Homecoming Part 3

:)

Chapter 281

Lawrence Residence- Summer Bay

Debra stared at her daughter as she ate her cereal. Karen looked up to see her mum looking at her

“Why are you staring at me” Karen said

“I expect more from you…fighting in school” Debra said

“It wasn’t my fault…I told you…that girl was picking on me because I am the new girl…isn’t that right Blake” Karen said

Blake looked up from the comic book he was reading “ Yeah” he said then returned to looking in the comic as Debra sighed

“Well you are going to have to do the detention you got from Mr Fisher…ill talk to the other girls mother” Debra said

“I don’t think he likes me…I was really hoping to fit in here” Karen said

“Give it some time, its only been a few weeks” Debra said

“I know…I just miss my other school and my friends” Karen said and sighed then got up and walked over to the sink and put her bowl inside. Debra walked over to her and hugged her

“Everything will be fine” Debra said with guilt and Karen smiled to herself..

Stewart Residence- Summer Bay

Alf winced as he drank some of the indigestion medication

“Love, you really ought to go and see the doctor , you’ve had that indigestion for too long now” Ailsa said as she gave Duncan some toast

“Im alright love, this stuff will do the trick” Alf said and drank some of his tea then he looked at his watch

“I better get going, I am going to the Yabbie creek” Alf said

“Ok love…don’t forget, if you see Debra, see when she is available for dinner” Ailsa said

“Will do” Alf said then he kissed Duncan on the head and Ailsa on the cheek and left the house. Ailsa looked at Emma who was staring into her bowl of cereal

“Is everything ok love?” Ailsa said as she looked at Emma

“Fine” Emma said without looking up

“Are you ready to talk about why you had the fight the other day?” Ailsa said

“I told you it was nothing. That girl just attacked me for no reason” Emma said

“People don’t go around attacking others for no reason” Ailsa said

“Well Karen Lawrence did” Emma said

“Karen Lawrence, her mum works at the school?” Ailsa said

“Yeah” Emma said

“I noticed that lately you have changed, is everything alright?” Ailsa said

“Fine..im going to be late for school” Emma said and she picked up her cereal bowl, put it in the sink and walked out of the house as Ailsa sighed

Caravan Park – Summer Bay

Pippa walked into the living room with the laundry basket. She looked at the laundry and thought about how she was going to wash clothes when the little bit of money she had ran out. Pippa put the basket on the dining table and started sorting the different colour towels and shook her head when she found on of Sallys jeans. Pippa started checking the pockets to make sure there was nothing in them before she ut them in the wash when she felt something in the pocket. She pulled out a piece of paper and smiled then she put the picture on the fridge holding it in place with a fridge magnet and continued with her laundry

“Pippa have you seen the papers I left on the table?” Carly said as she came down the stairs

“Yes, I put them on the desk” Pippa said

“Thanks” Carly said and Pippa poked her head out of the laundry room

“What is that for?” Pippa said

“Oh, it’s a job ad, Bobby wants me to hire someone extra” Carly said

“I thought Lucinda was working on Saturday night” Pippa said

“She is but that is temporary…we need someone Friday and Saturday” Carly said

“I can always help out if you need someone” Pippa said

‘Thanks but I don’t think Bobby would want you to be there permanently. Anyway I got to go..Ill see you later” Carly said and she rushed out of the house. Pippa sighed then she scratched her head and as she was about to put her hand down she stared at her empty ring finger and sighed…

“Oh here are the letters” Carly said a she came in, handed the letters to Pippa and rushed out again. Pippa sat down at the dining table and looked at the letters individually..all bills. She sighed then she got to one letter addressed to Steven. Pippa looked at the stamps, they were from England…it was probably his Aunt. Pippa sighed then she leaned back as she thought about potentially losing her son…

High School- Summer Bay

“I f I need your help I will ask for it” Debra said with a stern look to Lucinda. She was in the administrative office trying to find the details of Emma Jacksons parents and couldn’t find the file. After the response to Lucinda she didn’t want to admit that she needed some help. Debra sighed then continued looking in the files and finally found Emma. She opened the file and noticed that it wasn’t Emmas full academic file meaning she was probably only at the school temporarily. Debra turned the page over looking for parents details and her heart dropped when she read that Alfred Stewart was one of Emmas guardians. Debra sighed then she put the file back in the filing cabinet and closed it. She glanced over at Lucinda who was typing away and she walked out of the office.When she closed the door, Lucida stopped typing then picked up the phone and began to dial

“Hello can I speak to Matt please…” Lucinda said

The Bistro- The City

“Matt, phone” The assistant said and Matt put his pen down and walked over to the phone

“Hello, Matt speaking” Matt said

High School- Summer Bay

Hi Matt, its me, how are you doing?” Lucinda said

“Good, how are you?” Matt said

“Ok, I just wanted to find out if you were doing anything this weekend and wanted to come to Summer Bay and finally teach me how to surf?” Lucinda said

“Its hard to do much ob weekends because its so busy” Matt said

“Oh right, well I might just come down to the city then” Lucinda said

“Sure, youre always welcome here” Matt said

“Thanks” Lucinda said

“Anyway, I better go” Matt said

“Ok, Ill see you on Friday…bye” Lucinda said and smiled to herself and put the phone down. She really enjoyed spending time with Matt….being around him reminded her of how much she still missed Shane..

The Bistro- The City

Matt put the phone down. He liked hanging out with Lucinda, she felt like a big sister to him because she knew his brother. He sighed as he thought about the lie he told Lucinda. He really wanted to surf, it had been a while but he was still upset about what Carly said that he didn’t want to be around her or see her with her new boyfriend. As far as he was concerned, she didn’t exist…

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 282

Chapter 282

High School- Summer Bay

Ailsa parked the car, reached for her bag on the passenger seat and got out of the car. She looked into the sea of students in front of her to see if she could see Sandra or Emma

“Hi Mrs Stewart” Ailsa looked behind her to see Sandra who hugged her

“Hello there, did you have a good day?” Ailsa said

“Yes” Sandra said

“I will give you a lift home, ill be out shortly. I just want to go and have a word with Ms Lawrence” Ailsa asid

“Oh, if you don’t mind, I have to finish my project with Craig, we are meeting in the library” Sanda said

“Ok love, ill see you at home” Ailsa said and smiled. Sandra had blossomed into a wonderful sweet girl. Ailsa sighed as she thought about Emma as she walked into the school

“Oh hi Aunt Ailsa” Lucinda said as she was coming out of the school buikding

“Hello love, where is Ms Lawrence’s office?” Ailsa said

“Its just straight down on the left” Lucinda said

“Thanks” Ailsa said and she walked in the direction that Lucinda told her. When Ailsa got to the office door she knocked. When there was no response, she knocked again then she slowly began to open the door

“I DIDN’T SAY COME IN!” the shouting made Ailsa jump and close the door. That was not what she was expecting. Afew seconds later the door flew open

“Oh” Debra said as she saw Ailsa standing at the door

“Oh, im sorry, I didn’t mean to disturb you” Debra said, here she was….face to face with Alfs wife

“Oh that is quite alright, I was actually on a phone call…Ailsa is is?” Debra said

“Yes…I was wondering if I could have a word with you” Ailsa said

“Yes of course, please come in…its funny you came here because I wanted to have a word with you..about Emma” Debra said as they both walked into the office and sat down

“As you are aware, fighting will not be tolerated in this school and trouble makers will be dealt with accordingly” Debra said.

.“Yes I am aware…however Emma said that the fight was initiated by your daughter” Ailsa said

“And Karen said Emma picked on her because she is the new girl” Debra said

“Kids...Well whatever the truth is, they are both in the wrong” Ailsa said

“I suppose so” Debra said and she stared at Ailsa as the room became silent and awkward

“So when did you move out of Summer Bay?” Ailsa said with a smile

“I never lived here” Debra said

“Oh, I just assumed since Alf said he knew you, that you were a resident of the bay” Ailsa said

“No, I met Alf years ago in the city, that is where I am from” Debra said

“Oh right, must be a bit different living here” Ailsa said

“Yes…it has its moments” Debra said

“So will your husband be joining you soon? Ailsa said

“No, we are divorced” Debra said

“Oh, I am sorry to hear that…well if you ever need any thing down at the house, let me know, Alf is good with a hammer and some nails” Ailsa said and she got up

“Thanks Ill keep that in mind” Debra said

“What are you doing on Friday, we would love to imvite you to dinner” Ailsa said as Debras heart dropped

“Do you mind if I let you know?” Debra said

“Yes of course” Ailsa said and smiled

“Ok then, ill see you later” Ailsa said and smiled and she walked out of the office. Debra closed the door and leaned behind it then sighed

Caravan park- Summer Bay

“Hi Mrs Fletcher” Tammy said and hugged Pippa

“Where are the others?” Pippa said

“They are just coming” Tammy said and smiled. A few seconds later Sally, Steve and Viv came through the door

“Hi, how was school?” Pippa said

“Alright” Steve said

“By the way, there is a letter for you on the desk” Pippa said to Steve. She watched him as he walked over to the des, pick up the letter and walk up the stairs. Pippa sighed

“Just going to do my homework” Viv said and Pippa smiled and nodded as Tammy followed her upstairs

“Sally, how many times have I told you to empty your pockets before you put our dirty clothes in the laundry basket” Pippa said with a pretend cross face “Sorry” Sally said innocently

“You nearly made me ruin this nice picture you drew” Pippa said and she took the picture off from the fridge
“I didn’t draw that picture” Sally said

“It was in your pocket” Pippa said confused

“I found it in one of the vans… Sally said and she walked towards the stairs as Pippa looked at the picture…

High School- Summer Bay

“Hi” Adam turned around to see Emma standing behind him

“G’day” Adam said

“I just wanted to say thanks for the other day, and trying to break the fight up” Emma said

“No worries” Adam said and he began to walk away

“Adam” Emma said and Adam stopped walking and turned around

“I just want to say, I am really sorry about everything…..and it probably doesn’t mean anything but I really like you and I am sorry for lying” Emma said and looked at Adam and walked away. Adam watched Emma walk away. He couldn’t lie, he really did like her. She was spunky, gorgeous and everything he looked for in a woman but she was too young. Adam sighed the he returned to picking up the cans on the floor….what he didn’t see what that Karen was hiding and  heard the entire conversation and smiled slyly to herself and quietly walked away…

Sandra looked up from what she was writing and looked at Craig. He was not writing, he was staring at the wall

“Craig, are you going to do any work?” Sandra said. Craig ignored her

“Craig?” Sandra whispered then Craig looked at her

“We have to finish, I don’t want to get in trouble with Ms Lawrence” Sandra said

“I don’t care” Craig said as he played with his pen. He was right..he didn’t care…nothing mattered..only Jonathan and how being with Jonathan made him feel

“Whats wrong with you? You are acting really different these days” Sandra said and Craig didn’t responde

“Maybe you don’t want to get a good mark but I do” Sandra said

“Well do it yourself them” Craig said then he got up..picked up his bag and walked out of the librbary

Stewart Shop- Summer Bay

Debra exhaled and opened the door of the shop

“Be with you in a tick” Alf said as he heard the bell abve the shop dppr indicate that someone had entered his shop

“What can I get you” Alf said as he came around the corner and saw Debra standing by the counter

“G’day Deb” Alf said and smiled. She still looked exactly the same way he remembered all those years ago

“How are you?’ Alf said

“Good….I just wanted to get some milk” Debra said and smiled then she waslked over to the fridge, took out a gallon of milk and walked back to the counter and put the milk on the counter. Her hands were shaking, she was sure that he could see her heart beating fast in her chest

“Ailsa came to see me today” Debra said as she took her purse out of her bag

“Yeah…some trouble with Emma” Alf said

“She asked me how I know you” Debra said and Alfs expression changed

“Don’t worry, I said I meet you in the city” Debra said and smiled

“Oh…right…she invited me to our home for dinner” Debra said

“Yeah…she asked me to invite you..you can come if you want” Alf said

“Thanks…I don’t think it’s a good idea..you know” Debra said

“Yeah” Alf said

“How much do I owe you for the milk?” Debra said

“$3” Alf said and watched Debra take some money out of her purse. As she handed the money to Alf…their hands touched and they looked at each other for that split second they were back to where they were seventeen years ago. Debra began to blush and Alf smiled.

The bell above the door making noise interrupted then and Debra pulled her hand away

“G’day Mr Stewart” Debra turned around to see her son. He had come to work a few hours after school like he had done

“Start with the boxes out the back” Alf said and Blake nodded then he smiled at his mum and went to the stockroom

“Ill see you later” Debra said and smiled then she walked out of the shop. When the door closed behind her, Debra exhaled. Before she walked to her car, she turned around to see Blake and Alf laughing together and she sighed then walked towards her car…

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“Come in” Steve said and Pippa opened the door

“How was school?? Pippa said

“Ok” Steve said and continued to rite his homework

“I noticed the stamps on the letter are from England, I assume it was your Aunt” Pippa said

“Yeah, shes coming next week” Steve said

“Oh it will be nice to meet he, she can come for dinner” Pippa said

“No, ill just meet her in the city…I don’t want to make a fuss..you know” Steve said

“Alright then….dont forget you are on kitchen duty today” Pippa said and smiled

“Ok” Steve said and Pippa sighed and walked out of the room and closed the door and sighed…

Emma closed the door the house was quiet, which meant there was nobody home. Emma put her bag down and sat on the couch. She stared at the phone then got up and went over to it. She picked up the receiver and began to dial

Emotional background music

“Hello…mum..please don’t put the phone down” Emma said and before she could finish, the line went dead. Emma fought back the tears until she couldn’t anymore then she cried. She wiped her face then walked over to bar and picked up a bottle of gin. She opened the bottle and put it up to her mouth. The liquid burned as it ran down the back of her throat

“What are you doing?” Emma turned around to see Alf standing there. She didn’t realize that he was at hme, he must have been in the garden

“What does it look like?” Emma said

“What did I tell you last time about drinking grog in this house?” Alf said as he grabbed the bottle from Emma

“You cant tell me what to do, if I want to drink its my business” Emma said

“Not while you are living under this roof. You better get your act together young lady” Alf said

“OR WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT? Emma said

“HOW DARE YOU TALK TO ME LIKE THAT IN MY OWN HOME” Alf

“ILL GO THEN..NOT LIKE YOU WANTED ME HERE ANYWAY” Emma said.

“YEAH GO ON, CLEAR OFF” Alf said then realized that maybe he was being too harsh. Alf leaned forward and grabbed Emma’s arm.

“DON’T YOU DARE TOUCH ME” Emma screamed as she spun around.

Flashback

Emma- Please don’t….please stop…you’re hurting me…please stop

Flashback ends

As Emma spun around she was just in time to see Alf clutch his chest  and struggle to breath then in slow motion he let go of the gin bottle, it dropped to the floor and smashed then shortly Alf fell to the floor.. Emma stood in shock as she watched Alf drop to the floor. A few seconds later the front door opened

“Hello, anyone home” Ailsa said then she saw Alf lying on the floor

“CALL AN AMBULANCE” Ailsa said as Emma froze. Ailsa rushed over to Alf

“EMMA CALL THE AMBULANCE” Ailsa screamed

Dramatic emotional background music ends

General Hospital- Summer Bay

“Ailsa” Pippa said as she opened the door. Ailsa exhaled then got up from her seat and hugged her friend tight. When she let go Ailsa could see all the tears forming in her eyes

“How is Alf? I came as soon as Sandra called” Pippa said as they sat down

“I don’t know…they rushed him inside as soon as the ambulance got here.. he had been having chest oains but he kept saying it was indigestion….oh Pippa, what if I lose him…I thought I was going to lose him to prison and now it looks like I am going to lose him again” Ailsa said and she started crying. Pippa hugged her and sighed. This felt very familiar to her….going through this with Tom, thinking the last time was just going to be like the others, and he was going to be alright but he wasn’t…

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“Summer Bay Caravan park” Steve said as he answered the phone

“Hello Steven, how are you?” Reverend Jones said

“Good, Reverend Jones, how are you?” Steve said

“Doing just fine, how are your studies?” Reverend Jones said

“Ok” Steve said

“That is wonderful. May I please speak to Phillipa?” Reverend Jones said

“Shes not here..shes gone to the hospital” Steve said

“Oh, I hope there is nothing wrong?” Reverend Jones said

“Alf Stewart collapsed at home, it sounds serious, Pippa has gone to be with Ailsa” Steve said

“Oh that is terrible news, I will keep Alf in my prayers. I will call tomorrow to find out how Alf is doing” Reverend Jones said

“Ok… Reverend Jones” Steve said

“Yes my son” Reverend Jones said

“When are you coming to visitr?” Steve said

“Well, I didn’t have any immediate plans, why is there something wrong?” Reverend Jones said

“No, its just that last time you said you would go hiking with me…that’s all” Steve said

“Yes, I did say that…and I am sorry that hasn’t happened. I have a prearranged engagement this weekend, how about next weeked if it is alright with Phillippa?” Reverend Jones said

“My Aunt will be here from England” Steve said

“Oh right, well what about the weekend after that?” Reverend Jones said and Steve smiled

“That’s great…ill tell Pippa when she gets home” Steve said

“Alright…well my regards to everyone else…and I will see you next week..goodbye” Reverend Jones said then he put the phone down. Steve put the phone down then he picked up the Fletcher family photo. He didn’t know how he was feeling

“Who was that on the phone” Sally said

“It was Reverend Jones” Steve said

“Oh, Pippa said she was going to take up to visit the animals” Sally said

“Well she cant now can she?” Steve said then he put the photo down on the desk and walked away. Sally walked towards the desk and picked up the photo. She stared at Frank then she put the photo face down and walked away

Macklin Office- Manhattan

Frank sighed the bottom of the letter and handed to the assistant who was waiting to take it away

“Thanks” Frank said then he turned back to his computer screen and searched for the cost effective budget figures for the account he was working on

Phone ringing

“Macklin corporation, Frank Morgan speaking” Frank said when he picked up the phone

“Hi, its me” Roo said and Frank sighed. They were still not on good terms after she ruined his socks.

“Im busy” Frank said

“This wont take long, I just wanted you to know that I am going to Australia tonight…I just had a call from Auntie Celia, my dad was rushed to hospital, she thinks it’s a heart attack” Roo said

“Sorry to hear that…are you on your way back to New York?” Frank said

“No, I managed to get a flight that leaves from Boston in three hours…I just wante to let you know” Roo said

“Thanks…well safe flight, and I hope Alf is alright…let me know when you get there” Frank said

“Ok…I will…thanks…bye” Roo said and she put the phone down. Frank sighed and then he put the phone down. He leaned back in his chair and guilt came over him

flashback

Frank- Hi Pippa, I got a message saying I had to call you

Pippa- Thank you for calling Frank

Frank- Is there something wrong?

Pippa- I am sorry to tell you this but Tom passed away this afternoon

Frank- What? What do you mean?

Pippa- He was in the car with Bobby and Steven and he had a heart attack and crashed the car

Frank- Are Bobby and Steve ok?

Pippa- Yes they are fine, just a few cuts and bruises

Frank- Im going to get a flight, ill be home as soon as I can

Pippa- There is no need for you to do that

Frank- Pippa, I need to be there..the man who raised me has died..I need to be there

Pippa- There is nothing for you to do love. Besides it’s a very expensive flight just to come back for a funeral

Frank- Pippa I have to come and say good bye

Pippa- Its ok, Tom knew how much you felt about him

Frank- What about you? We need to all be together at a time like this

Pippa- We are fine, everything will be fine

Frank- I feel so helpless

Pippa- You can send some flowers, that will be ok

Frank- Pippa, I want to come home

Pippa- Sweetheart, its ok…

Frank- Ill send some money to help with the funeral

Pippa- I am fine, sweetheart, that money is for your future..its ok..ill call you tomorrow

Frank- Pippa are you sure?

Pippa- Yes, I am fine

Flashback ends

Frank didn’t always see eye to eye with Alf, but he knew how much Alf and Roo loved each other. Even though he and Roo were not on the best terms, he hoped that she would see her dad before it was too late. Times like this he really missed his family. Frank opened the drawer and took out the fletcher family photo and smiled. He looked at Sally then at Bobby, he loved them and missed them the most….

Beach- Summer Bay

Emma hugged her knees as a tear fell down her cheek

Flashback

Ailsa- Emma what happened…what happened

Emma- I I I

Ailsa – Say something! Where is the ambulance??

Flashback ends

Emma closed her eyes as more tears fell down her cheek…as soon as the ambulance came she rushed out of the back door and ran….she ran as fast as she could until her legs got tired and she ended up on the beach. It was dark and she was alone, but she didn’t care. Nothing mattered anymore…her mum didn’t want her, nobody wanted her…what was the point. Emma opened her eyes and exhaled and she stood up. She stared at the sea then took off her shoes then slowly began to walk. With every step she took she felt free, like this as the right thing she was doing..she was finally going to be free from everybody and all the pain. Emma wiped her face and exhaled as she started feeling the water at her ankles. Soon after she felt the water coming up to her knees. Emma smiled…soon it was going to be over. She continued to walk

“HEY”

Emma heard someone in the background but she didn’t care, she continued to walk. By now the water was up to her waist

“HEY WHAT ARE YOU DOING”

Emma continued to move forward; the water was up to her shoulders. Emma inhaled then exhaled then she closed her eyes and put her heard under the water…

Bayside diner after dark- Summer Bay

“When did this happen?” Bobby said as she stood in the kitchen

“Earlier today” Carly said and sighed as she looked at Bobby. Bobby sighed, it was as if it was yesterday that Tom had a heart attack in the car and died

“You thinking about Tom? Carly said

“Yeah” Bobby said and sighed

“Im going to head over to the hospital, see if Ailsa is alright” Bobby said

“Ok” Bobby said and she walked out of the diner.

General hospital- Summer bay

“We got a pulse but its very week” The paramedic said as they wheeled Emma into the emergency .

Ailsa drank her coffee. There was still no news on Alf. She looked ahead as she noticed the hospital bed being wheeled away then she saw long dark hair . Ailsa looked and she noticed Aam and she got up and walked towards him

“Adam, what is going on?” Ailsa said as Adam sighed

“Its Emma” Adam said and Ailsa looked at him in shock

Two days later

Ailsa zipped the bag as Duncan watched her. She wiped a stray tear from her cheek and inhaled. She only rushed home to get a few things for Duncan and Emma. Luckily Alf was responsive after his surgery, he did have a heart attack but still wasn’t out of the woods yet. The doctors were telling her he was lucky, he could’ve died. Ailsa couldn’t process that, the thought of Alf dying and leaving her alone. Emma was also lucky to be alive. Adam found her just in time but unfortunately she got an infection so had to stay in hospital, but she was going to be fine.

“Knock at the door”

Ailsa looked at the door, she wasn’t expecting any visitors. Ailsa looked at Duncan and smiled then she walked over to the door and opened it. Ailsa got a shock as Roo turned around. Ailsa immediately grabbed onto Roo

“I got here as fast as I could” Roo said as she hugged Ailsa. Over the recent years they had become close and Ailsa was glad that Roo was here.

“How is he? I wasn’t sure which hospital he was at so I came straight here” Roo said

“He had the surgery at general. I am on my way back. I just came to get a few things for Duncan to take him to the babysitter” Ailsa said as she looked down at Duncan who was playing. Roo bent down and hugged Duncan. He looked up at her but didn’t say anything, then went back to playing with his toys.

“Ill head back with you” Roo said

“Do you want a coffee or anything, you’ve had a long flight” Ailsa said

“Ill get some water now, ill get something from the hospital I just want to see dad” Roo said and walked towards the kitchen. She hadn’t been home in a while, but it still felt the same

Knock on the door

Ailsa went to the door and opened it

“Hello Ailsa, I was just passing and saw your car and wanted to find out if there was anything you needed” Colleen said

“No, everything is fine here, thank you” Ailsa said

“How is Alf doing, tell him we all send our prayers” Colleen said as she heard a door close

“He is responsive, the surgery went well. I am jusy on my way back there” Ailsa said as Roo came into the living room

“Roo, nice to see you love..shame its under these circumstances” Colleen said and she hugged Roo who looked shocked at Ailsa

“Yeah” Roo said and smiled

“Ok, well I will leave you to be on you way. Everything is under control there at the shop.  Don’t forget, if you need anything I am just a phonecall away” Colleen said and she waved goodbye and left

“Thanks colleen” Ailsa said and smiled.

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Pippa sighed as she put the phone down. She called the pawn shop to find out what other valuables they would take since the money she had was running out. Pippa walked over to the dining table and sat down. She vouldnt believe she was in this mess

Knock at the door

Pippa got up and walked over to the door and opened it

“Can I help you? Pippa said

“I am looking for Aviva and Tamara Newton” The man said

“I am their guardian, how can I help you? Pippa said

“Oh I am sorry, please excuse my manners, I am Reverend John Newton, their father” Reverend Newton said and looked at Pippa

Diner- Summer Bay

“Just a coffee to take out, I don’t want to be late for the shop, Celia is going by the hospital” Colleen said as she got to the counter of the diner

“Here you go ” Carly said as she poured the coffee into the plastic cup

“Hey lance, can you go and pick up the napkins from the store when it get quiet” Bobby said as she walked into the diner with some letters in her hand and walked into the kitchen. Bobby put her keys on the table and opened a letter

“Hi Carly, can I please have a toasted sandwich to take out? Lucinda said as she walked up to the counter

“I just went around to see Ailsa, I can tell she is trying hard to keep it all together, she is such a strong woman, I would be falling to pieces” Colleen said as she put some milk in her cup

“I went to the hospital last night, I am going to go there again tonight” Lucinda said

“Good on you love, Times like this you need yo need friends and family around you and she has more family help now” Colleen said

“I am not sure what you mean” Lucinda said as she looked confused

“With Roo rushing here from New York, there is more help for Ailsa. I mean it was such a lovely thing for her to do. They were always very close” Colleen said. Bobby froze

“She is?” Lucinda said excited

“Yes, I just saw her at the house with Ailsa” Colleen said

“Anyway, I better get off, I don’t want to be late. Thanks love” Colleen said and walked out of the diner as Bobby walked into her office and closed the door. She walked over to the chair and sat down. She threw the letters on the desk. So many things were going through her mind…. how was she gong to face Roo knowing that she had been sleeping with her husband. Bobby inhaled deeply, what if Frank came too? Bobbys heart started beating fast..how was she going to face him? Bobby didn’t know what to do….

Chapter 284

General hospital- Summer Bay

Roo wiped the stray tear from the corner of her eye as she watched her dad sleep. She gently held his hand and looked at the machine that was monitoring his heart and exhaled. She was happy that she got here in time, and happy that he was still alive. Roo had mixed feelings about being back in Summer Bay, she never thought she would come back. Roo felt a gentle movement then she looked down at her hands then up at her dad who was slowly opening his hands

“Dad” Roo said softly and Alf slowly turned his head and smiled

“Ruthy…youre here” Alf said and Roo gently squeezed his hand and stood up and kissed his cheek

“You gave us all a fright there” Roo said as she returned to her seat

“You didn’t need to come all the way here…you know youre old dad is tough as old boots” Alf said and coughed

“Are you ok?  Do you want some water?” Roo said concerned As Alf shook his head

“I am glad that you are going to be ok dad…I don’t know what I would’ve done if I lost you” Roo said as a tear fell to her cheeks .Over the last few years she did give her dad lots of trouble but he always still forgave her…even after getting pregnant, he was always there for her

“Im glad youre here too love” Alf said and squeezed Roos hand and smiled

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Reverend Newton looked around the house then Pippa came out of the kitchen with a tray and put it on the dining table.

“Thank you” John said as he picked up a cup and poured some milk and sugar into it as Pippa looked at him

“This is a nice house” John said then he sipped some of his tea

“We, we all like it” Pippa said as she poured some milk into her cup. She watched as John drank more of his tea. He looked nervous and there was an awkwardness in the air

“What time did you say the girls will be home?” Reverend Newton said

“They should be here shortly, its only a 15 minute walk home from the school” Pippa said

“In the mean time, I want to take this opportunity to thank you for taking care of them” John said and smiled. Pippa smiled

“Reverend Newton” Pippa was interrupted

“Please, call me John” Reverend Newton said and before Pippa could say anything Tammy, Sally, and Viv came through the door talking then Viv and Tammy stopped when they saw their father

“Hello girls” Reverend Newton said and stood up  as Tammy and Viv looked at each other

Emma looked at the wall then turned her head as she heard the door open. Sandra walked in and closed the door behind her

“Hi” Sandra said then Emma turned back to the wall. Sandra sat on the chair next to the bed

“I just wanted to see how you are doing” Sandra said. Emma didn’t respond

“Im sorry about what happened” Sandra said then Emma turned her head and looked at her

“No youre not, youre probably laughing about it with everyone at school” Emma said

“That’s not true” Sandra said. Her and Viv actually stood up to Karen and the others who were making a joke about Emma trying to commit suicide

“Yeah, I bet,” Emma said

“Im not lying. Anybody who said anything I gave them a serve for it” Sandra said

“Look just rack off and leave me alone” Emma said then she turned her head back to the wall

“Ive tried really hard to be your friend, but you think youre so tough that you don’t need any friends. You can do what you like, I don’t even know why I cared to even come here” Sandra said then she got up

“wait” Emma said and Sandra stopped and sat down again

“Thanks for coming to see me” Emma said and smiled then Sandra smiled

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“So, how have you been?” Reverend Newton said

“Ok” Viv said

“Mrs Fletcher seems like a nice lady” Reverend Newton

“She is, we love living here” Viv said as she looked at her dad

“You know its only temporary….thats why I am here” Reverend Newton said and Tammy and Viv looked at each other

“You did get my letter?” Reverend Newton said

“Yes I did…how did you know we were hear?” Viv said

“Your mum told me everything that happened…shes really sorry” Reverend Newton

“So that’s why you are here?” Viv said

“No, I am here because I want my girls home”  Reverend Newton

“Im not going home with you” Tammy said and she got up and ran towards the house. Tammy opend the door

“Tammy” Pippa said and Tammy ran straight to her

“I don’t want to go Mrs Fletcher, I don’t want to go home” Tammy said as she cried. Pippa sighed and gently stroked her hair.

Roo opened her eyes. She couldn’t believe that she had fallen asleep.. She sat up on the bed and looked around her old room and smiled. It was as if she was still living there, the room was neat and all her favorite pictures where still on the wall. She wanted to stay at the hospital but the nurses insisted that Alf get rest.  Roo opened the door and walked towards the kitchen

“Hello love, hope you had a good rest” Ailsa said

knock on the door

“Ill get that” Roo said as she walked towards the door while tying her hair back

“RUUUUUTTTTTHHH” Lucinda said and hugged Roo really tight. Roo responded by hugging Lucinda tight

“Its so good to see you, you look fantastic” Lucinda said as she smiled at Roo and they went into the house

“I am so happy to see you Lou…I just wish it wasn’t like this” Roo said

“How is your dad?” Lucinda said

“He isn’t completely out of the woods, but the surgery was a success” Roo said

“That is wonderful news” Lucinda said as Ailsa came out of the dining room

“Hello love, we are about to have dinner, would you like to stay?” Ailsa said

“No thank you Aunt Ailsa, I was hoping to kidnap Roo” Lucinda said and smiled

“Ruth how about dessert before dinner?” Lucinda said and Roo laughed. When they were younger they would always go and have an ice cream before dinner

“I haven’t done that in ages” Roo said and smiled

“Can we bring you anything back?” Lucinda said

“No, you two go and have a good time…Ill leave some dinner in the oven for you Roo incase you want it” Ailsa said

“Thanks” Roo said and she reached for her jacket on the chair and put it on then she followed Lucinda out of the house.

Emma looked at the food on the plate, she wasn’t really hungry. She drank some of the juice and pushed the tray away then she looked at the door as it opened

“Hi” Adam said as he closed the door behind him

“Hi” Emma said and smiled

“How are you?” Adam said

“Ok…thanks for saving me” Emma said

“No worries..anyway I was just passing and wanted to see if you were alright” Adam said

“Thanks, I appreciate that” Emma said

“I guess Ill be going then” Adam said

“Ok” Emma said and Adam looked at her then he opened the door and let himself out. Emma inhaled then exhaled then laid back on the bed and looked at the ceiling…

Bayside diner at night- Summer Bay

Background music- jukebox

I talk to you but it's not the same as touchin' you
And every time you whisper my name, I want to run to you
Well be together, it won't be long, it won't be long
But it feels like forever, and it's hard to be strong

“Carly you really need to hire someone” Bobby said as she put the plates in the sink

“I put the job ad in the paper, but I don’t think you would want the people who turned up, working here” Carly said and Bobby rolled her eyes

“Maybe you can ask Pippa” Bobby said. After what happened last time, Carly didn’t want to

“I think she is going to see Ailsa or something” Carly said

“We need some change boss” Grant said as he walked onto the kitchen

“Alright, ill just get some” Bobby said and smiled as she walked into her office to get some change

“Roo” Carly said as Roo and Lucinda walked into the diner

“When did you get here? Is Frank here” Carly said excited as Grant stood behind her listening

“This morning..Frank had to work” Roo said as she looked around the diner. It looked nice. The lights were dim and there were canles on the table

“Oh..How is your dad?” Carly said with disappointment in her voice

“Better, but he is not out of the woods yet” Roo said

“This should be enough” Bobby said as she walked towards the counter, when she looked up, she was looking straight at Roo

“Hi Bobby, how are you” Roo said

“Good, how are you?” Bobby said trying to keep cool even though there was an awkwardness

Baby 'cause I'm missing you now
And it's drivin' me crazy
How I'm needin' you baby
I'm missing you now
Can't wait 'till I'm alone with you
To show you how I'm missing you now

“Yeah, good…this place looks nice” Roo said as Grant looked at her

“Thanks…anyway, I better get back” Bobby said and smiled then turned around

“Tell me about New York? It must be amazing living there…you and Frank must be having the best time” Carly said as Bobby slowly walked into the kitchen trying not to cry  as Grant watched her walk away.

Wishin' you were here by my side is all that I can do
Got my arms around my pillow at night, they should be holdin' you
Thought I was stronger, how could I know, how could I know
I can't take this much longer
It's so hard on my soul

Visiting time is over….only family” The nurse said as she walked into Alfs room

“I am family” The woman said with a stern voice

“Alright then, just 10 minutes” The nurse said and she walked out

The woman sat down on the chair next to the bed and gently reached for Alfs hand. Alf tossed his head slowly then he opened his eyes and smiled

“Debbie” Alf said and smiled as he gently squeezed Debra’s hand

Baby 'cause I'm missing you now
And it's drivin' me crazy
How I'm needin' you baby
I'm missing you now
Can't wait 'till I'm alone with you
To show you how I'm missing you now

Background music ends

Chapter 286

Simpson residence- Summer Bay

Bobby breathed heavily as she opened the fridge and took out a bottle of water. She drank as much as she could then put the cold bottle on her forehead and sighed

“Good Morning” Grant said as he walked out of his bedroom

“Hi” Bobby said and she drank some more water

“Yore up early” Grant said

“Yeah, I went for a run before going to open up the diner” Bobby said

“I didn’t know that you are a runner” Grant said

“Yeah, ran a bit in high school. No big deal” Bobby said

“Why did you stop?” Grant said

“Had do concentrate on passing my HSC” Bobby said then she smiled and walked towards the stairs

“How are you feeling today?” Grant said then Bobby turned around

“What do you mean?” Bobby said

“I obviously couldn’t help overhearing that the girl who came into the diner last night is your exes wife” Grant

“Yeah…anyway, I better go and have a shower” Bobby said then she walked up the stairs, into her room then she closed the door and sat down on the bed

Background music- Frank and Bobbys theme

Flashback

Bobby- I cant believe this is our first official night as husband and wife

Frank- Well you better believe it because you are stuck with me for the rest of your life

Bobby- Really? I might have to rethink this marriage thing

Frank- Don’t you dare

Bobby- Frank this still feels like a dream come true…well not the finding out that Morag is my mum, but you and me

Frank- Yeah. I always knew there was something different with us…it wasn’t the same with Carly or Lynn…or Roo….just you.. but now I know that I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Hey…why the tears?

Bobby- Its just this Morag thing happening right now…and I never thought that the man I dreamed of would want to marry me

Frank – I always wanted to marry you…I just didn’t know it

Bobby- Is it always going to be like this? You know, with us happy?

Frank- Maybe we should go and see floss

Bobby – Frank!

Frank- ok ok…well I promise I will do my part, to protect you…love you…and make you happy

Bobby- I promise to do the same

Frank- Forever?

Bobby- Forever..

Flashback ends

Bobby rested her head on her pillow as tear ran down her face. She didn’t expect that seeing Roo would hurt as much as it does that is why she tried her best to stay in the office last night even though it was busy. Bobby exhaled then she smiled as she thought about what the fortune teller said then sat up and shook her head. She wasn’t going to get a second chance to be happy the way she was with Frank because he wasnt coming back.  Bobby inhaled deeply then exhaled and got up, she had to get on with life…the same way she always had because she was going to be alone…while Frank and Roo enjoyed a happy life...that’s the way it was meant to be…

Background music ends

“ Ailsa said she will be in, in a minute, Emma is being discharged today and she is taking her home.…You look much better today” Roo said as she adjusted her dads pillows

“Do I?” Alf said and smiled

“Yeah, Did they say when you can go home?” Roo said and she sat down

“No, they haven’t said..but you don’t need to hang around here love…just seeing you , I feel much better” Alf said

“Why? Do you want me to go already?” Roo said

“Oh love, I know you have a life and job..and husband…you don’t need to be here with your old dad” Alf said

“I want to be here with you, as soon as Auntie Celia rang, I got the first flight here…Frank wanted to come but he couldn’t get the time off work” Roo said knowing she wasn’t telling the truth

Background music- have you ever been in love instrumental

“You know love, I am really glad that things are working out for you over there…I am happy that Frank turned out to be a good bloke, only the best for my Ruthy” Alf said and Roo forced a smile. She didn’t want her dad to know that her and Frank were not getting on, she didn’t want her dad to know that she wasn’t even sure if she still wanted to be married…Roo just wasnt sure of anything anymore…

Morgan Residence- New York

Frank washed the plate and put it on the drying rack. He wiped his hands on the towel and walked towards the couch. Just as he was about to sit down, he remembered that he had to work on something. He had no plans for the weekend so work was the alternative. Frank opened the closet door and just as he was about to take out his bag, his eye caught sights of the guitar. Frank exhaled then he reached into the closet and reached for it. Frank closed the closet door and went to sit on the couch. He opened the guitar case and looked at it. It still looked new…like he had never played it. Frank reached into the corner pocket and pulled out a small envelope. He opened the envelope and took out the card

F,

Thank you for saving my life. Make music you love..as much as I love you

Forever

B

Frank sighed then he put the card back in the envelope and pushed it back into the side pocket. He felt under the guitar and took out the small box that was wrapped in blue wrapping paper. Frank put the box up to his face and closed his eyes

Flashback

Bobby- This view is wonderful

Frank- Yeah I know

Bobby- I cant believe you never mentioned this place before…Ive never even heard of Shaolhaven

Frank- I guess I wasn’t ready to go back to that memory

Bobby- But why now?

Frank- I dunno…I guess this is the right time

Bobby- Thanks for bringing me here

Frank- Thank you for still loving me Roberta…

Bobby- Ill never stop loving you…never forget that

Flashback ends

Frank put the box in one of the corner pockets of the guitar case and picked up the guitar and played a few notes. It felt just as good as it did in Summer Bay. Frank closed his eyes and gently played a few notes of the song he wrote for Bobby. As he continued to softly play, he could remember how much she loved him, how he felt when he was with her…how she never stopped loving him. Frank smiled then he opened his eyes…he knew…it was time to go home..

Background music ends

Emma put her jacket on as Ailsa sighed a form the nurse had. The nurse smiled at Emma and left the room

“Happy to be going home?” Ailsa said

“Anything is better than here” Emma said

“Look, love…about what you did” Ailsa was interrupted

“I decided that I want to move out..maybe rent a caravan or something” Emma said

“Why on earth would you want to do that?” Ailsa said confused. Emma looked at her

“What happened to Alf, it wasn’t your fault. The doctors said it was bound to happen based on his health” Ailsa said. Emma didn’t show it, but she did feel a sense of relief with Ailsa telling her that but she still felt guilty and knew things would be awkward…especially with Alf telling her to leave

“Look, lets just get you home and after you have had a goo nights sleep in your own bed, things will be clearer for you” Ailsa said and Emma got up from the bed

“Do you want to pop in and see Alf? He is just down there?” Ailsa said

“No…I just want to go” Emma said

“Alright…but we still need to talk about why you had to be dragged out of the sea” Ailsa said and smiled as Emma looked at her…

“Im just going to go out and get a coffee…I wont be long” Roo said and she got up

“Alright love” Alf said and he watched Roo go out. When the door closed Alf leaned over and pulled out a small envelope. He opened the envelope and pulled out the card

Alf,

Wishing you a speedy recovery

Love

Debbie

Alf smiled then he put the card back into its envelope and behind his pillow and leaned back and thought about seeing Debbie's face last night when he opened his eyes..

Lawrence Residence- Summer Bay

Debra tied her hair back and she swept the living room.. Blake was at work and Karen was in her room listening to music. As Debra got to the mantle piece she stopped sweeping and looked at a photo of the twins when they were younger. Debra smiled then picked the photo up and looked at it

Flashback

Debra- I wasn’t sure if it was the right thing to do, coming here, but I wanted to know that you are alright

Alf- Thanks love, I am glad you came

Debra- OF all the towns, I happen to turn up in the town that Alf Stewart lives in

Alf- That’s a bit rough, you make it sound like it’s a bad thing

Debra- Haha, no its not, its just quite a coincidence

Alf- I guess it is..It really is good to see you love

Debra- Its really good to see you too

Flashback ends

Debra exhaled as she thought about seeing Alf last night and how it made her feel. Debra put the photo back on the mantelpiece and sighed….she still couldn’t believe that she was here…with him..As long as the past stayed in the past..everything would just be fine…

Chapter 287

“Home sweet home” Ailsa said as Emma sat on her bed. Ailsa put her bag on the chair

“Is there anything I can get you before I head back? Ailsa said

“No” Emma said as she took off her jacket

“At some point, we are going to have to talk about what happened…you know” Ailsa said and Emma didn’t respond. Ailsa looked at her

“Ok, maybe not now. Ill leave you to get some rest. Ill be home in a few hours” Ailsa said and she smiled at Emma and walked out of the bedroom. Emma sighed then she waited for Ailsa to close the door then she laid down on the bed and began to cry..

Bayside Diner- Summer Bay

Background music- diner jukebox

You can tell your friends just what a fool I've been
And laugh and joke about me on the phone
You can tell my arms go back to the farm
You can tell my feet to hit the floor
Or you can tell my lips to tell my fingertips
They won't be reaching out for you no more

“I honestly could’ve gotten a sandwich from the hospital canteen” Roo said as they walked into the diner

“I know but I have missed you so much” Lucinda said as they walked up to the counter. Nick turned around and he accidently spilled his coffee on Lucinda

“Oh sorry” Nick said as he looked at Lucinda. He didn’t know where he stood with her, probably no where

“Its ok…Nick, this is my cousin Ruth…Ruth this is Nick Parrish” Lucinda said

“G’day” Nick said

“She grew up around here but is now living a glamorous life in New York with her husband” Lucinda said as Roo smiled

“So you probably know my family then, Bob Barnett” Nick said

“Yes I know him” Roo said noticing that Nick was handsome

“So what brings you home?” Nick said

“My dad isn’t well” Roo said

“Oh…sorry to hear that” Nick said

“Her dad is Alf Stewart” Lucinda said

“Oh right, I heard he was in the hospital…I hope he gets better soon” Nick said

“Thanks” Roo said

“Anyway, I better get going” Nick said then nodded and walked towards the door

“Is that Nick…Nick?” Roo whispered and Lucinda nodded

“He seems nice” Roo said then she looked up to see Lance putting salt in the salt pots

“Hi Lance” Lance looked up

“G’day” Lance said

“I didn’t know you worked here” Roo said as she tried to stop herself from laughing at the idea

“Yeah, I do” Lance said as Sandra came out of the kitchen. Lucinda and Roo looked at each other, surprised by Lance stern response. 

But don't tell my heart
My achy breaky heart
I just don't think he'd understand
And if you tell my heart
My achy breaky heart
He might blow up and kill this man

“Hi” Sandra said to Lucinda and Roo with a big smile on her face as she walked out of the kitchen while opening a packet of napkins

“Sandra this is for the table over there” Bobby said as she came out of the kitchen with two plates

“Ok” Sandra said and she put the napkins down and took the plates from Bobby.

“Hi” Lucinda said and Bobby forced a smile

“What can I get you?” Bobby said as she looked at both Lucinda and Roo

“Let me see” Roo said and she picked up the menu as Lance looked at her then at Bobby.

You can tell your mom I moved to Arkansas
You can tell your dog to bite my leg
Or tell your brother Cliff whose fist can tell my lip
He never really liked me anyway

Or tell your Aunt Louise, tell anything you please
Myself already knows I'm not OK.
Or you can tell my eyes to watch out for my mind
It might be walking out on me today

Bobby tried not to look at Roo as she looked at the menu. Things felt very uncomfortable and Bobby was hoping that she was the only person who could feel the tension. Bobby had a quick glance at Roo and had to admit that Roo looked really nice..well she always looked really nice. Bobby quickly looked down at what she was wearing…her typical uniform. A dirty t shirt and jeans. Her hair had grown back enough to put it into a ponytail with a few unruly strands falling out at the sides

“Sorry Im late, there was a bit of traffic” Grant said as he walked into the diner. Bobby smiled; she felt a bit of relief seeing him. Grant walked into the kitchen with a box of supplies and Bobby followed him. As Grant explained about the traffic, Bobby could see from the corner of her eye that Roo was watching them as Grant put his arm around Bobby.

“Bobby, Lucinda and Roo want two ham and cheese toasted sandwiches please” Sandra said

“Ill see you later” Grant said and he rushed out of the diner. He made eye contact with Roo and smiled

“See you later” Lucinda said as she sat down in the booth opposite Roo and Grant smiled and walked out of the diner

Lance watched as Sandra walked over to Roo and Lucinda with a tray of two cokes then he went into the kitchen as Bobby stood in front of the fridge staring at it

But don't tell my heart
My achy breaky heart
I just don't think he'd understand
And if you tell my heart
My achy breaky heart
He might blow up and kill this man

“Err Bobby” Lance said and Bobby opened the fridge door. She took out the ingredients for the sandwiches and put them on the table and shut the fridge then looked at Lance who was staring at her

“What?” Bobby said

“Frank didn’t deserve you” Lance said and Bobby exhaled

“Thanks” Bobby said and smiled then Lance nodded then picked up the broom and started sweeping.

Nick took a bite out of his sandwich and chewed then sipped his coffee. He turned is radio down a little bit while he ate. He picked up the newspaper on the seat next to him and put it on the steeing wheel. He looked up when he heard some laughing. It was the girl he met the other day in the wheelchair. Her dad had just put her in her seat and walked towards the direction of the diner. Nick started the car and slowly drove forward

“G’day” Julie turned around

“Hello constable Parrish” Julie said as she put the brake on

“You remember my name?” Nick said

“I will always remember the name of the man who tried to run me over” Julie said

“I am really sorry about that” Nick said then Julie smiled. Nick noticed how her face lit up when she smiled

“I was only joking…how are you?” Julie said

“Good, you?” Nick said

“Just going into the city with my dad…we always stop by here and get milkshakes” Julie said and smiled then she put her break on and turned her chair towards the beach

“The water looks beautiful” Julie said and closed her eyes as Nick watched her

“I have some time, I can take you down there if you want” Nick said. He didn’t know why he said it. Julie opened her eyes

“Thanks but no thanks…I didn’t bring my beach wheels today” Julie said

“Oh…Im sorry” Nick said and Julie started to laugh

“I was just joking” Julie said and Nick smiled

“You need to have a sense of humor stuck in this thing” Julie said. Nick detected some hurt in her voice

“Ready to go love” Julie turned around to see her dad walking towards her

“Constable” Julies dad said and Nick nodded his head

“I guess I will see you same time same place again next week” Nick said

“You don’t have to wait that long, you cant take her out of you want” Julies dad said as he gave her the two milkshakes and opened the car door

“Dad” Julie said with a shocked look on her face. Although Nick was taken aback, he liked Julie

“If you wouldn’t mind” Nick said and he looked at Julie whose heart was beating fast

“Umm sure” Julie said

“Well that settles that then…here is our telephone number” Julies dad said as he walked towards Nicks car and gave him a piece of paper

“Thanks” Nick said

“Don’t wait too long though, she has a line of guys waiting” Julies dad said as she closed her eyes and shook her head

“I wont…have a good day” Nick said and smiled then he drove off as Julies dad put the milkshakes in the car

Julie stretched out her arms as her dad picked her up and helped her into the car. She shut the door and waited for him to put her chair in the back then sat down in the drivers seat then he looked at her

“Dad what did you do that for? You just embarrassed me” Julie said as her dad started the car engine

“Anyway, he probably wont call anyway” Julie said as she picked up the milkshake

“They never do” Julie said to herself and sighed..

Stewart Shop- Summer Bay

Debra put the bags in the back of her car and closed it

“Debra, hi” Debra turned around to see Alfs wife walking towards her

“Hi, how are you” Debra said

“Good…doing some shopping?” Ailsa said

“Yes” Debra said and smiled

“Alf can have visitors so you can pop over to the hospital if you want” Ailsa said

“Thanks, Ill keep that in mind” Debra said and she walked over to the drivers side of her car then she smiled at Ailsa and got in the car. Ailsa smiled then continued walking towards the entrance of the shop

Flashback

Alf- Thanks for the card

Debra- I don’t know if it’s a good idea now…maybe your wife will see it

Alf- Its only a card between two old friends…It must be a sign or something

Debra- What do you mean/.

Alf- You turning up here....you brought some much needed good memories with you

Debra-Yes, you always said I had a way of making you feel good

Flashback ends

Debra sighed the she started the engine and drove away…

Chapter 288

Roo walked out of her bedroom when she heard the door close

“Hello love, I wasn’t sure if you would come back here or go to the hospital” Ailsa said as she walked into the kitchen with some grocery bags

“Yeah I wanted to come home and unpack” Roo said as she helped Ailsa take the cans out of the grocery bags

“Did Emma come out of her room?” Ailsa said

“No, I haven’t seen her” Roo said

“She must still be asleep…poor girl” Ailsa said

“Thanks for coming home love, I know your dad really appreciates it” Ailsa said

“I expected Summer Bay to be different but its still the same just a few more unfamiliar faces” Roo said

“Must be nice catching up with your old friends” Ailsa said

“Well I wouldn’t really call them that…most of the town hated me before I left” Roo said

“That’s all water under the bridge now” Ailsa said

“Yeah, I suppose” Roo said

“Is everything alight?’ Ailsa said

“Yeah fine, it must be the jetlag” Roo said and smiled

“The resort looks nice. Ill definite have to go there before I go back” Roo said

“Yes it is, Bobby is doing a fantastic job there” Ailsa said

“Bobby?” Roo said

“Yes, she is the catering director over there” Ailsa said

“But I saw her at the diner today” Roo said

“Yes, she has quite the workload, she works there, does all the business side of the diner, has her own catering business and she is doing her degree” Ailsa said as she put a can in the cupboard as Roos heart sank. For some reason hearing all that made her jealous…even though there was nothing for her to be jealous of…she had the great life in New York…with Frank

“Good, Im glad” Roo said as she thought about her and Frank and how things were not going well for them

“How is Frank? Im sure Pippa will want to know how he is doing” Ailsa said and Roo exhaled and forced a smile

“Yeah, he is fine…you know, working a lot” Roo said and smiled

“Well when you get a chance, pop over to the caravan park, Im sure Pippa will want to hear that for herself” Ailsa said

“Yeah maybe later. I am going to Auntie Celias place for dinner…meeting her new husband” Roo said

“Oh right, yes, Michael is really nice” Ailsa said

“I still cant believe that Auntie Celia is married” Roo said and shook her head

“Yes it was quite a surprise for all of us too but she appears to be happy and that is the most important thing…do you want a cuppa? Ailsa said

“No thanks, I am just going to finish unpacking” Roo said and she smiled then she walked towards her bedroom and closed her door.

Background music – Have you ever been in love

Roo closed the bedroom door and walked over to the dressing table and sat down. She looked at herself in the mirror and pulled her hair tighter in the ponytail and smoothed down her eyebrows. She opened one of the draws and took out a small photo album. She slowly scrolled threw the photos until she stopped at one. It was an old photo of her and Bobby, they were dressed up going to a school formal. They had a really good time. Her mum helped then get dressed. As Roo looked at the photo she thought about what Ailsa said, all the great things Bobby was doing. In a way, Roo was glad to hear that Bobby was getting on with her life after what happened…that way people would be less likely to keep blaming her for her pursing love and leaving to be with Frank…now she didn’t know if she wanted to be with Frank, and if it was all worth it.

Roo sighed then she put the album back into the drawer and walked over to her bed and sat down. She felt so confused…she would be going back home soon…things were not good with Frank….she didn’t know what was going to happen and at this point..her and Frank were two different people…wanting two different things… …their last argument, Frank said he wished he ever came to the US with her….she agreed, she wished she never went with him… Roo felt trapped…

Morgan Residence- New York

Flashback ends

Bobby- Thank you for writing this song for me

Frank- Youre welcome

Bobby- Frank…never forget what I said

Frank- What?

Bobby- That I don’t want you to forget that I love you

Frank- I wont, I promise

Bobby- No…don’t say that

Frank- Say what? You said you don’t want me to forget and I said I promise I wont

Bobby- No…don’t promise…I know that nothing is guaranteed

Frank- I know…and I am telling you..I will never forget…and you never forget

Bobby- Ill never forget…

Flashback ends

Frank stared at the ceiling then he looked to his side table and picked up the little box. The moonlight shone through the gap in the curtain illuminating the apartment. Frank slowly opened the box and smiled then he slowly closed the box and wrapped his hand around the box and put it on his chest and exhaled

“I never forgot” Frank said out loud then he smiled to himself and turned over to his side and closed his eyes as a nice feeling came over him. For the first time in a long time he felt a little bit of happiness…he was going home…

Background music ends

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Pippa heard footsteps coming down the stairs and she quickly folded the bill and put it into her pocket

“I thought you were going out?” Pippa said as Carly came down the stairs

“Yeah, well I was supposed to be meeting Ben but he said something came up…Ill probably go and hang out at the diner and bother Bobby until I start” Carly said

“You really enjoy working there don’t you?” Pippa said with a smiled

“Yeah..I really think that things are coming together for me now, you know..with this job and Ben” Carly said

“I think so” Pippa said

“Oh by the way I forgot to tell you, Roo is back” Cary said and Pippas stomach dropped

“Is she? I guess it makes sense because Alf is in the hospital” Pippa said

“Yeah, she said Frank couldn’t come because he couldn’t get the time off”

Carly said

“Oh, that’s a shame” Pippa said

“Yeah, that’s what I said, would’ve been nice to see him…sometimes I wish that he was still living in the city…close enough for us to see him” Carly said

“Well he is living his life..we cant begrudge him for that” Pippa said

“I know…but since Tom died and he came home, it just felt good to have my older brother home..i just miss him” Carly said

“I think Steve misses him too, he asked Alex to go hiking with him and then there is the situation with Sally” Pippa said

“Do you have some calling card, I want to call him” Carly said and she got up and walked towards the desk. Pippa looked at her watch

“Not now, it’s the wee hours of the morning…lets not wake him up” Pippa said and Carly walked back to the dining table and sat down

“I want to ask a favour of you” Pippa said

“Ok”  Carly said

“When you see Roo, don’t mention anything to her…you know about Sally and everything else that has been going on here…I don’t want Frank worrying and turning up “ Pippa said

“Maybe I should, then he can come him” Carly said

“I mean it Carly…say nothing? Pippa said

“Ok Ok I wot say anything” Carly said and she poked her tongue out at Pippa who picked up her cup and drank her coffee

“Where are your rings?” Carly said

“Hmm? Pippa said

“Your rings, you never take them off” Carly said pointing to Pippas finger

“Oh they must be upstairs still, I was cleaning them earlier” Pippa said with a smile hoping she convinced Carly

“Oh right..I think I am going to take a walk on the beach…ill see you later” Carly said then she got up and walked out of the house. Pippa sighed then she looked down at her finger and closed her eyes because she didn’t know how she was going to get herself out of the trouble she was in..

Chapter 289

Three days later

“Sorry this couldn’t wait until tomorrow, I did tell my dad that I was going to come and say goodnight to him” Roo said as she parked the care

“That’s ok, you go inside, I wait out here” Lucinda said

“Thanks, I wont be long” Roo said and she got out of the car.

Alf and Debra both laughed

“Yes, I remember it well” Alf said as Debra looked at him as they reminisced about old times

“It really is nice to have you around love” Alf said

“Yes…its ben quite and adjustment but I glad that I came” Debra said and smiled then Debra turned her head as the door opened. She got a shock as she looked at the woman who came through the door

“Ruthy love, I wasn’t expecting you back tonight” Alf said as Roo looked at her dad then at the strange woman sitting near his bed

“Me and Lucinda are going to the sands and I wanted to come and say goodnight” Roo said with a smile

“Thank you for thinking of your old dad” Alf said as Roo walked over to him and gave him a hug

“Ruthy, this is Debra Lawrence, and old friend and the new deputy headmistress at the school, Deb, this is my daughter Ruth” Alf said as Roo looked at Debra and smiled

“Hello Ruth’ Debra said  as a very familiar smile, smiled back at her

“Hi” Roo said

“Ruthy is living a glossy life in New York with her husband…shes in PR” Alf said with a big smiled as Debra smiled

“Ok, well I better go, Lucinda is in the car…did the doctor say when you can go home?” Roo said as she adjusted her dads pillow

“Hopefully by Thursday..but if you need to get back home..you can” Alf said

“No, I want to wait until you get home and settled” Roo said

“Thanks love…have a nice night” Alf said and smiled

“Ill see you tomorrow” Roo said and she kissed her dad on the forehead and smiled at Debra

“Night” Roo said then she walked out of the hospital and the door closed behind her

“Oh dear…maybe it wasn’t a good idea me coming here” Debra said

“Why not?” Alf said

“I don’t want Ruth to maybe get the wrong idea” Debra said

“Its just two old friends  talking about old times” Alf said

“Maybe I should go” Debra said as she went to stand up then Alf grabbed her hand

“No….dont go yet…” Alf said

“I shouldn’t be here Alf” Debra said as she looked down at Alf grabbing her hand then up at him

“I want you here” Alf said as he looked at Debra and smiled. Debra smiled///she was where she wanted to be too..

Bayside Diner- Summer Bay

Flashback

Frank- I didn’t mean to hurt you

Bobby- Well its too late for that now

Frank- I should’ve been honest a long time ago…honest to myself. I never stopped loving Roo

Bobby- that’s just great isn’t it? My husband admits to me that he couldn’t have possibliy loved me when he was still in love with his ex

Frank- Bobby, it wasn’t like that

Bobby- What is it like then Frank? There is no other way…just go on and admit that you never loved me and you and me was just a joke…since you now what to tell the truth why don’t you just admit that?

Flashback ends

Bobby wiped the tear that fell to her cheek and she sighed and shook her head. She really thought she could handle Roo being in town but every time she saw her…or just knowing that she was here, brought up the past. She looked at her watch and yawned. She came straight here from Uni to taking care of the accounts and do some menus for the resort. Bobby yawned and drank some of her coke then she put the glass on the desk, picked up the folders on the dersk and her bag, got up and walked towards the door. She opened it and walked into the kitchen. The diner was not as busy as usual. Carly was wiping the empty tables and Grant was washing the dishes.

“Hey, all done?” Grant said

“Yeah, just going over to the sands and then home” Bobby said and she yawned

“I don’t know how you do it” Grant said as Bobby picked up a banana from the fruit bowl

“Do what?” Bobby said

“Everything you do with work and Uni and running your business” Grant said

“Keeps me busy” Bobby said

“But what about time for yourself?” Grant said

“I don’t need any…Ill see you later” Bobby said and smiled then Grant watched her as she walked out of the kitchen, said something to Carly then walked out of the diner.

Ailsa knocked at the bedroom door then she slowly opened it

“Do you mind if I come in?” Ailsa said and Emma didn’t respond

:How are you feeling?” Ailsa said as she walked over to the bed and sat down

“Ok” Emma said

“You haven’t said much since you have been home” Ailsa said and Emma shrugged

“I just wanted to let you know that Alf should be home any day now” Ailsa said

“So you want me to go?” Emma said

“No, why would you think that?” Ailsa said

“That’s what Uncle Alf said before he fell to the floor” Emma said

“Why did he say that?” Ailsa said confused. She knew that Alf was a bit annoyed at times with Emmas behavior but for the most part he agreed for her to stay

Emma sat up in the bed and leaned on the wall “He caught me with some alcohol and when I told him that it wasn’t his business, he told me not to speak to him like that and to go..then he tried to grab me and when I pushed hi away, he grabbed his chest and fell to the floor” Emma said as Ailsa looked at her shocked

“Why did you have the alcohol?” Ailsa said

“I don’t want to talk about it…but I will go anyway because I know his heart attack was my fault” Emma said

“It wasn’t your fault love…look whatever happened with Alf is all over now. I am sure he didn’t mean it when he said you should go…ill talk to him tomorrow and we will sort this out…but I don’t want you to go” Ailsa said as she looked at Emma. Emma could see the sincerity in her eyes…she wished she could tell her the truth…

“Thanks” Emma said then she laid back down on the bed and sighed…

Sands resort- Summer Bay

Roo looked around, the bar in the resort was nice..not as nice as the ones in New York but it was definitely a step up from Summer Bay. Roo sat opposite Lucinda and watched her as she talked, she wasn’t listening to what she was saying…all she was thinking about was that she was going home soon and how things were bad with Frank. She had not called him nor been to the caravan park.

“So, what do you think?” Lucinda said

“It’s a major upgrade for Summer Bay” Roo said then her and Lucinda both started to laugh

“I was hoping we could go to the city before you left”  Lucinda said

“Why?” Roo said

“So we can see Matt…like old times” Lucinda said

“What is he doing in the city?” Roo said

“He is a manager of a bistro…doing really well…Oh Ruth, it was so nice to see him when I came back here…just reminded me of old times…you and Matt, me and Shane” Lucinda said

“I was hoping to hear that you and Matt got married since me and Shane never got our chance” Lucinda said as Roo drank her drink

“Oh there was no chance of that as soon as Carly Morris moved into town” Roo said

“Carly?” Lucinda said as he heart dropped. Carly never mentioned that she and Matt were an item

“Yes, they were on and off for a while…I guess they are off now” Roo said

“I guess so, she has a soldier now..he is very handsome”  Lucinda said

“Good, I am happy for her…she was one of the few who was still nice to me after the Bobby and Frank marriage breakup” Roo said

“Mustve been a hard time..sorry” Lucinda said

“Yeah, it was” Roo said

“But it must be worth it  now since you are happy and in love and living a fabulous life” Lucinda said and Roo faked a smile. Yes she was living a fabulous life but she wasn’t sure if she was in love…she wasn’t sure if it was all worth it

“Bobby” Lucinda said and motioned for Bobby to come over.

“Hi, why don’t you join us” Lucinda said

“Thanks but I have some work to do” Bobby said as she tried hard not to look at Roo

Just as Bobby was about to walk off one of the waiters walked up to her

“Sorry to bother you Ms Simpson,  but one of our customers insisted on having a word with management” The waiter said

“What is it about?” Bobby said as Roo looked at her. The waiter shrugged his shoulders

“Who is it?” Bobby said and the waiter pointed to a woman standing by

“Ok” Bobby said and the waiter walked off and a few seconds later, returned with the woman

“Hi, I am Roberta Simpson, the catering director, is there a problem?” Bobby said as Roo looked at her

“Thank you for seeing me, no its actually the opposite. I was wondering if it was possible to have one of the desserts here turned into my wedding cake” The woman said

“That’s a special request, you would need to contact the head chef to find out if that would be possible” Bobby said

“Do you think he will?” The woman said

“Well, he will be in tomorrow, his name is Chef Paul..I can leave a note for him with your number to ask him to call you” Bobby said as the waiter handed the woman a pen and paper

“Oh yes please…I am getting married next week” The woman said as she wrote

“Leaving it a bit late” Bobby said with a smiled

“I know but I was looking for the perfect cake and I think I just might have found it” The woman said as she gave Bobby the paper with her details on it

“Ok, Illl give this to Chef” Bobby said

“Thank you..the woman said then she turned around

“Oh, hey which desert is it, Ill let him know” Bobby said and the woman turned around and looked at the menu in her hand

“It’s the forever desert” The woman said as Bobbys heart dropped.

“Ok, ill let him know” Bobby said

“Isnt that the same dessert you make for the diner?” Lucinda said and Bobby wished the ground would open up and swallow her

“Oh my goodness, you made the dessert?” The woman said

“Yeah” Bobby said

“It really is amazing, is it a family recipe or something” The woman said

“No..its just something I made for somebody once..” Bobby said and looked down, she couldn’t believe she said that then when she looked up, she locked eyes with Roo. She knew that Roo knew..

“Well whoever it was made for mustve been really special  because that dessert was definitely made with love” The woman said and put the dessert menu down on the table and Bobby forced a smile

“Anyway, Ill leave the message for Chef” Bobby said and the woman smiled

“Thank you” The woman said then she walked away. Bobby watched her walk away then she looked at Lucinda and Roo

“See you later” Bobby said then she walked away. Roo watched her walk away then she picked up the desert menu. She could hear Lucinda talking but she couldn’t hear what she was saying

Roo turned the page of the menu and looked at all the desserts until she scrolled down and found what she was looking for

“The forever desert…when you know…you just know’ Roo read to herself and sighed..yeah..she knew. Roo put the menu down and picked up her glass and sipped it..she knew what she had to do…

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Pippa looked at all the bills in front of her and sighed. She heard footsteps coming down the steps and she quickly pushed all the bills into a large envelope and put the envelope into a folder and closed it just as Steve came into the living room

“Hi, you cant sleep?” Pippa said

“I just forgot my book for school tomorrow” Steve said as he picked up a book from the desk

“So when is your auntie getting in?” Pippa said

“She arrives on Thursday” Steve said

“She is welcome to come here” Pippa said

“No, its ok, ill just meet her in the city..i don’t want a fuss…goodnight” Steve said then he walked towards the steps

“Goodnight love” Pippa said as she heard Steve walk up the stairs then she sat back in the chair and sighed

Macklin Office- New York

Frank read the resignation letter once more then he sighed it. He folded it up and put it into the envelope on his desk. Frank sealed the envelope and smiled. He opened his draw and took out the photo of him bobby and sally and smiled He felt butterflies in his stomach…he was going home and this was the first time in a long time that he felt some happiness.

Background music- have you ever been alone instrumental

Phone ringing

“Macklin corporation, Frank speaking” Frank said

“Hi Frank…its me” Roo said

“I guess you got to Australia safely” Frank said. He wanted to call to find out if she had arrived and how her dad was doing but he didn’t

“Yeah, Im sorry, I didn’t call. Ive just been at the hospital a lot with dad” Roo said

“How is he?” Frank said

“Much better should be coming home in the next day or so” Roo said

“That’s good news” Frank said

“Yes it is” Roo said

Stewart residence- Summer Bay

Flahback

Woman “Oh my goodness, you made the dessert?” The woman

Bobby “Yeah”

Woman “It really is amazing, is it a family recipe or something”

Bobby “No..its just something I made for somebody once..”

Woman “Well whoever it was made for mustve been really special  because that dessert was definitely made with love

Flashback ends

“Frank..I am really sorry for everything…being here and away from you has made me realize that I don’t want to lose you. I have been putting my career first and not us first and I am sorry” Roo said as a tear dropped from her eye. She realized something tonight…in the resort…she realized that what she was doing was pushing Frank away..potentially pushing him back to Austrailia…to Bobby..

“I just left a message for Helen, I told her that when I am back, I cant go to Boston and that I need to be back in New York….with my husband” Roo said

Macklin Office- New York

Frank sighed. He really didn’t expect to hear all this from Roo not after everything that had happened between them in the last few months

“Frank, I want our family…I want our house…when I get back, I am ready..let try for a baby” Roo said and Frank felt his heart flutter. He really didn’t know what to say. This is what he was waiting to hear for so many months

“Frank please say something…please say that you want us to start again…go back to how we were before when I moved to the city…back to when you realized you were still in love with me” Roo said

Frank didn’t know what to say as he looked at the envelope on the desk. He had been unhappy for so long and now he was stuck between two opportunites to make him happy and he didn’t know what to do

Roo listened, There was no response from Frank. “Frank, please say something…please say you forgive me and we can try for our family” Roo said as she held onto the phone with both her hands

Simpson Residence- Summer Bay

Bobby dried her hair as much as she could with the towel then walked into her bedroom. She couldn’t believe what happened tonight, or what she said. Bobby tied the towel around her head and walked over to the bed. She sat down and picked up the fletcher family photo and looked at it, she smiled as she remembered all the good times they had. She stared at Frank

Flashback

Bobby- How was work

Frank- Busy as usual

Bobby- I thought you might want dinner so I brought you some over

Frank- Getting ready for your wife duties

Bobby- Rack off

Frank- I cant wait until we are married

Bobby- Me too…I love you

Frank-  I love you too…

Flashback ends

Bobby put the photo down and laid back on the pillow and sighed…

Macklin Office- New York

Frank picked up the photo from the desk. The photo of him, Sally and Bobby

Flashback

Bobby- We have honesty now

Frank- Yeah I know

Bobby – Maybe if we were honest we could’ve lasted longer

Frank-  I don’t think so…not after I realized how I still felt about Roo

Flashback ends

“Frank…are you there?” Roo said

Macklin Office- New York

“Yeah” Frank said

“Then please say something…please say we can try again” Roo said

Macklin Office- New York

Frank sighed the he picked up the photo and the envelope and put them in the draw and closed it

“Yeah, we can start again” Frank said

Frank, things are going to be so much better…I love you so much” Roo said

“Yeah, me too..I better go” Frank said

“”Ok, well ill be booking my flight to get home on Wednesday” Roo said

“Ok..have you seen any of my family yet?” Frank said

“No, but now that Dad is better, ill go over to the caravan park” Roo said

Macklin Office- New York

“Thanks” Frank said

“Ill call you after ive been ” Roo said

“Ok, say hi to everyone” Frank said

“I will…I love you Frank” Roo said

“I love you..bye” Frank said then he put the phone down then he stared at the closed draw. Things were different now, he and Roo were going to have a family..that meant he needed to hurry up and get money for the babies things and their new house.…he wanted enough money so that Roo didn’t need to work after she had the baby. Frank picked up his bag and put his hand in the side pocket and took out a business card. He put his bag down then picked up the phone and dialed

“Hello Mr James…thinks is Frank…Frank Morgan..I wanted to talk to you about the card games” Frank said and smiled as he thought about how life was going to be perfect..

Background music ends

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 290

General Hospital- Yabbie Creek

Marilyn looked down at the cast on her arm and sighed.

“When can you leave?” Diane her cousin said as she sat down next to her

“The nurse said once the doctor comes to check on me” Marilyn said

“”Linne, I am really worried about you…about this” Diane said as she pointed to Marilyns arm

“It was an accident, I fell…tats all” Marilyn said and faked a smile

“You seem to be having a lot of accidents lately” Diane said

“I am allowed to have an accident once in a while  you know” Marilyn said

“But you have been having more since you started seeing Ben’ Diane said and Marilyn didn’t respond

“Look I am fine, in a few weeks this will be off and I will be back to planning my wedding” Marilyn said with a big smile

“Linne he hasn’t even asked you yet” Diane said

“But he will, I can feel it” Marilyn said with a smile

“Look, why don’t you come with me, ill help you find a shop and you can open a salon” Diane with concern in her voice

“Thanks but I am happy here…with Ben..I really love him” Marilyn said

‘Ive heard you say the same about other blokes” Diane said

“This is different…Ben is the one” Marilyn said with a smile on her face as her cousin sighed

“Everything will be fine…honest” Marilyn said with a smile as her cousin sighed again and looked down at her arm in the cast

The Bistro- The City

“Hi” Narelle said as se walked up to the counter

“G’day” Matt said

“Sorry to ask, but can I have my wages now?” Narelle said

“I haven’t done the wages yet..but if you can hang around I can get yours” Matt said

“Yeah, great, thanks” Narelle said as she sniffed and wiped her nose with a tissue

“Sounds like you are getting a cold there…maybe you should take a few days off” Matt said as he looked at Narelle.

“Nah, I’m right” Narelle said

“Oh by the way, Lucinda said Roo is in Summer Bay” Matt said

“Yeah? With Frank?” Narelle said

“No, by herself. Alf had some kind of heart attack” Matt said

“Gee..I hope hes alright” Narelle said

“Yeah hes fine. They are going to come up here before Roo goes back…its funny you know. When we were kids we always said that I would marry Roo and Shane would marry Lucinda” Matt said and he sighed

“Youre lucky you didn’t” Narelle said and she laughed. Matt shook his head then he walked he towards the office and closed the door. Matt sat at the desk and sighed. It had been a few weeks but he still couldn’t get over what happened with Carly. He couldn’t stop thinking about her…about how she let him down. He wanted to hate her for what she did but he couldn’t…not the way he felt about her. It was too late now..she made her decision..she chose another guy. Matt sighed then he opened the safe behind him to prepare Narelles wages

Beach- Summer Bay

“Im sorry Ben” Carly said as she struggled to come up for air before Ben pushed her head under the water

“Ben, please…stop” Carly said as she swallowed some water while trying to breathe. Ben pushed her head under the water again and could feel Carly struggling to get up. Eventually Ben let go of his grip and Carly came up. She coughed and wiped her eyes. When she stopped coughing she pulled her hair away from her eyes and looked at Ben. She was always spoiling their time together by saying something stupid. He turned up in Summer Bay wanting to spend the day with her. Carly thought it was strange because he was in the army and was usually busy during the week. Carly coughed as she followed Ben out of the water. She pushed her hair behind her ear and coughed more as she followed Ben and sat down on the towel. Carly picked up another towel and wiped her face

“Im sorry” Carly said as Ben wiped his body then sat down on the towel

“Ben, please say something?” Carly said

“You always say things to get me annoyed” Ben said

“Im sorry. I was just surprised to see you that’s all” Carly said

“You should be lucky that I am here” Ben said

“Yes I am, very lucky” Carly said then she grabbed Bens arm and smiled

“I’m on my way back to the station” Nick said into his radio before he got into his car and closed the door. Just before he drove off he looked at the beach at Carly and her boyfriend kissing. Nick sighed, it must be nice to be in love…a feeling he had not felt in a long time. He thought maybe he could have that with Lucinda but she seems preoccupied, Nick inhaled deeply then exhaled, put the key in the ignition and turned the engine on. Just as he was about to move, he saw something from the corner of his eye in the sun visor. Nick reached for the piece of paper and unfolded it. It was Julie’s number…Julie the woman in the wheel chair with the pretty smile he met a week ago. Nick smiled to himself as he remembered how her smile lit up her face. Nick folded the piece of paper and put it into his shirt pocket and smiled.

“Its going to be great having you back home love’ Ailsa said as she picked up the get well cards from the small table next to the bed and put them in a bag

“Roo went over to the caravan park but she will met us at home. Don, Lucinda, Celia and Michael will be coming over for dinner tonight. I wanted to do something special for your first night back” Ailsa said but Alf didn’t respond. He buttoned his shirt. He didn’t know how he was feeling, especially not these last few days after spending time with Debbie.

“I hope you wont be too upset, but I spoke to the doctor about some of the foods you need to avoid so dinner is going to be low calorie..lots of salad” Ailsa said as she walked over to  Alf who was getting up from the bed

“I love you sooo much Alf Stewart. I don’t know what I would’ve done if I lost you” Ailsa said looking up at Alf who smiled then she put her arms around him. Alf delayed then he put his arms around his wife as she hugged him tight

“I better make up the bed” Ailsa said and she let go of Alf and began to straighten the pillows then a card fell on the floor. Alf looked down at the floor but  Ailsa picked up the card and opened it

“Oh its from Debra, that’s nice that she sent a card” Ailsa said then she closed the card and went to put it in the bag with the others as Alf watched her

“Now you are coming home, hopefully we can have her over for dinner like we said” Ailsa said and smiled then she continued making the bed while Alf sighed and looked out of the window

Flashback

Debra- Of all the small towns, I end up here where Alf Stewart lives

Alf- You say it like it’s a bad thing

Debra- Well I haven’t decided

Alf- Well I am happy that you are here

Debra- Yeah, me too

Flashback ends

Alf sighed as he heard Ailsa talking in the background but he couldn’t hear what she was saying...he didnt care about what she was saying...all he could think about is how much he would miss seeing Debra every night...

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Pippa sipped her tea as she watched Roo talk about how great life is in New York. She hadn’t really mentioned Frank much

“Sounds like things are really going well” Pippa said and smiled when Roo took a break from talking and drank some of her tea.

“Yeah..I am glad I listened to my Auntie Morag and left here…if I didn’t I would probably still be here doing a boring dead end job with everyone still blaming me for Frank and Bobby breaking up” Roo said

“I guess everything happens for a reason” Pippa said

“Yeah, you should come and visit us. Frank has been going on about us getting a bigger place so that we have enough room for you. My dad, Ailsa and Duncan stayed in a hotel but Frank said no, he wants you in the house” Roo said and Pippa smiled then the front door opened

“Hi sweetheart, how was school?” Pippa said as Tammy walked over to her and gave her a hug

“Good..hello” Tammy said as she looked at Roo

“Hello” Roo said

“This is Tammy one of my new foster children” Pippa said and Roo smiled then shortly after the door opened as Viv walked in then Steve

“Hi” Viv said as she looked at Pippa then at Roo who smiled

“This is Viv, Tammys sister” Pippa said as Viv hugged her. Steve began to walk towards the stairs.

“Steve, how was school?” Pippa said then Steve turned around

“Ok” Steve said then he looked at Roo who was smiling at him.

“Hi Steve” Roo said

“Hi” Steve said then he turned around then he walked towards the stairs. Viv and Tammy followed him as they were discussion about dinner

“Pippa, my flowers are growing” Sally said as she came through the door. She froze when she saw Roo. She looked around the house to see if there were any suitcases.

“Hi Sal” Roo said as she looked at Sally

“Hi” Sally said

“You have grown really tall, and your hair is really long” Roo said a she reached out to touch Sallys hair. Sally shrugged her hand off then she looked at Pippa and ran towards the stairs. Pippa watched her go, she heard her running up the stairs and closing her door then she looked at Roo

“She must still blame me for Frank and Bobby” Roo said and for a split second she felt some guilt

“No, she probably had a long day at school or something” Pippa said and smiled

“Can I get you some more tea?” Pippa said

“No thanks, I better get going. Dad is coming home today and we are having a special family dinner” Roo said then she got up

“Oh right, well ill probably pop in tomorrow to see how he is doing” Pippa said then she looked over at the couch as Christopher woke up from his nap and walked over to Pippa rubbing his eyes

“Wow, Christopher has really grown” Roo said as Pippa picked him up and he rested his head on her chest

“I remember when he was a baby…when I held him” Roo said as she remembered the time she gave her daughter Martha to Brett and she just wanted a baby to hold and she ran her and held Christopher

“Hi” Roo said as she sat down and opened her arms for Christopher to come to her. He did and Roo sat him on her lap and she played with his hair. It felt just like the time she held him before

“Soon you and Frank will have your own children” Pippa said as she watched Roo, a different Roo from the one who was talking about New York. Roo looked up at Pippa and smiled

Bobby yawned as she closed the car door. She had lectures in  morning and drove straight to the resort. She opened the passenger side door and took out a chicken pie she made, she was experimenting with a new recipe while she was there.

“Hi Bobby” Bobby turned around and her heart dropped as she saw Roo walking towards her

“Hi” Bobby said then she closed the car door and put the key in her back pocket

“How are you?” Roo said

“Good, you?” Bobby said

“Yeah, good..Bobby..I just wanted to say something” Roo said

“Yeah, what is it?” Bobby said

“How Is everything going?” Roo said

“Good, why?” Bobby said. She hated that she was having this conversation right now

“I don’t know, I just felt an awkwardness at the diner the other day” Roo said

“Ive just been really busy that’s all” Bobby said

“Yeah, Ailsa told me about everything you are doing…you got the highest marks in the HSC so im happy that you decided in the end to go to uni” Roo said. Bobby wished the ground would open and swallow her up, she really didn’t want to be here right now

“Yeah” Bobby said

“Frank wanted me to make sure that I saw all his family and said hello” Roo said and Bobby faked a smile. She felt like she was going to cry any minute

“We are having a family dinner for Dad tonight, why don’t you come?” Roo said

“Thanks but I have the diner accounts to finish and I have an assignment I am doing” Bobby lied

“Oh youre really busy” Roo said

“Yeah, I got to go, but thanks for the invite”  Bobby said then she slowly walked towards the house.

“Ok, Bye” Roo said as she turned around and watched Bobby walk away then she turned around and smiled to herself and walked away…

Chapter 291

“You really don’t have to go to all this trouble love, “ Alf said as he sat down on the bed

“Alf, I want to…we all want to. Its your first night back and I want it to be special” Ailsa said then she sat down next to Alf

“We all missed you love…especially me” Ailsa said then she put her head on Alfs shoulder

“Doc said I need to keep my strength up so ill have 40 winks and Ill be good as gold for dinner” Alf said with smile. Ailsa smiled back then she kissed him and got up and walked out of the bedroom. Alf watched Ailsa leave and shut the door then his smile disappeared and he laid back on the bed and looked at the ceilng and sighed.

“Can I come in?” Ailsa said as she opened Emmas room door

“Alf is home” Ailsa said as she walked into the room

“We are going to have a family dinner in a few hours” Ailsa said

‘Ill just stay in my room” Emma said

“Love, Alf doesn’t blame you for what happened. It was going to happen anyway” Ailsa said but Emma didn’t respond

“ You cant stay in this room all the time, I have pushed it as far as I can with Mr Fisher, you have to go back to school” Ailsa said but Emma didn’t respond

Well you thin about it, ill bring you in some dinner later” Ailsa said then she walked out of the room and closed the door as Roo was opening the front door

“Hi, how are the fletchers” Ailsa said as she walked into the kitchen

“Yeah good..Mrs Fletcher said she will come by tomorrow... Sally and Steve still blames me for what happened…Sally ran away when I tried to talk to her and Steve barely spoke to me” Roo said as she sat down at the dining table

“They're  kids, maybe they are just busy with school and that kind of thing” Ailsa said

“I saw Bobby, she was arriving as I was leaving” Roo said

“I hope she can come tonight, I did leave a note for her. Shes so busy I hardly see her” Ailsa said as she looked in the pantry

“I invited her too, she said she has a uni assignment to do…I just think she didn’t want to come” Roo said

“Why not?” Ailsa said as she walked back into the kitchen and looked at Roo

“I saw her briefly in the diner when I went there with Lucinda and things were awkward” Roo said

“Youre just being paranoid, Bobby has moved on from all of that now” Roo said

“Sometimes I don’t think that the rest of the town has. Colleen Smart keeps giving me funny looks” Roo said

“Oh you have nothing to be guilty about..pay no attention to her...” Ailsa said

“Its hard not to” Roo said

“In a few days you will be back in New York enjoying your life and wont be thinking about Colleen Smart” Ailsa said and Roo smiled. Ailsa was right…soon she would be back to where she belonged. She didn’t do anything wrong, she just followed a man who wanted to leave with her anyway..

Macklin Office- New York

Frank drank the coffee and wined as the hot liquid ran down his throat. He only had one hour sleep before he had to rush to work, Frank put the cup down and opened the envelope on his desk and looked at the money. $500, money he won last night at a card game. That was the most he ever won in one night. Frank put the money back in the envelope and sealed it. He was going to put the money in the back at lunch time. Frank folded the envelope and opened the draw next to his desk. When he opened it he immediately saw the photo  of himself Bobby and Sally and picked it up. He looked at the photo, then down into the draw again at the envelope with the resignation letter. Frank looked at the photo again and remembered the decision he had to make..the decision that he made. He put the photo in the draw, he put the envelope with the money  on top of it and he used his key to lock it. Frank picked up the coffee cup and drank some more then he smiled. Life was going to be great in America, just like he knew it could be…him and Roo and their family…the family he always wanted…

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“Sal can I come in” Bobby said as she poked her head around the door. Sally didn’t respond she just sat on the bed. Bobby sat next to her

Background music- Frank and Bobbys theme

“Why are you in here by yourself ” Bobby said and Sally shrugged her shoulders

“How was school today?” Bobby said

“Ok” Sally said

“Pippa told me what happened with Roo, why did you do that?” Bobby said

“I hate her” Sally said

“Sal, don’t say that” Bobby said

“Well I do” Sal said

“Sal, you shouldn’t hate people” Bobby said and Sally didn’t respond

“Why do you hate Roo?” Bobby said

“Because she took Frank away and now he doesn’t love us anymore” Sally said and Bobby exhaled

“Sal, she didn’t take Frank away, he was going to move anyway” Bobby said. She wished she didn’t volunteer to speak to Sally when Pippa told her

“Bobby why didn’t he stay the last time” Sally said as she looked up at Bobby with tears in her eyes. Bobby felt her heart melt as she remembered Frank telling her to him him not to go

“Because he had to go home Sal…he lived in New York with Roo” Bobby said. She was really struggling with the conversation

“ If you miss Frank why don’t you write to him, Pippa said he wrote you a letter” Bobby said and Sally shook her head no. Bobby felt helpless, it was as if Sally was upset for the both of them. She understood how Sally felt…she wished she asked Frank to stay but she couldn’t.

“I have to go now Sal…lets go downstairs” Bobby said and Sally shook her head no. Bobby stood up and at Sally

Sally stood up then she hugged onto Bobby tight. A tear escaped from Bobby’s eye and rolled down her cheek. She wiped her face before Sally could see. Bobby exhaled and she hugged Sally back. She needed this comfort right now…the comfort of someone who missed Frank as much as she did…

“To Alf” Donald said

“To Alf” everyone around the table said. Ailsa smiled as she looked at her husband and exhaled. She could finally breathe because he was home. Ailsa looked around the room at her family making small talk and enjoying the food she had prepared

Knock at the door

“Ill just get that” Ailsa said with a smile then she got up from the table and walked over to the front door. They were not expecting anyone else because all the family was here. Ailsa opened the door and her smile disappeared

“Hello Ailsa” Ailsa heard. She felt like she had seen a ghost

“Bridget….what are you doing here?” Ailsa said

“Ive come to get my daughter” Bridget said with a smile on her face…

Archived