Homecoming Part 3

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 09/10/2019 at 03:29, Red Ranger 1 said:

Does Frank actually have two sets of people plotting against him now?!

Well..Jerry is doing what he is being instructed to do...

:)

Chapter 319

Two days later

Stewart shop- Summer Bay

“Has Bobby said anything to you?” Ailsa said as she helped Pippa put her groceries into her car

“She called last night and said she would be home after uni today, but nothing about the meeting with the social worker” Pippa said and she sighed

“she’s been through so much…I know Alf didn’t mean anything by it, but I hope he hasn’t ruined her chances” Ailsa said

“Well, all we can do at this point is keep our fingers crossed” Pippa said trying to convince herself

“Oh, I better get back” Ailsa said and she looked at her watch “How about we have a girl’s night out tomorrow” Ailsa said and Pippa looked at her with a shocked look on her face and Ailsa started laughing. “Alf is taking Blake camping and fishing so, so why don’t we go out on the town” Ailsa said. Pippa smiled; she would like a night out with Ailsa but she knew that she couldn’t afford it. “I would love to but its short notice with Carly working and I think Steve is going out” Pippa said

“Well I don’t think Sandra has any plans you can bring Sally and Chris over to our place or she can come over there with Duncan” Ailsa said excited that she thought of the idea. Pippa didn’t know what to say, that would mean paying Sandra, and she couldn’t afford it

“Come on Pippa, it will be fun…we haven’t done anything like this in a long time” Ailsa said and Pippa sighed and smiled. She didn’t know how she was going to afford this, but she didn’t want Ailsa getting suspicious

“Ok…but where are we going” Pippa said

“The resort has a live band tomorrow night. I’ll make a reservation in the morning. See you” Ailsa said and she rushed off, got into her car and drove away as Pippa sighed. She closed the back-passenger seat of her car and walked around to the driver side and opened the door

“G’day” Pippa turned around to see Michael behind her in his car. Things were uncomfortable. This was the first time she had seen him since he told her how he felt about her

“Hello” Pippa said and quickly got into her car. Michael got out of the car and walked over to Pippa’s window

“How are you?” Michael said

“Fine thank you” Pippa said as she reached for her seat belt. She tugged at it but couldn’t get it to roll out. Pippa tugged again then she jumped as she felt a hand on hers, Michael touched Pippa’s hand. She looked up at him as he fixed the seat belt and it rolled out.

“Thank you” Pippa said and quickly rolled it out and secured herself in the seat and started the engine. Michael knew he felt something for Pippa when he first met her, those feelings were stronger than he felt for Celia and Morag. “Can I help you with anything else?” Michael said

“No thank you” Pippa said and she drove off. Michael stood and watched her drive away…while Celia watched Michael from the shop window…

High School- Summer Bay

“Ok, I have to go, will you call me later…ok…bye” Lucinda said and smiled then she put the phone down. She had pretty much spoken to Matt all week, hoping that they would be able to see each other but he was busy at work. She liked being with Matt…yes, he looked like Shane and did remind her of him, Roo was right, she was beginning to like him and she was thinking that he felt the same about her. “Finished your conversation?” Lucinda jumped then looked up to see Debra standing by the door

“Is there a reason why you are making private calls during working hours?” Debra said

“N.. No..sorry” Lucinda said

“Just because your Uncle is the headmaster, you cant do what you like here” Debra said

“Sorry Ms. Lawrence” Lucinda said and she picked up some files on her desk, stood up and walked over to the filing cabinet and began to put them away. Debra stared at her then walked out of the office as Lucinda sighed then smiled to herself as she thought about Matt.

Bistro- The City

Matt put the phone down ad stared at it. For a few minutes his mind was lost in thought that he didn’t hear the door knocking.

“Matt” Matt looked up at the door

“Hmm” Matt said

“I’ve been knocking for a while, I thought you had gone out” Narelle said as she walked into the office.

“We need some change” Narelle said

“Right” Matt said then he spun his chair around and opened the safe. Narelle watched him as he took some money out and put it on the desk. Matt could sense Narelle looking at him then he looked up at her

“What?” Matt said

“Nothing, you just look worried…is everything alright?” Narelle said and she slowly began to pick up the bags of change on the desk and Matt sighed

“I think Lucinda has the hots for me” Matt said

“Yeah, everyone knows that” Narelle said

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Matt said

“I thought you knew” Narelle said confused

“Well, I didn’t at first but all this week she has been calling me and wanting to get together. It suddenly made sense” Matt said

“I thought you liked her back” Narelle said

“As a friend…yeah…but she used to be my brother’s girlfriend” Matt said

“That was years ago…and your brother is not here” Narelle said in a sympathetic voice

“I know..but I just cant do that…to him. I know how he felt about her” Matt said

“So what are you going to do about it?” Narelle said

“I don’t know…I still want to be her friend, its nice when we talk about old times, and my brother” Matt said and smiled

“Well if you know you don’t feel the same, you have to let her know…otherwise she’s going to fall in love with you and then there will be no way to save the friendship” Narelle said and looked at Matt then she picked up the rest of the change and walked towards the door. Matt sighed, Narelle was right, he had to find a way to let Lucinda know that he didn’t feel the same way. He was glad that Narelle was around

“Hey” Matt said and Narelle turned around

“Thanks” Matt said and smiled

“No worries” Narelle said

“By the way, you look great today” Matt said and Narelle smiled

“Thanks” Narelle said and she walked out of the office and closed the door. She felt much better, and her cold and runny nose had gone,  With Bobby being in the flat, she hadn’t used any cocaine and she didn’t miss it and she was happy about that, and was going to stay that way…hopefully she can convince Jeff to do the same…

High School Summer Bay

Adam painted the last part of the outside wall. He stepped back and looked at his work and nodded. He put the brush onto the newspaper on the floor and wiped his forehead. At first he wasn’t sure if he would like this job but is glad that he took the chance. He worked regular hours and was always paid on time which meant he got to keep his boat and could make the payments to the marina.

“Hi” Adam turned around to see Karen, one of the school girls standing behind him seductively eating an apple

“G’day” Adam said and turned back around to clean the paint brush. From the corner of his eye he could see Karen about to lean on the wall. He grabbed her arm and moved her out of the way

“You don’t want to get paint on your uniform” Adam said and smiled

“I can take it off if you want” Karen said and she smiled at Adam then he shook his head and let go of her arm.

“So, what are you doing tonight?” Karen said as she took a small bite out of her apple

“Never you mind” Adam said

“I am just trying to be friendly” Karen said slightly annoyed. Adam was the best looking guy in Summer Bay

“Maybe you should go and be friendly with someone your own age” Adam said as he packed up the painting equipment and put them in a wheelbarrow

“I am 16 you know” Karen said

“And I am way older than that” Adam said then he shook his and wheeled the wheelbarrow away. Karen watched him walk away with an annoyed look on her face. When Adam disappeared around the corner, Karen ran her apple along the semi wet paint making several marks until she smiled then she threw the apple away and began to walk away. As she walked over to where her friends sat on the grass, she noticed Craig walking towards the gates and rushed after him

“You owe me money” Karen said and Craig turned around and sighed. Karen was right…he didn’t give her any money this week

“I don’t have it” Craig said

“Well I guess I am going to have to tell everyone your secret” Karen said and smiled

“I don’t care…tell everyone..Im tired of you blackmailing me” Craig said out of anger. He knew he shouldn’t have said that, he hadn’t even told his father, and now the whole town was going to know “You really want me to tell everyone?” Karen said and laughed and Craig looked at her…maybe he shouldn’t have said that but he was tired of living a lie

“GUESS WHAT” Karen shouted and the students sitting on the grass turned around and Craig began to panic

“HEY” Craig said and he grabbed a hold of Karen’s arm and pulled her outside of the school gates and Karen shrugged his arm off her and began to laugh

“I I I will have your money on Monday” Craig said

“Good, and its double because you missed this week” Karen said and she smiled sarcastically at Craig and walked away. Craig signed then he leaned on the school gate. He didn’t want to live this lie anymore…it was time that he told his dad…and told the world that he and Jonathan were in love, and committed to each other..

Resort- Summer Bay

Jonathan thrusted hard as the female waitress began to moan loudly. He leaned forward and put his hand over her mouth. She bit his finger in ecstasy. She couldn’t believe that a good-looking guy like Jonathan would look at her much less be having sex with her. She was fin love with him. Jonathan thrusted a few more times then he slowed down and stopped, and stepped back as he adjusted himself. The waitress bent down and picked her underwear up from the floor and put them on. She then turned around and looked at Jonathan and put her arms around his neck and smiled “I really love you” The waitress said and kissed Jonathan and he smiled

“I have a conference call in 5 minutes” Jonathan said then he walked around to the other side of his desk and sat down

“Ok, ill see you later. The waitress said then she blew Jonathan a kiss. He winked at her and she walked out of the office. Jonathan picked up the phone and dialed

“Hey love…its me…Ill be late home tonight…yeah I have a meeting. Don’t wait up for me, ill be getting in late” Jonathan said and he smiled to himself...

Caravan park- Summer Bay

“I think you should go with Mrs Stewart” Carly said as she peeled an orange

“I agree, I can babysit” Steve said as he read his magazine

“Im not a baby…I can look after myself” Sally said upset

“I know you can sweetheart…you can look after Steve and Chris” Pippa said and Sally laughed

“I can do your hair for you before I go to work” Carly said

“I told Ailsa I would go, but there is so much to do around here” Pippa said. What she really wanted to say is that she wouldn’t be able to afford it

“Pippa! When was the last time you had a night out, just go and enjoy yourself” Carly said. Pippa couldn’t think of any more excuses..she had to go. She remembered she had a necklace that she could pawn…maybe she would be able to get some money

“Ok..I will” Pippa said and smiled

“Good, I better go, I don't want to be late for work…see you later” Carly said and she rushed out of the house. Pippa sighed..she had to find a way to get herself out of this mess…

Simpson Residence- Summer Bay

Bobby read the notes she made from the lecture earlier as she sat at the table and ate her spaghetti bolognese. She sighed and put the notes on the table. Grant was at the diner, the house was quiet…for the first time in a long time it was a little too quiet, but it had been a long week and Bobby did intend to have a bath and have an early night

Knock on the door

Bobby wasn’t expecting any visitors. She put her fork down, got up and walked towards the door. She looked through the curtain to see her dad standing there and she sighed.

“What do you want?” Bobby said and she opened the door

“Just to talk…please” Donald said as he looked at Bobby. She opened the door wider and walked back towards the table and sat down

Background music – Frank and Bobby’s theme

“Sorry to interrupt your dinner…this won’t take long. I hope you don’t mind if I sit down” Donald said and sat down opposite Bobby. He leaned forward and noticed that Bobby was reading her university notes

“You know, I am very proud of you and your studies. This accelerated programme is a wonderful opportunity for you to get  your degree faster” Donald was interrupted

“Why did you come here?” Bobby said and Donald sighed

“I came to apologize. My behavior was terrible, I know it is your life…but I have so many hopes and dreams for you Bobby..you can do anything you set your mind to” Donald was interrupted

“You are right…it is my life” Bobby said

“I know it is Bobby..all I wanted you to see is how many opportunities you have..I know I went about it in the wrong way…that is my problem…I only see things from my way” Donald said and Bobby looked at him and sighed

“We are going to keep going around in circles until you understand that I dont want to do what you want, and I am entitled to make as many mistakes as I want. As my father I expect you to love me regardless. You will never understand how I felt living with Al and Doris…all I wanted was my own family…its all I want now” Bobby was interrupted

“But you have a family…there is me…Pippa” Donald was interrupted

“Its not the same…and that is why you will never understand” Bobby said and sighed. A wave of guilt swept over Donald. Maybe he didn’t understand but the whole town knew what Al Simpson was like, and at times he contributed to making things worse for Bobby

“So what did the social worker say after I left?” Donald said

“She told me that she will report her findings to the approval committee, and they wlll inform me in a few weeks of their decision…Im not keeping my hopes up because the social worker was concerned if my home would be a safe place for a child” Bobby said and she sighed and shook her head then she looked down into her plate and played with the spaghetti.

“I am sure Pippa and Ailsa gave you a glowing report, and even with Alfs comments, hopefully the committee will know that you are a good person regardless of the decision they make" Donald said

“Alf’s comments? What comments?” Bobby said confused

“Oh dear…I guess you don’t know” Donald said and sighed

“No, I don’t” Bobby said with an annoyed tone in her voice as she stared at Donald.

Stewart Residence- Summer Bay

“Thanks love” Ailsa said as Sandra took her plate from her and walked into the kitchen

“That was good tucker love” Alf said and drank some of his beer

“Since you are going to be away tomorrow night, Pippa and I are going out for a girls night out” Ailsa said

“Oh really, don’t forget that you are a married woman” Alf said and Ailsa laughed

“I was thinking about asking Debra to come along, do you think she will be interested? Ailsa sid

“Errr no…well you see  Debra and Karen are also going to come along to camp and fish with me and Blake” Alf said

“Oh” Ailsa said

“Yeah it was sort of a last minute thing, she came into the shop earlier and Blake thought it would be a good idea…I guess she is still adjusting to living in Summer Bay “ Alf said

“Since this is turning into a party, I wouldn’t mind coming, this would be Duncan's first camping trip” Ailsa said and gently squeezed Duncan's cheeks and he giggled. Alf started to rack his brains trying to find an excuse

“You promised Pippa you would go out on the town…I don’t think it would be fair to let her down last minute” Alf said hoping that Ailsa would agree

“I know but we hardly get to spend time together with you always working and your rotary club responsibilities” Ailsa said

“I know. I was actually thinking that we should take a mini holiday to see my folks in Tahiti..that beats getting muddy and sitting around catching fish all day” Alf said

“I can see myself now…sitting by the pool sipping cocktails…Alf it will be wonderful” Ailsa said and got up and hugged Alf as he exhaled..

Knock at the door

“Ill get it” Sandra said and she came out of the kitchen as Ailsa sat back down and drank some of her tea

“Hi Bo” Sandra didn’t finish saying the name before Bobby barged past her and walked straight into the dinning room

“Hello, you should have told me you were coming over, we just finished dinner” Ailsa said and smiled

“How dare you” Bobby said as she stared at Alf

“Now hang on a second” Alf was interrupted

“No, you hang on. What gives you the right to say anything to the social worker about me?” Bobby said and Ailsa sighed

“I just gave my opinion.I think you are too young to foster” Alf said

“Why didn’t you say that to Roo when you were trying to convince her to keep her baby?” Bobby said

“That’s not the same situation and non of your business” Alf said

“Like hell it is” Bobby said

“Bobby calm down” Ailsa said

“NO, I WILL NOT CALM DOWN. WHAT DO YOU STEWARTS WANT FROM ME? YOU TAKE MY HUSBAND, YOU KILL MY BABY AND NOW YOU DESTROYED ANY OPPORTUNITY I HAD FOR HAPPINESS BY FOSTERING..WELL I HOPE YOU ARE ALL HAPPY NOW” Bobby said as she stared at Alf and then turned around to leave

“Bobby” Ailsa was interrupted

“GO TO HELL” Bobby said then she stormed out of the house and slammed the door

“I better go after her” Ailsa said and Alf grabbed her arm

“Leave her Ails, you always go running after her even when she is in the wrong. No wonder nothing works out for her” Alf said

“Come on love be fair…shes lonely” Ailsa said

“Whose fault is that? She had her chance with Frank and she ruined it…she probably didn’t take care of herself and that is why her baby died and its her own fault for being an angry little dropkick and that is why she wont get the foster kid..She has to start taking the responsibility for her own problems instead of always blaming others..Im going to the shed to get my camping gear” Alf said and Ailsa sighed

Next day..

Lawrence Residence- Summer Bay

“I don’t know why  have to go to this stupid camping trip anyway” Karen said as she put the sandwiches her mum made into the picnic hamper. Debra folded a blanket and put it down and walked over to where Karen stood

“You listen to me, and listen carefully..you are going on this trip because I said so. Mr Stewart is being kind to us and you will not…I repeat, you will not be ungrateful…do you understand me?” Debra said between clenched teeth as Karen stared at her

Door knocking

“Ill get that, its probably Mr Stewart” Blake said with excitement in his voice. He had grown close to Mr Stewart lately and was really excited for the trip

“G;day Blake, are you ready” Alf said when the door opened

“G'day Mr Stewart, Yes I am ready” Blake said with a huge grin on his face

“Well start loading you things into the back of the Ute” Alf said

“Karen, help your brother” Debra said and Karen looked at her mum and went to grab a bag and took it outside

“I cant wait to spend the night with you” Alf whispered when Karen and Blake were outside

“Alf, I need to tell you something” Debra whispered

“Is there something wrong?” Alf said confused

“Glad I made it on time, I thought I was going to be late” Alf turned around to see Bob Barnett standing by the door

“Err Bob..wh..what are you doing here?” Alf said trying to disguise his disappointment

“When Debra told me you were going campaign, I thought why not join you. Its been a while since I did that sort of thing…” Bob said and smiled

“Ill just help the kids load these bags into the Ute” Bob said with a big grin on his face. Alf watched as he picked up a sleeping bag and leave the house with it then he turned around and looked at Debra who mouthed “I’m sorry” and Alf sighed as he looked at her with a disappointed look on his face…

Chapter 320

Bobby washed the dishes and put them in the rack to dry. When she got back from seeing Alf she didn’t want to do anything, she went to her room and cried herself to sleep…just like she always did when she was reminded of how much of a failure she was. Bobby walked back into the kitchen and put some water in the kettle and put it on the stove. She took out a cup from the cupboard and reached from a teabag in another cupboard and stood and stared at the kettle waiting for it to get hot

“Morning” Bobby jumped and turned around to see Grant walking into the kitchen. Since things went bad with the social worker, she told him to move back in, something that he did on Friday before she got back home

“Morning” Bobby said as the kettle began to slowly boil

“Thanks for letting me move back in” Grant said. Bobby looked at him and smiled as best as she could. When the kettle started to whistle, Bobby turned the fire off and poured some of the hot water in her cup. She put the kettle down and walked over to the fridge and took out some milk and poured some in her cup. She stirred the milk in and walked out of the kitchen as Grant watched her. Bobby walked over to the table and picked up the notes that she was reading last night. Grant walked over to the table and sat opposite Bobby.

“Are you alright Boss?” Grant said and Bobby looked at him and sighed and shook her head no and trying to stop herself from crying

Background music Frank and Bobby’s theme

“Come on be positive, the committee have not made a decision yet” Grant said

“I know what they are going to say, I don’t even know why I wasted my time to apply in the first place” Bobby said

“Ok, the social worker walked in on you and your dad having an argument, she cant say that was the only thing that happened, she would be discriminating and that is against the law” Grant said

“Its not just that, when the social worker went to see Ailsa, Alf thought it would be a good idea to poke his nose in and give his opinion about me being too young to foster” Bobby said

“Oh” Grant said and Bobby shook his head

“Those Stewarts really are something…they take everything away from me..my husband, my child and now this..some family they are…” Bobby said and Grant looked at her. He really liked Bobby, she had become like a sister to him. He saw how caring she was and wished he could do something to help her

Knock at the door

Ill get that” Grant said and he got up and walked towards the door and opened it

“Hello Grant is Bobby in” Ailsa said when Grant opened the door

“G;day Mrs Stewart, come in” Grant said and Bobby sighed and got up from the table and went to sit on the couch with her cup of tea.

“Ill leave you two to it,  I'm going to have a surf…the waves are great this time” Grant said and smiled then he walked towards the kitchen and left from the back door. “Do you mind if I sit down?” Ailsa said and she sat in the single armchair positioned next to the bigger couch that Bobby sat on. Bobby sipped her tea and put the cup on the table in front of her

“I know I am the last person you want to see, but I wanted to apologize” Ailsa said

“What is there to apologize for Ailsa? The damage has already been done..like it always is when the Stewarts get involved in my life” Bobby said and she crossed her arms

“I know what Alf said was wrong, but love, he didn’t mean any harm by it” Ailsa said and Bobby shook her head

“He didn’t mean any harm by it? All the time when my dad would beat me up, Alf knew who I was, he knew that Al wasn’t my real dad  but he never did anything about it, now he suddenly wants to play uncle and think he knows what is best for my life? . He never cared about me when it mattered, now he cares…what a joke and if you are here to stick up for him, you can just leave because I am really sick and tired of your hypocrisy, telling me you support me but going behind my back and agreeing with Alf. ” Bobby said as Ailsa looked at her.  Ailsa sighed because Bobby was right.

“I know you want me to leave, ,but not before I say this. Alf was wrong, I didn’t come here to stick up for him, I know he was wrong and I told him. I don’t know why he said what he said and I am not going to make excuses, and yes, I believe that you are too young to foster, you have your whole life ahead of you, but I know how important it is to have your own family…If I didn’t believe that, why would I have agreed to be your reference?” Ailsa said and Bobby stared at her.

“I really am on your side Bobby…I always have been…please believe that” Ailsa said and Bobby looked at her. Ailsa was right, she had always been a support to Bobby long before the Fletchers arrived to Summer Bay, but she felt betrayed. Ailsa got up “I need to get going to the diner..I don’t want to lose you as a friend Bobby…you mean too much to me” Ailsa said and she looked at Bobby and smiled then she walked out of the house just in time for a single tear to run down Bobby’s cheek

Background music ends

Macklin Cooperation- New York

Frank yawned it had been a long week and he was tired. He looked at the clock on the wall, he wanted to get home and tidy the flat before Roo got home.

Phone ringing

“Frank Morgan speaking” Frank said when he picked up the receiver

Background music “Have you ever been alone” music

“Frank Hi, its me” Roo said

“Hi, I was just thinking about you, I am just finishing up work, do you want me to bring home some Chinese?” Frank said

“Im sorry Frank, but I cant come home tonight” Roo said and Frank threw his pen on the desk

“Why Roo? this wasnt the plan” Frank said

“I know Frank but this is my job” Roo said

“Your job is to be a wife, that is your job” Frank said

“Frank I want to have a life too” Roo said

“Having a life doesn’t mean that you should be living away from your husband. You are doing it again, this wasn’t the plan” Frank said annoyed

“Frank what do you expect me to do, just sit at home all day?” Frank said

“Yes, then maybe you wouldn’t have the stress of your job and you would be pregnant by now” Frank said

“Frank, that is not fair” Roo said

“Not fair is me doing everything I can for our future,for when we have a baby..Im thinking we have a life together and you are doing what you want and not even thinking about us” Frank said as he thought about the money he owed Mr James.

“baby, baby, baby, that is all you talk about..you can be really selfish at times.. ” Roo said

“Selfish? Fine, do what you want” Frank said and he put the phone down and sighed and shook his head. He couldn’t believe it…everything he was doing was for their future, and Roo thought he was being selfish. Frank sighed then he leaned forward and picked up the photo on his desk. It was a photo of Roo, smiling. She was beautiful..the first girl he fell in love with..the first day he met her, he thought she was perfect…that they would always be perfect together..away from Summer Bay…he left his old life and wanted a new life with her..Frank put the photo down and turned his computer screen off and picked up his bag and put it cross body. He walked out of his office and pressed the elevator. Frank stepped inside when the door opened and pressed the button for the ground floor. Frank looked up as the numbers went down. He was so unhappy, no matter how many times he thought things were getting better, they were getting worse. Frank sighed as the elevator door opened and he walked out into the foyer of the building then out to the main road. There were a lot of people on the street, most were on their way home, and were walking towards the station. Frank walked in line as he followed the crowd to the station to get home, to a place where he didn’t want to be..

Edison Office- Massachusetts

“All ready to go Ruth” Helen said as she walked into the office

“Yes, I am ready to go” Roo said

“You didn’t have to stay this weekend,” Helen said

“I know, but I wanted to make sure everything went well with the meeting tonight” Roo said. She was lying

“Thanks…Your husband is very understanding of your career…come on the car is waiting ” Helen said

“Yes he is” Roo said and smiled as she followed Helen out of the office..

Background music ends

Summer Bay

Alf watched Bob helped Debra hook bait to her fishing rod. He was annoyed, the weekend was ruined. It was supposed to be just him, her and the kids..certainly not Bob. As Debra threw the fishing line into the water, Bob turned around and looked at Alf and gave him a thumbs up sign and a wink. Alf nodded and faked a smile as best he could.

“Mr Stewart, is this how I get the bait on” Blake said as he walked over to Alf. Alf looked at him. For some reason he had really grown close to Blake, as if he was his own son. He loved the way Blake always wanted to learn from him and was eager to always work hard. It reminded him so much of himself as a young man.  

“That’s great mate” Alf said and Blake smiled and walked over to the lake and stood next to Bob and threw in the fishing line.

“Ouch” Alf turned around to see Karen had fallen. Alf smiled and walked over to her and reached his hand out. Karen ignored him and got up herself and used her hands to brush off some dirt on her trousers.

“I don’t need your help” Karen said and she walked away. Alf walked over to where their tents were and began to unpack one.

“Ill help you with that mate” Alf turned around to see Bob reaching for the other side of the tent

“This was a great idea Alf…spending time with Debra this weekend is going to be great” Bob said with a big smile as he unraveled the tent

“Yeah” Alf said trying to not sound annoyed…the weekend was ruined…

Manhattan- New York

Frank walked up the station steps until he was out on the main road and began to walk the short distance home. As Frank turned the corner onto the road that lead to his apartment, from the corner of his eye, he could see a car pulling up slowly next to him. The car stopped and the back-passenger window

“Hi Frank” James Hanson smiled as he looked at Frank

“Hi Mr James…how did you know where I live?” Frank said

“You told me…you are a bit of a party animal when you have had a few drinks” James said. Frank was confused. He didn’t recall telling Mr James where he lived, but he mustve if Mr James knew

“Sorry I haven’t been in touch, Ive been really busy at work” Frank said

“Shame, we missed you the other night” James said

“Yeah, I know…I was going to call but I got tied up, I didn’t get home until midnight” Frank said

“We have another game on tonight” James said

“I don’t think so, I am really tired, its been a long day” Frank said. James inhaled his cigar then blew the smoke out of his nose

“Frank …you owe me $10,000. I think you need to make that a priority” James said

“I know, and I promise to pay you back” Frank said

“You can start with tonight” James said. Frank thought about it, he was only going to go home and watch the TV, he might as well try and pay Mr James back

“Yeah..ok” Frank said the he walked around to the other passenger door, opened the door, sat down and the car drove away…

Chapter 321

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Carly looked up from her magazine to see Pippa walking into the house

“Hi..where is everyone?” Pippa said as she walked over to the desk and stood in front of Carly

“Christopher just went down for a nap and Steve and Sal have gone over to the resort to get dinner from Bobby” Carly said then she looked down at her magazine

“What about you, not seeing Ben this weekend?” Pippa said

“He has some military stuff to do” Carly said and she looked up just in time to see Pippa pushing something into the corner of the desk draw. Carly looked back at her magazine as Pippa closed the draw.

“Ill just check on Christopher and try and find something to wear for tonight” Pippa said

“OK…ill do your hair before I go to the diner” Carly said

“Thanks” Pippa said and she went upstairs. Carly waited until she heard Pippa at the top of the stairs then she got up from the couch and hurried over to the desk. She opened it, and looked around. She couldn’t see anything out of the ordinary, just some letters and receipts. Just as Carly was about to close the draw, a yellow folded paper in the corner caught her eye. As she pulled it out, she noticed two more. Carly unfolded one of the papers and read it. It was a receipt to a pawnshop. Carly sighed then she reached for the others and unfolded them. Carly could hear Pippa coming down the stairs so she quickly folded the receipts and pushed them into the corner of the desk draw, closed the draw and rushed back to the couch just before Pippa walked into the living room. “I think this will do, ill just give it a quick iron” Pippa said and smiled at Carly who didn’t know whether she should say something or not…

General Hospital- Yabbie Creek-

Marilyn opened her eyes and looked around, her throat was dry and she was in the hospital. She could see a cup on the side table. She tried to reach out for the cup

“, don’t move, ill get it for you” Marilyn slowly looked around to see her Ben get up from his seat. He rushed around to the table, and picked up the cup, he gently raised Marilyn’s head and she took some sips of the water in the cup and put her head down

“You had me worried there” Ben said with some fear in his voice. He was telling the truth, he thought that Marilyn had died. He didn’t mean to push her down the stairs but she got him so angry by telling him she wanted to take a job in Summer Bay

Marilyn closed her eyes…she didn’t want to see Ben…she didn’t want to see the face of the man she loved very much…the man she shared her plans for who pushed her down the stairs.

“Marilyn…please say something…you know it was an accident…” Ben said as he sat on the edge of the bed and gently held Marilyn’s hands. Marilyn didn’t open her eyes, instead a tear ran down the side of her face as she remembered what happened…She informed the resort that she was going to accept the job…she would be earning more money than she did at Maggie’s, and she would be getting the experience and saving up to get her own shop. She still had some of the money her cousin gave her…however some of it went to Ben..he needed some things for his car.

Marilyn could hear Ben talking..making the promises that he usually did after he was violent.

“Marilyn” Ben said and he gently shook her and she opened her eyes that were filled with tears

“You know I am sorry… you know you say things that get me angry..I love you..when you get better, ill take you out to a nice restaurant..maybe we can go and look at engagement rings” Ben said trying to sound convincing. Marilyn stared at him. For a long time she wanted to hear those words…the words of him thinking about getting her a ring…she really wanted to believe him. “Ben…I love you” Marilyn said and Ben exhaled, he knew that saying that stuff would get Marilyn to forgive him. Ben smiled

“But this isn’t love..” Marilyn said as Bens smile disappeared

“What?” Ben said

“I said this isn’t love…if you love me, you wouldn’t hurt me” Marilyn said

“I said it was an accident” Ben said through clenched teeth

“I dont think we should see each other anymore” Marilyn said with as much courage as she could as a tear ran down her cheek. She really did love Ben but she couldn't take this anymore

“Look, I said it was an accident…and it was your fault anyway” Ben said annoyed

“Its my fault that I love..but its not my fault that you pushed me down the stairs” Marilyn said

“Don’t say that…it was an accident” Ben said between clenched teeth as Marilyns heart began to beat faster

“Please go” Marilyn said and Ben looked at her then he got up from the bed. Marilyn started to calm down when Ben took two steps to walk away. She exhaled then turned to the side. Then turned to watch Ben. Before she could blink, Ben turned around and lunged at her and wrapped his hands around her throat. Marilyn tried to scream…she couldn’t move..she could feel herself losing consciousness. She lifted her arms and tried to remove Bens arms from around her neck but he was too strong. Marilyn gave up and let her hands drop, and as Ben turned himself to get a better grip on her neck, he knocked the cup and water jug on the floor and being metal, they both made a loud noise which frightened Ben. He quickly let go of Marilyns neck as she stared at him. A few seconds later a nurse opened the door as Ben bent down to pick up the water jug and cup

“Sorry Nurse, these fell on the floor” Ben said and put them on the table and smiled as Marilyn coughed

“I will get someone to clean that up

“Are you alright?” The nurse said and walked over to Marilyn

“I better be going…see you later Marilyn” Ben said and waved and rushed out of the room. The nurse looked at Marilyn, her faces was flushed. She checked her pulse, her heart was racing

“Is that your boyfriend? He has been here all-night waiting to see if you are alright” The nurse said

“No” Marilyn said and exhaled

“Your heart is racing…you must at least fancy him.....Ill have him if you dont want him” The nurse said and smiled and Marilyn turned her head to the side

“Ill just get someone to come and clean up this water..try and get some rest” The nurse said and she walked out of the room and closed the door. Marilyn closed her eyes..she was going to get some rest, because she was going to start her new life soon…in Summer Bay…and away from Ben…

Lower Manhattan- New York

Frank smiled as he turned over his cards and saw the look of disappointment on his opponents face who then threw his cards on the table. Frank collected the money and watched as his opponent got up from the table. Frank looked around to see Mr James sitting by the bar. Frank got up and walked over to the bar and sat next to him and put the two thousand dollars he just won on the table. They were on a private boat docked in a marina in lower Manhattan where everyone was gambling.

“two thousand dollars” Frank said. James picked up the money and counted it then he put it in his pocket

“What about the rest?” James said and puffed on his cigar and looked at Frank

“Im really not in the mood to play anymore..i am really tired..and I got some problems at home” Frank said

“Frank…I don’t think that is the right attitude to have, considering you owe me $15,000” James said as Franks eyes widened

“$15,000? I thought it was just $10,000?” Frank said confused

“Well money isn’t free” James said and Frank finally figured out what was going on..James was a loan shark. Frank sighed as he looked at Mr James.

“Can I pay you each week or something?” Frank said. He knew about loan sharks, when he was a little boy, he remembered one always coming around to his house and taking all his dads money.

“Well, I don’t really like those types of arrangements.” James said and he puffed on his cigar

“I promise I will pay you back everything” Frank said trying to convince himself and Mr James. The only money he had was the money he had saved up, and the wages he got every week. He wanted to take care of Roo, so he paid all the bills…like a man is supposed to when he takes care of his wife.

“I like you Frank..you are a good kid…ok, you can pay me each week…but remember..if you miss a payment..the interest goes up” James said and Frank sighed and nodded his head “I better get going” Frank said then he got up, walked over to where his bag was, put it on cross body and walked towards the entrance of the boat

“What do you want to do boss?” James puffed on his cigar as two of his employees stood behind him

“Leave him be..for now” James said as one of the men walked over to the window and rubbed his fist together as he watched Frank  walking away.

Frank walked for a while then he stopped when he suddenly felt light headed. He saw a bench and walked a little further  and sat down. He couldn’t believe what had happened…one minute he was trying to get some extra money and now he owed a loan shark $15,000. On top of everything with Roo…he just didn’t know what to do anymore…

Thank you so much for reading :)

Chapter 322

Stewart/Ross Residence- Summer Bay

Celia checked the pie in the oven then she closed the door and walked over to the cupboards and took out three plates. As Celia took the plates out she yawned. With Alf away there was more work to do in the shop but fortunately colleen was able to help out for a few hours. Celia smiled as she heard the door opening, that would be Michael and Haydn. Celia’s smiled disappeared as she thought of Haydn. As a step parent, she was supposed to love him, but he was very mean and rude. She tried to bring the subject up with Michael but he dismissed it as Haydns way of getting used to a new home. Celia could hear Michael and Haydn laughing as they walked into the house

“Hello dear…did you have a good day?” Celia said with a smile on her face as she waited for Michael to com into the kitchen

“Yeah, a bit busy though” Michael said as he put the pizza box on the table and took off his jacket.

“Pizza? But Michael, dinner is almost ready” Celia said as she pointed at the oven

“Haydn said he wanted a pizza, and besides, I thought you would’ve been too busy in the shop to come home and cook” Michael said

“But you could’ve called me” Celia said disappointed

“I didn’t realize that I had to check with my wife before I made any decisions” Michael said as he looked at Celia

“That is not what I mean” Celia was interrupted

“So what do you mean?” Michael said and Celia looked at him then she looked at Haydn who grinned sarcastically at him

“Nothing…never mind…excuse me” Celia said and she walked out of the kitchen and into her room. She sat down on her bed as she listened to Michael and Haydn talking and laughing as if they had lived here all their lives…while she, the person who grew up in the house felt like a stranger….

Summer Bay

“Debra you did a great job on this fish” Bob said as he ate some of the fish that was caught earlier and prepared by Debra “Yeah, its great Mum” Blake said with a smile on his face. He was really having a good time. Karen sighed

“Thank you” Debra said and smiled while Alf digged at the fish on his plate. He was still annoyed that the weekend was ruined and he had to hear Bobs big mouth yapping on.

“Is your fish alright Alf?” Debra said as looked at Alf

“Yeah, its great, thanks” Alf said trying to sound convincing. The fish was fine but he was having a miserable time

“I think I am going to get some wood for later before it gets too dark” Alf said and he got up

“Ill come with you” Blake said with an excited voice

“No, you stay and finish your dinner” Alf said and he picked up a torch light that was next to him.

“Actually I wouldn’t mind coming alone, I think I saw some showers back down the road we came from” Debra said

“Are you sure, I don’t think so” Bob said as he put some fish in his mouth

“I wouldn’t mind checking” Debra said and she got up

“Alright” Alf said as he walked over to a wheelbarrow

“We wont be long” Debra said and she followed behind Alf as Karen watched them walk away

Sands Resort- Summer Bay

Ailsa tapped her foot as the live band played. Her and Pippa stood by the bar even though Ailsa had reserved a table. Pippa watched the band and smiled as she remembered the times that she sang with Frank and his band. She missed her son so much…she wished she could really tell him what was going on..she wished that she could have him home, but she knew that he was enjoying his life with Roo in New York

“I shouldn’t like this place as much as I do” Ailsa said and she laughed because the diner had Grant playing music but this was different, they were playing music that she used to listen to as a young woman. “We have only had one drink and I need to go to the bathroom…excuse me” Ailsa said and she walked off as Pippa smiled and shook her head. Pippa sipped her drink and swayed slowly as she heard a song playing that her and Tom liked and she smiled

“Hello” Pippa turned around to see a man standing next to her

“Hi” Pippa said and she moved over as the man ordered a drink at the bar.

“Can I get you drink” The mad said as he pointed to Pippas drink

“No thanks, I haven’t finished this one yet” Pippa said politely as the man stared at her. He was dressed in shirt and trousers and had dark curly hair

“My name is Ian, Ian Partridge by the way” Ian said and reached his hand out

“Pippa, Pippa Fletcher” Pippa said and she reached her hand out and shook Ian's hand and smiled as Ian smiled and stared at her

“I’m just hear visiting” Ian was interrupted  “I think I need to slow down on the drinks” Ailsa said as she walked back over to Pippa and saw Ian still holding onto Pippa's hand

“Oh, sorry” Ailsa said and Ian let go

“This is my  friend Ailsa Stewart” Pippa said

“Nice to meet you, Ian Partridge” Ian said as he shook Ailsa’s hand

“I think I see a table free” Pippa said as she pointed to an empty table

“It was nice meeting you” Pippa said “Likewise” Ian said as Ailsa watched him staring at Pippa

“Bye” Ailsa said and she followed Pippa over to the empty table where they sat down

“Who was that? Ailsa said

“I don’t know..he just came over and offered to buy me a drink” Pippa said

“Welll since you stopped wearing your ring, he things you are a single woman” Ailsa said and she winked and looked over at the band and began to tap her foot. Pippa picked up her drink and looked at her empty ring finger and was reminded that she had to hurry up to find a way to get money to get her rings out of the pawn shop before they were sold…

Summer Bay

Alf picked up the bits of wood and threw them in the wheelbarrow. Debra attempted to help

“Just leave it, I can do it” Alf said with an annoyed voice

“Alf…I didn’t invite him…he just invited himself along” Debra said

“Why did you tell him?” Alf said

“I had to say something, he was going to buy theater tickets for us” Debra said

“Cant you just tell him that you are not interested?” Debra said

“If I say that then things might get suspicious” Debra said

“I hate all this sneaking around. This is the sort of thing my daughter did when she was a teenager” Alf said and shook his head as he remembered Ruthy sneaking around with Frank. Debra walked up to Alf and put her arms around him

“We have no choice Alf..” Debra said and she kissed Alf

“I know..I just hate seeing him around you..this weekend  is ruined…it was just supposed to be you, me and the kids” Alf said and Debra hugged him….she was happy to hear him say that…acknowledge that they were a family

“Well we can still salvage some of the night” Debra said and she smiled and they began to kiss passionately then suddenly they heard footsteps and separated and Alf bent down to pick up some wood

“I thought I was going to have to arrange a search party for you too” Bob said as he walked near to them

“No, we are not lost..you were right, there are no showers down here” Debra said and she picked up some wood

“Let me take that from you” Bob said and he took some wood from Debra as she began to walk away

“Shes great isn’t she” Bob said and he nudged Alf then began to walk after Debra

“Yeah” Alf said disappointed then he picked up the wheelbarrow and began to walk behind Bob

Bayside Diner- Summer Bay

Carly and the customers of the diner clapped when Grant finished singing the song. Carly wiped down an empty table and put the tip the customer left in the pocket of her apron. Just as Carly was about to walk to the counter she felt some hands cover her eyes

“Guess who” Carly removed one hand from her eye and turned around

“Ben” Carly said excited

“I wasn’t expecting you this weekend” Carly said

“Yeah I know, I was able to finish my obligations and came straight here” Ben said and he kissed Carly then she walked over to the counter

“I am so happy that you are here” Carly said and she smiled at Ben but in the corner of her eye, she could see Grant looking at her…

2 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Just a random encounter for Pippa?

1 hour ago, Kristen said:

Great chapter

Just a random encounter for Pippa?

Grant is worried about Carly

Oh dear the camping trip is not going well.

Update again soon :)

For now..?

Chapter 323

Two weeks later

“Hi Bobby, Ive put the receipts on the desk” Ailsa said as Bobby walked into the diner. They hadn’t really talked much. Bobby tried to stay away from the diner but she had no choice today because she had to go over the books.

Background music- Frank and Bobbys theme

“Ok” Bobby said and she walked past Ailsa and into the office. Ailsa sighed. She hated the distance between them

“Alf is off to a rotary club meeting…I was wondering if you wanted to have dinner with me and Sandra” Ailsa said as she walked into the office

“No thanks” Bobby said and she sat down

“Bobby…I am waving a white flag here…I am really sorry about what happened” Ailsa said and Bobby ignored her

“Can you at least look at me?” Ailsa said and Bobby looked at her

“We’ve always been able to sort out our differences…why not this time?” Ailsa said as Bobby looked at her

“Ill let you know when I finished so you can sign your part of the bank slips” Bobby said then she looked down at the receipts on the desk. Ailsa looked at her then she walked out of the office and closed the door as Bobby sighed

Background music ends

Shopping Centre - Yabbie Creek-

Marilyn put the shampoo into her bag and walked out of the shop. She was feeling much better, and had even gone back to work at the salon. Next friday would be her last day because she was starting in the salon in Summer Bay. Although the salon wouldn’t officially be open for another month, she had to be there to help get it ready with the manager. Marilyn smiled to herself, she was going to officially be a hairdresser. It wasn’t her own shop but she would get more opportunities than se was getting in Yabbie Creek. As Marilyn walked outside of the shopping centre her smile disappeared. She thought about Ben and how he was supposed to be happy for her, this was going to be a closer step to them being a family Marilyn sighed as she walked towards the bus stop. Then she remembered that she also needed to find a place to live in Summer Bay. She remembered there was the caravan park, and of course the sands resort which she wouldn’t be able to afford. Marilyn stood next to an older lady at the bus stop and smiled. The woman didn’t smile back and Marilyn looked in the direction to see if the bus was coming then she inhaled with excitement. She remembered that Bobby offered her a room. Marilyn smiled to herself and rushed towards a phone box near the bus stop.

Phone ringing

“G’day Bayside Diner” Lance said when he picked up the phone on the kitchen wall

“Hi Lance…its me, Marilyn” Marilyn said

“Oh..G’day” Lance said. Marilyn was the last person he expected to hear from

“How are you?” Marilyn said

“Ok” Lance said

“Is Bobby there please?” Marilyn said

“Yeah, Ill just get her” Lance said then he put the receiver on top of the phone and walked towards the office. He knocked at the door and opened it when Bobby said he should come in

“Err sorry Bobby, You got a phone call” Lance said pointing towards the phone. Bobby got up from her seat

“Who is it?” Bobby said as she walked out of the office

“Mazza” Lance said and Bobby looked at him then she walked over to the phone and picked up the receiver

“Hello” Bobby said

Yabbie Creek

“Hi Bobby its Marilyn, how are you?” Marilyn said

“Good”  Bobby said

“I hope this isn’t a bad time” Marilyn said

“No, what can I do for you?” Bobby said

“Well, I was wondering if you still had that room available…I got a job at the new salon opening at the resort and I need a place to live” Marilyn said and crossed her fingers

“Yeah sure..when did you want to move in …it will be $80 a week?” Bobby said

“Are you serious….ill take it!” Marilyn said jumping in excitement

“Yeah, the  room is yours as long as you don’t mind living with a bloke” Bobby said

“Excuse me?” Marilyn said

“Grant, a mate of mine, he lives in the house as well, in the downstairs room” Bobby said

“Oh…ok..ill take it” Marilyn said

“When do you want to move in? so I can let Grant know” Bobby said

“Is next Saturday ok?” Marilyn said

“That’s fine. One of us should be home, if not, ill leave the key at the diner” Bobby said

“Thank you Bobby” Marilyn said and smiled to herself

“No worries…see you Saturday” Bobby said and before Marilyn could respond, the line was dead. Marilyn hugged the receiver…she couldn’t wait to start her new life…

Bobby looked in the fridge and took out a can of coke

“What did Mazza want?” Bobby turned around to see Lance standing behind her

“Shes going to be renting a room at the beach house” Bobby said

“At your beach house?” Lance said

“Yeah” Bobby said then she walked into her office and closed the door. Lance walked back towards the counter as he tried to process what Bobby just said…Marilyn was coming back to Summer Bay….

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Carly came out of the kitchen when she heard the door open

“Oh its you Grant” Carly said and she walked over to the couch and sat down

“Yeah sorry..I fixed a leaking tap for Mrs F, I just wanted to put the tools back” Grant said

“I can take them…shes gone out” Carly said and she walked over to Grant and took the tools from him and put them in the laundry room. Grant looked at Carlys arm, she still had the bandage on it. He wanted to say something but he wasn’t sure if what he was thinking was right.

“Your hand..is it still hurting?” Grant said

“A little..the Dr said the burn was deep, so it will take a bit longer to heal” Carly said and she picked up a magazine from the chair and began to read it. She looked up to see Grant staring at her

“Ill let Pippa know that you fixed the tap” Carly said

“Right…ok…ill see you at the diner” Grant said and he walked out of the house and to his car.  Carly looked at her hand…it was an accident then he put her hand up and held onto the locket on the chain that Ben gave her and smiled….

Morgan Residence- New York

Frank yawned as he opened the main door to his apartment building. It had been a long week..and the second week of paying back the money he owed. Frank opened the door the TV was on and he could smell something cooking. Roo was home. Things were rocky again between them..had been since she didn’t come home for the weekend two weeks ago. Frank took off his bag and put it by the couch and Roo came out of the kitchen

Background music- Have you ever been alone

“Hi” Roo said

“Hi” Frank said

“I got home early so I made dinner, spaghetti bolognese” Roo said and she went back into the kitchen. She knew things were rocky between her and Frank. They hardly spoke to each other, but considering Roo felt it was her fault, she wanted to make a mends

“Thanks” Frank said and unbuttoned his work shirt and put it in the laundry pile. He took a t shirt out of the wardrobe and put it on as Roo put the spaghetti bolognese on plates. She carried the plates into the living room and put them on the small table in front of the couch.

Frank sat down next to Roo and picked up his plate. Be put some of the spagetti bolognese on his fork and put it in his mouth. It tasted as if Roo put too much salt in it, and the spagetti didn’t taste as thought it was cooked.

“How is your food?” Roo said in between bites

“Fine” Frank said even though he was lying

flashback

Frank Hmm Bob that was fantastic…if you keep feeding me like this I’m going to get fat

Bobby- And I will still love you

Frank -Seriously, this is really good…you are a great cook

Bobby -So you only married me for my cooking?

Frank -well and a few other things

Flashback ends

“Even though the office wont be officially open until next month, we are having our launch party next Friday night” Roo said and she put her fork down

“So that means you wont be coming home” Frank said

“I have to be there since I helped get the office up and running…I was hoping that you might come with me” Roo said

“Im not in the mood to be around a bunch of people who are up themselves” Frank said

“I was thinking we can stay in Boston for the weekend..turn it into a second honeymoon” Roo said

“We are supposed to be saving money for the baby….remember?” Frank said

“How can I forget when that is all you talk about” Roo said annoyed

“Why don’t you just tell the truth, if you don’t want a baby, just say so” Frank said as he looked at Roo

“I didn’t say that” Roo said

“So what are you saying?” Frank said

“How can I get pregnant when you keep dumping on me like this…its not my fault” Roo said

“So its my fault then?” Frank said and shook his head then he put the plate on the table, opened the closet, took his jacket out, walked out of the apartment and slammed the door. Roo looked down at her plate and put it on the table in front of her…this was not how things were supposed to be. She got up and walked over to her bag and took out her packet of pills…until she was sure…she was not going to have a baby anytime soon…

Chapter 324

Pizzeria Manhattan- New York

Frank chewed the last bite of pizza in his mouth, and wiped his mouth with the napkin. One of the things he liked about New York is you could just buy one or two slices of pizza without buying a whole box. He picked up the plastic cup in front of him and drank the coke through the straw. He put the cup down and looked around, it wasn’t very busy for a Friday night. Frank sighed as he thought about the argument, he had with Roo. He lost count of how many arguments they had since they moved to New York.

When they were in Australia living in the city they didn’t argue..well a little like most couples but, not as much as they do now. However, Frank still did believe that he loved her, however this was not how their life was supposed to be…it was supposed to be better than the one he had in Summer Bay..with Bobby.

Flashback

Roo- Frank what are you doing here?

Frank- I wanted to see you before I go…

Roo- Where are you going?

Frank- I am leaving for the city soon…I think its best if I go now instead of hanging around

Roo- Well…good luck with your new job

Frank- Roo I meant it, I want you to come with me

Roo- Frank I cant, everyone already hates me

Frank- Why do you care what they think, just come with me and let’s start a life together away from this town

Roo- Frank..

Frank- Look, do you love me?

Roo- Yes I do

Frank- then come with me..

Roo- Frank  everything is such a mess

Frank- Look, at least think about it

Roo- Ok

Frank- I love you Roo

Flashback ends

Frank sighed. When he left Summer Bay, he really wanted to start over with Roo, after everything she did, lying to him about Martha being his daughter..leaving him at the altar..he still wanted to leave Summer Bay and start over with her. Frank took out his wallet, opened it and took out a small photo booth photo of him and Roo. They took it on the day they went to get Roos passport. He used his finger to caress her face. She was beautiful…with all her faults, she was still beautiful…

Flashback

Alf- Let me just fix your dicky bow

Frank- Thanks

Alf- I know that I am no substitute for Tom, but I hope that I can do a good job today

Frank- Thanks for being here, I know it means so much to Roo

Alf- Before we go, I just want to say something

Frank- What?

Alf- Ruthy has been through a lot…losing her mum, giving up Martha but you are the only person that makes it easier for her. I just want to make sure that the past is the past

Frank- Yeah, it is

Alf- No, what I mean is that its only her that you want to be with and none of that other stuff will come up

Frank- We wouldn’t be getting married otherwise

Alf- That’s not an answer

Frank- If you are asking if I forgive Roo and I don’t want anyone else…the answer is yes.

Alf- Good, Im glad because I think Ruthy would be heartbroken if things didn’t work out with you..come on lets go and get you married

Frank sighed then he smiled as he remembered how happy he was on their wedding day. It wasn’t a big church do, it was just them, Alf, Ailsa and Duncan in the court house. It wasn’t the dream wedding that Roo wanted, but they were so happy that day…she was his wife…the woman he wanted to be with forever. Frank put the photo back into his wallet and sat up and deeply inhaled and exhaled and got up and walked out of the pizzeria…he was going home… He owed it to Roo to give their relationship another chance…

Background music end

One week later

Barnett Residence- Summer Bay

“Are you going to eat that or just play with it?” Bob said as he sat across from his son who was just circling the bowl of cereal with his spoon. Craig looked up at his dad then he put some of the serial in his mouth. He wasn’t hungry. He didn’t know how he felt..what he did know is that he was in love with Jonathan and he wanted to be honest about his feelings before Karen dobbed on him. Even though he was giving her money every week, he still felt that she would tell everyone his secret.

“Would you look at this” Bob said as he read a newspaper article

“Dad” Craig said

“Hmm” Bob said

“Dad I want to tell you something” Craig said nervously as his heart beat fast

“Blokes wanting to get married to other blokes…what is this world coming too” Bob said as she shook his head. Craig felt his palms getting sweaty

“I don’t know how to say this, so ill just come out and say it” Craig said as he looked at his dad reading the newspaper

“Can you imagine two blokes in wedding dresses getting married…absolutely ridiculous. I  better not see you walking around here in a wedding dress…red blooded men we Barnett’s” Bob said and laughed loudly and put the newspaper down and drank some of his tea as Craig looked at him disappointed.

“What did you want to tell me?” Bob said and he looked at Craig

“J j ju just that I am working tonight” Craig said

“I am beginning to think this job is interfering with your schoolwork” Bob said

“N no its not” Craig said

“Well, im going to speak to Ms Lawrence about it, hopefully she says the same thing..ill see you later” Bob said then he put his hat on and walked out of the house as Craig sighed. He really was plucking up the courage to tell his dad but he couldn’t. Craig sat back in his chair and sighed…then he smiled as he remembered that he was going to see Jonathan tonight. The man he loved, and who loved him…

Simpson residence- Summer Bay

“Thank you very much Grant” Marilyn said as Grant helped her move the last box into the house. Marilyn looked around; the house was beautiful. She smiled; it was going to be a new life for her.

“No worries..where should I put this?” Grant said

“Oh, you can just leave it on the table, I will take it up to my room. Thanks” Marilyn said and she smiled shyly at Grant. He was very good looking she thought to herself.

“Well, I better get going. Is there anything else that you need?” Grant said

“No, I will be fine, thank you” Marilyn said and she smiled then she walked towards the stairs as Grant looked at her trying not to laugh as Marilyn wore high heels and struggled up the stairs with the box

“Let me help you” Grant said rushing to Marilyn in time before she dropped the box she was carrying..but not too late for some of the jewelry to fall out

“Grant bent down and picked up the earring and the chain that had fallen on the floor and he put them in the box. He then bent down and picked up a silver chain with a locket. Grant looked at it in his hand, it looked familiar…like he had seen it somewhere before

“Is there something wrong?” Marilyn said as she looked confused at Grant looking at the chain

“Oh nothing..I think ive seen this locket somewhere before” Grant said and he put it in the box

“It was a gift from my ex, he had it made special for me”  Marilyn said and she put her head down as she remembered how happy she was when Ben gave it to her

“Oh…sorry” Grant said

“Its ok, it wasn’t meant to be” Marilyn said and she smiled as she stared at Grant and he smiled

“Ill see you later” Grant said and smiled then he walked out of the house. Marilyn exhaled as she continued to struggle up the stairs with the box…

Boston- Massachusetts

Roo looked at herself in the mirror, the red dress she wore hugged her body perfectly. She picked up the red lipstick on the table and put some on her lips with one had and smoothed down her hair that was slicked back into a bun. Roo smiled at herself. Tonight, was the party for the opening even though they were not officially opening for another month, Helen wanted the party now before people got too busy over the summer to attend. Roo was hoping for a good turnout since most of the invitations she sent out replied that they would be attending.

Roo walked over to her bed and sat down. She picked up the phone and began to dial

“Hi Frank, its me” Roo said

“Hi, how are you” Frank said

“Ok..just about to leave to go to the party” Roo said. Things were better between them she thought…at least they were not arguing.

“Ok, have a good time ” Frank said

“Thanks. Are you sure you don’t want me to come home in the morning?” Roo said

“No its, fine. I know its your job and its only going to be for a few more weeks then we can get back to normal…and our plans” Frank said

“Thank you..well I better go,” Roo said

“Have a good night” Frank said

“Thanks..bye” Roo said

“Ok, night” Frank said and Roo put the phone down and sighed. She didn’t know how she was feeling right now but she knew that Frank didn’t have anyone else…She felt like they had put a plaster over their problems and were both making an effort to let it heal. 

Roo walked over to the table, grabbed her shawl and bag and walked out of the hotel room…

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“Whats all this?” Pippa said as she came down the stairs to see Carly and Steve with shopping bags.

“I had to get some things from the wholesaler for the diner, and thought I would get some things for the house” Carly said.

“You didn’t have to do that Carly…spending your money” Pippa said

“Its alright, I got some great tips last week” Carly said as she began to unpack the groceries

Pippa looked at the things on the table…it was as if Carly read her mind

“Carly” Pippa said and turned around

“Thank you” Pippa said and Carly smiled as she took the toilet roll into the pantry and stood there and sighed. She didn’t want to tell Pippa that she found the pawn slips, at least this way, if she brought the groceries that will save Pippa from pawning anything else…

Lower Manhattan- New York

Frank put the envelope on the table in front of James. James pointed at the man sitting next to him to count the money in the envelope. Once finished he nodded and Mr James inhaled his cigar and blew out the smoke from his mouth

“You do know that you can pay me off quicker by playing a few hands” James said

“No thanks…I don’t want to risk losing again Frank said

“As you wish..have a drink” James said as he pointed to the bottle of whiskey on the table

“No…I have to get going” Frank said then he smiled and turned around and made his way to the exit. Once he was outside, he exhaled. He owed Mr. James $15000 and so far he had only paid back $5000. The money in his savings account was running low but he was grateful that Mr James was at least giving him a chance to pay it back weekly. Frank smiled as he walked to the station and thought about how he and Roo were going to have their own family soon…

Marriott Hotel- Boston

Roo smiled as she greeted the guests who turned up for the launch party. The private room they had in the hotel was almost full. Roo had only been wearing her heels for two hours but already her feet started to hurt. She walked over to area that was set up as a bar “White wine please” Roo said to the waiter and waited for her drink

“The lady in red” Roo turned around and her heart skipped a beat as Donavan smiled at her

“Hi” Roo said. She sent an invite to his company but since Nancy wasn’t going to be here, she didn’t think she would see him. Roo felt giddy. She wanted to hug him, she could smell his aftershave…he smelt so good.  She didn’t know if she should try to hug him in case Nancy did decide to attend

“You look wonderful tonight” Donovan as he looked at Roo

“Thank you, so do you” Roo said shyly. Donovan always looked good. He knew how to dress.

“So, how have you been?” Donovan said as the waiter put Roos drink in front of her

“Beer thanks” Donovan said

“Ok..how are you?” Roo said

“Great, just busy” Donovan said

“I can imagine, with the wedding coming up…is Nancy here?” Roo said looking around the room

“No, she had a family emergency. I was in Connecticut tying up some business and drove up here” Donovan said and he nodded when the waiter put his beer on the table. He picked it up

“To a good evening” Donovan said and raised his beer bottle and drank some of the beer. He stared at Roo in the process and she smiled and sipped her wine..it was going to be a good evening Roo thought to herself…

Stewart Residence- Summer Bay

“Celia, come in” Ailsa said when she opened the door

“Thank you Ailsa, I hope I am not interrupting anything

“No not at all, Alf has gone out to a rotary club meeting, Sandra has gone over to the caravan park so its just me and Duncan tonight” Ailsa said and she walked into the kitchen

“Do you want some tea?” Ailsa said

“No..no thank you..I just wanted to pop by and say hello…Michael and Haydn have gone out” Celia said

“I saw then together, Michael is very happy that is son is living with him” Ailsa said as she sat down and drank some of her tea. Celia put her head down

“Is everything alright?” Ailsa said

“Ailsa, I don’t know…I guess I am not getting used to the role of being a step mother” Celia said

“Are there still problems between you and Haydn?” Ailsa said

“I get the impression that he doesn’t like me. He appreciates nothing I do, and when I discipline him, Michael gets angry” Celia said

“Well, it will take some time..you have to remember that Michael went through a lot with the custody battle..he nearly lost his son…he is just really happy to have him home” Ailsa said

“Yes I know..but I feel like a stranger in my own home” Celia said

“It will be fine Celia, look at me and Roo..we are the best of friends…just give it time” Ailsa said and she rested her hand on Celias

“I hope so, it was wonderful to see that you Ruth and Alf became a happy family" Celia said 

“I know…it has taken a lot of work, but I am glad that  Alf and I are happy...I cant think of anyone else I would rather be with” Ailsa said with a smile..

Waldorf Creek Inn- Waldorf Creek

Alf fell onto his back on the bed and panted. He looked over at Debra who smiled

“You’re gonna to do my back in” Alf said and Debra laughed. She wrapped the bed sheet under her arm and rested her head on Alfs chest

“Do you think it was fate?” Debra said as she made circle motions on Alfs chest

“What?” Alf said

“Me accepting the job and moving to Summer Bay” Debra said

“It mustve been because I never thought I would see you again” Alf said and Debra smiled and pushed closer to him

“You make me really happy love…happier than I thought I could ever be” Alf said

“Even though Bob was at the camping trip..It felt like a family…me you Blake and Karen” Debra said

“I know love…I felt the same thing” Alf said and he meant it..He has grown really close to Blake. It was strange the way they connected and have so much in common. He was still trying to work out Karen. At times she reminded him of Ruthy. Alf smiled to himself

“I love you Alf” Debra said and she stared into Alfs eyes

“I love you Deb” Alf said and he leaned forward and they began to kiss passionately…

Frank washed the plate and put it on the rack to dry. He opened the closet to get a towel and just as he was about to close it, his eye caught his guitar. He hadn’t played it in a while. Frank took it out and walked over to the couch. He opened the case..it looked beautiful, still brand new. He took out the guitar and looked at the inside pockets. He knew what he kept in the inside pockets..Bobby's necklace but he didn’t take it out. Frank played a few notes gently as he looked at the wedding photo of him and Roo on the table. He smiled then he softly played the first song he wrote for her. As he gently played the song, he remembered the first time he realized that he loved her…

W Hotel- Boston

Roo vocally exhaled as Donovan entered a place he had been before. She wrapped her arms around his neck as he used authority to overpower her body. Donovan pressed his mouth on Roos as his tongue explored her mouth. He thrusted with urgency and command that Roo missed. She wrapped her legs around him, further inviting him into a world he knew well. Roo closed her eyes as her body floated away to a place of bliss as she thought about how wonderful life would be like with Donovan...…

Background music ends…

Chapter 325

One week later

Sands Resort- Summer Bay

Marilyn folded the white towels and put them in the cupboard. The salon was not open yet, but since she moved to Summer Bay she had been there helping the manager  to get the place ready. Marilyn stepped back and looked at the neat pile of towels and smiled to herself. She couldn’t believe it that so much had changed in her life…she was living with people that she liked and was on the verge of having a career. Marilyn sighed then her smile disappeared as she thought about Ben. If she was honest with herself, she was still in love with him and missed him. One day during the week when Bobby and Grant were out, she nearly called him..she just wanted to say hello, but she stopped herself. She knew that he was bad for her..he said he loved her, and she wanted to believe him..

“Hi” Marilyn turned around to see Jeff Samuels, the personal trainer who she started speaking to this week

“Hi…” Marilyn said and smiled at Jeff. He was big and strong and she liked that

“Hows it going?” Jeff said as she walked into the salon

“Great, getting ready for the grand opening, how are you?” Marilyn said and smiled

“Good, just going for a work out before my next client” Jeff said as he put his towel around his neck

“Well, don’t work out too hard” Marilyn said as she looked at Jeff's arms bulging under his t shirt

“I wont….maybe I can” Jeff was interrupted

“Hi Marilyn” Jeff turned around and Marilyn looked over his shoulder

“Hi Bobby” Marilyn said as Bobby walked into the salon

“I better be going…ill see you later” Jeff said and winked at Marilyn

“Roberta” Jeff said and smiled sarcastically. Bobby ignored him as she watched him walk away

“What did he want?” Bobby said a she looked at Marilyn

“Nothing, he was just saying hello” Marilyn said confused

“He’s such a creep” Bobby said and she shook her head

“I think he is a gentleman” Marilyn said and smiled

“He goes out with my mate Narelle, I don’t know what she sees in him” Bobby said as she saw Marilyn’s facial expression change

“He was just being friendly” Marilyn said trying to hide her disappointment.

“Yeah…sure..ill see you later” Bobby said as she began to walk out of the salon then she turned around

“By the way, have you seen Lance?” Bobby said

“No…I haven’t..I don’t know if I should” Marilyn said

“Why not?” Bobby said

“I don’t know…I was expecting things to go back to how they were, but he didn’t want that.. then I met my ex and” Marilyn was interrupted

“You don’t have the same feelings?” Bobby said

“I don’t know how I feel..I think I might still be in love with my ex” Marilyn said

“But you said that guy was a creep” Bobby said confused

“Yes, he was but I cant turn my heart on and off” Marilyn said and Bobby sighed…she knew exactly how Marilyn felt

“Well maybe you and Lance could be friends?” Bobby said

“Maybe” Marilyn said

“Ill see you later” Bobby said then she walked out of the salon as Marilyn thought about going to see Lance…

“Lance, please put the boxes outside” Ailsa said as she walked into the kitchen. Ailsa walked into the pantry, took out some cans of tuna and walked back into the kitchen to see Lance staring at the sink

“Lance” Ailsa said and Lance jumped

“Sorry Mrs S” Lance said and turned on the tap to begin washing the plates. Ailsa smiled and sighed then she walked over to the sink and turned the tap off. Lance looked at her

“Why don’t you just go over there and talk to her” Ailsa said. She noticed that since the news of Marilyn’s return spread, Lance was behaving differently

“No, Im right” Lance said and he reached for the tap and Ailsa stopped him

“Please take the boxes outside” Ailsa said and Lance nodded and walked out of the kitchen as Colleen walked in.

“That vegetable quiche looks really nice..I think I might make some of that for my Lancey..we both need to start eating healthier” Colleen said and she put some plates in the sink

“Colleen, is Lance alright?” Ailsa said

“Yes, why? If he has broken anything, you can take it out of his wages” Colleen said

“No, nothing like that. He is bit quieter than usual” Ailsa said

“No, I have not noticed” Colleen said and she took out a pen and paper from her apron and began writing the ingredients she needed for the quiche

“Since Marilyn came back, he seems to have changed” Ailsa said

“Don’t you mention that floosy to me” Colleen said

“But she” Ailsa was interrupted  “She took off and broke my Lanceys heart. She better not show her face around her I can tell you” Colleen said and she walked out of the kitchen as Ailsa shook her head..

High School- Summer Bay

“Lucinda, I hope you don’t mind being on your own, I am heading out for the evening, ill be back tomorrow”  Donald said as he put a file in the filing cabinet

“Ill be fine Uncle Donald…sorry Mr Fisher, ill be working tonight” Lucinda said as she typed.

"Oh right..at the diner" Donald said and he rolled his eyes

"I like working there..i get to meet the great people of Summer Bay" Lucinda said and smiled

“I hope you don’t mind me asking, but I noticed that you and Nick are not very friendly” Donald said

“No not really” Lucinda said

“Oh, I am sorry..i thought he was a respectable young man” Donald said

“He is..its just that we are not compatible” Lucinda said

“Oh…sorry” Donald said

“Don’t be…I met someone else” Lucinda said with a smile

“Oh right…is it anyone I know” Donald said

“He lives in the city, I met him when I went to a job interview there” Lucinda said

“You'll have to introduce him to me” Donald said

“Its not that serious yet…but Ill let you know when it is” Lucinda said

“Ok…well once you have typed up those records, you can leave for the day” Donald said

“Thank you” Lucinda said and she smiled as Donald walked out of the office and closed the door. Lucinda stopped typing then she picked up the phone…” Hello, can I speak to Matt please” Lucinda said and she smiled to herself…

Stewart Shop- Summer Bay

“Ill just put these boxes in the back” Blake said as he carried the boxes to the stockroom. He really loved his part time job and getting close to Mr Stewart. He really enjoyed the camping trip and kept hinting that he wanted to go on another one. When his parents divorced, he thought that he would be miserable living in Summer Bay but that changed when he met Mr Stewart. Alf put the receipts in the office when he heard the bell over the door

“Ill be with you in a tick” Alf said then he walked out of the office to see a man dressed in a jumper and trousers at the counter

“How can I help you?” Alf said with a smile

“Dad!” Blake said and rushed over and gave his dad a hug

“What are you doing here? Blake said with a big smile

“I thought I would come and pick you and your sister up for the weekend and get a look at this Summer Bay you talk about" His dad said

“That’s great…oh Mr Stewart, this is my dad..Dennis..Dennis Lawrence” Blake said

“Alf, Great to meet you mate, you have a good kid here” Alf said as he and Dennis shook hands

“Thank you” Dennis said as Blake looked at his watch then at Alf

“I know..you can leave early” Alf said

“Oh thank you Mr Stewart” Blake said and he grabbed his school bag from behind the counter

“Ill see you on Monday” Alf said

“Nice to meet you” Dennis said and Alf nodded and he watched then walk out of the shop. For some reason, watching Blake walk out with his father made him jealous. Something he never realized until now…

Roo sighed as she got to the top of the stairs. She walked slowly and exhaled when she got outside the door of her apartment. She could hear the TV on which meant Frank was home. She was hoping that he would be working overtime. Roo inhaled deeply then exhaled and pushed her key into the lock and opened the door. As she entered the apartment Frank let out a loud laugh at what he was watching.

Background music- have you ever been alone

“Oh Hi” Frank said

“Hi” Roo said and forced a smile

“I got a Chinese” Frank said and he smiled at the TV

“Thanks, I wasn’t expecting to get home late, but the flight was delayed” Roo said as she took her shoes off

“Have you seen this show, its really funny” Frank said as she pointed at the TV. Roo looked at him as she took her jacket off and put it in the closet. “Im just going to take a shower” Roo said as she walked slowly towards the bathroom. Frank didn’t respond as he was focused on the TV . She turned the bathroom light on and closed the door. Roo stood in front of the mirror and looked at herself. As she stared at herself, she could hear Frank laughing in the living room. There was a point in time where she craved Frank..she would’ve done anything to be with him..in his arms…on the couch watching TV together.

Roo exhaled as she thought of Donovan making love to her and how much she now craved him. He knew her body…she felt like he knew her soul. Slight guilt fell on Roo as she thought about the fact that her and Frank were in a better place…they had agreed to put their problems aside or, as Roo thought of it, put plaster on their problems..hoping they would heal so they could be back to where they were. Roo sighed and turned the shower on..she wasn’t sure how long that plaster would hold on before it would slowly unravel and fall off…

Background music ends

Chapter 326

Lawrence Residence- Summer Bay

“Dad” Karen said and she got up from the couch and rushed over to her dad to give him a hug. She was really close to her dad and the divorce of her parents affected her more than Blake. Although Summer Bay was no comparison to living in the city and going to her old school. It wasn’t a bad consolation prize. In addition, she got to see her dad most weekends

“Hello sweetheart, how are you?” Dennis said as he hugged his daughter. He had not seen his children for the last two weeks

“Good, what are you doing here?” Karen said as her dad put his arm around her and they walked to the couch

“I thought I would come and pick you all up and see this Summer Bay that your brother talks about all the time” Dennis said with a smile as he looked at his daughter

“Dennis…what are you doing here?” Debra said as she walked out of the bedroom

“That seems to be the question of the day…I came to pick up the children..there was no need of them taking the train into the city” Dennis said and he looked around the house. He and his ex wife were cordial. Their divorce was nobodies fault, they grew apart..well that is what Debra says. According to the children, their mother liked Summer Bay and Dennis was appreciative of that considering he always felt that his wife was never happy with him

“Great place you got here” Dennis said as he looked at Debra. She looked different to him…maybe it was because he had not seen her in a while

“Thanks….I think you both better go and get your things…you don’t want your dad waiting” Debra said as she looked at Blake and Karen and they rushed off to their rooms leaving Debra and Dennis alone. The awkward silence was very loud. Debra walked over to the desk and picked up a letter and began to open it. For a man she was married to for so many years, she had nothing to say to Dennis. If she could admit it to herself, she never really loved him, she cared for him, and she was grateful to him. 

“So, how are the children getting along in school?” Dennis said as he walked over to where Debra was and sat opposite her

“Fine, adjusted very well” Debra said trying to avoid Dennis’ eyes

“And you? How is the job as deputy headmistress? Dennis said

“Good…glad I took the job” Debra said as she intensely read a letter offering her 15% off frozen pizza

“After 16 years of marriage you cant even look at me to have a conversation? Do I disgust you that much?” Dennis said and Debra sighed. She didn’t know why she was doing this…probably it was the guilt. The guilt of knowing that eventually the truth will come out, a truth that would eventually change all their lives.

“No, Im sorry...its just been a long day” Debra said

“Yes…it always is a long day” Dennis said and he got up just as Karen and Blake came out of their rooms

“Ready?” Dennis said

“Yes” Karen and Blake said in unison

“See you on Sunday night mum” Blake said and he waved as his mum and put his rucksack on his back. Karen just looked at her mum and walked out of the house. Karen slowly walked to the door and she watched them get into their fathers car excited at the prospect of spending the weekend with him. Debra sighed as the car drove away then she went into the house and closed the door..thinking that if she never came to Summer Bay then things would be very different...

Summer Bay

Marilyn smiled as she made the walk home. The weather was cool, not too cold and until the salon was open, she wasn’t working again until Monday. As Marilyn walked, she thought about what she as going to do tonight. It had been a long day and she wanted to have a bath and relax watching the TV because tomorrow night she as going to hear Grant play at the diner after dark.

“Hows it going?” Marilyn turned around to see the one person she had not seen since she moved to Summer Bay

“Hi…Lance…how are you?” Marilyn said as Lance stopped the car

“Ok, How are you?” Lance said and Marilyn smiled

“Whats it like living at the beach house?” Lance said

“Fine, I really appreciate Bobby giving me a place to stay” Marilyn said and there was an awkward and long pause.

“Ok..I best be going then” Lance said

“Ok, bye” Lance said and he drove off. Marilyn sighed in relief. She knew that seeing Lance was going to be awkward but not as awkward as it was. He was clearly over her based on his responses she thought, and she had to admit that she was still in love with Ben..deep down she knew that he really did love her...maybe he just needed their time apart to realize it...

Two weeks later

Chaplees Diner- New York

Frank sighed as he looked at his bank book. All his savings was gone. The money he was saving to go towards a deposit for a house before the baby came…was all gone. He took the last $1000 out to give it to Mr James. Frank put the book in the side of his bag then ran his hands through his hair and sat back on the chair and sighed. He was hoping that he could get some overtime work but since it was coming up to a slow season, historically there was very little overtime unless it was a special occasion. Frank thought about all the bills that were due. He was the man of the house, there was no way he could ask Roo for any money and he certainly couldn’t tell her about the debt he was in.

“Hi, I hope you haven’t been waiting long” Sam said as leaned forward and gave Frank a hug then she sat down. As she took of her hospital ID Frank looked at her, she had all her hair tied back and her skin was a little tanned, probably due to the sunny weather that was happening in New York. He could still smell the hint of vanilla of her perfume after she hugged him.

“I feel like we have been missing each other, every time we try to catch up, one of us gets busy” Sam said and she smiled. Frank smiled as he watched her eyes sparkle

“I am starving, I have been on my feet all day”  Sam said as she picked up the menu on the table. Frank really enjoyed her company. When he first met her, she reminded him so much of Bobby and they nearly went to a place that would have compromised their friendship. He felt comfortable talking to her, not about his problems but just life in general and her dating disasters which helped keep Franks mind away from the deep rooted issues in his home.

“So how is the rotation going?” Frank said

“Ok, just really busy. ER is not an interest of mine but it is mandatory for all pre med students to get the experience since we will all be applying for medical school next year. We don’t really do much but I guess being there and taking notes is important” Sam said and smiled

“So have you decided on which school you want to go to?” Frank said

“Im not sure. I want to stay out here, but it is really far from home and it can get lonely here sometimes with not family” Sam said. Frank nodded, he knew what she meant. New York City, the city that never sleeps with millions of people, but it can get really lonely

“Columbia has a good program as does NYU. I guess Ill just keep my open and see who takes me” Sam said

“Well I know you will get into all the schools” Frank said and he drank some of his coffee that he ordered as Sam talked. He couldn’t hear what she was saying as he drank his coffee…all he could think about was the financial mess he was in

“Frank” Frank felt Sam touch his hand then he looked up

“Hmmm?” Frank said

“I think you were miles away” Sam said

“Sorry…just thinking about something I have to do later” Frank said attempting to smile

“Frank…are you alright?” Sam said as she stared at him

“Yeah, fine” Frank said

“Your eyes tell a different story” Sam said

“Im fine” Frank said and smiled. He didnt want to talk about it...that meant what was happening was real. 

“I promise, everything will be alright” Sam said and she gently put her hand on Franks hand. She didn’t know what the problem was, and she didn’t want to interfere. She cared for Frank and at one point she thought they would be more but she found that his friendship meant more and she didn’t want to compromise that

“Thanks” Frank said and he smiled. It was something he needed to hear because he was sinking really fast with no way to get out…

Stewart Residence- The City

Barbra opened the door and walked inside her house. She took her shoes off, bent down and picked them up and walked to her bedroom. Today had been a long day, however it was one of those days that reminded her of why she decided to start teaching. Barbra took her jacket off and sat on the bed.She picked up a hair band from the side of the bed and tied her hair back and smiled as she thought about the previous weekend. Debra laid back on the bed as she was reminded of going to the theatre with Donald and Rebecca, as a family. Something they had not done in a very long time. Things have a habit of working themselves out. She knew that she always loved Donald, she just couldn’t live with him.

She thought she was in love with Matt but looking back at that, she made a mess of things…a mess that she didn’t need to be in at her age. However, with Donald, it was different, they had so much in common, they had healthy debates and could really be herself with him.

The subject of getting back together full time had been raised a few times and neither was committed even though they both felt it would be right. It would also mean uprooting Rebecca. She was initially in boarding school, but for some reason she decided that a day school was better. Rebecca always did well with her studies and she knew that she wanted to pursue a career in music. After things fizzled out with Matt, they didn’t talk about it anymore…they chose to rebuild their relationship which had gone astray. Barbra sat up and picked up the phone and dialed. Maybe this time around, her and Donald would make things work..

“Hi..Donald..its me….no no no there is nothing wrong, I was just calling to say hello..I was thinking of coming to Summer Bay…me and Rebecca…I enjoyed us being together and wondered if you would like that again” Barbra said as she anxiously waited for Donald to respond and smiled…

Bayside Diner After Dark- Summer Bay

Background music diner Jukebox

When she woke up late in the morning light
And the day had just begun
She opened up her eyes and thought
Oh, what a morning
It's not a day for work
It's a day for catching sun
Just laying on the beach and having fun
She's going to get you

“Carly we really need to get another person to work here” Grant said as he looked at Carly. They were always busy on Friday and Saturday

“I know, everyone I interviewed wasn’t very good” Carly said and she lifted a box of napkins up and put them on the kitchen counter. At the same time, her necklace popped out from under her black sweater. Grant caught a glimpse of the necklace before Carly pushed it into her sweater. The locket looked very familiar…like he had seen it recently

All that she wants is another baby
She's gone tomorrow, boy
She's gone tomorrow, boy

“Hi Marilyn what can I get you?” Grant said as he walked to the counter

“Hi, everything looks so good, I don’t know what to get…I think I will have the lasagna to take away” Marilyn said and smiled as she put the menu down. With Grant and Bobby both working, she wanted to treat herself to a takeaway dinner, have a bath and watch some TV.

“Now, what would you like to go with that..potatoes.. a nice salad?” Grant said as Marilyn looked at the menu

“Ben..this is a nice surprise” Carly said as she walked out of the kitchen

“I am happy to see you” Ben said and kissed Carly. Marilyn froze. She recognized the voice and her heart beat fast…it couldn’t be him…not here

“Or you can have extra cheese” Grant said to Marilyn who was still in shock..She didn’t want to look up in case it was him

So if you are in sight and the day is right
She's a hunter, you're the fox
The gentle voice that talks to you
Won't talk forever
It is a night for passion
But the morning means goodbye
Beware of what is flashing in her eyes
She's going to get you

“Mariiyn…hello” Grant said and Ben looked to his right to see Marilyn sitting at the counter with a menu in her hand

“Marilyn, this is my boyfriend Ben” Carly said and Marilyn felt her stomach drop. She looked up briefly..it was definitely him

“Nice to meet you” Ben said

“Hello” Marilyn said with all her strength as Grant noticed the awkwardness

“Grant, thank you very much but I changed my mind..I think Ill just have something at home…Ill see you later” Marilyn said and she rushed out of the diner as Grant watched her

“Oh, I just remembered something, I forgot to lock the car..Ill be back in a minute” Ben said

“Do you want a drink?” Carly said

“Yeah, just a coke” Ben said and he rushed out of the diner as Grant watched him.

When Ben got out of the diner he looked left then right then he saw her and ran down the road after her then he grabbed her arm. Marilyn gasped as Ben turned her around

“Look Ben, I don’t want any trouble ok” Marilyn said frightened

“What trouble…I just wanted to see if you were ok…its been a while” Ben said

“Why? Seems like you have already moved on. How long have you been seeing Carly?” Marilyn said annoyed. She couldn’t believe that Ben had moved on already while she was still in love with him

“That is none of your business” Ben said through clenched teeth

“ok…ok…just please leave me alone…I don’t want any trouble” Marilyn said frightened

Well if you keep your mouth shut…and don’t tell anyone that you know me…especially not Carly.there will be no trouble” Ben said and Marilyn nodded frantically then he leaned forward and kissed her then he let go off her arm and ran back towards the diner. Marilyn put her hand on her chest as her heard beat fast She couldn’t believe what just happened…she couldn’t believe that Ben was with Carly…and she couldn’t believe after everything he did, she was still in love with him

“Is everything alright?” Carly said as Ben walked back into the diner

“Yeah fine” Ben said and he smiled then he looked up to see Grant looking at him

“G;day Grant” Ben said and Grant nodded then he walked back into the kitchen as Ben;s smile disappeared..

She's gone tomorrow, boy

She's gone tomorrow, boy

Background music ends

Chapter 327

Marilyn jumped when Grant opened the door. Bobby was asleep and she couldn’t sleep so she went to make herself some tea

“Sorry, I didn’t expect anyone to be awake” Grant said as he looked the door then he looked at Marilyn and she picked up her cup of tea

“Im just going up to bed now” Marilyn said as she got up from the table

“Is everything alright? Grant said

“Yes, everything is fine thank you ” Marilyn said

“I couldn’t help but notice your reaction when you Carly introduced you to her boyfriend Ben” Grant said

“Reaction? There was no reaction” Marilyn said quickly as Grant looked at her

“Its getting late, I better get to sleep, night Grant” Marilyn said with a smile then she walked up stairs as Grant walked into his bedroom and closed the door. Marilyn walked quietly to her room, closed the door and sat on the bed. She put the cup of tea on the bedside take and opened the small drawer. She took out the box and opened it. The necklace and locket that Ben gave her were still so beautiful. Marilyn closed the box and put it in the draw and sighed. She had to admit to herself that even though she was still in love with Ben, tonight he terrified her. She wasn’t going to say anything to anyone…especially not to Carly. A tear fell down Marilyn’s cheek as she thought about Ben and that she had to find a way to get over Ben because now she knew…they were never going to get back together again…

The next day

The Bistro- The City

“I know” Lucinda said and both her and Matt started laughing. Lately Lucinda had been thinking of moving to the city, mainly because it was so vibrant, she had some friends from university living there and she would get to see Matt more often. Lucinda smiled then she picked up her glass and drank some of her juice.

“I don’t think I told you but I am thinking of moving to the city” Lucinda said as she took a bite of her sandwich and chewed.

“I thought you liked it in summer bay?” Matt said confused

“I do, my job at the school is great and the diner is good, but Summer Bay was only supposed to be a short term situation” Lucinda said

“So have you thought about what you are going to do?” Matt said

“My friend Molly said I can stay with her for a while until I get a job…maybe you can give me a job here…I have a lot of experience” Lucinda said and smiled. She watched Matt as he chewed his sandwich…her heart fluttered as she watched his mouth move

“I wouldn’t be able to offer you anything other than part time, and even them its only dishwashing” Matt said

“Doesn’t matter..as long as I get to see you..thats good for me” Lucinda said and she put her hand on Matts and he sighed

“Lu..I want to talk to you about something” Matt said

Emotional background music 

“Lucinda didn’t know how she should be feeling. Matt moved his hand and now it was on top of hers

“ Its been great reconnecting with you…you were a tower of strength for me during the trial” Matt was interrupted

“I would do anything for you” Lucinda said and smiled

“Thanks you..you are a great friend…but I don’t want to give the impression that it can be anything more” Matt said as he noticed Lucinda’s smile slowly disappear then she removed her hand from under Matts

“Did I do something wrong?” Lucinda said

“No, its not you..its just…you will always be Shane’s girlfriend and even though he isn’t here, I love my brother too much to every violate that” Matt said

“That is all the more reason why we should take the next step” Lucinda said and Matt shook his head no

“I don’t want to hurt you, but I respect our friendship which means more to me” Matt said and a little bit of Lucinda felt like it died.

“I feel like such a fool” Lucinda said

“No, please don’t feel that way…we can still be friends…you are one of the few connections to Shane outside of my family, and I don’t want to lose that” Matt said and Lucinda sighed she felt heartbroken because she thought that being with Matt was the right thing to do since she couldn’t be with Shane

“Please say something..I feel terrible right now” Matt said

“No, you shouldn’t feel terrible..it was my fault…thinking things should be different” Lucinda said

“I am sorry if I gave any impression or lead you on in anyway” Matt said and Lucinda shook her head and smiled

“No, you have been the perfect gentleman…and your future girlfriend or wife will be the luckiest woman in the work” Lucinda said hoping that any tears wouldn’t fall. Matt smiled…there was only one woman he wanted to be with…she would make him the luckiest man in the work…but it wasn’t going to happen because he messed up his chances with her…

Background music ends 

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“Pippa the light isn’t working” Carly opened her eyes as she heard Sally shouting at the top  of the steps. For some reason she had nodded off in the middle of getting her laundry together. Carly rubbed her eyes and sat up in bed then she rubbed her neck

Flashback

Ben- I think you should move out

Carly- Move out of where?

Ben- This house. , I hate sneaking around here like a kid. Arent you a bit too old to be living with your family?

Carly – Pippa is really cool and I don’t mind living here, ive lived with them for most of my life. Besides I dont think I could afford it

Ben- I thought you said you have an inheritance

Carly- I do but I didn’t really get on with my family so I want to make it on my own without that money

Ben- Maybe it if you had the money you wouldn’t need to work in a dirty diner

Carly- The diner isn’t dirty

Ben- If you have to work anywhere it should be the resort

Carly- I don’t know, I like being the manager

Ben- Are you saying my suggestion is stupid

Carly- No, im just saying I prefer the diner…ok..Im sorry Ben..you're hurting me…please stop..Im sorry

Flashback ends

Carly sighed and yawned and walked out of her bedroom and down the stairs

“Oh…I thought you went out” Pippa said as she walked into the house

“I was taking a nap until someone work me up shouting at the top of the stairs” Carly said and she gave Sally a mean look and Sally laughed

“There seems to be a problem with the electricity…I had a look at the fuse box and everything seems fine..hopefully its one of those 24 hour things and everything will be back to normal tomorrow” Pippa said as Carly looked at her…for some reason she didn’t believe Pippa

“Ill call Grant and ask him to come over and look at it” Carly said as she began to walk towards the phone

“No” Pippa said immediately and Carly turned around to look at her

“There is no need to bother him…I am sure it will be fine..I called the electric company to report the problem anyway” Pippa said and smiled then she turned around and went back into the kitchen as Carly watched her…

Two weeks later

Macklin Cooperation- New York
Frank opened his pay slip and sighed. No extra overtime hours, just his basic pay. Normally this would be fine. He would pay the bills, put some money in a savings account and the rest would be used for traveling to work and getting anything else he and Roo needed. Now it was not enough. Frank ran his hands through his hair and sat back in his chair. Last week he didn’t pay Mr James so this week he knew that he had to pay double plus the interest of missing the payment.

Phone ringing

Frank jumped when the phone rang “Hello Macklin cooperation, Frank speaking” Frank said

“Hello Frank, its James Hanson” James said

“Hello Mr James, I have been meaning to call you” Frank said and sighed

“Well its good that I decided to call you instead” James said

“Yeah…sorry about last week..I had a family emergency” Frank said

“Oh? That’s unfortunate…I hope everything is good” James said

“Yes..yes everything is fine” Frank said

“So I will expect to see you tomorrow” James said and Frank sighed

“Ok” Frank said. He didn’t know why he said Ok because he knew he wouldn’t have the money by tomorrow

“Till then” Mr James said then he put the phone down” Frank looked at the receiver and sighed then he put the phone down as he thought about how things were getting worse and worse everyday….

Barnett Residence- Summer Bay

“I know” Nick said and laughed with his uncle as Craig looked at them.

“I better get going..do you want a lift to school?” Bob said

“No thanks…I will walk” Craig said

“Alright then,,,don’t say I didn’t offer..see you later” Bob said then he picked up his hat from the table and left the house. Nick drank the last bit of his coffee

“I think I am going to go for a run before I start work” Nick said as he started to get up and Craig didn’t response. Nick looked at Craig who was staring into the cereal bowl and he sat down again

“Is everything alright mate? Nick said and Craig didn’t respond

“Craig?” Nick said again and Craig looked at him

“No..its not” Craig said and he exhaled deeply. He wished he could tell someone what was going on. He felt that he had a heavy burden on his shoulders. He hadn’t worked for the last two weeks so he had no money to give to Karen and he hadn’t seen much of Jonathan because he had been very busy. He felt so alone..he loved Jonathan so much..he just wished he had the courage to tell the world..

“Do you want to talk about it? Nick said

“No..its ok..I better go to school” Craig said then he got up, picked up his school bag and walked out of the house…

High School- Summer Bay

“Are you ready for test?” Sandra said as she took her folder out of the locker

“Yeah…what about you?” Steve said

“I think so..well…I hope so” Sandra said and she laughed

“What about you Craig? Are you ready for the test?” Sandra said as Craig opened his locker

“What test?” Craig said

“The test in Miss Woods class” Sandra said and Craig sighed. He didn’t even know that he had a test, his mind was preoccupied

“You probably know all the stuff anyway” Craig looked up to  see Karen and two of her friends standing near him

“Don’t you owe me something?” Karen said and Criag turned around to put his bag in his locker

“Im talking to you” Karen said with an annoyed voice

“Lay off him” Steve said to Karen

“This is non of your business” Karen said

“Well Im making it my business…go away” Steve said

“You better tell your friend to mind his own business” Karen said as she looked at Craig

“Why don’t you make me” Steve said

“I said you better tell your friend to mind his own business” Karen said through clenched teeth

“S Steve…I can handle this” Craig said in a soft voice

“Come on lets just go” Sandra said

“”Craig is not going until he gives me what he owes me” Karen said

“I don’t have it” Craig said as his heart beat fast

“I am not playing games Craig…you better give it to me now or” Karen said

“Or what?” Steve said

“Or I will tell the whole school that you are gay” Karen said as Steve and Sandra looked at Craig in shock. Craig couldn’t believe what Karen just said

“Oops” Karen said and she put her hand over her mouth sarcastically

“Is that true?” Steve said

“Of course it is, I saw him kissing his boyfriend” Karen said and she laughed with her friends as the school bell rang

“That will teach you to mess with me..lets go” Karen said and her and her friends walked away laughing. Craig stood in shook. He didn’t know what to do..now the whole school…and the whole town would know…

“Its ok if you are gay…one of my friends in my old school had a brother who was gay” Steve said as Craig still stood by his locker in shock

“Are you ok?” Sandra said and she put her arm on Craig's

“WHAT ARE YOU THREE STILL DOING HERE. DID YOU NOT HEAR THE BELL?” The shouting made Sandra jump

“Sorry Miss” Steve said and he and Sandra rushed off while Criaig still stood at the locker

“Is your hearing impaired? Did you not hear the bell..get to class now” Debra said. Craig looked at her…as the reality began to sink in…the whole town would know he is gay…he needed to get out of here…he needed to tell Jonathan that they were free to be together now” Craig took his bag out of the locker, closed the door and ran towards the exit as Debra watched him leave..

Stewart Shop- Summer Bay

“I know I promised love, but you all this committee lark..plus we are making plans to reopen the  surf club and that’s taking a lot of time” Alf said

“I know..but it would’ve been nice to get away for a few days to Thaihiti..just to spend some time together. I feel like we don’t do that often” Ailsa said

“I know…once all this has settled down, I promise we will have a family holiday…I cant wait to see you in your swimming costume…sitting by the pool” Alf said as he put his arms around Ailsa

“I love the sound of that” Ailsa said and she kissed Alf

“I better get back to the diner” Ailsa said and Kissed Alf again

“Will you be home for your dinner?” Ailsa said as she began to walk towards the door

“Im not sure love, I need to head over to Waldorf Creek for a meeting” Alf said

“Well, if you wont be too late, we will wait for you” Ailsa said

“No, you go ahead and have dinner” Alf said

“Alright..ill see you when you get home” Ailsa said and she blew a kiss at Alf and he smiled then she left the shop. Alf watched as Ailsa got into her car and drove away. For a split second, he felt guilty…guilty that he was having an affair..guilty that he was breaking the trust of his wife but he couldn’t help it…he loved Debra..long before he knew Ailsa…and this was just how it was going to be…

Sands Resort- Summer Bay

Emotional background music

Craig’s heart beat as he ran through the reception of the resort. He was both excited and scared at the same time. Excited that he was finally able to be with Jonathan but scared that his father would know…but it didn’t matter…he and Jonathan were going to leave Summer Bay. He was going to get a transfer to Melbourne and they were going to be happy. Craig knocked on Jonathan's office door, he tried to open it but it was locked. Craig looked at his watch confused. Jonathan was usually in his office at this time. Craig knocked the door again and there was no response. Jonathan must be having a meeting or something. Craig looked at his watch, he had nowhere to be, and he wasn’t going to leave until he saw Jonathan. He decided to wait in the staff room. As he walked along the corridor, he heard some something drop inside the linen room. Just as Craig got outside the door, he heard something else fall. He slowly pushed the door open and had the biggest shock of his life.Jonathan was in the back corner of the room…having sex..with one of the female waitresses. Craig gasped then he froze..he couldn’t believe what he was seeing…here, the man he loved..the man who said loved him…the man who he wanted to spend the rest of his life with…was having sex with a woman

“I think someone is coming” The waitress said

“Relax..no one is coming” Jonathan said as he thrusted

“I love you Jonathan” The waitress said in between panting

“Yeah, I love you too” Jonathan said as he continued to thrust.

Craig felt his heart break and he slowly closed the door in disbelief. He couldn’t believe what he saw..he couldn’t believe that Karen told everyone…his life was over…everyone in Summer Bay would know…Craig walked towards the exit…as far as he was concerned…this was the end of the world…his world..

Background music ends dramatically

General Hospital- Summer Bay

Nick rushed in after the doctors as they wheeled Craig into the emergency section

"Wh what happened...thats my son." Bob shouted frantically at the doctors who wheeled Craig away

"Uncle Bob, let them take care of him" Nick said as he tried to calm down his uncle

"What happened?" Bob said as he took his hat off and ran his hands through his head

"I was getting ready for work, I didnt know that he had come back home until I walked past his room. I thought he was asleep and I tried to wake him up" Nick said then he stopped talking, he could see that his Uncle was not paying attention

"I am sure he is going to be alright" Nick said as he put a comforting arm around his Uncle

"I dont know if I will forgive myself if he isn’t" Bob said and he began to cry as Nick sighed..hoping that his cousin would be fine...

Stewart Shop- Summer Bay

“Celia will you get off that phone” Alf said

“Ok Betty, Ill call you back” Celia said and she put don the phone as Alf shook his head

“I was just trying to find out if Craig Barnett is ok…what a terrible thing to happen. I mean, who would’ve thought that he was gay” Celia whispered the last word

“If you want to find out how he is, why don’t you phone the hospital..not Betty and all the other gossip mongers you have called” Alf said and he shook his head

“I thought you were leaving” Celia said annoyed

“I am..I should unplug the phone and take it with me” Alf said

“Oh really Alfred” Celia said and she rolled her eyes as she watched Alf walk out of the shop. Celia watched as he got into his car and drove off then she picked up the phone and began to dial

“Betty…its me” Celia said as she pulled a chair over and sat down…

Archived