Homecoming

Summer's Bay

:)

Chapter 191

Mitchell/Woods Residence

Viv opened her eye and saw Pippa sitting on the bed. She quickly moved to the corner

“Its ok Viv, I want to help you” Pippa said

“No you don’t, You are going to send me back home” Viv said

“No, I just want to know what happened” Pippa said

“Reverend Jones wants to send me home” Viv said

“He just wants to know what happened” Pippa said

“He knows my mum, he wont believe me” Viv said

“Ive known Alex.. Reverend Jones since I was a little girl, he is a good man…let us help you” Pippa said then Viv  pulled the blanket up and Pippa noticed burn marks on her arms

“Who did that to you?” Pippa said pointing at the marks

“My mum” Viv said and started crying and Pippa sighed then she reached out to Viv and Viv shook her head no

“Its ok, I promise, I want to help you…I wont let anyone hurt you again” Pippa said and Viv looked at her then she slowly reached out her hand and grabbed Pippas hand and then hugged her tight. Pippa sighed and smiled as she stroked Vivs hair

M1 Motorway

Background music-

How can you just walk away from me
When all I can do is watch you leave?
'Cause we've shared the laughter and the pain
And even shared the tears
You're the only one who really knew me at all

So take a look at me now
Well there's just an empty space
And there's nothing left here to remind me
Just the memory of your face
Ooh, take a look at me now
Well there's just an empty space
And you coming back to me is against the odds
And that's what I've got to face

Bobby exhaled as she drove past the exit for Summer Bay. She was not ready to go home yet, she had something to do.

I wish I could just make you turn around
Turn around and see me cry
There's so much I need to say to you
So many reasons why

Stewart Residence- The City

The house was empty as Matt packed his things into his case. Barbra and Rebecca were not home. After clearing his head at Narelles place, he went home to his parent’s house and told them what had happened. His mum cried because she thought she was grieving for her grandson .His dad was angry and cursed the Stewarts for always thinking they were better than anyone else and thinking they can treat people the way they want. Narelle was back and said he could stay on her couch for a few more days until he found a flat. He was probably going to have to look for another job because it was Barbra who helped him get this job. Matt sighed then he smiled. None of that mattered, he was now free to go and get Carly back. Matt smiled as he pushed more clothes into his bag then he heard the door open

Now Take a look at me now
'Cause that's just an empty space
But to wait for you is all I can do
And that's what I've got to face

General Hospital- The City

Barbra thanked the nurse and watched her as she walked out of the room. The doctor said she can go home today. Barbra sighed, it was time to go back and face reality

Take a good look at me now
'Cause I'll still be standing here
And you coming back to me is against all odds
It's the chance I've got to take
Take a look at me now

Matt put the last of his things in the bag and when he looked up, Rebecca was standing a the door.

“Hi” Rebecca said, Matt ignored her

“Mum is not here” Rebecca said and Matt looked at her

“Do you want to know where she is?” Rebecca said

“I don’t really care right now” Matt said then he picked up his bag and walked past Rebecca to the kitchen. Rebecca sighed then she followed Matt

“Mum is in hospital…she lost the baby” Rebeca said and Matt stopped walking, turned around and looked at her

“She got you in on this too?” Matt said and laughed

“No, its true this time” Rebecca said

“I heard you arguing with her, you said she was pretending” Matt said

“Yes, she did pretend but that was about the first pregnancy, this time it was really real” Rebecca said as Matt dropped his bag then sat at the dining table. He couldn’t believe what he just heard, this time he did actually lose his baby. Matt put his hands on his face, he didn’t know what to do. Rebecca walked over to him and put her hand on his shoulder. Matt couldn’t digest what he just heard. Rebecca bend down and hugged Matt then she kissed his ear and cheek and before Matt knew it, he was kissing her lips

How can you just walk away from me
When all I can do is watch you leave?
'Cause we've shared the laughter and the pain
And even shared the tears

General Hospital- The City

Barbra got up from the bed,  Rebecca was coming to pick her up shortly. She sighed. They had not talked about what happened with Matt, she wanted to hate her daughter but she couldn’t especially not now since Rebecca said she would help her get Matt back.  Barbra sat back on the bed again and smiled. She was going to get Matt back and they were going to be happy again

Take a good look at me now
'Cause I'll still be standing here
And you coming back to me is against all odds
It's the chance I've got to take
Take a look at me now

The vibration of Rebecca's back hitting the table slowly moved the cup on the table to the edge until it fell and crashed on the floor. It didn’t matter, Rebecca continued her movement on Matts lap and with every movement she made, Matt thought about Carly and how soon he was going to get her back. Rebecca kissed Matt's neck and vocally exhaled, she told her Mum that she was going to help her get Matt back but not now, she wanted him for herself

Background music ends

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Pippa watched as Reverend Jones got into his car then she stood next to driver window. She started feeling those butterflies in her stomach for this man. He trusted her judgement about Viv and was going to help in a way that would jeopardize his career as clergy but he was doing this for Viv… and for her

“Drive safely” Pippa said  “Ill be waiting for you to come home”  Pippa said  without thinking . Reverend Jones looked at her, he was happy she said that but he didn’t want to react, he smiled. Shortly after, Steve came out of the house and sat in the passenger seat and put a bag in the back

“Steve do you have the sandwiches?” Pippa said as Reverend Jones looked at her

“Yes, I have everything” Steve said as he put his seat belt on. They were going back to Newcastle to get Vivs sister Tammy then figure out the next step.

“Ok, well take care and call if you” Pippa said and smiled

“Ok” Steve said and Reverend Jones drove away. Pippa watched as they drove off and sighed as the guilt of feeling this way about Alex came back

Best Inn- Shoalhaven

Background music- Frank and Bobby's theme

Bobby exhaled as she parked her car and got out and walked towards the reception. She opened the door and rang the bell on the counter, shortly after a man appeared

“Hello madam, how are you, I remember you and your Husband staying here a few months ago, welcome back” The receptionist said as Bobby’s heart sank

“Hi, yes, thanks  I called and made a reservation” Bobby said as the receptionist opened the reservation book

“What name is the reservation under please” The receptionist said

“Mor sorry Simpson” Bobby said

“Simpson Simpson Simpson” The receptionist said as he looked in the reservation book

“Right,  I have you booked it. we have the same room for you…please follow me” the receptionist said as they walked to the cabin and the receptionist opened the door

“Is your Husband not joining you?” the receptionist said as he opened the curtains. Bobby looked out of the window, the view was still beautiful

“No, he isnt” Bobby said then there was a moment of awkwardness

“Oh, im sorry…can I help you with your bags?” the receptionist said

“No, its fine” Bobby said and she smiled

“Oh, do you  know where Shepard Street is?” Bobby said as the receptionist was about to leave

“Yes, its about a ten minute walk from here, just on the other side of the beach” the receptionist said as he pointed

“Thanks” Bobby said

“Is there anything else I can get for you?” the receptionist said

“No, that’s fine, thank you” Bobby said then she put her hand in her pocket and gave the receptionist a few dollars

“Thank you Ms Simpson” the receptionist said and left the cabin. Boby sighed the looked back at the view…this was the beginning to the end

Newton Residence- Newcastle

Tammy wiped her face and sighed. She heard her Mum go out earlier so she knew she was alone. She slowly walked over to the door and tried to open it but it was locked from the outside. Tammy looked around and sighed. Then heard a car pull up outside and heard some talking. She heard the car doors close and she slowly walked over to the window and peaked outside. It was Reverend Jones, Deacon Thompson and someone else. She watched as they walked to the front door and knocked. Tammy got scared, she didn’t know what was happening, she didn’t know if this was her chance to get help or if Reverend Jones would believe her. Tammy didn’t know what to do

“Tamara” Tammy heard her name and she saw Reverend Jones walking towards the window

“Tamara, its ok, don’t be frightened, if you can get to the door, please open it”  Reverend Jones said and Tammy didn’t move

“Tammy, Im Steve, Viv sent us to help you” Steve said as he looked at the house

Tammy exhaled as she heard her sisters name then she began to bang on the window and Reverend Jones rushed to the window and looked at the bruise on Tamaras face then his heart sank

“Tamara can you open the window” Reverend Jones said and Tammy shook her head no.

“We need to get into the house” Reverend Jones

“I can get in” Steve said

“How?” Reverend Jones

“Frank taught me how to pick the lock” Steve said then he put his hand in his back pocket and took out the army knife kit on his key. Within a few minutes, the door was open as Reverend Jones smiled. They rushed in the house calling Tammy's name and came to a door that had a lock at the top. Reverend Jones opened the door and was shocked at the mess. Food was thrown everywhere and Tammy looked like she had not eaten or bathed. She sat in the corner scared

“Its ok Tamara, Ive come to help you” Reverend Jones said struggling not to shed a tear as his heart broke for the little girl. Reverend Jones put his hand out as Steve and Deacon Thompson stood behind him. Tammy was still scared but then she reached out her hand and hugged Reverend Jones tight and he smiled

“You are safe now” Reverend Jones said and Tammy began to cry into his arms

“WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?” Reverend Jones jumped when he heard the noise behind him. He turned around and standing at the door was Angela newton

Background music ends

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 192

Bayside Diner- Summer Bay

“Cally” Carly looked around to see Christopher running towards her

“Any word from Reverend Jones?” Carly said as Pippa  and Sallyy got to the counter

“No not yet. Steve said they will call but I wanted to take a walk” Pippa said as Carly picked up Christopher and sat him on the counter

“Its been really quiet this morning. Do you think Bobby would mind if we close extra early, we have hardly had any customers” Carly said

“I suppose people are still eating left over Turkey” Pippa said with a smile

“phones ringing”

Carly rushed and picked up the phone

“Hello” She said with a smile on her face then the smiled disappeared

“No, shes not here….im not sure when she will be back, she gone out of town for a few days but I can take a message” Carly said then she picked up a pen and paper

“Ok….yes I will give her the message as soon as she gets back…thank…byew” Carly sid and she put the Phone down

“The people from the NSW council” Carly said

“Oh…from the look on your face, you were expecting someone else to call” Pippa said with a smile

“Yeah, Ben said he would call…he is supposed to be coming down for the new years eve dance at the sands resort” Carly said with a big smile

“1991 is going to be such a good year…I can feel it” Carly said then she tickled Christopher and pulled Sallys cheek as Pippa smiled

Matt exhaled then he ran his fingers through his hair. Rebecca continued to kiss his neck then his cheek then she pushed her hair behind her ear and smiled at Matt

“I got to go to work” Matt said and he gently nudged Rebecca to get off

“You don’t have to move out” Rebecca said as she got up and Matt got up and pulled up his jeans

“Im not staying here” Matt said as he picked up his bag

“What should I say to Mum?” Rebecca said

“I don’t care” Matt said as he walked to the door

“She’s really hurt” Rebecca said as she stood in front of Matt

“That’s her fault…get out of the way” Matt said

“What about us?” Rebecca said as she bit her lower lip

“There is no us” Matt said and he shook his head and moved Rebecca out of the way, opened the door and closed the door behind him

Newton Residence- Newcastle

Emotional background music

“I SAID WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?” Angela Newton said and she threw down the shopping bags in her hands

“Angela, I am taking Tamara out of this house” Reverend Jones said as he picked up Tammy who clung tight to him and he walked out of the room

“Reverend Jones, you don’t have the right to take my child out of my house, what is this about?” Angela said as she followed Reverend Jones out of the room. Reverend Jones turned around and looked at her

“Angela, you know what this is about” Reverend Jones said

“Did John ask you to come and get Tammy?” Angela said

“No, he didn’t . Angela, “ Reverend Jones said and continued to walk outside. As Reverend Jones attempted to put Tammy in the backsteat, she wouldn’t move

“Deacon Thompson, please drive” Reverend Jones said

“Wait a minute, wait a minute, its not what it appears to be. You know children, Tammy is a very naughty girl just like Viv. Viv has run away, I don’t know where she is but Tammy knows and she won’t tell me…come inside, we can talk about it…come on Tammy, I got your favourite juice from the shop” Angela said touching in Tammys leg. She clung onto Reverend Jones tighter

“Angela,  I don’t know what has happened here but I would not feel comfortable leaving Tamara here. I am taking her to a safe place tonight and tomorrow I will figure out whats best for her” Reverend Jones said as he got into the back passenger seat with Tammy still clung tight to him.

“Im sorry Reverend Jones, things have just been a bit stressful with John gone. Everything will be fine now, I promise things will be better…” Angela said as she stared at Steve while he got into the car

“Goodbye Angela…drive on Deacon” Reverend Jones said as the car drove on leaving Angela standing alone. Angela got angry as she watched the car disappear from view then she started walking to her house and closed the door. She walked over to the phone and picked up the receiver then she dialed a number

“Hello Reverend Dawson, this is Angela Newton…I am doing well Reverend..I am sorry to trouble you but I have been holding on to some disturbing information about Reverend Jones and my conscious will no longer allow me to keep this a secret, I prayed about it and knew that I had to tell you” Angela said and she smiled to herself

Background music ends

Shaolhaven- Australia

Bobby slowed down her car as she turned into Shepard street. She looked at the house numbers, she was looking for number 18. When she saw it, she parked the car in a parking spot opposite the house. Bobby picked up the paper on the passenger seat. The property was currently rented through an estate agent so she couldn’t go in. Bobby looked at the address of the Estate agents and was just about to drive off when the door of the property opened. A woman came out holding a baby and another who stood in front of her. Bobby watched the woman put the baby in a pushchair. Shortly after, a man came out of the house, with another child who was a little older. Bobby watched as the man locked the door and the family walked down the street. Bobby exhaled then she looked at her lap wishing it was her family. She exhaled then started the engine of her car and drove off.  

The Bistro- The City

Narelle gently tapped the door of the managers office and Matt looked up

“I brought you a coffee, you look like you need it” Narelle said as she walked into the office and put the cup on the desk

“Thanks” Matt said

“Do you know what you are going to do? Narelle said as Matt shook his head no.

“I just cant believe she lied to me, I wasted all these months thinking one thing only to find out it was all a lie” Matt said as he picked up the coffee and drank it

“Im sorry” Narelle said

“Its not your fault” Matt said

“Do you think you will talk to her now?” Narelle said

“There is nothing to say. I saw Rebecca when I went to get the rest of my stuff, she claims Barbra really did have a miscarriage this time” Matt said

“Maybe you should talk to her” Narelle said

“Im done with her, I m sorry she lost the baby but it really wasn’t a baby was it. I just want to get on with my life, I want no more complications” Matt said

“I second that…next year is going to be a good year” Narelle said and she got up

“Hey, I forgot to ask you, did you see Carly” Matt said and Narelle felt guilty

“Ummm yeah, I saw her briefly” Narelle said and smiled and began to walk backwards

“”Well how is she? Did you tell her I said hello?” Matt said

“Ummm no, I only saw her briefly, she was on her way out” Narelle said

“Never mind, Ill tell her myself. I bumped into a mate of mine from school, he works at the Sands Resort and said there is going to be a New Years eve party, I am going to go, maybe talk to her and see what happens….if you are not doing anything, we can go together” Matt said

“Yeah, sure” Narelle said

“Great, this place is closing early so I think we should just leave from here” Matt said

“Yeah..” Narelle said

“Its going to be so good, going back to my old life…thanks again for the coffee” Matt said and smiled as Narelle walked out of the office feeling guilty.

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Carly opened the door “Hi, come on” she said to Grant and Viv who walked into the house

“Hi..Viv I think you know everyone apart from Carly, one of my daughters” Pippa said

“Hi” Carly said and smiled

“Any word yet?” Grant said as Viv stood right next to him

“No, not yet. If all went well, they should be getting into Summer Bay soon” Pippa said looking at her watch

“Please sit down…do you want something to eat? I am afraid its still turkey sandwiches” Pippa said and laughed

“Not for me thanks, Viv?” Grant said and Viv shook her head no

“Its ok if you want something, you don’t have to be afraid here” Pippa said

“Yes please” Viv said

“Ill make her a sandwich” Carly said and smiled

Phone ringing

“Ill just get that” Pippa said and walked over to the phone

“Summer Bay Caravan Park” Pippa said smiling when she picked up the phone. Then her expression changed

“No they are not here yet….Are you ok….ok…..ok” Pippa said then she put the phone down

“Are you alright Mrs Fletcher?” Grant said as he noticed Pippa’s face change. Before Pippa could say anything, Steven came through the door holding Tammy. Viv rushed over and picked up her sister.

Steve walked over to Pippa “Pippa whats going on with Reverend Jones?” We got to the clergy house to drop off the Deacon then there was a phone call and he told me to go in the Deacons car and the deacon dropped us back here” Steve said

“I don’t know…I think he is in some kind of trouble….I have to go to Newcastle” Pippa said

“Ill go with you” Steve said

“Can I go and see the animals” Sally said

“Not today darling” Pippa said as she walked over to the desk and picked up her keys. She needed to be with Alex, he was always there for her

“Steve, please stay here and help Carly take care of the house” Pippa said

“Pippa is everything alright?” Carly said

“Im not sure but Alex needs me right now…ill call as soon as I can” Pippa said

“What do we do about Viv and Tammy?” Steve said

“Take Tammy to the hospital to get checked out. Ill call Mrs Malloy when I get back. Pippa said and she rushed out of the house

Chapter 193

Best Inn  beach – Shaolhaven

Background music- Frank and Bobbys theme

Bobby spread the towel on the sand, the sun was setting and it was still warm. She sat down and put her tray on the towel. She sighed as she looked at the water remembering her and Frank making love not caring about the man in the boat who was fishing. Bobby looked around, it felt nice being back here, it was calm and quiet. When she got here, Bobby thought being in the room would make her cry but it didn’t. She hadn’t cried at all since she woke up from the coma. Bobby picked up half of the sandwich off the plate and bit into it, she chewed and put it back down. She then picked up the book on the tray, Charlottes web, one her grandmother used to read to her as a child.

Flashback

Bobby Nana why do things have to change

Edna- They have to change so they can get better

Bobby -What if I don’t want them to change

Edna- Nothing stays the same forever. Things change so better things can come

Flashback ends

Bobby sighed then looked out at the water. It was probably here where she got pregnant. She felt so connected to him in the water, it was as if they were meant to be like that forever, but like everything else in her life, anything she loved went away....

Morgan Residence- New York

Oh Dad..its been so good having you here” Roo said as she hugged her Dad on the couch. Duncan was fast asleep while Frank took Ailsa to get some souveniers she wanted to take home

“Its been wonderful seeing you here love” Alf said and smiled then kissed the top of Roo’s head

“It feels like yesterday that I was lying in this exact same position telling you I was giving Martha to Brett” Roo said

“Yeah…it does feel like it happened not long ago” Alf said

“Sometimes I think about how my life would’ve been if I didn’t give her up and chose to look after her. I don’t think I would’ve been a good Mum” Roo said

“Don’t be silly love, you would’ve been a great Mum, just like you will be when you and Frank have your own kids” Alf said

“Yeah, I suppose” Roo said

“Is there something wrong love?” Alf said and he sat up and looked at Roo

“No, its just that Frank is really set on having a family as soon as possible. I think being in a foster family, he wants to have his own family but Dad, I am just not ready” Roo said

“I thought you wanted to have a family…I mean after what happened, I thought maybe being with Frank, you would want to have a baby” Alf said

“That’s what I thought, but being here and having a great job, I don’t want to give it all up and be a housewife then end up in a dead-end job like I was in Summer Bay” Roo said

“It doesn’t have to be like that” Alf said

“I know Dad. I do want to have a family but not for another five years or so. Frank has promised that he will get us a house so once he has done that and I have got a promotion, I might think about it but not now, there is too much I need to do” Roo said and Alf smiled

“Why are you smiling?” Roo said

“I dunno, its just seeing you like this, I am very proud of you” Alf said

“Thanks” Roo said

“Do you want me to have a word with Frank?” Alf said

“No, its ok, it will work itself out” Roo said

“What if it doesn’t and Frank doesn’t want to wait?” Alf said

“He will wait, I have him wrapped around my finger. He chose me. Frank isn’t going anywhere.” Roo said and Alf laughed

“Why are you laughing?” Roo said as she playfully hit her Dad

“You remind me so much of your Mum..if she was here, she would be very proud of you” Alf said

“Thanks” Roo said and smiled as she hugged her Dad

Central Park North- New York

“You do a lot of walking here don’t you” Ailsa said as her and Frank sat on the park bench Frank laughed

“Yeah. Everything is close by” Frank said

“So how are you doing?” Ailsa said

“Me? Fine..why?” Ailsa said

“Oh nothing, just doing a motherly check for Pippa” Ailsa said

“You can tell Pippa that I am fine. I wanted her and the kids to come for Christmas but it was too last minute to make the plans” Frank said

“How is work?” Ailsa said

“Yeah, good. I got a promotion a few months ago so its extra money I am saving for our house” Frank said with a smile

“I tried to tell Alf that it wasn’t a good idea, him intruding and putting the deposit down” Ailsa said

“Yeah…I understand…he wants Roo to have the best and she will but I want to do this for us so we will be ready when we start our family” Frank said as Ailsa smiled

“I know love” Ailsa said

“So how is Summer Bay? I haven’t had a chance to ask how everybody is” Frank said. Ailsa knew where he was going with the question

“Yeah…Everyone is fine, waiting for Celia’s wedding”Ailsa said hoping that Frank would change the subject

“I can’t believe she is getting married” Frank said

“Yeah, its been a shock for most because its happening very quickly. Rushed marriages never work” Ailsa said then she released she put her foot in her mouth

“Sorry” Ailsa said as Frank smiled

“So how is Bobby” Frank said and Ailsa sighed

“Its starting to get cold, I think we should head back and have some tea” Ailsa said and she got up off the bench

“Ailsa” Frank said

“Hmm?” Ailsa said acting as if she never heard Franks question

“How is Bobby?” Frank said

“Yeah she is fine….I don’t see much of her. After winning the awards, she does a lot with the Sands resort…the park is nice and clean isn’t it” Ailsa said and she began to walk off hoping Frank would change the subject

“Ailsa is there something going on?” Frank said

“Hmm what do you mean?” Ailsa said

“Its just that I mention Bobbys name and you are acting funny” Frank said

“Am I? sorry, its just I am a bit cold that’s all” Ailsa said

“ Have you seen Brett Macklin lately?” Frank said

“Brett? Yeah a few times” Ailsa lied.

“Oh right” Frank said. I guess he and Bobby are really together, Frank thought to himself as he walked. Ailsa looked at the back of Frank. She felt bad for lying but she had to do what Alf said…which was not to give Frank any opportunity to go back to Summer Bay. She didn’t like lying but she loved Alf more

Background music ends

Clergy House- Newcastle

Reverend Jones opened his eyes in shock when he saw Pippa standing at the door

“Philippa, you shouldn’t be here” Reverend Jones said

“Alex, what is going on?” Pippa said

“Phillipa  you need to go back to your family” Reverend Jones said

“Not until you tell me what is going on. You have been there for me, I am here for you” Pippa said as Reverend Jones sighed. Pippa looked up at him then she hugged him. Reverend Jones hugged her back. He didn’t ask her to come but he was grateful that he meant something to her for her to come and see him. Reverend Jones took Pippas hand and they walked into the living room and sat down

Emotional background music

“Phillipa, I adore you and your family. I would never do anything to jeopardize me spending time with you” Reverend Jones said

“Alex, whats wrong?” Pippa said confused as Reverend Jones exhaled

“There have been some accusations made against me” Reverend Jones said

“What about?” Pippa said as Reverend Jones put his head down

“That I have been touching underaged girls appropriately. I assure you, this is all a lie, Its coincidental that I went to rescue Tamara and now these accusations have come to light” Reverend Jones said . Pippa looked at Reverend Jones shocked. Several times he had been alone with Sally reading her a bed time story and Sally was always comfortable around him

“What is going to happen to you now” Pippa said

“I don’t really know but I am being escorted tonight to another location to have a meeting with my superiors” Reverend Jones said

“I feel like this is my fault” Pippa said

“How?” Reverend Jones said

“If we didn’t come here then Steve wouldn’t have got involved and Viv wouldn’t have hidden in our car” Pippa said

“But the most important thing is Aviva and Tamara are safe now” Reverend Jones said

“I admire you” Pippa said

“Why?” Reverend Jones said

“After all this, you are concerned about Viv and her sister, what about your reputation?” Pippa said

“Angela Newton, Viv's mum is the President of the ladies guild and very influential in the community, if this gets out it does damage my reputation but I don’t care about that. I care about the fact that I could potentially lose my clergy collar and lose your friendship” Reverend Jones said

“Alex, I believe you..do you hear me? I believe you. My children love you, they will believe you” Pippa said as she put both hands on Reverend Jones face and he exhaled

“Thank you for coming here, I really needed to hear you say that” Reverend Jones said

“What can I do to help you?” Pippa said

“Just pray for me.” Reverend Jones said and Pippa nodded

“Knock on the door”

“I have to go now” Reverend Jones said

“Ok….ill be waiting for you to get back..ill make some scones” Pippa said as Reverend Jones got up and she wiped a tear from her eye

“Thank you” Reverend Jones said with a smile as Pippa followed him to the door

“Wait” Pippa said and Reverend Jones turned around. Pippa exhaled then she hugged him really tight. Reverend Jones exhaled, he loved her so much. Pippa looked up at Reverend Jones then he leaned forward hesitantly and Pippa leaned forward and closed her eyes then he kissed her lightly on the lips. Pippa could feel the guilt and butterflies at the same time.

“Knock on the door”

Reverend Jones hugged Pippa then he let her go “You have to go” Pippa said and Reverend Jones nodded. Reverend Jones opened the door and nodded at the two clergy standing at the door. They moved to the side for Reverend Jones and Pippa to walk out of the house. Reverend Jones walked Pippa to her car and waited for her to get in

“Please call me if you can” Pippa said and Reverend Jones nodded then he walked away. Pippa watched as Reverend Jones closed the door then got into the backseat of the car and drove off. Pippa sighed. She didn’t know if she did the right thing with Alex, she still felt the guilt but she needed to be with him. Pippa sighed then started the car engine and began the drive home

Background music ends

Chapter 194

Mitchell/Woods Residence- Summer Bay

Megan closed the door and sighed. She was glad to be back. She put her bag down and went to the kitchen. She opened the fridge and took out some milk then put the kettle on. She took the hair band from  her pocket and tied her hair back then she walked to her bedroom. When she opened the door, she got a shock, there were two girls sleeping in her bed. Before Megan could say anything, Grant opened the door

“Welcome home” Grant said and smiled awkwardly as Megan looked at him

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“Pippa, when can we go back to Reverend Jones house to see the horses” Sally said as she ran into the kitchen

“Pippa” Sally said and she pulled Pippas cardigan which made her jump. She had been thinking about yesterday, when Alex kissed her and how she was feeling. She was hoping that Alex would call but he hadn’t.

“Sorry sweetheart, what did you say?” Pippa said

“I said when can we go to Reverend Jones house to see the horses” Sally said

“Not yet sweetheart, maybe next week” Pippa said and she picked up her cup and took it over to the dining table

“Sally, do you like Reverend Jones?” Pippa said as she sat down while Sally drew in a book

“Yes, he is really nice” Sally said looking up and smiled

“When he reads you stories in your room, does he say anything else?” Pippa said

“No, he reads stories really good like Frank and then kisses my head and closes the door” Sally said and Pippa exhaled and smiled. She felt guilty that she had to ask but she had to be sure.

“Ok, so who is your favourite storyteller?” Pippa said

“Frank is number one and Reverend Jones is number two” Sally said as Pippa smiled

“What are you drawing?” Pippa said

“A picture of my family” Sally said

“Can I see?” Pippa said and Sally gave the picture to Pippa. Pippa smiled as she looked at the picture. It was of Sally, Steve, Carly, Bobby, Reverend Jones  and Tom and baby Tom in the sky

“Sal, someone is missing” Pippa said

“No” Pippa said

“Yes, you forgot Frank” Pippa said

“Frank is not my family anymore” Sally said

“Sal, just because he doesn’t live here doesn’t mean he isn’t still your family” Pippa said

“FRANK IS NOT MY FAMILY ANYMORE AND I DON’T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT” Sally said then she ran upstairs as Pippa sighed

Grant looked at Megan. He just finished explaining what happened with Viv and Tammy and why they were in her bed asleep

“Those poor girls” Megan said

“Yeah, for some reason they feel safe here and wanted to stay, I couldn’t say no” Grant said

“So what happens now?” Megan said

“The social worker is meeting us at the Caravan Park, we are going to talk about the next steps” Grant said then the bedroom door slowly opened “Hi” Grant said when he saw Tammy standing at the door

“Its ok, you can come out” Grant said and Tammy ran over to him and hugged him

“Would you like some breakfast?” Grant said as he got up still holding Tammy. She nodded shyly

“Alright, you go and get ready and I will make you some breakfast…deal?” Grant said

Tammy nodded and smiled then she ran to the bedroom

“You are going to be a great Dad one day” Megan said and Grant smiled

“It’s the new years eve party tonight…will you still be going?” Megan said

“I don’t know, depends on what happens with the social worker” Grant said

“I hope you can go, I think it will be a lot of fun” Megan said and she smiled but inside she was annoyed that Grant was choosing the girls over her

“Lance how many times are you going to clean that?” Carly said and rolled her eyes

“Bobby said we have to keep the counter tops clean for health and safety and all that” Lance said

“Hi, what can I get you?” Carly said as Craig and his cousin got to the counter

“Just two chocolate milkshakes thanks” Craig said

“Sure, have a seat and Ill bring them over” Carly said

“So how are you enjoying Summer Bay Nick?” Carly said

“Its ok, im still contemplating if I should take the job here” Nick said

“Yeah, I would too. When my family first moved here I wasn’t sure if I would like it but I would be anywhere else..ill be back with your milkshakes” Carly said

“So when does that girlfriend of yours get into town?” Nick said

“Shes not really my girlfriend” Craig said

“Are you sure? That was an expensive Christmas present you got her” Nick said and Craig smiled

“She gets here on Friday because School starts on Monday” Craig said

“Here you are, two chocolate milkshakes” Carly said and she put the milkshakes on the table

“Thanks” Nick said

“What is there to do around here?” Nick said

“Not much until they built the resort. You are lucky, you got here just in time. They are having a new year’s eve party tonight. Everyone will be going, you should come” Carly said

“Yeah, my uncle told me about that…I might check it out” Nick said

“Good” Carly said and smiled. Nick watched her walk away. She was cute, not his usual type but promising

Shaolhaven- Austraila

Bobby waited until everyone had left the church then she got out of her car and slowly made her way inside. She didn’t know what it was about churches but every time she went in one, she always felt calm. She walked up to the front pew and sat down looking around, she was alone. Today was the last day of the year. This year she had been through a lot, she started the year not having any direction then Frank came back then she got pregnant and won two NSW awards then just like that, the two main things she loved were taken away and she got a brain tumor. Bobby sighed she really wanted the year to end. She wanted to get on with her life. This time away gave her a lot to think about but she still hadn’t cried.

“I know I have to say goodbye but after all this, I love him so much” Bobby said then she sighed

“Oh I am sorry, I didn’t know anyone was in here” Bobby jumped and looked behind her. Walking towards her was a young man, maybe a few years older than her, wearing the same shirt Reverend Jones does

“Im sorry, I just wanted to come here for a minute, I can leave now” Bobby said and she got up

“No, need to rush, I was just going to lock up but if you need some time, that is fine” The man smiled and began gathering some hymn books. Bobby watched him, he seemed really happy doing what he was doing

“You’re not from around here” The man said as he saw Bobby watching him

“No, just visiting” Bobby said and smiled

“Can I aske from where?” The man said

“Summer Bay “ Bobby said

“Oh right, my name is Jeremy” Jeremy said

“Bobby” Bobby said

“Nice to meet you” Jeremy said and smiled

“Do you mind if I ask you a question?” Bobby said

“”Sure, go for it” Jeremy sAid then he sat down

“Are you not a bit too young to be a Reverend?” Bobby said and Jeremy laughed

“Well, I am not a Reverend yet, I am a Deacon, so I assist the Reverend” Jeremy said

“Oh right, sorry” Bobby said

“Nothing to be sorry about. I get this question all the time. Yes I am younger than the other Deacons but I knew that this is something I always wanted to do. After high school, I did one semester of Uni but it just never felt right,  I always felt that there was something missing in  my life” Jeremy said

“Yeah, I know what you mean…what did your parent say?” Bobby said

“They were not happy, they thought I was throwing my life away but when they see me now, see how happy I am, they are very proud” Jeremy said

“Do you regret not finishing Uni and having a normal life?” Bobby said

“Well, I do have a normal life its just that my office is here” Jeremy said

“Yeah” Bobby said and she laughed

“I will go back to Uni at some point, not because I need the skills but just so I can say I didn’t leave that chapter of my life open. Im a firm believer that to move on, all the doors need to be closed before the window of opportunity can open” Jeremy said. Bobby sighed, Jeremy was right, it was what Madam Maria said, it was something she needed to do

“I gather the church is important to you?” Jeremy said

“Well I am not really religious but I always feel calm when I am here, like I have no worries and one of my best friends is a Reverend” Bobby said

“Yes, this place has a way of making you feel like that” Jeremy said

“Well ive taken up too much of your time, I better get going” Bobby said and she got up

“Well you are welcome here anytime” Jeremy said

“Thank you. If ever you come to Summer Bay, I co-own the Bayside diner, anything you want is on the house” Bobby said and smiled

“Thank you very much” Jeremy said and smiled and walked behind Bobby

“No, thank you” Bobby said and smiled then she walked to her car, got in and drove off

Newcastle- Australia

“Sorry to keep you waiting Alex, please come in” Reverend Dawson said as he stood aside for Reverend Jones to step into his office

“Thank you” Reverend Jones said

“Please sit down” Reverend Dawson said as he pointed to the chair the he sat opposite Reverend Jones

“I am sorry that we are meeting under these circumstance “Reverend Jones said

“Yes, although I am very surprised that we are. Alex, what happened” Reverend Dawson said

“Reverend Dawson, I don’t know. One minute I was saving Tamara Newton from the abusive environment of her home and now I am being accused of inappropriately touching young girls” Reverend Jones said then sighed

“Alex, I have known you for over 15 years, I am sorry but I have to ask, is there any truth to these allegations?” Reverend Dawson said

“No Reverend Dawson, absolutely not” Reverend Jones said looking at Reverend Dawson with tears in his eye

“Why do you think these allegations are now being brought to my attention?” Reverend Dawson said

“I assume Angela Newton is upset that I got involved in the situation with her daughters and wants to punish me” Reverend Jones said

“I didn’t say it was her” Reverend Dawson said

“You didn’t have to, I know it was her” Reverend Jones said as Reverend Dawson sighed

“What happens now?” Reverend Jones said

“Well you will be confined to this Vicarage until a full investigation is completed” Reverend Dawson said

“ I understand” Reverend Jones

“Alex, you are one of my best clergy, this is not going to be easy. If the family decide to take this public, your reputation will be ruined” Reverend Dawson sid

“I don’t care about that. As long as I still have my clerical collar and the truth comes out, I don’t mind leaving and going somewhere else. I saved two girls who were in an abusive home, . I have no regrets. The people that I care about, they believe me so I am fine with that” Reverend Jones said

“You mean your lady friend in Summer Bay?” Reverend Dawson said and Reverend Jones nodded

“I understand she was at the clergy house last night” Reverend Dawson said

“Yes, she drove up to find out what was going on. She has a daughter the same age as Tamara Newton, that little girl is like my daughter, I would never do anything to ever jeopardize not seeing her again” Reverend Jones said and he began to cry and Reverend Dawson sighed

“You are a wonderful Reverend Alex, it would be a travesty if we lose you. We will do our best to conduct this investigation as quickly and discreetly as possible” Reverend Dawson said

“Thank you Reverend Dawson” Reverend Jones said as he got up

“We don’t normally allow this but I will make an exception, you can make one phone call” Reverend Dawson said then he got up and walked towards the door

“Thank you” Reverend Jones said and Reverend Dawson smiled then he left the room. Reverend Jones immediately got up and rushed over to the desk and picked up the phone

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Pippa looked around the table, Mrs Malloy was writing notes as Viv explained what happened in her home. Steve was upstairs looking after Sally and Christopher and Grant was holding Tammy. Pippa smiled, her mind was thinking about Alex

Phone ringing

The phone ringing made Pippa jump “Ill just get that “ Pippa said then she rushed over to the phone

“Caravan Park, Hello” Pippa said as she put the receiver to her ear

“Phillipa its me” Reverend Jones said. Pippa exhaled when she heard his voice. She pulled the phone cord out of the living room and closed the double doors and sat on the stairs

“Alex, how are you? Ive been really worried” Pippa said

“I am fine, I don’t have long, I just wanted to let you know that I am alright” Reverend Jones said

“So what is going to happen to you?” Pippa said

“Well, there is going to be an investigation. I am not sure how long that is going to take and depending on the outcome, I will be leaving here. That is usually the protocol when things like this happens” Reverend Jones said

“So I wont get to see you again” Pippa said sad

“Probably not” Reverend Jones said

“This feels like it did all those years ago, I didn’t get to say goodbye then and I am not getting to say goodbye now” Pippa said on the verge of tears

“I’m sorry” Reverend Jones said

“Is there anything I can do to help? Can I talk to your boss or something?” Pippa said

“That is kind of you but no” Reverend Jones said

“Are you sure? There must be something I can do” Pippa said

“Just keep a prayer for me in your heart” Reverend Jones said

“I will” Pippa said

“Please tell Roberta I am sorry” Reverend Jones said

“You did nothing wrong, she will know that” Pippa said

“I have to go now” Reverend Jones said

“Alex” Pippa said

“Yes” Reverend Jones said

“ill miss you” Pippa said

“Ill miss you too” Reverend Jones said then he put the phone down. Pippa sighed then she went back into the living room and put the phone down

“Sorry about that “ Pippa said when she sat down

“That’s alright. The girls have expressed that they want to stay with Mr Mitchell and I can get a temporary order for that but unfortunately his home isn’t sufficient, having only two rooms

“I can get a bigger apartment but that is going to take some time” Grant said. For some reason he had become attached to Viv and Tammy

“I will put the paperwork for the temporary order but until you have a bigger apartment, I will need to move the girls to another foster home” Mrs Malloy said and Viv looked upset

“Please Mrs Malloy, we want to stay with Grant” Viv said

“I understand Viv but his place is too small” Mrs Malloy said

“I have a spare room, the girls can stay here until Grant finds a place “ Pippa said

“Are you sure?” Grant said

“Of course” Pippa said and smiled

“Thanks, I will get down the estate agents as soon as it opens” Grant said and Tammy hugged him and smiled

“Thank you, you are our new family” Viv said and she hugged Grant. He smiled, excited that he was going to be a foster dad...but inside he was hoping that his secret wouldn’t come back to haunt him..

Background music ends

Chapter 195

“Thanks” Alf said as the barman out two beers in front of him and Frank

“Cheers” Alf said and he lifted his bottle, Frank smiled and lifted his and they clinked bottles

“This place is alright” Alf said looking around the Irish pub they were sitting in

“This is my firs time coming here” Frank said as he drank some of his beer

“I want to get straight to the point” Alf said as Frank rolled his eyes

“I had my doubts about you but I knew my daughter loved you but I wasn’t sure if you were serious about my Ruthy but you have proven me wrong. You make my daughter happy and for that I say thank you” Alf said as Frank sipped his beer

“This business with the house deposit, Ruthy didn’t know anything about it so don’t go blaming her” Alf said

“I know, I appreciate what you wanted to do but we will be fine I can take care of her” Frank said

“Yeah, I know you can. You remind me of myself when I married Ruth’s mum. I didn’t want any help from her dad either. Alf said and he laughed

“You’ve done very well for yourself Frank. If Tom were here, he would be proud of you” Alf said

“Thanks “ Frank said

“I hope you get into that house soon and when Ruthy is ready, have some grandkids for me” Alf said

“What do you mean when Roo is ready” Frank said

“I I mean when the time is right” Alf said

“Did she say something to you?” Frank said

“No..No I mean you don’t need to be in a rush to have a family just yet. Enjoy being newlyweds” Alf said as Frank got annoyed

“That dress is really pretty, you’re going to look great tonight” Ailsa said as Roo twirled in the dress

“Thanks, let me take it off before I get it dirty before tonight” Roo said as she rushed to the bathroom to take off her dress. Ailsa looked behind her, Duncan was fast asleep then she looked around the apartment and smiled. Shortly after Roo appeared from the bathroom

“I cant believe you and Dad are going back tomorrow” Roo said as she hung the dress up and sat next to Ailsa.

“Yeah the time has flown by” Ailsa said

“I was thinking the other day about how much I tried to mess things up for you and Dad and now you are here and we have a good relationship” Ailsa said

“Yeah, things have a habit of working out for the best” Ailsa aid as she patted Roo on the knee

“Yeah they do..I never expected to be living here and I am” Roo said

“I am proud of you love, things are going really well for you and soon you will have your own little family. I dont think Frank can wait to be a dad” Ailsa said and Roo looked down at her lap

“Is there something wrong?” Ailsa said as Roo sighed

“Frank is in a rush to start a family but I am not ready…not after what happened with Martha, I still have a lot of things I want to do” Roo said

“I guess with his upbringing it makes sense that he would want his own family” Ailsa said

“I understand all that but its all he talks about, it gets annoying. He doesn’t want to consider how I feel” Roo said

“Have you talked to him about this?” Ailsa said

“Yes then it turns into an argument… the other day he got a job offer from Stacey Macklin and can you believe he actually expected me to leave my job and follow him to Texas and do nothing all day” Roo said

“So what happened?” Ailsa said

“I told him that I left Australia to be here with him, the least he can do is support my career too and decided I was righ” Roo said

“Is he ok with that?” Ailsa said

“He has to be because I want to make a name for myself at Edison” Roo said

“Love, relationships are about compromise. There were a lot of things about your Dad that I didn’t like but I had to compromise so that he can still be happy” Ails said

“So what are you saying? I should give up my dreams to make Frank happy? Bobby did that and in the end he left her “ Roo said annoyed

“That is not what I am saying, I just want you to understand that he has feelings too. You don’t want to push him away” Ailsa said

“Push Frank away? He chose me, he isn’t going anywhere” Roo said then she got up as Ailsa looked at her

“Im thinking of these earrings with this dress, what do you think? Roo said and smiled

Chambers Residence- Yabbie Creek

Marilyn looked at herself in the mirror. She was trying on a dress that she was going to wear to the RSL tonight with Ben . The RSL is hosting a New Years eve dance

Phone ringing

The phone ringing made Marilyn jump. She rushed to the phone as quickly as she cook in her heels

“Hello” Marilyn said when she picked up the phone

“Hi beautiful, how are you?” Ben said as Marilyn smiled

“I was just trying on my dress for tonight” Marilyn said

“About tonight…Im not sure if I can stay all night. I have a special assignment and have to leave early” Ben said

“I was hoping we could kiss at midnight, its our first New Years eve together” Ben said

“Yeah, I know. I am disappointed too but at least we get to see each other” Ben said

“Yeah, I suppose” Marilyn said

“I know you are disappointed but I will make it up to you” Ben said

“I know you will” Marilyn said

“I got to go, Ill pick you up at 7pm” Ben said

“Alright, Ill see you later…I love you” Marilyn said

“Me too” Ben said then Marilyn put the phone down. She sighed because shed was disappointed but she was still going to see the love of her life Marilyn smiled and went back to her rom to finish putting gher out fit together

Carly put the phone down “Pippa said we can close up early since there it has been dead for most of the day

“Alright” Lance  said

“Are you coming to the Resort tonight?” Carly said as she looked at Lance

“I dunno” Lance said

“Why not? Everyone will be there” Carly said as Lance shrugged his shoulders

Phone ringing

“Hello Bayside diner” Carly said as she picked up the receiver

““Hi beautiful, how are you?” Ben said as Carly smiled

“Good, youre lucky you just caught me. We are closing up early so I can go and get ready for tonight…I cant wait to see you” Carly said

“About tonight, I have a special assignment that isn’t finishing until late, I wont be able to get there until just before midnight” Ben said

“Oh Bennnnnn this is going to be our first New Years eve together….i wanted it to be special” Carly said

“It will be, I just cant be there to have dinner with you that’s all” Ben said

“Cant you try to get out of it?” Carly said

“No I cant” Ben said

“Cant you at least try?” Carly said

“I said I cant, don’t annoy me” Ben said

“Ok, Im sorry. Well at least we will be together at midnight” Carly said

“Yeah, we will. I have to go but ill meet you at the resort around 11.45pm” Ben said

“Alright, see you later” Carly said then Ben put the phone down. Carly put the receiver down and sighed. She wanted things to be special with Ben but she understood his military obligations came first. Carly sighed as she looked at the phone

“Stop, I need to find something to wear tonight” Megan said as Martin kissed her

“Sorry, I just really missed you “ Martin said

“What do you think of this dress?” Megan said as she pulled a black dress out of her wardrobe

“I would prefer you with nothing on” Martin said and kissed Megans neck

“Martin!” Megan said

“Ok Ok, Ill behave myself” Martin said and went back to sit on the bed. Megan sighed. She liked Martin but she also have feelings for Grant. Megan heard the door open and she rushed outside

“How did it go with the social worker” Megan said as Grant put his keys on the table

“Good, the girls are staying at the caravan park for a few days but I asked for them to be temporarily assigned to me” Grant said

“We don’t have the space here” Megan said annoyed

“I know, I am going to see the estate agent tomorrow, to see if I can break the lease and get a bigger place” Grant said

“That’s just great, what am I going to do?” Megan said

“I can move in, if you want” Martin said as he came out of the room

“Martin, Grant and I need to talk, can I just see you later” Megan said as Martin looked at her her

“Yeah sure…ill pick you up at 8, we can have dinner first” Martin said as he looked at Grant

“Yeah sure” Megan said as she waved her hand off at Martin. Grant looked at Martin then he left the house. Grant sighed as he walked away. He really liked Megan, he knew she was the one for him but she had been acting weird lately. Martin sighed then continued to walk home

Best Inn- Shaolhaven

Bobby opened her eyes, she must have nodded off. She exhaled then looked at the notepad on the bed and began to read it. It was a list of all the things she had to do when she got back. Bobby exhaled then she looked at the table, it was all the things she needed for tonight. Bobby picked up the notepad and sighed

Frank slammed the door annoyed. Roo came out of the bathroom, she had just finished drying her hair

“Thanks a lot” Frank said and walked towards the couch

“What are you talking about?” Roo said

“Im talking about you making me look like a fool in front of your dad. Why did you tell him about not wanting to have a baby but you are telling me something different” Frank said as he looked at Roo

“I didn’t say anything to him” Roo said

“So  why is he telling me you dont want a family yet?” Frank said

“Hes my dad, Im not going to lie to him” Roo said

“And Im your husband, your not supposed to make me look like a fool” Frank said

“Look can we fight about this later, we need to get ready because we are going to have drinks with Dad and Ailsa before we head to the party” Roo said

“Im not going anywhere, you can go by yourself” Frank said and went and sat on the couch

“What? You are really acting childish Frank” Roo said

“Well I cant be adult and have a family with you can I” Frank said annoyed

“Fine, do what you want” Roo said and she went back to the bathroom to do her hair as Frank sat on the couch and sighed

Background music ends

The Bistro- The City

Background music- Carly’s theme

Matt turned the security alarm on then he walked out of the door and locked it. The weather was a little cooler tonight. Matt walked the short distance to his car and he got in

“Its been ages since I have a night out” Narelle said as Matt closed the door

“Me too” Matt said as he started the engine of his car

“Can you believe that tomorrow is a new year” Narelle said

“I just want this one to be over so I can start fresh” Matt said

“Yeah, hopefully there are more guys now in Summer Bay” Narelle said as Matt laughed

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“You look nice sweetheart” Pippa said said as she watched Carly put her necklace on

“Thanks..is asal alright?” Carly said as Pippa sighed

“Its this thing with Frank, she is still really upset with him but she doesn’t want to talk about it and she doesn’t want to talk to him.” Pippa said and sighed

“Carly, can you do me a fabour, ask Viv and Tammy if they want to come in here” Pippa said

“I did, they said no, I think they just to be by themselves” Carly said

“Grant said he would be back tonight before he goes out, hopefully that will cheer them up a little” Pippa said

“What time is Ben picking you up?” Pippa said

“He isn’t..he has some work thing so is going to meet me there…Ill just get a lift with Grant” Carly said as she fixed her hair

Chambers Residence- Yabbie creek

“You look stunning” Ben said as Marilyn walked towards the car wearing a tight red dress then she kissed Ben

“This is for you’ Ben said then he gave Marilyn a single red rose

“Thank you” Marilyn said then she got into the car as she  fastened her seat belt, she caught something on the back of the seat

“Who is that other rose for?” Marilyn said

“I was saving it to give it to you before I left” Ben said

“Awww that is so sweet of you..what did I do to deserve you” Marilyn said and she smiled then she kissed Ben on the cheek

Background music ends

Chapter 196

Grant put the chocolates, magazines and toys in a bag. He wanted to do something so he drove around and eventually found a shop open for him to buy Viv and Tammy some things to keep them occupied. He was going to drop them off at the caravan park and spend some time with the girls. He didn’t know why but he had become attached to them, like they were his own daughters. After hearing what happened to them he didn’t want to let them down

“Can you do my zip up please” Megan said as she walked into the living room. Grant zipped up the bag while Megan turned around and he zipped up her dress. She looked really nice. It was a black sequined dress and her hair was curled

“Thanks” Megan said

“About earlier, I am sorry. I was just being self. Im not going to be able to afford this place on my own” Megan said

“No worries. I was talking to the people next door, they have a 3 bedroom place, they said if the landlord agrees, we can swap, they don’t need all the space. You can move in there with us if you want, until you get somewhere else” Grant said

“Thanks” Megan said and smiled then she kissed Grant on the cheek and smiled

“Door knocking”

Megan sighed as she walked towards the door

“Wow…you look amazing” Martin said as he looked at Megan then he followed her inside the house. He put his hand in his pocket and felt the small box. He was going to try his luck again and ask her to marry him again.

“Ill just get my bag I wont be long” Megan said and she went nto her room as Grant put the bag on his shoulder

“You not coming tonight?” Martin said

“Yeah but I am going to the caravan park first” Grant said as he began to walk towards the door

“Righto, see you later” Martin said and Grant walked out of the house

“Come here” Martin said as he grabbed Megans waist and kissed her

“I think tonight is going to be really special” Martin said and he smiled. Megan smiled back at him then he hugged her as her smile disappeared

Best Inn- Shaolhaven

Bobby laid the blanket on the floor and sat down. She sat on the blanket and them from her bag, she took out the cassette player, the bottle of champagne and a glass, her notebook, a pen and some chocolates. She then put her hand in her bag again and took out some batteries and put them in the cassette player then tried the radio, the radio worked. She was going to ask the reception if they had one but she remembered she had an old one in her car. Bobby took the letter she wrote to her Grandma and began to read it then turned the volume of the radio a little higher

Love is a hunger
That burns in my soul
But you never notice the pain 
Love is an anchor
That won't let me go
I reach out to hold you 
But you push me away
You always convince me to stay

Marriot Hotel- Manhattan- New York

Ailsa, Alf and Roo clinked glasses then drank some champagne. Roo was smiling and Alf was so proud of her. Roo looked at her watch then put the champagne glass down, she was going to catch a taxi. Roo put her coat on and kissed her dad and Ailsa and rushed out of the hotel room. When Roo got downstairs and out of the hotel, she looked down the road, she saw a taxi coming and she put her hand out, explained to the driver where she was going, got into the back seat and shut the door and smiled to herself

And I wonder why
We hold on with tears in our eyes
And I wonder why
We have to break down to just make 
Things right
And I wonder why 
I can't seem to tell you goodbye
Yeah, I wonder why

Irish Pub- Manhattan- New York

Frank drank the beer and sighed then he put the bottle down. He was angry at Roo for making him look like a fool, he knew what he wanted and he thought that things were going to be different with Roo but they were worse. Frank sighed then he looked around the pub. It was full, many people were with the one they loved getting ready to bring in the new year and he was here, alone. Frank picked up the beer again and drank it

I'm no angel
With my selfish pride
But I love you more every day
Love is an anger
That builds up inside
As the tears of frustration
Roll down my face
Why does love always have to turn
Out this way

Sands Resort- Summer Bay

Matt parked his car as Narelle checked in the mirror for lipstick on her teeth.

Grant parked his car and smiled as Carly checked her hair and her watch, she had some time before Ben came

Matt got out of his car and closed the door. He rushed around and opened the door for Narelle and she smiled. She felt guilty that she couldn’t tell Matt about Carly.

Carly got out of the car and her and Grant began to walk towards the resort. As they got closer, Carly thought she saw a familiar car then she shook her head and smiled as she thought about seeing Ben soon

Matt was excited to be back in Summer Bay, back to his old life and in that excitement he hugged Narelle, picked her up and swung her around then hugged her again

As Carly got closer her smile disappeared as she saw Matt and Narelle hug then Matt put his arm around Narelle as they walked into the resort

I don't want to fight again tonight
About the little things please baby
I just want to find my way
Back to love
And I'll meet you there, baby

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Pippa closed Sally’s door, she was fast asleep. Then she opened the spare room, Viv and Tammy where asleep. Pippa opened Steves door, he was asleep. She closed the door and slowly walked down the stairs. Pippa sat on the couch and out of her pocket, she took out two photos, one of her and Tom and one of her and Alex when they were younger. She was feeling so guilty for the way she was feeling about Alex. Pippa heard footsteps then she put the photos in her pocket. Steve appeared at the door then smiled and sat next to Pippa and hugged her and she smiled

And I wonder why
We hold on with tears in our eyes
And I wonder why
We have to break down to just make 
Things right
And I wonder why 
I can't seem to tell you goodbye
Yeah, I wonder why

Background music ends

Chapter 197

Sands Resort- Summer Bay

Background music

It's me again yes, how did you guess
'Cause last time you were really impressed
And I'm bolder c-c-cold, getting colder
And at the very same time I heat up at a party
And sold her but not with solar power
For far too long made mistakes and allowed
A fat and ugly thing get in my way
Now I'm suitable and I'm say
I'm no in-between top of the rank
Like Pearl and Dean and if you can't take the heat
Get out of the kitchen
Ain't got no time for your boo boo Betty

Betty Boo
Betty Boo just doin' the do
And you are through
And there's nothing you can do

As Megan danced with Martin he thought about how lucky he was to have the best looking woman dancing with him. As Megan danced, Grant sat at the bar drinking his beer and watching how her body glided to the music

Hoodlum
That what you you called me rebellious
You can't ignore me but nevermind 'cause I know that I'm sweeter
Your time is up so put more money in your meter
You say I bully though I know I'm no goody goody
But what I do know is that I'm fully in control

You're on a roll fat as a roly poly
And on the whole you think that I'm a threat

'Cause I'm the best that you could ever get
I never made the teacher's pet and ease yourself
I know you despise me you criticize
And override me but I'm better and a whole lot cleverer

A go getter, you know a trend setter
I'm all the rage and all the craze
Come on, change the record gotta turn the page

Betty Boo
And you are through

Carly stood next to Grant then she looked at her watch and folded her arms. Ben would be here soon She looked around, it was packed with people dancing then she saw Narelle walking towards her and she turned her back

“Hi, it’s a good party” Narelle said as she stood next to Carly

“Thanks a lot Narelle” Carly said and turned her back

“Whats the matter?” Narelle said confused

“When I saw you at Christmas, you didn’t even have the decency to tell me that you are seeing my ex” Carly said

“Your ex? Carly what are you talking about ? I am not seeing anybody” Narelle said even more confused

“Don’t act innocent Narelle, is there any man that you wouldn’t date? You make me sick” Carly said then she stormed off as Narelle watched her go

Betty Boo
And you are through

I'm sorry if I upset ya to get the better of me
I wouldn't let ya any time of the day
I could get ya you come running to me
Yes, I bet ya ain't going out like a sucka
There's no need to huff and puffa
'Cause, baby, I am tougher
Than you think so you just gotta suffer

Betty Boo
And you are through

Betty Boo
And you are through

Ciprianis- New York

Roo smiled as she danced with some women from her office. The restaurant was hosting a New Years eve party and the place was packed with top executives from New York. The party was invite only and every year Edison Agency was always on the guest list. As Roo danced, she looked around and wished that someone would pinch her, she was far away from Summer Bay, making her own money and living life on her own terms, she loved it.

Background music ends

Chamber Residence- Yabbie creek

As Ben kissed Marilyn, he looked at the time. He had one hour to get to Summer Bay. Ben tried to pull away from the kiss but Marilyn was kissing his neck

“Come on stop, I have to go” Ben said and eventually Marilyn pulled away and sighed

“Do you really have to go…I feel like I never see you” Marilyn said

“What are you talking about? Im with you right now aren’t I?” Ben said

“Yeah I know but I want to see you more than once a week….Ive been thinking, I can move to the city and we can get a place together” Marilyn said

“We cant, I have to live on the base” Marilyn said

“Maybe you can leave” Marilyn said

“Leave? Look get out” Ben said

“Ben, I just gave a suggestion. I am sorry” Marilyn said

“I SAID GET OUT” Ben said then he banged his hand on the steering wheel. This made Marilyn jump.

Marilyn sighed, she was always doing things to make Ben angry. As Marilyn got out of the car, Ben snatched the roses from her and before Marilyn was about to close the door, Ben drove off. Marilyn watched the car until it was out of site then she exhaled and walked to the house.

Stewart Residence- Summer Bay

“Michael is something wrong?” Celia said as she looked at Michael

“No, Im just worried about Haydn” Michael said

“Is there something wrong?” Celia said

“No, I ‘m just going to miss him when he goes” Michael said and sighed as Celia sat next to him

“But after the wedding, I thought you were going to file for custody” Celia said

“I am but I spoke to the solicitor, its going to cost a lot of money to fight Cynthia for full custody” Michael said

“Oh don’t worry about that,  I have some money. We are going to be married so what is mine is yours” Celia said as she snuggled under Michaels arm

“Thank you” Michael said

“No, thank you for making my dreams come true” Celia said as she closed her eyes and smiled as Michael smiled to himself

Sands Resort- Summer Bay

Background music

i've been stood up messed around
And taken for a fool
But next time round
I'm gonna change the rules

And I don't care about the things that people say
It's you I think about each and everyday
It's much too late for you to change your ways
I can't keep holding on expecting you to stay

When you're all alone and if you're feeling down
Call me, I'll be around

Whenever you need somebody
I'll bring my love to you

You don't have to say you love me
I just want to be with you

“Hi” Megan said as she stood next to Grant. Grant nodded his head and drank his beer

“You not dancing?” Megan said

“No, just enjoying the atmosphere and drinking my beer” Grant said as he pointed at his beer

“Come on, come and dance” Megan said as she tried to get Grant to move

“Here you are, I was just coming to get you a drink” Martin said as he walked up to Megan

“Oh, right, I was just getting one” Megan said disappointed as her facial expression changed. Grant noticed as he looked at Martin who didn’t notice

Lost inside your love is where I want to be
I'm just asking you to spend some time with me
Time and time you say you want to be free
And you can have some fun that's okay with me

You will never know just how good I feel
The joy inside of me makes me feel so real
Call me, I'll be around

“Hey, where did you go?” Matt said as he tapped Narelles shoulder

“I just went to get a drink” Narelle said

“Are you alright?” Matt said

“I just saw Carly, she was really angry at me for some reason” Narelle said

“Why?” Matt said confused

“I don’t know, something to do with dating her ex or something” Narelle said

“Ill go and find her, I need to talk to her” Matt said

“Ok” Narelle said and sighed and looked around. There were no new prospects. Even Martin had a date. Narelle rolled her eyes and sipped her drink then someone bumped into her

“Oh, I am sorry” Narelle looked up to see a familiar face looking at her

“Its fine, I hope it wont stain…I see you are back in town” Narelle said as she used her hand to brush her dress

“Can I buy you another drink” Jeff Samuels said

“Sure” Narelle said as Jeff smiled

'll bring my love to you

It's much too late for you to change your ways
I can't keep holding on expecting you to stay
Call me, I'll be around

Carly sat outside. She looked at her watch, it was 20 minutes to midnight and Ben had not arrived yet. She sighed, she was really upset when she saw Matt and Narelle together and that Narelle didn’t have the guts to tell her they were dating

“Hi” Carly looked up and she saw Matt smiling at her, she had butterflies in her stomach

“What do you want?” Carly said

“Well its nice to see you too” Matt sat down and smiled as Carly sighed

“How are you?” Matt said

“Fine” Carly said

“Did you read my letter?” Matt said

“Yes I did then I threw it away” Carly said

“”I didn’t mean to hurt you” Matt said as Carly sighed then she thought about Narelle and Matt together

“I don’t know what I saw in you” Carly said

“Excuse me?” Matt said

“You heard, you are a jerk. you have a baby with one woman and you are here all over Narelle” Carly said

“Narelle? I am not with Narelle” Matt said confused

“You don’t have to lie to me…but then again that is what you are good at” Carly said and she got up . Just as she was about to walk away, Matt got up and grabbed her arm

“Carly, I am not with Narelle, its you I want” Matt said as he kissed Carlys cheek. Carly exhaled as she felt a warm feeling come over her.

“Well I don’t want you. I have a boyfriend and he makes me very happy…bye Matt” Carly said and walked inside the resort

Ben turned the engine of his car off as he watched Carly walk back to the resort. He saw her talking to the guy …He saw the guy kiss Carly on the cheek and Carly didn’t object…Ben began breathing heavily then he banged his hand hard on the steering wheel then he got out of the car, slammed the door and walked towards the resort.

Background music ends

Chapter 198

Sands Resort- Summer Bay

Background music

If the music's pumping it will give you new life
You're a superstar, yes, that's what you are, you know it

Come on, vogue
Let your body move to the music (move to the music)
Hey, hey, hey
Come on, vogue
Let your body go with the flow (go with the flow)
You know you can do it

“Martin, Im going to get a drink” Megan said as she walked to the bar and wiped her forehead. She looked around to see if she would see Grant but he wasn’t there

“Whew thank goodness my feet were about to fall off” Martin said as he followed Megan to the bar, put his hand in his pocket, squeezed the ring box and smiled to himself

“Im just going to the bathroom, ill be back soon” Megan said

“Don’t be too long, they are about to do the countdown to midnight” Martin said as he kissed Megan and she faked a smile then she walked off

Beauty's where you find it
Not just where you bump and grind it
Soul is in the music, oh
That's where I feel so beautiful
Magical, life's a ball
So get up on the dance floor

Come on, vogue
Hey, hey, hey
Come on, vogue
You know you can do it

Narelle smiled shyly as Jeff looked at her. She didn’t really talk to him much when she lived in Summer Bay but she was surprised that she found him so attractive now

“So what brings you back to the bay?” Narelle said then she sipped her drink

“I got a job here at the resort as a fitness instructor” Jeff said

“Oh right…Im just visiting meself” Narelle said

“I thought you lived here?” Jeff said

“No, I moved to the city” Narelle said as Jeff smiled

"I think you should visit Summer Bay more" Jeff said and Narelle smiled

Vogue, (Vogue)
Beauty's where you find it (move to the music)
Vogue, (Vogue)
Beauty's where you find it (go with the flow)

Greta Garbo, and Monroe
Dietrich and DiMaggio
Marlon Brando, Jimmy Dean
On the cover of a magazine
Grace Kelly; Harlow, Jean
Picture of a beauty queen
Gene Kelly, Fred Astaire
Ginger Rogers, dance on air
They had style, they had grace

Carly sighed then she folded her arms as she watched Matt talking to Danielle on the other side of the room then she felt a tap on her shoulder. When Carly turned around, she saw Ben and hugged him. Ben locked eyes with Matt who was watching them from across the room “I am so glad you made it, I didn’t want to go into 1991 without you” Carly said and kissed Ben

Rita Hayworth gave good face
Lauren, Katherine, Lana too
Bette Davis, we love you
Ladies with an attitude
Fellows that were in the mood
Don't just stand there, let's get to it
Strike a pose, there's nothing to it

Vogue, vogue

O’Mallery Irish Pub- New York

Frank sighed as he drank the last of his beer then he looked up and saw two men playing cards. Curious, Frank put the bottle down and walked over to the table.

“That’s me done” One man said as he put his cards on the table. The other man smiled and picked up the money from the table and put it in his pocket then he looked at Frank

“You interested?” The man said

“How much?” Frank said

“$10 a game” The man said

“Sure” Frank said and he sat down. Even though he lost to Brett, he knew he was good at playing cards. Frank looked at the man as he shuffled the card then he exhaled

Come on, vogue
Hey, hey, hey
Come on, vogue
You know you can do it

Cipriani- New York

Roo smiled to herself as she danced, she felt guilty that she was enjoying herself without Frank but she didn’t want him bringing her down, not tonight as she celebrated the new year with her friends. As Roo danced, she looked in front of her as one of her co-workers hugged Nancy. Roos heart skip then she looked around then she saw Donavan shaking hands with someone then their eyes locked and he winked at her.

Background music ends

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“Thank you” Pippa said as Steve gave her a cup of hot chocolate then he sat next to her.

“Are you not tired?” Pippa said and Steve shook his head no as he sipped his hot chocolate.

“Do you think Reverend Jones will be ok?” Steve said

“I hope so sweetheart but allegations like this tend to ruin a persons reputation even if the truth comes out, the damage has already been done” Pippa and sighed

“Its my fault…like everything else this year” Steve said

“No its not…Viv and Tammy needed help and they have been helped so its not a bad thing” Pippa said

“Yeah I know but now Reverend Jones is in trouble” Steve said

“Lets be positive…it’s a new year lets hope for the best” Pippa said and she patted Steves knee

Vicarage- Newcastle

Reverend Jones made the sign of the cross then got up from the floor. He got into bed and covered himself then he looked at the time, 11:47pm. He sighed. He was supposed to be spending tonight with Phillipa but he was here, alone. Reverend Jones sighed then he turned onto his side and stared at the clock

Stewart Sr Residence- Summer Bay

Celia smiled as she stood by the kitchen door. Michael was napping and she was going to prepare two glasses of sherry for them to toast the new year. Celia was very happy, she was going to get married and be a mother all at once. Celia thought she heard some noises coming from the bedroom but Haydn was asleep. Celia decided to check on Haydn anyway since she was going to be his step mother. Celia smiled to herself as she thought that. Celia slowly walked to the bedroom and opened the door to see Haydn playing video games

“Haydn, its late now, I think you should be going to bed” Celia said with a smile. Haydn didn’t respond

“Its late, you can play with your games tomorrow” Celia said as she walked over to Haydn and attempted to grab the game. Haydn pulled the game away from Celia

“Youre not my mum, you cant tell me what to do” Haydn said then he continued to play his game. Celia looked at him shocked.

Barbra sighed as she looked at a photo of her and Matt then she put her hand on her stomach.

Flashback

Matt “G’day Ms Stewart”

Barbra “Hello Matt, I didn’t know you were working here”

Matt “Yeah, been here for a few weeks”

Barbra “So how did you get on in So how did you get on in your HSC exams?

Matt “Terrible”

Barbra “Oh, I am sorry”

Matt “Ahh its not your fault”

Barbra “Well if you think about taking it again, I could tutor you”

Matt “ Thanks but I don’t think I will be taking any exams again”

Barbra “Ok, how about a drink then?”

Matt “sure”

Barbra sighed, She didn’t realize that she would fall so deeply in love with Matt. She had to get him back

Knock on the door

“I thought you were going out” Barbra said

“No, I want to spend New Years eve with you” Rebecca said as she put the tray on the side table and got into bed with her mum. She then gave her mum a cup and she took one then leaned on her mums shoulder

“Mum…I am really sorry about everything” Rebecca said

“Its ok…you said you are going to help me get Matt back..you still promise?” Barbra said as she stroked Rebeccas hair

“Yes, I promise” Rebecca said a she looked guilty

Background music ends

Chapter 199

Best Inn- Shaolhaven

Time...
Time will be kind once we're apart
And your tears...
Tears will have no place in your heart
I wish I...
I could say how much I'll miss you when you're gone
All my love for you will go on and on and...

Hold me now
Don't cry
Don't say a word just...
Hold me now...
And try...to understand that...
I hope that last you'll find
What you've been searching for
Though I won't be there anymore...
I will always...love you...

Bobby sighed as she listen to the end of the song that Frank wrote for her. She pressed stop when the song ended. She pushed her knees up and rested her chin on them and looked at the beach. It was perfect being here with him, not hiding and just enjoying each other. Bobby looked at the envelope on the tray, it had Franks name and the Macklin’s office address. At the time she didn’t understand why Frank gave her all these details, maybe he was hoping that she would keep in touch but she didn’t, it was going to hurt too much, This was the only way to say goodbye, to tell Frank the truth so she can close the chapter of her life. Bobby picked up the notepad and exhaled

Background Music- Frank and Bobbys theme

Dear Frank

Its been a long time and I hope you don’t mind me writing to you.  I am probably the last person you expected to hear from, but there is something I want you to know. I initially decided that I didn’t want to tell you but that was me being selfish for all sorts of reasons.  Its hard for me to come out and say it because I don’t think I have accepted it but after you left, I found out I was pregnant. For seven months I was pregnant with our son, Thomas Frank but I lost him. I know how much having a family was important to you, I wanted to tell you, I wanted you to be with me, feel Toms every kick but I couldn’t be the reason why your marriage broke up. Every day I would talk to Tom, tell him about you and how much you would love him. I would eat your favourite foods so he would feel connected to you. Frank, I wanted you to be here so much. Every night I cried myself to sleep, I did get the courage to call you once but I chickened out. You sounded so happy with your life, I didn’t want to destroy it. I didn’t get a chance to say goodbye to Tom but Reverend Jones did. He christened him and said he looked just like you with lots of dark hair. I guess I decided to say this now because I want to let go of you. I felt as though Tom was my last link to you and he is gone and I have to let you go too. Please don’t be angry at me, I was keeping this from you for a good reason, our son is gone and I can move on with my life.

I hope you and Roo are happy. Maybe one day when I find someone who loves me as much as you love Roo, we can all be happy together

Please don’t write back, there is nothing left to say

Good Luck in the future and ill see you around

Bobby

Bobby sighed then she put the letter in the enveloped and sealed it. It wasn’t as hard as she thought it was going to be, writing to Frank. Bobby put the envelope on the tray then she looked ahead at the people setting up their fireworks on the beach. She took a sip of the champagne and put the glass back on the tray then remembered that she had not opened the last box that her grandmas’s neighbor gave to her. Bobby rushed inside to go and get it

Sands Resort- Summer Bay

Background music

So many times I've been around you
And I know how much I like you
It's like a dream each time I see you
And there's this magic in the air
I feel so shy that I can't approach you
Even though you're just there
But I know that one day I'll get my way
And this is what I'll say
C'mon and get my love, c'mon and get my love it's for you
C'mon and get my love, c'mon and get my love it's for you

Martin squeezed the box in his pocket. He was nervous and excited at the same time. He couldn’t wait to propose and was hoping that Megan would say yes this time. Martin looked around, he couldn’t see her so he decided to go looking for her

Best Inn- Shaolhaven

Bobby sat down and crossed her legs. The people on the beach had started to let the fireworks go. Bobby watched one go into the sky them burst into different colours. Bobby turned the radio on and turned the volume up slightly as she opened the box

Oceans apart day after day
And I slowly go insane
I hear your voice on the line
But it doesn't stop the pain

If I see you next to never
How can we say forever

Sands Resort- Summer Bay

DJ- Alright folks we are going to start the countdown soon

“Hi” Grant turned around to see Megan standing behind him.

“I was wondering where you disappeared to” Megan said and she stood next to Grant who was standing outside and looking at the water

“Just wanted to get some air” Grant said as he sipped his beer

“Do you mind if I stay out here with you, its really hot inside” Megan said and Grant looked at her and smiled

I took for granted, all the times
That I thought would last somehow
I hear the laughter, I taste the tears
But I can't get near you now

Oh, can't you see it baby
You've got me going crazy

Celia sat down next to Michael who was still fast asleep. She wanted to tell Michael about Haydn being rude but she didn’t want to ruin things. Celia turned on the TV then gently shook Michael and he began to wake up

Wherever you go
Whatever you do
I will be right here waiting for you

The curtain was slightly open in Reverend Jones room. He looked out of the window as the fireworks display. He loked at the time, it was almost midnight. He sighed then he got out of his bed and went on his knees and began to pray

Whatever it takes
Or how my heart breaks

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Pippa looked at Steve who was fast asleep on the couch. She put her cup down and got up then she kissed him on the forehead and walked over to the doo. She opened the door and looked at the fireworks. As she looked, she remembered previous years when all the kids struggled to stay up to watch the fireworks.

I wonder how we can survive
This romance
But in the end if I'm with you
I'll take the chance

Sands Resort- Summer Bay

Matt stood next to Narelle as he watched Carly and Ben go outside. He sighed, he had lost her, it was time to get on with his life

“You are really romantic, wanting to be alone with me at midnight” Carly said as she put her arms around Bens neck and kissed him then he stopped

“Is there something wrong?” Carly said confused

“When I drove in, I saw you talking to that guy” Ben said

“Who? Matt? I told you I went to school with him” Carly said and smiled

“So why did he grab your arm?” Ben said

“He was just hassling me and I told him to leave me along and that you were coming soon and you make me happy” Carly said and she put her arms around Ben and kissed him

“Youre lying” Ben said

“Im not, I love you, why would I lie?” Carly said confused as Ben walked away and stood looking at the water

Oh, can't you see it baby
You've got me going crazy

Cipriani- New York

Donavan thrusted faster then he slowed down and stopped and quickly adjusted himself and zipped his trouser and without saying a word, he rushed towards the door and back to the part. Roo smiled as she quickly pulled her dress down and fixed her hair then she rushed back to the party

Wherever you go
Whatever you do
Whatever it takes
Or how my heart breaks
Waiting for you

Sands resort- Summer Bay

Dj- Alright folks…here we go! 10

Barbra looked at Rebecca who had fallen asleep, she got out of her bed and walked over to the window to watch the fireworks. 1991 is going to be a great year, Barbra said to herself, I am going to get Matt back and we are going to have another baby.

Sands resort- Summer Bay

Dj- 9

Marriott Hotel- New York

Ailsa snuggled under Alfs arm as they watched the festivities of Times Square on the TV. Alf kissed Ailsa on top of his head and thought about how Martha would be proud of Roo

Sands resort- Summer Bay

Dj- 8!

Chambers Residence- Yabbie Creek

Marilyn took off her dressing gown and got into bed. She picked up the bridal magazine on the bedside and looked through and smiled..

Sands resort- Summer Bay

Dj- 7!

Celia looked at Michael as he drank his sherry. She loved him and nothing was going to spoil her happiness

Sands resort- Summer Bay

Dj- 6

Cipriani -New York

Roo stood behind a man at the bar, hoping that nobody saw her disappear. Sex with Donavan was so good and the more they did it, she started falling deeper for him. Roo tried to get the attention of the barman to see if she could get a drink then she felt a tap on her shoulder

“There you are” Nancy said

“Yeah, Ive been waiting to get a drink” Roo said as Nancy smiled. Forget that, we are all going to have champagne…Donavan just proposed” Nancy said and she showed Roo the ring as she pretended to be excited while her heart sank. “Congratulations” Roo said as Nancy hugged her

Sands resort- Summer Bay

Dj- 5!

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Pippa looked as the fireworks continued. She started thinking about Alex and hoping he was alright. He was supposed to be spending today with her. Pippa sighed then she admitted to herself that she liked him more than she thought

Sands resort- Summer Bay

Dj- 4

Martin looked around outside, he still couldn’t see Megan. He decided to go back in, incase she had gone looking for him. As Martin was about to go in, he could see something from the corner of his eye, when he looked, he saw Megan and Grant kissing

Sands resort- Summer Bay

Dj- 3!

“Ben come on, I said I wasn’t lying, its about to be the new year, lets not fight” Carly sid as she tried to touch Bens arm. He was angry about seeing Carly and the bloke and he was angry that she was lying to him. Ben couldn’t take it anymore then he turned and looked at Carly who smiled at him then he raised his hand and slapped her with the back of his hand then she fell to the floor

Sands resort- Summer Bay

Dj- 2!

O’Malley Irish Pub

Frank stepped outside into the cold air and exhaled. He smiled to himself as he put his hand in his pocket and felt the $300 he just won at the card game. Maybe 1991 wasn’t going to be so bad after all. Frank put his hand out and hailed a taxi. He was going home because 1991 would be a new beginning for him and Roo

Sands resort- Summer Bay

Dj- 1- HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Best Inn- Shaolhaven

Bobby took a smaller box out of the bigger box, she untied the ribbon and opened the box.  There were two envelopes, Bobby took the smaller envelope , put the box down then opened the envelope

“My Dear Roberta,

When you was a little girl, you always had one dream and I want to make that dream come true for you. I hope you and your family will be very happy

All my love

Nana

Bobby put the envelope down then picked up the bigger envelope. She was trying to think back about the dream her Grandma was talking about as she opened the envelope. As she read the document her heart skipped then her heart started breathing fast…as Bobby read, tears began forming in her eyes…she couldn’t believe it…Her Grandma had brought her a house on the beach…her dream was to always live on the beach with her husband and children…now she had no husband and no child..Bobby began to breath fast then she began to cry she put the letter on her heart and she cried..she cried for all the pain she had gone through this year, she cried because she lost the only man she loved, she cried because she lost her son and she cried because her dream didn’t really come true

Background music ends

Chapter 200

Two days later

Summer Bay

Bobby parked the car and exhaled, she was back home and it was time to get on with life. She was starting her media obligations next week and there were some functions at the Sands that she had to prepare for. Bobby got out of the car, locked it and walked into the diner. It was a usual lunch time rush. Bobby made her way to the back and picked up some letters on the side

Background music from Jukebox

Meet me in the crowd, people, people
Throw your love around, love me, love me
Take it into town, happy, happy
Put it in the ground where the flowers grow
Gold and silver shine

Shiny happy people holding hands
Shiny happy people laughing

“Hi” Bobby turned around to see Carly standing behind her

“Hi” Bobby said then she turned her attention to opening the letters

“Welcome home” Carly said and she stood by the sink

“Thanks” Bobby said

“You cut your hair, it looks nice” Carly said

“Thanks” Bobby said not looking up from the letter

“Have you spoken to Pippa?” Carly said

“No, I just got back” Bobby said

“I think you should…something happened” Carly said

“What?” Bobby said as she looked at Carly

“Ill let Pippa tell you” Carly said as Lucinda came into the kitchen

“Hi Bobby, Happy New Year” Lucinda said and Bobby smiled. Lucinda put the plates in the sink and walked out of the kitchen

“What happened to your eye?” Bobby said looking at Carly

“I was taking a can from the top shelf and my had slipped and it fell on my face…you know me clumsy” Carly said laughing. Bobby didn’t respond

“If anyone asks for me, Im going to the caravan park then I am going to the resort” Bobby said

“Oh by the way, the people from NSW called, they said you should call as soon as you got back”  Carly said

“Thanks” Bobby said

Everyone around, love them, love them
Put it in your hands, take it, take it
There's no time to cry, happy, happy
Put it in your heart where tomorrow shines
Gold and silver shine

Shiny happy people laughing

“Yoohoo Bobby, nice to see you” Celia said as she got to the counter. Bobby rolled her eyes

“G’day Celia” Bobby said

“Now that you are back from wherever you went….” Celia said hoping Bobby would tell her but she didn’t respond

“Oh, umm right..I was wondering if you would make my wedding cake…I was thinking of a vanilla sponge with raspberry filling” Celia said with a big smile

“I cant, Im busy” Bobby said

“Oh you can at least make a cake for me, we are family” Celia said disappointed

“Sorry, I cant” Bobby said as she picked up anther letter from the counter

“I guess I have to make it myself” Celia said annoyed

“Ill help you Aunt Celia” Lucinda said and Bobby looked at her

“Oh thank you Lucinda…I remember you and Ruth making cakes with Martha when you were little girls” Celia said with a smile

“Is Ruth coming to the wedding?” Lucinda said as Bobby exhaled

“No, she told me she cant get time off from work.  It’s a shame that she cant come to the wedding but you are here” Celia said and smiled. Bobby rolled her eyes

“Ill see you later Carly” Bobby said and as she was walking out, she bumped into Grant who was with Viv and Tammy

“The happy wonderer returns” Grant said

“Hi” Bobby said and smiled

“How are you?” Grant said

“Good” Bobby said

“Let me introduce you to my favourite girls…this is Tammy and this is Viv and they will be staying with me for a while” Grant said as Tammy smiled and hugged Grant and Viv Smiled. Bobby smiled back

“Hi” Bobby said

“New year, new hair?” Grant said

“Something like that” Bobby said

“Hey, when you are free, come by the house…ive moved next door, it is a bigger apartment” Grant said

“Sure, bye” Bobby said then she waved and walked towards her car

O’Malley Irish Pub- New York

The man sighed then he put the cards down, Frank won again. He collected the money then looked at his watch. It was getting late, he had to get home. Frank counted the $150 dollars and put it in his pockt then he put on his coat and put his bag crossbody. Just as he was about to walk out of the door, a man stood in front of him

“Hey” The man said

“Yeah” Frank said

“I see you are good with the cards” The man said

“Yeah” Frank said

“Do you want to play for higher stakes?” The man said

“Maybe” Frank said. Since New Years eve he had been here the last two nights and each time, he had won

“Here is my card…think about it and let me know” The man said as he gave the card to Frank. Frank looked at the card “James Hanson 212- 873-8984” Frank looked at James and thought about how he could win some fast money and buy a house for him and Roo

“Ok” Frank said and he put the card in his pocket and walked out of the pub

Betty’s Hair Salon- Yabbie Creek

Marilyn looked at the brochure and smiled. She wanted to do something with her life. She wanted to be the perfect wife for Ben so she decided that she was going to go hairdressing school.

“What are you doing?” Marilyn looked up to see Cathy, one of the staff looking at her

“Well, I am thinking that I don’t want to  shampoo hair all my life, I want to go to hairdressing school” Marilyn said

“Good on ya”  Cathy said and smiled

“Thanks, I was checking the hairdressing school in town and they are starting next week” Marilyn said

“What about your job here?” Cathy said

“Oh ill still be here, the course is at night” Marilyn said

“Oh right” Cathy said and Marilyn looked at the brochure again. She was going to be the perfect wife for Ben when he asks

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Bobby parked her car then she stared at the van, the one that used to be hers and Franks then she closed her eyes, exhaled and got out of the car

“Bobby” Bobby turned around to see Martin sitting on the bench outside the house

“When did you get back” Martin said

“Today” Bobby said

“If you wasn’t so short, I wouldn’t recognize you” Martin said and Bobby rolled her eyes and walked on

“wait” Martin said

“What is it Martin” Bobby said looking at him

“Can I talk to you…please” Martin said and Bobby looked at him confused then she walked over to the bench and sat down next to him

“What’s the matter” Bobby said

Emotional Background music

Martin sighed “Megan cheated on me” Martin said

“Oh…how do you know?” Bobby said

“New Years eve, the resort had a party and I saw her kissing that Grant bloke” Martin said

“Maybe it was just a happy new year kiss” Bobby said. She liked Grant, she didn’t think he was the kind of guy to take another man’s girlfriend

“No, it was more than that. I was just kidding myself anyway…I always suspected that she liked him but I liked her so much that I ignored it” Martin said as he got up and picked up a stick from the floor and started hitting the ground with it

Bobby looked at Martin, this felt all too familiar.

“Have you asked Megan about it?” Bobby said

“No need, shes only going to lie and to be honest the truth doesn’t matter anyway because I already know that she was too good for me” Martin said then he sat down

"Dont say that" Bobby said

"Why not? its the truth, what would a high class sheila with a degree want with a drongo like me" Martin said as Bobby looked at him. He had so much hurt in his eyes

“Ive chased a lot of Sheila’s in my time but I honestly thought that Megan was the one. You know they say when you see the person you are supposed to spend your life with, you automatically know its them…that’s how I felt with Megan. The first day I laid eyes on her, I knew she was the one…I was even going to proposer again on New Years eve. Saved up and got her a nice ring and everything…such a fool” Martin said

“So what are you going to do now?” Bobby said

“I cant stay around here anymore…I must’ve been the only one who didn’t see Megan taking me for a ride….I am really tired of being treated like the town clown” Martin said

“This is your home, you shouldn’t leave because of her…things will get better…look at me and everything I have been through” Bobby said

“I wish I can be as strong as you but I cant” Martin said

“Where will you go?” Bobby said

“I don’t know” Martin said

“What about Lance?” Bobby said

“What about him?” Martin said

“Well you two have been friends forever” Bobby said

“I know but I have to do this for myself” Martin said then Bobby sighed and got up

“Well wherever you end up, I hope you will be happy..she didn’t deserve you” Bobby said

“Its amazing that after everything you went through, you are still telling me to be happy” Martin said

“Sometimes things are just not meant to be, no matter how much you want them and life still goes on” Bobby said

“Yeah..I suppose” Martin said

“I have to go and see Pippa now…I guess ill see you around” Bobby said and turned around to walk away

“Alright..thanks for always being a mate” Martin said “Hey Bobby” Martin said and Bobby turned around and looked at him  “Frank made the wrong decision leaving you..he is my mate but I hope he regrets it for the rest of his life” Martin said. Bobby smiled then she turned around and walked away. Martin got up and walked towards the mobile home

Bobby turned around and looked at Martin then she opened the door

“Pippa” Bobby said as she shut the door behind her and walked into the house. Shortly after Pippa came out of the kitchen

“Hello sweetheart, how are you” Pippa said then she hugged Bobby

“Good, I missed you” Bobby said as she hugged Pippa tight

“I missed you too, I was really worried about you. You look really pretty with your hair like this” Pippa said as she stroked Bobbys hair

“Thanks, I wanted a change” Bobby said

“I was just making some tea, do you want some?” Pippa said

“No, I cant stay long. I am on my way to the resort. Carly said I need to talk to you because something happened” Bobby said as Pippa exhaled

“Yes…you better sit down” Pippa said as Bobby looked at her confused

Background music ends

Archived