Summer Bay High School - Uniform

welshbayfan

One strange thing I find about the show is that whilst the school has a uniform it seems that the pupils can change the uniform without getting in trouble, but its only the girls that seem to do it!

Whilst just being a soap should be realistic and schools would not allow such a thing.

Bella - Cut off Dress with Trousers!Home-and-Away_Week16_Colby-Thorne-Bella-

Raffy - Coloured Socks!

DUind-1XcAAqGhv.jpg

Nicole & Rosie - Over Knee Socks

TeriHaddy115.JPG

TessaJames1838.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have noticed it too. Another thing, although very small, is that often you see Male School Students in the background and they have their shirts tucked into their pants or they look a bit more formal/smart, but then the main characters on screen don't wear the uniform like that anymore, not since the 90s or 2000s.

I do think it's unfair though that the boys can choose what trousers they wear with the shirt (Drew was impressed that the uniform wasn't as strict as his old school) whereas the girls don't have any choice apart from the dress.

Although Bella has managed to adapt the dress to suit her own style...

So the boys can choose what trousers they wear and the girls can wear whatever colour or length of socks they want.

Given that schools here in the UK send pupils home for wearing the wrong colour socks it's pretty funny!

Archived