Summer Bay High School - Uniform

welshbayfan

That would've been amusing ?

There's a school in England that used to have its school uniform identical to Summer Bay High.  I think the kids voted for it at some stage. You can still see a small photo of it on their homepage https://www.bramdeanschool.co.uk/ They seem to have made changes to it since, though. 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 17/05/2019 at 00:33, cymbaline said:

That would've been amusing ?

There's a school in England that used to have its school uniform identical to Summer Bay High.  I think the kids voted for it at some stage. You can still see a small photo of it on their homepage https://www.bramdeanschool.co.uk/ They seem to have made changes to it since, though. 

Thats so cool. Its a shame they changed it. I feel like every school now has huge blazers.

I have always found it strange how all the girls have to wear dresses. You would think they would let the female characters wear the male uniform or have a generic dress top/blouse they could wear. I do like that Bella has changed the uniform to wear trousers and have the dress as a top. It suits her character and looks right.

My old school now has girls and boys wearing the same uniform - shirt/jumper/trousers. Probably its way of dealing with the girls pushing the envelope regarding skirt lengths. Pale northern hemisphere skin and navy skirts/socks is not a good look ?

On 20/05/2019 at 10:46, David Deex said:

I have always found it strange how all the girls have to wear dresses. You would think they would let the female characters wear the male uniform or have a generic dress top/blouse they could wear. I do like that Bella has changed the uniform to wear trousers and have the dress as a top. It suits her character and looks right.

I feel like some schools are becoming a bit more gendered though in terms of uniform. Mine used to be the generic black trousers, sweatshirt and polo shirt for both girls and boys (with the option to wear skirts, but no one ever did), where as now it seems you have to wear skirts with tights/high socks and blazers, and trousers for boys.

I think a generic uniform would be good though, as the girls dresses look a lot...nicer/fancier? compared to the boys uniform (probably because most of them wear jeans).

8 hours ago, Lunar said:

I feel like some schools are becoming a bit more gendered though in terms of uniform. Mine used to be the generic black trousers, sweatshirt and polo shirt for both girls and boys (with the option to wear skirts, but no one ever did), where as now it seems you have to wear skirts with tights/high socks and blazers, and trousers for boys.

I think a generic uniform would be good though, as the girls dresses look a lot...nicer/fancier? compared to the boys uniform (probably because most of them wear jeans).

Yes, and they wear their Shirts and ties casually too.

• 2 months later...

I think the Summer Bay uniforms are great for Australia because its so hot. I have never understood why Raffy wears such silly socks though. All the other girls wear white ankle or calf socks. I think the posts with SBHS girls wearing over the knees are a bit Britney Spears! I really dont like Raffy in those red and black spotty socks! Have they got strawberries on them or something?

I think Bella is allowed to wear Jeans because she has some emotional problems. Jeans and DM's promote a tougher image, even if she feels vunerable inside.

Archived