Roo sitting at the counter

“Im really sorry about that” Grant said then he sneezed

“Its ok…its not your fault you are sick” Bobby said and smiled as Grant put his around around her shoulder

“I think there is some soup in the fridge, that will help” Bobby said as she could feel Roo looking at her and before she knew what she was doing, Bobby leaned forward and kissed Grant which took him by surprise but he didn’t react. He just smiled

“See you at home” Bobby said knowing that Roo heard what she said

“Thanks for filling in tonight…see you later” Bobby said and smiled at Roo then she walked out of the diner as Roo stared at Grant who went back to washing the dishes…

Chapter 296

Background music- have you ever been alone

“Hi, its me” Roo said as Frank picked up the phone

“Hi, how are you?” Frank said

“Yeah good. I just wanted to let you know that I am leaving here tomorrow” Roo said

“Do you want to me to meet you at the airport?” Frank said

“No, its ok, ill just get a taxi” Roo said

“Ok, how about ill have dinner ready and a bath” Frank said and Roo smiled

“Yes that will be great” Roo said

“How is your dad?” Frank said

“Great, he says he is a new man” Roo said and smiled

“Did you see any of my family?” Frank said

“Yes, I went over to the caravan park, everyone is good…hey guess what?” Roo said

“What?” Frank said

“The diner has extended hours and live music and I performed” Roo said

“Really? I wish I was there to see it” Frank said

“Me too, I sang the song you wrote for me…everyone liked it” Roo said

Morgan Residence- New York

Frank smiled to himself as he remembered the day he wrote the song for Roo. Remembered how he was falling in love with her

“The diner must be doing really well” Frank said

“Yes it is, Bobby is doing a great job. Ailsa said she works at the Resort, has her own catering company and is going to uni” Roo said

“Im glad that things are working out for her” Frank said

“Her boyfriend is not bad on the guitar either” Roo said and Franks stomach dropped

“Her boyfriend?” Frank said

“Yeah, he normally plays the live music at the diner but he was sick so I filled in for him. I guess its pretty serious because they live together” Roo said

“Oh right” Frank said then there was an awkward silence on the phone

Stewart Residence -Summer Bay

“knowing that she has someone doesn’t make me feel guilty” Roo said

“Why should you feel guilty, Bobby and I were over and she knew how I felt about you” Frank said

“Yeah I know…but the way the town folk look at me, I still feel like it was my fault” Roo said

“Look, I love you alright….I don’t care what they think” Frank said and Roo smiled to herself

“I better go..I love you so much Frank” Roo said

“Yeah, me too…hey I bought a rattle for the baby” Frank said and Roo laughed

“Im not even pregnant yet” Roo said

Morgan Residence- New York

“Yeah, I know but no harm in getting ready” Frank said as he took the rattle out of the bag and looked at it and smiled

“Ok, Ill see you Wednesday…bye” Roo said

“Ok, safe flight..bye” Frank said then he put the phone down. He smiled at the rattle then put it back in the bag. He walked over to the closet door and opened it, he put the bag inside then took out his guitar. Frank went back to the couch and sat down. He opened the guitar and took it out. Before he began to play it, he reached into one of the pockets and pulled out the little box

Flashback

Roo- Yeah, he normally plays the live music at the diner but he was sick so I filled in for him. I guess its pretty serious because they live together

Flashback ends

Frank put the box back inside the pocket of the guitar case and began to play the first song that he wrote for Roo as he remembered the first time she told him that she loved him..

Simpson Residence- Summer Bay

“Morning” Grant said as he walked into the kitchen

“Sorry, I hope I didn’t wake you…I just wanted to clean the kitchen. I didn’t realize the cupboards were so dirty” Bobby said trying to avoid Grant…She couldn’t believe she did what she did last night..right now she wanted the ground to open up and swallow her up, it was really awkward and she felt very embarrassed

“Bobby…about last night” Grant was interrupted

“I better get going, I need to go to the sands” Bobby said as he tried to walk away but Grant grabbed her arm and lead her over to the dining table and she sat down. He sat opposite her, she couldn’t look in his eyes. She felt embarrassed

“Im sorry…about what I did…its just that ” Bobby said without looking up then was interrupted

“You wanted Roo to know that you were happy and wanted her to go home and tell Frank that you had moved on?” Grant said and Bobby looked up with tears in her eyes and nodded

“Im sorry, I didn’t mean to use you…its just after she sang that song…It brought everything back…and I was back to where I was” Bobby said and she wiped her face with the back of her hand

“Its ok, I understand” Grant said then he grabbed Bobbys hand

“Next time just give me a warning” Grant said and winked as Bobby smiled

“Shes going home on Monday so there wont be a next time…but I guess it doesn’t matter because it is always going to hurt” Bobby said and exhaled

“When the time is right and you find the right man, it wont hurt as much…I promise” Grant said and Bobby shook her head no

“I dont think so..I don’t think I can ever replace what I felt for Frank” Bobby said as a tear dropped from her cheek and Grant gave her a reassuring smile

Background music ends

Gibson Residence- Summer Bay

Julie opened her eyes and looked around her room. She felt like she was having the best dream then she saw the dress she wore last night on the car and realized it wasn’t a dream…it was real…she really went out on a date with Nick and had the best time

Knock on the door

“Come in” Julie said and the door opened and her dad came into the room with a tray

“Whats all this?” Julie said as she sat herself up. Her dad sat at the end of the bed and put the tray down

“I thought I would bring breakfast in bed for my little girl” Alec said and smiled

“So, how did it go last night?”  Alec said

“Oh dad, I felt like I was in a dream…he was so nice..the food was nice…everything was perfect” Julie said as her dad smiled. He was really happy as he listened to more details of the date. Julies mum walked passed the room and stopped as she listened to some of what her daughter said

“So when are you going out again?” Alec said

“I don’t know…he said he is going to phone me tomorrow” Julie said and smiled.

Phone ringing

Julies mum walked past the room and towards the phone

“Hello” Julies mum said

“Hi Mrs Gibson, can I speak to Julie please” Nick said

“Shes gone out for the day” Julies mum said

“Oh right, can you please ask her to call me…she has the number” Nick said

“Ok, I will…bye” Julies mum said then she put the phone down

“Who was that on the phone?” Alec said as he walked into the living room

“Just Alice” Julies mum said and smiled and walked towards the kitchen as her smile disappeared…

Chapter 297

Thank you for coming love” Ailsa said as she hugged Roo. Although their relationship started rocky, they have become friends.

“I wish I was staying longer” Roo said as she put her jacket on

“Yes, me too but you have to get back to that husband of yours and job” Ailsa said with a smile and Roo smiled

“we better get a move on” Alf said as he walked into the living room

“Dad, I can take a taxi, you don’t need to drive me” Roo sid

“Don’t be silly, I want to spend every last minute with my little girl” Alf said and he picked up Roos suitcase

“Ill call when I get to new york. Ro said as she picked up her back

“Alright, give my love to Frank” Ailsa said and Roo smiled and walked towards the car. Alf got in the car as Ailsa and Duncan waved at the door

“Roo got into the car “Oops, I nearly sat on this” Roo said then picked up a small wrapped box

“Sorry about that love…” Alf said

“Hopefully this is a gift for Ailsa” Roo said’

“Ye..yeah it is” Alf said and took the box from Roo and put it on the back seat

“I know I gave you a hard time, but I am glad you married Ailsa” Roo said and smiled at her dad Alf smiled then he put his seat belt on, started the engine as his smiled disappeared then he drove away…

High School- Summer Bay

Flashback

Alf- You make me feel alive…like a new man

Debra- Alf, we shouldn’t be doing this

Alf- We should Deb…I want you

Flashback ends

Door knocking

Debra smiled to herself as she thought of a moment she spent with Alf yesterday then her smile disappeared as she remembered that he was married…just like the last time.

Door knocking

She didn’t want to be caught up in this again but she couldn’t help herself…she had fallen in love with him all over again

“DID I SAY COME IN?” Debra said as looked at Adam coming into the office

“Sorry, I knocked and I didn’t hear anything…I just wanted to get the rubbish” Adam said as Debra stared at him. Adam quickly changed the rubbish bin and rushed out of the office and shut the door and began to walk along the corridor

“Oh sorry” Adam said when he looked up to see Megan smiling at him. Adam smiled then he walked around her and continued to walk down the corridor. Megan turned around and looked at Adam and smiled to herself…

“Is there a reason why you are not in your class room teaching?” Megan jumped then turned around to see Debra standing behind her

“I I I was just getting a photocopy” Megan said

“Shouldn’t you be more prepared before the class?” Debra said

“I I I am sorry, I will” Megan said then she rushed off as Debra stared at Sandra as she walked to her classroom…

Police Station- Summer Bay

Nick put the phone down and sighed.

“Whats wrong with you? Jim another policeman said

“I don’t know…you know I went out with Julie on Saturday, I thought the date went ok but everytime I call, her mum said she is out. I think she doesn’t want to talk to me” Nick said

“Why? you’re probably the only bloke who would be interested in a Sheila in a chair…I couldnt do it” Jim said as Nick gave him a bad look

“Look, I don’t mean to be cruel but its true…it’s a big responsibility…maybe she realized that and is backing off.” Jim said and Nick sighed

“Yeah…I suppose but at least she can tell me that” Nick said

“Just forget her….some of us are going to the city this weekend, ill introduce you to some city girls” Jim said and Nick smiled

“Ok” Nick said

“Good on ya…im going on patrol” Jim said and left the station as Nick sighed

“Mum, who was on the phone?” Julie said as she rolled herself into the kitchen

“Just Alice…why are you expecting a phonecall?” her mum said

“Well, Nick said he was going to phone” Julie said disappointed

:Look love, don’t get your hopes up....you know” Julies mum said and Julie sighed

“I thought that…maybe Nick would be different” Julie said

“He mustve thought about the big responsibility it is being with someone like you and changed his mind” Julies mum said and Julie sighed

“Yeah…maybe you are right” Julie said…she knew her mum was right

“Its for the best anyway love…Im just going over to the shops, I wont be long” Julies mum said

“Ok” Julie said the she watched her mum leave and close the door. Julie rolled herself into her room and close to her bed. She lifted herself from her chair and onto the bed.

Flashback

Nick- I had a really good time

Julie- Yeah me too

Nick - I want to see you again

Julie- I want to see you too

Nick – Can I kiss you

Julie- Yes

Nick- Its getting late, I don’t want your parents to worry…ill call you tomorrow after morning patrol

Julie- Ill be waiting

Flashback ends

Julie laid back on her pillow and looked at the ceiling as a tear rolled down her cheek

Background music ends

Chapter 298

Two weeks later

Inn- Waldorf Creek

Alf put his watch on as Debra buttoned her blouse. Once he put it on, he went back and sat on the bed. Debra looked at him then smiled and kissed him on the lips

“I better get going” Alf said and Debra nodded

“Ill try and call you later” Alf said and smiled

“Ok” Debra said then he kissed her again and walked out of the hotel room. Debra looked at the time, she told Mr Fisher that she had a doctor’s appointment…she was never absent from school but she had to be with Alf. Debra sighed then got up and put her jacket on walked into the bathroom to fix check her hair. She looked in the mirror and put her hand up to her neck and touched the necklace that was slightly peaking out from under her blouse that Alf gave her. She gently held onto the locket on the chain, it was of a book. Alf knew she loved to read. Debra smiled as she thought about how thoughtful he was then her smile disappeared and she sighed, he was a married man…she was having an affair…but maybe it wasn’t an affair…because they were already a family. Debra sighed then she turned off the bathroom light and prepared to leave..

Alf closed the car door and smiled to himself. He really enjoyed spending time with Debra even though he knew it was wrong, but having her in Summer Bay made him feel like a new man…he felt alive..a feeling that he had to admit that was missing in his life. Alf started the engine and was just about to began to drive off

“G;day Alf” Alf looked out of his driver side window

“G;day Michael….what are you doing here?” Alf said as his heart beat

“Oh I just came to pick up some parts from the shop over there” Michael said as he pointed to an engine parts shop

“Oh right” Alf said as he looked in his rear view mirror, hoping that Debra had come come out of the hotel

“What are you doing here?” Michael said

“I had a meeting with some of the blokes from the rotary club” Alf said after searching for an answer.

“Has the rotary club changed locations?” Michael said confused

“N…no sometimes we go to different towns..to make it easier for everyone to attned” Alf said trying to sound convicning

“Oh right…well I was never into that kind of stuff anyway” Michael said

“Right…anyway, I better get back, I ‘m already late back and I know your wife is not going to be happy” Alf said and laughed

“Righty-O” Michael said and waved as Alf drove away. Alf breathed a sigh of relief. He had to remember to tell Celia the same thing…

Pawn Shop- Yabbie Creek

Pippa closed the door and walked to the counter as the owner walked out of the back

“Hello…come to get your rings?” The owner said remembering Pippa

“No…not yet…how much can I get for this?” Pippa said and she opened her bag and put Toms wedding ringer, a clock and a necklace on the counter.

The owner picked each item up and inspected them. He picked up the jewllery and shone a light on them to make sure they were gold

“$150” The owner said and Pippa sighed. The ring alone was worth more than that. Pippa sighed

“Ok” Pippa said and the owner started filling out the receipt book” Pippa watched him as he did it. She had to find a way out of this because she didn’t know what to do…

Chambers residence Yabbie Creek

Marilyn folded the blouse as best she could with her broken arm and put it into the suitcase. Her cousin had left and the house was being sold by the end of the month. She had intended to find a place but then she had the accident. Marilyn pushed the suitcase over and sat on the bed. She picked up the news paper and looked at the ad she had circled, it was a job at the Sands Resort as a hair dresser. Although Marilyn could work at Maggie’s, she felt that there was too much competition however it was this idea of the applying for the job at the resort is what got her and Ben into a fight. Marilyn sighed. She knew that he was just looking out for her best interest…staying at Maggies would be the best place for a new hair dresser learning the ropes. Marilyn sighed then she put the newspaper down. Ben was right, he knew what was best for her, she was going to stay at Maggies. Marilyn looked at her watch and gasped, she had to run, she had an appointment to go and look at a flat for her and hopefully Ben. She felt that it as only a matter of time before he proposed. Marilyn smiled to herself as she walked out of the door…

Edison Agency- Manhattan

Roo sighed as she looked at the paperwork on her desk, then she looked up at Nancy who had taken over the Boston agency set up since Roo told Helen her boss that she wanted to stay home.

“Ruth, do you have the receipt for the Johnson account?” Nancy said. Roo smiled then opened her draw, opened a folder then as she took the receipt out, Nancy walked over to her desk

“Thanks” Nancy said

“Youre welcome…how is it going up there?” Roo said’

“Really good, you have to come up for the grand official opening since you did so much to get the office to this point” Nancy said

“Yeah, Id like that” Roo said and smiled as she watched Nancy walk over to her desk

“I think I need a personal assistant…what with having to work, plan a wedding…im just so busy” Nacy said as she put her hand on her forehead and looked at Roo who faked a smile

“How is the wedding planning coming along?” Roo said not knowing why

“Well we did initially want to have the wedding here, but Donavan wants the wedding moved to California which means sending new invites out, changing caterers..however, I am hoping to wiork some of my charm on him tonight for us to keep the wedding here..hes coming to Boston with me for the week” Nancy said as Roo felt her stomach drop.

Roo looked down at her paperwork on her desk feeling confused

“Darling, I thought I was meeting you at the airport” Roo looked up to see Nancy walking around her desk and her heart fluttered as she saw Donavan. Donavan kissed Nancy then looked over to Roo

“I thought Id come and pick you up, make things easier” Donavan said

“Well I am nearly ready, just have to give these reports to Helen, I wont be long” Nancy said then she walked away. Roos heart was beating fast as Donavan walked over to her desk

“Hi” Donavan said and smiled

“Hi” Roo said and smiled. At that very moment, she wished she could get up and hug him…feel his arms around her

“How is work?” Donavan said

“Yeah, good…you?” Roo said. She was feeling uncomfortable and hoping Donavan wouldn’t pick up on it as she tried to play cool

“Great” Donavan said and stares at Roo

“Congratulations…on the engagement…I hope you will both be very happy” Roo said as she faked a smile

“Thanks” Donavan said as he stared at her

“Im ready to go now” Nancy said and Donavan turned around

“Bye Ruth, have a good week” Nancy said as she picked up her back and walked towards the door

“Bye” Ruth said as she watched them both walk out the door then she immediately felt sad…..that couldve been her with Donavan..him wanting to follow her werrever she went.. Roo sighed and began wondering if she had been making the right decisions….Roo opened the draw and took out her bag. She opened it and took out the packet of pills. She opened one and put it into her mouth and picked up a glass of water from her desk and drank some. She didn’t know if she was making the right decisions but until she was sure…she needed to protect herself

Macklin Office- Manhattan

Frank chewed his sandwich and carefully put the baby bodysuit into the bag and put the bag into his bag. Frank smiled to himself…soon…real soon his baby would be wearing the bodysuit and he couldn’t wait…

Chapter 299

Summer Bay

“If you don’t mind Reverend Jones, can we stop here and have lunch?” Steve said as he took off his backpack. Reverend Jones looked around and at the view at the top of the cliff

“Yes, I think this is a great place to stop” Reverend Jones said and took off his back pack. Steve spread a blanket on the floor and they both sat down. Steve sighed as he took out his sandwiches from the bag. He looked at the sandwiches. Bobby made them specially for him and Reverend Jones. Steve carefully unwrapped the sandwiches and just as he was about to take a bite, Reverend Jones poked him. Steve stopped and turned to look at Reverend Jones who had his head down in prayer. “Amen” Reverend Jones said then he opened his eyes and looked at Steve “Amen” Steve said and Reverend Jones smiled at him

“Now, what do we have here?” Reverend Jones said as he looked at the sandwich he took out of his bag. Steve didn’t respond, he just ate the sandwich and looked ahead of him

“Something bothering you my son?” Reverend Jones said as he unwrapped his sandwich. Steve shrugged his shoulders

“I dunno, just seeing my Aunt Donna…she looks so much like my mum” Steve said

“How does it make you feel?” Reverend Jones said then bit into his sandwich and turned himself slightly so he was facing Steve. Steve shrugged his shoulders then put the sandwich down on the paper bag in front of him

“My aunt, she has no children..she is married though…she asked me if I would think about going to live with her in England…not straight away..she said I can think about it…maybe go to school there next year” Steve said and he looked at Reverend Jones who wiped his mouth with a napkin

“How do you feel about that?” Reverend Jones and Steve sighed

“She is my family I suppose…but so is Pippa and Carly and Sally..Chris…Viv…Tammy” Steve said

“Is that what you want to do?” Reverend Jones

“Ive been thinking about it for the last two weeks…she is my family and I get to be in England..have a fresh start” Reverend Jones

“Fresh start from what?” Reverend Jones said and Steve put his head down

“Roberta losing baby Thomas?” Reverend Jones and Steve nodded.

“I know its easy for me to say but it truly wasn’t your fault” Reverend Jones

“Then why do I feel so guilty? Frank asked me to look after Bobby and I didn’t” Steve said

“My son, you wasn’t to know what was going to happen” Reverend Jones

“If I stay here, I will always be reminded of what happened” Steve said

“But running away isn’t going to change what happened” Reverend Jones said.

“I know but at least I can forget about it…not having to see Bobby or be around when Frank calls” Steve said

“Have you spoken to Philippa about this?” Reverend Jones and Steve shook his head no

“What do you think I should do?” Steve said

“Before you make the decision, ask yourself the question, will I be at peace and be happy with this decision five years from now?I think it is wonderful that you reconnected with your aunt. You can build new memories together..by letter through post cards and visits, but if you do plan to go to England…let that be the reason you go…not because you want to leave memories behind” Reverend Jones said. He wished he could tell Steven not to go, but it wasn’t his place. He had grown to love all of Philippa’s children like his own..he wished they were his own that’s why he was excited that Steven asked him to visit

“Reverend Jones..thank you for coming hiking with me…I just wanted someone to talk to…you know with Tom not being here…and Frank” Steve said

“Thank you for inviting me…anytime you need me, I will be here for you” Reverend Jones said and smiled then he put his arm around Steve who exhaled. He needed to feel the comfort…the comfort he used to feel around Frank and Tom..

“I really cant believe the social workers said Tammy and Viv have to go back” Steve said

“Yes, it really is unfortunate but Reverend Newton is a fine man, now that he is home hopefully things will be better for all the family” Reverend Jones said then he bit his sandwich and sighed

Newton Residence- NewCastle

“Here we are home sweet home” John Newton said as he turned the car engine off. He turned to the passenger seat and looked at Viv who was staring into her lap

“I promise, things are going to be much better now” John said as Viv looked at him, he gave her a reassuring smile. Viv was numb. Yesterday she was spending the evening with Steve and Sandra, life was so good, and now she was back here…back to a place where all she felt was hurt. Viv looked to her left to see her mum opening the front door. She walked towards the car

“Hello love’ Angela said to Viv then she looked at the back seat and smiled at Tammy

“I made your rooms nice, and made us a nice lunch…come on, lets go inside” Angela said and she opened the door and smiled. Viv looked at her then she got out of the car and walked towards the boot

“No need to get your bags, sweetheart, dad will do that for you..come on, lets go inside before the lunch gets cold. Angela said as Tammy got out of the car. Angela walked ahead to the house as Viv and Tammy looked at each other then they slowly followed her into the house..

Background music ends

Stewart Shop- Summer Bay

“Mr Stewart, I packed all the boxes in the back, ill get started on putting the cans on the shelf” Blake said as Alf looked at an invoice

“Good on you mate” Alf said and smiled. He enjoyed working with Blake, he was a good kid and very hard working

Alf heard the door to the shop open and he looked up and smiled when he saw Debra walking in.

“G’day” Alf said and smiled

“Hello….I just came in for a few things” Debra said as she picked up a basket

“I could’ve brought that around later” Alf said and Debra blushed then she walked around to the fridge. Alf went back to looking at the invoice again then he looked up when the door opened. He felt his stomach drop as Ailsa walked in with Duncan

“Im sorry love, can you look after Duncan for a while? The babysitter isn’t feeling well” Ailsa said then she sat Duncan on the counter then shortly after Debra came around to the counter

“Debra hi” Ailsa said

“Hello” Debra said and smiled. She was hoping that Ailsa wasn’t suspecting anything

“Ive been asking Alf to invite you but he keeps forgetting, what are you doing tonight? We would love to have you over for dinner..you know just us adults” Ailsa said and smiled and Alf began to panic

“Love, maybe another night, I have all this paperwork to do” Alf said then he looked at Debra

“Love you are always doing paperwork, lets relax” Ailsa said

“That’s is very kind of you….but its short notice” Debra said. There was no way she could go to Alfs home…with his wife

“Me and Karen can take care of ourselves” Blake said as he came around the corner

“Then its all settled then…we will see you around 7:30” Ailsa said then she kissed Duncan and Alf and rushed out of the shop as Alf and Debra looked at each other….

Chapter 300

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“Hmmm that was wonderful Roberta” Reverend Jones said as he wiped his mouth. Bobby smiled as Steve picked up Reverend Jones plate and Pippa’s plate and took them to the kitchen. “I hope you have room for desert” Bobby said and she got up and walked over to the fridge opened it and took out a cake box and put it on the table. She went into the pantry and took out some plates, put the box on top of them and carried the plate to the table. Bobby opened the box

“Yummy that is nice” Sally said as she leaned into the box and smiled. Bobby carefully cut even pieces of cheesecake and put them on the plates and passed them to Pippa, Reverend Jones and Sally. She cut a smaller size and put it on a plastic plate for Christopher

“I don’t want any desert…Im just going to go to my room if that’s ok Pippa” Steve said

“We are having a family dinner, sit down and eat the dessert” Bobby said

“Its alright Bobby” Pippa said

“No its not alright, we are eating together as a family…he cant just walk off because he is in a mood” Bobby said then she looked at Steve then he turned around and walked off

Bobby put the knife down on the table “Right, I don’t know what his problem is but this is going to stop right now” Bobby said as she turned around and began walking towards the stairs

“Roberta” Reverend Jones said and he stood up

“be caring..he is your brother” Reverend Jones said and Bobby sighed.

Steve laid back on his bed and stared at the ceiling. He wished he could be downstairs with his family, eating…just like they used to..having fun, talking but he just couldn’t. Anytime he was near Bobby the guilt ate him up inside

Knock on the door

Steve wanted to ignore it but he knew that he couldn’t

“Come in” Steve said then the door slowly opened and Bobby walked into the room with two plates of dessert

Bobby walked over to the bed and sat down as Steve sat up, and she put the two plates of cheesecake on the bed

“Im sorry I shouted at you…I brought a peace offering” Bobby said and smiled. Steve didn’t respond

“I know I have been really busy lately with school and the work but I want you to know that I am still your sister and I miss you. Maybe we can go for a run like we used to” Bobby said and she playfull hit Steves forearm. He didn’t respond, he just looked down at his hands

“Steve…whats wrong? You’ve been really off with meBobby said then Steve lifted his head up and looked at Bobby as a single tear ran down his cheek

“Steve, whats wrong?” Bobby said with a concerned look on her face “..what did I do?” Bobby said and Steve shook his head and exhaled

“I did something Bobby…Frank asked me to look after you and I didn’t…and Baby Thomas is gone,,,and its my fault” Steve said then he burst into tears “Bobby…Im sorry…that’s why I have been distant, it’s the guilt, I feel so guilty for not protecting” Steve said and Bobby exhaled. She didn’t know that this was the reason why Steve had been distant with her. Bobby pushed the plates back and sat closer to Steve

“It wasn’t your fault…I don’t blame you for anything Steve…it just wasn’t meant to be…its ok, you don’t have to feel guilty” Bobby said trying not to cry herself as she put her arm around Steve “Its ok” Bobby said as Steve put his head on her shoulder and cried.

Background music ended

Bob Barnett laughed at Alfs joke and drank some of his wine as he stared at Debra. He had seen her around but tonight she looked beautiful. Her hair was down and curled and she was wearing a nice dress. He was skeptical when Ailsa invited him for dinner last minute but he is glad that he came

“So, Debra, how are you settling into your house?” Ailsa said with a smile as she looked at Debra

“Good thanks, the plumbing in the bathroom is a bit of a trouble but the landlord said he will fix that” Debra said and drank her wine

“I can fix it” Alf and Bob both said at the same time then looked at each other

“That’s the beauty of living in such a small community, there is always lots of help when you need it” Ailsa said and smiled as she stroked Alfs arm

Debra smiled back uncomfortable and jealous then she drank some of her wine. She really didn’t want to be here but she didn’t want to rouse any suspicions

“That is a really nice chain and locket you have on” Ailsa said and Debra’s heart dropped

“Thanks” Debra said and smiled

“If you don’t mind, I would like to make a toast” Bob said and he raised a glass

“To new friends and the future” Bob said and he winked at Debra as they all clinked gloves

“Ill take these into the kitchen if you are finished” Alf said  as he reached for Ailsa’s plate. He was annoyed with Bob, annoyed that Bob was interested in Debra.

“Ill help you” Debra said

“Oh don’t be silly, you are our guest, Alf will be alright on his own…lets go into the living room” Ailsa said and she got up and Bob followed leaving Debra and Alf in the kitchen

“Im sorry for coming ” Debra whispered

“Its not your fault love…you look beautiful tonight” Alf whispered and Debra blushed

“Can you meet me later at the shop? Alf whispered

“I don’t know” Debra was interrupted

“Come on you two, I thought I was going to have a search party” Bobby Barnett said then he grabbed the bottle of wine on the table as Debra walked out of the kitchen

“Mate, I think I am in heaven…she is perfect” Bob said and Alf faked a smile as he watched Bob walk out of the dining room. The last few hours had been awkward. He had seen the way Bob was looking at Debra, but there was nothing he could do about it.

Archived