Homecoming

Summer's Bay

:)

Chapter 161

Bayside Diner-Summer Bay

Carly put the phone down and sighed. Ben just called, he was not coming to see her this weekend as she hoped. She wanted to book a room for them at the Sands Resort hoping to make up for their fight. Unfortunately, Ben had to go up to Perth again. Carly wipwd the counter. If wasn’t very busy today and with Mrs Stewart and Steve not around, it was just her and Lance. Carly sighed

“Hi Carly” Carly looked up to see Geoff standing at the counter

“Hi” Carly said and smiled

“Can I please have a toasted tuna and cheese sandwich to go” Geoff said as Carly wrote down the order

“Sure” Carly said

“I went to see Bobby at the hospital” Geoff said with a smile

“Right” Carly said

“She looks really well” Geoff said

“Yeah, I am going there after work..ill just make your sandwich” Carly said and walked into the kitchen.

“oh hello Geoff” Geoff turned around to see Donald walking into the diner

“Hello Mr Fisher, how are you?” Geoff said

“Good, just wanted to get some lunch before I take my car to the mechanic then go and see Bobby at the hospital” Donald said

“I went to see her earlier, like you said” Geoff said then Lance looked at him

“Good, any progress?” Donald said

‘G’day Mr F, what can I get you? Lance said as Donald looked at him

“A chicken salad sandwich and I will have that to go” Donald said as Lance wrote the order on the notepad

“No progress…Are you sure this is going to work?” Geoff said

“Yes, I told you, I know my daughter, you are the right man for her. She just needs to realise it and she will” Donald said

“Ok, as long as you think this will work..I really love her Mr Fisher” Geoff said

“Yes I know and I believe she loves you too, she just needs to be convinced you are the right man for her and stop all this nonsense” Donald said then he looked up to see Lance looking at him

“I would like my lunch today please” Donald said

“Yeah right” Lance said as he walked into the kitchen

Bellingham residence

“Ailsa, what a surprise…I wasn’t expecting you..come in” Morag said as she tightened her bath robe

“I hope I didn’t wake you” Ailsa said

“Not at all..I was just packing up a few things and getting them ready for storage…sit down, would you like a drink? Morag said

“No, I wont be staying long..I came to get a head start on some Christmas gifts before we fly out to visit Frank and Roo” Ailsa said as she sat down and watched Morag pour herself a drink then she went and sat down opposite Ailsa

“I intend to go and see them my self next year…things turned out wonderfully for Ruth, I am very happy for her..living in a fabulous city with the man of her dreams” Morag said with a smile as Ailsa looked at her

“So, to what do I owe this honour?” Morag said with a smile

“Alf, he asked me to check in on you, he said he was a bit concerned about you and this move appears rushed” Ailsa said

“Concerned? Alfred has nothing to be concerned about" Morag said

“He seems to think that you might be feeling guilty about Bobby losing her baby” Ailsa said then Morag began to laugh

“Guilty? Now why would I be feeling guilty?” Morag said

“I don’t know…your grandson dying after you had a shouting match with his mother?” Ailsa said

“I am not sure how you would come to such a ridiculous idea..I didn’t have any shouting match with that dreadful girl” Morag said then she sipped her drink as Ailsa shook her head

“Cant you just put your feelings aside and have some sympathy?” Ailsa said

“Why? That baby is better off dead anyway..I mean look at its parents…I shouldve aborted that terrible girl when I had the chance” Morag said then she sipped her drink again as Ailsa looked at her shocked

“I came here out of respect for Alf..because he wanted to make sure that you are alright . I thought I would put my feelings aside and be a good sister in law because maybe just maybe you needed some support but Every time I give you a chance you prove just how terrible you really are. I don’t want you to ever step foot inside my house , be anywhere near my son  or anywhere near Bobby ever again and if you do, I will play the ace card I have up my sleeve and none of your family will ever speak to you ever again” Ailsa said

“ Ha…what Ace card?” Morag said with a laugh

“The one parked down the road with Ross mechanics on the side” Ailsa said and Morag’s facial expression changed

“Goodbye Morag” Ailsa said then she walked out of the house. Morag got up and walked over to the window and watched Ailsa get inside the car as tear dropped down her cheek. Morag took a deep breath, exhaled and wiped her face. She then smiled and turned around and went upstairs. Morag opened her bedroom door to see Michael dressed

“Shes gone…you don’t have to leave” Morag said and walked over to Michael and put her arms around him then Michael removed her hands

“Is there something wrong?” Morag said confused

“I overheard you and Ailsa talking” Michael said

“So, that has nothing to do with us” Morag said as she stroked Michael's cheek, he moved away

“I have to go” Michael said

“Why? I thought we were having a good time”    Morag said confused

“I didn’t like what Ailsa was saying about you..” Michael said

“Oh don’t pay any attention to Ailsa” Morag said with a laugh

“Goodbye” Michael said as Morag tried to grab his jacket but missed. Morag sighed then she walked over to the window and sighed..another man was gone. Morag walked over to her bed and sat down then she reached into the box next to the chair and picked up an envelope. In the envelope, she took out a babies hat then she put the hat on her chest and a tear fell down her cheek.

Steve waited for the car to drive off then he came out from behind the tree and looked at the house then he looked around and saw a brick on the floor. Steve bent down and picked up the brick and looked at it then looked at Morags house

“You will pay” Steve said as he began to slowly walk towards the house

Morgan residence-New York

Frank watched the TV as Roo sat on the floor and packed away the things she brought as she ate a sandwich

“Look, im sorry ok” Frank said as he turned the TV down. Roo didn’t respond.

Background music-Have you ever been alone theme

“Roo” Frank said then Roo looked up at him

“What do you want me to say Frank?” Roo said

“I said I am sorry” Frank said as he got up off the chair and sat on the floor next to Roo then he reached out and grabbed Roo’s hand

“Maybe you are right..I am having a tough time here because I am not trying ” Frank said

“I am glad you agree” Roo said

“I don’t want to fight” Frank said

“Neither do I ..maybe I over reacted…. I should be more understanding” Roo said as she kissed Frank

“Eveything will be fine…I promise…just give it a chance….remember you wanted to come here” Roo said

“Yeah, I know. I wasn’t going to say anything but it’s the Macklin Christmas do in a couple of weeks, I guess we should go to that” Frank said

“That is a great place to start..I promise Frank, everything will be alright” Roo said as she hugged Frank who had an unsure look on his face

General Hospital-Summer Bay

Flashback

Tom “You ready?”

Bobby “Ready as ill ever be”

Tom “You look beautiful sweetheart and I am so proud to walk you down the aisle

Bobby “Thank you…I am grateful that you wanted to

Tom “I hope that you and Frank will be just as happy as Pippa and I have been all these years..marriage is not easy, especially when you start having kids but when you love each other, you can overcome anything. You make my son very happy, the happiest I have ever seen him

Bobby “He makes me very happy too and I love him very much. Thank you for coming to Summer Bay, thank you for making my dream come true

Tom “This is just the beginning”

Bobby “Yes, just the beginning”

Tom “We better not keep Frank waiting”

Flashback ends

“Hi Bobby” Bobby turned to her left to see Sally standing at the door

“Hey squirt..how did you get here” Bobby said then Sally walked over to the bed and Bobby reached for her hand

“Pippa brought me, she is outside talking to Reverend Jones” Sally said

“Oh right” Bobby said with a smile

“Pippa said baby Tom has gone to heaven to be with Tom” Sally said

“Yes” Bobby said as she looked at Sally who looked sad. She was really excited about the baby coming.

Sally let go of Bobby's hand and began to take something out of a bag as Bobby watched, Sally took out the bear Frank gave her then she felt her heart skip

“The other day…you thought I was Frank when I was waking you up. I wanted to give you Mr Sparkles so that you can think about Frank and you can feel better” Sally said then she put the bear into the bed next to Bobby. Bobby looked at the bear, as she remembered when she helped Frank pick it out….she remembered Frank kissing the top of the bears head for good luck.

“Its your bear Sal, I will be fine” Bobby said

“Don’t you like Frank anymore?” Sally said

“I already have a bear Sal, the one Alan gave me” Bobby said

“But I want you to have this one” Sally said

“I think you should keep it, give it Frank and Roo when they have their baby” Bobby said and she smiled while her heart continued to break

Background music ends

Yabbie creek

Marilyn kissed Ben and smiled “Thank you, you really do spoil me” Marilyn said as she looked at the flowers that Ben gave her

“Are you ready?” Ben said

“Yes, let me just put these flowers in water and grab my jacket” Marilyn said as she went to the kitchen, shortly she came out and picked up her jacket then they left the hoise and went to Ben's car.

“One of the ladies I work with said she saw you at the awards dinner in summer bay” Marilyn said

“Summer Bay? where is that?” Ben said as Marilyn smiled

“She was convinced it was you but I told her you must have a twin or something” Marilyn said

“Yeah maybe” Ben said as he turned the engine on

“Are you sure it wasn’t you” Marilyn asked

“I told you already, I don’t even know where Summer Bay is…don’t ask me again” Ben said then he banged his hand on the steering wheel

“I am sorry” Marilyn said feeling scared as she put her seatbelt on and sat quietly in her seat

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

The girl knocked at the door a few times there was no answer then she slowly walked back to the car and got in

“Well” The man said when she shut the car door

“There is nobody home” The girl said

“I bet you didn’t knock hard enough, you idiot” The man said

“I did, nobody is home” The girl said and before she knew it, the man slapped her across the face

“Don’t back talk me” The man said as the girl put her hand up to her face

“They have to come home sometime…I better get what is owed to me…we will come back next week” The man said then he put his hat on and drove out of the caravan park…

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 162

Bellingham Residence- The City

As Steve walked towards the house, his heart started beating faster. Morag killed Frank and Bobby's baby and she was going to pay. Steve wasn’t breathing fast, he was very calm because he knew that if he didnt do this, Frank would never forgive him.

“STEVEN” Steve thought he heard his voice but nobody knew him here so maybe it was a mistake so he continued walking and got to the front door and aimed his finger at the bell

“STEVEN” Steve heard his name again and turned around to see a very familiar face in a car. It was his old Sensei, Sensei Yoshida who was also his dads’ friend. Steve walked over to the car with the brick still in his hand as Sensei Yoshida parked his car and got out to greet him.

“Steven, long time no see, how are you doing buddy?” Sensei Yoshida said as he hugged Steve

“Good” Steve said

“Let me look at you, you are growing into a fine young man. I hope you are still keeping up with your karate” Sensei Yoshida said as he noticed Steve looking preoccupied, he was looking down at his hand

“Steven why is that brick in your hand Son?” Sensei Yoshida said with a concerned look on his face. Steve didn’t respond.

“Steven, what is going on?” Sensei Yoshida said, Steve didn’t respond

“Lets go Son, come on” Sensei Yoshida said as he gently forced Steve to walk to the passenger side of the car and he opened the door. Just before Steve got into the car he looked at the house and he saw a slight movement in the curtain of the upstairs window

“Get in the car Son, lets go ok” Sensei Yoshida said then Steve got into the car and Sensei Yoshida rushed around to the drivers side as fast as he could then he drove off.

Morags heart was beating fast as she closed the curtain. She thought she heard some noises out side as she packed some things but when she went to investigate it was that boy from Summer Bay….the one who said she was going to pay. Morag started laughing

“Pay for what? Doing that poor baby a favour? You all should be thanking me” Morag said then began laughing louder as she continued to pack her things

Stewart Residence- The City

“Nice to see you” Barbra said as she hugged Ailsa and they walked into the living room

“Nice to see you too, are you home alone?” Ailsa said

“I am afraid so, Rebecca is in Canberra, she has a recital and Matt is working” Barbra said

“How are you coping?” Ailsa said as they both sat down on the couch

“Some days good, some days not so good” Barbra said

“How is Matt supporting you?’ Ailsa said

“He has been great but seeing him grieve for the baby is truly heartbreaking. I don’t think I could ever forgive myself if he didn’t know about the baby” Barbra said

“I agree, they need to grieve too” Ailsa said

“The Doctors said we can try again but I think Matt is still grieving” Barbra said

“Give him some time, he will come around when he is ready” Ailsa said

“I know but I am scared that there isn’t more time, I honestly didn’t think I would have any more children and getting pregnant at my age wasn’t the wisest thing to do but I really fell in love with the baby and I really want another one” Barbra said

“I know, I didn’t think I was going to have Duncan. It will happen for you when the time is right…if not, you can always adopt” Ailsa said

“I know but I am not sure if Matt would want that” Barbra said

“Have you asked him?” Ailsa said

“No, he has been distant, I want to give him some space…anyway enough about me, how is everything with you” Barbra said

“Oh, everything is fine. We are going to see Roo and Frank in New York for Christmas so I wanted to get some Christmas shopping out of the way” Ailsa said

“They must be having a wonderful life over there..makes me jealous” Barbra said

“Yeah, they are happy” Ailsa said

“After everything Roo went through…I am glad that she finally found happiness in her life” Barbra said

Morgan Residence- New York

Background music- Have you ever been alone theme

Flashback

Roo “Hi Dad, its me”

Alf “Ruthy love,  Nice to hear from you, how are you?”

Roo “Great Dad, how are you”

Alf “Good, good, everything is fine here. Duncan is getting bigger everyday..how is Frank”

Roo “He is amazing Dad, I am so happy “

Alf  “Ruthy love I am so glad, I knew things would work out for you in the end..you just need to come and visit more”

Roo “Not sure if I can do that”

Alf “Is something wrong? Has Frank done something?”

Roo “ No Dad, he hasn’t…He got a job in New York”

Alf “So he is going to leave you like he left Bobby? Ill flaming kill him”

Roo “No Dad, stop jumping to conclusions, , he asked me to go with him…and be his wife”

Alf “Oh love…are you sure? After everything that you two have been through”

Roo “Dad, I love him so much, Apart from giving up Martha, I don’t think I have ever been sure of anything else in my life. I said yes and I am going to go with him”

Alf “You sound really happy love”

Roo “Dad I really am. In my heart I knew we would get back together and we are and things are better than they ever were..it feels like a dream”

Alf “Congratulations love, I am happy for you

Roo “Thanks Dad, I hope you cane come and give me away

Alf” I wouldn’t miss it for the world”

Flashback ends

Roo flushed the toilet and closed the door. She slowly walked back towards the bed,  lay down and pulled the covers over her.   She looked over at Frank, he was asleep.  She didn’t want to wake him up because he had trouble sleeping for some reason but refused to take the pills the doctor gave him. The light from the moon shon through the gap in the curtain and highlighted the Tiffany bracelet on the table next to the bed. The bracelet that Donavan gave her. Roo smiled then the smile disappeared as she thought about one of the girls from the office saying Nancy was sure that Donavan would propose to her . Roo sighed. She didn’t know why she was jealous…she chose Frank but the connection she felt with Donavan was nothing like she had ever felt before, not even with Frank. She always imagined that she would be with someone like Donavan..someone with money and power who would give her everything she wanted. She did love Frank..she loved him in Summer Bay and in the City but now they were in New York…things were different…..she can admit it to herself but she owed it to him to try…he had nobody else…things were going to get better, maybe in two years they will have a family.. Roo thought to herself and closed her eyes and remembered when Frank proposed…

Background music ends

Happy’s Diner-  The City

“Are you sure you don’t want to talk about it?” Sensei Yoshida said as Steve stared at the milkshake

“I cant” Steve said

“You have always been able to talk to me” Sensei Yoshida said

“I know, but this time, I really cant” Steve said

“Ok, I am not going to force you but whatever it is, just know that everything will be alright” Sensei Yoshida said as Steve shook his head

“No it wont..I did something bad and someone I love will never forgive me” Steve said

“How do you know? Have you asked for forgiveness?” Sensei Yoshida

“I cant do that either” Steve said as Sensei Yoshida laughed’

“So how do you know the person will not forgive you if you don’t ask?” Sensei Yoshida said

“I don’t want to talk about it anymore” Steve said

“Ok, I didn’t mean to laugh but I promise, things are going to be ok” Sensei Yoshida said

“They wont” Steve said

“If the person you love, really loves you, they will forgive you” Sensei Yoshida

“Its more complicated than that” Steve said then he sighed

“Steve?” When Steve turned around, he saw a very familiar face then he sighed

“Is something wrong?” Sensei Yoshida said

“Yeah, this day just got worse” Steve said

“Hi, how are you?” Sandra said as she walked over to the table

“Sandra, Hi” Steve said as he looked at Sandra. She looked more beautiful than the last time he saw her. Her hair had grown longer and the gloss on her lips made her face glow

“I came to the city with some friends from school” Sandra said as she smiled.

“Oh right…this is Sensei Yoshida” Steve said as he pointed at Sensei Yoshida

“Hi” Sandra said

“This is Sandra” Steve said

“Nice to meet you” Sensei Yoshida said as he smiled then looked at Steve

“Oh, Hey Steve” Steve looked up to see Craig standing next to Sandra

“Hi” Steve said as his stomach dropped

“We are going to watch a movie, do you want to come?” Sandra said

“No, I am heading back home soon” Steve said

“Oh, alright. How is Rebecca?” Sandra said

“Fine” Steve said then there was an awkward silence. After the last time they saw each other, Steve had distanced himself from Sandra, he chose Rebecca, she is who he wanted to be with so he didn’t understand why he was jealous that Sandra was here with Craig. Craig had mentioned a few times that he had spoken to Sandra but Steve never took him serious and he didn’t care because he knew he had Rebecca and she was amazing. However, he didn’t know that Craig and Sandra were seeing each other.

“excuse me, I better use the bathroom,” Craig said then he excused himself

“I didn’t know Craig had changed schools” Steve said as Sandra smiled

“No, he hasn’t, he came to meet us” Sandra said

“Come on Sandy” Sandra turned around and waved at her friend

“I am moving in with the Stewarts in January when they get back from holiday” Sandra said

“Yeah, Mrs Stewart said” Steve said

“Its going to be great being back in Summer Bay” Sandra said with a smile as Steve didn’t respond.

“Well I better get going” Sandra said feeling a bit upset that Steve was being distant. She accepted that he was with Rebecca and even though it hurt, she thought that they could still be friends.

“Yeah, bye” Steve said and he stared at the milkshake as Sensei Yoshida looked at him then at Sandra

“Bye Sandra” Sensei Yoshida said

“Bye” Sandra said and smiled. Sensei Yoshida watched her walk to the door and wait then a few moments later, the young man joined her and they walked away with two other people

“Should I ask?” Sensei Yoshida

“No” Steve said as Sensei Yoshida smiled and shook his head

Background music Frank and Bobbys theme

Flashback

Bobby- “Tom what are you doing here?”

Tom- “I was on my way home and saw the light on..you’re working late”

Bobby – “Yeah, I finished up a wholesale order…just clearing up a bit before I go home .youre working late”

Tom –“ Yeah we are a bit short staffed with Frank gone….Sorry”

Bobby –“Don’t be, can I get you something?”

Tom –“No no, I am fine..we haven’t seen you lately”

Bobby –“Been busy here..alot of work has to go into making a new business work”

Tom –“Right, how about you come over for dinner on Saturday, we all miss you”

Bobby –“”Im not sure, ill let you know”

Tom- “You must be really busy, Pippa said she invited you a few weeks ago but you also told her that you were busy”

Bobby “ Ailsa and I are going to have to work really hard for a year or two”

Tom- “Sit down, I want to talk to you”

Bobby “I really want to get done here and go home”

Tom “What I want to say won’t take long”

Tom –“You are still our daughter and we love you very much and we are sorry about what happened”

Bobby “It wasn’t your fault…we probably should’ve listened to you..better yet, I should’ve listened to myself....I was a fool to believe that a guy like Frank would ever choose me over Roo.”

Tom “ I don’t think its as simple as that”

Bobby “ He never let go of her Tom, I always felt it. When I saw them together, they looked perfect..like they were meant to be and I was the ugly step sister who just got lucky”

Tom  “Don’t say that”

Bobby “It’s the truth  and everyone knows it…I was there to pick up the pieces after Roo and he went back to her when he didn’t need me anymore”

End of flashback

Bobby looked at the ceiling and sighed then looked towards the door when she heard it open

“G”day”  Lance said as he walked in the room and sat down on the chair next to the bed

“How are you feeling?” Lance said

“Good, how is the diner?” Bobby said as she closed the magazine and put it on the tray in front of her

“I brought you these” Lance said as he pulled out some banana’s from his bag and put them on the bed. Bobby smiled

“Thanks” Bobby said as she looked at the bananas

“When are you breaking out of here?” Lance said

“Monday” Bobby said

“Oh good” Lance said as Bobby looked at him

“We known each other for a long time” Lance said

“I know” Bobby said

“Sorry about losing the baby eh” Lance said, Bobby didn’t respond.

“A lot of bad things have happened to you” Lance said, Bobby didn’t respond

“I just want you to know that you are a mate and if you ever need anyfin, I will always be your mate” Lance said as Bobby smiled

“Thanks” Bobby said

“So you going to marry this Geoff bloke?” Lance said as he took one of the bananas and began to peel it

“No” Bobby said as Lance bit into the banana

“Oh right….I understand, even though me and Mazza are not together, I don’t think the way I feel about her will ever die. I still love her” Lance said

“I don’t love Geoff” Bobby said

“Not Geoff ey” Lance said as Bobby looked at him

“Anyway, I best get going. I just wanted to say hello” Lance said as he got up then turned around and looked back at Bobby and waved then left Bobby in the room, alone.

Morgan residence- New York

Flashback

Roo “That was a good movie

Frank ‘Yeah it was…hey, Narelle has invited us out to a club tomorrow night. The guy she is dating has VIP ticketS”

Roo “I cant, I have to go back to Summer Bay tomorrow, its Duncans christening on Sunday”

Frank “Oh yeah, I forgot about that”

Roo “Are you sure you cant come?”

Frank “I want to but I told you, I don’t think it is a good idea”

Roo “We love each other, who cares what the sticky beaks in Summer Bay think”

Frank “Its not that..I just don’t want to run into Bobby..I need to make a clean break from her…..you know..I don’t want to cause any arguments”

Roo “I don’t understand how there will be arguments, I thought you talked everything out”

Frank “We did…I do want to go…try to understand”

Roo “What’s there to understand, you don’t want to be with her, you want to be with me…she has to get over it”

Frank “Just forget I said anything”

Roo “Ok, look, I am sorry..I should be more understanding. I know how I felt when I used to see the two of you together…I suppose I have to go and see her before the christening, make sure things are still ok between us”

Frank “Why wouldn’t they be?, she told you to come after me”

Roo “Yeah I know but I don’t want things to be uncomfortable, its Duncans day, I don’t want anything ruining it

Frank “Thanks”

Roo “For what?”

Frank “For caring about how she feels”

Roo “I thought my caring nature is why you fell in love with me”

Frank “That and when you kiss me…you staying the night?”

Roo “I packed my toothbrush”

Flashback ends

Frank opened his eyes…as usual he couldn’t sleep. He looked at the sleeping pills sitting on the table next to his bed then sighed. He then looked to his left at Roo who was fast asleep then looked at the ceiling. He had everything in life right now…A great job, money, a beautiful wife and maybe soon a family but he just wasn’t happy. Everything he had right now is everything he wanted but he couldn’t understand why he was unhappy. Maybe Roo was right, he didn’t try to fit in..maybe if he tried, things would be better…yeah..he was going to try. Frank turned to his side and put his arm around Roo and closed his eyes…hoping this would help him fall asleep.

Background music ends

Summer Bay

Thanks for the lift home, you didn’t have to come all the way out here” Steve said

“No problem at all, I get to spend some time with one of my favourite students” Sensei Yoshida said

“That young lady at the diner, she was pretty cute” Sensei Yoshida said as Steve sighed. Sensei Yoshida looked over at him and laughed

“Ok, I am sorry, that’s enough of my prying for the day. With that other situation, I just want to say that whatever you decided, I know your parents will be very proud of you” Sensei Yoshida said as Steve shook his head no

“No they wont” Steve said as Sensei Yoshida said pulled up to the Caravan Park

“Yes they will. Ask for forgiveness, don’t let this situation get you down” Sensei Yoshida as Steve got out of the car

“Thanks for the lift” Steve said as he got out of the car

“Hey, any time you want to talk…or not want to talk, give me a call” Sensei Yoshida said

“Thanks for everything” Steve said and he smile then shut the door as Sensei Yoshida said drove off and Steve slowly made the walk home.

Chapter 163

The Bistro-The City

“Matt we need some more change” Narelle said as she counted some money in her hand. Mat didn’t respond, he was staring at the table. The baby was gone, he didn’t have anything to stick around for yet he still felt stuck. Matt thought about how is Mother shed tears when he told her the baby was gone. They wanted to have a funeral but Matt didn’t want to bother Barbra, she was grieving.

“Matt?” Narelle said and gently tapped Matt on the shoulder

“Hmm?” Matt said and he looked at Narelle

“I said we need more change” Narelle said. She felt bad for Matt, she couldn’t imagine how he was feeling having lost a child

“Right, ill get you some” Matt said as he began to walk to his office

“Matt, are you alright?” Narelle said

“Yeah, fine, why?” Matt said

“Just asking, how is Barbra doing?” Narelle said

“Fine” Matt said then he smiled

“If you ever want to talk, I am a good listener” Narelle said looking concerned at Matt

“Thanks” Mat said and walked away

Stewart Residence-Summer Bay

Michael turned the engine off, looked at the house and sighed. He felt guilty because he knew that Celia really liked him but he just spent most of the afternoon making love to Morag. Morag was everything he liked in a woman…she also reminded him of Pippa. A woman who took care of herself and was a go getter.  Had he not heard about the type of person Morag was, he would still be lying in her bed. Morag reminded him of his ex-wife but things ended badly so maybe hearing about Morag was a blessing in disguise.  He wasn’t sure about things, but right now, he needed some company.

“Hmmm” Celia said as she tasted the sauce for the pasta.  She was going to take some to Michael tomorrow for lunch. She didn’t see him today and was hoping she did so she can invite him to dinner.

“knock at the door”

Celia put the spoon down and, wiped her hands on her apron and walked towards the door, she wasn’t expecting anybody.  Celia walked to the door and stood behind it

“Who is it?” Celia said

“Its Michael” Michael responded as Celia smiled and hurriedly opened the door

“Oh hello Michael, I wasn’t expecting to see you” Celia said with a smile inside she was happy to see Michael”

“Adam said you came by” Michael said

“Yes, I wanted to say hello and invite you for dinner” Celia said

“Sorry I missed the invitation. I went to the city to get some parts for a customer” Michael said

“I hope you got everything you needed” Celia said

“Yes I did…something smells good” Michael said

“Yes, I was just making some sauce if you would like to come in” Celia

“No place I would rather be” Michael said with a smile and followed Celia into the house

Mitchell/Woods residence

Old pirates, yes, they rob I
Sold I to the merchant ships
Minutes after they took I
From the bottomless pit
But my hand was made strong
By the hand of the Almighty
We forward in this generation
Triumphantly
Won't you help to sing
These songs of freedom?
'Cause all I ever have
Redemption songs

“Does he always play weird sad songs like that?” Martin said as he laughed. He was sitting on the couch next to Megan as she marked some assignments while he looked at Grant on the veranda.

“What’s weird about it? It helps him to relax” Megan said not looking up from her paper

“Yeah but it must get on your nerves ey,  him acting like the brooding musician, how about we get a place together” Martin said

“I told you no” Megan said

“Why not?” Martin said

“Moving in with you means we are getting serious and I told you, I am not ready for that” Megan said

“So where do I stand then because everything I do, I keep getting knocked back” Martin said

“I told you you, I like spending time you but I just don’t want to get serious” Megan said

“Is there someone else?” Martin said

“Of course not but that doesn’t mean I want to be serious” Megan said

“Do you think we have a chance?” Martin said

“Look, let’s not talk about the future, its too far away. Lets just enjoy now” Megan said then looked up at Martin

“Ok” Martin said and he leaned forward kissed then hugged Megan as she looked  at Grant on the veranda as he continued to play the guitar.

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

Has Steve said anything to you?” Pippa said as she handed Reverend Jones a cup of tea

“No, he was very quiet at dinner, thank you” Reverend Jones said as he took the cup from Pippa who sat down next to him

“You have been very quiet too” Reverend Jones said

“You know me too well” Pippa said and sighed

“A few days ago, Donald came over to apologize for the way he behaved at the hospital and somehow we went from me giving him a comforting hug to him thinking it was acceptable to kiss me” Pippa said

“Oh dear” Reverend Jones

“I didn’t do anything to give him the impression that I wanted that” Pippa said

“Philippa, I wasn’t blaming you for anything” Reverend Jones

“I know you weren’t Alex but now things are awkward. We have a daughter and I don’t want to put Bobby in an uncomfortable position” Pippa said then sighed

“I think you are reading too much into things, it sounds to me that Donald just needed to be comforted and read the signs wrong. I guarantee he is feeling more embarrassed than anything else…give him some time, he will come around and being a man, I think you should let him do that in his own time” Reverend Jones said

“Oh Alex..you always make everything better…I am so glad that you are here” Pippa said as she put her head on Reverend Jones’ shoulder

“Cant wait for Bobby to come home, there is nothing to do around here on the weekends” Carly said as she walked into the living room

“What happened to your young man?” Reverend Jones said as he looked at Carly

“He has some military obligations this weekend” Carly said then sighed

“Carly you read me a story if you are not going out” Sally said

“Sal, cant Mr Sparkles read you a story” Carly said as Reverend Jones smiled

“He is a bear, he cant read . I dont want him anymore,  he is Roo and Frank’s baby’s bear” Sally said

“What are you talking about?” Pippa said

“Bobby said I should give Mr Sparkles to Frank and Roo because they are having a baby” Sally said

“Sweetheart, Are you sure Bobby said that?  Frank and Roo are not having a baby any time soon..” Pippa said as Reverend Jones looked confused.

Chapter 164

Background Music-Frank and Bobby’s theme

Flashback

Bobby “Thanks a lot Frank you really made me look like an idiot”

Frank “What are you talking about?”

Bobby “Taking Roo’s side earlier”

Frank “But you were wrong”

Bobby “I know im wrong Frank because nothing I ever do is right for you these days”

Frank “Look I am tired”

Bobby “So am I Frank, tired of feeling like I mean nothing to you”

Frank “Now you are just being stupid”

Bobby “Stupid? I just expected a little support from you but when it comes down to me or her, I should’ve known”

Frank “Known what?”

Bobby “Known that you are still in love with her”

Frank “I don’t want to deal with your jealousy right now”

Bobby “Tell me I am wrong”

Frank “Why are you standing in my way?”

Bobby “You dont even have the guts to tell me that I am wrong , do you?”

Frank “Im going to bed”

Flashback ends

Bobby sighed as she looked at the ceiling, she had been alone for the last few hours and was thinking of all the times that her and Frank argued…even through the arguing, she loved him so much….just like she does now. Bobby heard the door open and looked to her left

“Hi, I hope you wasn’t sleeping” Carly said

“No” Bobby said as Carly sat down on the chair

“How are you?” Carly said

“OK” Bobby said

“I came to see you when you was…you know” Carly said

“Thanks” Bobby said

“So when can you go home?” Carly said

“The Doc just did some tests, hopefully Monday or Tuesday if the results are ok” Bobby said

“Im sorry about you losing Tom” Carly said

“Thanks” Bobby  said

“So whats been going on?” Bobby said

“Not much” Carly said then there was an uncomfortable silence

“How is Ben?” Bobby said

“Ok” Carly said

“Is there something wrong?” Bobby said

“No” Carly said

“Carly, out with it” Bobby said

“Its just…I was really scared when I saw you on the floor..I was scared that you were going to die and I was going to lose…” Carly said

“But I didn’t die” Bobby said

“I know but I was scared you would because there was so much that I wanted to tell you and share with you” Carly said

“Like what?” Bobby said

“Like regardless of whatever arguments we have had, you will always be my sister” Carly said as Bobby smiled

“Me too” Bobby said as Carly grabbed her hand and they began to reminisce and laugh about when they first met

Background music ends

Chambers Residence- Yabbie Creek

“Thank you for a wonderful evening” Marilyn said as she pulled away from kissing Ben.

“You are welcome” Ben said

“Ben, I was wondering, do you want to spend some of the Christmas with me and my family?” Marilyn said

“I am not sure because we have lots of family coming to visit” Ben said

“Oh ok, when am I going to see you again?” Marilyn said

“Maybe next week, I am not too sure because I have some military obligations” Ben said

“I wanted to give you your Christmas present” Marilyn said and began to kiss Ben

“I have to get going” Ben said as he pulled away from Marilyn

Ok…Ben…I love you” Marilyn said as she looked at Ben

“Yeah, I love you too” Ben said and smiled as Marilyn got out of the car, closed the door and walked to her house as Ben drove off. As Ben drove off, he smiled to himself. As he drove, he saw a phone box and parked his car , got out and went inside. Ben picked up the phone and began to dial

“Oh Hello Mrs Fletcher..sorry to wake you up…how are you…I am fine…can I speak to Carly please..she isn’t home? Oh right….can you please tell her I called…thanks” Ben said then he put the phone down then got inside his car and banged his hand really hard on the steering wheel then drove off really fast.

Fisher Residence- Summer Bay

“Knock at the door”

Donald put the last pillow on the bed in the spare room and walked towards the door. He wanted the room to be ready for his Niece, Lucinda, who would be arriving on Monday. He was very fond of Lucinda. She was a very smart girl and had just completed her degree in Management and wanted to visit Summer Bay. As a youth, she would often come and visit during the holidays so it was a nice surprise when Donald got the call from his sister that Lucinda wanted to come and visit.

“Who is it” Donald said when he got to the door

“Reverend Jones” Donald heard. He was surprised because the last time he saw Reverend Jones, he was very rude to him. Donald opened the door

“Good Evening Donald, I hope this is not too late to call by” Reverend Jones

“No, not at all, please come in” Donald said as he made a way for Reverend Jones to cme in then he led the way to the living room

“Please sit down, can I get you something?” Donald said

Emotional background music

“No, not for me, thank you” Reverend Jones said then he sat down as Donald sat opposite him

“I hope you don’t mind me calling around but I wanted an opportunity to clear the air” Reverend Jones

“I feel rather embarrassed now, I should’ve been the one to come to you after the way I behaved at the hospital” Donald said

“No harm done, it was a stressful situation, I understand. Reverend Jones said with a smile

“I truly am sorry” Donald said

“Apology accepted” Reverend Jones said

“That wasn’t the reason why I came. I want you to know that Roberta has become like a daughter to me but I understand, she is not my daughter and I am not trying to replace you or take her away from you” Reverend Jones

“Reverend Jones I know she confides in you and I thank you for being there for her but at times I feel like she doesn’t want me to be her father” Donald said

“I don’t think it is that. I am a Reverend, its easy for folk to talk with me because I am not emotionally tied to their circumstances and they know that I do not judge.” Reverend Jones

“Maybe that is what I do too much of, judging Bobby but Reverend Jones, she constantly makes terrible decisions. First with Frank and choosing not to continue her education to be with him, then getting pregnant by Danny and when she finally has a decent man  in Geoff who really loves and wants to be with her, she turns him down. How  many men are willing to take on the responsibilities of another mans child?” Donald said as Reverend Jones looked at him

“I think Geoff is a fine man and very suitable for Bobby” Donald said

“But Roberta doesn’t want to be with him” Reverend Jones said

“Bobby doesn’t know what she wants and its up to me to make her realize that she is throwing her life away” Donald said as he stood up and walked around

“But it is her life…Roberta and I have talked, she told me about reuniting with you last year and from speaking with you, my impression is you are attempting to make up for the lost time and I could be wrong,  but Roberta is still a young woman making her way in life. She has to make the mistakes in order to know what is right for her” Reverend Jones

“I suppose you are right but she is always making the wrong decisions. My Niece who is coming to stay with us, she went onto University and has her degree which will open many doors for her” Donald said

“And Roberta just beat Alf Stewart for an award he has won for the last eight years” Reverend Jones said as Donald looked at him

For the next hour, Donald opened up to Reverend Jones in a way he has never done to anybody. They talked about different things, like his divorce from Barbra, his affair with Morag and finding out he had another daughter but he didn’t mention anything about what happened with Pippa.

“You must think I am a terrible father” Donald said as he sat down

“No, you are a Father who wants the best for his daughter but that can sometimes over shadow being there for them when they really need you” Reverend Jones

“What do I do?” Donald said

“Just love her, let her make her mistakes. I know its going to be hard because she will do things you will disapprove of but its her life and she needs to live it. Now I am not saying you shouldn’t express an opinion, just know that it is your opinion and be ok if she chooses not to follow your guidance” Reverend Jones

“Thank you…thank you Reverend Jones. I wish I had this advise when my Son Alan was alive. By the time I learned to let go and let him make his own life, it was too late” Donald said

“But I am sure he was aware that you did…I have kept you away from what you were doing for too long” Reverend Jones said then stood up

“Thanks you for coming…..I cant believe I am going to say this, but I really needed to talk to someone and again, I am really sorry for my behavior” Donald said

“Dont mention it, its all water under the bridge and you can talk to me anytime” Reverend Jones said as he walked to the door

“Reverend Jones, one more thing…my Grandson…Thomas..thank you for giving him the blessing” Donald said

“You are welcome” Reverend Jones

“What did he look like? Bobby doesn’t want to show anyone his photo…I guess the nurses take a photo for the records or something” Donald said

“Beautiful” Reverend Jones said and smiled

“Thank you” Donald said and he held out his hand and Reverend Jones shook it and smiled

“Good night” Reverend Jones said and walked out of the house

“Goodnight” Donald said and closed the door and exhaled.

Two days later…..

“Uncle Donald” Lucinda said as she hugged Donald. He had come to meet her at the Yabbie Creek station

“Lucinda, you look marvelous” Donald said as he smiled. He had not seen Lucinda for five years, the last time was at a family gathering. She had really grown up and looked  really mature

“Oh Uncle Donald it is so good to see you” Lucinda said as they walked to the car. She always had fond memories of her Uncle and Aunt and Cousins Alan and Rebecca.

“I was really exited when your Mother said you would be coming to visit, its been a long time” Donald said as he put Lucinda’s suitcase in the car as she went to sit down.

“Yes, when I finished my studies, I knew I wanted to come back to Summer Bay and have a holiday before I join the work force. “ Lucinda said as she looked around. She remembered when her Aunt Martha would take her and Cousin Ruth to the market in Yabbie Creek. They had such a wonderful time. She really liked Ruth, even though she was two years older, they were the best of friends until life changed and they were not in contact much.

“How is Cousin Ruth? I cant wait to see her” Lucinda said

“Ruth is living in New York now, with her husband” Donald said

“Really? She always said she wanted to leave Summer bay and marry a rich man who would take her way. I am happy it happened for her” Lucinda said

“Ummm Lucinda…there are a few things we need to discuss before we get to the house” Donald said

"I know about Bobby...Mother told me. I cant wait to meet her" Lucinda said

"No, its not that" Donald said as he drove them to his home.

Chapter 165

Matt stared at the cup in front of him, he could hear Barbra talking but he wasn’t listening to what she was saying.

“Matt what do you think?” Barbra said when she noticed that Matt had not responded

“Matt?” Barbra said

“What” Matt said

“I was talking about Christmas. I think we should have your parents over for dinner, what do you think?” Barbra said excited

“I don’t know, we usually go to Summer Bay, visit my Brothers grave and have dinner with my Grandparents in Yabbie Creek” Matt said

“Oh, ok, maybe we can do something on Christmas Eve?” Barbra said

“I don’t know” Matt said

“Ask your parents so we can get a definite answer so I can start making plans” Barbra said as she wrote things on her note pad

“Ok” Matt said, still staring at the cup

“Maybe I should ask your Mum, I feel like I need to get to know her better, she was very kind to send the flowers” Barbra said

“Look, I said I will ask her ok” Matt said

“Ok, I am sorry…is there something wrong, you don’t seem like yourself” Barbra said ask she attempted to touch Matts arm. He shrugged her off

“I am going to work” Matt Said and got up from the table and left the house. Barbra watched him go then sighed. When she heard Matts car drive off, she walked over to the phone, looked in the book next to it for a number then began to dial

“Hello Dawn?...its Barbra…yes…fine…how are you?...Matt has gone to work…no everything is fine..I just wanted to talk to you about Christmas plans” Barbra said as she smiled to herself.

High School-  Summer Bay

“Bell rings”

“I need your permission slips signed by your folks for the trip and I want all your assignments on the desk as you leave..thank you” Grant said as the students placed their assignments on the desk and walked out of the room

“Steve, a word please” Grant said as Steve put the assignment on the desk then stood aside as the other students put their assignments on the desk. When everyone was gone, Grant closed the door then motioned for Steve to have a seat. Grant sat opposite Steve and looked at him

“I wanted to speak to you because you seen really quietly lately and your last assignment wasn’t as good as your previous work” Grant said

“Sorry Sir, I have some things going on” Steve said

“Anything you want to talk about?” Grant said concerned

“No, its private” Steve said

“Ok but whatever it is, I don’t want your school work to suffer. Next year is your final year and then it’s the HSC and I think you have a chance of doing really well” Grant  said as Steve smiled

“Oh by the way, Mr Fisher said Bobby is coming home today” Grant said with a smile

“Yeah” Steve said

“I might go around there and see her later” Grant said

“Sir, I am going to be late for the next class” Steve said

“Of course, sorry” Grant said as he stood up

“If there is anything you want to talk about, my door is always open” Grant said as Steve smiled and walked out of the classroom

General Hospital- Summer Bay

Flashback

Bobby “What do you want”

Frank “I wanted to say goodbye”

Bobby “Why? I thought we already said everything we had to say”

Frank “Yeah but there are a couple of things I want you to understand”

Bobby “What?”

Frank “First of all, none of this is Roos fault, so don’t give her a hard time”

Bobby “Nothing is ever her fault is it? Defending her right till the end….what a surprise”

Frank “It’s the truth, It was my fault, I kissed her…I started this”

Bobby “You kissed her? Funny how that little detail slips out right now…”

Frank “She wanted nothing to do with me, she even quit her job because she wanted to be away from me…”

Bobby “Yeah I am sure she did”

Frank “Look hate me as much as you want, but leave her out of it”

Bobby “Why should I Frank? I trusted her to be your friend…I knew she still wanted you, I always felt it …but I told her to be your friend because I thought you loved me…..you told me that she couldn’t do anything to take you away from me…but she did….how can I forgive her for that Frank?”

Frank “I still have some really good memories of us…I hope you do too”

Bobby “Good luck in the City, I hope everything works out for you”

Frank “Thanks…if you ever need anything, Pippa has my number…”

Bobby “No thanks…I don’t need anything from you …”

Frank “Bobby….I still care about you”

Bobby “Yeah...well Don’t…I can take care of myself…its something ive learned to do because everyone  I love, always lets me down..bye Frank”

Flashback ends

“Bobby looked out of the window and sighed…she remembered that day when Frank left like it happened yesterday. It still hurt because he told her to put her happiness in his hands, and she did that..she trusted him…but he gave up on her...he lied

“Hello Bobby” Bobby turned around to see the Doctor walking into the room

“Nice to see you up and about” The Doctor said

“The Nurse said I was being discharged today, is that right?” Bobby said as she walked back to the bed

“Yes, I just wanted to come and have a word with you” The Doctor said

“Are my test results alright?” Bobby said as she sat down on the bed

“Yes, everything seems normal. We still cant figure out the reason for the tumour but I am going to put you on a course of medication just to prevent any complications. “ The Doctor said

“Ok” Bobby said

“You met with Debbie, she said you will be making an appointment to see her” The Doctor said

“Yes” Bobby said

“Well it looks like you are all ready to go” The Doctor said

“Thanks” Bobby said

“Is someone coming to pick you up?” The Doctor said

“Yes, my Dad” Bobby saod

“Good..oh one more thing…there is no concrete evidence linking the two but being highly stressed might’ve been a trigger factor for what happened to you” The Doctor said

“My marriage ended last year, that was a very stressful time” Bobby said

“Sorry to hear that…please take care of yourself” The Doctor said

“I will” Bobby said and she smiled …unsure

Ross Boatshed- Summer Bay

“Adam, you can take your lunch now” Michael said then he waited for Adam to walk away

“Look, I allowed you to have physical custody but now you want to take my son out of the country, that wanst part of the deal and it is not happening. Another man is not going to raise my Son, over my dead body….what do you mean I am living recklessly….so what if I live in a caravan…I am saving to buy a house…you don’t even know anything about Summer Bay…Cynthia, we are going around in circles….you are not taking my son away from me…oh, what am I going to do about it? I am going to fight you, that’s what I am going to do about it…what do you mean the courts will never give him to me….look this conversation is over…you will be hearing from my solicitor” Michael said and sighed then he put the phone down. He loved his son Haydn more than anything in this world and wasn’t going to allow his ex to take him away. Michael walked out of the shed and onto the beach. There is no way the court would allow him to have custody of Haydn because he was living in the caravan. He had to find a way to convince the court that he was a responsible parent and can take care of his Son. He had to show the court that he was a responsible family man. Michael sighed…then from the distance, he saw a familiar face riding a bicycle then an idea came to him and he smiled…he knew just how to convince the court. Michael said then he smiled.

Fisher Residence-Summer Bay

“You dot have to help me, I can walk” Bobby said as they walked into the house and Donald shut the door

“Lucinda we are home” Donald said then Lucinda rushed from the kitchen into the living room.

“Now let me make the introductions, Lucinda, this is Bobby, my daughter and Bobby this is Lucinda, your cousin” Donald said with a proud smile

“Hi Bobby, nice to meet you” Lucinda said then she smiled and gave Bobby a light hug. Bobby smiled and looked at Lucinda. She was tall and had short dark hair. She was dressed in a skirt and cardigan..something Celia would wear

“I made some sandwiches for lunch” Lucinda said

“Thank you Lucinda, I have a few minutes before I have to head back to school” Donald said

“Not for me” Bobby said

Background music- Frank and Bobbys theme

“Oh, I am sorry, I should have asked what you wanted to eat” Lucinda said as she looked at Bobby. It was a shock to her when her mother told her that  Uncle Donald had a secret daughter and it was even shocking when Uncle Donald told her about Bobby and Ruth marrying the same man

“Its ok..Im just not hungry..im a bit tired, I am going to lie down” Bobby said and smiled

“Ill put your bag in your room”  Donald said as he followed Bobby as they entered her room. Bobby looked arounf the room, everything was gone. The clothes and cot, everything for Thomas was gone

“Where is everything?” Bobby said

“I know that you would want to get on with life so I didn’t want you to be reminded when you came home” Donald said as he put the bag on the bed and walked out of the room.

Bobby closed the door and locked it then walked over to the bed and sat down. She looked around the room, she was alone. She picked up Alan’s bear and stroked its face and smiled. Bobby held onto the bear tight and slowly lay on the bed looking at the place where the cot had been. She didn’t cry..she couldn’t cry…she had to get on with life…

Background music ends

Chapter 166

Beach- Summer Bay

Flashback

Roo “I’m going to tell him that you fancy him”

Lucinda “ Don’t you dare Ruth”

Roo “Why not? It’s the truth”

Lucinda “Yeah but I don’t want him to know that”

Roo “But you’ve liked him for ages though, don’t you think he should know?”

Lucinda “He probably wont like me”

Roo “Why don’t you ask your parents if you can come to school here then you can see him everyday”

Lucinda “They wont let me”

Roo “Maybe I should ask them..I can tell them that you have to live here because you are going to marry Shane and I am going to marry Matt and we are going to be Sisters

Lucinda “Oh Ruth, you are funny…that’s not going to happen”

Roo “Yes it will! Come on, lets go and get some ice cream”

Flashback ends

Lucinda smiled to herself as she looked into the sea. Summer Bay had changed a lot since she was younger but the one thing that didn’t change, was the beach.  Lucinda smiled as she continued to walk. She noticed a shop ahead, one that was probably new so she decided to walk towards the store. As she got closer, she saw the sign, Stewarts Store, it was probably someone related to Ruth.

“Be with you in a minute” Alf said as he heard the door open. Then he turned aroind to see a young woman standing in front of him

“What can I do for you love” Alf said

“Hello Uncle Alf, its me, Lucinda” Lucinda said with a smile

“Lucinda? Stewth its been a long time” Alf said as he walked around the counter and hugged her. For that split second, his heart sank as he remembered his first wife, Martha. Martha, Lucinda and Ruth were always together when Lucinda came to Summer Bay. Martha loved Lucinda like she was her own daughter and Ruth adored her

“Let me look at you..you look wonderful love..what brings you to the Bay?” Alf said

“I finished my degree in management last month and wanted to come here for a holiday. I really missed coming here” Lucinda said

“Oh its really good to see you love” Alf said with a smile

“Its good to see you Uncle Alf…I am really sorry about Aunt Martha” Lucinda said

“Thanks love, she was very fond of you” Alf said

“Thanks…Uncle Donald said Ruth is living in New York now” Lucinda said

“Yes, she loves it over there, infact Ailsa, my wife, myself and our son are going to New York next week to spend Christmas with her” Alf said then he pulled out a photo from the draw of Frank and Roo on their wedding day.

“Oh Ruth looks wonderful. I wish I could’ve been there” Lucinda said as she looked at Ruth and admired how handsome Frank is

“”Let me give you her number, I am sure she will be happy to here from you” Alf said as he wrote the number down on a piece of paper

“Here you go love” Alf said as he gave her the paper

“Thank you..I will call her later on today…its really good to see you Uncle Alf…I better get going” Lucinda said

“Alright love, come by anytime” Alf said as Lucinda waved and left the store. When she closed the door, Alf opened another draw, in the back of the draw he pulled out an envelope. In the envelope was a photo of Martha, Ruth and Lucinda smiling. Alf sighed as he looked at the photo…all the memories of Martha dying came flooding back….

“Oh, I am sorry” Lucinda said as she felt herself bump into somebody

“No worries” Adam said

“Oh no, I spilled your juice. Please let me buy you another” Lucinda said

“Its ok, it was my fault, I should’ve been looking where I was going” Adam said as he looked at the girl in front of him. She wasn’t his usual type but she had a pretty innocence about her that was attractive

“I am Adam” Adam said

“Lucinda, nice to meet you” Lucinda said with a smile

“Youre not from around here are you” Adam said

“No, just visiting but I have family here…you?” Lucinda said to the man in front of her. He was nice looking, reminded her of Shane

“I kind of landed here by accident a few months ago, I work at the Boatshed fixing boat engines” Adam said as he pointed to the boatshed

“Well maybe I will see you around?” Lucinda said with a smile

“Maybe you will” Adam said with a smile as Lucinda walked away and he smiled to himself as he walked back to the boatshed as Lucinda smiled shyly as she walked home

Fisher Residence-Summer Bay

Background Music- Frank and Bobbys theme

Flashback

Ailsa “Bobby can I have a quick word”

Bobby “Sure”

Ailsa  “Alf, Duncan and I are going out of town next week”

Bobby “Ok, we can handle things here”

Ailsa “Yes I know”

Bobby “Are you going to a funeral or something?”

Ailsa  “No”

Bobby “So why are you acting like someone just died”

Ailsa “Sit down for a second”

Bobby “The lunch time rush is going to start soon”

Ailsa  “Yes I know, this will be quick”

Bobby “Ok, whats going on?”

Ailsa  “We are going out of town because we a re going to a wedding”

Bobby  “Some wedding, if you look miserable”

Ailsa  “We are going to Frank and Roos wedding”

Bobby “Oh…right right, well congratulations...i better get on”

Ailsa “I wasn’t sure whether you knew”

Bobby “Why would I know? I dont see much of the Fletchers anyway”

Ailsa “I know this might be a shock”

Bobby “He sent the divorce papers a few months back so its no surprise”

Ailsa “ You will  find someone when the time is right”

Bobby “I better get on with the lunch orders”

Flashback ends

Bobby looked at the ceiling then she heard the front door close. Lucinda must be back. She heard when Lucinda went out. She wished she had properly closed her door after using the bathroom, she didn’t want the door open to a invitation for Lucinda to think she was interested in having a conversation. Bobby could hear Lucinda tapping the phone, she was making a call. Bobby got up and walked to the door, she didn’t want to hear her

“Hello Ruth? I bet you cant guess who this is” Lucinda said

Bobby froze, closed the door a bit but not enough that she couldn’t hear Lucinda on the phone

“Ill give you a hint, Shane and Matt Wilson” Lucinda said as she smiled

“Lucinda?” Roo said

“Yes” Lucinda said

“I cant believe it, where are you?” Roo said excited

“In Summer Bay, I just got here and Uncle Donald told me you are living in New York…your dream of leabing Summer Bay and moving away came true” Lucinda said

“Oh Lu, its amazing here, dreams do really come true” Roo said

“I saw your Dad, he gave me your number and showed me your wedding photo..I wish I was there” Lucinda said

“Me too, why don’t you come and visit?” Roo said

“I cant afford it, I just finished University, I don’t have a job yet but I promise, once I get a job and save some money, I will definitely be coming to see you” Lucinda said

“Lu, Ive really missed you” Roo said

“Me too..tell me about your husband, he is really nice” Lucinda said

Bobby looked at the back of the door as she listened to Lucinda listening attentively to whatever it was that Roo was telling her

“Sounds like you have the perfect life….everything you said you would have when we were younger” Lucinda said

“So how long are you staying in Summer Bay?” Roo said

“I am not sure yet, maybe a week or so, I want to go back to have Christmas at home…Don’t forget what we said about naming our babies” Lucinda said as Bobbys heart sank and Roo laughed

“Don’t worry, I wont forget…So you are staying with Uncle Donald” Roo said

“Yes” Lucinda said

“So you know about Bobby then” Roo said

“Yes, I met her earlier” Lucinda said

“What do you think of your new cousin?” Roo said

“she just got out of the hospital, some kind of head injury, I don’t know all the details…she didn’t say much, maybe she doesn’t like me” Lucinda said

“That’s just Bobby being Bobby….she doesn’t like anybody..well as long as you remember that I am your favourite cousin” Roo said

“Ruth, you will always be my favourite cousin and best friend…I have to go” Lucinda said

“I love you Lu, please come and visit..ill call you” Roo said

“I will Ruth, take care, love you, bye” Lucinda said then she put the phone down

Bobby sighed as she heard Lucinda put the phone down...her baby was gone so that Frank and Roo can have their baby…maybe that is the way it was supposed to be…yeah..maybe that is how it was supposed to be. Bobby exhaled then opened the door and walked towards the kitchen

Background music ends

Roo put the phone down and smiled to herself. She loved her cousin Lucinda…well they were cousins through marriage hut that didn’t matter they were really close

“Who was that?” Frank said as he watched Roo walk back to the bed

“Sorry about that, that was my cousin Lucinda” Roo said then she got into bed

“Ive never heard you mention a cousin Lucinda” Frank said

“Well, shes not really my cousin, just through marriage. She is the daughter of Uncle Donald’s Sister Aunt Mary” Roo said

“So she is Bobbys first cousin?” Frank said

“Yeah..her and her brother David always used to visit when we were kids. Anytime she came, she would always stay with us and we would camp out in one of the vans, sometimes Mum camped out with us. Just hearing her voice brought back all those memories of my Mum…I really miss her” Roo said and sighed

“Im sure whereever she is, she is proud of you” Frank said as he touched Roos arm

“She will actually be laughing right now” Roo said

“Why is that?” Frank said

“Because Lucinda and I always said that we were going to marry into the same family…I was going to marry Matt Wilson and she was going to marry Matt’s older brother Shane” Roo said as she laughed as she remembered

“Oh really?” Frank said and began to tickle Roo

“Yes” Roo said as she laughed

“Stop stop stop” Roo said

“I think she will be happy that I married you instead…I think she would really like you and like how you make me happy” Roo said as Frank smiled and gestured that he wanted to be intimate

“Wait” Roo said then she opened the draw next to the bed, took out her pill packet. Frank sighed disappointingly as he watched Roo take the pill.

Chapter 167

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

Flashback

Frank “Guess what”

Pippa “What”

Frank “I got a job offer in New York”

Pippa “That is wonderful Frank ,I am so proud of you

Frank “Thanks

Pippa “ Are you going to take it?”

Frank “Yes”

Pippa “I am happy for you love, congratulations, what about Roo?”

Frank “What about her?”

Pippa “What does she think about it? Long distance relationships are hard even when you live in the same country”

Frank “We wont be having a long distance relationship”

Pippa “Oh, I am sorry you were so sure that it was going to work out this time”

Frank “No, you dont understand, Roo is coming with me, I asked her to marry me”

Pippa “That is good news”

Frank “Well say it like you mean it”

Pippa “Im sorry, I am happy for you Frank, you know I always want the best for you, I just don’t want you to rush into things and…”

Frank “End up like me and Bobby?”

Pippa “Yes”

Frank “That’s not going to happen this time”

Pippa “How are you so sure Frank?”

Frank “Things are different this time”

Pippa “How?”

Frank “They just are…so are you going to congratulate me or not”

Pippa “Im sorry, congratulations. What makes you happy, makes me happy”

Frank “Thanks…I hope you and Tom can come to the wedding”

Pippa “We’ll see”

Flashback ends

“Pippa” Pippa jumped when Ailsa touched her arm

“Sorry, I was miles away. I didn’t even hear you come in” Pippa said then she closed the photo album stood up and gave Ailsa a hug

“Taking a trip down memory lane I see” Ailsa said as she pointed at the photo album

“Something like that, can I get you a coffee?” Pippa said as she pointed to the kitchen

“No, love…I was just on my way to see Bobby and wanted to make a stop here. If you want to send anything to Frank, I have some space in my suitcase for you” Ailsa said with a smile as she sat down

“Thanks, that will definitely save me on postage. Please tell Bobby that ill be around to see her later. I have to wait for Steve or Carly to get home. I am not sure if she would be comfortable with me taking Christopher” Pippa said and sighed then sat down

“Is everything OK?” Ailsa said

“Yes, fine, why?” Pippa said

“Oh, nothing, just seems like you have the world on your shoulders” Ailsa said

“Its been a really rough year, I suppose I just want it to come to an end and we all start new in January” Pippa said

“Yes, it has been a difficult one for this family….so what are your Christmas plans?” Ailsa said

“Nowhere near as fun as yours spending it in New York” Pippa said

“Im dreading that long flight with Duncan needing to go to the toilet every 10 minutes and Alf complaining every minute to spend two weeks in the cold” Ailsa said and rolled her eyes as Pippa laughed

“At least you get to spend it with your family” Pippa said and smiled. This was going to be her first Christmas without Tom

“So, is Alex joining you for Christmas?” Ailsa said

“He hasn’t said anything…I am sure he has plans, it’s a very business time for him” Pippa said and laughed

“Oh…I am sure he would rearrange his schedule to be here with you…I mean all of you” Ailsa said as Pippa looked at her

“What are you talking about? Pippa said confused

“Look, day in and day out I see you doing everything to make your family happy but what about you? What about your happiness?” Ailsa said

“I am happy” Pippa said

“Are you? Really?” Ailsa said

“ I guess Donald mustve been thinking the same thing and that is why he kissed me” Pippa said as Ailsa eyes grew wide

“It was nothing, he came to apologize for the way he behaved at the hospital, I guess he was feeling overwhelmed and I tried to comfort him and he kissed me. Alex said he probably feels embarrassed now so I should just let him talk about it when he is ready” Pippa said

“Im just going to come right out and say it….I think  you should make a go of things with Alex..there..I said it” Ailsa said

“What do you mean?” Pippa said

“The man drives six hours to see you nearly every weekend, do you honestly think he would do that if he didn’t feel something for you…and I see a sparkle in your eyes when I see you together” Ailsa said

“Ailsa, I loved Tom for a very long time…I cant even think about another relationship..being with another man...I feel guilty… I have Six children and who is to say I wont foster more..I cant burden that on any man” Pippa said

“I am not saying you have to marry the man tomorrow, I just want you to be happy, I want you to have something for yourself out side of being a Mum” Ailsa said

“I don’t know Ailsa, I don’t know how the children will feel about another man in the house..I don’t know if another man would want to be in this house” Pippa said

“I don’t know…from what I have seen, your children love Alex and he loves them right back” Ailsa said. She could see Pippas eye were filled with tears

“Being with someone else doesn’t mean you will forget Tom. Its closing a wonderful season in your life and starting a new one. Knowing Tom, I would think he would want to see you moving on and happy with someone. You never know..maybe that’s why Alex came into your life now” Ailsa said as Pippa wiped her eye

“Please think about what I said” Ailsa said as Pippa smiled

“Now, after all that, I will have that coffee” Ailsa said as she grabbed Pippas hand and they laughed

Background music ends

Ross Boatshed-Summer Bay

“The part came in for Mr Ackermans 277, I should be able to get that done today and deliver it to him later on” Adam said as he looked at the engine

“Great, tomorrow I am going to go into Yabbie Creek and work and get the parts for the 198, the shop called and said they came in” Michael said

“Hello Michael” Michael turned around to see Celia standing behind him

“Oh, Hi Celia” Michael said with a smile

“Ill just go and work on this” Adam said and picked up the engine and walked away

“I didn’t know if you had lunch so I brought you over a sandwich” Celia said as she gave Michael the sandwich bag

“I havnt had lunch, thank you” Michael said with a smile

“You do so much for me, I want to replay you..how about I take you to dinner tonight” Michael said

“Oh Michael, you don’t have to do that” Celia said composed but inside, her heart was doing summersaults

“I was hoping that you would meet my son Haydn, he was going to come  this past weekend but I am hoping he will be here for some of the holidays” Michael said

“Oh how wonderful, I look forward to meeting him” Celia said then looked at the time

“Oh my goodness, is that the time, I have to go to a town council meeting” Celia said

“Oh right…well, I will pick you up at 7:30, if that is alright” Michael said

“Yes of course…ill see you later” Celia said and before she could go, Michael kissed her which made her head spin but she composed herself and smiled then walked away without falling from being giddy. Michael smiled to himself as he watched Celia walk away, then that smile disappeared. He liked Celia but under normal circumstances, he wouldn’t be with her but he knew what he had to do…he had to do this to keep his son…he had no other choice.

St Peters Church- NewCastle

Flashback

Alex “You are going to be late for school

Pippa “No I wont..I just wanted to see you”

Alex “I wanted to see you too”

Pippa “I cant wait until we can be together forever”

Alex “ Forever”

Pippa “Yes”

Alex “I think that might happen”

Pippa “I love you Alex”

Alex “I love you too Phillippa…I always will”

Flashback ends

Reverend Jones had been thinking a lot about Phillipa lately, he felt so close to her and her family and felt like he lost a grandson when Thomas Frank died. He really felt that that there was a reason why he and Phillipa were reunited but he didn’t have the courage..he didn’t want to ruin their friendship by making assumptions

“Reverend Jones” Deacon Thompson said. Hearing his name brought him back to the present

“The Auxiliary council is here”  Deacon Thompson said

“Thank you Deacon Thompson” Reverend Jones said as he got up from behind the desk and gathered a file and some other papers on his desk

“Call”

“Hmm? Did you say something Deacon Thompson?” Reverend Jones said

“No Reverend” Deacon Thompson said confused as Reverend Jones  stood looking confused, he thought he heard Deacon Thompson tell him to call..maybe he was hearing things Reverend Jones. Reverend Jones leaned forward to grab his Bible

“Call”

“Reverend, is there something wrong?” Deacon Thompson said as he looked at Reverend Jones

“No,..sorry, I am fine. Please send my apologies to the council, I will be there shortly…I just need to make a phone call” Reverend Jones said then Deacon Thompson lightly bowed his head and closed the office door behind him. When the door closed, Reverend Jones felt very strange…his heart was beating fast..he felt like he was in fight or flight move…he exhaled then picked up the phone and started to dial

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“ I better get going” Ailsa said as she drank the last of her coffee

“Thank you for coming around” Pippa said as they both stood up

“Will you think about what I said?” Ailsa said

“Do I have to give you an answer now?” Pippa said then they both laughed and hugged

“Phone ringing”

“Ill leave you to it..Let me know when you have the presents ready” Ailsa said

“Thanks” Pippa said and waved then Ailsa waved and left the house as Pippa walked over to the phone

“ Summer Bay Caravan Park, hello” Pippa said

“Hello Phillipa, how are you? Reverend Jones said

“Alex, Hi, I wasn’t expecting to hear from you” Pippa said as a sense of peace came over her

“I hope I wasn’t interrupting you” Reverend Jones said

“No, not at all. Ailsa just left…she wanted to let me know she had space in her case if I wanted to send Frank and Roo presents” Pippa said

“Oh yes, they are going over to spend Christmas there…I can imagine its going to be a busy time for you too” Reverend Jones said

“it’s the first Christmas without Tom and Frank is not here either so I am really not sure what to expect”Pippa said

As Reverend Jones listened to Pippa his eye gradually scanned across his desk and was met with a little homemade ornament that was given to him many years ago “Ask and you shall receive” it said as Reverend Jones read it

“Alex, are you there?” Pippa said when the line went quiet

Reverend Jones heart began to beat fast..it was now or never

“Yes, I am here…Phillipa, I want to ask you something” Reverend Jones said

“Yes” Pippa said curiously

“I will understand  if you say no but I was wondering if you and your family would like to come to the Nativity on the Sunday before Christmas? There is plenty of room to stay here and there are toys and other goodies for Sally and Christopher. The Auxilly council always makes it a grand affair, I promise, you will all have a nice time” Reverend Jones said then exhaled…there, he said it. Whatever will be, will be, he thought to himself

“Yes I would love to” Pippa said

“You would?” Reverend Jones said excited

“Yes I would…it will  be like a holiday for Christopher and Sally. I don’t know if Steven and Carly will come..I  hope you wont be offended if they wont” Pippa said

“No, not at all. What about Roberta?” Reverend Jones

“I really don’t know…she came home today from the hospital…im going to see her, I can ask her” Pippa said

“Please, let me ask her” Reverend Jones

“Ok, I wont mention it” Pippa said

“I have to go to a meeting now” Reverend Jones said

“Oh ok, well, I will ask the children and tell them to keep it private and I will letr you know” Pippa said

“Sounds like an excellent plan” Reverend Jones

“Thank you Alex…thank you for always being here when I need you” Pippa said

“Youre welcome..ill talk to you soon..bye” Reverend Jones

“Bye” Pippa said and smiled then she put the phone down and walked over to the desk and picked up the photo of her Tom and Frank. She smiled as she looked at the both

“I love you both…very much” Pippa said and wiped a tear from her eye

St Peters Church- NewCastle

Reverend Jones put the phone down  and exhaled then he closed his eyes and smiled

“Thank you” Reverend Jones said then he got up picked up his file and papers and walked out of the door

Background music ends

Fisher Residence- Summer Bay

Bobby closed the fridge and walked towards the table stirring her tea. She wasn’t very hungry but she had to eat and drink something to take her medication. Bobby sat down then took a bit out of her toast

“Oh I didn’t know you were awake, I could’ve made that for you” Lucinda said

“No, I am fine” Bobby said as Lucinda sat opposite her

“I hope you don’t mind me staying here” Lucinda said as Bobby chewed her toast and smiled

“Summer Bay has changed so much since I was last here…Now that I think about it, I think I remember you, I think your family used to own the shop” Lucinda said as Bobby smiled

“I was just talking to  Ruth earlier, she is so lucky to be living in New York, her husband sounds amazing….oh…I’m sorry…I didn’t mean to..” Lucinda was interrupted

“Its ok” Bobby said then she drank her tea while the room became awkward

“Uncle Donald said you own a diner” Lucinda said

“Yeah” Bobby said and drank her tea again

“Door knocking”

“Ill just get that” Lucinda said as Bobby rolled her eyes. After Lucinda opened the door, she could hear voices..it was Ailsa shortly after, Ailsa and Lucinda came to the kitchen

“Hello there” Ailsa said when she came into the kitchen

“Hi” Bobby said

“Lucinda said she was an assistant manager at a bistro, I offered her some hours” Ailsa said

“Is that right?” Bobby said as she chewed her toast

“Steve said he cant work anymore so we need the extra hands ” Ailsa said

“Thank you so much…Ill be there tomorrow at 9am…ill leave you two to talk…I have to go and unpack..see you tomorrow” Lucinda said

“Nice to meet you Ailsa” Lucinda said and hugged Ailsa and walked off into her bedroom

“How are you?” Ailsa said

“Fine” Bobby said and walked over to the since ith her empty plate and cup and put them inside

“I just wanted to check on you….Alf and I are going next week…to New York” Ailsa said as Bobby smiled

“Are you sure you want to come back to work tomorrow? Isn’t it a bit early?” Ailsa said

“The Doc said I am fine…I have some catching up to do at the Sands” Bobby said

“Bobby…I am really sorry….this year hasn’t been the best for you” Ailsa said

“Not your fault…story of my life” Bobby said

“Next year will be much better..I promise” Ailsa said as Bobby half smiled

“I am a bit tired now, I want to go and lie down” Bobby said

“Oh right….ok, well I guess I will see you tomorrow” Ailsa said as Bobby smiled then she watched Ailsa walk out of the door.

Bobby walked into her room, closed the door and locked it. She walked over to her mirror and took the bank out of her hair. Behind her left ear, her hair was short. Bobby ran her hand over the healing sore where the stiches where. Bobby put her hair gently in the band and looked at herself then she got up and went to lie down on the bed. She picked up Alans bear and hugged it. Tomorrow she was going to get on with her life…..everything she loved was gone… nothing mattered anymore.

Stewart Residence- Summer Bay

“Banging on the door”

“Who is that flamin banging on the door at this hour?” Alf said as Ailsa rubbed her eye and getting out of bed

“Banging on the door”

“Ill go love, before Duncan wakes up” Alf said as he got out of bed and grabbed his dressing gown and walked to the door

“Banging on the door”

“Alright alright I’m coming” Alf said then he opened the door

“Sis, what flamin time do you call this?” Alf said as Celia rushed into the house

“Oh Alfred, I was too excited, I just had to come here” Celia said as Ailsa came out of the bedroom

“What s going on?” Ailsa said

“Oh Ailsa, sorry to wake you up but I just had to come and tell you my news….Michael and I are getting married!” Celia said as she pulled her hand out of her pocket and showed Alf and Celia her ring. Alf and Ailsa looked at each other while Celia smiled and stared at her ring.

Chapter 168

One week later

Flight 2742- The City

“Please fasten your seatbelts, we will be taking off shortly” The Air Hostess said. Ailsa looked over at Duncan, he was already fast asleep. The excitement wore him out. Ailsa gently covered him with a blanket and looked at Alf

“Are you ok love?” Ailsa said

“Hmm?” Alf said

“Are you OK? You have been really quiet” Ailsa said as she stroked his arm

“Its this whole wedding thing and Celia…there is something strange going on Ails…Ive said it from the beginning” Alf said and sighed

“It all does seem a bit sudden but Celia is an adult, she has to make her own mistakes” Ailsa said

“I know love but she told me she wants a family of her own, I think she just married the first bloke who asked her so she can have it. A few months ago, she was sure Rev Jones was going to ask her and now Michael has and she said yes” Alf said

“ So what do you want to do about it?” Ailsa said

“There is nothing we can do about it other than hope she sticks to her promise of waiting until we get back to get married” Alf said

“Exactly, so cheer up. I don’t think Roo would want to see you upset, its Christmas, she hasn’t seen you in a long time” Ailsa said

“Yeah…you’re right I suppose” Alf said and smiled at Ailsa

“What would I do without you” Alf said and smiled then leaned forward and kissed Ailsa

Bayside Diner- Summer Bay

Carly counted the tip that was left by the customer and smiled. She put the money in her pocket and cleared the table

“You're doing really well with tips today Carly” Lucinda said as Carly came to the counter

“Well, you either have it or you don’t” Carly said as both her and Lucinda smiled. Carly liked Lucinda, they had become friendly since Lucinda started working at the diner

“So, when are you going home?” Carly said

“I have to but I will only be gone for two days. I didn’t expect to get a job and I didn’t expect to like it so much” Lucinda said

“Hmmm and I wonder why?” Carly said then they both laughed again

“No, its not because of Adam” Lucinda said

“Yeah…sure” Carly said and she walked into the kitchen. When she walked in, she saw Bobby staring at something, when Carly looked behind, she noticed that Bobby was staring at a woman holding a baby. Carly sighed. Since Bobby came back to work, she was different, she didn’t talk much or want to do much. At first Carly was offended but after talking to Pippa, she is still probably grieving.

“Bobby are you OK?” Carly said which made Bobby come back to the present and continue chopping the fruit

“Yeah, why?” Bobby said

“Nothing, you were just staring at that lady and her baby” Carly said

“I wasnt” Bobby said as Carly looked at her

“Do you want to do something tonight, maybe go and watch a movie or something?’ Carly said

“No, I need to finish off a dessert idea for the sands’ Bobby said and arranged the fruit on the dish

“Ok, I can help you then we can go and do something after” Carly said

“No” Bobby said and walked past Carly and went into the pantry as Carly sighed

Morgan Residence- Summer Bay

“ohhhhh I should’ve got the other dress” Roo said as she looked at herself in the mirror. She was wearing a long silver dress which only had one strap

“You look fine to me” Frank said as he wiped his shoes

“Its not that, this Macklins event is a really high profile event, I want to look my best so I can potentially get new clients” Roo said as she turned to the side to look at herself

“Youre going to be fine" Frank said

“Why didn’t you just get a new pair of shoes, youre getting polish everywhere" Roo said

“Why? These shoes are fine…besides, I am saving for your dream house remember” Frank said and smiled

“Saving? That’s why you brought all those presents for your family” Roo said

“Its Christmas” Frank said and walked over to where Roo was standing

“My present better be the most expensive” Roo said as Frank put his arms around her waist

“That will depend” Frank said as he kissed Roos neck

“On what?” Roo said

“On what my present is” Frank said then Roo turned around and put her arms around Franks neck

“I have a few idea” Roo said with a smile

“You know what I want” Frank said and kissed Roo then he pulled away and smiled then hugged her then her smiled disappeared.

Ross Boatshed- Summer Bay

“Look Cynthia…I said I want to spend Christmas with my son…we wont be staying in the caravan, I have a place now….you really are ridiculous, you know that?.....he is not a baby, I can take care of my son…you really think so? You really think the court is going to do that….I am coming to pick up my son on the 24th and that is the end of that” Michael said then he put the phone down and sighed

“Hello Michael” Celia said with a magazine in her hand

“Not now Celia” Michael said. He really wasn’t interested in hearing about wedding plans then he remembered and sighed

“Look, I am sorry” Michael said then walked over to Celia and put his arm around her shoulder

“Is something wrong?” Celia said

“Its my ex…we agreed for Haydn to spend Christmas here in Summer Bay but now she is being difficult, saying she wont let him stay in the van” Michael said and sighed

“Why would she do that, everything is arranged” Celia said

“I know but for some reason she still likes to make my life difficult” Michael said

“I have an idea…why don’t you and Haydn spend the holidays in my home…we are getting married soon and I want to spend some time getting to know my step son” Celia said with a smile

“I don’t know Celia…I know you are religious and stuff, I don’t want your church friends thinking you are up to wrong things” Michael said

“Nonsense…besides, I have three rooms, there is plenty of space” Celia said

“Only if you are sure” Michael said

“Of course I am sure” Celia said and Michael kissed her cheek

“You really are an Angel” Michael said and hugged Celia who had butterflies in her stomach while he looked unsure about what he was doing.

Chapter 169

Prince George ballroom- New York

As Frank handed their coats to the coat clerk, Roo looked around at the women walking by in their elegant dresses.

“Frank I should’ve bought the other dress, I look under dressed in comparison to them” Roo said sounding very disappointed

“There is nothing wrong with your dress, why are you always complaining?” Frank said annoyed. He really didn’t want to be here but for Roo, he said he would make an effort to get to know people, start building a life here

“You look great Roo, you always do” Roo turned around to see a familiar face smiling, Brett

“Hi Brett, I didn’t know that you were back in town” Roo said as she leaned forward and hugged Brett. Even though they had talked everything out, they still had a history, a connection and nothing would change that. Every time she saw him, it brought that back

“I always fly in for this event. Aside from showing our appreciation to our staff, we have a lot of prospective business clients here too. Some I am sure would need some PR services” Brett said as Frank rolled his eyes

“Nice to see you Frank” Brett said with a smile and out his hand out. Frank exhaled and shook his hand

“Congratulations on your promotion…I hear you are doing very well” Brett said with a smile

“Thanks” Frank said

“Well, I will see you later, enjoy” Brett said with a smile then he walked away

“Why are you always rude to him?” Roo said

“The guy is a creep” Frank said

“No he isn’t, he is one of your bosses” Roo said

“So?” Frank said

“Frank, what is the point in coming if you are going to be like this?” Roo said

“I didn’t want to come anyway” Frank said

“Fine, go home then” Roo said as she walked faster to the to the ballroom

“Ok, I am sorry” Frank said as he caught up to her

“Lets just have a good time tonight..ok?” Roo said

“Ok” Frank said and kissed Roo then they began to walk into the ballroom

“Oh look, your little puppy” Roo said sarcastically as Kate waved at them

“Just leave her, its not like that” Frank said as Roo laughed sarcastically then got annoyed when Kate got closer to them

“Hi” Kate said with a smile. Roo had to admit she looked beautiful. Her red hair was curled and loose on her back and shoulders and she was wearing a champagne coloured long slip dress which highlighted her body

“Hi,  you look great. I thought your boyfriend was coming?” Frank said

“Thanks, he couldn’t make it but I am going home on Friday so its ok…you look really nice Ruth” Kate said with a smile

“Thanks” Roo said

“Are you not excited about this party? I couldn’t wait” Kate said with a big smile

“Well, lets go in then” Frank said as Ruth rolled her eyes and they all walked into the ballroom

Bistro – The City

“Matt you have a visitor” one of the assistants said as Matt was doing a log of the takins from last night.

“Thanks” Matt put the log and the money in the safe, closed it then walked out to the Bistro

“Mum, what are you doing here?” Matt said as he saw his mother standing at the counter

“I was just passing and wanted to see you” Dawn Wilson said as she looked around the Bistro

“Do you want a coffee or something” Matt said pointing at the coffee makertf

“No no love, I am fine. How are you?” Dawn said as she walked towards her son and touched his face

“Fine, just busy here that’s all” Matt said…he lied..he wasn’t fine

“How is Barbra? I hope you are doing everything for her” Dawn said. It was a shock for her that her Son was going to be a father but what made it worse is that the mother of the baby was someone she knew

“Yeah, she is fine. I think she is going to go back to work after the holidays” Matt said

“Aww that’s nice…are you sure you are alright love…you are looking a bit skinny” Dawn said as she looked at Matt

“No, I am fine, I was actually going to come and have some lunch, you sure you wont join me?” Matt said

“No, I better get going anyway…before I forget, what do you think we should bring over?” Dawn said

“Bring over where? Matt said confused

“To your place for Christmas” Dawn said confused

“What are you talking about Mum? We usually go and see Shane then to Granpas place…that’s the tradition, we have always done that” Matt said confused

“Well, Barbra thought it would be a better idea to start a new tradition, we are all going to see Mum and Dad and Shane on the 24th and spend Christmas day with you and Barbra….anyway, I better get going. Tell Barbra I said thank you for the invitation..ill probably bring over some dessert…ill see you love” Dawn said then she kissed Matt and walked out of the Bistro

“Ill be back in half an hour” Matt said as he picked up his keys from the counter and angrily walked out of the Bistro

Bayside Diner- Summer Bay

It's a cruel, (cruel) cruel summer
Leaving me here on my own
It's a cruel, (it's a cruel) cruel summer
Now you're gone
You're not the only one
It's a cruel

Bobby sighed as she sat in the kitchen writing some menu ideas and heard the song on the jukebox…it reminded her of the time her and Frank went to Shaolhaven…one of the best days of her life

“I really like this song” Lucinda said as she filled the salt and pepper pots “Ruth and I used to dance around in her room thinking we were in a group” Lucinda said as she laughed

“Yeah its really good” Carly said as she wiped down the counter

“Youre getting salt on the counter” Bobby said as she walked up behind Lucinda which made Lucinda jump

“Sorry” Lucinda said then picked up a napkin and wiped the spilled salt as Bobby opened the draw, took out a folder and walked back into the kitchen

“I don’t think she likes me very much” Lucinda whispered as Bobby went back into the kitchen

“No, its not that its just..” Carly was interrupted

“CARLY” Carly jumped and turned around to see Bobby looking at her

“Ill just serve this customer” Lucinda said as Carly walked back into the kitchen

“If you want to keep working here, don’t talk about me behind my back” Bobby said as she sat down

“I didn’t say..” Carly was interrupted

“I mean it” Bobby said  as Carly sighed and walked back to the counter

“Hi Carly” Carly looked up to see Meghan, someone she went to school with. Bobby looked up and sighed

“Hi, what brings you back in town?” Carly said, remembered the last time Megan came into the diner

“My husband has some business to take care of in Waldoff Creek so I just stopped by to see my parents and wanted to have a coffee before he comes and picks me up and we head back to the City” Meghan said with a smile

“Ok, Ill bring it over” Carly said as Meghan looked around then shortly after Carly came over with the cup of coffee

“This is Roo’s cousin Lucinda, she is staying here for a while” Carly said as Lucinda smiled at Meghan

“That means you are Bobby Simpsons cousin too?” Meghan said

“Yes” Lucinda said and Meghan laughed then she walked over to the table to wait for her coffee

“So what are you up to? Are you still dating the soldier? Meghan said Carly put the coffee in front of her

“Yeah, he is spending some of the Christmas with my family” Carly said with a smile

“Hopefully the next time I see you, you will be going to walk down the aisle” Meghan said as she put sugar in her coffee

“Lucinda, how is Roo? I  have been meaning to meet up with her in the City…that’s so great about living in the city, you get to see everyone “ Meghan said then she drank her coffee

Bobby looked down at the menu she was writing as she listened to Meghan. Since winning the awards, there was so much pressure on her to come up with new ideas for the Sands and in January all her media obligations were going to start. There was a big deal because she was the first woman to win business woman of the year and break Alfs 8 year streak so the NSW association had organized different speaking arrangements for her but her heart still hurt.

“Shes living in New York now, with her husband and is working in PR” Lucinda said as she walked over to the table

“That is amazing, she has done really well for herself and her husband is such a spunk. I think every girl in year twelve was jealous of her…well some more jealous than others” Meghan said as she sipped her coffee

Bobby sighed as she listened to Meghan

“Your next Carly” Meghan said

“I hope so, Ben is really nice” Carly said

“As a Soldiers wife, you can get to travel all around Australia and you wont be stuck living in Summer Bay ” Meghan said looking around disgusted

“Summer Bay is  ok” Carly said

“Ok? For girls like us Carly, we should be living in luxury, you shouldn’t be waiting on the derros of this town…look at Roo, enjoying the best life because she married well” Meghan said

“Yeah, she is very happy there…” Lucinda said. Bobby couldn’t hear what else she said after that, a truck drove outside  

“That will be amazing…the babies will be beautiful because her and Frank are good looking people” Meghan said

Bobby’s heart dropped, she couldn’t hear anymore. She picked up the menu and the keys and put the keys in her pocket

I am really surprised that Derro Simpson actually owns this place …its not bad” Meghan said looking around

“Yeah..not bad for the Derro who beat your dad for Caterer of the year and beat Alf Stewart for Business woman of the year…didn’t they both win for like 8 years?” Bobby said as she walked towards the table and Meghan became embarrassed

“I umm…I think I better go” Meghan said

“No, you stay” Bobby said and took money out of her pocket ”Your coffee is on me” Bobby said and she threw the money on the table and walked out of the diner.

Flashback

Bobby “This is going to be our first Christmas together”

Frank “And your birthday..which means I have to get you two presents”

Bobby “This feels like a dream…I don’t think any present will be better than this”

Frank “Yeah…it feels pretty good”

Bobby “This time last year, I was alone and now I get to spend Christmas with my family…I am glad that you all came to Summer Bay “

Frank “Yeah me too”

Flashback ends

Frank stood by the bar, drank his beer and looked around. The ballroom was packed. Some people were dancing, others where at the buffet table and some were gambling by playing poker and other gambling games. He didn’t want to be here…..

“Frank” Frank looked up to see one of the other managers Jerry walking over

“Hi Jerry” Frank said

“Enjoying yourself?” Jerry said then he asked the bartender for a beer

“Yeah..” Frank said as he looked around the room for Roo. She was standing next to Brett as Brett was playing poker

“Thanks for looking after my drink” Kate said as she walked over to Frank and picked up her drink from the bar

“You look great Kate” Jerry said as he looked at Kate. He had been attracted to her since she first started at the office

“Thanks” Kate said. She always felt uncomfortable around Jerry but he was a manager, she didn’t want to get on the wrong side of him

“I guess Ill see you both later” Jerry said looking at Kate then he walked back over to the group of men he was talking to

“That guy really creeps me out” Kate said when he left as Frank laughed then Kate heard a song she liked and began to dance

“Do you want to dance?” Kate said

“No, I have two left feet...be careful, you have had a few” Frank said, Kate had been enjoying herself and had been drinking

“Ok Dad, ill see you later” Kate said with a smile and she walked off to the dance floor and began dancing with a group of Macklin employees already dancing. As she danced, Jerry watched her as he drank his beer….

Frank walked over to the poker table where Brett was celebrating, he had just beaten someone for $500

“Hi” Frank said and kissed Roo on her cheek

“Brett is really good, I think he has made like $1000 already” Roo said smiling

“Frank, feel like playing?” Brett said as he shuffled the cards

“No thanks” Frank said

“Oh come on…its just a friendly game….$50 a hand...youre not afraid of a little competition are you?” Brett said as he smiled. Frank knew what he meant

“Come on Frank, remember, I want an expensive Christmas present” Roo said as Brett laughed. Frank looked at her, she was making him look like a fool…he didn’t like it. He was good at cards and could probably beat Brett but he didn’t like that Roo put him on the spot

“Ok” Frank said as he sat opposite Brett who smiled and began to deal the cards

Stewart Store- Summer Bay

“Oh there is so much to do” Celia said to herself as she wrote down the things she needed. She was planning the wedding and then had to get her home ready for Michael and their son, Haydn to send Christmas. Celias heart skipped a beat. She couldn’t believe that her dream was coming true…she was going to be a wife and mother. Celia smiled

“Phone ringing”

Celia jumped then she put her pen down and picked up the phone

“Good Afternoon, Stewart Store” Celia said

“G’day Sis, its me” Alf said

“Oh Alfred, how are you?” Celia said

“Good, we just stopped over in Singapore. is everything alright there?” Alf said

“Yes, everything is fine although I might have to hire someone temporarily” Celia said

“Why?” Alf said

“Michael and his son are staying with me for the holidays, I need time to prepare for them” Celia said

“Sis, you havnt known the bloke for that long and now you are going to be living with him and his son? isn’t this going a bit to fast” Alf said

“Alfred, I am happy. I am going to be a wife and mother. Can I hire someone to help while I prepare for my family?” Celia said

“I suppose…the pips are going..ill call when we get to New York” Alf said then the phone disconnected. Celia put the phone down and smiled

“I am going to be a wife and mother.” She said then smiled then picked up her pen and continued to make the plans

Frank sighed. Brett had won again. This was their fifth game so he owed Brett $250 but he just knew that he could beat Brett. Frank looked up at Roo, she looked annoyed and disappointed

Brett looked at him and smiled then someone whispered something in his ear

“One more game” Frank said

“Unfortunately, I have to excuse myself” Brett said and got up from the table

“I am going to get a drink” Roo said and she walked off to the bar and some of the other people who were watching the game always walked away leaving Frank and Brett at the table alone

“Can I give you the money tomorrow at the office? I don’t have any cash on me” Frank said

“That will be great timing…ill pass by the office on my way to get Bobby’s Christmas present” Brett said ,  winked and smiled as Frank looked at him as he walked away. Frank was disappointed in himself…he was disappointed that Roo walked away. Frank sighed again then walked out of the ballroom and towards the bathroom. Frank closed the door, he was alone. He used the urinal then washed his hands. As Frank was about to leave he thought he heard a noise and stopped walking. The he heard the noise again. He walked over to the two stalls in the bathroom, he opened one door it was empty he walked to the other and heard what he though was crying

“Hello?” Frank said and knocked on the door then the door unlocked and Frank pushed it open and saw Kate crying, her dress was torn, her lipstick was smudged across her mouth and she had blood on her hand

“Kate, what happened? Are you alright” Frank said as Kate grabbed on to him and cried

“No…Jerry…he raped me” Kate said and held onto Frank and cried

Chapter 170

Barbra heard the door slam as she washed the dishes. Shortly after, Matt came into the kitchen

“Hi, I wasn’t expecting you home for lunch but it’s a nice surprise…what can I make you?” Barbra said with a smile

“I told you that I was going to speak to my parents about Christmas” Matt said annoyed

“Yes but your Mum called and the conversation drifted to Christmas and I asked her” Barbra said

“That’s not the point…I told you not to ask her” Matt said annoyed

“I don’t know what the big deal is, you were going to invite her anyway so whats the problem with me doing it” Barbra said

“They are my family not yours” Matt said annoyed

“ We had a baby together, I thought I was your family” Barbra said then she started to cry and Matt sighed then walked over to he and hugged her

“Im sorry” Matt said

“This is hard for me too” Barbra said

“Yeah, I know…I shouldn’t have been annoyed at you asking” Matt said

“I shouldn’t have gone behind your back but I just want to be a family…for the baby” Barbra said

“Its fine…we will go ahead with your plans” Matt said

“Thank you…I love you” Barbra said then she kissed Matt and hugged him then a big smile spread across her face

Drinking alone? Roo turned around to see Brett standing behind her. He sat next to her then motioned for the bartender to bring him a beer

“I don’t know where Frank went, probably sulking that he lost to you” Roo said as she drank her drink through a straw as Brett smiled to himself

“So what do you think of our event? Brett said as he picked up his drink and sipped it

“Its amazing…I honestly could go to events like this every night..I love living here” Roo said

“So you are glad you moved here?” Brett said

“Yeah” Roo said and sighed

“Whats wrong?” Brett said

“Nothing” Roo said

“Come on…out with it” Brett said as he looked at Roo

“its nothing…..I love Frank but sometimes I feel like he brings me down. New York was supposed to be exciting, a new life away from Australia but he spends half the time complaining” Roo said then she sipped her drink again

“So he doesn’t want to be here?” Brett said curiously

“I really dont know what he wants anymore…we came here tonight to have fun so he can get to know some people and have a life of his own because he spends most of the time at home watching TV or writing to his Foster Mum” Roo said and rolled her eyes as Brett laughed

“Then he goes and loses $250 in a game he couldn’t even play but his silly ego wouldn’t allow you to get the better of him” Roo said

“I thought we sorted everything out..i wasn’t aware of any problems between us” Brett said as he smiled…he knew what the problem was..

“Anyway, enough about me…why are you here alone?” Roo said as she drank her drink

“Who said I am here alone?” Brett said as Roo rolled her eyes

“Come one Brett… when are you going to meet the woman of your dreams and settle down?” Roo said

“Who said I haven’t already met her?” Brett said with a smile

“Ok so when do I get to meet her” Roo said

“Maybe you have already met her” Brett said

“I cant think of anyone?” Roo said confused

“Take a guess” Brett said as he smiled

“I have no idea Brett” Roo said confused

“Go on take a guess” Brett said

“I don’t know…Bobby” Roo said an laughed

“Yes” Brett said and smiled

“Really?” Roo said surprised as Brett laughed

“I never thought she would be your type…I expected Mrs Macklin to be more glamorous” Roo said

“Its not always about looks…shes everything I want…you should’ve seen her at the Sands cocktail party…she looked amazing and was very charming. I was the luckiest man in the room” Brett said with a smile as Roo got jealous

“Yeah…but Bobby…she works in a diner…I cant see her living at the Macklin mansion” Roo said and laughed

“What do you have against her?” Brett said confused

“Nothing…I just don’t think she is your type” Roo said

“That’s none of your business anyway…I think you are jealous” Brett said

“Jealous? Of who? Bobby?” Roo said and laughed

“Yes” Brett said

“Why would I be jealous? I got the man she wants…she is probably still jealous of me” Roo said as she smiled deviously at Brett

“ Still scheming and scamming” Brett said

“Only this time, I didn’t have to do anything, Frank came to me…I knew it was going to happen, it was just a matter of time…the Franks of the world want to be with women like me” Roo said and nearly fell off the bar stool but Brett caught her just in time

“I think you have had enough to drink…I better get you home” Brett said as he helped Roo to her feet

“Look at you being a gentleman…” Roo said as she nearly tripped but Brett caught her in time and shook his head as they walked out of the ballroom.

Soho- Manhattan-New York

“Here drink this” Frank said as he gave Kate some tea. Then put a blanket over her. When Kate told him what had happened, Frank was able to get her out of the building using a back entrance an into a Taxi to her apartment

“I really think you should go to the police…you cant let him get away with it” Frank said as he sat next to Kate

“I I I cant…I don’t want everyone to know” Kate said as she cried. Frank felt bad for her….he felt that this was his fault.  Kate was a sweet girl who didn’t deserve this

“I am just going to have a shower and go to bed” Kate said as she started to get up

“Look, my Sister was assaulted a few years ago, she hid it from all of us and the guy who did it nearly got away with it until he assaulted another girl. Please report this…I don’t want Jerry to get away wit it” Frank said

“I shouldnt have told you” Kate said

“But you did and I want you to think about going to the police” Frank said then he heard the front door open and foot steps behind him

“That’s probably my room mate” Kate said and sighed as she tried to wipe her face of the tears

“Hey” Frank turned around ..it was her…the girl he saw months ago on the train…the girl who reminded him of Bobby

“Hey” Kate said and wiped her face

“This is Frank, a friend from work” Kate said as her room mate took her backpack off and put it on the chair

“Hi” Frank said

“Hi, I am Samantha but everyone calls me Sam” Sam said and smiled then put her hand out. Frank smiled and shook her hand. She was a little bit taller than Bobby and had dimples but her eyes….they reminded him so much of Bobby. Frank looked familiar to her….like she had seen him before

“Kate whats going on?” Sam said as Kate began to cry

“Are you going to tell her or should I?” Frank said as Kate sighed.

Singapore Airport

Ailsa laughed as Duncan made a funny face. She tried to feed him some rice but he didn’t like it. He picked up the cup and drank the juice instead. Ailsa put some rice in her mouth and chewed then looked at Alf who was playing around with the rice in his plate

“Something wrong with the food love?” Ailsa said

“No, its fine. I am just not hungry” Alf said

“Next time we should travel with some homecooked food” Ailsa said and laughed. Alf didn’t find the joke funny. Ailsa sighed

“Come on love, you cant let this get you down…Celia is an adult making her own decisions” Ailsa said

“I know love but we don’t know anything about this Michael bloke” Alf said

“Celia knows enough to want t marry him…maybe its not on your timeline but she has to find out for herself…let her make her own mistakes, we can’t interfere” Ailsa said

“I know Ails but what do I tell my Dad? He has always told me to keep an eye on Celia” Alf said

“And you have done that but now she has to make her own decisions love, you can’t shield her forever” Ails said and Alf sighed

“I suppose you are right..look at Ruthy…I wanted to shield her, I thought I did everything to keep her on the straight and narrow…I wanted her Mum to be proud of what I was doing but in the end things turned out differently” Alf said

“Roo turned out ok, shes happy, married and enjoying life…you did a good job Love” Ailsa said and put some more rice in her mouth

“Thanks love…by the way…lets not mention anything to Ruth or Frank about what has been going on in Summer Bay” Alf said

“Im sure Celia has already called and told Roo about the wedding” Ailsa said with a smile

“No..not that…the stuff with Bobby” Alf said

“I am sure its not a secret Alf…I am sure Frank already knows” Ailsa said

“No…he doesn’t…I asked Pip and she said she didn’t want to tell him…didn’t want him to worry” Alf said as Ailsa looked at him

“Alf…even if she didn’t tell him, this isn’t a secret…and besides…Frank and Bobby finished a long time ago..he made the choice to be with Roo” Ailsa said

“I know love but still…she is our daughter…we have to protect her happiness…lets not mention it…ok” Alf said as he looked at Ailsa then put some of the rice in his mouth and looked at Duncan while Ailsa looked at him.

“Shhh I don’t want to wake up Frank” Roo said then giggled quietly. Brett shook his head and slowly opened the door. The apartement was dark. Brett felt the side of the wall and turned the light on

“Looks like Frank is not home yet” Brett said as he helped Roo into the apartment. He only intended to put her in a Taxi but she was too drunk…he didn’t want to leave her…the mother of his child in any danger

“Here you go, let me help you into bed” Brett said as he closed the door and helped Roo over to the bed

“Shhh you will wake up Frank” Roo said and giggled again. As Brett helped Ro to the bed, he looked around the apartment, it was small…very small which surprised him because Frank earned a decent salary at Macklins.

“Roo, he isn’t here and you are drunk” Brett said as he dropped Roo onto the bed

“Where is he?” Roo said as Brett pulled her shoes off then pushed her over and pulled the duvet from under her then rolled her back and covered her with the duvet. When Roo was in Bed, Brett kneeled by her and moved a hair from her eye. She was beautiful…just like their daughter.

“Thanks for taking care of me” Roo said as she looked at Brett then leaned forward and tried to kiss him. Brett pulled back and smiled

“Take care of yourself Roo” Brett said and stood up. As he walked away, he looked back At Roo, she had turned her head t the other side. Brett looked around the apartment again and noticed a photo. He walked over to the photo and picked it up…it was Frank and Roos wedding photo.  Brett picked up the photo and looked at it then smiled..then he put the photo down and quietly let himself out of the apartment.

Soho, Manhattan-New York

“Is she ok?” Frank said as Sam walked into the living room. They lived in a tiny one bedroom apartment and had twin beds. The rent was very expensive in the area but they made it work.

“She is adamant that she doesn’t want to report it…she is just taking a shower” Sam said as she folded the blanket that was covering Kate

“I wish I could’ve done something” Frank said

“Thank you for being a gentleman and bringing her home” Sam said as she looked at Frank. He was nice looking. Kate had mentioned him before, mentioned how he was like a Brother to her and one of her only friends at work...she also mentioned that he was married.

“I wish I can do more but if she doesn’t want to report it to the police, there is nothing else we can do” Frank said as he looked at Sam tidying up the living room. He wished so much that she was Bobby. Tonight had been a horrible night…losing to Brett…Roo walking away and then this situation with Kate..he wished Bobby was with him right now…he sighed then got up

“I better get going” Frank said. He didn’t want to go home…he knew there would be an argument.

“I was going to make some hot chocolate…do you want a cup before you go?” Sam said with a smile

He looked into her eyes, he didn’t see Sam…he saw Bobby

“Sure, thanks” Frank said and smiled and sat down as he watched Sam go into the kitchen.

Archived