Sign in to follow this  
Summer's Bay

Homecoming Part 3

Hello Friends,  I cant believe we are on part 3! I am so excited for you to read what I have in store!

Here is a link for part 1

Here is the link for part 2

Story Title:  Homecoming Part 3

Type of story: Not sure how long this fanfiction is going to be, this is my first time writing a fanfiction

Main Characters: Frank, Bobby, Roo, Floss, Aisla, Carly, Sally Pippa, Alf, Nev

Background Characters  Most of the characters who appear in the early years, Mr Greyson, Andy and a few others to be added later

BTTB rating: G/A

Genre: Romance/Drama

Does story include spoilers: No unless you have not watched any episode before 1992

Any warnings: Sexual content, 

Summary:  The aftermath of Tom Fletcher's death prompts a former Summer Bay resident returns home and the impact this return has on the lives of the people he left behind.

:)

Chapter 272

The Bistro- The City

“NARELLE! NARELLE!” Narelle opened her eyes as she heard her name. She looked around and realized where she was. She looked at the desk and quickly put everything on the table into her bag. She also wiped her nose and face, grabbed the bag of change on the desk and got up and walked towards the door and opened

“Sorry I took long, the safe door was stuck…you know how it is” Narelle said with a smile

“Here is the change” Narelle said and she handed the assistant the bag of money as she walked out of the office

“Narelle” The assistant said

“Yeah” Narelle said

“Your nose is bleeding” The assistant said and pointed to Narelles nose. Narelle immediate put her hand up to her face and touched her nose. She looked at her hand and saw some blood then she rushed to the bathroom and shut the door. She walked over to the sink and wet some tissue and wiped her nose then she used a dry tissue to stop the blood. This had been the second nose bleed she had recently…she knew the reason why but it didn’t matter. Narelle removed the tissue from her nose, the bleeding had stopped. She threw the tissue away and walked towards the door. Bobby was leaving soon and then she would be able to have a good time with Jeff. Narelle smiled to herself…she couldn’t believe that she had been chasing love and Jeff had been right under her nose all along. This was the happiest Narelle had been and she couldn’t wait for the future…

Waldorf Creek Court- Waldorf Creek

As Laura walked into the courthouse, her heart beat fast…she didn’t know if this was the right thing to do….being here meant she would have to relive what happened that night. Laura stopped walked and sighed…she would have to relieve what happened that night. Laura turned around and began walking back to the entrance but as she started to walk her body froze. She wanted to walk but she couldn’t. Laura sighed then she noticed a bench and walked over and sat on it. She suddenly felt hot. She fanned herself with her shirt and took deep breaths. After she exhaled the last one, she got up then walked towards the court. Laura quietly peeked into different court rooms until she found the right one. She knew it was the right one because she saw Alf seated next to a police man. Lauran opened the door quietly and sat in the single seat at the back. It was as if that seat was specifically meant for her. It was secluded and away from everybody. Nobody saw her come in as they were all fixated with what was being said by the barrister.

“So there you have it. Alf Stewart is a murderer” The Barrister said as he addressed the courtroom. From her seat, Laura could see Alf. He had his head down, he looked like a broken man. As the Barrister continued with his final address Laura watched as Alf kept his head down….

High School- Summer Bay

Steve took his bag out of his locker and closed the locker door

“Do you want to come with us?” Sandra said

“Im going home” Steve said as Sandra and Viv looked at each other

“Were going to Craigs house to see if he is alright…do you want to come?” Sandra said

“No” Steve said and he began to walk away

“Can you pick up Sally and Tammy?” Viv said

“No” Steve said and he walked away as Sandra and Viv looked at each other. As Steve walked around the corner, he bumped into Adam. After he and Dodge stole the money from the boat, he felt guilty aytime he saw Adam because Adam didn’t know he was involved

“G’day” Adam said

“Hi” Stev said and he walked around Adam

“Hey, Im looking for Mr Fisher” Adam said

“His office is down there” Steve said and he pointed

“Right, thanks” Adam said and he walked in the direction that Steve showed him. Adam looked around the school. He was happy that Mr Fisher gave him the job but annoyed that he would be spending his time picking up cans of cokes and papers. Adam knocked on the door that said headmaster a few times but nobody opened. He began to walk away when he almost bumped into a woman coming around the corner

“Oh, Im sorry…Im looking for Mr Fisher” Adam said

“He isn’t here, I am Ms Lawrence, the deputy head, can I help you?” Debra said

“I suppose. I am the new caretaker. Mr Fisher told me to come today to fill out some forms” Adam said as Debra looked at him.

“Come with me” Debra said as Adam followed her into her office. Debra picked up the forms from her desk and gave them to Adam.

“As it’s the end of the school day, you can fill those out and bring them with you on Monday morning” Debra said

“Right” Adam said as he looked at the papers

“Please be here at 8am as there is a lot of work to do” Debra said

“Ok” Adam said as he smiled at Debra who had a straight expression on her face

“Ok, ill see you on Monday morning bright and early” Adam said hoping the joke would make Debra smile but she didn’t. Adam looked at Debra then he walked out of her office…

The City

Bobby looked at the traffic ahead. It wasn’t usually this busy. The cars in front of her had barely moved. Bobby sighed then she turned the dial on the radio until she heard some music

You can reach me by railway, you can reach me by trailway
You can reach me on an airplane, you can reach me with your mind

Bobby looked out of her driver window, the traffic was still not moving. Bobby sighed then she rested her head on the car seat.

You can reach me by caravan, cross the desert like an Arab man
I don't care how you get here, just get here if you can

“Oh this is ridiculous” Bobby said then she indicated left and took the firs turning on the left. She didn’t know where she was going but she had to get out of sitting in the traffic. She  drove a head for a little while then she turned left and got stuck in some traffic but it wasn’t as bad because the cars were moving

You can reach me by sailboat, climb a tree and swing rope to rope
Take a sled and slide down the slope, into these arms of mine
You can jump on a speedy colt, cross the border in a blaze of hope

As Bobby slowly moved forward, she looked up and realized that the Macklin Office was right ahead. She signed

Flashback

Frank- Sorry im late home…say something

Bobby- Why do you always have to work late?

Frank- Its my job

Bobby- Tom gets to go home for his dinner

Frank- Tom is higher in the ranks than me..look it wont be for long…just until I can get to a good position in the company then I will be home all the time…Ill get home before you..even cook you dinner and have a bath ready for you

Bobby- Frank its not funny

Frank- I know…it wont be for long

Bobby- I know…I just miss seeing you

Frank well Im here now

Bobby- Ill heat your dinner up

Frank- I want to heat you up first..

Flashback ends

There are hills and mountains between us
Always something to get over
If I had my way, surely you would be closer
I need you closer

Bobby wiped the stray tear that fell down her cheek and sighed then she pressed gently on the gas and stopped at the traffic light. As Bobby looked at the Macklin building, she moved her head forward and saw Brett get out of his car. Bobby smiled. Maybe this was a sign. She hadn’t seen him lately…maybe she would stop and say hi… Bobby pulled the sun visor down and checked her face. She wiped her face and pushed the visor up. As the traffic light turned to amber, Bobby noticed a woman get out of Bretts car. The woman walked quickly to catch Brett up and she help onto him. The traffic light turned green and Bobby sighed and indicated left and drove away…

There are hills and mountains between us
Always something to get over
If I had my way, surely you would be closer
I need you close

Morgan Residence- New York

Frank put his arm around Roo as she rested her head on his bare chest. This was the first time that they had made love in weeks. Roo smiled to herself, things felt like old times. After eating together and talking, they were where they needed to be. Frank stared at the ceiling as Roo snuggled under his arm as he thought about the letter he didn’t send and how much he missed his best friend….

You can windsurf into my life, take me up on a carpet ride
You can make it in a big balloon, but you better make it soon

Waldorf Creek Courthouse- Waldorf Creek

Morag sat down after giving her final address to the court then looked at Alf who gave her a slight smile and a nod. Morag had done all that she could. She let her brother down…just like she let Bobby down…and her grandchild down. Morag reached for the glass of water she had on the table. She drank some then she sighed. She put the glass on the table. Pippa reached over and held Ailsas hand. Ailsa looked up at Pippa and smiled. She was happy that her friend was here. She tried to keep it together but inside she was falling apart. The jury walked back into the court and sat down. Laura watched as the jury took their seats. Her heart was beating…

You can reach me by caravan, cross the desert like an Arab man

“Alfred Stewart please stand” The court clerk said and Alf stood up. He looked directly at Ailsa and gave her a wink. If the court found him guilty, he agreed to take a deal of 10 years for accidental manslaughter. Alf exhaled as he waited. Al smiled to himself, just a few minutes more then he can collect his money and buy his one way ticket. He couldn’t believe that he pulled this off.

I don't care, I don't care
I need you right here right now

In the case of Alfred Stewart” The court clerk said

“WAIT” Laura said and stood up. The entire court room looked at her with a surprised looked on their face..

I need you right here right now right by my side yeah yeah
Get here

Lawrence Residence- Summer Bay

Knock on the door

Debra put her briefcase on the table. She looked around the house, there was still so much to sort out.

Knock on the door

She let the door knock again. She wasn’t expecting anyone but this time the knock was louder. She walked over to the front door and opened it

“What are you two doing here, youre not supposed to be here until sunday?” Debra said with a shocked look on her face as she looked at her son and daughter

“We decided to come early” Karen her daughter said and smiled..

I don't care how you get here, just get here if you can.

Background music ends

Edited by Summer's Bay

What twists and turns does Laura have up her sleeve? Looking forward to seeing where this goes. 

I love this fan fiction, Summer Bay - I am a very keen long term reader and the Early Years delighted me. ☺️

• Like 1

Great chapter

oh what is Laura about to do?

Debra's kids have turned up early.

Update again soon :)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sunny Girl said:

What twists and turns does Laura have up her sleeve? Looking forward to seeing where this goes. 

I love this fan fiction, Summer Bay - I am a very keen long term reader and the Early Years delighted me. ☺️

Thank you for reading,  I am happy that you are enjoying. I am excited for you all to read what I have in store!

Who are your favourite characters from the early years?

13 hours ago, Kristen said:

Great chapter

oh what is Laura about to do?

Debra's kids have turned up early.

Thanks for reading ☺️

Chapter 273

Barnett residence- Summer Bay

Craig bit into the sandwich and sighed. He was thinking of a way to tell his father that he wagged school and when he did go back, was told to go home

Knock at the door

Craig got up and walked towards the front door and opened it to see Sandra standing at the door and smiling. Craig didn’t say anything, he just walked back towards the kitchen. Sandra closed the door and followed him.

“I just wan to see if everything is alright” Sandra said as Craig sat down. Sandra put her bag down and sat opposite him at the dining table

“Everything is fine” Craig said as he bit his sandwich

“So why did you wag school then?” Sandra said

“Because I wanted to” Craig said as Sandra looked at him

“What are you going to say to your dad? Sandra said

“Look, I don’t know why you are here, just rack off and leave me alone” Craig said to Sandra who looked surprised

“Why are you being like this…I thought we were friends” Sandra said and sighed. She really did they were friends. When she was living with her old foster parents they still kept in touch. Sandra thought that maybe she could like he more than a friend..but she couldn’t. Craig didn’t respond

“I guess ill see you later then” Sandra said and she got uo and began to walk away

“Wait” Craig said and he got up and followed Sandra. Sandra turned around and looked at him. Before she knew it, ,Criag was kissing her.Sandra pulled back

“Craig, what are you doing” Sandra said with a shocked look on her face. Craig sighed, he didn’t know what he was doing

“Just rack off and leave me alone” Craig said and he walked towards his bedroom and shut the door. Sandra walked out of the house and closed the door. Craig lay back on the bed and closed his eyes when he heard Sandra lose the door. He was feeling so confused….he probably lost a friend today because of the way he was feeling…he needed to know…he needed to know if what he was feeling was right….

“How did you get here? Debra said as she looked at her children

“By the bus” Karen said and Debra stared at her

“Honest mum, we took the bus here” Blake her son said

“So whats it like around here?” Karen said as she looked out of the window

“Its fine…and you are both going to behave yourselves” Debra said

“We always do” Blake said and smiled

“Come on Blake, lets go and take a walk around town” Karen said

“Not until you pack your things away in your bedrooms” Debra said

“We can do it later, come on Blake” Karen said and before Debra could protest, the children were already out of the door. Debra sighed and looked out of the window as she watched them walk down the road.

Waldorf creek court- Waldorf creek

Emotional background music

The judge dropped the gavel twice “Order in the courtroom” He said as the people in the court Quietened down and sared at Laura as she walked towards the judge. Alf looked at Laura…he didn’t understand why she was here…Morag stared at Laura…Al stared at Laura..he didn’t know what she would have to say..

“I I am sorry your honour…I have something to say…something about this case…something I should have said a week ago when Morag came to see me” Laura said

“Your honour as this last minute we don’t need to hear any more testimony, Alfred Stewart is guilty” The prosecution barrister

“Youre honour, If Ms Brenan has something to say, I believe the court has a right to hear it” Morag said as she looked at Laura. Her heart beated fast…she knew that Laura had something to say

“Ok, I will allow it, please step forward into the dock and be sworn in…” The judge said as Laura walked to the dock and was sworn in by the court cleark

“Be seated” The court clerk said and everyone sat down excluding Morag

“For the purpose of the court, please state your full name” Morag said

“Laura Marie Brenan” Laura said and exhaled. She couldn’t believe she was here…about to relive that night. She rubbed her palms on her knees, they were sweaty…she was uncomfortable as Morag stared at her.

“Ms Brenan, on the night in question, what do you remember” Morag said and Laura inhaled deeply then exhaled

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“Carly, Carly” Carly opened her eyes when she heard her name, it was Sally back from school. She looked at her watch, she had slept for a little while. The hot water bottle had cooled down and she wasn’t in as much pain as she was earlier.

“Are you alright?” Viv said as she walked over to the couch

“Fine” Carly said and sat up

“There is a letter over there for you” Carly said and she pointed to the desk. Viv looked confused, she wasn’t expecting any letters. She walked over to the desk and picked up the letter

“Im just going to get changed and do my homework before dinner” Viv said

“Ok” Carly said and she put the hot water bottle on the seat next to her

“Check on Christopher when you get upstairs” Carly said as Viv walked up the stairs with Tammy following behind her

“Where is Pippa?” Sally said

“Shes not back yet” Carly said and she got up and walked towards the kitchen

“What time is she coming back?” Sally said

“I don’t know…later” Carly said and she opened the fridge and took out some milk

“Did she say what time she would be back?” Sally said

“LOOK STOP ASKING, I SAID SHE WILL BE BACK LATER” Carly said and sighed. Sally looked at her in shock and ran towards the stairs. Carly rushed after her

“Sal, im sorry” Carly said as she heard Sally run up the stairs. Carly sighed and walked back to the kitchen. She was angry at herself for making Ben angry and took it out on Sally. Carly put the milk on the table and sighed…She was ruining a really good relationship, but she was going to make it up to Ben…

Chambers Residence- Yabbie creek

“Ben…stop..please stop youre hurting me” Marilyn said as Ben wrapped his hands tightly around her neck

“Im sorry” Marilyn said in between coughing and trying to catch her breath then Ben let go and sat down on the bed as Marilyn out her hands up to her throat and coughed. All she asked him was if they would consider living together since she had to move soon and he didn’t like the idea. Marilyn put one had on Bens arm

“I am really sorry….I just thought that since we both like each other, it would be a good idea to live together” Marilyn said

“Well its not a good idea” Ben said

“Ben, I really love you…I want a future with you” Marilyn said

“I said stop going on about it” Ben said and he removed Marilyns arm from his. Marilyn sighed. She didn’t understand why she always made him angry by saying the wrong things but she loved him and was going to make sure she said the right things because she didn’t want to lose him…

Flashback

Laura- Oh no

Dave- Whats wrong

Laura- I think my water just broke

Dave – Are you sure…it’s a few weeks early

Laura- Well I guess the baby wants to come out now

Dave- Ok hold on let me get your bag…do the breathing exercises

Laura-We are going to have a baby soon

Dave- Ok I got your bag, lets go

Laura- Whats wrong with the car, why wont it start

Dave- let me just check under bonnet

Laura- Well?

Dave- Keep breathing love, it wont be long now

Laura- This stupid car, I told you to get rid of it years ago

Dave- Fair go love,  Its just a small problem with the engine

Laura- Stupid engine, stupid car

Flashback ends

Laura stopped talking, she looked up at the people in the court room staring at her.

“Would you like some water?’ Morag said and Laura shook her head no. Al shifted in his seat as he thought back to that night trying to think of what Laura would say. He remembered everything that happened that night but he didn’t know what she would say.

“Are you ready to continue?” Morag said and Laura nodded yes

Flashback

Laura- Why isn’t the car working

Dave – Im trying everything I can love just keeping doing your exercises

Laura- Cant you just push the car down the hill or something?

Dave- Just keep doing your breathing exercises

Laura- stop telling me what to do and just fix the bloody car

Alf- Gday , off somewhere?

Dave-  Do you know anything about cars, I cant get the car started and Laura has gone into labour

Alf- I think I know a few things, let me have a look

Dave – What are you doing up here anyway?

Alf- Hunting with my brothers in law

Laura- DAVE HURRY UP!

Alf- I think I figures out the problem, try the engine now

Dave thanks mate

SCREAM!

Dave- What was that?

Alf- Dunno, hopefully nobody fell off the point

Dave- What was that…sounds like someone running away..maybe we should check it out

Alf- No you go quickly..you don’t have time

Dave- Thanks mate

Laura- Come on Dave or ill have this baby in the car

Dave- Thanks Alf

Flashback ends

Al’s face turned to shock as he listened to Laura….then he started to panic…he didn’t know what else she was going to say. He looked at the people in the court, everyone was looking at her…Al looked at the exit, There was a police man standing by the door. Als heart beated, he calmed himself down and stood up. As he did the policeman looked at him. Al smiled then the policeman opened the door for him. Al casually walked out of the court house. With every step his heart beat. Alf got to the exit and once he got through the door, he rshed to his car and fumbled with the keys and finally got in and shut the door. Sophie jumped when she heard the car door close ad the tires skid. She jumped again when she heard Al bang his hands on the steering wheel. He was in a bad mood and she hugged herself tight and kept quiet under the blanket…

Flashback

Doctor – Im sorry the baby was born still born

Laura- Please…please do something..he was kicking me…please

Doctor- Im sorry, its too late

Flashback ends

Morag looked away as Laura described having a still born baby…it reminded her of the night that Ailsa told her that her grandson had died

“So you see…Alf couldn’t have been responsible for the murder…he was with me and my husband when we heard the scream and someone running away” Laura said and Alf exhaled. It baffled him that he didn’t remember that night until Laura mentioned it.

“OBJECTION, this is a clear fabrication. Until now nothing was mentioned about this encounter. This is nothing but a ploy from Ms Bellingham to save her brother” The prosecution barrister said

“Do you really think I would come here and tell everyone about losing my baby…do you know how it feels to bury something only to be reminded of it” Laura said as a tear ran down her cheek. Morag sighed…she knew what Laura meant

“Youre honor, this woman walks off the streets and tells the court this story..why didn’t she come with her husband” The prosecution barrister said

“My husband cant come” Lura said and she looked down

“That’s because he probably doesn’t exist” The prosecution barrister said

“We heard she killed him” Celia whispered to Ailsa

“OBJECTION” Morag said

“Go on, ask her where her husband is” The prosecution barrister said sarcastically

“I will allow the question…Ms Brenan where is your husbands whereabouts” The judge said and Tears fell from Lauras eyes

“He….he…after our baby died, he felt guilty….he blamed himself for not fixing the car fast…he blamed himself for us not getting to the hospital on time…he…started acting funny…he wasn’t normal anymore..they took him away..he is at Gladesville hospital” Laura said and there were a few gasps in the court and the judge banged the gavel

“Silence in the courtroom” The judge said and the court became quiet

“Ms Brenan, I am sorry about the loss of your baby, and I thank you for being brave and telling the court. I hope you find peace…please return to your seat” The judge said and laura smiled and before she left the dock, she looked at Alf who smiled. Laura smiled then she walked back to her seat looking at Morag.

“Court is on break for 15 minutes” The judge said and banged the gavel and walked out of the court room. Alf looked at Ailsa, they didn’t know what was going on. Morag drank some of the water on the desk and sighed.

Sands Resort- Summer Bay

Jonathan looked at the schedule for this weekend. There were two events. He picked up a clip board and looked at the staff who were going to work

Knock at the door

“Come in” Jonathan said and the door opened. Jonathan smiled

“I I I wanted to find out if I am working this weekend” Craig said as he closed the door

“Let me check” Jonathan got up from his seat while holding the clip board. He walked in front of Craig and sat on his desk opposite where Craig stood. Jonathan looked at the names on the clip board

“Yes, it looks like you are working this weekend” Jonathan said and Crfaigs heart beated as he looked at Jonathan. He started feeling those feelings again as he stared into Jonathans eyes.

“Thanks” Craig said and stared at Jonathan

“Is there something else? Jonathan said as he stared at Craig

“Nnno, thanks” Craig said and he turned to walk away and before he got to the door, Jonathan was standing behind him. He could feel his breath tickling his neck

“Are you sure there was nothing else?” Jonathan whispered in Craigs ear as Craig closed his eyes and exhaled as Jonathan kissed his neck. Before he knew it, Craig turned around and pressed his lips on Jonathans. This was a completely different feeling than kissing Emma or Sandra..this felt fight Craig thought to himself as Jonathan locked the door and they explored each others mouths with their tongues….

Edited by Summer's Bay

Blake and Karen arrive in a rather different way. Somewhat confused by Laura's story, didn't Alf think he might have killed Shane?

• Like 1

Great chapter 

Laura confuses her side of the story .

Was it Al that killed Shane?

Update again soon  :)

Edited by Kristen
  • Like 1

Chapter 274

The police man closed the door as Morag sat down

“Alfred why didn’t you tell me that you saw Laura that night” Morag said

“I dunno, I sort of think I remember but it cant be…I was shooting in the woods when I heard the scream..I wouldn’t have forgotten something like that” Alf said and he shook his head trying to remember what happened

“I knew she was hiding something but not to this extent” Morag said with a confused look on her face.

“So what happens now?” Alf said

“Well, obviously the judge wanted time to think so we just have to wait” Morag said as she thought back to Lauras testimony. Alf coughed then he felt a pain behind his shoulder

“Ouch” Alf said

“Are you alright?” Morag said

“Yeah, its just indigestion” Alf said as the door opened

“Court is back in session” The policeman said and Alf looked at Morag and exhaled then he got up and followed behind the policeman

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Viv read the letter and sighed. She couldn’t believe it. She read the top part again then she looked at Tammy who was putting away her books.

“Tammy” Viv said and Tammy looked around. Viv motioned for her to come and sit on the bed

“I got this letter today, from Dad” Viv said

“How did he know that we are here?” Tammy said

“he found out from someone at the church what happened” Viv said

“What did he say?” Tammy said

“He wants to come and get us” Viv said

“But we are happy here and we get to see Grant everyday” Tammy said

“I know but fostering is only temporary” Viv said

“What does that mean? Tammy said

“It means that we cant stay here forever, and we have to go with him if he comes to get us “ Viv said

“But I don’t want to go” Tammy said

“I know, I don’t want to go either” Viv said

“What are we going to do?” Tammy said

“I don’t know” Viv said

“I don’t want to go Viv…he just left us.” Tammy said and she began to cry

“I know, don’t worry, everything will be alright” Viv said and she hugged her sister and sighed

Barnett residence- Summer Bay

Craig flopped onto his bed and smiled. For the first time I a long time he was happy, what he was feeling was real. He had known for many years and tried to hide it but today after being with Jonathan, he knew… Craigs thoughts were interrupted when he heard the front door open. He looked at his watch, it was probably his Dad. Craig sighed. He still didn’t have an excuse so he quickly took off his clothes and got into bed

“What are you doing in bed?” Bob said

“Im noot feeling well” Craig said

“Well you looked alright this morning” Bob said

“Yeah I was then I felt ill” Craig said

“Oh, I guess I need to give you a note for school” Bob said

“Yeah” Craig said

“Ill get started on the dinner” Bob said and walked out of the bedroom as Craig breathed a sigh of relief and smiled to himself….

“All rise” The court clerk said as the judge took his seat

“Be seated” the court clerk said and everyone sat down

“Mr Stewart, I would like you to take the stand” The judge said as Alf looked at Morag

“Youre honour, I request to know why you want Mr Stewart to take the stand” Morag said

“We have heard from everyone else but not him about what took place that night..Mr Stewart, take the stand” The judge said and a policeman escorted Alf to the dock and the court clerk swore him in.

“Mr Stewart, I want you to tell the court what happened that night” The judge said as Alf looked at Morag then he sighed…

Stewart Residence- Summer Bay

Sandra walked into the bedroom and noticed the bottle of vodka on the floor. Emma was probably asleep under the covers. Sandra picked up the bottle and put it in a nearby plastic bag as Emma started to move around under the covers. Sandra looked at how untidy the room was and began to tidy up a little then Emma took the cover off her head

“I guess you couldn’t be bothered to come to school” Sandra said

“Rack off” Emma Said and she put the covers over her head.

“You treat this place like a,hotel, why don’t you ever clean up after yourself” Sandra said and she began to fold clothes

“Just leave my things alone, ill do it” Emma said

“How can I when they are all over my things” Sandra said

“I SAID LEAVE MY THINGS ALONE” Emma said and her voice broke as if she was about to cry. Sandra stopped what she was doing and walked over to the bed and kneeled down

“Are you ok?” Sandra said

“Just rack off” Emma said as she cried

“There is something wrong if you are crying” Sandra said

“Go away” Emma said and Sandra got up and walked out of the bedroom. Emma took the covers off her head as the tears ran down her cheeks…

Alf looked at the judge. He had just finished giving his account of what happened that night

“Is there a reason why you don’t remember helping Ms Brenan?” The judge said

“I have no idea your honour. I just remember all I told you” Alf said

“During the break, I contacted the hospital where Ms Brenan’s husband is staying and was able to corroborate her story” The judge was interrupted

Objection! Your honour, this has all been carefully planned, Alfred Stewart is a killer…he said it himself, he doesn’t even remember seeing the woman on that night” The prosecution barresiter said

“A woman sat in the dock and gave a heartbreaking testimony, she has shunned society after suffering a terrible tragedy and her husband since suffered a mental episode . She took a brave step today to tell the truth of what happened on a day she would like to forget. I would like to address you, Mr Wilson. I know that you was hoping today to get some closure for yourself and for your family. Unfortunately today is not that day. The evidence presented in accordance with Ms Brenans testimony concludes that it was nothing more than a very unfortunate accident,  and I am very sorry for that and for your loss. Mr Stewart, based on the testimony we have received today, all charges against you have been dismissed and you are free to go” The judge said then he banged the gavel . Alf exhaled and looked at Ailsa who was hugging Pippa. Alf looked around the court room, laura was gone. Alf exhaled. The last week had been hell, but now he was going home. Before the policeman led Alf out, Alf looked up at Matt who was staring at him. Alf felt guity for a lot of things, guilty that he even went hunting that night…guilty that he wasn’t found guilty…guilty that he got to go home to his family and guilty that he was thinking about Martha…

Nowra- Australia

“Damn it, damn it damn it damn it!” Al said as he banged the steering wheel. He couldn’t believe it, he had just lost out on $19,000. He put his hand in his pocket, he pulled out $20. He looked at the petrol tank, he had just under half left. He looked in the rear view mirror at Sophie who was scratching herself

“You dirty tyke, always scratching yourself. I should’ve been on a plane to tahiiti by now..get out and don’t come back until you got some money” Al said and Sophie nodded then she got out of the car and shut the door. Al sighed. He couldn’t go back to Summer bay now because he didn’t know what Laura said. He just had to lay low for a while..he had one more ace card up his sleeve…one that was definitely going to work. Al smiled to himself and made hims elf comfortable in the chair while he waited for Sophie to get back

“Hang on, your gonna squeeze my insides out” Alf said as Ailsa hugged him tight

“I just cant believe that you are coming home” Ailsa said as they walked towards the exit

“I know..me neither” Alf said

“I cant believe that you didn’t remember what laura said” Ailsa said

“Yeah, it’s an odd thing. Ive been going over and over in my mind what happened and I don’t remember it at all” Alf said

“Well its all over with…lets just go home” Ailsa said as they got to the car Alf saw Matt walking to  his car

“Just a minute love” Alf said and walked over to Matts car

“Matt” Matt turned around to see Alf standing in front of him. Matt didn’t say anything, he just looked at Alf

“Mate, I am really sorry about what happened” Alf said. Matt looked at him then got into his car and drove away. Alf watched Matt drive away as Ailsa walked towards him

“Lets go home love” Ailsa said as Alf nodded

“Where is Morag? Ailsa said

“I don’t know” Alf said as he put his arm around Ailsa and they walked towards the car

Waldorf Creek

Morag slowed her car down as it got to the traffic light. She left the court as soon as the case ended.she didn’t want any long goodbyes with her family. As Morag waited for the light to change, she watched a young woman cross the road as she pushed her baby. Morag watched the woman until she got to the other side of the road. She put her hand inside her handbag and pulled out the little white hat and put it in her shoulder and sighed as she drove away…

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“I guess its good news about Mr Stewart” Carly said as Pippa sat next to her on the couch and hugged Christopher. Carly watched as Pippa hugged him

“I saw Matt there” Pippa said and Carly didn’t respond

“Why didn’t you tell me that he asked you to go today ?” Pippa said

“I don’t know, but anyway you asked me to babysit” Carly said

“Yes but I could’ve made other arrangements for Christopher” Pippa said

“Anyway it doesn’t matter now” Carly said and she tried to get up

“Ouch” Carly sid and she grabbed her stomach. The pain had come back

“Are you alright?’ Pippa said as she looked at Carly

“Yeah fine, just a bit of a stomach ache” Carly said

“Well make sure you take something before we go to the diner” Pippa said as Carly sighed and walked up the stairs..

Beach- Summer Bay

Karen looked at the beach then she looked at her brother

“I hope this place is not as boring as it looks” Karen said

“I hope the school is not full of dropkicks..like that one over there” Blake said as he pointed to a young man walking on the beach. Steve was in his own thoughts..he didn’t notice Karen or Blake looking at him.

“He looks kind of cute” Karen said as she looked at Steve

“We better get back before Mum sends a search  party out for us” Blake said

“You go…ill just sit here and look at dropkick” Karen said

“Nooo, lets go” Blake said and dragged Karen up and they began to walk home.

Steve stopped walking and threw the pebbles in his hands into the water and sighed. No matter what he did, the guilt would not go away..he let his family down and he couldn’t shake the feeling…he didn’t know what to do…but he knew that he had to do something…

Brenan Residence- Summer Bay

Laura opened the photo album and turned the pages. Pages full of memories and promise. Laura wiped the stray tear that fell to her cheek and exhaled. She was proud of herself…for helping alf….for finally accepting what happened. Laura felt a weight had been lifted from her shoulders. Laura closed the photo album and walked towards her room. She reached under the bed and pulled out a bag. She opened some drawers and pulled out some clothes and put them m the bag. She sighed then sat down. She reached out to the photo on her bedside table and ran her finger down the faces of the two people who stood in it. Laura smiled then she put the photo back and closed the bag and smiled then she looked around the room, picked up the bag and made her way to the front door…

Stewart Residence- Summer Bay

Ailsa felt the bed next to her, it was empty. She lifted her head up then she sat up. She reached for her dressing gown and got up and walked to the bedroom. She saw Alf seated on the couch and walked over and sat next to him.

“You cant sleep love” Ailsa said as she put her head on Alfs shoulder

“Yeah..just thinking’ Alf said

“What about?” Ailsa said

“Trying to understand why I didn’t remember what Laura said” Alf said

“Love, its all over now..lets move forward” Ailsa said

“I know but I was in the bushes when I heard a scream…I remember that clearly..I heard the scream after I shot my gun” Alf said

“Hey hey…its all over now love. Its one of those things that cant be explained…I am just happy you are home…lets go to bed ey” Ailsa said as Alf kissed her

“You go…I wont be long” Alf said and Ailsa kissed his cheek and got up while Alf sat in the dark thinking about what happened in the courtroom.

Smart Residence- The City

“Right…I guess ill be heading back later today..ok, bye” Bobby said and she put the phone down as Narelle opened the bedroom door

“Hope I didn’t wake you up” Bobby said and Narelle shook her head no. She had a headache

“Are you alright, you look like hell” Bobby said

“Thanks a lot” Narelle said and sat down on the couch

“Im going to head back home today…get out of your hair” Bobby said

“You know you can stay here as long as you want” Narelle said

“Yeah, I know but I was just talking to Pippa..Alfs case is over…the charges were dismissed…Morag has gone” Bobby said

“Poor Matt” Narelle said

“Yeah, I know…anyway, thanks for letting me stay” Bobby said and smiled

“Are you alright?” Narelle said

“Yeah why?” Bobby said

“You know..after seeing Brett with that woman” Narelle said

“Course…Brett and I are just friends..Im going to take a shower” Bobby said and smiled as Narelle watched her walk away..

Stewart Store- Summer Bay

Debra parked the car. She had to start familiarizing herself with the area since they were going to be living there for a while. Her children were still asleep so decided to use the opportunity to get some groceries. Debra got out of the car and walked towards the door

“Be with you in a minute” Debra heard as she picked up a basket and began to look around as she got closer to the counter then she looked up and her heart jumped

“Debbie..is that you?” Alf said with a shocked look on his face

“Hi Alf…yes its me” Debra said as she looked at Alf

“Strewth….I didn’t expect to see you..its been a long time” Alf said as he looked at Debra

“16 years” Debra said

“Yeah…a long time…well what are you doing here?” Alf said

“I started as the new deputy headmistress at the high school” Debra said

“That’s great love…you always said you wanted to be a teacher” Alf said and smiled. Debra couldn’t believe that he still remembered.

“So did you move here with family?” Alf said

“Well just me and my two children” Debra said

“No husband?” Alf said

“No, we divorced a few years ago, we share custody of the children but they will be living here with me, seeing him at the weekend” Debra said

“It really is good to see you” Alf said. He genuinely meant it and smiled as the shop door opened and Ailsa walked towards Alf

“Im running late love, can you watch Duncan, the babysitter is sick” Ailsa said as she handed Duncan to Alf

“Love, this is Debra, an old friend who has moved into town. Deb, this is my wife Ailsa and my son Duncan” Alf said

“Hello” Debra said and smiled

“Hello, welcome to Summer Bay…Im sorry I cant stop but when you get a chance, pop into the bayside Diner for a coffee, its just a few kilometers down the road..i better go love” Ailsa said and she kissed Duncan and Alf and rushed out of the store. Debra stared at Duncan as he smiled

“Yeah, Ailsa co owns the diner, they have been really busy lately“ Alf said and Debra smiled

“It really is good to see you Deb” Alf said and Debra smiled

“Yes, it is good to see you too” Debra said and smiled as she walked around the store collecting her groceries..

Debra closed the front door and walked towards the kitchen and put the groceries on the table. The house was quiet, her children were still asleep. Debra began taking the cans out then she stopped. She walked towards her sons room and slowly opened the door. He was fast asleep. Debra walked over to him and bent down. She looked at his face and gently ran her finger through his hair then she sighed and quietly closed the bedroom door. She walked into her bedroom and opened the bedside table and pulled out a photo album. She sat on the bed and and turned the pages until she stopped at one photo of Blake as a toddler. Debra sighed as she looked at his smiling face in the photo…it was the same smiling face she saw today. Debra sighed and put the photo album away and walked out of the bedroom…

Great chapter 

Alf is free now.

Why is Debra acting so odd?

• Like 1

Good that Alf's free but Al's still out there.All the girls still like Steven!

And could Blake be Alf's son?

• Like 1

Great start, H&A Alternate Universe 1991 rolls on.

Craig wrestling with feelings that "wouldn't be understood" in a small town in that period of time...

Another dimension to Debra as opposed to Psychobitch?

Ben continues to use blondes for punching bags

Good on Laura effectively springing Alf

John contacting the sisters?

Can't wait for more!

• Like 1