What if Ailsa had stayed in Summer Bay Alive?

Inactive.User

I'm unsure if this thread need tags.Just to be sure...

Spoiler

If Ailsa was alive we'd likely be spared the current nonsense of Martha waltzing into town and shacking up with Alf  who seems to have forgotten all about her.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, ~Lynd~ said:

I'm unsure if this thread need tags.Just to be sure...

Hide contents

If Ailsa was alive we'd likely be spared the current nonsense of Martha waltzing into town and shacking up with Alf  who seems to have forgotten all about her.

To be fair Ailsa has been dead 19 years how long would you like Alf to dwell on her death? Life does go on 

10 hours ago, Bobby Forever Missed said:

To be fair Ailsa has been dead 19 years how long would you like Alf to dwell on her death? Life does go on 

That's not my point....Obviously He should be happy but I would have preferred the actress play a different character...

3 hours ago, ~Lynd~ said:

That's not my point....Obviously He should be happy but I would have preferred the actress play a different character...

That's not how you worded it though you worded it like Alf has forgotten about Ailsa which he most likely hasn't as an example my mother has been dead for 2 years and just because i've gotten on with life doesn't mean i've forgotten her or don't think of her from time to time same with Alf thinking about Ailsa

3 hours ago, Bobby Forever Missed said:

That's not how you worded it though you worded it like Alf has forgotten about Ailsa which he most likely hasn't as an example my mother has been dead for 2 years and just because i've gotten on with life doesn't mean i've forgotten her or don't think of her from time to time same with Alf thinking about Ailsa

Spoiler

He literally has not mentioned Ailsa once since the entire thing started so you could be forgiven for thinking he had forgotten about her.I think it's appropriate that she at least gets a mention given the history of the show.I think you know what I mean and just want to argue.I'm out.

That's all I'm saying.See ya around.

On 19/05/2019 at 21:28, adam436 said:

Not at all would be my guess :)

Angie's story revolved solely around the Sutherlands, Jesse and the school. Ailsa had no reason to be involved in any of those. 

I disagree. One of the great things about the Angie storyline was how her web was cast all over Summer Bay and everybody was intertwined in her plots. Her jealousy of Sally, rivalry with Irene, no-strings sex with Jesse, mistaking Flynn's concern and counselling for affection, burning down Scott's boatshed, trying to get Morag killed, her pettiness with Leah and Sophie... she established strong (usually super insecure) relationships with everyone she met. I bet her and Ailsa would have had some great scenes.

Ailsa and Morag would have buried the hatchet too I'm guessing, since Morag was much softer in the 2001-2017.

I wonder if they would have made Brendan McKensy's version of Duncan "evil" had Ailsa been alive too.

Assuming Ailsa was still around today, Shauna would more than likely have been recast too, maybe with Kestie Morrasi and Coco and Ziggy being her SORASed children.

On 23/05/2019 at 12:22, adam436 said:

Ailsa and Morag would have buried the hatchet too I'm guessing, since Morag was much softer in the 2001-2017.

I wonder if they would have made Brendan McKensy's version of Duncan "evil" had Ailsa been alive too.

Assuming Ailsa was still around today, Shauna would more than likely have been recast too, maybe with Kestie Morrasi and Coco and Ziggy being her SORASed children.

I hope not as I like how Family had no connection to Bay and just arrived by discoing place by driving aroud Sydney. 

I think Morag didn’t soften to about 2003 when she help Dani out prison. 

Archived