Homecoming

Summer's Bay

:)

Chapter 121

Eight weeks later

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Well?’ Pippa said as Brian, Steve, Carly and Sally sat around the dinner table

“I didn’t take it, it wasn’t me or Milko” Sally said and crossed her arms and looked sad

“I don’t know why you are looking at me for? The last time it was Carly, maybe she is at it again” Steve said

“It wasn’t me’ Carly said annoyed

“Look, we are not getting anywhere, whoever took the $100, if you needed it for something, why didn’t you just ask me? Pippa said

“Like I said, it was probably Carly” Steve said

“Rack off!” Carly said

“Ok, enough” Pippa said and she sighed, she wasn’t getting anywhere, she thought after all this time, she could trust her children.

“Look have we finished? I got homework to do”. Steve said as Pippa looked surprised. Over the last few weeks he had really changed and Pippa couldn’t understand why

“Ok” Pippa said as Steve and Brian walked towards the stairs and into their room. Brian closed the door and Steve sat on his bed

“Revhead and the boys are waiting for us” Brian said

“Yeah, we have to wait a bit until Pippa goes to bed then we can sneak out” Steve said as Brian smiled

Fisher Residence-Summer Bay

Bobby closed the door, it had been a long day and she was tired. She decided to move back into her dads place after having a talk with Pippa. Besides, with the baby coming, she wanted some peace and quiet and she wanted to be away from memories

“Oh hello, I left you some dinner, it’s in the oven if you are hungry” Donald said as Bobby walked into the kitchen

“No, I am not hungry, I’m going to have a shower and go to bed, I am tired” Bobby said as she sat down

“Is the rose from Geoff?” Donald said as he opened the cupboard, took out a vase and put some water in it then walked over to the table, takes the rose from Bobby and puts it in the vase. Bobby didnt respond

“How thoughtful of him, he really is a nice young man” Donald said as Bobby sighed. Over the last few weeks, Geoff had been around, on a few occasions Bobby had lunch with him but he made it no secret that he wanted more. Even after finding out about Bobby’s pregnancy, he still wanted to be a part of her life

“Any letters for me?” Bobby said looking at the pile of letters on the table

“Yes, this one came for you” Donald said as he handed Bobby a brown envelope

“Are you sure you don’t want anything to eat, you need to keep your strength up” Donald said as Bobby opened the envelope

“No, I am fine” Bobby said as she took the letter out and read it

“Wow” Bobby said

“What is it?” Donald said

“I have been nominated for Business person of the year and Caterer of the year!” Bobby said shocked

“You have? Let me see that” Donald said then Bobby gave him the letter. As he read it Bobby sighed, she never expected anything like this but since she started working at the Sands Resort, so many wonderful things were happening, she already got a pay increase because the food was very good, she was on the way to saving enough money not only to go to Uni but to take care of her baby

“Congratulations!” Donald said as he handed the letter back to Bobby

“Thanks, I don’t think I will win though, I mean, Alf is also nominated” Bobby said

“Rubbish, you have been doing very well at the Sands and the Diner…you really should consider selling that secret sauce” Donald said

“Dad, it’s not that great, nobody will buy it” Bobby said

“I disagree, I think it will do very well” Donald said

‘You are my dad, you are supposed to say that “Bobby said as she rolled her eyes and smiled

: It’s so nice to see you smiling” Donald said “The ceremony is next month. Do you think you will ask Geoff to go with you?” Donald said

“Dad” Bobby said and shook her head then got up

Yabbie Creek

“Hello” Marilyn said as she picked up the phone

“Marilyn its me..Please don’t put the phone down” Ben said

“Ok, what do you want?” Marilyn said

“I am really sorry about what happened, I’ve been really upset with myself” Ben said

“You really hurt me Ben” Marilyn said

“I know and I am sorry, I have a lot going on here on the base but that is no excuse for me to treat you any less than the angel you are…please give me another chance” Ben said as Marilyn sighed. She really like him and because of that she ignored when he was mean to her

“Ok but you have to promise that that you will never do that again” Marilyn said

“I really promise…I really like you and would never hurt you again” Ben said

“I won’t be able to make it this weekend but next weekend I’ll be there to see you” Ben said

“Ok, I’ll miss you until then” Marilyn Said with a smile

“Me too, ill dream about you, good night” Ben said as Marilyn smiled

“Me too, goodnight” Marilyn said with a smile and put the phone down then her smiled disappeared. She walked into the bathroom and unbuttoned her shirt and then took one shoulder of her shirt off and looked at the bruise on her arm and sighed.

Stewart Residence-Summer Bay

“Sorry I am late love” Alf said as he entered the house and kissed Ailsa o her head and sat down

“Dinner is in the oven for you but before you eat I have some news” Ailsa said

“What news love?” Alf said as he picked up a letter addressed to him on the table

“We have been approved by the department to have Sandra come and live with us” Aisla said with a smile on her face

“That’s great news love” Alf said as he opened the letter

“Don’t sound so enthusiastic, I thought you wanted this” Ailsa Sid

“I’m sorry love, I do, and it’s just that I am really worried about Celia” Alf said

“What’s the problem now?” Ailsa said confused

“Since the Rev told her the truth, she has latched on to Michael” Alf said

“I thought he seemed keen on her when they were here the other night” Ailsa said

“I know, but he just seems out of her league” Alf said

“Come on Alf, it takes allsorts to make a relationship work, not just what you think” Ailsa said

“I know but I think she might be rushing into things again” Alf said with a sigh

“Well, why don’t you have a talk to Michael, see what his intentions are, be the protective older brother” Ailsa said

“I think I will do that” Alf said as he took the letter out of the envelope and read it

“Would you look at that” Alf said

“What?’ Ailsa said

“Bobby and I are both nominated for business person of the year” Alf said

“Really, let me see” Ailsa said as Alf handed her the letter

“I bet Bobby must be chuffed, this is great news for her, ” Ailsa said

“Yeah..She is having quite the year” Alf said

“What’s wrong with you?’ Ailsa said

“Never in a million years did I expect to be in competition with Bobby Simpson” Alf said

“Stranger things have happened…I am happy for her. I hope she wins, she deserves it…Ill warm up your dinner” Ailsa said as she smiled and got off the couch

Summer Bay

Steve picked the lock and the door opened. He quickly rushed inside and picked up two bottles of whiskey and some plastic cups and quickly rushed out and put the lock back on and ran towards the beach

“I told you it was easy” Steve said as he gave the bottles to Brian

“I am impressed Steve” Brian said and smiled as Revhead head took a bottle of whiskey

“Good job Mattheson, I always thought you was a square” Revhead said as they all laughed

Brian handed each person a cup and pure whiskey into the cups

“A toast to Stevo walking on the wild side” Brian said and they all said cheer and drank the whiskey and laughed

Manhattan-New York

Frank clapped his hands along with everyone else. Mr. Greyson just announced that Andy had been promoted to floor manager, something Mr. Grayson said Frank was working towards. Frank sat down at his desk and sighed. He looked through his files and work he had to do today. Frank picked up his pen then threw it down again, he didn’t understand why Mr. Grayson gave the promotion to Andy and not him.

“Frank, a quick word please” Mr. Greyson said and Frank got up and walked towards Mr. Greyson’s office

“Shut the door please and have a seat” Mr. Greyson said as Frank followed the instructions

“I know it must be disappointing that I gave Andy the promotion, it has nothing to do with you or your work, it’s just that Andy has been here a little longer than you and Senior management wishes that we respect that” Mr. Greyson said

“Senior management…you mean Brett? Frank said annoyed. Mr. Greyson didn’t answer

“Look, Frank, I really like you, my hands are tied but if you continue working hard, the next promotion is yours. How does that sound? Mr. Greyson said

“Thanks, I better get on. By the way, if you don’t mind, I want to take a week off in a few months, my father in law is sending my wife and I on honeymoon” Frank said

“Sure, just let me know the dates” Mr. Greyson said and smiled as Frank got up and left his office

Edison Agency Manhattan –New York

“I am very impressed with you Ruth, your hard work and bringing in the Macys account. I can’t think of one exec here who has done so much in a short time and brought in a major client” Helen said

“Thank you very much, I really want to make it in this industry” Roo said with a smile

“Oh you will, I have no doubt about that but first, we need to change your title from Junior PR Exec to PR Exec” Helen said

Roo looked shocked and excited at the same time “Thank you Helen, thank you very much” Roo said

“No, thank you, that Macys client has pushed our figures through the roof for this quarter. From now on, you will lead your own cases, starting with the Macys account, no need to wait for Nancy to assign you and you will get a pay increase and your own desk, no need to work out of Nancy’s space” Helen said

“Nancy has been a great help” Helen said

“That’s good to hear” Helen said

“Tonight we are having a mixer for L’Oréal at Cipriani’s, I know its short notice but I just got the request, I would like you to attend” Helen said

“Tonight?” Roo said, she was meeting Frank after work, they were going to the movies. The made a promise to make a lot of time for each other and not work so much

“Yes, is that a problem?’ Helen said

“No, no problem” Roo said with a smile

“Good” Helen said with a smile as Roo got up and walked back to her desk. She had to tell Frank, maybe he can come with her

. When Roo got to her desk, she picked up the phone and started dialing

Macklin Corporation Manhattan, New York

“Macklin Corporation, Frank speaking” Frank said as he picked up the phone

“Hey Frank it’s me” Roo said

“Hi, nice to hear your voice” Frank said as he smiled

“Why what’s wrong?” Roo said

“Andy just got the promotion that I thought I was getting” Frank said and sighed

“Sorry, never mind you will get one soon, just keep working hard” Ro said with guilt

“Yeah, maybe” Frank said

“I know this is the wrong time but Helen just gave me a promotion, I am no longer a junior I am a full PR exec” Roo said

‘That’s wonderful news” Frank said, he was genuinely happy for his wife, she was working hard

“Thanks, I get my own desk and a pay rise” Roo said

“You deserve it, we can celebrate tonight” Frank said with a smile

“That’s what I was calling about. Helen said I have to be at a mixer tonight, it’s sort of last minute thing for a big client…you can come if you want” Roo said as Frank sighed

“No, you go ahead, it was just a movie, we can go another time” Frank said

“Are you sure?” Rool said

“Yeah, no worries, besides, we are going to England soon, we will have lots of time together” Frank said with a smile

“I can’t wait…listen, I got to go, I’ll see you later” Roo said

“Ok, I love you” Franks said

“I love you too” Roo said and she smiled and put the phone down as Nancy sat down at her desk

“I heard your good news, congratulations Ruth, I am very proud of you” Nancy said

“Thank you, it’s all because of you taking me under your wing” Roo said

“Nancy these arrived for you” The front desk assistant said as she handed Nancy some flowers

“Thanks” Nancy said as she took the flowers and had a confused look on her face

“Wow, they are beautiful, I think you have an admirer” Roo said as Nancy opened the card attached to the flowers

“Thinking of you…see you tonight, Donavan” Nancy said with a smile as Roos heart sank while she attempted to smile

Beach-Summer Bay

Steve opened his eyes and looked around, he had fallen asleep on the beach. He looked at his watch, it was 7:30am, he sighed. Pippa was going to be mad. Steve rubbed his eyes and got up and walked fast then began running, he wanted to get home before Pippa woke up

Martin sat on the sand and smiled as he watched Megan surf, he usually came straight to the beach after work to watch her surf, he couldn’t believe how he felt about her,. He put his hand in his pocket and pulled out a little box, he opened the box and looked at the ring and smiled, it was perfect, she was perfect ad he was happy.

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Brian, tell Steve to get a move on” Pippa said as she walked pass their room and saw that Steve bed had not been slept in. Pippa opened the door

“Where is Steve?” Pippa said

“Maybe he is already in the shower” Bran said

“No, Carly is in the shower’ Pippa said

“I don’t know, maybe he went for a run” Brian said as Pippa looked suspicious and went down the stairs. When she got to the bottom, she heard the door open slowly, as she stood there Steve, crept in then closed the door behind him and when he turned around Pippa was looking at him

“Steve where have you been?” Pippa said

“I was out” Steve said

“Excuse me?” Pippa said

“I said I was out” Steve said

“You know what time you have to be home on a school night” Pippa said

“I felt like staying out longer” Steve said

“Well because of that, the rules are changing for you, you come straight home from school, no going out after school or on the weekends for two weeks” Pippa said as Steve laughed

“You can’t do that” Steve said

“Yes I can and I just did” Pippa said

“Yeah whatever” Steve said and walked away

“I have not finished speaking to you” Pippa said as Steve ignored her and continued up the stairs

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry it a bit late :)

Chapter 122

Bobby reached out and picked up the envelope that was next to her on the bed. She looked directly at her category for “Business Person of the Year” and smiled. Never in her life did she expect to even be nominated. The Alf Stewarts of the world get nominated, not her…she didn’t even know how she got nominated for that and Caterer of the year but either way, she was grateful. The ceremony was next month, she had nothing to wear, Bobby sighed, she thought about the dresses that Brett gave her but no way would they fit right now, Bobby laughed and got up. She would have to go and buy one soon then she reached for her towel on the chair and went towards the bathroom

Beach-Summer Bay

“You are amazing on the board” Martin said as Megan walked up to him

“Thanks” Megan said as Martin kissed her cheek

“You need to give me lessons” Martin said as he looked at Megan drying herself off

‘Maybe” Megan said with a smile

“Can I talk to you about something?” Martin said as he became nervous

“Sure” Megan said as she sat down next to Martin

“I know we have not known each other for long but I have never felt this way about a woman before” Martin said as Megan smiled

“I really like you, a lot” Megan said

“I really like you” Megan said

“No…what I am trying to say is that I love you and I can’t think of not spending my life with you…will you marry me?” Martin said then took out a little box from his pocket and opened it to show Megan a ring

Megan gasped “Martin it’s gorgeous” Megan said

“So what do you say? Martin said

“Martin, I really like you…but I am not ready for this” Megan said as Martin put his head down

“I am sorry…I just thought that…’ Martin said

“I have so many things I want to do before I settle down..besides, we are way too young to get married” Megan said

“Yeah, I supposed young marriages are cursed around here, Bobby ad Frank didn’t even make it six months” Martin said with a half laugh

“Bobby and Frank?” Megan said surprised

“Yeah,  they were married for a short while last year then Frankie left and his new wife followed him and they got married” Martin said as Megan had a curious but interested smile on her face

“So what happens now?” Martin said as Megan out her arms around Martins neck

“I do like you....but nothing heavy ok…not now anyway” Megan said

“Can you promise me that in the future we can get serious?” Martin said

“I can’t make a promise” Megan said

“We can you promise to think about it?” Martin said then Megan laughed

“Sure, I need to go and take a shower, don’t want to be late for my first day back” Megan said then she kissed Martin and gathered her things

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Let’s go” Steve said to Brian who was sitting at the table eating cereal

“Are you not going to have any breakfast” Pippa said as Steve stood at the door

“Not hungry” Steve said

“Hold on a minute, you can take Sal to school’ Pippa said as Steve rolled his eyes

“Hurry up” Steve said to Sally as she ate her cereal

“Me and Milko are not finished yet” Sally said

“Will you give it a rest with this Milko garbage” Steve said

“Steve, don’t talk like that…what is the matter with you?” Pippa said concerned

“Nothing, just stop asking me questions” Steve said as Brian got up

“We better get going or we are going to be late” Brian said and smiled at Pippa as Sally also got up from the table

“Now, do you have everything?” Pippa said as she gave Sally her school bag

“Yes” Pippa said then she handed Sally her lunch then she gave one sandwich bag to Brian and she put her hand out to give one to Steve who ignored her and left

“Straight home after school” Pippa said to Steve as he left

“I’ll pick you up later” Pippa said then kissed Sally’s head then she went outside to catch up with Steve

“Is that all you are going to have?” Donald said as he looked at Bobby drinking juice

“I am going to have something at the diner” Bobby said then she felt something in her stomach

“Oh” Bobby said

“What is it?” Donald said

“The baby just kicked” Bobby said and put her hand on her stomach

“Here, feel it” Bobby said and she put Donald’s hand on her stomach and smiled

“Hello I’m your grandfather” Donald said as Bobby smiled then he hugged her

Summer Bay

“Come on just wag” Revhead said

“I can’t, I’m already in trouble for staying out last night” Steve said as Revhead, Brian and two other guys laughed

“Steve we have to go” Sally said from the distance

“I have to take her to school as well” Steve said annoyed

“How old is she, cant she go to school by herself?” Revhead said

“She’s eight” Steve said

“Call her over” Revhead said

“Sal, come here” Steve said as Sally reluctantly went over to where the boys were standing

“Hi Sal, I was just telling Steve here that you are a big girl. You can go to school by yourself” Revhead said as he bent down and looked at Sally

“I am not allowed to go by myself” Sally said and she stood next to Steve

“I’m not going to tell and the boys are not going to tell” Revhead said as Sally looked at Steve

“Ok” Sally said then she walked off into the distance

“See, let’s go” Revhead said as Steve followed behind then, looking back once to see Sally walking off

Edison Agency-Manhattan

Nancy smiled to herself as she looked at Roo staring at her flowers

“I really hate these last minute mixers, especially when you have plans for the weekend” Nancy said

“You have plans with Donavan?” Roo said

“Yeah, he has been in the City the last few days on business, we are going out tonight, I’ll just ask him to meet me at the mixer first” Nancy said

“I am going to head off, I want to rush home and get changed before the mixer” Nancy said

“Alright, I’ll see you there” Roo said as Nancy smiled and picked up her flowers and walked out of the office. As Roo watched Nancy walk out, her heart sank…she still thought about Donavan a lot but she tried to push those feelings aside to make a go of this with Frank. Roo sighed and looked down after her paperwork…it was going to be an interesting evening…

Summer Bay

Breakout, don't stop to ask
Now you've found a break to make it last
You've got to find a way
Say what you want to say; breakout
You've got to find a way
Some people stop at nothing
If you're searching for something
Lay down the law, shout out for more
Breakout and shout day in and day out
You've got to find a way
Don't stop to ask
You've got to find a way

Bobby tapped her finger on the steering wheel as she listened to the song on the radio, her baby kicked and for the first time she felt like the baby’s mother. She didn’t know what she was having, she was going for her scan next week. As Bobby drove, from the corner of her eye, she could see a familiar figure walking on the side of the road then she sped up and wound her window down

“Sal, why are you by yourself?” Bobby said very concerned

“I’m going to school” Sally said

“Sal, you know you are not supposed to be by yourself, get in, let me take you” Bobby said as Sally walked around to the back opened the door and sat inside

“Does Pippa know you are by yourself?” Bobby said as she indicated and began driving. Sally didn’t respond

“What’s going on Sal?” Bobby said as she looked in her rearview mirror

“Steve was taking me to school then his friends were talking to him and they said I am old enough to go to school by myself’ Sally said as Bobby sighed

Bayside Diner-Summer Bay

“Hello again” Grant said as he walked to the counter

“Hi, what can I get you?” Carly said as she smiled at him

“Well I think a coffee is all I can afford, I seem to have misplaced my wallet with all my money” Grant said

“Oh I am sorry to hear that, do you know when it happened?” Carly said as she poured the coffee

“Not sure, might have happened on the beach, I went for a swim” Grant said

“I’m sorry to hear that, here have a slice of cake on me” Carly said as she cut a slice of chocolate cake and put it on a plate and gave it to Grant

“Oh no, I can’t accept that” Grant said

“It’s no problem, you live at our place, I don’t want you to have a bad experience in Summer Bat…do you know how long you are staying?” Cary said then Bobby came into the diner

“I just saw Sal walking to school by herself” Bobby said as she put her keys in the cupboard and picked up a clip board on the counter

“Well I am not sure , I will be teaching at Summer Bay High starting next week but I wanted to come down, get a feel for the place and meet the Headmaster, Mr. Fisher. I heard he is a real dragon” Grant said as Carly laughed

“So, is he really that bad” Grant said looking at Bobby

‘I don’t think you should be asking her..Mr. Fisher is her father” Carly said as Grant looked horrified as Bobby smiled

“It’s ok, we never got on when I was at school anyway” Bobby said and picked up the phone

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“It’s just you and me Christopher” Pippa said as she lifted Christopher from his high chair and he ran over to his toys

“Phone ringing”

Pippa walked over to the phone and picks up the receiver

“”Summer Bay Caravan park” Pippa said

“Pippa it’s me” Bobby said

“Hello Sweetheart, how are you?” Pippa said with a smile

“Good, hey I saw sally walking to school by herself” Bobby said

“what?” Pippa said annoyed

“I was on my way to the diner and I saw her walking so I took her to school” Bobby said

“Steve was supposed to be taking her, I don’t know what is wrong with him but lately he has been really rude and disrespectful lately and he stayed out late last night” Pippa said

“Do you want me to talk to him?” Bobby said

“No, he will know I have been speaking to you” Pippa said

“I’ll just ask him why Sal was walking to school by herself” Bobby said

“Thank you” Pippa said

“Guess what, the baby kicked” Bobby said excited

“Really? That is wonderful” Pippa said

“Are you still coming to the scan with me next week?” Bobby said

“Try and stop me” Pippa said then she heard a knock at the door and turned around

“I have to go someone is at the door” Pippa said

“Ok, I’ll talk to you later” Bobby said and she put the phone down

Pippa put the phone down and walked to the door, it was Michael

“Hello Pippa, just wanted to pay my rent” Michael said as Pippa opened the door

“Right, let me just get a receipt book, come in” Pippa said as Michael entered the house

Pippa returned with the receipt book as Michael gave her the money. Pippa counted it then wrote out a receipt and gave it to Michael

“So how is your business going?” Pippa said

“It’s getting there, the last few weeks have been busy, Celia has been doing some marketing for me so that definitely helps” Michael said

“Right” Pippa said sounding not interested as Michael stared at her

“Is there something else?” Pippa said

“No…nothing. Have a good day” Michael said and turned around and left the house as Pippa watched him walkaway

Bayside Diner- Summer Bay

Bobby laughed as Ailsa and Carly put their hand on her stomach “I think we have a shy one here” Ailsa said

‘Come one you guys, I’ll let you know when the little one is kicking again” Bobby said as she lightly tapped their hands away and smiled and wiped down the counter

“Hello Bobby” when Bobby looked up it was Geoff

“Hi, I didn’t expect to see you “Bobby said

“I just wanted to come by and say hello. I have half a day today and wanted to know if you wanted to go to the Yabbie Creek ad grab some lunch there” Geoff said

“I’m not sure, I have a few things to do here” Bobby said…she lied

“Well ill come at 12 anyway, in case you finished” Geoff said then he waved as Bobby half smiled

“Geoff appears to be a nice bloke” Ailsa said, Bobby didn’t respond

“I know it might be too soon to date but there is nothing wrong with going out for the afternoon” Ailsa said

“I don’t know Ailsa, I just have the worst luck with men and besides…Geoff isn’t really my type” Bobby said

“It takes more than look to build a good relationship” Ailsa said

“I know that but I have the baby coming, relationships are the last thing I need” Bobby said

“I know love but if he really likes you, that is one more person to help love and take care of your baby..think about it..I’m just going to the bank” Ailsa said then she walked around the counter and out the door

Manhattan-New York

Roo exhaled then opened the doors to the restaurant, as instructed she walked to the back of the restaurant where the entrance to the private room was. When the waiter opened the door, there were a few Edison employees as well as some business execs. Roo took off her coat and handed it to the waiter who hung it up. She looked around the room and smile and waved at Helen. Roo walked over to the buffet table, picked up a plate and picked a few things up and put them on it then she turned around to eat then her heart sank, Donavan and Nancy just arrived. Roo was looking everywhere but at Donavan, he was still so good looking, her heart was beating fast, she had to put the plate down or she was going to drop it. She reached for some water and sipped it until she calmed down

“Good evening” when Roo turned around she was met with Donavan’s bright eyes

“Hi, how are you?” Roo said as she got those butterflies in her stomach

“Good, how have you been?” Donavan said with a smile

“Good, yeah, good” Roo said nervously

“There you are, I thought I lost you, I’m just going to make the rounds then we can leave” Nancy said to Donavan and smiled at Roo then she walked away

“So, you’re here with Nancy” Roo said faking a smile

“Yes I am” Donavan said as he looked at Roo

“Good, she is a nice lady, you are a lucky guy” Roo said smiling

“Yes, she is nice” Donavan said as he looked at Nancy across the room

“I’ve just seen a business associate, it was nice to see you, have a good evening” Donavan said then turned around

“Didn’t I mean anything to you?’ Roo said as she surprised herself. Donavan turned around

“You reminded me several times that you made your choice…remember?” Donavan said then he turned around and walked towards Nancy. Roo watched as Donavan kissed Nancy on the cheek then slip an arm around her waist. Roo couldn’t watch anymore, she turned around as she felt herself about to cry s she thought if she made a terrible mistake

Bobby sipped her fruit juice and as she looked through a magazine

“Hi” Bobby looked up it was Grant

“Ho, how did the meeting go with my dad?” Bobby said and smiled

“About that, I am really sorry about what I said earlier” Grant said

“It’s ok, I said much worse when I was in school” Bobby said

‘What can I get you?” Bobby said

“Well I found some money in my car so I think I will have a toasted tuna sandwich please” Grant said

“Coming up” Bobby said and smiled

Manhattan-New York

Frank laughed at the TV show he was watching as he heard Roo open the door

“Oh Hi, I didn’t expect you back so soon” Frank said as Roo closed the door, took her coat off and hung it on the closet door

“I had a bit of a headache and just said to Helen that I wanted to leave early’ Roo said as she sat next to Frank and took her shoes off

“I hope that’s not going to affect your promotion ” Frank said

“No it’s ok, besides, Helen loves me after I brought in the Macys client” Roo said as she rested her head on Franks shoulder

“Good, it’s nice to have you home, it’s nice to just be here relaxing together” Frank said

“Yeah” Roo said

“Anything else happen today? Frank said

“No…nothing at all” Roo said as she sighed and looked at the TV while Frank laughed.

“Wow you look great Meghan” Carly said as she looked at her friend from school

“Thanks, being married to a really rich man does that to you” Meghan said as she put her hand out for Carly to see her ring

"Wow, that is beautiful" Carly said jealous as Meghan smiled

“So are you seeing anyone”?’ Meghan said

“Yes, he is in the Army, he is coming down tonight to take me out” Carly said with a smile on her face

“Army man? That’s exciting, when you get that ring, you will be travelling the world with him” Meghan said a she smiled

“Here you go, one toasted tuna sandwich, enjoy” Bobby said as she put the plate in front of Grant then went over to the booth to pick up an empty glass

“Hey Bobby, you remember Meghan right?” Carly said as Bobby looked at Meghan

“Yeah” Bobby said and smiled

“Bobby is co-owner of this place” Carly said proudly

“I know, I bumped into Roo Stewart and Frank Morgan in the city” Meghan said as Bobby’s heart sank

“He said he was married to you, you are divorced now right?” Bobby smiled and walked back to the counter and put the glass down then picked up a cloth and wiped the counter down as Grant chewed his sandwich and watched her, listening to the entire conversation

“She’s still pretty cut up about it” Carly said

“Not surprising that they broke up, I don’t know what he ever saw in her..she will always be the town derro” Meghan said as Bobby sighed and Grant looked behind at Meghan

“Is that the time, I got to rush, lets catch up before I leave town” Meghan said with a big smile

“No…I don’t think so” Carly said looking at Meghan

“Right…umm I better go then, Bobby looks like she is going to kill me..well take care of yourself and your Army man” Meghan said looking at Bobby one more time then rushing out the door. Carly sighed then walked to the kitchen where Bobby was standing

“Are you alright?’ Carly said

“Fine…I won’t be long” Bobby said then she picked up her fruit salad and walked out of the diner as Grant watched her go

Dr Rose and Associates- The City

“I’m sorry Ms. Stewart, its negative” Dr Rose said as Barbra sighed

“Are you sure? Can I take the test again?” Barbra said

“No, the test is very accurate” Dr Rose said

“You said that it was fine to start trying again after the miscarriage’ Barbra said

“I did but that doesn’t mean you will get pregnant straight away, besides what is the rush?’ Dr Rose said

“My boyfriend is younger than I am and he really wants to have kids and I am not getting any younger” Barbra said

“Have you looked into adoption or fostering as an option?” Dr Rose said

“No it’s not an option Dr Rose. You don’t understand, I need to get pregnant and quick” Barbra said then she got up and walked out of the office as Dr Rose looked at her leave. As Barbra got inside her car and shut the door she sighed. She wasn’t lying, she had to get pregnant very fast. Since she miscarried two months ago, she had been trying very hard to get pregnant but again no luck. Barbra sighed then pulled the padding from under her seat and stuffed it under her shirt then started the engine and drove off.

Chapter 123

Beach-Summer Bay

Bobby put a grape in her mouth then wiped her face. What Meghan said really hurt and under normal circumstances Bobby would shove her head in the toilet but she just had to stand there and hear the facts as she recalled what Meghan said , . Bobby sighed then put another grape in her mouth and for the first time, she thought about Frank and Roo enjoying their life in New York and wondered if Frank would’ve really stayed if she asked him to then she felt the baby kick

“Oh you like grapes do you? Like Father like baby” Bobby said and smiled

“Hi” Bobby looked up to see Grant standing over her

“Sorry to bother you, do you mind if I take a seat?” Grant said

“Sure, is there something wrong?” Bobby said as Grant sat down

“No, nothing at all, as a matter of fact that sandwich you made was delicious” Grant said

“Thanks, its one of our popular items on the menu” Bobby said

“Well, I am not surprised. Hey  I don’t mean to poke my nose in but I overheard what that girl said back there” Grant said as he pointed to the diner

“I could see that it upset you and I wanted to see if you are alright” Grant said

“Thanks but I am fine, she wasn’t saying anything that wasn’t true’ Bobby said as she put a chunk of pineapple in her mouth

“Sorry to hear that” Grant said

“That’s life I guess” Bobby said as she got up

“Hey, before you go, I don’t know you and you don’t know me but from the little I have seen of you, I would say you are very far from the town derro” Grant said with a smile

‘Thanks” Bobby said then she walked away

As Bobby walked back to the diner she decided that she wasnt going to attend the awards ceremony, she wasn’t going to win anyway and it would be one more thing for people to laugh at her about

“Hey Bobby” Bobby looked up to see Geoff running towards her

“Hi” Bobby said

“Hi, so have you finished everything you wanted to do?” Geoff said as Bobby sighed

“I have a few more things left to do” Bobby said she lied

“Cant you do that later, you work so hard, lets go out for the afternoon- my treat?” Geoff said as Bobby sighed. Geoff was not her type but Ailsa mentioned that making a relationship work was about more than looks. Bobby sighed

“Ok” Bobby said with a smile

“Great, lets go” Geoff said excited

“I have to go to the diner quickly first” Bobby said as her and Geoff walked back to the diner

Stewart Shop- Summer Bay

“G’day Alf” Michael said as he entered the store

“G’day” Alf said as he turned around to see Michael. Alf watched as Michael walked over and picked up some tape then walked to the counter

“Just this thanks” Michael said as he put the tape on the counter and took some money out of his pocket

“Michael, Ive been wanting to have a word” Alf said

“Oh? What about?” Michael said confused

“About Celia” Alf said

“What about her?” Michael said

“I want to know what your intentions are” Alf said

“You want to know what?’ Michael said and laughed

“I want to know what your intentions are with my sister” Michel said

“I don tthink that is any of your business” Michael said

“When a bloke waltzes into town and is taking up with my sister I have a right to know” Alf said

“Taking up? Look, I like Celia, she has been a great help with my business and she is a great cook, we are friends” Michael said

“Is that all?” Alf said

“Its all you need to know, keep the change” Michael said then picked up the tape and walked out of the store as Alf watched him

Beach- Waldorf Creek

Brian inhaled the cigarette then blew the smoke out then he picked up the half bottle of beer and drank it

“Beats school anyday” Brian said as he threw the empty can on the floor

“So we on for tonight?’ Revhead said looking at Steve who had fallen asleep

“Yeah, what time?” Brian said

“10pm, what about him?” Revhead said pointing at Steve

“Ill make sure he will be there” Brian said

“Yeah, to hold your hand’ Revhead said as he and the other boys began to laugh

“Its going to be a piece of cake’ Brian said

“Yeah, you have never done anything like that before” Revhead said

“That’s what you think, remember that fire last year in Summer Bay?” Brian said

“Yeah, the shop’ Revhead said

“What about it?” Revhead said

“That was me” Brian said with a sly smile

“Ya jokin aren’t cha?” Revhead said sounding impressed

“Dead set” Brian said

“You do know that someone was killed in the fire’ Revhead said

“Yeah so?” Brian said

“His uncle’ Revhead said with a smile as he pointed as Steve who was still asleep then he and the others began to laugh as Brian looked at Steve with a look of surprise on his face.

Shopping centre-Yabbie Creek

Background Music-Frank and Bobbys theme

Bobby smiled as Geoff told her a story about one of the cows he has on the farm he owns with his family. They walked through the shopping centre talking, stopping to get some ice-cream. Bobby had to admit to herself that she was having a nice time. It felt good to be with someone who really liked her and Geoff really did. She didn’t feel the same way as he did but maybe that might change, Bobby thought to herself.

“Wait here, close your eyes, Ill be back in a minute’ Geoff said

‘Geoff, what are you talking about/’ Bobby said

“Stand right here, close your eyes ill be back’ Geoff said then he rushed off while Bobby stood waiting for him . A short time after, Geoff returned

‘You can open your eys now” Geoff said

When Bobby opened her eyes, Geoff was holding a yellow teddy bear

“I wanted to get something for the baby” Geoff said as he handed Bobby the bear

“You really shouldn’t have” Bobby said, the bear was cute, Bobby smiled

“I wanted to’ Geoff said

“I am a bit tired now, do you mind if we go” Bobby said

‘Yes, of course…got to get you home and your feet up’ Geoff said as they walked towards the car. As they walked Geoff reached out and held Bobbys hand, this shocked her and she didn’t know what to do but eventually gripped Geoffs hand and he looked at her and smiled.

End of background music

The Bistro-The City

‘Oh G’day Ms Stewart, how are ya” Narelle said as Barbra walked into the Bistro

“Im fine Narelle, just a bit tired” Barbra said

“Yeah, I gues being pregnant does that to ya” Narelle said and laughed

“Is Matt around?’ Barbra said

“Ill just get him for ya” Narelle said and she walked towards the office in the back. A short while later, Matt walked out to the front

‘Hi, how was everything with the appointment/’ Matt said

“Fine, everything is fine, it was just a check up, my blood pressure, stuff like that” Barbra said

“Good, the next time you have a scan let me know, I think its about time I said hello to my son’ Matt said

“Y..yes,,,, Ill let you know…let me see the menu, me and the little one are hungry” Barbra said with a forced smile as Matt grabbed her a menu. How was she going to pull this off..she had to think of something and fast

Caravan park-Summer Bay

Pippa looked at her watch, it was 4;45pm and Steve and Brian were not home, she sighed. She had to start dinner soon because Alex would be arriving shortly.

“Phone ringing”

Pippa walked over to the phone and picked up the receiver

“Summer Bay caravan park” Pippa said

“Oh, hello Pippa, how are you?’ Donald said

“Good Donald, how are you?” Pippa said

“Just fine. I just wanted to ask you to remind you to send the absence slips with Brian and Steve on Monday” Donald said

“Absence slips?” Pippa said confused

“Hmm yes, I assume you took them out of school for a reason” Donald

“Took them out of school? what are you talking about Donald, Brian and Steve left the house this morning on their way to school” Pippa said confused

“Well they certainly didn’t arrive” Donald said

“I am sorry Donald, I will get to the bottom of this..thank you for letting me know” Pippa said then she put the phone down angry

Fisher Residence Summer Bay

“Thank you for the outing and the bear’ Bobby said as she got to her door

“Thank you for coming with me’ Geoff said

“Well ill see you later” Bobby said as she turned around to open the door

“Bobby, wait” Geoff said as Bobby turned around

“I know we haven’t known each other long but I really like you and I hope that you wil like me. I want to be ther for you and the baby” Geoff said

“I don’t know Geoff’ Bobby said

“Please think about it, I will give you everything you want, make you happy” Geoff said as Bobby sighed. There was only one man she dreamt of, only one man she wanted, only one man she still wished for

“Lets see how things go ok” Bobby said and before she could continue, Geof leaned forward and gently kissed her on the lips

“Im sorry, I couldn’t help myself..I will make you really happy” Geoff said then he kissed Bobbys hand and walked away. Bobby sighed as she watched him walk away then she opened the front door to see her fher sitting in the living room reading the paper

“Oh hello, I didn’t expect you this early” Donald said

“I went out for the afternoon with Geoff” Bobby said as she sat down

“He brought this for the baby” Bobby said as she took the bear out of the bag and showed it to Donald

“He is a nice young man, I am glad you are giving him a chance..are you hungry? Ill get dinner ready” Donald said

“Im going to dinners t the caravan park, Reverend Jones is coming over’ Bobby said

“Never mind, I guess its dinner for one then’ Donald said with a smile as Bobby looked at the bear and thought about what Geoff said

Chapter 124

Stewart Shop-Summer Bay

‘Hello love” Ailsa said as she walked into the shop

“Hello’ Alf said while his mind drifted

“Is everything alright?” Ailsa said concerned

“Sorry, love just miles away. Michael came in, I had a word with him and he basically told me to mind my business where he and Celia are concerned” Alf said

“Sorry I suggested that you speak to him’ Ailsa said

‘Its not your fault love, I just wish I knew what was going on, after the stuff with the Rev, I don’t want Celia getting her hopes up again” Alf Said

“Maybe I should have a talk to her, woman to woman” Ailsa said

‘Would you? thanks love” Alf said

“Ill go and pick up Duncan and try my best” Ails said as Alf cam from around the counter and gave her a hug

Manhattan New York

Frank opened his eyes and looked to his left, the clock read 3:30am, Frank sighed and rubbed his face, he had to be up in two and a half hours for work. He looked at Roo  who was fast asleep next to him. Since he got back from Austrailia he had been unable to have a full nights sleep, he always woke up halfway through. His stomach bug was much better but he just couldn’t get a full nights sleep. Frank was dreading going to work, he had to pretend he was happy for Andy even though he knew that promotion was his. Brett Macklin strikes again he thought to himself. Roo turned over and snuggled under Franks arm, he looked down at her, she was warming up to the idea of starting a family very soon and this made him happy. Soon, he will have the family he always wanted, Frank smiled and closed his eyes and tried to go back to sleep.

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Brian and Steve sat at the dining table while Pippa stood up with her arms folded and very annoyed

“So neither of you have anything to say?” Pippa said as Steve and Brian didn’t respond

“What if something happened to Sally this morning?” Pippa said

“Nothing happened to her” Steve said

“That’s because Bobby happened to be driving by and picked her up” Pippa

“Congratulations for Bobby” Steve said as Brian smiled to himself

‘Brian you can go upstairs and do your homework” Pippa said

“Im sorry Pippa, I wont wag school again’ Brian said as Pippa ignored him and he went up the stairs. When he got to the top he saw Sallys door open. Sally could hear someone walking and she turned around, when she saw Brian she ran over to her bed and picked up the Bear Frank gave her and hugged it tight

“You little dobber” Brian said as he walked into Sallys room

“I didn’t dob” Sally said

“Yes you did, why did Bobby tell Pippa then “ Brian said as he walked closer to Sally

“Im sorry” Sally said holding the bear tighter

“Where are your imaginary friends?” Brian said and started laughing then he stood right in front of Sally who closed her eyes

“BOO” Brian said and Sally jumped then he left the room and laughed

When Sally head him walk away, she opened her eyes and a tear fell down her cheek

““Steve what is the matter with you? Pippa said as she sat down opposite Steve

‘Lately I don’t recognize you” Pippa said

“Maybe its you that’s changed not me” Steve said

“What did I do?” Pippa said confused

“Treating me like a child, I am not a child and I have my own money” Steve said

“Steve, where is this coming from, I am not treating you like a child” Pippa said

“Yes you are, why am I grounded/ you never grounded Bobby or Carly when they stayed out’ Steve said

“They never stayed out all night”  Pippa said as Steve rolled his eyes

“Steve, I love you, you are my son but if you are no longer happy here, I can ask Mrs Malloy to find you a new foster home” Steve said

“Yeah, whatever, I am going to be 18 next year then ill be out of here” Steve said as he got up and walked away as the door knocked. Pippa sighed then she got up and opened it to see Reverend Jones smiling. When she saw his face she burst into tears and hugged him really tight as he looked confused

Fisher Residence- Summer Bay

“That looks nice” Donald said as he came into the kitchen

“Thanks, its just a quick dessert for dinner tonight, you can come if you want, I don’t think Pippa would mind” Bobby said

“No no, you go, besides, I already cooked my dinner” Donald said as he sat down at the table and watched Bobby finish off her cheese cake.

“Can you believe its only four months until Christmas time, its feels like yesterday that we were putting away the decorations” Donald said

“Yeah, I know’ Bobby said

“Alf and Ailsa will be off in New York visiting Frank and Ruth and Celia mentioned something about going to see her parents” Donald said as he opened a newspaper. Bobbys heart sank s she picked up the cheese cake and put it in the fridge

“Im just going to take a shower and get changed

“I think we should invite Geoff around for dinner one of these days” Donald said

‘Dad…don’t” Bobby said

‘Don’t what? I just said we should invite him for dinner, are you really going to begrudge the man a meal? Donald said as Bobby shook her head and walked out of the ktchen.

Stewart Snr Residence

“Hello Celia its only me” Ailsa said as she opened the door and Duncan came running towards her with a big smile

“Hello love, did you have a good time with your Auntie Celia?” Ailsa said as she ruffled Duncans hair

“We had a wonderful time” Celia said as she smiled

“Something smells good” Ailsa said

“Yes, Michael is coming ver for dinner shortly” Celia said with a smile

“You two seems to be spending a lot of time together” Ailsa said

“Yes, we have developed a friendship” Ails said

“Is that all it is” Ailsa said

“Well he hasn’t asked for my hand in marriage…yet” Celia said and started laughing

“Is that what you want?” Ails said

“Ailsa ever since I was a little girl, Ive dreamed of being married Celia said

“Pippa said that Michael recently got divorced” Ails said

“Yes, his ex was a horrible woman” Celia said

“Usually when people divorce they are not ready to jump into a serious relationship so soon’ Ailsa said

“Sometimes it just takes meeting the right person for that all to change, let me just get Duncan’s bag” Celia said with a smile and she went off to get Duncans bag

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“Is tonight still on?” Brian said as Steve walked into the bedroom

‘Yeah, why not?” Steve said as he sat on the bed

“I dunno, I thought you would chicken out after what Pippa said

“No way” Steve said as he layed on his bed

“Revhead was saying there was a big fire here last year” Brian said

“Yeah, Celia Stewarts store. Bobby my brother frank  and my uncle Phil lived in the flat at the back” Steve said

“Yeah, you mentioned your uncle Phil, I thought you said he died?” Brian said

“He did, in the fire” Steve said

“Geez, sorry about that mate” Brian said as Steve sat up on the bed

“If I ever find out who did it, I am going to kill them’ Steve said with a very serious look on his face as Brian looked at him

Emotional background music

Sally stood behind the door and cried then wiped her face. She held her bear tight. She had not told anybody what had been going on with Brian, she didn’t want to get in trouble . Sally wiped her face again and exhaled then looked at the bear

“Its ok Milko, everything is going to be fine’ Sally said then she wiped her face again. She had a plan

“Im sorry’ Pippa said

“You have nothing to be sorry about Philippa, what are old friends for” Reverend Jones said with a smile

“I know but I just don’t know what to do about Steve, the last few months he has changed. I think he is no longer happy here, maybe I am doing something wrong now that Tom is gone so I told him that I can ask Mrs Malloy to place him at another Foster home” Pippa said then she wiped her face then Reverend Jones grabbed her hand

“I am sure its not you, he is a teenager finding his way’ Reverend Jones said

“I want to call Frank but I don’t want him to think I cant cope” Pippa said

“Im sure he wouldn’t think that” Reverend Jones said

“Youre right but I need to be able to take care of things like this myself” Pippa said

“Well I m here if you need me” Reverend Jones said as the door opened

“Oh Hi Reverend Jones  Carly said and walked over gave Reverend Jones a hug then looked at Pippa

“Is something wrong?” Carly said and she sat down

“No nothing, how are you?” Pippa said faking a smile

“Good” Carly said

‘Youre home early, does Bobby know you are wagging”? Pippa said

“It was quiet and Mrs Stewart said we can close up and Bobby wagged herself, she went to the Yabbie Creek with Geoff’ Carly said as Reverend Jones looked concerned

“Besides, I have a date tonight so I wont be here for dinner” Carly said

“Ben is in town?” Pippa said

“Yes, he is picking me up in, 20 minutes, I need to go and get ready” Carly said

“Reverend Jones you will really like him” Carly said and she got up

“Im sure I will” Reverend Jones said and smiled as Carly walked away

Bobby parked her car then got out then she walked around to the passenger side, opened the door and took out the cheese cake

“Let me help you” Bobby turned around to see Grant rushing forward

“Thanks’ Bobby said as she closed her car door

“How are you?’ Grant said

“Good…thanks for earlier” Bobby said

“Hi Bobby” Bobby looked to her left to see Megan walking towards her

“Hi’ Bobby said annoyed

“Hi, I am Megan” Megan said to Grant and put out her hand for him to shake it

“Hi, I m Grant” he said looking at Megan wow, she is beautiful he thought to himself and he shook her hand

“Do you live in Summer Bay?’ Grant said

“Sort of, I am a supply teacher at the high school its been almost four months so I am crossing my fingers that its permanent” Megan said crossing her fingers

“I  guess I will be joining you, I am a History teacher, I start on Monday” Grant said

“Sounds good” Megan said

“Thanks Grant, I got to go” Bobby said as she took the cheese cake from Grant

“Bobby, if you hear from Frank, please tell him I said hello” Megan said with a smile as Bobby faked a smile back then walked away

Stewart Residence- Summer Bay

“Well she didn’t give too much away but I think your suspicions are right, she thinks the friendship with Michael might turn into something else” Ailsa said as she looked at the pie she had in the oven

“What do we do Ails?” Alf said

“Celia is an adult, we have to leave her to make her own decisions” Ails said

“I know love but Celia has never been lucky in love” Alf said

“I know love but there is nothing we can do but hope for the best” Ailsa said with a reassuring smile

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Mmmmm this is wonderful Roberta” Reverend Jones said after he swallowed some cheesecake

‘Nest time you have to come by the dinner for lunch” Bobby said with a smile

“I think I will do that” Reverend Jones said

"Oh' Bobby said

"Whats the matter" Pippa said

"The baby just kicked, I think cheesecake might be a favourite" Bobby said

"Do you mind if I feel?" Reverend Jones

"Not at all' Bobby said as Revered Jones put his hand on her stomach

"String kicking there young man" Reverend Jones said

"You think I am going to have a boy?" Bobby said

"I have a feeling" Reverend jones said with a smile

"Ok my turn now" Pippa said and she got up and stood next to Bobby and put her hand on Bobbys stomach

"Say hello to Grandma" Bobby said then the baby kicked and Pippa laughed

"Sal do you want to feel" Bobby said and Sally shook her head no

“Steve when are you planning one of your hiking trips” Reverend Jones said

“Hiking is for wimps” Steve said as Brian laughed

“Hey, watch your mouth” Bobby said

“Its true” Steve said

“Get out of here right now, I don’t want to see you out of your room” Pippa said as Steve gave her a mean look and walked out

“Im sorry Alex, I don’t know what is going on with him” Pippa said embarrassed

“No need to apologise” Reverend Jones said with a smile

“Sal are you alright, you hardly touched your cheesecake” Bobby said

“I am not hungry” Sally said as Pippa looked surprised. Brain looked at Sally and smiled as she looked down

“ Can I go to my room please” Sally said

“Are the kids at school giving you a hard time?’ Bobby said

“No…can I go to my room please” Sally said

“Alright sweetheart’ Pippa said as Sally left the table and Bobby and Pippa looked at each other

The City

“ We didn’t need to come all the way to the city, I would been happy with a hamburger as long as I am with you’ Carly said as Ben parked the car outside the restaurant

“I know but I havnt seen you and wanted to spoil you’ Ben said as he leaned over and kissed Carly. She was starting to like him a lot, like really like him. He wasn’t perfect but he treated her well.

“Come on’ Ben said as he got out of the and waited for Carly to do the same

“The Bistro, sounds expensive” Carly said as she looked at the name of the restaurant

“The food is supposed to be really good, a recommendation from a friend’ Ben said as he grabbed Carlys hand and they walked into the restaurant

“Hello welcome to The Bistro” the waiter said

“Just a table for two thanks” Ben said

“Please follow me” the waiter said as Ben and Carly followed behind him as he escorted then to a table with two chairs

“Your waitress will be hear shortly, can I get you some drinks in the meantime” The waiter said

‘Two beers” Ben said

”Just a water for me, thanks” Carly said

“A beer and a water coming up” The waiter said ad walked away

“You didn’t have to embarrass me like that’ Ben said

“Excuse me?’ Carly said confused

“I look 2 feet tall,, the waiter is gong to think I don’t even know what my girlfriend wants to drink” Ben said annoyed

“Sorry” Carly said She had a habit of saying the wrong things around Ben but she just liked him so much

“Carly?” when Carly looked up she was met with a familiar face

“Narelle, hi” Carly said and stood up and hugged her

“How are ya?” Narelle said

“Good, Bobby said you worked in a restaurant, I didn’t know it was this one” Carly said

“Yeah, been a here a few months” Narelle said

“Narelle this is Ben, my boyfriend” Carly said proudly

“Hi’ Narelle said as she smiled at Ben who nodded

“Here are your menus, I will come back in a minute to take your order” Narelle said as she gave them the menus and walked back over to the bar

“Its busy tonight, good for business’ Matt said as he came out of the office

“Yeah, Carly from Summer Bay is here” Narelle said as Matt got butterflies in his stomach  and looked around the restaurant excited then his smile disappeared as he saw Carly sitting opposite a guy who was holding her hand. Just at that moment, Carly looked up and her and Matt locked eyes and her heart sank. She must have held the gaze for a while because Ben looked around to see who she was looking at

“Who is that?’ Ben said

“Just someone I went to school with” Carly said as the waiter brought their drinks

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

Sally stood behind her bedroom door, when she heard it was quiet, she opened the door slowly and with her bear Mr Sparkles in her hand, she quietly walked down the stairs when she got down stairs she walked over to the desk and turned the light on then she opened the draw and took out the address book. She looked at the letters and opened F and looked for Franks number, she knew where it was because she dialed the number. Sally pulled the chair out and sat down then began to dial the number

Manhattan-New York

“Phone ringing”

Roo put her shoes on and looked at ther watch, her and Frank had to leave in two minutes or they would miss the train

“Hello’ Roo said as she picked up the phone

“Hello Roo, its Sally” Sall say

“Hi, how are you?” Roo said and rolled her eyes

“Can I speak to Frank please” Sally said

“Hes not here , isn’t it  bit late for you to be calling?” Roo said

“Can you please tell him to call me” Sally said

“Ok, I will’ Roo said

“Bye” Sally said then Roo put the phone down

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Sally got off from the chair and sat down on the couch

“See Milko, Frank will be here soon and everything will be alright and Brian will be gone” Sally said then she hugged her bear and snuggled up on the couch waiting for Frank to call

Manhattan-New York

Roo looked at the phone as she put the receiver donw

“Who was that?” Frank said as he came out of the bathroom

‘Nobody, a wrong number…lets go, we are going to be late” Roo said with a smile

Emotional music ends

Chapter 125

The Bistro- The City

Carly looked at the food on her plate, she lost her appetite. She looked over at Ben who was enjoying his food. Since she locked eyes with Matt, Carly couldn’t stop thinking about him. It had been over four months since she last saw him, for the most part she was forgetting him until tonight. He looked really good, mature, Carly thought to herself

‘Whats wrong with the food?” Ben said

“Hmm did you say something?’ Carly said as Ben wiped his mouth

“I said is there something wrong with your food, you have hardly touched it” Ben said looking annoyed

“The food is lovely’ Carly said and put some mash potato in her mouth

“You better eat it, I am spending a fortune on this meal” Ben said

‘Its fine, I promise’ Carly said as she reached out and grabbed Bens hand, he pushed her hand way and dropped his knife on the floor which startled Carly

“Is everything ok here?’ Carly looked up to see Matt looking at her

“Yes everything is fine” Ben said then Matt reached for a knife on the empty table and gave it to Ben then kneeled down in front of Carly and picked up the nice

“Hi” Matt said as he looked at Carly, Carly smiled

“Enjoy your meal” Matt said then stood up and walked away as Carly watched him then she looked at Ben who was chewing his food with an annoyed expression on his face

Manhattan-New York

‘Are you feeling better today?’ Nancy said as she sat down at the desk next to Roo’s

“Much better thanks, I was just really tired’ Roo said then she faked a smile

“Did you have a good night?’ Roo said

“Yes, Donavan and I didn’t stay much longer after you left, we went to a restaurant and then home, he had an early flight to catch” Nancy said as Roos heart sank

“Delivery for you Nancy” Kelly the reception staff said then she handed Nancy and envelope and walked away. Nancy opened the envelope and inside was a plan ticket and note. She read it then smiled to herself

“Whats that? Roo said

“Donavan sent me a plan ticket to go and spend the weekend with him” Nancy said with a huge smile as Roo’s heart sank even further

“You two have become quite the item” Roo said hoping she sounded excited for her friend

“Hopefully this time next year I will be Mrs” Nancy said and smiled

“Ruth, please come in for a second” Helen said as Roo smiled at Nancy then she got up and walked into Nancy office and closed the door

‘Sit down” Nancy said as Roo followed instructions

‘Something last minute has come up and I want you to take care of it” Helen said

“I need you to go to fly to Boston tonight and meet with one of our clients tomorrow for breakfast. He needs to go over some documents and sign’ Helen said

Roo was shocked, she was shocked that all these opportunities were happening to her

“Yes, yes of course, no problem’’ Roo said and smiled

‘Good, I knew I could count on you. Here is the file, familiarize yourself with the contract. Im going to have Kelly confirm your flight which leaves at 9pm from JFK and your hotel.  leave early and go home and pack a bag’ Kelly said

‘Thanks…umm Helen’ Roo said

‘Hmm’ Helen said not looking up from her papers

“My father is treating my husband and I to a honeymoon next month, I want to know if  can take a week off” Roo said

“After bringing in that Macys client, of course you can, just let me know the exact dates” Helen said

‘Thanks” Roo said then she got up and walked back to her desk smiling.

The Bistro-The City

“Thanks’ Narelle said as she put the tip in her pocket

‘ill tell Bobby that I saw you’ Carly said as she gave Narelle a hug and locked eyes with Matt again

‘Yeah, tell her to call me” Narelle said as she waved at Carly as she walked behind Ben out of the restaurant.

Background Music-Carly’s theme

Carly got into the car and shut the door. Ben got into the driver’s side then started the engine. He drove for a shot while then parked and turned the engine off

“Is something wrong?’ Carly said confused

“Do you think I am an idiot? Ben said

“What?’ Carly said

“I said do you think I am an idiot?’ Ben said

“No, I don’t” Carly said

“So why did you lie about who that guy really is?” Ben said

“I didn’t lie, we went to school together” Carly said

“So why was he staring at you like it was more” Ben said

“I don’t know,” Carly said

‘You’re lying’ Ben said as he gripped the steering wheel tight as Carly sighed

“We went out a few times, it was nothing’ Carly said

“So why lie” Ben said

“It didn’t mean anything” Carly said then Ben grabbed her arm really tight

"Ben that hurts" Carly said

“Don’t ever lie to me again, do you understand?” Ben said

“I I Promise, I wont” Carly said frightened as Ben hurt her arm then he let go, ran his hans through his hair and started the engine and drove off while Carly looked out of the window blaming herself for what just happened.

Background music ends

Stewart Sr Residence-Summer Bay

Michael looked at his watch

“Is that the time, its pretty late” Michael said then looked at Celia

‘I have a long day tomorrow” Michael said then he stood up and stretched and made his way to the door as Celia followed

“I really enjoyed dinner’ Michael said then he turned around and looked at Celia

“I am glad” Celia said and smiled then Michael leaned forward and kissed Celia on the lips

“Goodnight” Michael said

“Goodnight” Celia said and smiled then she closed the door and locked it and looked up “Maybe this is my second chance” Celia said then tuned the light off and made her way to her bedroom

Manhattan-New York

Background music  “Have you ever been alone” instrumental

Frank looked at the files on his desk, he felt like his work load had doubled in the last day. He took some documents out of one file and made some notes to follow up then the phone rang

“Macklin Corporation, Frank speaking” Frank said

“Hey Frank its me” Roo said

“Oh hi, its nice to hear your voice, Ive been stuck under this paper work all morning’ Frank said

‘Guess what, my boss just offered me an opportunity to go to Boston tonight to meet a client” Roo said excited

“What did you say?’ Frank said

“I said yes, what did you think I would say” Roo said

‘But it’s the weekend’ Frank said

“I wont be gone long, Ill be back on Saturday afternoon’ Roo said

“We decided to go an look at some houses remember to get some ideas for when the baby comes” Frank said

“Frank we can do that next week, this is really important” Roo said

“So is what we planned” Frank said disappointed

“…hey, come with me, lets make a weekend of it” Roo said

“We have to save money for the future remember” Frank said

‘Ok, I just thought it would be like a mini honeymoon….Helen is letting me go early to go home and pack, can you get off early and go to the airport with me?” Roo said

“I cant, I have so much work to do…look, Ill just see you when you get back” Frank said and he put the phone down. Any time he thought he and Roo were taking two steps forward, they were actually taking two steps backwards. Frank sighed then he pushed his seat back and pulled out his bag from under the desk. He opened the bag and unzipped one of the compartments and pulled out a small plastic bag then put his bag back and pushed his seat forward. Frank looked at the tissue tied up with the pink ribbon that was in the plastic bag then put the bag against his chest and exhaled

Bobby reached her arm out and picked up Alan’s bear and put it under the covers with her then she smiled and gently touched her stomach as her baby moved then she reached out and turned the light off then out her hand back on her stomach. ‘We love you Daddy ” Bobby said as she stared at the moon that shone through the curtain then closed her crying eyes and tried to get some sleep.

Background music ends

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Shh” Steve said as he and Brian made their way down the stairs

“I really thought you would chicken out” Brian whispered

“Shh” Steve said again as they got to the bottom of the stairs. Steve slowly opened the front door, waited for Brian to step out then he slowly closed the door behind him. Brian looked at him and smiled as they quietly left the caravan park.

Chapter 126

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Emotional Background Music

Lance opened the can of beer and sat on the couch. He was alone, Martin had gone to work. He hardly saw much of him since he was working nights and spending all his time with Megan. Lance on the other hand was working full time in the diner. He felt alone...He got up and walked over the bookcase and picked up a container. Lance sat back down on the couch and opened the container and pulled out the paper that Bobby gave him with Marilyns number. He wasn’t sure if Marilyn would want to speak to him and he delayed calling her because she hurt him but he missed her. Lance exhaled and then picked up the phone and dialed the number

“Hello is Marilyn there” Lance said

“Who is this?” Diane said

“Oh, its Lance” Lance said

“What do you want?” Diane said

“To speak to Marilyn” Lance said

“She doesn’t want to speak to you’ Diane said

“Who are you?’ Lance said

“Her cousin” Diane said

“Can you put Mazza on the phone” Lance said

“Listen, she spent weeks waiting for you to call, crying herself to sleep. Shes moved on now, she’s got a new boyfriend who loves her and spoils her, he is in the army you know. don’t call here again shes over you” Diane said then she put the phone down

Yabbie Creek

“Is everything alright?” Marilyn said as she came out of her room

“Yeah fine” Diane said

“I thought I heard the phone” Marilyn said

“You did, it was a wrong number” Diane said

“Oh, I was hoping it was Ben” Marilyn said with a smile

“I am really glad that you took my advise, he is perfect for you Linne” Diane said and smiled and Marilyn smiled too

End of background music

Manhattan-New York

Frank closed his eyes and exhaled again. Even though he kept the tissue tied with ribbon in his bag, This was the first time he had taken it out. He wanted to be close to her. Frank exhaled again

“Frank” Hearing his name startled Frank

“Jerry, whats up? Frank said as he put his hand on the table

“A few of us are going out for some drinks after work, why don’t you come? you never come with us” Jerry said

Frank sighed, Jerry was right, he had been invited a few times since he got back from Australia but always wanted to rush home to be with Roo because they would be starting a family soon…or so he thought

“Yeah, why not, I have nothing on tonight” Frank said

“Good” jerry said then walked away. Frank looked down at the plastic in his hand it had been 4 months since he got back, 4 months that he buried his feelings for her because he wanted to make things work with Roo. Even though Bobby was reluctant, she had agreed to start a family with him and she would’ve done it because she loved him, really loved him Frank thought to himself ’”Forget her’ Frank said under his breath then put the plastic back in his bag and continued with his work

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

Ben slowed down and stopped outside the caravan park

“Ben, I am really sorry for lying to you” Carly said as she turned to look at Ben

‘I didn’t mean to, I just didn’t want you to get the wrong idea” Carly said, Ben didn’t respond

“I really like you’ Carly said, Ben didn’t respond

“I can stay with you tonight…if you want..” Carly said then she put her hand on Ben’s thigh, he pushed it away

“I said I am sorry” Carly said

“Get out’ Ben said

“Ben” Carly said

“I said get out” Ben said again then looked at Carly with a mean look on her face which frightened her so she quickly got out of the car and watched him drive off. Carly hated herself when she made Ben upset, she was always doing something childish to make him annoyed. As Carly walked to the house she sighed…Ben was definitely the one for her and she was going to prove it to him. Carly quietly let herself into the house, the light on the desk was on and Sally was lying on the couch. Carly had a confused look on her face then slowly walked over to the couch and bent down. Carly gently shook Sally

“Sal” Carly said and this made Sally jump to the corner of the couch

“Sal its me” Carly said looking confused

“Whats wrong?” Carly said as she sat next to Sally on the couch

“Nothing” Sally said as she hugged her bear tight

“So why are you not in bed?” Carly said

“I was waiting for Frank to call’ Sally said

‘Frank isn’t going to call now, he is probably busy at work…lets go upstairs” Carly said

“Can I sleep in your room please” Sally said

“Sal, is there something wrong?’ Carly said as Sally shook her head no

“of course you can sleep in my room” Carly sid as she put her hand out, Sally grabbed it and they went upstairs

Boat dock-Summer Bay

“ You took your time” Revhead said when he spotted Steve and Brian

“We had to wait until everyone was asleep’ Brian said

“Yeah yeah whtever, lets just go and do it” Rvehead said

“Which boat?” Brian said

“That one over there” Revhead pointed

“What the master at work” Brian said as he put a balaclava over his head

“What should I do?” Steve said

“Just look out, make sure no one is coming and put this on” Brian said as he gave Steve a balaclava then all the boys put one on

Brian quickly got onto the boat and broke the lock and looked around for what he could take. He found a large stash of money and a watch. Steve looked around, no one was coming. He felt guilty for what they were doing.From the corner of his eye he saw someone walking towards the boat

“Hey Dodge, someone is coming” Steve whispered into the boat. Steve could hear the person getting closer and no sign of Dodge

“HEY WHAT ARE YOU DOING NEAR MY BOAT” Steve turned around and could see the person walking fast

“Dodge come on” Steve whispered into the boat then Brian came out and they both started running

“HEY COME BACK HERE” The man said as she got to his boat, as he looked into the distance, he could see several people running away

The man got onto his boat and looked around, he went straight to his bag, his money was gone

“Great’ he said to himself then sat on the bed sighed the got up. He got off the boat and walked to the phone box and died the police

‘Hello, Ive just been robbed…yeah..I have a boat at the Marina…my name? Adam, Adam Cameron” Adam said and sighed

“The City”

Thanks for the lift Matt” Narelle said as he pulled over outside her flat

“Ill see you tomorrow” Narelle said s Matt looked straight ahead

“Hey, Matt, are you alright? Narelle said and Matt sighed

“Fine, just tired” Matt said

“Yeh, I know, it was really busy tonight…nice seeing Carly too. I really like Summer Bay, I would love to go back and live there someday when I am married, have kids” Narelle said. Matt didn’t respond

‘Barbra looks great, how long has she got to go?” Narelle said

“16 weeks’ Matt said

‘Do you know if it’s a boy or girl?” Narelle said

“We don’t know, we want it to a be a surprise” Matt said

“Well I think you are having a girl. Ive always been told that women who hardly show when they are pregnant tend to have girls…good night” Narelle said then she got out of Matts car

Matt watched Narelle as she got into her apartment building and waited for her to open her door and go inside. Before he drove off he thought about what Narelle said about Barbra hardly showing then he indicated left and drove off.

Summer Bay

Revhead stopped running then looked behind him

“I think we lost him” Revhead said as he looked at Brian

Brian opened the bag with the money he had “Must be a couple grand here” Brian said with a smile

“Told you he would be a good one. Rusty’s brother Chiker works at the Marina, saw that boat come in, spoke to the guy and said he was loaded” Revhead said

“Yeh, this watch is pretty expensive too” Brian said looking at the watch

“If the police catches us, we are toast” Revehead said as he pointed to himself and the three guy in his gang

‘Take everything to your house and we will meet up tomorrow night and share everything. Matheson, you are doing the next one” Revhead said as Brian and Steve nodded then they walked off

“We are going to make some serious cash ripping off these boats” Brian said with a laugh

‘Yeah” Steve said with a guilty look on his face as they walked home

Manhattan-New York

Background music- ‘Have you ever been alone” instrumental

Roo lifted the photocopier and placed the sheet down then she closed the copier and and pressed start. As the copier was printing, Roo looked up at Nancy, she was on the phone smiling…probably talking to Donavan. Roo felt jealous, she thought she meant something to Donavan, the bracelet he sent her cost half the rent her and Frank paid…something Frank would never buy. Roo thought about the conversation she had with Frank and him putting the phone down because he was annoyed that she had to work, she understood that he really wanted a baby, a family but she was just not ready. Roo sighed then took her papers from the copier and walked over to her desk and picked up the phone

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

Carly sat up in her bed and looked over at the spare bed, Sally was fast asleep holding onto her bear. Carly got out of bed and pulled the chair out from under the table and sat down and looked at herself in the mirror. She rolled up the sleeve of her pyjamas and looked at the redness on her arm which Ben had done earlier. Carly sighed. She didn’t want to ruin this relationship like she had done the others. She was going to stop acting like a child and stop making Ben angry, he was a future and nothing was going to change that.

Manhattan- New York

“Macklin Corporation Frank speaking” Frank said

“Frank its me…please don’t put the phone down” Roo said

‘Im a bit busy” Frank said

“Im sorry, I know we had plans but this job is really important to me” Roo said

“Lately it seems like its more important than me’ Frank said as Roo felt guilty

‘Its not, I just want to do really well” Roo said

“I guess you don’t need me then” Frank said

“Frank that’s not fair” Roo said

“Isnt it? its like everything revolves around your job lately..what about us and our future? Frank said

“Frank you are being selfish, I need to have a life too” Roo said

“Ok, Im sorry…I want you to do well at your job too, im not saying you shouldn’t have a life  but we are married, you have responsibilities at home too’ Frank said with a sigh

‘Look,  Ill just tell Helen that I cant go if its going to make you happy” Roo said

“No, don’t do that, just go..besides I have plans tonight, I said I will go for some drinks with some of the blokes who work here” Frank said

‘Really? oh Frank that is great…see I told you that you should make an effort..things will be alright here, you will see we will make it then buy our dream home and have our family’ Roo said trying to convince herself

“Yeah..listen I got to go, ill see you when you get back, good luck with the client” Frank said

“Thanks… Frank, I love you’ Roo said

“Yeah, I love you too” Frank said then he put the phone down and stared at the receiver unsure of the future

Background music ends

Chapter 127

Irish pub- Manhattan New York

“Thanks” Frank said as he gave the money to the bartender then picked up his bottle of beer then walked back over to the table where his co-workers were. This was the first time that Frank had been to this pub, it was packed with a lot of people who worked in the offices nearby and loud

“You don’t normally come out Frank” Andy said as Frank stood next to him

“At a bit of  loose end tonight, so I thought why not” Frank said as he faked a smile. He was still annoyed that Andy got the promotion that he was promised

“Good” Andy said and drank his beer

Frank looked around at the people he worked with, he had been at Macklins for eight months but hardly knew anything about any of them, didn’t know if they were married, dating, happy or sad

“Hi” Franks thoughts were inturrpted

“Hi Kate, how are you?” Frank said Kate was one of the receptionists at Macklins, she started shortly after Frank transferred

“Good, what are you drinking, Ill get you another” Kate said as she smiled at Frank. Kate was tall, about the same height as Frank, with long red hair and blue eyes, She explained to Frank that she left her small town in Ohio two years ago and moved to New York in the hopes of becoming a model but things didn’t work out for her so she eventually found herself at Macklins

“No, I am good thanks, I wont be staying long” Frank said

“Oh, ok, il be back, just going to get myself a drink” Kate said then she walked off to the bar as Frank watched her.

“Go for it man, I think she has a crush on you” Frank turned around to see Jerry standing behind him. Frank laughed

‘I have all I need at home’ Frank said then he drank his beer

“Yeah, that’s what they all say” Jerry said then winked and drank his beer then turned around to finish his conversation

Even though Frank and Roo didn’t have the best relationship at times and he saw some beautiful women in New York, he never thought about cheating on her…with Bobby it was different....it wasn't cheating...Their relationship was different…

“I think I am going to be like you, one drink then I am out of here’ Franks thoughts were interrupted when Kate returned

“Cheers’ Frank said as Kate touched his bottle with her glass

“Heres to the friendship of two foreigners in the land called New York’ Kate said and smiled as Frank nodded and drank his beer…

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

Bobby parked her car and got out. Anytime Reverend Jones was a round, she wated to spend as much time as possible with him

“G’day” Bobby turned around to see Grant

“Hi” Bobby said and smiled

“How are you?” Grant said

“Good, how are you?’ Bobby said

“Good, just going to catch a few waves” Grant said

“Have fun…see you later” Bobby said s Grant waved and walked off. He was kind to her Bobby thought to herself then she turned around…when she did, she saw knocking on Megans door then he went inside. Bobby sighed then continued on to the house

‘How much is there?” Steve said as he watched Brian count the money

“$4,250” Brian said then smiled

“What time are we going to meet the others? Steve said

“Meet the others for what?” Brian said

“To share the money you idiot” Steve said

“This is my money…besides, we are grounded remember” Brin said with a smile then he picked up the watch and looked at it

“Look, Ive known Revhead longer than you, those guys don’t play around” Steve said

“Im not scared of them” Brian said then he laughed

“Didnt expect to see you this morning’ Pippa said as Bobby came through the door. Pippa walked over to her and kissed her head

"hello little one" Pippa said then slightly tapped Bobbys stomach

“I just wanted to see if you and Reverend Jones wanted to come to the diner for lunch” Bobby said as she picked up a banana from the fruit bowl

“I don’t think Alex is up yet but I don’t see why not” Pippa said as she put some bread in the toaster

When Christopher and Sally came downstairs, Christopher ran straight over to Bobby and hugged her leg

“Hi Chris’ Bobby said then she knelt down on her knees and gave him a hug

“Dadda gone” Christopher said as Bobby’s heart sank

“I am really surprised that he still remembers Frank” Pippa said as she looked at Christopher then Steve and Brian came down the stairs then Sally went to stand next to Bobby. Bobby noticed this

‘Pippa did the phone ring?” Sally said

“No, are you expecting a phone call?” Pippa said

“I told you to tell your imaginary friends to stop calling” Brian said then laughed as Bobby looked at him

‘Bobby can I come to the diner with you today” Sally said as Bobby stood up

“Sure, I wouldn’t mind a little helper this morning if that’s ok with Pippa” Bobby said

“Ok” Pippa said

“Hey Sal, since nobody can see Milko, don’t go blaming him when you break stuff’ Brian said then he and Steve both laughed as Sally stood behind Bobby

“Brian” Pippa said as she looked at him

“Go get ready Sal, ill wait for you’ Bobby said as Sally ran upstairs. Bobby watched as Brian went into the kitchen, she followed behind him when he turned around Bobby was right behind him

“Lay off Sal” Bobby said

“Says who?” Brian said with a laugh

“Says me” Bobby said then Brian looked at her and laughed

“Im not afraid of you” Brian said attempting to walk around Bobby, she moved and blocked his way

“You should be” Bobby said giving Brian a mean look

“You should be channeling your energy into cooking that bun” Brian said and pointed at Bobbys stomach

“Don’t let me tell you again” Bobby said then she looked at Brian once more then walked out of the kitchen

“Good Morning’ Reverend Jones said as he opened the door

“I was just coming to wake you up” Bobby said then she hugged Reverend Jones

“Was you now?” Reverend Jones said with a smile

“Yes, I was going to ask you if you wanted to come by the diner for lunch before you headed off” Bobby said

“Thank you Roberta, I would love that“ Reverend Jones said and smiled

“Great, come hungry so I will see you, Pippa and Chris at the dinner around 1pm?” Bobby said

“Yes that will be perfect, I want to go to pick up some plants and flower seeds, we have a new assistant gardener who is working on the grounds and says this time of year, we need to start growing different flowers” Reverend Jones said with a smile

“I am ready’ Sally said as she ran into the room

“Sally are you not joining us for breakfast” Reverend Jones said

“No, I am going to help Bobby at the diner’ Sally said with a big smile then she walked over to hold Bobbys hand

“Ok, well see you later” Bobby said

“Later” Christopher said and began following Bobby and Sally

‘Not you, young man’ Pippa said as she grabbed him and he started crying

Manhattan-New York

Frank stepped out of the pub it was still very bright outside and warm. He unbuttoned the top button on his shirt and adjusted his bag cross body and began to walk to the station

“Hey, do you mind if I walk with you to the station” Frank turned around to see Kate behind him

“Sure’ Frank said as they walked to the station

“Have you eaten? I am starving, my room mate has gone out of town for the weekend and I only have microwave pizza in the fridge, Ill treat you to a burger” Kate said as she pointed at the fast food restaurant just ahead. Frank smiled, he was probably going to end up eating a burger anyway so why not

“Ok” Frank said then they walked to the traffic light and cross the road, heading for the restaurant, not knowing that Jerry was watching them through the window of the pub..

Summer Bay

“Bobby” Sally said then Bobby looked in her rear view mirror

“Hmmm” Bobby said

“When we get to the diner, can we phone Frank” Sally said then Bobbys heart sank

“I think he is at work Sal” Bobby said

“But he wouldn’t be busy to talk to you’ Sally said

“He will Sal’ Bobby said

“He wont because you are his friend. I saw you going into his van and he said its because you are friends’ Sally said

Bobby had no idea that Sally saw her

“Maybe later ok’ Bobby said hoping that Sally would change the subject

“Ok’ Sally said sounding sad

“Sal is everything alright” Bobby said

“Yes’ Sally said then she looked out of the window

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Is that all you are going to have?” Pippa said as she looked at the two slices of toast on Reverend ones plate

“Roberta said come hungry so I am following instructions’ Reverend Jones said as she drank his tea

“When you finished your breakfast, there is plenty of work to do in the caravan park, I want the outside of the vans cleaned, all the rubbished picked up from the floor, all the washing washed and hung out to dry and neither of you are stepping foot out side of this caravan park’ Pippa said looking at Steve and Brian

“We are not slaves you know, you cant keep us locked away” Steve said

“Until you learn to behave yourself, you will do as I say” Pippa said

“Knock on the door”

“Hi” Steve looked up to see Craig at the door

“Craig, Steve is not allowed to have any visitors, he is grounded until further notice' Pippa said

“What? that’s ridiculous” Steve said

“Oh, ok, I just came by to give Steve and Brian the details of the project we have to do” Craig said as he opened the door and handed the paper to Pippa

‘Thank you’ Pippa said

“Ill see you in school” Craig said then he turned around and walked out

“Phone ringing’

As Steve was about to get up

“Ill get it’ Pippa said then she got up and walked over to the phone

“Summer bay caravan park” Pippa said

“Hi Rebecca…” Pippa said as Steve turned around

“Fine thanks…yes he is but he is grounded so no phonecalls and visitors. Right…ill tell him…bye” Pippa said then she put the phone down and walked back over to the table

“WHAT DID YOU DO THAT FOR?” Steve said

‘You are grounded, when you learn to behave like an adult, you get treated like an adult” Pippa said then she picked Christopher up from his high chair and put him down

“I HATE LIVING HERE, I CANT WAIT UNTIL I AM 18” Steve said then he got up and accidentally bumped Christopher who was holding onto the back of his chair. Christopher fell backwards on the floor hitting his head then he began to scream 

Pippa turned around then ran over to pick Christopher up from the floor

“You did that on purpose… Pippa said

“It was an accident Pippa” Steve said as he knelt down trying to plead with Pippa

“Oh my God he is bleeding” Pippa said then she began to cry then Reverend Jones got up

“Get out… GET OUT GET OUT RIGHT NOW. I DON’T WANT YOU LIVING HERE ANYMORE..PACK YOUR THINGS AND GET OUT… I am going to call Mrs Malloy, I don’t want you here anymore…its alright sweetie” Pippa said as she cradled Christopher

“Lets take him to the hospital. Go and get a bag, ill meet you at my car” Reverend Jones said then he picked up Christopher and walked fast to the car

“Pippa I’m sorry”Steve said 

“You better be gone by the time I get back” Pippa said and ran towards the stairs as she wiped her face as Steve looked shocked and upset

Chapter 128

Bayside Diner-Summer Bay

“Can I help you?” Carly said to the stranger standing at the counter

“Just coffee thanks” Adam responded then Carly picked up a cup and the coffee jug and poured some into the cup then put the cup in front of Adam, he put the money on the table and put some sugar into the cup

“You are new in town, my name is Carly” Carly said with a smile

“Adam” Adam said then he got up and walked over to the booth and sat down

“Who is that?’ Bobby said

“I don’t know” Carly said

Caravan Park Summer Bay

Steve packed as much of his things that would fit in an overnight bag and his school bag

“Why are you packing your stuff?” Brian said as he flopped on the bed and put his hands behind his head

“Didn’t you hear Pippa? She wants me out” Steve said

“She probably only said that because that little brat fell” Brian said

“She meant it, Ive never seen her that angry before” Steve said

“Where are you going to go?” Brian said as Steve put his bag over his shoulder

“Im going to ask Bobby if I can say with her and Mr Fisher” Steve said

“Why? They are both jerks, especially her” Brian said

“Shes my family” Steve said

“Forget her, let’s go to the city, we got the money. Lets go to a hotel or something go to a club. Pippa has probably told her the whole story, she’s not going to want to have you at her place…besides, call that chick of yours in the city, Im sure she has some hot friends” Brian said as Steve thought about it. He was right, Bobby would probably side with Pippa

“Alright, lets go’ Steve said then he put his bag down

Manhattan- New York

Frank chewed his fries and smiled as Kate told him a story about how she often got lost in New York when she first arrived.

“I know how you feel, my wife always found it funny when I called home and told her I would be late” Frank said then sipped some of his coke through the straw

“I still cant believe you are married, you look really young’ Kate said as she looked at Frank

“This is actually my second marriage” Frank said as Kate opened her eyes wide

“Wow…really?” Kate said as Frank smiled

“Yeah” Frank said

“You must’ve broken many hearts in Australia” Kate said

“Just one” Frank said as he ate some fries and felt guilty

“Do you think about the one?” Kate said

“Once in a while I do, hoping she is happy with someone who treated her better than me…what about you? I am sure you break many hearts” Frank said

“Actually, I have not broken any. I have only had one boyfriend  and he is back at home, we have been together for 4 years. he hates it here and is always trying to make me go back’ Kate said

“If you love him, why don’t you ? Frank said

‘ I do love him but my opportunities are limited at home, here I can be whoever I want but back home all that’s expected of me is to be a wife and mother and that’s it” Kate said

“Whats wrong with that?” Frank said curious

“Nothing, I want that one day but I am not ready for it” Kate said

“So what are you going to do about your boyfriend” Frank said as he reached for his drink

“I know that he is the one for me, I know I am going to spend the rest of my life with him and I know he would wait forever for me but I need to figure out what I want in life first. I may figure it out tomorrow then want to go home to him but I need to figure that out for myself, not let him and others figure it out for me” Kate said

“Do you think that its fair, knowing your boyfriend is waiting for you?” Frank said

“That’s a decision we made together, We love each other, even if he married someone else and this sounds terrible to say I know he would leave her for me” Kate said

“What about you, what if you find someone?’ Frank said

“, I am not looking for a relationship but I guess it’s the same, I know that no other man will ever truly have my heart, they will always be second choice regardless of how good the relationship is…Kate said and smiled then took a bite out of her burger while Frank thought about what she said

Bayside Diner-Summer Bay

Carly put the phone down

“Bobby’ Carly said to Bobby who was showing Sally how to arrange the menus

‘Whats wrong?” Bobby said as she walked towards Cary

‘That was Pippa, shes at the hospital with Christopher. She said Steve pushed Christopher and he fell and hit his head…the doctors are doing some tests on his brain because he was bleeding’ Carly said

‘Why would Steve do that? He has changed a lot lately…Im going to head over to the hospital’ Bobby said as she walked around to the counter and picked up her keys

“I want to come” Sally said

“No Sal, stay here with Carly” Bobby said

‘That’s not all’ Carly said

“What?’ Bobby said

“Pippa told Steve to pack his things and leave the house, she asked me to phone Mrs Malloy, she wants Steve gone” Carly said

“Can we phone Frank, he will come and make everything better’ Sally said as Carly looked at Bobby

“Sal, I don’t think things are that bad, Ill go and check on Christopher, we can sort this out ourselves’ Bobby said as her heart sank

“Should I call Mrs Malloy?” Carly said

“Let me go and find out what is going on first, ill call you” Bobby said then she walked out of the diner as Sally watched her

Bobby got into her car and rowed the window down

“You-who Bobby’ Bobby looked to her left, it was Celia. Bobby rolled her eyes and sighed

“This is all I need” Bobby said

“Going somewhere important? You look to be in a rush” Celia said

“Yeah, as a matter of fact, I am’ Bobby said

“So, how are you feeling?” Celia said

“Fine” Bobby said

“I bumped into that young man of your’s, Geoff” Celia said, Bobby didn’t respond

“He is really excited for the baby, very commendable, willing to take care of a child that is not his” Celia said

“Do you want something Celia?” Bobby said

“I was just thinking that it would be nice for you to maybe consider getting married before the baby comes that way you bring no shame on the family name..you know, having a baby out of wedlock” Celia said

“Oh yeah? I think Morag and  Roo already did that” Bobby said and drove off annoyed as Celia looked surprised

General Hospital-Summer Bay

Reverend Jones putt he plastic cup in front of Pippa, she took it then he sat down next to her

“Thanks for being here’ Pippa said

“I will always be here for you Phillipa” Reverend Jones

“I cant believe this is happening, I don’t know what has happened to Steve lately, he never used to be like that” Pippa said

“Mybe its me, maybe I am failing as a mother’ Pippa said as she began to cry

“You are a wonderful mother Phillippa, Steven is a young man, there have been several life changes for him, he is still trying to find his way’ Reverend Jones

“But he purposefully hurt Christopher, why would he do that” Reverend Jones

“It was an accident” Reverend Jones

‘No, he wanted to hurt my child to get back at me’ Pippa said as she began to cry again the Reverend Jones put his arm around Pippa as she cried into his chest

“I don’t think I can do this anymore, It was so much easier when Tom was around, now he isn’t…if anything happens to Chritopher, I don’t think I can ever forgive myself” Pippa said

“Phiillippa, look, I know this incident has scared you but you are a wonderful mother and Christopher is going to be fine’ Reverend Jones

“I cant do this Alex, I cant” Pippa said

“Yes you can, I know you can” Reverend Jones said as Pippa sighed

“Mrs Fletcher’ Pippa looked up to see a Doctor then she stood up

‘Your son is going to be fine. No permanent damage but we gave him a few stiches for the cut behind his ear. We want to keep him in overnight just as a precaution’ Dr Edwards said

“Thank you Dr, can I see him now?” Pippa said breathing a sigh of relief

“Yes, you can go in. He is asking for his father’ Dr Edwards said with a smile then he walked away

Pippa sighed then Reverend Jones stood behind her

“I told you Christopher is going to be fine’ Reverend Jones said then he put his arm around Pippa

‘You really are my guardian angel on earth…you came into my life at a time when I needed you. Thank you’ Pippa said as she hugged Reverend Jones and he smiled

“Ill wait here while you see Christopher” Reverend Jones said as he removed himself from the hug

“No, please come with me” Pippa said with a smile then Reverend Jones nodded and followed Pippa to the hospital room

Emotional background music ends

Summer Bay

‘The buses around here take ages” Brian said as he looked at the watch he stole  on his wrist

Steve looked ahead to see if the bus was coming, it wasn’t but instead he saw a familiar car driving up

“Great” Steve said

‘What?” Brian said

“Bobby” Steve said and pointed at Bobbys car as she indicated and stopped in front of them then got out

“Where are you going?” Bobby said

“To the city” Steve said

“You’re grounded” Bobby said

“Im sure you heard that I don’t live in that house any more so I can do what I want” Steve said

“What is the matter with you?” Bobby said

“There is nothing wrong with me, I am just sick of living here and sick of seeing all of you lot” Steve said

“Go away’ Brian said to Bobby with a laugh

“Shut up” Bobby said with a serious look to Brian

“Im going to the hospital to see Chris. I told Carly to hold off calling Mrs Malloy because I wanted to talk to Pippa, see if we can sort this all out but the way you are behaving lately, I really don’t care anymore, you can do what you like” Bobby said then she walked away and got inside her car and drove off

“Glad shes gone, I cant believe anyone would get her pregnant she’s a dag” Brian said as Steve looked at Bobbys car drive off in the distance. He didn’t know what was going on but he felt like his whole world was collapsing around him

Manhattan-New York

“Thanks for dinner and the chat’ Kate said as her and Frank walked to the station

“No worries” Frank said

“You’re the only person I have told about my boyfriend, can we please keep it between us” Kate said

‘Sure” Frank said with a smile…he was really good at keeping secrets

“Well I am going to take the train down town…Ill see you on Monday” Kate said and she smiled

“See you on Monday” Frank said as he walked down the steps towards the train .

Boat Shed-Summer Bay

“Celia you are spoiling me” Michael said as he removed the towel from the hamper to see the contents

“I wasn’t sure if you had breakfast this morning and just wanted to say thank you for your company last night’ Celia said

“Actually I didn’t have breakfast this morning so this is a nice surprise, thank you” Michael said then he walked over to the bench and started laying the food out, to get ready to eat

“I forgot to tell you, I had a conversation with your Brother yesterday” Michael said

“Oh, what did he say?’ Celia said

“He wanted to know what my intentions are with you?” Michael said with a smile

“Did he really say that? I am so sorry, he has no right to question you” Celia said shocked

“That’s ok, I told him that we are enjoying each others company and its not his business” Michael said as Celia smiled

“By the way, there was a little trouble at your place this morning” Celia said

“Little Christopher Fletcher had an accident, he fell and his his head his mother took him to the hospital’ Celia said

‘That’s terrible, I hope he is alright…maybe I should pass by there after work, see if Pippa needs anything” Michael said as Celia looked at him as her heart sank

General Hospital- Summer Bay

“Reverend Jones, how is Chris” Bobby said as she walked over to him in the waiting room

“He is doing well, no permanent damage, just a few stiches but the Doctors want to keep him in overnight. I was in there but wanted to give Phillippa some time with him alobne” Reverend Jones

“Oh ok, Ill go to the house and pack Pippa a bag” Bobby said

“No need, she brought one with her” Reverend Jones said and smiled then he sat down and patted the seat next to him

Background Music Frank and Bobbys theme

“How are you?” Reverend Jones said

“Im fine, I don’t get sick in the mornings anymore” Bobby said

“Roberta” Reverend Jones said and gave Bobby a look then she sighed

“I still miss him so much…being pregnant just makes things worse. I cry myself to sleep every night’ Bobby said then a tear formed in her eye. One day talking Reverend Jones, Bobby couldn’t help it and broke down and told him the whole story about her, Frank and the baby. He didn’t judge, he just listened while Bobby felt at peace talking to him

weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning….everything will be fine Roberta” Reverend Jones said

My dad is really encouraging me to get serious with Geoff” Bobby said

“Is that what you want?” Reverend Jones said

“Well it would be good for the baby, to have a father figure around” Bobby said

“Would that make you happy?” Reverend Jones said

“Reverend Jones  I cant have what makes me happy..this is no longer about me but what is best for my baby” Bobby said

“You have to think about your happiness too” Reverend Jones said

“I don’t know Reverend Jones, I have the worst luck in relationships, its easier this way” Bobby said

“That doesn’t mean you should be with someone who will never have all your heart’ Reverend Jones said

“I don’t want to be hurt anymore, if I don’t think with my heart, things will be fine” Bobby said as Reverend Jones smiled at her. Over the last few months, she had become like a daughter to him, he could see through her eyes, see what she really wanted. He prayed for her often asking for her life to be blessed with happiness that she wanted.

“Can we go and see Christopher now?” Bobby said as she wiped her face then Reverend Jones nodded and they both got up and walked to the hospital room

Manhattan-New York

Frank closed the door to the apartment then he walked over to the table and turned the light on. The place was a mess because Roo must’ve been rushing to get ready. Frank took off his bag and put it down then turned the TV on and sat on the couch. He picked up the remote and changed the channels, there was nothing on. Frank leaned back on the couch and turned the TV off then looked at  note on the table. Frank picked up the note and read it

“Frank

Sorry about the mess, I hope you had a good time tonight, I will see you when I get back tomorrow

I love you

Roo

Frank sighed then put the paper on the couch next to him

Flashback

Frank “Guess what?”

Roo “What?”

Frank “Ive been offered a  job in the Macklin office in new York with a pay rise and everything

Roo “Wow, that is amazing, congratulations"

Frank ‘Say it like you mean it"

Roo ‘I do mean it”,

Frank ‘so what is wrong?"

Roo  “The last time you got a new job, you not only left town but you left your wife…I guess this means that things will be  over between us

Frank ‘Why would they be over?”

Roo “come on Frank, ill be here and youll be all the way over there. Long distance relationships don’t work"

Franks ‘Who said anything about long distance relationships?”

Roo ‘ I don’t understand what you mean”

Frank ‘ I want you to come with me..I told you when you moved to the city, I am not going anywhere without you’

Roo “Do you really mean it?”

Frank “Yes I mean it..and to prove how much I mean it…will you marry me?

Roo “Yes, yes yes I will marry you. I never thought a chance would happen for us again after what I did and you marrying Bobby but I guess it truly is fate, we are meant to be together forever”

Flashback ends

Frank sighs then reached into his bag, opened the compartment and pulled out the plastic bag. He took the napkin out of the bag and carefully untied the pink ribbon and rolled it out.

14/2/1989

“B,

You are half of me and I will always need you to make me whole

As long as you will let me, I will take care of your heart and love you forever”

F

X

Frank sighed then leaned over and picked up the phone and dialed

Bayside Diner Summer Bay

“When is Christopher coming home?’ Sally said

“Tomorrow, Pippa is going to stay the night at the hospital, I am going to make her and Reverend Jones some food and you can come back to the hospital with me if you want” Bobby said as she put her keys down

“What should I do about Mrs Malloy?” Carly said as she walked into the kitchen

“I really don’t know, let me talk to Pippa one more time when I go back to the hospital" Bobby said

“I wish Frank was here’ Sally said as Bobby’s heart sank

“Phone ringing”

“Ill get it” Bobby said

“Bayside Diner” Bobby said as she picked up the phone

“Hello, Bayside diner” Bobby said again then the baby started moving around really fast then she put her hand on her stomach to settle the baby

“Hello?” Bobby said again then she put the phone done

“Who was that?” Carly said

“No idea” Bobby said then she walked into the kitchen to make some food for Pippa and Reverend Jones

Manhattan-New York

Frank put the phone down then looked at the receiver. He didn’t want to talk to her, just hear her voice, a voice he was missing so much. Frank looked again at the small napkin with what he wrote then put it on his chest and exhaled then slowly he drifted off to sleep thinking about a woman he loved.

Background Music ends

Chapter 129

Stewart Residence-The City

“You sure you don’t want me to make you something? Ive been craving rice pudding like crazy ” Barbra said as she ate the last mouthful of rice pudding.

“No I am fine, I will get something at the Bistro” Matt said as he ironed his shirt. Barbra got up and put the empty bowl in the sink and walked over to Matt

“Let me iron that for you” Barbra said as she touched Matts arm

“Ill do it” Matt said in a stern voice

“Are you alright, you have been really moody since you got back from work, “ Barbra said then she went to sit down.

“It was just very busy last night and I am a bit tired” Matt said then sighed as he remembered seeing Carly and how good she looked

“Are you sure that we are having a boy? Narell thinks we are having a girl because you are not showing much and women pregnant with girls don’t tend to show much” Matt said as he looked at Barbra then ironed his shirt

“That’s an old wives tale. When I was pregnant with Rebecca, I was huge but didn’t show much when I was pregnant with Alan” Barbra said then drank some water from a glass on the table hoping that Matt would stop asking questions

“When is the next scan? I want to be there” Matt said as he bent down to unplug the iron  

‘Next month’ Barbra said with a fake smile

“Ok, let me know the day, I want to come” Matt said then he put his shirt on as Barbra looked at Matt…she had to do something fast…

“I am going to head back to the hospital now” Bobby said as she packed the hamper

“Lance please carry this to my car? Sally take the key” Bobby said as Lance picked up the hamper and Sally followed behind him with the key

“I will talk to Pippa once more time about Mrs Malloy” Bobby said to Carly

“Carly?” Bobby said

“Hmm, did you say something?” Carly said

Background Music-Carly’s theme

‘I am going to the hospital now, Ill talk to Pippa again about Mrs Malloy…are you alright?” Bobby said as Carly sighed

“I saw Matt last night” Bobby said

“Is he back in Summer Bay?” Bobby said

‘No, Ben took me to dinner in the city and we just happened to end up at the same restaurant that Matt and Narelle work at” Carly said

“Yeah, Narelle started working there a few months ago” Bobby said

“She said to call her” Carly said

“I will…what did Matt say?” Bobby said

“Only hello, that’s it” Carly said

“And?” Bobby said

“And what?” Carly said

“I thought you were over him?” Bobby said

“So did I until I saw him, he looked really good, like mature’ Carly said

“I guess he has to be mature, he has a baby on the way” Bobby said

“I guess” Carly said and began to cry

“Look, from someone who has been there, you can’t waste any more time crying over him, Matt made his choice” Carly said

“I know and I thought I was ok with it but seeing him again, I love him still” Carly said as Bobby sighed the went over to her to comfort her

I know you do but what can you do about it? Life has to go on ” Bobby said

“Is that how you cope?” Carly said then Bobby sighed

“I have no choice” Bobby said

“Hi Bobby” Bobby and Carly both turned around to see Geoff standing there. Carly looked at Bobby then Bobby walked to the counter

“Hi, I am just on my way to the hospital” Bobby said

“Is there something wrong with the baby? Geoff said with a shocked look on his face

“No, my brother had an accident this morning, Pippa is there with him” Bobby said as she walked towards the door

“Do you have any plans tonight? I want to invite you to dinner to meet my family” Geoff said as Carly stood at the kitchen door

“I am not sure, I might have to help Pippa’ Bobby said

“We will wait, anytime you will be finished” Geoff said as Bobby thought about what Celia said earlier

“Ok, sure. You can pick me up from my house at 7” Bobby said

“Excellent, ill see you later”’ Geoff said then he rushed out of the diner. Bobby looked at him go and put her head down then she looked back at Carly who looked at her then she walked out of the diner

Background music ends

Stewart Residence-Summer Bay

“Looks great love, Sandra’s going to love it” Ailsa said as she looked at the painted room

“I haven’t told Ruthy that there will be a new tenant in her room” Alf said with a laugh

“I am sure she wont mind, probably having too good a time in New York to mind” Ailsaa said

“Yeah…I cant believe how great things have turned out for her Ails…she has been through so much…losing her Mum, getting pregnant, that whole mess with Frank and the adoption. I guess it was fate that brought her and Frank back together, she is really happy …I hear it in her voice anytime I speak to her” Alf said as Ailsa felt a bit guilty

“They will be heading to London in a few weeks for that honeymoon…maybe we will hear some good news about me becoming a grandfather again’ Alf said with a smile

“Let me get these curtains ups” Alf said as he opened a packed of curtains while Ailsa watched

The City

Brian bit into his burger and took several sips of his coke through a straw

“If you are not going to eat that, lll have it when I finished” Brian said as he looked at Steve who was staring at his food

“Make yourself useful, call that Sheila of yours, ask her to bring some mates” Brian said

“No, I don’t want to see her” Steve said as he sighed. He felt guilty about what breaking into the boat and his heart hurt because he hurt Christopher. It was an accident and Pippa didn’t believe him

“Why not?” Brian said confused

“I just don’t that’s why” Steve said

“We have enough money to stay out here for a week or so then ill think of a plan to get more’ Brian said

“I don’t think that’s a good idea” Steve said

“What?” Brian said

“Keeping the money” Steve said

“Why not, I worked for it..’ Brian said with a laugh

“Its not a joke” Steve said

‘What’s wrong with you? Brian said

“Nothing’ Steve said

“Well cheer up then” Brian said as he took another bite out of his burger

“Maybe ill call home and see how Chris is” Steve said as he put his hands in his pocket for change for the phone

“Why? you didn’t do anything to the sprog, besides, I don’t think any of them will be talking to you anyway” Brian said. Steve looked at him, Brian was right…by now the whole of Summer Bay would know what happened…even Frank

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

Megan tied her long hair up into a high ponytail and put the rest of her dirty clothes in a bag. She had a deal with Pippa since she was staying a little longer than she thought, she was allowed to use their washing machine to wash her clothes. Megan opened the door and put the bag on the floor then reached into the corner and picked up her soap powder. She really enjoyed living in the caravan park, it was cheap but she needed her own apartment and made a note to get a newspaper and see how much the apartments were going for in the area. As Megan closed the door, she heard someone playing a guitar and smiled, it was coming from the van next to hers, Grant. Megan put her laundry down and knocked on the door. A short while later, Grant opened the door

“Hi, you sound really good’ Megan said

“Thanks” Grant said with a smile

“Going somewhere nice?’ Grant said as he pointed to Megan bags

“Just to do some laundry, Pippa lets me use the washing machine in the house since I’ve been here for so long” Megan said with a smile

“Oh, I don’t think anyone is in the house, I think the little one had an accident, I saw them rushing him off’ Grant said

“Oh no, I hope he is alright” Megan said

“I hope so too’ Grant said

“I guess no laundry for me…I need to start looking for a flat” Megan said

“Funny you should mention that, I need to start looking too, I don’t want to be living here too long” Grant said

“I know we don’t know each other well but maybe we can get a place together?” Megan said

‘Sounds like a plan…Ive circled a few places, do you want to go and check them out?” Grant said

“Why not, let me put my laundry back’ Megan said as Grant smiled

Bayside Diner-Summer Bay

“Marty are you sure?” Lance said disappointed

‘Yeah I mean we can’t live together for the rest of our lives’ Martin said

“I know but she told you no when you asked her to marry you’ Lance said

“I know but that was different, I am asking her to live together not get married again’ Martin said

‘Well do you have a place?” Lance said

‘Not yet but I was looking at this two bed place not far from the beach so she can get quick access to surf every morning’ Martin said with a smile

“Everything ok” Ailsa said as she walked into the diner

“Yeah, Bobby had to go, Christopher had an accident this morning so she’s down at the hospital with Pippa

“Oh no, I hope everything will be ok’ Ailsa said

“Yeah, he is fine, they gave him some stiches but want to keep him in overnight’ Carly said as Ailsa picked up some folders from the counter

“Just came to pick up these” Ailsa said

“When is Sandra coming?” Carly said

‘She finishing up the school term there so the earliest we can go and get her is in two weeks. Alf painted her room today ‘ Ailsa said

“I bet she is excited, will be nice to see her again” Carly said

“She spoke highly of you and Bobby , I think she likes the idea of you two being like older sisters” Ailsa said as Carly smiled

“Ill pass by the hospital to see if I can do anything for Pip…ill be back to close up” Ails said then she left

“Back again?” Carly said as she saw Adam at the counter

“coffee please” Adam said then Carly put a cup on the counter and poured some coffee into it for him. He took some money out of his pocket and put it on the counter. Carly picked up the money

“Is everything ok? Carly said

“Whats it to you?” Adam said

‘Sorry for asking”  Carly said and she turned around to go back in the kitchen

“Sorry, I don’t mean to be rude, I got in town yesterday, and someone robbed my boat, took some cash and a watch. Police cant do anything because here were no witnesses”  Adam said as he looked into the cup

‘Sorry about that” Carly said

“Just my luck” Adam said

“Phone ringing”

“Excuse me” Carly said then she picked up the phone

“Bayside Diner” Carly said

“Carly its me’ Steve said

“You have some nerve” Carly said

“I called the house, no answer…Is Christopher ok?” Steve said

“Yes he is fine, but the Drs are keeping him in overnight” Carly said

“I guess Pippa told you she wants me out” Steve said

“Yes and I don’t blame her after the way you have been acting lately” Carly said

“What did Mrs Malloy say?” Steve said

“Nothing yet, Pippa asked me to call her but Bobby wants to talk to her to get her to change her mind” Carly said

“Does Frank know?” Steve said

“No, not yet..where are you?” Carly said

“In the city with Brian’ Steve said

“Just come back home, lets sort this out” Carly said

“I cant, Pippa was so mad at me, Ive never seen her like that before” Steve said

‘Well you did hurt her son, what do you expect’ Carly said

“I thought I was her son too?” Steve said

“You know what I mean, Chris is a baby” Carly said

‘I didn’t men to hurt him, it was an accident, I didn’t see him behind my chair” Steve said

“If it was an accident, just come home and lets fix this” Carly said

‘I cant Carly, I just cant’ Steve said then he put the phone down

Steve? Steve?” Carly said then she put the phone down and sighed

“Everything ok?” Adam said

“Yeah. Fine” Carly said then she walked into the kitchen and sighed

General Hospital-Summer Bay

“Hmmmm this Is the best sandwich I have tasted” Reverend Jones said

“Hmmm’ Christopher said then he put his head on Bobby’s knee while the others laughed

“Did Bobby tell you her news?” Pippa said as Bobby looked confused

‘No, what news?” Reverend Jones said

“Bobby was nominated for North Western Australia business woman of the year and caterer of the year, the ceremony is next month” Pippa said with pride

“After tasting this sandwich, I am really not surprised…congratulations!” Reverend Jones said as Bobby smiled

‘Thanks. I don’t think I am going to win though, I am in the same category as Alf Stewart and he has won it for the last six years” Bobby said

“I think this year is going to be your year to win’ Reverend Jones said

“I don’t know…I don’t think I even want to go and embarrass myself’ Bobby said

“Rubbish…you are going and that’s that” Pippa said

“Pippa, I have nothing to wear’ Bobby said as she ran her hands through her hair

“Reverend Jones will you come if I decide to go?” Bobby said

“I will be honoured to come and watch you collect your awards” Reverend Jones said with a smile

‘Come over tonight, we can look through Carly’s magazines get some ideas, I will make you something’ Pippa said

“Oh Pippa, I cant ask you to do that…besides…I cant make it tonight” Bobby said

‘Have big plans?” Pippa said as Reverend Jones looked at Bobby

‘Geoff has invited me to his house to have dinner with his family” Bobby said

“Sal, please go and ask the nurse for some water for Christopher” Pippa said

“Ok” Sally said and she got up from the chair, picked up the jug and left the room

Emotional Background Music Frank and Bobbys theme

“Dinner with the family…sounds serious’ Pippa said as she looked at Bobby

“Pippa, no lectures please” Bobby said then she got up off the bed and walked to the window

“I wasn’t going to give you a lecture..I just didn’t know that you had decided to take the relationship to the next stage with Geoff” Pippa said

“He sort of made the decision for me’ Bobby said and she went back over to the bed to sit down

“Is that what you want?” Pippa said

“You are the one always encouraging me to date ” Bobby said

“I did and I am not saying you shouldn’t” Pippa said

“So what is this about? Geoff is a nice guy, has a good job, he cares about me and the baby” Bobby said

“Bobby I am on your side … I just want you to be happy” Pippa said

“I will be happy…I will never have the life I dreamed of but I can’t stop living’ Bobby said then Pippa got up from her chair and walked over to the bed

“Come here’ Pippa said and she hugged Bobby

“I love you no matter what’ Pippa said

“I love you too…everything will be ok’ Bobby said and looked at Reverend Jones who attempted to smile.

“Pippa…about Steve” Bobby said then Pippa removed herself from the hug

“I want him gone’ Pippa said and she went to sit back on the chair

“I asked Carly to hold off calling Mrs Malloy so I could talk to you again” Bobby said as she stroked Christopher’s hair

“There is nothing to talk about, he hurt my son” Pippa said

“He is your son too…I don’t think he would intentionally hurt Chris” Bobby said

‘ I don’t know Bobby, I don’t even recognize him anymore” Pippa said

“I didn’t want to mention this but I saw Steve and Brian at the bus stop” Bobby said

“They are both supposed to be grounded’ Pippa said then sighed

“Brian is a bad influence on Steve” Bobby said

‘I think it’s the other way around, Brian is a saint’ Pippa said

“I really don’t want  us to get Mrs  Malloy involved, Ill ask Dad if Steve can stay at our place for a few days until things cool down…I don’t want our family to break up’ Bobby said

“Right now, I don’t care where he stays as long as he is out of the house’ Pippa said as Bobby and Reverend Jones looked at each other

Emotional Background Music ends

“The City”

“You sure you don’t want one of these?” Brian said as he bit into his ice cream cone then Steve shook his head

“Chris is going to be alright’ Steve said

‘How do you know?” Brian said

“I called the diner, Carly told me” Steve said

“ So you can stop moping around now, lets have some fun” Brian said

‘I think we should go back to Summer Bay’ Steve said

“Why? We are already in trouble and I told you im not giving Revhead the money” Brain said

“Well that’s your decision, I have to go back before Frank finds out’ Steve said

“Who cares if he does? You talk about him like he is some kind of God” Brian said as he ate more ice cream

“You don’t understand” Steve said and sighed

“Understand what? Why do you care what Frank thinks all of a sudden? Last week you were talking about how much of a creep he was to leave you all and go to America, now you care about what he thinks…make up your mind” Brian said and shook his head

‘Look you don’t understand ok…just leave it..I am going back to Summer Bay and I think you should give the money back to the guy who owns the boat” Steve said

“Get real” Brian said and started laughing

“Bye” Steve said and began to walk off

“Hey, at least let me get a rental car to drive us back in style” Brian said

“You have a license?” Steve said

“Yes..wait here, ill go and get one, I saw a rental place around the corner…here, go and get some food, you look hungry ” Brian said then handed Steve $10 then walked away as Steve watched him

Manhattan-New York

Background music “have you ever been alone” theme

Frank opened his eyes and sighed…like clockwork, he was awake in the middle of the night. Since he got back from Australia he was unable to sleep through the night. Roo suggested he go to the doctor, he refused. He knew why he couldn’t sleep. He couldn’t understand why since he was trying to bury his feelings. Frank leaned forward on the chair and the napkin and ribbon dropped to his lap. He looked at it then sighed. Frank looked at the napkin on his lap and picked it up with both hands, he read the words again and again and again then he gripped the napkin about to rip it up

“Stop”

Frank looked around, he thought he heard someone say stop. The window was open, it must have been someone outside. Frank exhaled then he rolled the napkin up and tied the pink ribbon around it then  put it next to him.  Frank reached inside his bag and pulled out the photos that Pippa sent. He pulled out the photos and searched for one, when he found the one he was looking for, he put the others down and looked at it. He traced his hands over Bobbys face, he looked at her eyes, he saw so much love in her eyes,he got up and walked towards the closet and opened the door. He pulled out the guitar case and went back to the couch. He put the guitar case on the table in front and opened the case. Frank looked at the strings hanging down that he ripped of a few months earlier. Frank took the guitar out and in the corner pocket of the case, pulled out an envelope. Frank opened the envelope and took out the card

“F

Thank you for saving my life. Make music you love, as much as I love you

Forever

B

Frank sighed then put the card back into the envelope then he placed the tied ribbon in the plastic bag then put it in the envelope and pushed it into the corner pocket of the case then put the photo of Bobby in the same pocket then he put the guitar back and closed the case. Frank got up and walked back to the closet. He took out a suitcase and some boxes then put the guitar at the back of the closet then put the boxes and suitcase back and closed the door. As Frank walked back to the couch, he took off his jean and shirt and opened a draw and took out an album them went to sit on the bed. Frank opened the album and looked at the photos that he and Roo took over the last year, some in Australia and some with Alf and Ailsa on their wedding day. Frank looked at one photo of he and Roo taken at the photo booth an hour after he proposed. Frank traced his fingers over Roos face, they were both happy, he was happy, it was the beginning of a new start for him something he never would’ve imagined. He was a nobody at one point in his life and in that photo, he was with a beautiful woman and was starting a new job. Frank sighed then laid back on the bed and turned the light off. He was going to take Roos advise and make an appointment with the Doctor…

Background music ends

Fisher Residence- Summer Bay

I wasn’t expecting you early” Donald said as he looked up from his newspaper and saw Bobby

‘Geoff invited me over to his place to have dinner with his family, I need to get ready” Bobby said

“That is wonderful Bobby, Geoff is a great man, do you want me to help you pick out something to wear/’ Donald said as Bobby sat on the couch

“ No, I think I can put together an outfit. Dad , before I get ready, I want to ask a favour” Bobby said then she went on to explain everything that had happened

The City

Steve turned the radio down in the car ‘How much did this cost?” Steve said as he looked at Brian

“Only $50, they had a special for good student drivers” Brian said

Steve sighed he wanted to hurry up and get back to Summer Bay…he had to tell Pippa he was sorry, he had to hug his brother….he had to do all this before Frank found out…

Chapter 130

General Hospital Summer Bay

“Thanks for coming Ailsa” Pippa said as Ailsa stood by the door

‘You sure you don’t want me to take Sally home?” Ailsa said

“Bobby said Carly is coming after her shift at the diner” Pippa said

“Ok, well I better get back to close up then” Ailsa said

“Nice to see you Reverend Jones” Ailsa said

“You too Ailsa, regards to Alf’ Reverend Jones said

“Pippa, can I have a quick word? Ailsa said

“Sure, ill be back shortly” Pippa said then she followed Ailsa out of the door

“Is something wrong? Pippa said as she looked at Ailsa

“Oh, nothing is wrong, I just wanted to see how you are really doing? Ailsa said

“Sometimes I think I cant cope on my own. If Tom was here, all this stuff with Steven wouldn’t be happening. He is my son but I don’t recognize him, I told him to get out of his home’ Pippa said as a tear formed in her eye

“Its ok, Pip, everything will be fine’ Ailsa said

“Frank said I should call him, I really want to call him, I need him but he cant be leaving his life and running here when I cant cope” Pippa said

“Frank would do anything for you, you know that’ Ailsa said

“I know’ Pippa said

“Well at least you have the support of Reverend Jones’ Ailsa said as she smiled at Pippa

“It has been great, him being here these last few months…its as if the universe knew I needed his support… and he adores the children, absolutely adores them and they feel the same, especially Bobby” Pippa said

“Maybe its Toms way of telling you it time to move on with someone he approves of” Ailsa said

“Ailsa its too soon for that, I cant see myself with another man’ Pippa said

“Im not saying you should marry him but he wouldn’t be making the 3 hour drive to see you often if he didn’t feel something for you’ Ailsa said then Pippa sighed and sat down

‘Long before I met Tom, I thought I was going to be Mrs Alex Jones, he was my future, I loved him very much and I know he loved me….my Mum kept on saying it would be any day now, he will ask you to marry him… then one day he just left…he explained in a letter that he had to go an find himself, figure his life out…at the time, I didn’t know what it meant, I cried for days thinking it was something I had done, maybe he had another girl he loved more than me…I never understood until the day he turned up at the house looking for Bobby, he left me for the church” Pippa said

“How do you feel now? Ailsa said

“I don’t know Ailsa, I really don’t know…We haven’t even talk about when he left…” Pippa

“Well, I don’t think it’s a coincidence…him turning up now” Ailsa said as Pippa smiled and shook her head

“I love you and I want you to be happy when the time is right, no pressure’ Ailsa said

“I know…you are the sister I wished for and I am happy that you are in my life” Pippa said as Ailsa hugged her

“Thanks…I better get going, phone if you need anything” Ailsa said

“I will’ Pippa said as Ailsa got up and walked away. When Pippa walked back into the hospital room, Christopher was lying in Reverend Jones arms as Sally read him a story. Pippa smiled and sat down next to Revered Jones

Lime Residence- Waldorf Creek

Geoff turned off the engine and looked at Bobby

“Here we are” Geoff said as he pointed at his family farm

Bobby smiled then began to open the car door

“No wait” Geoff said then he rushed out of the car and opened the door for Bobby

“Thanks’ Bobby said and smiled then Geoff held her hand and they walked to the front door

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Hey Megan” Martin said as he saw Megan coming out of Grants car

‘Hey Martin how are you?’ Megan Said with a smile

“Good, Ive been looking for you” Martin said as he went to kiss Megan and she turned her head to the side so he kissed her cheek which created an awkward few seconds

“I better go, see you later” Grant said then he walked off

“Did we have something planned?’ Megan said

“No, I just wanted to ask you something that’s all” Martin said

“What?’ Megan said

“I know that living in the van is becoming a bit expensive so I was wondering if you wnted to get a place together. I found a really nice two bed, steps from the beach so you can get to the waves quicker” Martin said as he pointed to the ad in the paper. Megan sighed

“The reason I wasn’t around is because I was talking to Grant earlier and he is also looking for a place, he starts work at the high school on Monday and we sort of agreed to find somewhere together. We just signed a lease on that flat by the beach” Megan said as Martins heart dropped

“Oh” Martin said

“Sorry” Megan said

“Its alright, at least you got somewhere” Martin said

“When are you moving in? Martin said

”Well it great timing because I am paid up here until Sunday but I want to move out and get settled in before school starts on Monday” Megan said

“Do you wants some help moving?’ Martin said

“You are such a gentleman” Megan said then she kissed Martin on the cheek and they walked back to her van as Martin sighed and threw the newspaper in the bin as Megan talked about how great the flat is.

Lime Residence- Waldorf Creek

Background music- Frank and Bobby’s theme

Bobby looked around the table as Geoff’s relatives talked to each other…she didn’t feel like she belonged at the table, it was as if the baby knew because the was kicking her fast, Bobby smiled to herself then she put her hand on her stomach to settle the baby.

“So Bobby, I hear congratulations are in order” Geoff’s cousin Jim said

“Pardon?” Bobby said confused by the statement

“Geoff tells me that you have been nominated for NSW business woman and caterer of the year’ Jim said

“Oh right, yeah…thanks…I have no hope of winning, some of the names there have won multiple times..I am just honoured and surprised that I have been nominated” Bobby said as she sipped her water

“I hope you can all come, I wasn’t going to mention it now…but I have organized a private party for Bobby at the resort after she wins and it will double as a birthday party for me” Geoff said as he put his arm around Bobby and her heart sank

“You didn’t have to do all that” Bobby said

‘Only the best for you” Geoff said as he kissed the side of Bobbys head and she was forced to smile as Geoff’s Mum watched her

Background music ends

Boston-Massachusetts

Roo put her hand out and hit the alarm clock to stop it from making noise. Today was the day that she had to prove herself, she was meeting an important client for breakfast and was determined to go back to New York with the deal signed. Roo turned onto her back and sighed…she started thinking about what  life would be like if she never left Summer Bay…she would probably still be working as a secretary for the Macklins with no life…she probably would’ve ended up being serious with Martin or Matt. The thought made Roo laugh, Now, she was Ruth, the PR executive, making big deals and getting somewhere in life. Roo smiled to herself. Roo got out of bed and walked to the bathroom and looked at herself in the mirror..this was just the beginning of life and things were going to get better and better. Roo smiled then began to get ready for her meeting.

Background music- Frank and Bobby’s theme

Bobby took her key out of her bag then turned around

“Sorry for ruining the night’ Bobby said

“Don’t be sorry, how are you feeling now?” Geoff said

“A bit better” Bobby lied. She felt like she was suffocating at the dinner, she had to make an excuse to leave

“Is there anything I can get you?” Geoff said

“No, I think a good night’s sleep will do the trick” Bobby said

“Ok, phone me if you need anything” Geoff said then he leaned forward and kissed Bobby on the lips. He went to kiss her again and she moved back

“Good night” Bobby said and smiled then opened the door and went inside and closed the door behind her then she walked into the living room and sat down on the couch. A few seconds later, Donald entered the living room

“Oh, I didn’t expect you back so early,?” Donald said

“I had a headache and was tired so I left early’ Bobby said

“How are you feeling now?” Donald said

“I just want to get some sleep’ Bobby said

“So how was dinner and meetimg Geoffs family” Donald said excited

“Fine’ Bobby said and sighed

“Whats the matter?’ Donald said

“Geoff has organized a party for me after the awards next month” Bobby said

“That’s wonderful, he really is a nice man…I am glad you met him…..especially after what happened with Frank and Danny...there are still some good men out there and Geoff is one of them…well goodnight, get some rest”..by the way, what you said earlier about Steve, he can stay here” Donald said then he walked out of the room.

Bobby exhaled then she got up and turned the light off and walked into her room. She shut the door and turned the light on the nightstand then began to take off her clothes then she opened a drawer and a pink pyjama set poked out of the corner…one she wore with Frank. Bobby put the top on then she put on the shorts. They were a bit tight around her stomach so she adjusted the tie around the waist and smiled. Then Bobby walked over to her bed and got in then turned the light off ad reached for Alan's bear. She looked up at the moon shining through the curtain and put her hand on her stomach

“We love you Daddy” Bobby said then she closed her crying eyes and tried to sleep

Background music ends

Beach-Summer Bay

“What time is it?” Revhead said

“10’ one of his boys, Dingo said

“Dodge and Matheson were supposed to be here by now” Revhead said

“I told you not to trust them, especially Matheson’ Dingo said as Revhead sighed

“Lets give them 30 mins you know they are both supposed to be grounded” Revhead said then they all stated laughing

Outskirts of Summer Bay

“You’re driving too fast’ Steve said

“Your joking aren’tcha? Cars like this are meant to be driven fast” Brian said

“Not around here” Steve said

“Relax’ Brian said then turned the radio up..a short while, they heard a police siren behind them

“We better make a run for it” Brian said

“Are you stupid? You were only speeding, plus you are under age, its not prison time ” Steve said

“It not that” Brain said

“What is it?” Steve said as Brian slowed down

“I lied” Brian said

“About what?” Steve said

“I don’t have a license…and I nicked this car” Brain said as a police man tapped the driver window and  Steve looked at Brian shocked

Beach-Summer Bay

“Its 10;30…they ripped us off’ Dingo said looking at his watch

Revhead looked at the water with an annoyed look on his face…”They are going to get it..and I know just what to do’ Revhead said as he smiled

Bobby wiped her face..this was a ritual for her at night, the tears then her wiping her face and trying to get to sleep

“Phone ringing”

Bobby turned the light on and looked at the clock and wondered who would be ringing at this time. Bobby got up and reached for her robe and rushed to get the phone before her father woke up

“Hello” Bobby said

“May I speak to Ms Bobby Simpson’ The person said

“Speaking’ Bobby said

‘I am officer Perkins, from the Waldof Creek station , your brother and his friend were arrested tonight for speeding in a stolen car, since they are minors, they need an adult present and  he asked me to call you” Office Perkins said

“Is it Steven?” Bobby said shocked

“Yes” Officer Perkins said

“I am in Summer Bay, Ill be there as quick as I can, thanks bye” Bobby said then she put the phone down

“Who was that at this hour?” Donald said as he stood at his room door rubbing his eye

“That was a police officer from Waldorf Creek…Steve and Brian just got arrested for speeding in a stolen car..I have to go and get them’ Bobby said as walked back to her room

“Bobby I don’t think you should be going out there in your condition, Ill go’ Donald said

“No, Ill go, he is my brother, I need to sort this out’ Bobby said then she shut the door and got ready…she had to go, she had to sort this out before someone called Frank…

Archived