Was Kirsty's 2nd stint an attempt to replace Sally?

joany208121

Kirsty was a dominating character in her early 2000-2005 stint, especially when compared to Jade. Did this lead to her becoming a recognisable face for the show, and thus when Sally had left, was she re-introduced as a way to tie in the past and move HAA forward into the future. 

She had a likeable quality as naive and had many take her under her wing (Alf, Miles, Irene, and her Parents to name a few) but also had strength and guts that other central characters haven't possessed. Did this work in her favour? 

The aim of Kirsty's 2nd stint wasn't overly clear, as she was in and out of love with Kane and Miles, and also finding herself in many different jobs, all lacking direction. Ultimately she left with Shelly in what I initially thought was a temporary exit, but was actually just a low key way of writing someone out who had been onscreen for almost a decade. 

I don’t think so. Kirsty has an extremely controversial character, she married her sister’s rapist. Sally, although flawed, was gone girl next door character who always came through in the end and would never have had the kind of stories Kristy did. 

That said, I felt Kirsty’s return could have been handled better. The initial return was great but it felt like they didn’t know what to do with her. Wasn’t she a guestie for almost a year? She should have stayed. And they could have explored her relationship with Laura a bit more as Dani and Jade wouldn’t have come back! 

On 01/07/2018 at 21:35, ter06 said:

I don’t think so. Kirsty has an extremely controversial character, she married her sister’s rapist. Sally, although flawed, was gone girl next door character who always came through in the end and would never have had the kind of stories Kristy did. 

That said, I felt Kirsty’s return could have been handled better. The initial return was great but it felt like they didn’t know what to do with her. Wasn’t she a guestie for almost a year? She should have stayed. And they could have explored her relationship with Laura a bit more as Dani and Jade wouldn’t have come back! 

Its a shame Jade didnt get half as many stories as the other sisters did.

However Matilda was still there who was her family anyway, but it wasn't made clear enough

On 02/07/2018 at 22:13, joany208121 said:

Its a shame Jade didnt get half as many stories as the other sisters did.

However Matilda was still there who was her family anyway, but it wasn't made clear enough

Jade was like watching paint dry.

The positive thing about Kirsty second stint is that she was reunited with her family. 

I was very impressed when they bother to ask Paula Forrest back briefly too. 

But no, the Miles thing didn't work for me either. And getting her to work in school wasn't very imaginative either. But occupations and choice of partner are always very limited in summer bay I guess

Archived