Homecoming

Summer's Bay

:)

Chapter 171

Stewart Shop- Summer Bay

“Just the bread thanks” Grant said taking money out of his pocket then he looked up to see Celia writing on a notepad and not paying attention to him

“Just the bread thanks” Grant said again a bit louder

“Hmm?” Celia said

“Just the bread” Grant said and he pointed down at the bread

“Oh, I am sorry. I was miles away” Celia said then took the money from Grant

“You must be really busy” Grant said looking at Celia as she gave him the change

“Yes, with Christmas coming up, I have so many things to do. Will you be going to see your family for this wonderful holiday?” Celia said excited

“No, I think I might hang around here….have a good day” Grant said then he walked out. Celia watched him as he walked away, she found it odd that he wasn’t going home then she sighed. She had too much to prepare before Michael and Haydn moved in to worry about that now. Celia smiled to herself and picked up the notepad and began adding to her list

Soho, Manhattan- New York

“So, tell me about yourself” Frank said looking into Sam’s eyes as he sipped the hot chocolate that Sam had made him. She was easy to talk to and that is what he wanted right now.He had just finished telling her that he was married and moved to New York after getting a promotion.

“Well, I am a Junior at NYU, Pre Med. My dream is to be a pediatrician” Sam said with a smile

“Dr Sam” Frank said as he looked at Sam. Sam blushed “Yes, I hope so” Sam said

“Where are you from?” Frank said

“I am originally from Ferndale California” Sam said

“So far from home” Frank said

“Yeah, I always wanted to live in New York. I had never been here but from what I saw on TV, I knew I wanted to be here  so I worked really hard at school and got an academic scholarship” Sam said as Frank stared at her

“How did you meet Kate?” Frank said

“I was living on campus but I wanted to be out on my own….have my own space. I saw this apartment advertised and when I came to see it, Kate was here. The landlord told us to choose who was going to take the apartment so we talk about it and both decided to both take it. I am glad it worked out that way. I really like Kate” Sam said

“ So what about when your boyfriend comes over or kates boyfriend comes to visit, what do you do? Frank said curiously

“ This couch pulls out into a bed” Sam said then they both started laughing

“I don’t have a boyfriend but when Kates boyfriend comes over, this is my temporary residence” Sam said and she sipped her hot chocolate. Frank sipped his hot chocolate then his eye caught the clock on the wall…it was 1 am. He had to go to work tomorrow and he knew that Roo would question him about disappearing and he didn’t feel like explaining.

Sam looked at her watch, she had no classes in the morning but she had to go to the library to finish typing up a paper she had to submit. She should be sleeping now but she liked talking to Frank. He noticed her looking at her watch, he felt disappointed because he wanted to stay here.

“It’s getting late..you probably have classes tomorrow….I better go” Frank said

“I have no classes until the afternoon but I have to go to the library and finish typing up my paper” Sam said

“But I understand if you have to go…you probably have work in the morning” Sam said and smiled

“Are you trying to get rid of me?” Frank said

“No…umm I mean, I thought you needed to go” Sam said as she blushed again

“I wouldn’t mind another hot chocolate” Frank said as Sam smiled, picked up his cup and walked to his kitchen.

Sands Resort- Summer Bay

“Hmmmm this is delicious” Chef Paul said. He always said that anytime Bobby was in the kitchen making something new. He put some more of the soup on his spoon and  put it into his mouth

“Hmmm, are you sure you didn’t go to culinary school? This is superb” Chef Paul said again

“No, its no big deal…its just a soup I used to make when” Bobby stopped talking. She needed to make a starter and decided on making pumpkin soup…it was the only thing she could keep down during the early stages of her pregnancy. Chef Paul was too distracted to notice that Bobby had stopped talking

“What do you think we should serve this with for lunch?” Chef Paul said as he licked his finger

“I was thinking more for dinner, maybe with a toasted cheese croutons sprinkled on the top” Bobby said and sighed..that is how Frank liked it

“That sounds wonderful…Bobby you are a genius” Chef Paul said as he wrote down Bobby’s suggestion

“Chef, if you don’t mind, I am going to head off…I am feeling a bit tired” Bobby said

“Oh of course…I have everything here, you go off and have some rest” Chef Paul said and smiled. He really liked Bobby, even though technically she was his boss, she respected him.

“Bobby” Chef Paul said

“Yes Chef?” Bobby said as Chef Paul sighed

“The last few weeks have been hard for you..I want you to know that I respect how strong you are..going through what you went through but you are here, still doing amazing work. You are an inspiration to me and I am very proud to  be your Chef” Chef Paul said and smiled

“Thank you Chef” Bobby said and smiled then she looked at the pumpkin soup and walked out of the kitchen

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“Pippa, do you mind if I don’t go to Newcastle..its just that Ben is coming up for the weekend, he has to spend Christmas Day with his family “ Carly said as Pippa sighed

“Alright but you have to phone Alex and tell him that you are not coming” Pippa said

“I will..ill even wake up early and help you make Bobbys birthday cake” Carly said  as Pippa sighed. Bobby had been distant from her, she hadn’t been to the house  either

“Where is Bobby she didn’t come and see us” Sally said

“She is busy sweetheart, I am sure she will come soon” Pippa said

“What about you Steve?” Pippa said as she put the kitchen towels away

“Yeah…I guess” Steve said

“Are you alright?” Pippa said as she looked at Steve

“Yeah, why?” Steve said

“You have been really quiet lately” Pippa said

“No reason..anyway, I start working at the Stewart shop tomorrow for the holiday” Steve said

“What? I thought you said you have loads of homework to do that’s why you couldn’t work at the diner” Carly said

“Yeah…I did but I am all caught up now and I saw Ms Stewart and she asked me..she needs some extra hands with the Stewart's in New York” Steve said as Pippa looked at him suspiciously

“I am going to save up my money, next year I want to go to New York and spend Christmas there with Frank and Roo” Carly said as she sat down at the dinner table and sighed

“Are you going to come with me Sal?” Carly said as Sally put a napkin in front of her

“No” Sally said as Steve looked at her

“Why not? Dont you want to see the snow and all the fun stuff in New York?” Carly said as she smiled imagining she was there

“I SAID NO” Sally said then she put the napkins down and ran upstairs as Carly looked surprised

Soho, Manhattan- New York

Background music –“have you ever been alone theme”

Frank stared at Sam as she laughed when they exchanged stories of getting lost in New York. A few hours ago, he was feeling really down but being here, talking to Sam cheered him up….he wished he was talking to Bobby. Frank nodded as he listened to Sam tell him about growing up in Ferndale and having her heart broken…He told her about growing up in a foster family and how much he missed them. She told him about her part time job, working in a library but her passion was drawing..somewhere during the conversation Sam picked up a pencil and paper and began to draw Frank as they talked.

“Wow…You are really good” Frank said as he looked at the picture. It really looked like him

“Thanks…one of my dreams once I become a pediatrician is to heal children with art therapy” Sam said with a smile

“Always follow your dream” Frank said and looked down at his lap then at the picture Sam drew…he followed his dream to come to New York but he wasn’t happy…he felt alone

“Oh, I didn’t finish the hair” Sam said and leaned forward to grab the photo but touched Franks hand instead then they looked at each other…in her eyes, again he saw Bobby..in this moment he need Bobby…he needed her to comfort him, he wasn’t happy, he needed her to hug him, encourage him…Frank leaned forward then his cheek pressed on Sams cheek and then he made his way to her mouth...they kissed passionately but gently under the bright lights of Manhattan.

Background music ends

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 172

The Bistro- Summer Bay

“Thanks for coming in Narelle, I know its short notice” Matt said as Narelle put on her apron

“Thanks for calling me. With Christmas around the corner, I need the extra money” Narelle said as clocked in

“You going to see your folks?” Matt said

“Yeah, then I am going to Summer Bay to see Bobby” Narelle said as Matt sighed

“What are you doing?” Narelle said

“Barbra has invited my folks over so I guess that’s why I am doing” Matt said and looked down

“Matt…are you alright?” Narelle said as she walked over to Matt then before she could say another word, Matt grabbed her and kissed her. Narelle pulled away, shocked

“What did you do that for?” Narelle said and wiped her mouth

“Im sorry” Matt said and reached out his arm to grab Narelle then she moved away and wet back out to the counter as Matt sighed

St Matthews Church- Summer Bay

Background music Frank and Bobbys theme

Bobby parked her car outside the church. It was getting dark. She didn’t want to go home, she didn’t feel like talking to her dad or Lucinda. She got out of the car and closed the door and slowly walked over to the cemetery. She missed her baby Tom. Even though she never saw him, she missed him being in her stomach..she missed knowing that he was all hers and nobody could take him away. Bobby wanted to be near him. When she got to the cemetery gate, it was closed. She sighed just before she turned away, she noticed someone walking near the graves…the person was tall and slim…it looked like Alan

“Alan?” Bobby said

“Alan its me Bobby” Bobby said again. The person walking didn’t stop. Bobby tried to follow where he was going but he disappeared behind a tree. Bobby sighed then turned around and walked back to her car. Bobby got into the car and closed the door. She was mentally tired and she felt weak because she had not eaten all day..she couldn’t eat, she couldn’t cry and she never slept for most of the night. All she wanted was Frank and Tom….she wanted her family back. Bobby felt like she wanted to cry but no tears came, the day Frank walked away, she didn’t cry. Bobby sighed then started the car engine and drove off

Soho- Manhattan-New York

Sam laid back on the couch as her and Frank continued to kiss. As Frank kissed Sam, he hugged her, he was feeling the comfort that he needed and craved right now. Sam knew that Frank was married, Kate told her but at this moment, she didn’t care, she didnt normally do this but with Frank there was an attraction. As Frank kissed Sam, he closed his eyes and remembered he and Bobby making love in the water at Shoulhaven..how she held on tight to him….how she giggled when he tickled her feet…how her body responded to his every move. Frank began to kiss Sams neck and started to unzip her jeans. Sam undid the button and helped Frank pull her jeans down

Crying from the bedroom

Frank sighed and stopped “Is there something wrong?” Sam said confused

“Listen….Kate is crying” Frank said and sat up as Sam sat up

“Ill go and see if she is alright” Sam said and she got up, quickly pulled up her jeans and went to the bedroom. Frank ran his hands through his hair and stood up and walked over to the window and looked out at the view. Manhattan was beautiful at night…the place you could be with the one you love. Frank felt every confused right now…sleeping with Sam was not going to make things better, probably make things more complicated. Being here was a mistake….he needed to go home to Roo…his wife. Frank heard the bedroom door close and look behind him to see Sam walking to the living room

“Is she alright?” Frank said as he walked back over to the couch

“Yeah, shes listening to music now, hopefully will help her get back to sleep” Sam said as she stood in front of Frank and smiled

“Look, I am sorry for what just happened” Frank said

“I dot understand, what is there to be sorry about?” Sam said confused

“Me and my wife had a bit of an argument tonight and…” Frank was interrupted

“You needed some company?” Sam said and smiled

“Yeah..something like that…I am really sorry….” Frank was interrupted

“Its ok…I understand” Sam said and she sat down on the couch…she was being serious…she did understand. She wasn’t foolish enough to think that her and Frank would ever be anything

“No, its not ok…” Frank said as Sam stood up

“I promise..its ok..and to show you there are no hard feelings, I will buy you lunch any day you want this week…my treat” Sam said as Frank laughed

“Thank you…for understanding” Frank said

“I am a firm believer that people cross our paths for a reason” Sam was interrupted

“The first time I saw you led to some interesting events in my life” Frank said

“I knew I had seen you before somewhere” Sam said

“Yeah on the 1 train…you dropped a bottle of water on the floor” Frank said

“Wow…I don’t even remember that” Sam said as she laughed

Well, I guess there is a reason why our paths have crossed… don’t know what that reason is but I hope its something good” Sam said and smiled

“I really hope that Kate is going to be ok…I miss my sisters and Kate reminds me of them” Frank said concerned

“I hope so too…I really do” Sam said and sighed

Background music ends

Mitchell/Woods residence- Summer Bay

“Are you sure you cant stay?” Martin said as watched Megan pack her things

“No…my parents will be disappointed if I don’t go home for the holiday” Megan said as she packed two bikinis in her bag

“When are you coming back?” Martin said disappointed

“Not sure yet, probably a few days before school starts” Megan said

“You have to come back for New Years eve…the Sands is hosting a New Years eve bash with a live band and everything, its going to be really good” Martin said as Grant came out of his room and into the kitchen

“G’day Grant” Martin said

“hey…so whats this about a party?” Grant said as he took a bottle of water out of the fridge

“the Sands is hosting a New Years eve bash its going to be really good” Martin said

“Im sticking around….I might just show up…how do I get an invite to this bash?” Grant said

“No worried mate, ill put you on the guest list” Martin said

“Thanks” Grant said and he walked out to the veranda

“You said a live band?” Megan said

“Yeah..its going to be really good” Martin said

“Ok..you convinced me..ill come” Megan said

“Beut” Martin said and leaned forward and kissed Megan as he eyes locked with Grant who was looking at them from the veranda

Fisher Residence- Summer Bay

“So Lucinda, are you having a good time Donald said as he sat opposite her in the living room

“Uncle Donald, I am really enjoying being here in Summer Bay, its such a change” Lucinda said

“Yes, things are very different here…how are things going at the diner?” Donald said

“Great, I came just at the right time” Lucinda said

“Well lets not forget that you are going to be putting that management degree to use very soon. Do you have any ideas on where you want to work?” Donald said

“I am not sure. Uncle Alf said he can put a word in at the Sands Resort to see if they have anything” Lucinda said

“That would be wonderful, the hospitality industry is a great starting point” Donald said excited then sighed

“Is something wrong Uncle Donald?” Lucinda said

“No…its just that sometimes I wish Bobby didn’t make that decision to not further her career but be a housekeeper to a man who has half the brain she does” Donald said

“But according to Ruth, he is doing really well, he recently got a promotion” Lucinda said

“It’s a shame he didn’t have those credentials when he and Bobby were married, maybe he would have encouraged her to further her education” Donald said then he heard the door close

“Bobby…hello…you are late” Donald said. Bpbby didn’t respond. She put her keys on the table and looked through the mail to see if there was anything for her

“I left you some dinner in the oven” Lucinda said

“not hungry” Bobby said as she opened a letter addressed to her

“Bobby you are looking really pale and thin these days, you should eat something” Donald said

“I said I am not hungry” Bobby said then she walked to her room and closed the door

“Was that my fault?, I get the impression that I have offended her in some way” Lucinda said

“No, its not you. She has been going through some problems lately, give her some time” Donald said and smiled

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

Background music- Have you ever been alone theme

“Sal, can I come in?” Carly said as she walked into Sallys room and closed the door

Sally walked over to her bed and got in and pulled the covers up to her neck

“Im sorry for making you upset…I just thought you would want to go to New York with me to visit Frank” Carly said

“I don’t want to “ Sally said

“Sal, I thought you loved Frank…I know he would be happy to see you” Carly said

“No he wont and I don’t want to talk about it” Sally said then she put the covers over her head as Carly looked confused and walked out of the room

Morgan Residence- New York

Frank slowly let himself into the apartment and closed the door. He walked over to the table by the couch and turned the light on. Roo was fast asleep. Frank took off his jacket quietly and sat on the couch. His heart was beating fast..he had to speak to her…after what happened tonight, he had to speak to her. He put his hand in the side of his bag and pulled out his calling card and began to dial

Bobby looked at the ceiling, the house was quiet. She heard Lucinda say she was going over to Celias to help with the wedding plans and she heard her dad say he had to go and pick up something from school

Phone ringing

Bobby let the phone ring. She wasn’t interested in talking to anyone. Shortly after, the phone stopped ringing. Bobby turned over to her side and hugged the bear Alan gave her

Phone ringing

Bobby sighed and began to get up. Obviously the person ringing needed to speak to someone in the house. Bobby sighed, opened the bedroom door and walked towards the phone in the kitchen

“Hello” Bobby said when she picked up the receiver from the wall

Frank felt butterflies in her stomach…she answered but he froze..he wanted to talk to her but nothing came out

“Hello?” Bobby said again then she started feeling an odd sensation in her stomach, maybe she needed to eat something even though she wasn’t hungry

Franks heart was beating fast but he just couldn’t say anything then he heard Bobby put the phone down then he slowly put the phone down and sighed. Maybe that was a sign…the same thing Roo had been saying all along…just to leave Australia behind and concentrate on life here…that is what he was going to do..leave Australia alone and concentrate on his life here. Frank sighed and looked at his watch…in a few hours he had to be at work to give Brett his money. Frank sighed again then got up and looked outside the window…it was warm tonight so he slowly opened it to let some air in then he looked at the sky. The moon was very bright tonight and next to it a single star sparkled in the sky. When he was younger, Pippa always told him to wish upon a start and his dream would come true. Frank smiled then looked at the star then shook his head. There was no point because what he wanted would never come true. Frank sighed and slowly removed his clothes and got into bed and stared at the ceiling

Background music ends

Chapter 173

Smart Residence- The City

Matt turned the engine off and sighed. “Look, I am really sorry about earlier” Matt said and rested his elbows on the steering wheel and placed his head into his hands

“That’s ok…there is something wrong with you Matt…you been acting really strange” Narelle said

“I suppose I need to talk to somebody. I usually talk to Frank but I think he has his own problems” Matt said

“Do you want to come in for a coffee?” Narelle said and Matt sighed

“Thanks” Matt said and smiled and they got out of thee car and walked to Narelle’s flat

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Background music- Frank and Bobbys theme

Flashback

Pippa “Hi Bobby, how are you?”

Bobby “Fine”

Pippa “You must be busy because we have not seen you for a while”

Bobby “Yeah, I am”

Pippa “I was wondering if you wanted to come to dinner, we all miss you”

Bobby “I have a lot to do here”

Pippa “Not tonight, maybe another night, you choose”

Bobby “Ill let you know”

Pippa  “Bobby, im really sorry about you and Frank”

Bobby “Its not your fault”

Pippa “You are still my daughter and my heart breaks for you”

Bobby “Don’t bother, it wasn’t going to work out anyway”

Pippa “Is there anything I can do for you?”

Bobby “No, I can take care of myself”

Pippa “Bobby please, don’t shut us out”

Bobby “Im really busy now, the lunch rush will start shortly”

Pippa “Ok well, come over anytime…its still your home”

Bobby “See you later”

Flashback ends

Pippa sighed. She remembered how Bobby distanced herself from them when Frank left, and now she seemed to be doing it again. Pippa sighed

“Carly, keep an ear out for Christopher, I will be back shortly” Pippa said as she got up from the couch, picked up her keys and walked towards the door

“Where are you going? Carly said as she stirred her coffee

“Not far, I wont be long” Pippa said then she opened the door and closed it behind her

Morgan residence- New York

Frank hadn’t slept. He was staring at the ceiling as Roo slept soundly next to him.  It was starting to be light outside so Frank knew he had to be up soon. He had to go to the bank and get the $250 to give to Brett. Frank sighed, he was annoyed that he lost again to Brett, and that he froze when he heard Bobby’s voice on the phone. He thought about Sam and what nearly happened tonight. Everything felt like such a mess to Frank right now…he wasn’t sure about anything anymore.....

Flashback

Roo “I can’t believe this is our first night as husband and wife”

Frank “Well believe it”

Roo “I love you so much Frank…after everything that has happened between us, this feels like a dream”

Frank “Yeah”

Roo “I always had the hope in the back of my heart that we would be together somehow..i just didn’t know how”

Frank “Well we are together now”

Roo “Thank you”

Frank “For what?”

Roo “For loving me and bringing me with you to New York “

Frank “I told you..I am not going anywhere without you…lets toast”

Roo “To what?”

Frank “To a new start”

Roo “To a new start…I love you Frank”

Frank “I love you”

Flashback ends

Frank sighed then turned on to his side. He was unhappy, things were not meant to be like this, nothing felt good he felt trapped and he didn’t know how to get out of it.

Background music ends

Smart Residence- The City

Emotional background music

Narelle put the cup of tea on the table in front of Matt

“Thanks” Matt said and sighed

It felt good to finally get things off his chest that had been building up for the last few weeks

“So what are you going to do?” Narelle said as she sat opposite Matt

“I really don’t know what to do…if I loved her, things would be easy but  I don’t…I never did . Even when she was pregnant, I tried to but it was fake” Matt said

“I think not telling her how you feel is going to make things worse” Narelle said

“Yeah, that’s what Frank said but shes still grieving, I cant just leave her” Matt said

“Yeah but staying with her and lying isn’t making you happy and makes things worse in the future” Narelle said

“Yeah, I suppose..But I cant walk out now, its Christmas” Matt said

“Leaving it any longer is not going to make it easier…look I will be heading out on Sunday to spend the holiday’s with my folks, Ill give you a spare key so if you do leave and want some space, you can stay here” Narelle said as she grabbed her purse, took out her keys and took off the spare set and gave it to Matt

“Thanks…about earlier…I didn’t mean to kiss you…I was just confused” Matt said

“Its ok..Matt, make a decision before its too late

“Yeah, I will” Matt said and sighed

"When you go to Summer Bay and you see Carly.....please tell her I said hello" Matt said as he looked at Narelle. Narelle smiled and nodded her head

Background music ends

Chambers Residence- Summer Bay

Jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle bell rock
Jingle bells swing and jingle bells ring
Snowing and blowing up bushels of fun
Now the jingle hop has begun” Marilyn sang as she wrap a Christmas present

“Oh Diane this truly is the most wonderful time of the year…don’t you just love Christmas?” Marilyn said as she got up and put the present under the tree.

“Whats got into you?” Diane said as she watched Marilyn

“Oh I don’t know…its just wonderful when you are in love” Marilyn said as Dinae rolled her eyes

“Is Mr Ben joining us for Christmas?” Diane said

“No, he has to be home with his family but he is coming here on Friday so we can exchange presents” Marilyn said

“Linne, don’t you find it a bit strange that Ben hasn’t introduced you to any of his family or friends?” Diane said

“Of course not, all his friends are in the Army and his family live far away” Marilyn said

“I know but you have been together for a few months, why has he never invited you to his parents home?” Diane said

“Because he works all the time..we have talked about it, probably next year we will go and visit his family…are you happy now” Marilyn said with a smile

“That’s sounds great, maybe we can invite them down and have dinner or something” Diane said as she left the living room and went to the kitchen. Marilyn got up and stood by the window. She felt bad lying to Diane. Ben never brought up the subject of her meeting his family or friends. Marilyn sighed then smiled and shook her head. She never asked Ben about meeting his family and maybe she should…that’s what she was going to do, when he comes over, invite his family to dinner. Marilyn smiled at the idea and went back to wrapping some presents as she sang to herself.

Flashback

Donald “Oh Bobby, you shouldn’t do this to yourself”

Bobby “Dad this hurts so much...what did I do that was so wrong?”

Donald “Nothing Bobby, it just wasn’t meant to be”

Bobby “we stood in the church, we were supposed to be together for ever”

Donald “Bobby you have to try and get over him”

Bobby “How can I? I still love him as much as the first day I saw him…how is that going to go away”

Donald “I promise you Bobby, things will get better…you will find someone else

Bobby “No I wont Dad…my heart is broken, I don’t want anyone else”

Flashback ends

Bobby sighed…she remembered that day like it was yesterday. Bobby turned over to her side and hugged the bear. After the phonecall, her stomach settled but she was still not hungry.

Door knocking

Bobby wasn’t expecting anyone and Dad and Lucinda both had a key so she didn’t get up to open the door

Door knocking

Bobby sighed then got out of bed and walked over to the front door

“Who is it?” Bobby said

“Bobby its me” Pippa said then Bobby exhaled and opened the door

“Hi…can I come in?” Pippa said as she tried to contain her surprise. Bobby looked really pale and tired

Bobby didn’t respond, she walked in the living room and sat down. Shortly after, Pippa walked into the living room and sat down.

“I hope you don’t mind me coming over…I just wanted to see you” Pippa said as Bobby looked at her feet. Neither said a word as Pippa  for a few minutes as Pippa looked at Bobby. She looked very sad and this hurt Pippa…her daughter was hurting.

“How are you?” Pippa said

“Ok” Bobby said still looking at her feet. She had distanced herself from the Fletchers, she didn’t want to be reminded of losing Tom…

Pippa couldn’t hold it in anymore and sat next to Bobby

“Sweetheart, you are not OK, look at you…you look as if you have not had any sleep and you are pale” Pippa said as she put her arm around Bobby. Bobby didn’t move

“You distanced yourself from us when Frank left…I am not going to allow you to do it again…I lost my grandson, its hurting me too” Pippa said and began to cry. Bobby didn’t respond

“If you don’t want to talk to me, that’s fine. I am going to sit here all night until you realize that I am grieving too… I love you Bobby,   I don’t want you to shut me out of your life ” Pippa said. Bobby didn’t respond. Pippa sighed and wiped her eye with the back of her hand.

Bobby turned around and looked at Pippa and slowly she turned herself around and put her head in Pippa’s lap as Pippa gently stoked her hair, smiled and exhaled.

Background music ends

Chapter 174

Three days later

Chambers Residence- Yabbie Creek

Background music- Carlys theme

“Don’t open it until Christmas day” Ben said as he gave Marilyn the wrapped present. Marilyn smiled, she was very excited. She got up from the couch and walked over to the tree, bent down and picked up Bens present and walked back over to the couch. Her cousin Dianne had gone out for the evening so they had the house to themselves.

“Now you don’t open this until Christmas day” Marilyn said and smiled as Ben leaned forward and kissed her.

“I wish you didn’t have to go” Marilyn said as she hugged Ben

“I know but my folks are expecting me” Ben said as he looked at Marilyn

“Well..since I am not going to see you, I have one more present to give you” Marilyn said as she stood up and put her hand out. Ben smiled, took her hand, stood up and followed Marilyn to the bedroom

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Carly closed the door and sighed. She had spent the last few hours getting one of the vans ready for Ben. He was arriving tomorrow and staying overnight. Carly smiled…this was going to be their first night together and she wanted it to be special. Carly emptied the bucket in the sink and wiped her hands and tried to remember if she had forgotten anything. For some reason she felt very nervous

“Still cleaning?” Pippa said as she walked into the kitchen

“Im all finished now” Carly said with a smile

“You look really happy sweetheart” Pippa said

“Pippa, I really love Ben…I think he is the one” Carly said

“I think he must be if you are cleaning out a van” Pippa said and laughed

“Pippa! That’s not fair, I do my share of housework around here” Carly said

“I know, Im just teasing…..I am happy for you” Pippa said as she put her arm around Carly

“I think next year is going to be a really good year” Carly said

“Lets hope so” Pippa said

“I know so” Carly said with a smile

“Now, don’t forget you promised to wake up early on Monday to help me make Bobbys birthday cake” Pippa said

“I havnt forgotten” Carly said and shook her head and smiled

Background music ends

Bobby closed the door, sighed and rolled her eyes as she heard Donald and Lucinda laughing in the living

“Hello Bobby, you’re home late” Donald said he paused the video as Bobby put her keys on the table

“Lucinda and I are just watching some old home videos of her Ruth, Alan, Rebecca and David when they were younger. Why don’t you come and join us” Donald said

“I’m going to take a shower and go to bed” Bobby said as she was about to walk out

“Bobby, Lucinda is your cousin, I think you have been rather rude not making her feel at home here” Donald said and Bobby didn’t respond

“Its fine Uncle Donald, Bobby and I see each other all day at the diner” Lucida said and she smiled. Bobby looked at her and didn’t respond

“No its not fine” Donald said as Bobby walked out of the living room and into her room

“Please excuse me Lucinda” Donald said as he got up and followed Bobby to the room. Lucinda looked at he box next to her. Alf had given her a box of some photos and videos of her and Ruth. Lucinda picked up some photos and looked at them. She smiled at the ones of her and Ruth making funny faces. She smiled at the photo of her, Ruth, Matt and Shane. Lucinda turned the photo over and smiled. Ruth had written “The two Mrs Wilsons” Lucinda sighed and put the photos back in the box.

“Bobby what is the matter with you? You really need to pull yourself together. You look dirty and untidy in these old clothes” Donald said as he looked at Bobby.  Bobby looked at him and didn’t respond.

“You are business woman of the year, no one would ever think it with the way you are behaving. Look at Lucinda, look how respectable she is, she has a degree and will be entering the workforce soon..if you didn’t play housekeeper to  Frank, that could’ve been you” Donald said annoyed as Bobby looked at him

“Pull yourself together and start acting your age instead of walking around here looking unkept and miserable” Donald said as he walked out of the bedroom. Bobby didn’t respond, she walked over to the chair to pick up her towel

“Sorry about that Lucinda” Donald said as he got into the living room and sat down

“What is that?” Donald said

“It’s a tape I found in the box, its Ruth and someone else singing a song” Lucinda said

“Hmm that sounds nice, turn the volume up a little bit” Donald said

“Have you ever been alone, wondering where tomorrow, have you ever wondered why Im so glad I found you”

Bobby opened the bedroom door to walk out and she froze

“I was just a dreamer, going nowhere, just another loser,

with no one to share. Have you ever been alone? wondering where tomorrow leads to,

have you ever wondered why, im so glad I found you”

Bobby slowly shut the door and stood behind it.

“knock at the door”

“ill get that” Donald said as he got up and went to the front door a few moments later he returned to the living room with Celia behind him

“I am sorry to call around so late but I wanted to bring over these magazines for Lucinda to have a look at” Celia said as she walked over to Lucinda, who stood up

“No trouble at all Celia” Donald said

“I was thinking of these center pieces for the main table” Celia said as she showed Lucinda the pictures in the magazine

“Oh I do wish Ruth can come to the wedding…just hearing her sing..I always liked her singing this song” Celia said as she hummed along to the instrumental

“So Ruth isn’t coming to the wedding?” Donald said

“She has such a busy schedule, I do hope she can” Celia said

“Maybe with the news of an addition to the family?” Donald said as Bobby’s heart sank

“Oh no, I spoke to Ruth two days ago and she assured me that she isn’t in a rush to start a family soon. She said the world is her oyster and she will have children when she is ready”

“Have you ever been alone, wondering where tomorrow, have you ever wondered why Im so glad I found you”

Bobby’s  heart began to beat fast and her breathing became faster as she processed what she just heard.

“I spoke to Ruth two days ago and she assured me that she isn’t in a rush to start a family soon”

Bobby felt like she was going to faint….Morag lied…She wanted to cry but the tears wouldn’t come out. She held onto the door with one hand and put the other on her head…Morag lied…Morag lied…Morag lied…Morag lied Bobby said to herself as she slowly slid on the floor behind the door…

“Have you ever wondered why Im so glad I found you”

Morag lied..Bobby said to herself as her heart beat fast and she began to shake…Morag lied…

Macklin Office- New York

Frank stared at Jerry as he remembered the night he found Kate in the bathroom after she had been attacked. Jerry caught Frank looking at him and he smiled then continued on with his work.

Flashback

Frank “I just came over to see how you are”

Kate “im fine”

Frank “Did you change your mind about telling the police?”

Kate “No, I just want to forget it”

Frank “I don’t agree with that but its your choice”

Kate “I decided that its time for me to go back home to ohio”

Frank “Are you going to tell your parents and your boyfriend what happened?”

Kate “I told my mom..she coming to get me tomorrow. I don’t know how I can tell Shane…I don’t think he will want me after this”

Frank “He loves you, don’t think that way”

Kate “I know he does but I don’t know if he will love love me after this”

Frank “It wasn’t your fault”

Kate “Maybe this was meant to happen…maybe this was my lesson to know that I didn’t belong here”

Frank “Nothing like this is meant to happy to anyone”

Kate “I know but sometimes things happen to show you that you are meant to be elsewhere”

Frank “I would agree if this was under a different circumstance”

Kate “Thank you for being my friend”

Frank “Promise me one thing”

Kate “Yes”

Frank “Don’t give up on you and Shane…your love will help you get through this”

Kate “Thanks”

Frank “Take care of yourself and be happy”

Kate “You too”

Flashback ends

Frank sighed. He was sad to see Kate go, she was pretty much his only friend here. He still felt guilty for what happened to her, like he felt when Carly was attacked. He should’ve protected them both. Without Kate, he rarely spoke to the others…at times he felt they didn’t know he was there.

“Hi Frank” Franks thoughts were interrupted then he looked up from his desk to see a very familiar face smiling at him….Stacey

“Thank you for my Christmas present” Ben said as Marilyn kissed him as he put on his shirt

“Cant you stay the night?” Marilyn said

“I wish I could but I need to get back for some duties before I leave for Perth” Ben said

“Ben, I was thinking…maybe I can come with you to Perth or maybe meet you there” Marilyn said

“Why?” Ben said

“We have been dating for a while, you have met my family and friends but I haven’t met yours” Marilyn said as she stroked Bens cheek

“I told you, my friends are all in the military and my family lives in Perth” Ben said

“I know, that’s why I want to go with you silly” Marilyn said with a smile

“Maybe you should wait to be invited first” Ben said

“Invited? Ben, I am your girlfriend and I am making an executive decision about our relationship- I am going with you and that is final” Marilyn said with a smile then she giggled. Ben wasn’t smiling

“What is the weather like there- what should I pack?” Marilyn said as she walked over to her wardrobe and pulled out her suitcase

“Why are you packing? You are not coming with me” Ben said

“Yes I am, I cant wait to meet your family…I think this two piece is nice and conservative to meet your parents what do you think? Marilyn said as she put the skirt and top up against her and looked in the mirror

“I said you are not coming with me,,why are you do listening?” Ben said as he started to get annoyed and walked over to Marilyn

“What do you think of this jacket?” Marilyn said as she took the jacket off the hanger and began to fold it

“Are you disobeying me?” Ben said

“Come on Ben, we are going to have a good time. I will be the perfect guest…I promise” Marilyn said and stroked Bens cheek as he looked at her with a very angry look on his face

“What do you think” Marilyn was Interrupted when she felt a sharp pain across her face. Ben had just used the back of his hand and slapped her. Marilyn was shocked. She put her hand up to her face

“I told you…you are not coming to Perth with me…you do as I say and wait to be invited” Ben said then he walked over to the chair, picked up his jacket and walked out of the house. Marilyn heard the front door close and she looked at her self in the mirror. Her expression was still of shock then a tear ran down her check as she looked at her reflection

Background music ends

Chapter 175

Manhattan- New York

“So how long have you been in Texas?” Frank said as he and Stacey sat down in a coffee shop

“Not very long. I am heading up a new project down there so its been taking some time to get adjusted …thank you” Stacey said as the waitress put two cups on the table

“You are the last person I expected to see. I never thought you would go back and work with your dad” Frank said as he put some milk in his coffee”

“Neither did I but Dad is the one who reached out to me when I was working in LA” Stacey said then she sipped her coffee “He made me an offer I couldn’t refuse and here I am” Stacey said with a smile

“I am glad things worked out for you” Frank said

“Congratulation on the promotion” Stacey said with a smile

“I guess news travels fast” Frank said then sipped his coffee

“Good news travels fast and is the reason why I traveled here to see you” Stacey said

“Oh yeah?” Frank said suspiciously

“Im here to make you an offer that I hope you don’t refuse” Stacey said with a smile as Frank looked at curiously

Marilyn carefully unwrapped the present. Inside the box there was a card. Marilyn turned the card over and opened the envelope. When she pulled the envelope out of the card, she smiled. Marilyn opened the card and read it out loud “To the most beautiful girl in the world, Merry Christmas, Love Ben. Marilyn smiled and put the card down then opened a smaller box. It was a silver necklace with a heart pendent. Marilyn took the necklace out of the box and walked over to the mirror. She put the necklace on and looked at herself. She looked at her face…it was stilly puffy and red. This was the first time that Ben had hit her. He usually grabbed or pushed her and most of those times, Marilyn Deserved it because she would make him mad. Tonight was no different…she shouldn’t have asked meeting his family..she shouldn’t have pushed. Marilyn jumped when she heard the door open. Diane must be home. Marilyn quickly put her make up on her face. She looked at her face and sighed, the bruise around her eye was showing through the makeup. Marilyn could hear her cousin walking towards her room. Marilyn took her hair out of the pony tail and pulled it near her eye

Knock on the door

“Linne, are you awake?” Diane said from behind the door. Marilyn walked to the door and opened it

“Has Ben gone?” Diane said

“Yeah he had to go” Marilyn said

“Oh that is a pretty necklace” Diane said as she grabbed the pendent which made Marilyn jump

“Are you alright?” Diane said

“Yes, sorry, just a bit tired” Marilyn said

“Ok, well, goodnight” Diane said as Marilyn smiled and slowly closed the door

“Hey, I was thinking” Diane said as she quickly turned around and looked at Marilyn and a look of shock came across her face

“Linne, what happened to your face?” Diane said as she pulled back Marilyns hair

“Oh nothing, just clumsy me walking into the door” Marilyn said faking a smile

“No Linne, this is more than that….did Ben hit you?” Dianne said

“Linne please don’t lie” Diane said as she examined Marilyns face

“He didn’t mean it…it was my fault..I shouldn’t have asked about meeting his family” Marilyn said

“Marilyn, don’t make excuses for him, he is a jerk…you need to leave him” Diane said

“I love him” Marilyn said as a tear dropped from her eye

“Linne, this is not love” Diane said as Marilyn began to cry. Diane hugged her and sighed

Background music ends

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Background music- Frank and Bobby's theme

Bobby slowly opened the front door. Everyone was still asleep. Bobby slowly walked over to the desk and put the envelope on the phone then she slowly walked back to the door and locked it behind her. Bobby walked over to her old van and remembered the times she would sneak into it to be with Frank. Bobby put her head on the side of van and exhaled then she quickly walked over to her car, got in and drove away

Pippa walked into the kitchen, picked up the kettle and put some water into it. She then put the kettle on the fire and put her hand on hips as she thought about what she had to do today then from the corner of her eye, she saw something on the phone. She walked over to the phone and picked up the envelope with her name on it. Pippa slowly walked over to the table as she opened the letter then she sat down

Dear Pippa,

I’m leaving Summer bay for a little while. I feel like I am suffocating. Don’t worry about me, I will be fine, I just need some space to clear my head. Can you please take care of the diner until Ailsa gets back. Carly will show you how to bank the takings, do the rota, close/open up etc

Sorry for bailing on my birthday cake…please save me a slice

Happy Christmas…..I love you

Bobby

Pippa sighed then she wiped the tear from her eye. Maybe this was the best thing for Bobby. Pippa’s thoughts were interrupted when the kettle started boiling. She got up quickly and turned it off and sighed

“I didn’t say I was going to take it, I told her I would speak to you about it” Frank said and sighed

“From the sounds of it, you have already made up your mind…that is what you do isn’t it…plan secretly to take jobs behind your wife’s back” Roo said

“Im not pIanning anything. If I have made up my mind, why would I bring it up?” Frank said as Roo styled her hair in the mirror

“Look, this is a really good opportunity, I get to manage an entire project and get a big increase in salary. For the amount of money, we pay here in rent, we can live in a mansion with a pool in Texas” Frank said

“A mansion with a pool eh? So what do you expect me to do all day, just sit at home all day doing nothing? I have a job, I have a career. How can you expect me to just jump up and leave because you say so” Roo said annoyed then put lipstick on

“This will be a fresh start for us, maybe being in Texas might make it easier being here. We will have more space so family can come and visit” Frank said as Roo rolled her eyes

“Can you at least think about it, you get to have your dream house and everything” Frank said

“I don’t care about the dream house, I want to be here, in New York where I work in a job I like. I am not your housekeeper” Roo said

“You said you would go anywhere if you could be with me” Frank said and sighed

“And I did, I left Australia to come here with you” Roo said

“Knock on the door”

Frank sighed and went and sat on the couch

“Sorry, I hope we are not late” Alf said as he Ailsa and Duncan walked into the small apartment

“You sure you are alright looking after Duncan” Alf said as he looked at Frank and smiled. Tonight was Roo’s office Christmas party and she was going to get the award of Rookie of the year. Since the Macklin party, things had been really tense between them. Frank made the decision not to go tonight so he wouldn’t ruin Roo’s night.

“Yeah, I miss Christopher so it will be nice to be around a baby” Frank said as Roo looked at him with an annoyed look on his face as Ailsa looked at him

“You look like a million bucks love” Alf said as he looked at Roo. He was so happy that his daughter was doing well

“Here is Duncan’s bag. Everything you will need will be in here” Ailsa said

“We will be fine. I know the number of the venue if there is a problem” Frank said as he looked at Roo put her coat on. She looked stunning. She was wearing a black evening gown. He didnt recognize her, she had changed so much

“I guess we are of then. Don’t wait up” Alf said as he Ailsa and Roo left the apartment. Frank sighed and looked at Duncan who just stared at him then a few seconds later began to cry.

Background music ends

I edited Bobby's letter to Pippa. Bobby asks Pippa to manage the Diner until Ailsa gets back

Chapter 176

Stewart Residence- Summer Bay

“Good, you’re awake. You can get dressed and come shopping with me. I need to get a few more things for dinner”

“How much more cooking do you need to do?” Rebecca said and she rolled her eyes

“This Christmas is going to be really special” Barbra said

“Why?” Rebecca said as she opened the fridge door

“This would’ve been the first Christmas with the baby…I want to make it special for Matt and his family” Barbra said then she went back to writing her list

Rebecca had to stop herself from laughing, she knew the truth…she knew there was never a baby.

“I changed my mind…I want to go and spend Christmas with Dad and Bobby in Summer bay” Rebecca said as she poured some milk on her cereal

“No, you’re not. You are going to stay here and spend Christmas with your family” Barbra said

“Dad and Bobby are family” Rebecca said

“Look, I went through a terrible time losing the baby, I just want you to be here with me…please” Barbra said as Rebecca looked at her. She felt sorry for her Mum, sorry that she had to lie but then she had her own secrets she didn’t want coming out. She smiled at her and walked over to the table to eat her breakfast

St James Church -Newcastle

Background music- Frank and Bobby’s theme

“I spoke to Ruth two days ago and she assured me that she isn’t in a rush to start a family soon”

Since Bobby left Summer Bay all she could think of was what Celia said. “Tom died because Morag lied to me” Bobby said to herself as she parked her car

“Tom died because Morag lied to me” Bobby said as she turned the car engine off

“Tom died because Morag lied to me” Bobby said as she opened the card door and stepped out

“Tom died because Morag lied to me” Bobby said as she looked around the church grounds and saw a man kneeling down and fixing the flowers and her heart started beating fast

“REVEND JONES” Bobby shouted as she began to run to the Clergy house. Hearing the shouting made Les jump. He turned around to see a familiar face running toward the Clergy house, it was Roberta.

“REVEREND JONES” Bobby said frantically as she knocked on the door with no answer. She ran around the side of the house, Reverend Jones’ car was there

“REVEREND JONES” Bobby said a she looked around distressed. She felt like she couldn’t breathe and put her hand on her chest

Les got up and hurriedly walked towards her to see if he could help

“REVEREND JONES” Bobby shouted as looked around. She was confused, tired and felt like everything was spinning around her

“Roberta are you ok?” Les said as he stood in front of her. He wanted to comfort her but he couldn’t due to the rules of the release program

Shortly after Reverend Jones and Deacon Thompson came running out of the church

“ROBERTA” Reverend Jones said as ran towards Bobby.

“Roberta, what is the matter?” Reverend Jones said as he grabbed onto Bobby

“Reverend Jones” Bobby said struggling to speak “She lied…my baby died….because Morag lied…she…she..she said they were having a baby..they ..are..not…having a baby…she lied” Bobby said then she fainted in Reverend Jones arms as Reverend Jones closed his eyes in sadness and Les stood feeling helpless

Background music ends

Cipriani Restaurant- Manhattan- New York

Alf and Ailsa clapped as Roo walked towards their table then stopped to talk to someone

“Ails, I can’t believe it, Ruthy is doing so well. A few years ago, who knew her life would be like this” Alf said with pride

“Yes, things have worked out for her, she has done very well” Ailsa said and smiled. Alf didn’t hear but as she walked to the apartment, she could hear Frank and Roo arguing. She couldn’t hear what they were arguing about but she knew they were arguing.

“Ruthy, I am so proud of you” Alf said as Roo sat down next to him and gave him a hug.

“I can’t believe it dad, everything is so perfect…thank you for coming” Roo said

“I want to make a toast” Alf said as he motioned for Roo and Ailsa to pick up their glasses

“To Ruth, wishing you more success for the future” Alf said then then they clinked glasses. Roo drank some of her champagne then when she looked straight ahead someone was looking at her and raised his glass too…..it was Donavan. Roo’s heart skipped and she smiled

Background music - Frank and Bobby’s theme

Frank looked at Duncan, he was fast asleep. He managed to get things under control and strop Duncan crying with some games and songs. Frank smiled as he covered Duncan with a blanket. This is how he imagined he would be with his own son one day. Frank smiled and walked over to the couch and put Duncan’s toys back into his bag.  Frank smiled to himself then he went to the closet and pulled out the bag of Christmas presents he brought for his family. He smiled then he put the bag down and reached into the closet and pulled out his guitar. Frank walked over to the couch with the guitar and sat down then opened it. He took a small box out of the guitar case and out the case on the floor. Frank got up and went over to the desk and picked up the wrapping paper and tape and walked back to the couch. He put them on the couch next to him and picked up the box and opened it and smiled. He took out the gold necklace. It was very shiny, just like the pendent. Frank put them back in the box and began to wrap them. When he finished, he taped a tag to the box then picked up a pen that was on the table. Frank clicked the pen then wrote Bobby on the tag. Then he put the box in the bag with the other gifts and went back to sit on the couch and watch TV

Background music ends

Dad,

I need some time alone so I am leaving Summer Bay for a while. Don’t worry about me, I’ll be fine

Happy Christmas

Bobby

Donald read the letter again and sighed

“Stupid girl…always running away” Donald said out loud

“Did you say something Uncle Donald?” Lucinda said as she put her cardigan on

“Yes, there has been a change of mind, I will accept that invitation from your Mum to spend the holidays there” Donald said as he screwed up the letter and threw it away

“That is wonderful, I know Mum will be happy to see you…will Bobby be coming too?” Lucinda said as Donald sighed “No, she won’t be joining us.  Bobby has a tendency to run away when things become a little tough…she’s always making stupid mistakes then runs away instead of dealing with the consequences. Look at Ruth, all that business with being an unwed mother, she stayed in Summer Bay and dealt with the town gossips” Donald said and he got up. Lucinda looked at him

“Anyway, I look forward to your Mothers mash potato” Donald said as Lucinda smiled

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Background music- Frank and Bobby’s theme

Pippa took out the last batch of scones from the oven. She wanted to get everything ready for the trip tomorrow to New Castle so that she can go to the diner and close up as Bobby requested. She wanted to call Donald, see if he was alright but since the kiss incident, he has stayed away and she had not seen him. Pippa felt wrong for saying this but she really wished that Frank was here…she needed to talk to someone about this….she couldn’t tell Alex, Bobby would be upset…maybe if Frank had known about the pregnancy, things would be different…. maybe if he knows now…he would come to Summer Baby and Bobby will be alright like last time….maybe if he just knew….he could grieve like she is grieving. Pippa sighed then walked over the phone, opened the draw and took out a calling card and her phone book and sighed

Frank laughed quietly at the program on the TV

“Phone ringing”

Frank reached his arm out and picked up the receiver

“Hello” Frank said

“Hello Sweetheart, it’s me” Pippa said

“Hi Pippa, I wasn’t expecting to hear from you, how are you?” Frank said with a smile

“Fine, I just finished baking some scones for tomorrow and wanted to say hello. I know you will be busy with Alf, Ailsa and Duncan so I wanted to get my Happy Christmas in earlier” Pippa said trying not to cry

“I was going to call on Monday anyway. What’s going on tomorrow?” Frank said curiously

“We are heading to Newcastle to spend the day with Alex. He invited us up for the Nativity” Pippa said

“That’s sounds great, guess what?” Frank said

“What sweetheart?” Pippa said

“Stacey Macklin came to see me, she offered me a really good job in Texas” Frank said excited

“That is wonderful sweetheart, sounds like all your dreams are coming true..are you going to take the job” Pippa said with sadness on her voice

“I want to but Roo isn’t happy about it because she doesn’t want to leave her job but I have asked her to think about it…it will be a really good decision, we can get a bigger house so you all can visit” Frank said excited

“That sounds wonderful” Pippa said trying to hide her sadness

“Pippa, is there something wrong?” Frank said as he detected Pippa’s voice change

“No, nothing is wrong” Pippa said

“Pippa, please don’t hide anything from me” Frank said as Pippa sighed

“Frank…I want to tell you something” Pippa said

“Ok, what’s wrong” Frank said

Background music ends dramatically

Chapter 177

Bayside Diner- Summer Bay

Backgroud music from the Diner jukebox

And I can't forget the way that it started.
Giving it all
Ready to fall in love!
And now you're giving me a heartache

Fools game 
It's a shame shame 
It's a heartache and I feel the pain.
You'll find it hard leaving me

“Im sorry we don’t have any more of the chocolate cake” Carly said

“Why not? I put my order in last week, Bobby said she would make it for me” The Customer said

“Sorry, she made some but they all ran out” Carly said as the customer walked out of the diner mad

Carly and Lucinda looked at each other and Carly sighed

“Did Bobby tell Mr Fisher when she was coming back? Carly said

“No, he just said she has taken off for a while” Lucinda said. She didn’t want to tell Carly everything else that Uncle Donald said

Im going to call home, see if Pippa knows anything” Carly said and she picked up the phones and dialed the Caravan Park but got the engaged tone

“The phone is engaged…ill try later” Carly said as she put the phone down

“I have a package for Miss Bobby Simpson the courier said as he got to the counter

“Shes not here, I am her sister, I can take it for her” Carly said

“Ok, just sign here” Carly said and she signed the courier’s notepad

“Thanks” He said and he walked away

Carly put the box on the side of the counter and tried the Caravan park again

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“Pippa are you there?” Frank said

“Yes I am here love” Pippa said, she really wanted to tell him but it took a long time for Bobby to trust her, she couldn’t risk losing that trust

“You said you wanted to tell me something” Frank said and Pippa sighed

“I just wanted to tell you that I really miss you and I wish you were going to be here for Christmas” Pippa said

“I know, me too. I hope Roo says yes about this job, we can get a house will lots of space and hopefully next year, we can have Christmas here” Frank said as Pippa smiled

“That will be wonderful” Pippa said and smiled

“How are Steve and Sal? I haven’t had any letters from them” Frank said

“They are fine, Steve is working in the Stewarts shop and Sally is fine” Pippa said

“Please ask them to write, I really miss them” Frank said.

“I will” Pippa said

“Pippa, how is Bobby?” Frank said then Pippa froze

“Shes fine…shes gone away for a few days so im looking after the diner for her” Pippa said

“Oh…Ok” Frank said

“I am sure you are busy, I don’t want to keep you..Ill save some of the card to call you on Monday” Pippa said

“No, don’t worry, I will call you” Frank said

“Ok..I love you Sweetheart, Happy Christmas and give my love to Roo” Pippa sid

“I will, I love you” Frank said

“Bye” Pippa said then she put the phone down and smiled and sighed. She always felt better when she spoke to Frank. She wished she could tell him the truth but she couldn’t. Pippa sighed and walked back to the kitchen to put the scones in a container.

Frank put the phone down

Flashback

Brett “Hello Frank”

Frank “Don’t worry I got your money”

Brett “Good, I was just thinking of what I wanted to buy for Bobby”

Frank “You don’t need to count it, its all there”

Brett “Maybe I wont buy her anything, Ill probably whisk her away for a few days on my parents boat, sail around the coast and make love by moonlight

Frank “I have work to do”

Brett “Sure, don’t let me stop you…ll be sure to tell Bobby you said hello

Flashback ends

Frank sighed..so Bobby went away with Brett. Frank found himself getting angry then he walked over to the bag of presents and took the one out that he wrapped for her. He started breathing heavily and started to ripped up the wrapping then Duncan started crying. Frank stopped then quickly opened the closet door, took the guitar case out and opened it sideways and pushed the small box in then rushed over to comfort Duncan.

St James Clergy House- Newcastle

Les looked through the window. Roberta was still distressed. He couldn’t hear what was being said, he shouldn’t have been looking through the window but he felt sad because he was helpless, he wanted to comfort her and let her know that whatever the issue is, things will be ok. Les looked at Reverend Jones tried to calm her down he sighed then walked away from the window. He walked over to a quiet corner of the garden and knelt down

Dear Father

I kneel before you asking comfort for the young woman in distress. I felt helpless, I couldn’t comfort her but Father, I pray that you send your healing spirit to comfort her heart. TF look after your Mum ok

Amen

Les got up from the ground then he had an idea, something which he hoped would help

Bobby exhaled, her breathing became normal and the shivering had stopped. She was very tired. She had not slept properly since she got out of the hospital and had not eaten for three days. She picked up the cup of tea and took a small sip she could feel it going down her stomach because she had no other food in it. She put the cup down and covered herself with the blanket.

“How are you feeling now?” Reverend Jones said

“Better” Bobby said and tried to smile

“I am sorry about coming here and shouting” Bobby said

“Its fine, I am glad that you came” Reverend Jones said as he poured himself some tea then sighed

“Do you want to talk about what you said earlier?” Reverend Jones said

Bobby shook her head no. She didn’t want to say it again

“That’s fine, we can sit here as long as you want” Reverend Jones said with a smile

“Thank you…I am not going back to Summer Bay yet….I feel like I am suffocating…I cant cope…I thought I could but I cant..” Bobby said

“You can stay here as long as you want” Reverend Jones said

“Thank you but I need to be alone, that is how I have always dealt with things” Bobby said

“Do you know where you are going?” Reverend Jones said

“Im not sure yet but don’t worry, I will be fine” Bobby said

“Please forgive me for saying this but Roberta you don’t look well, you look very pale and frail” Reverend Jones said

“I haven’t eaten in 3 days…im just not hungry and I have not slept well” Bobby said as Reverend Jones looked at her in shock

“Can you promise me something?” Reverend Jones said

“What is it?” Bobby said

“Will you have something to eat with me then go and take a nap before you head off” Reverend Jones said as Bobby smiled

“Ok” Bobby said. She felt safe here, maybe she would be able to eat and have some sleep because she was really tired

Background music ends

Cipriani -Manhattan- New York

Background music

“This place is lovely” Alf said as he and Ailsa danced. He was really happy. Edison Agency hired the private room for their Christmas party.

“It’s a shame Frank didn’t come, he needed to be here with his wife” Alf said

“He said he wasn’t feeling well, Roo seems to be ok with it” Ails said

“Yeah but” Alf was interrupted

“Lets just have a good holiday love…leave things alone” Ailsa said as she looked around the room and spotted Roo talking to a man

“Congratulations” Donovan said and he kissed Roo’s cheek. His beard tickled Roo and she felt butterflies in her stomach

“Thank you…nice to see you” Roo said

“You look beautiful” Donovan said

“Thank you” Roo said and blushed

“Not here with your husband?” Donovan said

“With my Dad and Step mum, Frank is not feeling well so is babysitting my little brother” Roo said a she looked at Donavan. He was more handsome than she remembered and he looked really good in his suit. Roo was really attracted to him.

“The way you look tonight, I wouldn’t let you out by yourself” Donovan said and sipped his drink as Roo blushed

“There you are” Nancy’s voice made Roo jump

“Hello darling” Nancy said and she kissed Donovan

“Congratulations Ruth, I am proud of you” Nancy said as she kissed Roo’s cheek

“I have you to thank, it was you taking me under your wing and teaching me everything” Roo said and smiled

“I just helped a little bit, you did all the work” Nancy said and smiled

“Darling, we have to go and say hello to Jack Simons” Nancy said as she pulled Donavan’s arm

“Ok” Donavan said

“Ruth we will see you later” Nancy said and she turned around to walk away but before Donavan did, he winked at Roo and she blushed but very very jealous as Donovan walked away with Nancy….from across the room, Ailsa saw what happened and she sighed

Background music ends

(Background music from the Diner jukebox)

Don't go for second best baby
Put your love to the test you know, you know you've got to
Make him express how he feels and maybe
Then you'll know your love is real

“G’day” Adam said as he got to the counter. Lucinda smiled

“Hi” She said. Adam had made it known to her that he was interested and they had been out a few times. Lucinda liked him, he reminded her of Shane, her first love

“How are you?” Adam said

“Good, thanks. Its been really busy today, everyone picking up their orders. I don’t know how Bobby was able to make everything” Lucinda said and smiled

Well, Can I take you out tonight before you go home tomorrow?” Adam said as he looked at Lucinda. He liked her. She was different than the other woman he dated previously. She was very smart

“Sure…you can pick me up from the house at 8pm” Lucinda said with a smile

“Ill see you later…” Adam said and he winked at Lucinda then left the diner

“Someone is in love” Carly teased as she stood behind Lucinda

“Hahaha, no. Adam is a really nice guy, we are just good friends” Lucinda said

“Good friends huh? Carly said as Lucinda laughed

“Ill serve” Carly said

“Hi Craig what can I get you” Carly said as she saw Craig standing at the counter with another man

“Hi, just two chocolate milkshakes thanks” Craig said

“Take a seat, Ill being them over” Carly said

“Thanks…by the way, this is my cousin Nick….he is staying with us for the holidays” Craig said

“Hi, welcome to Summer Bay” Carly said

“Thanks” Nick said and he smiled at Carly but stared at Lucinda.

Chapter 178

Here you go, two chocolate milkshakes” Carly said as she put them on the table

“Thanks” Craig said

“So Nick, what do you think of Summer Bay so far?” Carly said

“Not bad, my Uncle is trying to convince me to take a job here” Nick said

“Oh yeah? Doing what?" Carly said

“As a Policeman. I was transferred to Waldorf creek a year ago but Uncle Bob thinks Summer Bay will be better for me, so ill think about it” Nick said

“Ok, enjoy the milkshake” Carly said and smiled then she walked away to the counter. She looked at the receipts on the counter and picked them up

“Hi Carly” When Carly looked up she saw Geoff smiling at her

“Hi” Carly said and smiled

“Is Bobby here? Geoff said looking around

“No, shes gone away for a few days” Carly said as Geoff looked disappointed

“Oh, right…I just wanted to bring her Christmas/Birthday present” Geoff said as put the box on the counter

“Ill give it to her when she gets back” Carly said and put it in on top on the other box at the end of the counter.

“Thanks” Geoff said and turned around to walk away. As Geoff walked towards his car, he noticed Donald getting into his car so he hurriedly walked over to him

“Mr Fisher” Geoff said

“Hello Geoff, how are you?” Donald said as he closed his car door

“Good, I just went to see Bobby but Carly said she has gone away for a few days” Geoff said

“Yes, she has” Donald said

“Do you know when she is coming back?” Geoff said

“I don’t know Geoff” Donald said

“Mr Fisher, I don think this plan is working. You keep saying Bobby is interested in me but she is pushing me away” Geoff said

“After all this business with the baby and her surgery, of course she is pushing you away. Look, Geoff, I know my daughter, I know what is right for her, you are right for her. When she is back, she will see it, and you will see it. Ok?” Donald said

“Ok” Geoff said and smiled

“Happy Christmas Mr Fisher “ Geoff said

“Yes, the same to you” Donald said then drove off

Stewart Store- Summer Bay

“Has it been busy?” Celia said as she closed the store door

‘No, not really” Steve said as he put some peas on the shelf

“Good, I still have so much to sort out before Michael and Haydn move in tomorrow” Celia said excited as Steve rolled his eyes

“So, what are the Fletcher's plans for the holiday” Celia said as she hummed jingle bells to herself

“We are going to visit Reverend Jones tomorrow then a family dinner on Monday” Steve said as Celia’s heart sank. Even though Alex didn’t see her in a romantic light, she would always have fond memories of him

“Have you done all your Christmas shopping? I hope you got a nice present for Rebecca” Celia said as she crossed off things on her list and went to the back. Steve didn’t respond. He and Rebecca had been distant, it wasn’t her fault, after everything that happened with Bobby, Steve pretty much kept to himself. He wanted so much to speak to Frank but he couldn’t. He wished he could speak to Sandra but seeing her with Craig, he knew he lost her friendship and felt he had no right to demand it back. Steve sighed. He though about the present he got for Rebecca, they were earring that she once showed him that she liked when she came to summer bay a while ago.  The door opening interrupted Steve’s thoughts. He put the last can on the shelf and walked over to the counter

“Hi” Steve said

“G’day Steve, this is my son, Haydn, he will be spending the holiday with me…hopefully he will like it here and decide to stay permanently” Michael said

“Hi” Steve said and Haydn didn’t respond, He looked bored, like a typical 12-year-old

“Is Celia here?” Michael said

“Yes, she just went to the back” A few moments later, Celia came to the front

“Hello Michael, I wasn’t expecting you until later” Celia said with a big smile on her face

“This must be Haydn” Celia said as she gently tapped Haydn on his head

“The traffic getting back wasn’t as bad as I thought” Michael said

“I haven’t got everything ready yet” Celia said disappointed

“Doesn’t matter. Haydn was excited when I said I lived in a caravan so we are going to spend to night in the van” Michael said excited

“Are you sure that is wise? Do you have enough space? Celia’s aid concerned

“Yes, there is plenty of space…it will be our little secret” Michael said

“Well alright then but please come to the house for dinner” Celia said

“We will” Michael said

“Come on, ill show you my shop and then we can go to the beach” Michael said as Haydn smiled

“See you later” Celia said then Steve bent down to pick up another box. As he stood up, he saw Haydn put a bar of chocolate in his pocket then his eyes met with Steve then he hurried out of the shop

“What a lovely young man, very shy” Celia said as Steve shook his head

Cipriani -Manhattan- New York

Background music

Start spreadin' the news, I'm leavin' today
I want to be a part of it
New York, New York
These vagabond shoes, are longing to stray
Right through the very heart of it
New York, New York

“Hmm, this is really good spaghetti” Alf said as he chewed his food

“Yes, the food is really nice here” Ailsa said then she looked at Roo who was staring elsewhere

“I hope Frank and Duncan are alright” Ailsa said

“Hmm?” Roo said then she looked at Ailsa

“I was wondering if I should call Frank, see how he and Duncan are getting along

“I am sure they are fine” Roo said and she drank some of her wine

“ Growing up in a house of many kids, I am sure Frank has had lots of practice” Alf said as he pushed my food into his mouth

“Lots of practice for when you two have a family, eh Ruthy” Alf said

“Hes going to be waiting a long time” Ruth said

“Oh?No immediate future plans to have children? Frank was excited that you would be starting a family soon” Ailsa said

“Not now that I am doing really well in my career. Maybe in 5 years or something. I have so much I need to do first” Roo said and she went back to staring at Nancy all over Donovan. She had been unbearable lately going on about how she will soon be engaged to Donovan. Donavan looked up and saw Roo looked at him and smiled then he moved his head towards the right. Roo looked to see what he was pointing to then she smiled. When she looked back at Ailsa and her Dad, they were focused on reading the desert menu

“Oh no, I just spilt some wine on myself..Im just going to the bathroom to dry it out before it stains my dress.  I won’t be long” Roo said and she wiped her mouth, put her napkin on the table and walked towards the bathroom

She opened the bathroom door and stood inside, a few seconds later, Donavan opened the door.  Roo put her arms around him and they kissed passionately. “Not here” Donovan said then he took Roo’s hand and went to the back of the bathroom, opened the door and they walked for a few seconds then he opened another door and were on the roof of the building. Donovan looked around, he found a brick on the floor and used it to wedge the door open then he took Roo’s hand and they went into a corner of the roof and began kissing. Donovan took his jacket off and put it on Roo because it was cold. Roo did tcare as she passionately kissed him. Donovan pressed Roo against a wall then pushed up her dress and ripped her tights open, giving her legs a space to wrap around his body.

Donovan kissed Roo’s neck as he unbuckled his belt and pulled his pants down. The cold air shocked his thighs but he was so excited that he didn’t care. Roo kissed his neck as he opened his wallet and took out protection and put it on then filled a place he knew before. Roo exhaled vocally then Donovan pressed his mouth on hers and kissed her hard as his body moved hard and fast next to hers. Roo was cold but hot at the same time. Physically and mentally she craved Donovan and how he was making her body feel right now. Donovan put his mouth on Roo’s ear and with every thrust, Roo vocally responded as Donovan constantly asked Roo how her body was feeling and if she was enjoying it. Shortly after, his movements got faster then they slowed down. Then Donovan motioned for Roo to remove her legs from around him as he bent down and put one of her legs on his shoulder and began giving Roo a pleasure she had never felt before. Within what felt like a few seconds, Roo felt a warm and beautiful feeling come over her and she vocally exhaled. Donovan stood up and looked at her and smiled. He then took his jacket off Roo and made his way back into the restaurant.  

Roo couldn’t believe what just happened. She took a few seconds to get herself together then stood up and walked over to the edge and looked at the view. Tonight, New York looked beautiful. All the lights were bright and even though it was cold, Roo was the happiest she had ever been and nothing was going to change that.  Roo exhaled, rubbed her bare shoulders, pulled her dress down and made her way back into the restaurant.

If I can make it there
I'm gonna make it anywhere
It's up to you, New York
New York
New York

Background music ends

St James Clergy House- Newcastle

Background music Frank and Bobby's theme

Alan – Are you still talking to me

Bobby – Of course I am

Alan – I am sorry that I took Tom, but I had to

Bobby – Yeah, I know, how is he?

Alan-  Fine, he went to visit his father

Bobby – Alan, I don’t know what to do anymore

Alan- Yes you do

Bobby I don’t, I feel as if my life has fallen apart again

Alan – And every time it does, you pick up the pieces and get back on track

Bobby This time, I dont think I can

Alan – Yes you can….you can but you know what you need to do first

Bobby I cant Alan…everything I love has been taken away from me

Alan – You can..you know what you need to do first….Sometimes things are taken away because

Bobby – Because of what?

Alan- I got to go

Bobby – Wait, what do you mean? Alan? Alan

Bobby opened her eyes and looked around, she was in the living room of the clergy house. She is not sure how long she slept for but it was a deep sleep and she felt better. She sat up and wiped her eyes then she got up and folded the blanket and put it on the chair. She looked at the plate on the table, she ate half of a sandwich, it wasn’t much but it was more than she had eaten in the last few days.

“You are awake” Reverend Jones said with a smile

“Yes, thank you for everything Reverend Jones  but I want to get going” Bobby said

“Well, will I hear from you? Reverend Jones said

“Im not sure but I  will be fine…I promise” Bobby said

“Ok well, I have something for you” Reverend Jones said then he opened a cupoboard and took out a box and gave it to Bobby

“Oh Reverend Jones, you didn’t have to get me anything…I didn’t get you anything” Bobby said

“That’s OK” Reverend Jones said as he gave Bobby the box and she hugged him then they began to walk outside. Les was sitting in the spot where he would wait for the van to take him back to the prison.

The man who made the cross, is he around, I want to say thank you” Bobby said and Reverend Jones pointed at Les and they walked in the direction of Les

“Hi” Bobby said and Les stood up

“Hello” Les said and he took off his hat

“Reverend Jones said you made the cross for my baby…thank you very much” Bobby said

“You’re welcome. You were upset earlier, I made something for you” Les said then he opened his toolbox and took out a rose that had been treated and gave it to Bobby. Bobby smiled. Roses were her favorite flowers and ones Frank would give her to make up.

”Thank you” Bobby Said and smiled

“Happy Christmas” Les said

“Thanks,  Happy Christmas to you too” Bobby said and smiled. Les smiled back as Bobby looked at him. He looked really familiar but she couldn’t pinpoint where she had seen him before

“I better get going” Bobby said and looked at Reverend Jones then they walked over to her car

“Any idea now where you are going?” Reverend Jones said. Bobby nodded

“Yes, I think so” Bobby said and smiled

“Take care of yourself Roberta…know that I am always here for you” Reverend Jones said

“Thank You Reverend Jones” Bobby said and she hugged him tight then got into her car, smiled then drove away

Flashback

Frank – You look much better today, did the Drs say when you can go home?

Tom – Yeah, in a few days

Frank – That’s good,

Tom – Its been like old times, seeing you everyday

Frank – Yeah, it’s a shame that this had to happen for us to see each other

Tom- Yeah

Frank – Roo says hello. She wanted to come but she had to work

Tom – Right…I get the feeling that she still feels uncomfortable around us

Frank – Yeah, I guess she does

Tom- You are our son too, we only want the best for you

Frank – I know, I told her but she still thinks that you blame her or something because of what Bobby is saying

Tom- Bobby isn’t saying anything…you of all people should know her…she isn’t saying anything at all…we hardly see her

Frank – Oh

Tom – Look, you wasn’t happy with Bobby so you made a choice  to be with Roo and that does make you happy. Its ok with us, tell her that.

Frank “Thanks…maybe you and Pippa can come over for dinner or something before you go back

Tom- Thanks, we will like that..be happy Son, that’s all I want for you

Frank opened his eyes as he heard water running in the bathroom. He looked to his left, Duncan was gone so Roo must be back. Frank sighed. Then he heard the tap stop, Roo turned off the light and walked towards the bed

“How was tonight?” Frank said which made Roo jump, she thought he was asleep

“Good” Roo said and got into bed. She was still on cloud nine after what happened with Donovan

Flashback

Ailsa- Did you get the wine out?

Roo- Yeah, I think it’s not going to stain

Ailsa -Good

Nancy- Ruth, do you mind taking care of the Donaldson account for me, I will be out of town…Donovan and I are going skiing”

Roo ” Sure, no problems, have a great time”

Nancy “ Thanks, hopefully when I get back I will have that ring”

Roo “ Good luck”

Nancy, Merry Christmas”

Roo “Merry Christmas to you too”

Flashback ends

Roo smiled to herself

“Can we talk?” Frank said and Roo rolled her eyes

“Look, Ive had a really good night, I don’t want to fight” Roo said

“Neither do I” Frank said

“I was thinking about it, If you really want us to go to Texas and I have to quit everything I have worked hard for, ok, ill do it but its not going to make me happy” Roo said

“I know it won’t. I have been thinking about it. I know I asked you to move here with me, I have not been supporting you career like I should. I will tell Stacey thanks but no thanks. I am sure something else will come up. I just want things to be good between us” Frank said and sighed

“Are you sure Frank? I want things to be good too but i've worked really hard this year, probably harder than I have ever worked in my life. This is something for me, something I can be proud of…something our kids can be proud of” Roo said and smiled to herself

“Yes,  I am sure” Frank said

"Thank you Frank...things will be good, I promise" Roo said and hugged him tight as a devious smiled spread across her face. She got want she wanted…just like she always did. She had Frank wrapped around her finger and nothing would ever change that

Background music ends

Chapter 179

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Background music

Dreams are like angels
They keep bad at bay, bad at bay
Love is the light
Scaring darkness away, yeah

I'm so in love with you
Purge the soul
Make love your goal

Carly Picked up Sally and she put the star on top of the tree then she put her down and walked over to Ben and smiled then he hugged her waist and kissed her cheek. Pippa smiled as Sally packed the presents under the tree

The power of love
A force from above
Cleaning my soul
Flame on burn desire
Love with tongues of fire
Purge the soul
Make love your goal

Stewart Residence- The City

Barbra smiled as she wrapped the Chritams presents in front of her. She looked around the kitchen at all the food on the counter that had to be cooked. This Christmas was going to be the best. She found love like never before and it was a dream come true...

I'll protect you from the hooded claw
Keep the vampires from your door
When the chips are down
I'll be around with my undying
Death defying love for you
Envy will hurt itself
Let yourself be beautiful

Sparkling love, flowers and pearls and pretty girls
Love is like an energy
Rushin' in, rushin' inside of me, yeah

Airport- The City

Bobby looked at her ticket and the seat numbers until she found her seat. She put her bag under the seat and sat down then took off her jacket and pushed it behind her

“The plane will be taking off shortly,   Please fasten your seatbelts.” The Airhostess said

Bobby put her hair in a low ponytail then she fastened her seatbelt like she was told, and exhaled.

The power of love
A force from above
Cleaning my soul
Flame on burn desire
Purge the soul
Make love your goal

Donald put his overnight bag on his bed then he put the shirts and trousers on the bed into the bag. He then walked over to the chest of drawers and picked up a photo of Bobby and Alan. He looked at Bobby and shook his head disappointed then he put the photo down and continued packing

This time we go sublime
Lovers entwine, divine divine
Love is danger, love is pleasure
Love is pure, the only treasure

I'm so in love with you
Purge the soul
Make love your goal

Clergy House- NewCastle

Reverend Jones made the sign of the cross then got up from his bed and walked into the living room to see Deacon Thompson playing with a toy train set. Reverend Jones laughed as he looked at all the toys, He smiled and hoped that Sally and Christopher would enjoy them when they come tomorrow.

The power of love
A force from above
Cleaning my soul
The power of love
A force from above
A sky-scraping dove

Stewart Residence- Summer Bay

Celia smiled as she looked at Michael and Haydn enjoying the meal then she got up and walked over to the oven to check on the pie she was baking. When he thought nobody was looking, Haydn put his hand in his pocket and looked at the $20 he took from Celia's purse and smiled

Flame on burn desire
Purge the soul
Make love your goal

Morgan residence- New York

Frank pretended to be annoyed as Roo put some shaving cream on his nose then  she smiled and ran out of the bathroom and he chased her into the living room  and showed her that he had the can behind his back. Roo began to plead and Frank smiled then he pushed her onto the bed and they both laughed then they began to kiss passionately

Background music ends

Hilton Hotel- New York

“Here you go Duncan” Alf said as he gave Duncan some toast

“Alf are you sure about this? Ailsa said concerned

“About what?” Alf said

“What you are going to give Frank and Roo for Christmas” Ailsa said

“100% sure..you like that don’t you Duncan?” Alf said as Duncan laughed

“Don’t you think it’s a bit much? You know Frank has his pride, he might feel offended” Ailsa said

“Why should he? Im not doing it for him, I am doing it for Ruthy, she deserves it after everything she has been through” Alf said as he drank some coffee and Ailsa sighed

“Don’t say I didn’t warn you”  Ailsa said as she put milk in her coffee and looked at Alf.

“Linne can I come in?” Diane said as she knocked on the door

“Ok” Marilyn said and Diane opened the door

“How are you? I brought you some tea” Diane said and she put the cup on the side table

“Thanks” Marilyn said and smiled

“Did he call today?” Diane said

“Yes, he said sorry. He is going to get a flight back here and spend New Years eve with me” Marilyn said

“Linne, you are making a big mistake” Diane said

“You said the same thing about me wanting to go back to Lance” Marilyn said

“Now I wish I didn’t, at least he didn’t hit you” Diane said

“It was an accident, he didn’t mean it…I told you it was my fault…he said he would never do it again” Marilyn said and she touched the necklace that Ben gave her

“Linne you’re making excuses for him…he did it once, he will do it again” Diane said

“I don’t want to talk about this anymore, I love Ben, he loves mer and it was all a misunderstanding and if you don’t mind, I need to get ready for the salon party” Marilyn said and she got up and walked over to her dressing table while her cousin sighed then left the room

Mitchell/Woods Residence- Summer Bay

Grant put the bottle of bear on the table on the veranda and sat down. He picked up his guitar and looked out at the beach then he began to play a melody and start to sing

Restless hearts
Sleep alone tonight
Sending all my love
Along the wire

They say that the road ain't no place to start a family
Right down the line it's been you and me
And lovin' a music man ain't always what it's supposed to be
Oh, girl, you stand by me
I'm forever yours
Faithfully

Circus life
Under the big top world
We all need the clowns
To make us smile

Through space and time
Always another show
Wondering where I am
I'm lost without you

Grant stopped singing then he sighed. He couldn’t believe that he had made it almost 6 months and nobody knew his secret, one he knew would ruin his life here and he would have to take off ans start running again.. He was lonely right now, maybe he could go home…it had been two years. Grant smiled then slowly that smile disappeared, He knew that if he went home, all the old memories would surface and he couldn’t put his family through that again. Grant put the guitar down then he walked over to phone and sat down on the couch then he began to dial

“Hello Mum….its me” Grant said then he smiled

Chapter 180

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Background music – Carly’s theme

Carly opened her eyes, when she felt Bens arms around her, she smiled. Last night was perfect. Carly looked around the van, all their clothes were everywhere and there was a half bottle of wine left over. Everything felt perfect…this was definitely true love, everything she wanted and more. Carly smiled to herself and snuggled into Ben more and closed her eyes

Stewart Residence- The City

Barbra carefully got off from Matt and lay flat on her back next to him on the bed. Matt turned over to his side. He didn’t feel anything, what just happened between then wasn’t pleasurable for him. It was starting to be like a chore. Barbra snuggled up behind Matt

“This Christmas is going to be amazing…for the baby” Barbra said an Matt sighed then he turned onto his back and out his arm around Barbra as she smiled and he looked at the ceiling.

Background music ends

St James Church- NewCastle

“Wow there are so many people here” Sally said excited as Pippa parked the car. Pippa smiled and got out of the car as Reverend Jones rushed over to the car

“Philippa” Reverend Jones said as he got near the car and before Pippa could say anything, Sally rushed over to Reverend Jones and hugged him and he laughed

“Hello Sally, how are you?” Reverend Jones said and smile

“Good” Sally said and smiled

“Wonderful, you came just in time” Reverend Jones said and Sally walked away to look at the Nativity

“Hi Steve” Reverend Jones said and he put his arm around Steve

“me me” Christopher said and Reverend Jones looked down and smiled then he picked him up and Pippa shook her head as she took the scones out of the car

“Reverend Jones, my Mum wants to know if you have more plates in the kitchen” Reverend Jones and Steve turned around to see a young woman looking at them

“Yes we do, ask Deacon Thompson” Reverend Jones said

“Thanks” The young woman turned to walk off

“Oh by the way, let me introduce you to some friends of mine. Pippa, Christopher and Steven,” Reverend Jones said as he tickled Christopher

“Hi, Im Aviva but everyone calls me Viv” Viv said and smiled shyly at Steve

“Avivia is one of our young volunteers” Reverend Jones said as Viv smiled then she walked off as Steve looked at her. Reverend Jones looked at Steve and smiled as they all made their way to the Church

“Im sorry Bobby didn’t come” Pippa said

“I know…she came here yesterday” Reverend Jones said

“How was she?” Pippa said

“A bit distressed but I think she will be ok” Reverend Jones said

“I hope so..i really do” Pippa said and sighed

Birdwood-Adelaide

Background Music - Frank and Bobbys theme

Bobby drove the rented car slowly as she looked at the house numbers “19, 21, 23” Bobby said then slowly drove into the parking space outside the house. She turned the engine off and sighed then got out of the car. Bobby looked around, the road was quiet, Bobby walked up to the gate and looked at the house. The garden at the from was neat. Bobby opened the gate and looked at the flowers and smiled. Bobby walked the few steps to the front door and sighed then she took the key from her back pocket

“Excuse me, Hello” Bobby turned around to see a woman crossing the road and walking towards her. Bobby looked at the woman as she came closer. She was short, had brown hair and was wearing an apron

“Hello, by any chance are you Roberta?” The woman said as she smiled at Bobby

“Yeah” Bobby said

“Sorry, I should’ve introduced myself. My name is Gloria, I live across the road, I knew your Grandma Edna, sorry about her passing” Gloria said

“Thanks” Bobby said getting impatient as she looked at Gloria

“Ive kept the place clean and tidy. Edna wasn’t sure if you would come here so she asked me to give something to you. When you finish here, please come across the road” Gloria said

“Ok” Bobby said then she turned around and put the key in the locks, opened the door and closed the door behind her

Bobby looked around, the place was neat, the furniture looked new. Bobby walked over to the mantle piece, she looked at the pictures. She picked up one of her, Al and Doris when Bobby was a baby. She stared at it then she put the photo down. Bobby walked around the house, she went into the kitchen, the bathroom, a spare bedroom, the back garden then the master room. Bobby walked over to the dressing table, she picked up a bottle of perfume- Lilly Rose, it said. Bobby opened it and sprayed a little on her wrist and smelled it. She remembered Edna wore this all the time, and is the reason why Bobby’s middle name is Lilly.

Flashback

Bobby – Im going to build a sandcastle

Edna – Roberta Lilly You’re going to get sand all over your dress

Bobby – I can wash it off in the water

Edna – haha no you cant…how about I get you an icecream instead

Bobby – Why do you call me Roberta Lilly

Edna- Because that is your name…you are beautiful  like Lilly Rose

Flashback ends

Bobby put the bottle down , looked around the room and sighed. This house belonged to her, she didn’t know how she felt. For many years she had nothing and now she didn’t want for anything. Bobby looked around the house again, she saw a pen and paper, she picked it up, wrote on it then out then ripped off a sheet and put the pen and paper down. Before she left, she then rushed back to the bedroom, picked up the bottle of perfume then locked the door behind her and walked across the road. As Bobby got closer to the house, Gloria opened the door

“Come in love” Gloria said and Bobby pushed the perfume in her pocket and went inside the house. Bobby looked around, Gloria had a lot of stuff everywhere. She closed the door behind Bobby and disappeared into the kitchen. A few moments later, she came back with a box

“Edna asked me to give this to you” Gloria said and she gave the box to Bobby

“Thanks, do you know what it is?” Bobby said

“No, Edna didn’t say but she wanted me to tell you to be happy always” Gloria said and smiled

“Thanks” Bobby said and she walked to the front door, opened it and stood outside

“Will you be coming back soon?” Gloria said

“I don’t know” Bobby said

“Well I will keep the house tidy for you” Gloria said

“You don’t have to do that, how much do I owe you?” Bobby said

“Nothing, nothing at all” Gloria said and smiled

“Here is my number, if you ever need anything or there is a problem, please call me” Bobby said

“Ok, I will” Gloria said and smiled

“Thank you” Bobby said then she walked over to the car, got in and sighed deeply. She looked at the box on the passenger seat then started the engine and drove away

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

The girl knocked the door louder, nobody opened. She was hoping someone would so she wouldn’t get into trouble

“There is nobody there” Lance said which made the little girl jump when she turned around

“I remember you, you came around the other day looking for Bobby” Lance said as he pointed at the girl

“Yes, do you know where she is?” The girl said

“She went out of town for a few days” Lance said

“Ok, thanks” The girl said and ran off

“Hey, whats your name?” Lance said but the little girl ignored him and ran and got inside the car

“There’s nobody home” She said as she shut the door

“So what took you so long?” The man said

“Somebody was talking me” The girl said

“I told you not to talk to strangers” The man said angrily the he slapped the girl then she began to cry

“Stop crying or ill give you something to cry about” The man said then he started the engine and drove off

Background music ends

Lance closed the door of the mobile home and flopped onto the couch. Martin had gone to his parents’ house, Sally had gone out with the Fletchers so he was alone. A thought came into his mind. He got up and went to the shelf and opened the lid to a jar he took out a piece of paper and looked at it. Lance went back to sit down and picked up the phone...he wanted to call her

Bang on the window”

The banging on the window made Lance jump. He put the phone down and got up and walked to the door, when he opened the curtain he got a surprise

“Mum, what are you doing here?” Lance said

“I couldn’t let my baby boy spend Christmas all by himself so here I am” Colleen said as she pushed her way inside the house as Lance sighed

Archived