Summer's Bay

:)

Chapter 181

The Beach- Summer Bay

Last Christmas, I gave you my heart
But the very next day you gave it away
This year, to save me from tears
I'll give it to someone special

Ben ran towards the water as he splashed water behind him. Carly laughed and ran after him, she grabbed onto the back of his shirt and they fell into the water, laughed then began to kiss passionately

Stewart Residence- The City

Barbra sat on the toilet, looked at the test  and closed her eyes and began to cry…it was already going to be a great Christmas but things just got even better….

Manhattan- New York

Once bitten and twice shy
I keep my distance
But you still catch my eye
Tell me, baby
Do you recognize me?
Well, it's been a year
It doesn't surprise me

Frank, Alf, Roo and Ailsa laughed as they walked through Times Square. It was cold but very busy. Lots of people doing last minute shopping. Duncan was fast asleep in his pushchair. Roo held Franks hand and he looked at her and smiled, today had been a really good day, spending time with his family..

Quickmart-Birdwood- Adelaide

(Merry Christmas!) I wrapped it up and sent it
With a note saying, "I love you, " I meant it
Now, I know what a fool I've been
But if you kissed me now
I know you'd fool me again

Bobby listened and nodded as Mr Papadopoulos told her about the business. When he finished, he put his hand out and Bobby shook his hand and smiled then he went back inside the shop. Bobby stepped back and looked at the shop she now owned…well technically the money was going into an account for her children..Bobby sighed then walked towards the car, got in and drove off

Richmond- Australia

Donald hugged his sister when she greeted them by the car. He had not seen her for a few years, last time being at a family reunion.They were closed growing up. Donald felt a tap on his shoulder, when he turned around it was his Nephew David. Donald went to shake his hand but David gave him a big hug and Donald smiled. He was happy to be here with his family

A crowded room, friends with tired eyes
I'm hiding from you, and your soul of ice
My god, I thought you were someone to rely on
Me? I guess I was a shoulder to cry on

NewCastle- Summer Bay

Pippa smiled as Deacon Thompson played with the train set. Christopher was fascinated and sat quietly watching. Pippa looked to her left to see Sally stroking the Donkey that was in the Nativity. Today, she didn’t mention Milko, Pippa smiled.

Viv laughed as Steve told her a joke then he helped her get the Donkey ready for the nativity. They talked about a few different things, He told her about his ambitions and she told him she wanted to be a vet because she absolutely adored animals. Steve looked at her as she stroked the horse, she wasn’t pretty like Rebecca but she was nice to talk to.

A face on a lover with a fire in his heart
A man under cover but you tore me apart
Now, I've found a real love you'll never fool me again

St Peters Church- Summer Bay

Michael smiled as he, Celia and Haydn walked from the church to the car. Celia was talking but he didn’t hear what she was saying. Celia had convinced them to go to the Church for the nativity. Something he never normally did but today he did because He was happy,  his plan worked. He was able to spend Christmas with his son. As Celia and his dad walked ahead, Haydn reached into his pocket and took out the $50 he took from his Dads pocket and smiled

Birdwood- Adelaide

Bobby looked at herself in the mirror, the stylist had cut her hair short, at her request. Bobby turned to the side, her hair was short but not short enough that the scar in her head showed. Bobby got up from the chair then she looked at the hair on the floor

Flashback

Frank – Why don’t you grow your hair long

Bobby -I don’t know, why?

Frank – Dunno, I think you will look cute with long hair

Bobby – Frank! So you are saying I am not cute with short hair?

Frank- No Im just saying with long hair I can grab onto you and find you in bed

Bobby -Frank! It’s a good job we are getting married soon

Frank – Hmmm I cant wait

Flashback ends

Bobby thanked the hairstylist and paid her then sighed and walked out of the salon.

A face on a lover with a fire in his heart
A man under cover but you tore him apart
Maybe next year I'll give it to someone

Background music ends

St James Church- New Castle

“You will do what I say” Steve heard as he walked near the kitchen then he heard what sounded like slap then a gasp so he rushed into the kitchen to see a woman walking out and Viv standing in the kitchen with her hand on the side of her face

“Are you alright?” Steve said looking at her

“Yeah, fine..excuse me” Viv said and she rushed out leaving Steve standing gin the kitchen looking confused

“Pippa Pippa can I go on the bouncy castle, please” Sally said as some of the Clergy blew up the bouncy castle “Sweatheart are you sure, you just ate, youre going to be sick” Pippa said as she patted Sallys head

“Ok, ill wait for a little while. Im going to see the Donkeys” Sally said and she ran off

“Hmmmm Ive been waiting all day to have one of these” Reverend Jones said as he chewed the scone

Pippa smiled “I didn’t expect this to be such a grand affair” Pippa said looking around

“Oh, the Ladies Guild do a wonderful job…you should wait and see what they do for Easter” Reverend Jones said as he buttered another scone

“Thank you for inviting us, the children are having a great time” Pippa said as Christopher sat next to her making a mess with some watermelon.

“What about you?” Reverend Jones said as he looked at Pippa

“I am having a great time” Pippa said and Reverend Jones smiled

“Good” Reverend Jones

“Its my turn tomorrow” Pippa said

Reverend Jones smiled and in that moment, Pippa felt something she had not felt for a long time, butterflies in her stomach then she started to feel guilty…

Emotional background music

Matt sighed. He had been sitting outside for the last 30 minutes. He closed the Bistro very early so the staff could go home and be with their families. He didn’t want to go in, he didn’t want to his parent’s house because they wouldn’t understand. He tried to call Frank earlier but there was no response then he heard a door slam and looked up to see Rebecca walking away from the house. She got into her car then drove off. Matt sighed then shook his head. He closed his eyes exhaled then opened them. He couldn’t go on like this anymore…he was going to tell Barbra he was leaving. Matt got out of the car and closed the door. He walked the short distance to the house, when he opened the door, Barbra had just taken a pie out of the oven

“Hello love, I didn’t know you would be back so early” Barbra said and smiled

“Yeah, I closed up early” Matt said then walked over to the fridge, took out a beer for some courage then exhaled

“Barbra, I want to talk to you about something” Matt said to Barbra’s back and Barbra’s heart sank. Matt had been acting distant the last few weeks. Barbra started getting an odd thought, “Maybe he is breaking up with me” Barbra thought then she started breathing heavy...she wanted to wait but she needed to tell him now

“Can I go first, I want to tell you something” Barbra said as she turned around to look at Matt

“Sure” Matt said

“I wanted to wait until tomorrow but why not give you an early Christmas present” Barbra said with a smile

“What do you mean?” Matt said

“Im pregnant…isn’t it wonderful…our Christmas miracle baby” Barbra said and she hugged Matt tight. Matt was in shock

“This time, nothing is going to go wrong” Barbra said and closed her eyes tight as Matt opened his eyes and sighed

Background music ends

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 182

For the purpose of this fanfiction, Steven is 16 and Sally is 5. Instead of getting older, they are getting younger lol

St James Church- Newcastle

Steve sat opposite Reverend Jones

“Hello there, are you having a good time?” Reverend Jones said as Steve put his plate on the table. He had been helping out with the animal’s and was just now sitting down to eat

“Yeah, I wasn’t expecting it to be a really big deal” Steve said as he ate some chips

“Yes, we make a big deal of Christmas and Easter and any holiday where we can eat great food” Reverend Jones said and smiled. He noticed that Steve didn’t respond

“Are you ok my child?” Reverend Jones said as he looked concerned

“Yeah” Steve said not looking at Reverend Jones.

“Something is worrying you” Reverend Jones said as Steve sighed

“I just…” Steve said then he stopped talking

“Come on, bring your food, lets walk” Reverend Jones said and Steve got up and followed. They walked to the other side of the church, there was a tiny lake there, the flowers were very bright and beautiful, it looked as if they were in a different location. Reverend Jones stopped at a bench and they both sat down

“When I have things on my mind, I like to come and sit here and just think” Reverend Jones said and smiled

“But you are a Reverend, your life Is perfect” Steve said confused then put some chips in his mouth

“That is a big misconception about Clergy, we are still human, we have the same hopes, dream, desires, disappointments as everyone else” Reverend Jones said as Steve sighed

“I nearly did something a few weeks ago” Steve said

“Ok” Reverend Jones said

“Morag, Bobbys mum, I went to her house…I was going to kill her” Steve said

“Why son?” Reverend Jones said and he turned to look at Steve

“She killed baby Tom, at least if she was dead, Frank would be able to forgive me” Steve said

“Son, taking a life is not going to bring baby Tom back” Reverend Jones said

“I know Reverend Jones but I had to do something, this guilt is not going away. I cant talk to Bobby because I feel guilty, I cant tell Frank because Bobby doesn’t want him to know about Tom…and sally, she is scared to be around me after she got kidnapped…I don’t know what to do” Steve said

“You have been having a tough time lately” Reverend Jones said as Steve nodded and wiped his eye

“I am sorry you have felt this way and I admire the way you love your family” Reverend Jones said as Steve smiled

“I didnt have any brothers and sisters of my own so Frank, Bobby, Carly, Sally and Chris are my family. I love them so much. With Tom gone, Frank asked me to be the man of the house, take care of things like he would but everything has just gone wrong.” Steve said then he began to cry. Reverend Jones felt bad for him, he liked Steve and was sad to see him suffering. Like all of Philipa’s children, he had grown to love them like his own

“Lets take this one step at a time…lets start with Sally” Reverend Jones said

“What do you mean?” Steve said confused

“I know she is young but she is a very smart girl, have you spoken to her about the way you feel?” Reverend Jones said

“She doesn’t even want to be next to me” Steve said

“Its understandable that she is scared but she needs to understand how you feel, that you are really sorry for what happened…sometimes all it takes is sorry to start the healing” Reverend Jones said

“I know but what if she doesn’t want to?” Steve said

“What if she does? You will never know until you try and when you do try and she doesn’t want to, then you tried. I noticed that she was very close to Frank when he was here” Reverend Jones said

“Yeah, Frank is like her second Dad, she loves him” Steve said and smiled

“Little girls at that age, want to feel safe, let her know you will keep her safe and you are sorry” Reverend Jones said as Steve nodded

What do I do about Bobby and Frank?” Steve said

“Oh there you are Reverend Jones, we are about to start the raffle” A lade said as she walked closer to the where Reverend Jones and Steve said

“Thanks, Mrs Newton, Ill be there soon” Reverend Jones said

“Who is that Lady?” Steve said. He recognized her as the woman who hit Viv

“That is Aviva’s Mum, she is one of the organizers of the events today, she is on the Ladies guild…come on lets go” Reverend Jones said and got up

“What about Frank and Bobby, what do I do?” Steve said

“One step at a time my son, one step at a time” Reverend Jones said  And walked away

Background music ends

Birdwood- Adelaide

Snow is fallin'
All around me
Children playin'
Having fun
It's the season
Love and understanding
Merry Christmas everyone

Bobby took her jacket off and put it on the sand then she sat on it. She opened the bag she had and took out the sandwich and coke. She opened the coke and drank some, put it down then unwrapped the sandwich and took a small bite.

Flashback

Pippa- How do you feel about all this?

Bobby – I dunno, it’s a bit sudden, I have a lot to sort out but if we have to move to the city for Franks job then we have to move.

Pippa- I know you have been having problems lately, hopefully this fresh start will help

Bobby – Yeah, I think it will. Frank and I had a plan that we were going to move to the city after we have a baby so this has just come earlier than we planned.

Pippa- Sounds like everything is going to be ok

Bobby – I know it will, I waited my whole life for Frank and I know everything is going to be alright

Flashback ends

The sound of children playing brought her back to the present. She looked to her left and saw a man and a woman playing with their little boy. The man was building a sandcastle and the woman was looking on with love. Bobby stared at them, how happy they were then she sighed and looked down then she got up picked up her things, threw the sandwich and drink away and walked towards the car.

Ye Ol’ Fish and Chips - New York

Time for parties
And celebrations
People dancin'
All night long
Time for presents
And exchanging kisses
Time for singing Christmas songs

“Not bad, not as good as the Fish and chips back home but it will do” Alf said as he put some fish in his mouth

“Yeah, Frank and I found this place when we got here, its never going to beat Fish and Chips from Summer Bay but its not bad” Roo said and she smiled

“Im not sure if I am going to be able to eat tomorrow after all this food. The portions are huge” Ailsa said as Duncan pushed chips into his mouth. Frank smiled then he looked up and his heart skipped a beat…he thought he was seeing things…he saw someone who looked familiar. She was with two other people, she didn’t see him. It looked like they were ordering food to take away. Sam put some money on the counter and continued to converse with her friends. She felt someone looking at her then she turned around and saw Frank. He was with some people, she didn’t know where she should go over and say hello or not. They had not seen each other after what happened last Monday.

We're gonna have a party tonight
I'm gonna find that girl
Underneath the mistletoe
We'll kiss by candle light

“Sam Hi” Frank said and Roo looked up then looked at Frank. Sam walked over to the table hesitant

“Hi, how are you?” Sam said

“Good, just having some dinner with my family. This is my wife, Roo” Frank said as he pointed to Roo who gave a fake smile

“These are my in laws Alf and Ailsa and my brother in law Duncan…Sam is the flat mate of someone I worked with” Frank said. Alf looked at him suspiciously

“Hello” Ailsa said with a smile then Sam bent down next to Duncan. Seeing Sam was bringing up those familiar feelings again

“Hi Young man” Sam said and Duncan smiled widely the he picked up a chip and gave it to Sam

“For me?” Sam said and she put the chip near her heart” Thank you Sam said and Duncan laughed then he leaned forward the kiss her

“A handsome gentleman” Sam said and she stroked Duncans hair. He was really engaging with her but Sam wanted to be a Pediatrician and loved Children

“Sam we have to go” Came a voice behind them

“Ill be there in a minute” Sam said

“Are you not going home for Christmas?” Frank said as Sam stood up

“Yeah, I am flying out tomorrow morning at 6am. I had to get a paper in so I missed my previous flight” Sam said as Duncan held her hand

“Have you heard from Kate ?” Frank said as Roo rolled her eyes

“Yes, she called on Friday, shes doing ok” Sam said

“Sam” A voice said from behind

“I have to go now handsome…merry Christmas” Sam said and she ruffled Duncans hair he smiled at her

“Merry Christmas” Sam said and smiled. Franks heart fluttered, her eyes were really sparkly, just like Bobby’s

“Merry Christmas” Ailsa said

“Merry Christmas” Sam said then she smiled and walked away as Frank watched her go out of the door then he locked eyes with Alf then looked down at his food.

Room is waiting
Records playing
All the old songs
Love to give
Oh, I wish that
Everyday was Christmas
What a nice way
To spend the year, uh yeah

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“I cant believe that you have to go” Carly said as Ben got up from the bed and buttoned his shirt

“Yeah, I need to get back on the road so I can get my flight” Ben said then he sat down to put his shoes on then he looked at Carly then he opened a bag and took out a small box and gave it to Carly

“Don’t open it until tomorrow” Ben said then he kissed Carly and her heart fluttered

“Thank you. I have some thing for you too” Carly said and she got up from the bed and opened a cupboard and took out a box and gave it to Ben

“Thank you” Ben said then he hugged and kissed Carly

“You make me really  happy, I am excited for our future” Carly said and smiled

“Yeah” Ben said

“When can I meet your family, I would love to meet your Mum” Carly said

“They live in Perth, you know that” Ben said

“I know but maybe I can go with you one day” Carly said

“Yeah, maybe” Ben said as he put his jacket on

“Maybe? Ben I thought we were serious, I thought you would want me to meet your parents” Carly ssaid

“I do but you have to wait until I decide” Ben said

“What is there to decide, I thought you loved me” Carly said

“Look stop getting heavy, ill tell you when I want you to meet my parents” Ben said

“Ben, I just” Carly was interrupted when Ben grabbed her arm and twisted it behind her back

“Ben you are hurting me” Carly said

“I said stop getting heavy, you will meet my parents when I am ready” Ben sid

“Ben, you are hurting me, please stop” Carly said

“You keep making me do this” Ben said

“Ok, Im sorry, I promise I wont do it again” Carly said as she kissed Bens neck as Ben smiled

St James Church- NewCastle

We're gonna have a party tonight
I'm gonna find that girl
Underneath the mistletoe
We'll kiss by candle light

Snow is fallin' (Snow is fallin')
All around me (All around me)
Children playin' (Children playin')
Having fun (Having fun)
It's the season
Love and understanding
Merry Christmas everyone

“You ungrateful little brat” Mrs Newton said as Viv crossed her arms

“Im talking to you” Mrs Newton said

“Why cant you just leave me alone? Viv said

“Ill leave you alone when you can take care of yourself and leave my house” Mrs Newton said

“I wish people knew what you were really like, you are horrible and I hate you” Viv said then she was shocked when her mother slapped her

“Speak to me like that again and I am going to kill you” Mrs Newton said then she walked away. Viv sighed and she wiped her face

“Oh, there you are, I guess we need to put the animals away” Steve said as he looked at Viv who ignored him and began to walk away

“Are you alright?” Steve said and he caught up with Viv

“Yeah, I am fine” Viv said

“Is that your mum?” Steve said

“unfortunately” Viv said

“Your mum is really nice” Viv said

“Thanks but she is not my real mum…Me and Sally are fostered” Steve said

“Really?” Viv said

“Yeah,only Christopher is Pippas bio son but I have another foster brother and two other foster sisters” Steve said

“What happened to your parents?” Viv said

“They died” Steve said

“Sorry” Viv said

“Whats it like living with a foster family?” Viv said

“I dunno, I don’t see them as a foster family, they are my real family…I love them” Steve said

“We better go and help with the animals” Viv said and she walked away

Merry Christmas everyone
Ooh Merry Christmas everyone

Having fun (Having fun)
It's the season
Love and understanding
Merry Christmas everyone

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Colleen smacked Lance hand away as he attempted to lick the bowl of the cake mix the she ushered him out of the kitchen. Lance walked over to the couch and sat down then he sighed the he looked at the shelf and got up and opened the tin and took out a piece of paper then walked back to the couch and picked up the phone

Having fun (Having fun)
It's the season
Love and understanding
Merry Christmas everyone

Chambers Residence- Yabbie Creek

Marilyn smiled, the tree looked perfect. All the presents were under the tree. Marilyn reached up and touched her pendent and smiled

“Phone ringing”

“Hello” Marilyn said excited when she answered the phone

“Hi Maz, its Lance” Lance said. Marilyn froze, she didn’t expect to hear from him

“Hi Lance, how are you?”Marilyn said as she sat down on the chair

“Good, I just wanted to say happy Christmas” Lance said

“Thanks, happy Christmas to you too” Marilyn said

“I better get going ey” lance said

“Ok, well thanks for calling” Marilyn said

“Right….bye” Lance said then the line went dead. Marilyn put the receiver down and sighed. She wanted Lance to call for a long time but he never..she was now with Ben and he was her future. Marilyn smiled and got up to join her cousin in the kitchen

Oh, snow is fallin' (Snow is fallin')
Having fun (Having fun)
It's the season
Love and understanding
Merry Christmas everyone

Merry Christmas everyone
Oohh Merry Christmas everyone

St James Church

“Ouch” Steve looked around to see Sally falling off the bouncey castle. He ran over to her and she was on the floor crying

“Sal what happened?” Steve said as he bent down

“That boy pushed me and I fell on the floor” Sal said as she cried. Steve got angry and stood up and walked over to the boy Sally pointed at

“Hey, you just pushed my sister onto the floor” Steve said

“I I I I mm sorry, it was an accident” The boy said as he looked at Steve

“Get over there and say sorry” Steve said and the boy rushed over to where Sally was standing

“I I I I I  am sorry” The boy said then he ran off before Steve got there. Steve bent down

“Sal, I know you don’t trust me because of what happened but I love you and I am sorry and I promise, I will never let anyone hurt you” Steve said as Sally wiped her face

“Can I help you get cleaned up before we go home?” Steve said as Sally nodded. Steve exhaled then he picked Sally up and she hugged him tight

“I love you Steve” Sally said then she snuggled into his chest. She smiled and exhaled

“I love you too” Steve said and he hugged her tight as they walked to the kitchen

From across the grounds, Reverend Jones watched Steve and Sally and smiled as he packed up the plates on the table

"Phillippa, are you ok? you have been very quiet" Reverend Jones said

"Oh, I am fine, probably tired...We are going to get going soon" Pippa said

"Well there is enough room for you all to stay here, we made up some spare beds, I thought you were going to stay" Reverend Jones said confused

"I think its best if we get back tonight. I have a full morning of cooking tomorrow" Pippa said

"Oh, right..well ill just take this empty plates to the kitchen" Reverend Jones said and smiled as his heart sank. He didnt know hat he did, or why Pippa was upset with him. Pippa sighed as she watched Reverend Jones walk away. She felt guilty...she wanted them to just be friends but today, she felt butterflies in her stomach...it was too soon, this felt wrong. Pippa sighed then she looked down at where  Christopner was playing but when she turned around he had run off behind Reverend Jones who picked him up. 

Merry Christmas everyone
Oohh Merry Christmas everyone

Background music ends

Chapter 183

St James Church- New Castle

“Reverend Jones can I come again and see the animals?” Sally said as she held his hand as they walked towards the car

“Of course you can, anytime. I think the donkeys really like you” Reverend Jones said and squeezed her hand as she smiled

“I think we are all packed…have you seen Steve? Pippa said looking around

“Oh Pippa can I go and say goodbye to the donkeys again?” Sally said as Pippa sighed

“Alright” Pippa said and Sally let go of Reverend Jones hand and ran off to the donkeys

“Is everything alright?” Reverend Jones said

“Yes, everything is fine…im just going to change Christopher before we get going” Pippa said and smiled then she walked towards the toilets. She couldn’t be around him, she was feeling an emotional roller-coaster. Maybe she should tell him not to come tomorrow. Pippa was confused and sighed

“I think we have to go soon” Steve said to Viv

“Ok, well it was nice to meet you” Viv said in a sad voice

“Happy Christmas” Steve said

“Yeah, Happy Christmas” Steve said then he walked away then he looked back at Viv just in time to see her Mum shouting at her again. Steve sighed

Stewart Residence- Summer Bay

Are you hanging up a stocking on your wall?
It's the time that every Santa has a ball
Does he ride a red-nosed reindeer?
Does it ton-up on his sleigh?
Do the fairies keep him sober for a day?

Celia slowly closed the door and smiled. Haydn was fast asleep. She had a wonderful time today, he was shy, didn’t talk much but she was hoping that he would open up to her soon. Hopefully when her and Michael get married, Haydn can live with them full time and she will finally get the chance to be a mum. Celia smiled and went to living room to turn on the Christmas lights. Tomorrow was going to be very special. Hayden opened his eyes when he heard the door close. He reached out and rummaged through his bag on the floor and took out a torch. He rummaged through his bag again and took out a bundle of money. He turned the torch on and began counting the money and smiled

[Chorus:]
So here it is, Merry Christmas
Everybody's having fun
Look to the future now
It's only just begun

Bellingham Residence- Perth

Morag poured herself a glass of wine and walked into her bedroom. She looked at the letters on the side and picked then up and sat on her bed. Morag drank some wine and put the glass on the table as she began to open the letters. None were important until she got to a white envelope. Morag drank more of her wine then put the glass down then opened the envelope, pulled out the card and began to read it

Gordon and Sarah Stewart request the pleasure of Morag Bellinham to witness the marriage of their daughter Celia Stewart to Michael Ross

Morag stopped reading and sighed. Her little sister was getting married to a man she was sleeping with. If she didn’t go, her parents would be annoyed but after what happened with Bobby…...Morag opened the draw of the side table and took out the little white hat and put it on her chest and closed her eyes

Are you waiting for the family to arrive?
Are you sure you've got the room to spare inside?
Does your granny always tell you
That the old songs are the best?
Then she's up and rock 'n' rolling with the rest

Marriot hotel- New York

Alf looked at Ailsa, she was fast asleep. He got out of the bed and went over to the chair where his suitcase was, he slowly unzipped the side and took out an envelope, he opened it then looked inside and smiled. This was going to be a really good Christmas. Alf put the envelope back in the suitcase and walked back to the bed, got in and hugged Ailsa

Everybody's having fun
Look to the future now
It's only just begun

Morgan Residence- New York

Frank exhaled and kissed Roo’s ear then he rolled onto his back then got up and went to the bathroom. Roo sat up slightly and watched him as he walked away. After being with Donovan, it felt different with Frank…it was boring, Roo sighed and lay back on the bed

What will your daddy do
When he sees your momma kissing Santa Clause?
Aaah ah aaah aahh

Are you hoping that the snow will start to fall?
Do you ride on down the hillside
In a buggy you have made?
When you land upon your head
Then you've been "Slade" (slayed)

Clergy House- Newcastle

Reverend Jones smiled. He had a really good day. The nativity was always a great time. Then he sighed, Phillipa was being distant, he didn’t know what he had done. Maybe he shouldn’t go there tomorrow, maybe he should stay away…he couldn’t stay away from her…he had missed her for too long..he couldn’t let her go..

It's the time that every Santa has a ball
Does he ride a red-nosed reindeer?
Does it ton-up on his sleigh?
Do the fairies keep him sober for a day?

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Pippa sat at the desk, the house was quiet. Pippa looked at the photos on the desk, she picked them up and smiled as she remembered the great memories that went along with them. Pippa picked the last one up. It was a photo of her and Tom on their wedding day. She remembered that day clearly, they promised to be together forever or until death did them part and death did part them. Pippa sighed. Losing tom was one of the worst things to ever happen to her…just like losing Alex but now he was back and Tom was gone and she felt guilty for the butterflies she felt earlier. Pippa sighed, she didn’t know what to do. But what she did know is that she didn’t want to lose Alex again, she needed him now, in her life, as a friend. Pippa put the photo down and began to walk to the door

“Its ok” Pippa turned around, she thought she heard someone say its ok. Pippa smiled, she must be really tired after the driving she did today. Pippa turned off the light and walked up the stairs

So here it is. Merry Christmas
Everybody's having fun
Look to the future now
It's only just begun
Everybody's having fun
Look to the future now
It's only just begun

Birdwood- Adelaide

Flashback

Roo – Hi

Bobby – Hi

Roo – How are you?

Bobby Fine

Roo- Look Bobby, I just wanted to come here and make sure everything is still good between us..its Duncans christening tomorrow, I don’t want any trouble to ruin the day

Bobby – And you think I am going to make trouble?

Roo- I don’t know what to expect

Bobby – I have work to do

Roo- Bobby he didn’t mean to hurt you, neither did I

Bobby- But you missed out the part of kissing him

Roo- Im sorry, its something that just happened one time

Bobby – Just forget it

Roo- Frank  didn’t want to come because he thought it would upset you

Bobby – Thats big of him

Roo- Bobby, regardless of what happened, he still cares about you

Bobby – But he loves you…that trumps everything doesn’t it

Flashback ends

Bobby looked at the ceiling of the hotel room. It was a little cold in the room, she turned over onto her side and pulled the blanket around her as she stared at the empty chair

Are you waiting for the family to arrive?
Are you sure you've got the room to spare inside?
Does your granny always tell you
That the old songs are the best?
Then she's up and rock 'n' rolling with the rest

Matt sighed. He couldn’t believe he was going to go through this again. He thought he was being careful. He wanted to leave but he wanted to be here for his child. He felt trapped. He looked at Barbra who was fast asleep next to him then he sighed and thought about Carly and how happy he was with her. He wished that he didn’t leave, he wanted to be with her and now he was trapped again

Everybody's having fun
Look to the future now
It's only just begun

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Carly looked at the clock, it was 12am. She sat up and quietly opened the present that Ben gave her. Carly first opened the  card “To the most beautiful girl in the world, Merry Christmas, Love Ben. Carly smiled and put the card on her chest. She really loved Ben . She put the card down and opened a smaller box. It was a silver necklace with a heart pendent. Carly looked at it and smiled, it was beautiful. She put it on then got up, turned on the light and looked at herself. It looked perfect just like her relationship with Ben…perfect. Carly  turned off the light and got back into bed and smiled.

Everybody's having fun
(It's Christmas!)

Viv opened her eyes, she must have fallen asleep. Before she removed the cover from her head, she listened to hear if there was any noise. It was quiet. Viv slowly took the cover off her head and climbed into the backseat. She tried the door, it was open. She got out of the car and rubbed her shoulders, it was cold. She closed the door and looked around. She didn’t know where she was but wherever she was, it was far away from home. Viv noticed some caravans, she slowly walked towards them, one was open, she got inside and locked the door. She didn’t know what she was going to do but all she knew right now is that she is safe…

Look to the future now
It's only just begun

Background music ends

Chapter 184

I usually try to keep to the time difference between New York and Australia but its Christmas day, I want everything to be in sync

Morgan residence- New York

Frank slowly got out of bed, he looked at Roo, she was asleep. He walked over to the chair where his bag was and pulled the calling card outside of his wallet

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Pippa closed the oven, the Turkey was cooking. Pippa looked around, she just had to make the vegetables and the Christmas cake

“Phone ringing”

Pippa walked over to the phone and picked up the receiver

Pippa its me, Happy Christmas” Frank said

“Happy Christmas sweetheart” Pippa said

“What are you doing?” Frank said

“I put the turkey in, Im just about to make the veg and dessert” Pippa said

“I wish I was there” Frank said and smiled

“Me too..maybe when you move to your new house we can have Christmas together” Pippa said

“Yeah, we are not moving yet” Frank said

“Oh, what happened?” Pippa said

“ Roo wasn’t happy about leaving her job and I asked her to come all the way here, I don’t want to upset her. We will just stay here and get a house up here so you can visit” Frank said disappointed

“Oh right, I gave Ailsa your presents “ Pippa said

“Thanks, she will be hear shortly to start cooking the dinner…is anyone awake, I want to say hello” Frank said excited

“No not yet, Carly was supposed to be helping me make Bobbys cake this morning but she isn’t awake yet” Pippa said

“Oh, is Bobby coming over?” Frank said as Roo opened her eyes

“No, shes still away” Pippa said hoping Frank wouldn’t ask any more questions

“Oh, right…Where is Sal? I haven’t spoke to her for ages” Frank said excited

“Shes not awake yet” Pippa said

“What about Chris?” Frank said

“Christopher is here…Christopher come and say hello to Frank” Pippa said and she motioned for Christopher to come to her

“He probably doesn’t remember me anymore” Frank said as he heard Christopher

“Hello Chris” Frank said

“Herro” Christopher said

“Chris how are you mate” Frank said as his heart melted, he really missed Christopher. Frank heard Pippa in the background saying she was showing Christopher his photo

“Sorry, I don’t think he remembers you” Pippa said as she came back on the phone

“Its ok, he is still really young” Frank said disappointed

“I guess you are going t be busy now, say hello to everyone and maybe later you can call me” Frank said

“Yes, we will do that. Love to Roo, Alf, Ailsa and Duncan” Pippa said

“Ok, talk to you later” Frank said then he put the phone down and sighed. Bobby was still away with Brett then he got up and walked back toward the bed as Roo opened her eeys again

“Happy or I should say Merry Chrismas” Frank said and got into bed

“Merry Christmas Roo said and smiled

“Should we exchange presents now or later?”: Frank said

“Later” Roo said and smiled

“Alright..im just going to have as shower before all the festivities begin…maybe this time next year, we will have our own little family” Frank said, winked  and got up and walked towards the bathroom as Roo sighed, opened her drawer, took out her pill packet and took one

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Background music

When the snowman brings the snow
Well he just might like to know
He's put a great big smile on somebody's face
If you jump into your bed
Quickly cover up your head
Don't you lock the doors
You know that sweet Santa Clause is on the way

Sally opened her eyes and gasped then she jumped out of bed and ran downstairs. Pippa smiled as she heard Sally running down the stairs. Sally immediate sat in front of the tree then Pippa told her she had to wait for everyone else to wake up. Sally jumped up and ran upstairs and she knocked on the door shortly after Steve and Carly came to the door rubbing their eyes. Sally grabbed their hands and dragged them  downstairs as they protested

Oh well I wish it could be Christmas everyday
When the kids start singing and the band begins to play
Oh I wish it could be Christmas everyday
Let the bells ring out for Christmas

When they all got downstairs, Pippa smiled as Sally sat in front of the tree and started giving the presents out

When we're skating in the park
If the snow cloud makes it dark
Then your rosy cheeks are gonna light my merry way
Now the frosty paws appear
And they've frozen up my ear
So we'll lie by the fire
Till the sleet simply knocks 'em all the way

Viv opened her eyes, she heard some noises and covered herself with the blanket on the bed. When it was quiet, she pulled the blanket over her head and slowly walked over to the window, It was still cold. Viv didn’t know what she was going to do…by now sister would be opening presents. Viv sighed and put her head down then she inhaled and exhaled…she was safe now and that is what mattered. Viv went back and laid on the bed and covered herself, she had to find a way to go back and get her sister…

Well I wish it could be Christmas everyday
Oh I wish it could be Christmas every day
So let the bells ring out for Christmas

Birdwood- Adelaide

Flashback

Frank shhh

Bobby Frank what are you doing

Frank come with me shhh

Bobby Where are we going?

Frank I wanted to be the first to wish you happy birthday and merry Christmas

Bobby Oh Frank, I don’t know what to say…its beautiful

Frank  Just like you, let me put it on you

Bobby I love it Frank…this has ben the best christmas/birthday I have had in my life

Frank Get used to it, life is going to be perfect from now on

Bobby Do you want your present now?

Frank, No, ill be back later…im going back to bed

Bobby You don’t have to go…We can go into a van if you want

Frank I want to but we said we were going to wait..it wont be long

Bobby I love you Frank, I cant wait to marry you

Frank Me too

Flashback ends

Bobby looked at her wrist…there was nothing there. She sat up on the bed and stroked her wrist got up off the bed  and went to take a shower

When the snow man brings the snow (when the snowman brings the snow)
Well he just might like to know (he just might like to know)
He's put a great big smile on somebody's face

So if Santa brings that sleigh (Santa brings that sleigh)
All along the milky way (along the milky way)
I'll sign my name on the rooftop in the snow
Then he may decide to stay

Celia pulled the turkey out of the oven and onto the cooker, it looked perfect, she smiled. Michael walked into the kitchen and kissed her cheek. Celia felt butterflies in her stomach, this is always how she dreamed it would be and now she has it and life is perfect

Well I wish it could be Christmas everyday
So let the bells ring out for Christmas

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Steve rolled his eyes as Carly went on about the necklace that Ben gave her. Pippa looked around at all wrapping paper on the floor, bent down and began to pick them up then she saw the last presents under the tree for Bobby and Alex. Pippa’s heart skipped. Alex would be here soon, she didn’t know how it was going to be today but she exhaled and hoped she can keep her emotions together

Under your arms, check it!
Oh well I wish it could be Christmas everyday
Let the bells ring out for Christmas

Newton Resdence- Newcastle

“Viv is not in her room” Mrs Newton turned around to see her other daughter standing by the door

“What do you mean Viv is not in her room? Stupid girl, where else would she be” Mrs Newton said and pushed the girl out of the way and pushed open the bedroom door. When she looked around, the room was empty. He daughter had a tendency to run away but always came back because she was too stupid to do anything else. Mrs Newton turned around and looked at her daughter

“Where is she?” Mrs Newton said

“I don’t know” Tammy said

“Yes you do” Mrs Newton said as she slowly walked closer to Tammy

“I don’t” Tammy said then he mother slapped her face

“Where is she?” Mrs Newton said

“I don’t know” Tammy said and began to cry then Mrs Newton hit her a few more times as Tammy cried in pain

“Knock on the door”

Mrs Newton grabbed her daughter “Shut up, get in your room and don’t come out” She said then pushed her daughter in her room and locked the door at the top. Mrs Newton exhaled, smiled and walked to the front door

“Hello Sandy, Happy Christmas. give me a moment ill just get the cakes I baked this morning for the homeless shelter” Mrs Newton say

“Happy Christmas Angela, you are such an angel, always thinking of others. Your family are lucky to have you” Sandy said as she watched Mrs Newton go back in the house. As Mrs Newton walked to the kitchen, her smiled disappeared and was replaced with anger as she looked at the knife on the table and exhaled

Why don't you give your love for Christmas

Background music ends

Chapter 185

Birdwood- Adelaide

The child is a king
The caroller sing
The old is past
There's a new beginning.
Dreams of Santa
Dreams of snow
Fingers numb
Faces aglow

Bobby sat at the back of the church as she listened to the children singing carols. The church was full, a lot of people were with their families ….her family was gone…Frank…Tom…, she was alone. Bobby exhaled then sat back and watched the children sing

Christmas time
Mistletoe and wine
Children singing Christian rhyme.
With logs on the fire and gifts on the tree
A time to rejoice in the good that we see.

Since we are in America, Merry Christmas” Alf said as Ailsa, Frank, Alf and Roo clinked glasses

“While we wait for the grub, I think we should open the presents” Alf said

“Oh yes, I nearly forgot” Ailsa said and she walked over and reached into her bag and took out two presents” These are from Pippa” Ailsa said and she gave the presents to Frank. He gave the one to Roo, to her. Frank was excited, he hurriedly opened the present, ripping open the wrapping paper and smiled. It was socks with the name of all his family members stitched into them. Roo looked at Frank as he looked at the names on the sock…Pippa..Tom…Christopher…Carly..Steve….Sally…Bobby.  Frank smiled then he opened the card  “Wherever you go, we will always be with you. We love you. Frank smiled . This was such a thoughtful gift from Pippa.

“I think you should open my present next” Roo said and put her present down and picked up her present and gave it to Frank. Frank slowly opened the wrapping then his eyes got really big

“Tickets to see Bruce Springsteen tonight?” Frank said shocked

“Yes” Roo said as Frank hugged her tight

“I cant believe it…thanks” Frank said and he looked at the tickets again then hugged Roo as she smiled

“Let me open your present next” Roo said and she slowly ripped open the box and gasped.

“I hope you like it, it’s the chain that matches your bracelet” Frank said with a smile. Roo put her hand over her mouth then she hugged him really tight

“Thanks Frank, I love it” Roo looked at the box then took the chain out of the box and he put it on then she kissed him and hugged him again

“I think you should open this one next” Alf said as he gave Roo a flat box

“Before you open it, I just want to say that I am really proud of you love, proud of the woman you have turned into. I am happy to see you happy with the man you love  and enjoying life and I hope this makes you even more happier, Merry Christmas to both of you” Alf said then Roo hugged him then she opened the the box

“Dad…..I cant believe it” Roo said

“What is it?” Frank said

“Dad is this really real?” Roo sid

“Yes love, you deserve it” Alf said with a smile as Ailsa looked at Frank

“The house…the one in Marble Hill, Dad just put a deposit on it…we got a new house…oh Dad, thank you” Roo said and gave the papers to Frank then she hugged Alf again. Frank read the details, it was the house that Roo wanted to live it. Alf had put a large deposit on it. He wanted to be the one to buy the house for them. Frank looked at Roo and Alf hugging and exhaled

A time for living
A time for believing
A time for trusting
No deceiving.
Love and laughter and joy ever after
Hours for the taking
Just follow the master.

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Reverend Jones parked his car and exhaled. He didn’t know if he would be welcome here after Phillipa was distant to him. He wanted so much to be with her and her family. He exhaled the got out of the car. He opened the back door and took out his bag of presents, said a silent prayer in his head and walked to the door. He smiled and knocked at the door. Sally ran to the door, opened it and gave him a hug. Reverend Jones smiled as Sally told him the presents that everyone got. Pippa came out of the kitchen, when she saw Alex, she felt that same feeling  in her stomach…and the feeling of guilt. Pippa smiled

“Oh, I need to put the towels in your van” Steve said and he got up, went to the laundry room and took two towels and walked over to the Van he prepared for Reverend Jones. Steve opened the van, it wouldn’t open. Steve though it was odd, usually the empty vans were unlocked. Steve looked through the window, the curtain was drawn. He honestly thought this was the van. Steve tried the door again the turned around to walk away. As he walked away, he heard the door unlock. When he turned around, he was surprised as Viv, the girl he met in NewCastle stood at the door.

Christmas time
Mistletoe and wine

Narelle hugged Lance, her family decided to have dinner in Summer Bay after receiving the invitation from her Aunt Colleen. She was going to go and see Bobby later, by now she would be getting ready to have the baby. Narelle smiled

Silent night
Holy night -
It's a time for giving
A time for getting
A time for forgiving and for forgetting.
Christmas is love
Christmas is peace
A time for hating and fighting to cease.

Celia looked at the table, it looked like perfection. She smiled to herself. She was having the best time of her life, she was going to be a wife and mother, all her dreams were finally coming true.

Christmas time
Mistletoe and wine

Birdwood- Adelaide

Bobby walked on the beach until she found a quiet spot. She sat down and put her things down. The weather was warm. She took off her jacket and unwrapped her fish and chips. She wasn’t sure if she was even going to eat all of it but she felt that she was weak and needed to eat. Bobby put her coke on the ground and opened it. She took a chip and bit into it and chewed then she opened her bag and took out the bottle of Lilly Rose and sprayed it on her wrist. She inhaled then she took out some paper and a pen from her bag. Bobby put another chip in her mouth the sighed and looked at the paper and began to right

“Dear Nana”….

Silent night
Holy night -
It's a time for giving
A time for getting
A time for forgiving and for forgetting.
Christmas is love
Christmas is peace
A time for hating and fighting to cease.

“Whats the matter with you” Roo said as she stood in the kitchen with Frank

“Nothing” Frank said

“Well at least act like you appreciate what Dad did for us” Roo said

“I don’t think we should take the house” Frank said

“What? Don’t be stupid, we cant live here forever” Roo sid

“I know but you are my wife, I wanted to buy us a house, I am saving for it” Frank said

“We can use that money to decorate or something” Roo said

“Roo, I turned down the job in Texas to make you happy, we can buy our own house” Frank said

“When? In 20 years?” Roo said

“At least I know its something I brought myself” Frank said

“Its always about you isn’t it. You always thinking about yourself” Roo said as Ailsa over heard and looked at Frank

“We run out of bread, im just going to get some from the store” Frank said, he needed some space and grabbed his jacket and left the apaprtment

“Alf I told you this wasn’t a good idea” Ailsa whispered as Alf watched Frank slam the door

Background music ends….

Chapter 186

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“Please don’t tell anyone that I am here…please” Viv said as Steve closed the van door and sat down

“Did you run away from home?” Steve said

“Yes, I had to” Viv said

“You cant stay in this van, its for Reverend Jones” Steve said

“Oh no, you cant tell him I am here, he will tell my Mum and I will have to go back…I cant go back, you saw what she did to me” Viv said frightened

“Ok, I wont tell him . I have to go back into the house. Let me check if there is another van that is empty then you can stay in that one” Steve said as he went out of the van. Viv looked around, she was hoping she could trust Steve. Shortly after, Steve returned. “The van next door is free and the door is open, I will bring you out some food when I can” Steve said

“Thank you for helping me” Viv said and she wiped her face

“Ok” Steve said and smiled then he went out of the van. When he had gone back into the house, Viv looked around and made the bed to be neat again. Then she  slowly left the van and rushed to the one next door and locked the door then exhaled, sat on the bed and waited for Steven.

“Im sorry love, I didn’t mean to cause any problems, I just want to do something to make you happy” Alf said as Roo poured some drinks in the kitchen

“Its not your fault Dad” Roo said

“It is, Ailsa told me that this was probably not a good idea, Frank has a lot of pride and I understand that” Alf said as Roo sighed

“I didn’t want to cause any problems, I know how much you love Frank and wanted to be with him” Alf said as Roo sighed with guilt

Flashback

Alf – How was work love

Roo – Good

Alf – Are you sure? Is everything alright with Frank?

Roo- Yeah

Alf  -Ruthy, im your dad, you can talk to me

Roo- I knew it would be hard working with him but I didn’t think it would be this hard

Alf-Why don’t you find another job, come and work with me

Roo – Thanks but I have to do this, I can’t get over him if I hide from him but it really hurts to see Bobby making him so happy

Alf- One day you will find someone who will make you happy

Roo- Frank made me happy and I messed it up. I still love him Dad and I know its wrong to say but, in my heart,, I know we will be together again

Alf- Don’t do this to yourself love, you will find someone,

Roo- I don’t want someone…I want Frank

Flashback ends

“Yeah, youre right. I appreciate the gift Dad but Frank has his heart on buying us a house” Roo said

“You know something, I did the same for your Mum” Alf said as he hugged Roo

“Youre not upset are you?” Roo said

“No, Im just one proud Dad…maybe you should go and look for Frank” Alf said

“Yeah, maybe I will” Roo said and she hugged her Dad tight then her smile disappeared

Background music- Carly’s theme

Matt looked around the table, his mother and father were eating their Christmas dinner while talking to Barbra. He made eye contact with Rebecca who was annoyed that she wasn’t allowed to go to Summer Bay. Matt looked down at his plate, he looked at the brussel sprout on the end of his fork and played around with it then put his fork down and picked up the bottle of beer and drank some

“I think we should tell everyone our surprise” Barbra said as she leaned over to Matt

“Yeah, whatever” Matt said then he put the brussell sprout in his mouth and chewed. He swallowed and sighed. He had planned everything out, today was supposed to be his day with his parents, by now he should have already told Barbra that he wanted to go..they were supposed to be in Waldorf Creek with his grandparents the he was going to Summer Bay to see Carly but that plan had gone

“The stuffing is really nice Barbra” Matts mum said as Barbra smiled

“Thank you…if you don’t mind, Matt and I have an announcement to make” Barbra said then all eyes were on her

“As you know, Matt and I recently lost our baby and I really wanted us all to be here to spend Christmas as a family so thank you for coming. This is a really specially time for us because we are not only remembering the baby we lost but….we are also celebrating our second chance, our miracle baby who will be here in 8 ½ months” Barbra said with a smile on her face. Matts mum gasped and Rebecca looked at her mom shocked

“Congratulations” Matts dad said and raised his glass and smiled. Matts mum got up and went over and kissed Barbra on the cheek and she hugged her son. Matt forced a smile and sighed. His life was back in a mess again

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“Phone ringing”

“Ill get it” Carly said and walked towards the ohone while everyone else ate

“Happy Christmas, Summer Bay Caravan park” Carly said when she picked up the phone

“Hello beautiful, Happy Christmas” Ben said

“Happy Christmas, I love my present, thank you” Carly said as she touched the pendent around her neck

“I love my shirt, thank you” Ben said

“Im glad you liked it” Carly said

“I was just about to have dinner with my family and was thinking about you. I told my mum about you, she said she would love to meet you soon” Ben said

“Really? I cant wait to meet her”Carly said excited

“Yesh, its going to have to wait but, my parents are going to see my grandparents in Italy, so when they get back” Ben said

“Oh sure, that’s fine…whenever..I really miss you” Carly said with a big smile

“I miss you too- I have to go now, “ Ben said

“Ok, well have a good time with your family and call me..I love you” Carly said

“I will, I love you too” Ben said then Carly put the phone down and walked back to the table excited

“Oh I love you Ben” Sally said pretending to be Carly then Carly poked her tongue out and everyone laughed and Pippa and Reverend Jones eyes locked and Pippa smiled and looked away

Chambers Residence- Yabbie Creek

Phone ringing

“Ill get it” Marilyn said as she walked and danced to the phone

Hello” Marilyn said

“Hello beautiful, Happy Christmas” Ben said

“Oh Ben, Happy Christmas, I love my present, thank you” Marilyn said excited

“I was just about to have dinner with my family and was thinking about you. I wanted to say sorry about what happened” Ben said

“You don’t have to be sorry, it was my fault, I was pushing you” Marilyn said

“No, I behaved terribly. I was really upset when I got here and I told my mum about you, she said she would love to meet you soon” Ben said

“Really? Oh my goodness, I cant wait to meet her”Marilyn  said excited

“She said she hopes I am treating you like a princess” Ben said

“You are, its just sometimes I make you get mad and I am sorry..so when can I meet your Mum” Marilyn said

“Not for a little while, my parents are going to see my grandparents in Italy, so when they get back” Ben said

“Ok, whenever they get back, I have a really tasty recipe for lamb, maybe I can make dinner Marilyn said

“Yeah that will be great” Ben said

“I really miss you” Marilyn said as she touched the heart pendent

“I miss you too- I have to go now, “ Ben said

“Ok, well call me when you get home….I love you” Marilyn said

“I will, I love you too” Ben said then Marilyn put the phone down and smiled

Lucini Residence- Perth

"Benito, when are you going to find a nice young lady and settle down huh?" Gina Lucini said when Ben came back to the dining room

"I have found one" Ben said and smiled

"Good, when are you bringing her t meet us?" Gina said

"Soon..." Ben said

"Soon? soon? you need to be getting married soon" Gina said

"Maybe...I think she might be the one" Ben said 

"Well hurry up, we need some grandchildren from you soon" Gina said as Ben smiled

"What is she like? I bet she is really pretty" Bens sister said

"Yeah, she is" Ben said

"What did you get her for christmas?" Bens sister said

"A necklace with a heart pendent" Ben said

"My brother is in love. I cant wait to meet the woman who has stolen your heart" Bens sister said as he smiled

Background music ends

Central Park North- Manhattan

Background music- Frank and Bobbys theme

Flashback

Frank – What are you looking at

Bobby – just at these houses…Ever since I was a little girl, I always wanted to live on the beach. I would tell my grandparents that when I get older, I am going to get married, have children and live in a house by the beach..you probably thinks its funny…it was just a stupid dream

Frank – Maybe not

Bobby – What do you mean?

Frank – Dreams do come true

Bobby – Yeah I know but

Frank – You and I are going to live in one of these houses one day…I will buy you one

Bobby – Frank, we don’t have the money

Frank-  Well we are already saving right?

Bobby Yeah so we can have the baby and move to the city

Frank- Yeah but we are not going to stay in the city forever

Bobby Frank

Frank – Look, I love you, I want all your dreams to come true even if it means working lots of overtime, we will live here, I will buy this house for you

Bobby I know you will, I believe you. How did I get so lucky?

Frank No, I am the lucky one

Bobby Thank you for loving me enough to make all my dreams come true

Frank – Thank you for always believing in me

Flashback ends

“Frank” Frank looked to his left to see Roo standing there then she sat down on the  bench next to him

“Im sorry for the ay I spoke to you earlier…” Roo said

“Did you know your Dad was going to put the deposit on the house? Frank said as he looked at the bag with the bread inside

“No, I didn’t. We went past the house when I took him and Ailsa sightseeing, that’s all” Roo said. Frank didn’t respond

“I told Dad that I cant accept the deposit on the house” Roo said then Frank looked at her her

“I bet he went on about how I am not providing for his daughter” Frank sid and rolled his eyes

“No, he actually said he understands, he did the same thing with my Mum” Roo said then Frank smiled, leaned over and kissed her on the lips

“Thank you…I promise, you will have your dream house and we will fill it with our little family” Frank said then he put his head on Roos shoulder

“I think we need to get back…we have to get ready for the concert soon” Roo said and she stood up

“How did I get so lucky?” Frank said

“Hmm I need to think about it” Roo said and smiled then she kissed Frank and he hugged her as her smiled disappeared.

Background music ends

Chapter 187

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Viv jumped when she heard a knock on the door. She quietly walked over to the window and slowly opened the curtain. When she saw Steve looking around, she quickly unlocked the door and Steve entered and closed the door behind him

“Sorry I was long, here is some food” Steve said as he gave Viv a plastic container and a can of coke

“Thank you” Viv said and she went to sit on the bed.

“Did you say anything to your Mum or Reverend Jones?” Viv said

“No, I didn’t. I told you I wasn’t going to” Steve said

“Thanks” Viv said and sighed

“Why did you run away, how did you get here?” Steve said

“I hid in the back of the car” Viv said and sighed “I had toleave my house, my mum is terrible. My dad left us because he couldn’t cope with her being abusive and since he left, shes just getting worser. I had to leave but I left my sister there, she is only 8. I have to find a way to get her out” Viv said and began to cry

“I really think you should let my Mum help you” Steve said

“No, she will only get me sent back” Viv said and she began to cry

“No, she wont, shes not like that” Steve said

“No, I cant risk that, ill just go somewhere else” Viv said

“But you don’t know anyone else here” Steve said

“I know but I cant tell your Mum, I cant go back to my house, I cant” Viv said and Steve sighed

“I want to help you but I don’t want to lie to my Mum. Look, Ill tell her and if she doesn’t want to help you, I will give you money so you can get on a bus to the city. I have a friend there, if I ask her, she will give you a place to stay” Steve said as Viv sighed

“Can we just wait for a few days, so I can think about it…I really need to find a way to get my sister…can I use your phone, I need to know that she is aright?” Viv said

“Ok but im not sure how you can use it right now” Steve said then he put his hands in his pocket and took out some money

“There is a phone box just down the road” Steve said and gave Viv the money

“Thank you” Viv said

“Ill be back later to check on you” Steve said

“Ok, thanks” Viv said and she smiled as Steve left the van. Steve sighed as he walked back to the house

“Hey Steve” Steve turned around to see Narelle smiling at him

“Hi, what are you doing here?: Steve said as he hugged Narelle

“I came to spend Christmas with my folks but we had dinner at Lances place” Narelle said with a smile

“I went over to Bobbys places but no one is there, I guess she must be over here…She should be getting ready to have the baby soon” Narelle said and she showed Steve the present she got the baby

“Narelle…I guess you don’t know what happened” Steve said

“What happened?” Narelle said and she looked at Steve confused.

Background music ends

Birdwood- Adelaide

Bobby put the pen down on the sand then drank the last of her coke. She looked at her fish and chips. She hadn’t eaten much. She looked around the beach, there were more people here now. Children playing with the new toys they got for Christmas. Bobby put the can down then a ball dropped in front of her. She didn’t see where it came from then a little girl came running over.

“Hello Sweetheart is this your ball?” Bobby said as the girl stood in front of her. She was about Sallys age and had long blonde hair. The little girl nodded and Bobby gave the back back to her

“Thank you” The little girl said and smiled then she ran back over to her family. Bobby smiled as she watched the little girl go back to her family. Bobby looked down at the letter she just wrote to her Grandma

Dear Nana,

I really don’t know where to start. Today is my birthday and I am on the beach on Birdwood, alone. I was hoping that the next time I spoke to you, I would be very happy but I am not.  I wanted to tell you how much you hurt me when you left and how my life now healed me from that pain but that isn’t true. I had terrible times and many lonely nights I had nobody. Nobody cared or wanted to care. Many times, I would ask myself what did I do that was so wrong that you would leave me. You explained that you left me because I reminded you of Mum. I guess, now I understand because I know what it’s like to lose someone you love, you don’t want to be reminded of how they made you feel. I want to shout at you, get angry so you can feel how I felt when you left but I have nothing left. My husband left me,but you probably know that by now. I was alone, there were people around, everyone feeling that what they are saying would be of comfort to me but I wanted you to hug me and tell me it was going to be ok, just like you did when I would fall and scrape my knee. I still need you to hug me and tell me its gong to be ok. Ive lost everything that I love and it hurts, it really hurts Nana . I haven’t cried. I didn’t cry when you left, I didn’t cry when my husband left me and I haven’t cried about my son dying.Maybe this is my life…good things happen for a short while then they leave me. Maybe I am not supposed to be happy, writing this I believe it is true. I remember someone saying to me that accepting your circumstance is the first step to moving on.  I guess its not all bad, I have a good job and some money from working hard but that will never give me what I truly want. Anyway, I guess what I really want doesn’t matter anymore. Thank you for what you left me. I walked around the flat here and smelled Lilly Rose and smiled because you told me I was beautiful just like Lilly rose. I don’t know if I forgive you yet for leaving me, maybe if you didn’t then I would be a different person today but I understand why you did it

Bobby looked at the letter and sighed. She still didn’t cry, she felt like she wanted to but she didn’t. She couldn’t finish the letter, she didn’t know what else she needed to say. She didn’t have the closure she needed yet. Bobby looked around the beach, lots of people enjoying themselves. She looked for the little girl who came to get her ball. She was playing with her family. Bobby smiled. Shed gathered up her things and stood up to walk away. She sighed as she slowly walked on the warm sand

“Happy Christmas” Bobby turned around to see the little girl who got her ball standing behind her. The little girl had her hand out and gave Bobby a little bouquet of Daisies. Bobby smiled

“For me?” Bobby said and the little girl nodded and smiled. She was very pretty

“Thank you sweetheart…what is your name?” Bobby said as he took the flowers from the little girl

“Alana” She said and Bobby exhaled

“Thank you Alana” Bobby said and smiled as Alana ran off to her family to play. Bobby exhaled and looked at the Daisies then she looked up at the sky

“Thank you Alan” Bobby said then she walked to her car

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Narelle closed the sliding door of Lances mobile home.  She sighed as she thought about what Steve just told her. She made excuses to Steve that she had forgotten something and would be back to say hello. She could hear her family eating, talking and laughing in the kitchen. Narelle sat down on the couch and put the present next to her and sighed. Even though she didn’t know Bobby for a very long time, they had become close friends, confiding each other when life was hard. Narelle knew how much Bobby still loved Frank but the baby was going to be a new start for her.

Flashback

Bobby -Hmmm I am so hungry

Narelle- Well you are eating for two

Bobby- I know, I hope I don’t gain anymore weight

Narelle -You look nice

Bobby -Thanks

Narelle- Bobby, I don’t want to upset you but I need to say this

Bobby -Before you say anything, I want to ask you something

Narelle -What?

Bobby -Will you be Toms Godmother?

Narelle -I would love too!

Bobby -Good

Narelle -Youre probably going to take back the offer after I say what im going to say

Bobby -Why whats wrong?

Narelle- Bobby I really think you should tell Frank about Tom

Bobby -Narelle, I told you already, I cant do that

Narelle -But Tom is his son too, he has a right to know about him

Bobby -No, he doesn’t

Narelle Bobby you are not being fair to Frank or Tom

Bobby Narelle, you are supposed to be my friend

Narelle Bobby you and frank are both my best friends, Im stuck in the middle

Bobby well unstick yourself. This is my baby and my decision and if you cant accept it then maybe you shouldn’t be his godmother

Narelle- Bobby wait, look im sorry. I know what you went through when you found out your parents were not your real parents. Geoff wants to raise Tom as his own. How do you think Tom will feel when he finds out in the future that Geoff is not his real father? How do you think Frank will feel?

Bobby - I know all of that but I can’t tell Frank. He doesn’t love me and I don’t want him to feel like he is obligated to be here because of Tom. I love him so much Narelle, I want him here with me because he wants to be but he is happy with Roo and is where he wants to be.I cant be the reason why his marriage breaks up and why he ends up unhappy in a dead end job in Summer Bay with his second choice again.  When the time comes to explain to my son, I will explain to him and if he hates me for lying then I just have to live with it

Narelle- Bobby..

Narelle- just drop it

Flashback ends

Narelle sighed then she looked in her bag  and took out her phone book then she picked up the phone

Roo put on her lipstick and she laughed as she looked at Frank through the mirror

The first time I saw her I knew I had to see her again
I knew we was gonna be so much more than just friends
I didn't know just what to do so I whispered I love you
She said that she loved me too
And she kissed me
” Frank sang the lyrics to the Bruce Springsteen song as he buttoned his shirt then he sat down and put on the socks that Pippa gave him and Roo looked at her reflection and sighed

“This really is the best Christmas present, im actually going to see Bruce Springsteen in concert. I cant believe it” Frank said as he stood up and walked behind Roo, ruffled his hair and kissed her cheek then went to put his jacket on

Roo stood up and pulled her jumper down and Frank walked over to her and put his arms around her waist

“Thank you Frank said

“For what?” Roo said

“For the concert, for not taking your dads offer” Frank said

“Well, I hope you still thank me later when you see where our seats are” Roo said

“It doesn’t matter, as long as you are here and Bruce is playing, that’s fine with me” Frank said and they kissed

“We better get going” Roo said as she pulled awa

“Phone ringing”

“Leave that, we are going to be late” Roo said and she put on her jacket

“We still have time. It might be Pippa and the kids, they said they were going to call” Frank said as he walked over to the chair and sat down as Roo looked at him and took a glass to the kitchen

“Hello?” Frank said as he picked up the phone

“G;day Frank, happy Christmas” Narelle said

“Oh, Hi Narelle, happy Christmas” Frank said excited as Roo looked annoyed. She didn’t hate Narelle, its just that she knew that Narelle was on Bobbys side and it made things uncomfortable

Flashback

Roo- Look Narelle, I know you hate me and you are only making an effort because of Frank

Narelle I don’t hate you

Roo So why do I get that feeling when you are around

Narelle I don’t know

Roo I am in Franks life and you have to accept it

Narelle – I do accept it, I don’t have to like it but I will respect it because Frank is my friend

Flashback ends

“oh right” Frank said and he laughed

“ So how long are you in Yabbie Creek for?” Frank said

“im actually in Summer Bay, Im going back to the city tomorrow” Narelle said

“Oh, why are you in Summer Bay?” Frank said

“Having dinner with Lance and stuff” Narelle said

“I cant stay long, Roo got me an amazing present,we are gong to see Bruce Springsteen in concert” Frank said and smiled

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Narelle looked down at the present she brought for Baby Tom…she really wished she could tell Frank the truth…they were best friends, he was like a brother to her

“Narelle are you there?” Frank said

“Yeah sorry, what did you say?” Narelle said

“I said Roo got me an amazing present, we are gong to see Bruce Springsteen in concert” Frank said and smiled at Roo

“Oh right, well have a good time. Narelle said

“Narelle, is there something wrong?” Frank said

“No nothing, I just wanted to say Happy Christmas” Narelle said

“Come on Narelle, out with it” Frank said

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“No, nothing is wrong…come and visit sometime” Narelle said as she picked up the present and looked at it

“Yeah, I Want to, I miss you all. Roo and I will plan a visit soon” Frank said and the thought of going home again excited him..he would get to see his family…and Bobby

“Yeah, that will be nice” Narelle said and smiled

Frank looked at Roo as she pointed to her watch. “Listen I got to go now, write me soon” Frank said

“Yeah, I will. Have a great time at the concert” Narelle said

“Roo says Hi” Frank said as Roo rolled her eyes

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Narelle shook her head, she knew Frank was lying “Yeah, tell her I said Hi” Narelle said

“ill write soon…bye” Narelle said then she put the phone down and sighed then put the present in her bag and left the mobile home

Frank put the phone down and got up “Ready” Frank said and he followed Roo to the door

“I know its only a few weeks away but I think we should try and make it to Celias wedding” Frank said as he opened the door

“I thought we were supposed to be saving money” Roo said

“I know but she is your Aunt and family is important” Frank said as he walked towards the stairs, excited at the thought of going home soon…

Roo closed the door and locked it. She had no intentions of going back to Summer Bay and Frank wasn’t going back either. Roo exhaled then she walked to the stairs

Background music ends

“I don’t think I cant eat anything until Easter” Michael said as he put the last but of Christmas cake and custard in his mouth. Celia looked at him with a big smile

“Today has been such a perfect day, thank you” Celia said as she reached for Michaels arm, he smiled as he chewed his food.

“Hmm that was delicious.I need to go and have a nap” Michael said as he pushed away from the table

“Do you think Haydn is alright, Celia said

“You know what kids are like, he is in the room playing with his video game” Michael said and he went to the living room and sat down

“maybe I should just go and check on him” Celia said

“I wouldn’t mind a cup of coffee: Michael said

“Yes of course” Celia said and she rushed back to the kitchen as Michael smiled to himself, sat on the couch and put his feet up. His plan had worked.

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“No answer” Pippa said then she put the phone down. She promised Frank they would call but  it seems like they were out

“That’s a shame” Reverend Jones said as he made Christopher laugh

“All the dishes are done” Carly said as she wiped her hands and tied the rubbish out and walked outside

“Carly, hi” Carly turned around to see Narelle behind hi

“Hi, how are you?” Carly said and hugged Narelle

“Good, just had diner at Lances place” Narelle said and smiled

“You look really good, living in the city is agreeing with you” Carly said and smiled as she remembered her disastrous effort of living in the city

“Thanks…Steve told me what happened to Bobby” Narelle said

“Yeah, I think that’s why she took off, its her birthday today as well” Carly said disappointed. She was upset that Bobby left without telling her

“What are you doing now? Narelle said

“Nothing why?”  Carly said

“Do you want to go for a walk on the beach or something?” Narelle said

“Yes, to walk off all the food I just ate” Carly said and they both laughed as they walked back to the house.

Chapter 188

Beach- Summer Bay

Background theme- Carly's theme

“So do you know when Bobby is coming back?” Narelle said

“No, I don’t even know where she is gone.....It was horrible Narelle, I really thought she was going to die” Carly said and sighed

“I was hoping that the baby would be a new start for her…” Narelle said

“Yeah, I feel guilty that my relationship is happy and I am in love” Carly said

“Are you still seeing that guy I saw you with? Narelle said

“Ben? Yeah, we are still together. I really love him. He brought me this chain for Christmas” Carly said as she showed Narelle the chain

“Its nice, you got a good one” Narelle said and smiled

“Yeah, we are really happy. I don’t get to see him and much because he is in the Army and is always going on special assignments and stuff” Carly said

“Oh, right..Matt said to say hello” Narelle said as Carly ‘s heart skipped

“Oh..how is he?” Carly said trying to sound relaxed. She hadn’t heard Matts name in a while

“Good, when I said I was coming here to see Bobby he said to say hello” Narelle said

“Right, well tell him I said hello. I hope everything is going well for him and Barbra and baby” Carly said as she forced a smile.  Narelle noticed this and sighed. She wanted to tell Carly that Barbra lost the baby but she didn’t think it was her place to say anything. There was an awkward silence as Carly remembered the picnic her and Matt had on the beach

“So what are they guys like around here now? Any new prospects?” Narelle said

“I thought you left here to find your prince charming in the city?” Carly said

“City men are a waste of time” Narelle said and rolled her eyes as Carly laughed

Matt washed the last plate and put it on the drying rack. He sighed as Barbra put her arms around his waste

“. I am glad your parents came to celebrate with us. Your mum is really happy about the baby” Barbra said as she made herself some tea. Matt didn’t respond

“I know that things have been a bit tense lately but this baby is a miracle and I feel we are going to be closer than ever when the baby comes” Barbra said as she squeezed Matt tight as he sighed

Background music ends

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“Steve where are you going with those blankets? Pippa said

“You told me to get van number 3 ready, I forgot to do it earlier so I am going to do it now” Steve said as he struggled to come up with an excuse

“Now?” Pippa said as she looked at her watch

“Yeah, if I don’t do it now, I will forget” Steve said as Pippa shook her head and Steve hurriedly left the house. When he got outside he rushed to the van that Viv was in. Steve knocked the door then looked left and right until Viv opened the door

“Thank you” Viv said as Steve gave her the blankets. The van was cold.

“Did you make your call?” Steve said

“Yeah, nobody answered” Viv said

“Look, im not sure how long you can stay in here for” Steve said

“You said you have a friend in the city I can stay with” Viv said

“That’s what I thought but shes in Summer Bay right now, I just saw her” Steve said as Viv sighed

“What am I going to do? I can’t go back, please help me” Viv said and she got up and hugged Steve and he sighed. He wanted to help Viv but after everything that happened lately, he didn’t want to lie to Pippa, he didn’t know what to do.

Marriott Hotel- New York

“Are you alright love?” Ailsa said as she got into bed next to Alf

“Yeah, Im just worried” Alf said

“About what?” Ailsa said

“About Ruthy, I hope I didn’t cause a problem” Alf said

“Well she decided that it want a good idea to take the house and I told you that Frank has his pride, he wants to do it on his own. They appeared to have resolved everything. Everything will be alright” Ailsa said

“I know its just that she will always be my little girl and I always want the best for her” Alf said

“I know you do love but she isn’t a little girl anymore, you have to let her live her own life” Ailsa said

“I know but that place they live in, its really small” Alf said

“Yes but its want they want.love” Ailsa said

“I know I know” Alf said as he hugged Ailsa and tickled her

“Alf stop, youll wake Duncan” Ailsa said as she stifled her laughter

“I think I can be quiet” Alf said as he kissed Ailsa neck and she smiled and put her arms around his neck

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Steve lay on his bed, he really wanted to keep Viv’s secret but he couldn’t risk lying to Pippa. She didn’t deserve it after everything he put her through. Steve sighed. He didn’t want to be a dobber but Pippa was more important to him.

“You didn’t have to wash those cups” Pippa said as she came downstairs to see Reverend Jones washing the cups that they had hot chocolate and cake with

“Yes I do, it’s the least I can do for your hospitality” Reverend Jones said as wiped his hands on a towel then he walked over to the couch and sat down next to Pippa. Pippa felt the butterflies in her stomach again

“Philippa, is there something wrong?” Reverend Jones said

“No, why” Pippa said and she stood up. Maybe I should try Frank again” Pippa said and she walked over to the desk and opened the draw to get her address book out. Reverend Jones looked at Pippa as she nervously opened the book to get the number.

Steve came down the stairs and stood at the door

“Pippa, can I talk to you please” Steve said as he walked towards the couch

“Its getting late, I guess its my bed time” Reverend Jones said and he smiled at Steve

“Reverend Jones, can you please stay. I want to talk to you too” Steve said as Reverend Jones looked at him confused then Pippa pulled the chair out near the desk and sat down. Steve sat next to Reverend Jones

“What is wrong my child?” Reverend Jones said and Steve sighed

Mitchell/Woods Residence- Summer Bay

Grant plays the instrumental to “Nothing compares to you”

Grant smiled then he put the guitar down. He was happy that he spoke to his Mum. He wished he could be with her but he didn’t want to cause any trouble. Grant looked at his left, at the desert he got from the Diner. Carly said it was one of their popular desserts, it was a fruit trifle called the “Forever dessert”. Grant  laughed then he picked up the plate and spoon and put some of the trifle in his mouth

“Mmmm” Grant said. It tasted really good. Bobby his new friend was a very good cook. He knew someone once who was a good cook

Flashback

Grant- I have to go

Bronwyn – No you don’t, you didn’t do anything

Grant – I know but its easy if I just leave

Bronwyn – Don’t go

Grant – I have to

Bronwyn – If you love me, you wont go

Grant-  I love you, that is why I am going

Flashback ends

Grant sighed. He wished things didn’t happen the way they did, he wished he didn’t go but he had to, to protect everyone he loved. Grant put some more trifle in his mouth and sighed as he looked at the beach.

“Where do you think you are going?” Barbra said as she sat on the couch reading and watched Rebecca put on her coat

“Lizzy is have a Christmas party” Rebecca said as she pulled her hair out of the coat

“You are not going anywhere” Barbra said

“That’s not fair, I stayed here and had your stupid family dinner” Rebecca said

“What is the matter with you lately? “ Barbra said

“Im tired of you treating me like a child” Rebecca said

“As long as you live under my roof, you will do as I say” Barbra said

“Fine, ill go and live with dad” Rebecca said

“No, youre not” Barbra said

“Why not?” Rebecca said

“Because I said so” Barbra said

“THAT IS NOT AN ANSWER” Rebecca said

“Shhhh be quiet, you will wake up Matt” Barbra said

“So?, answer me, why cant I go and live with Dad since you wont treat me like an adult” Rebecca said

“I don’t have to give you any explanations, I am the adult, you do as I say” Barbra said angrily

“You are pathetic, do you know that?” Rebecca said

“What did you just say?” Barbra said and she stood up

“I said you are pathetic” Rebecca said

“That’s it, go to your room right now” Barbra said then she snatched Rebecca’s car keys from her

“You are not having these back until you learn some respect” Barbra said

“Respect? From you? Where is your respect? Pretending to be pregnant to keep a man old enough to be your son” Rebecca was interrupted as Barbra slapped her. Rebecca was shocked, she put her hand up to her face. Her mother had never hit her before. Rebecca looked at her mum then she walked to her room. As she walked past the master room, Matt opened his eyes. He heard every word of the argument….Barbra lied to him…she was never pregnant…he lost Carly because Barbra lied…

Background music ends dramatically

Chapter 189

Newton Residence- NewCastle

Angela looked at the blood on her hand then at her daughter on the corner of the bed trying to hide. She wiped her hand on her skirt then she picked up the plate and threw it at the bed

“I said, eat your dinner” Angela said and she closed the door and locked it. Tammy waited until she heard the door lock then she got up and wiped her face and looked at the food on the bed and began to cry

Birdwood- Adelaide

Background music-

Your groove, I do deeply dig
No walls, only the bridge, my supper dish
My succotash wish

I couldn't ask for another
No, I couldn't ask for another

Groove is in the heart, Groove is in the heart

It was late but Bobby couldn’t sleep. Her hotel overlooked the beach and people were still out celebrating Christmas. Bobby took off her sandals and began to walk on the sand. It was still really warm. She looked ahead at the people having fun

Watch out!

The depth of hula groove
Move us to the nth hoop
We're going through to, Horten hears a who

I couldn't ask for another
No, I couldn't ask for another

She  walked close to the water, she could feel the warm water on her toes. She walked a bit more but there was no light so she turned back and began to walk back to the hotel.

Flashback

Frank – I am really proud of you

Bobby -Why?

Frank – For winning student of the year, you turned your life around

Bobby – Thanks to you lot coming into town

Frank – I know but you had all that in you, you just needed some love and care and now you are a superstar

Bobby- Frank

Frank – You know what I mean

Bobby – Its going to happen for you at Macklins, you just wait, youre going to run an entire project one day

Frank- Yeah, if Stacey doesn’t get on my nerves

Bobby- You’ll be fine, I know it

Frank – You always believe in me

Bobby- Because you believed in me. Frank, tonight has been amazing. I know we said we are going to wait but I’m ready, I want to

Frank- I know, me too, but the wedding is coming up soon..I want to do things properly this time

Bobby- I suppose…I have something in mind while we wait

Frank – Do you now?

Bobby- Yes I do..wanna know what it is?

Frank- I think I have an idea

Flashback ends

Bobby was brought back to the present when she felt her forehead bump into something. When Bobby looked up, she had bumped into someone

“Oh, I am sorry” Bobby said as she looked at woman

“That’s quite alright” The woman said and she moved over and sat down at the table. Bobby watched the woman as she turned over a sign “$5 fortune telling” Bobby smiled and began to walk away. She found it odd that the woman was out so late

“Excuse me” Bobby turned around

“Im having a Christmas discount, only $5” The woman said

“No thanks, isnt it a bit too late for you to be out telling fortunes?” Bobby said

“No. Today is the busiest time of the year. I was at the other end of the beach, I just got here” The woman said

“Oh right..goodnight” Bobby said and she began to walk away

“You haven’t really said goodbye to him, have you? Bobby turned around and looked at the woman

“What did you say?” Bobby said

“I said You haven’t really said goodbye to him have you?” The woman said

“You probably just made that up. If you want $5 I can give it to you but I don’t believe in all this stuff” Bobby said and she put her hand in her pocket to take out some money

“I don’t want your money, sit down” The woman said and Bobby slowly walked over to the chair and sat down

“My name is Madam Maria…what is your name?” Madam Maria

“Youre supposed to be the fortune teller” Bobby said and laughed as Madam Maria began to polish her crystal bal

“Look I am sure there are other people on the beach who wont their fortunes told, I already know mine…Goodnight” Bobby said and she began to get up

“Your named after a flower” Madam Maria said and Bobby froze then she sat down and looked at Madam Maria

“That got your attention didn’t it” Madam Maria said and laughed then she looked at the cards.

“I see a dove flying away. That is a sign of loss” Madam Maria said and Bobby nodded her head

“The dove has not completely disappeared, whoever you lost is still around you, protecting you, that is not the person you want to say goodbye to” Madam Maria said as Bobby’s heart skipped

“This other person is far away physically but emotionally near to you” Madam Maria said as Bobby looked at her

“Say goodbye to him” Madam Maria

“How?” Bobby said

“Only you know that..but you need to do it” Madam Maria said and she looked at Bobby. Bobby sighed, Madam Maria was right. It was over, Tom was gone. She needed to say goodbye to Frank, she needed to close that chapter of her life and move one

“There is a connection between the two of you, that will always be there, but you need to say goodbye to him” Madam Maria said and smiled and Bobby nodded. Then she put her hand in her pocket and took out $5 and Madam Maria shook her head no

“I don’t want your money, just do what I said. Sometimes we need to let go of the past hurt to experience the new love” Madam Maria said and smiled

“Thanks” Bobby said and she got up and walked away. Madam Maria was right, she needed to let go of the past hurt, being here was starting that but she was definitely wrong about the new love. Bobby smiled and walked back to her hotel room

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Reverend Jones stood up and walked towards the dining table and sighed. Pippa watched him walk away then she looked at Steven annoyed. Reverend Jones felt guilty because he should’ve seen this coming. He knew John, Viv’s father very well. John’s recent transfer to Wentworth came suddenly but it was only supposed to be temporary and he was supposed to rejoin his family for Christmas.

“Reverend Jones, are you angry with me?” Steve said as he looked at Reverend Jones. Reverend Jones turned back and walked back to the couch and sat down

“No Son, I am not. Thank you for telling us what is going on” Reverend Jones as Pippa looked at him

“What are you going to do?” Steve said. He felt bad, he didn’t want to be a  dobber but he had to

“Well, its late to travel back to New Castle tonight. Phillippa, please come with me, I want to go and speak to Aviva” Reverend Jones said and he got up and Pippa got up too

“Pippa, am I in trouble?” Steve said as he got up

“No sweetheart you are not. I know you were trying to help her and telling us is the right thing to do” Pippa said and she began to walk behind Reverend Jones

“Reverend Jones, please don’t make her go back, her Mum is really evil” Steve said

“Son, I cant make that decision” Reverend Jones

“Oh please Reverend Jones, you wasn’t there, her mum slapped her across the face and Viv was really scared She is frightened about her sister too..please don’t let her go back” Steve said as he looked at Reverend Jones

“Steve, listen out for Christopher, we will be back soon” Pippa said

“Can I come? Maybe she wont speak to you” Steve said

“No Steve, we will handle it from here” Pippa said then she walked out of the house with Reverend Jones. Steve looked out of the window, he felt really bad but he trusted Reverend Jones, he knew that he would do the right thing.

“Its this van here” Pippa said as she pointed to the van Viv is in.

“Aviva is a really sweet girl, troubled at times and has run away from home before. I am sorry that it has come to this” Reverend Jones

“What are you going to do?” Pippa said

“Well its late to do anything but I do have to get the authorities involved tomorrow” Reverend Jones

“ Do you have to? If its as bad as Steve said, it wouldn’t hurt to give the girl some breathing space” Pippa said and without thinking she help onto Reverend Jones jacket then pulled her hand away

“Sorry” Pippa said as Reverend Jones looked at her then he knocked on the door

Without thinking Viv opened the van door when she heard the knock and was shocked to see Reverend Jones and Steve’s foster mum standing at the door

Flashback

Barbra- you make me feel so alive

Matt- What does that mean

Barbra – It means my life has a new meaning, I never expected to have all these feelings for another man

Matt- I guess youre welcome

Barbra- I can stay in your arms making love all day

Matt- Sorry, I have to go to work

Barbra- Im not letting you go

Matt Don’t be silly I have to go

Barbra- Im going to find a way to keep you here in my bed forever

Flashback ended

Matt lay still in the bed as the scenario went around in his head. Barbra already had a plan to trick him from the very beginning and he fell for it. The lights were off in the room, he told Barbra he had a headache and went to bed early. Matt stared at the ceiling. There was a gap in the curtain, the light that shone through made a shape on the ceiling. Matt stared at it. Matt looked at the door, there was a little gap in the door. That little gap told a secret, a secret he thought was a truth. Matt could hear footsteps and he closed his eyes. Barbra smiled as she saw Matt lie in the bed. She slowly walked over to the other side of the bed and lay down. She snuggled up to Matt and closed her eyes. Matt opened his eyes – he had to get out of here.

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Viv put her hand over her mouth in shick

“Its ok Aviva, I just want to talk to you” Reverend Jones said as Viv began to shake her head no and walk backwards

“Its alright Viv, Steve told us what happened we just want to help you” Pippa said as she went into the van and reached out her hand towards Viv

“Reverend Jones please, please don’t send me back to my Mum. Please don’t. You don’t understand, since Dad left, she has gotten worse. I left Tammy there to come and get help, I didn’t want to but I had to. Reverend Jones please” Viv said and she began crying

“Aviva, I have to let your Mum know that you are at least Ok, then we can talk about what is going on” Reverend Jones said as Viv shook her head no

“I cant go back there. Please. Steve said you are his foster Mum, please foster me and my sister. I promise, we will be good” Viv said and she help onto Pippa and began to cry. Pippa looked at Reverend Jones and sighed

Birdwood- Adelaide

Bobby looked at her wrist , she made a bracelet out of the daisies that Alana gave her. She was standing at the window of her hotel room. She could see onto the beach. people were still enjoying themselves and she could see Madam Maria had a customer. Bobby smiled

Flashback

Bobby- I cant do it your way, there will be none of me left

Frank- You expect me to only see you on weekends? How is that going to work?

Bobby- Frank we can make it work

Frank- Yeah sure then you fall in love with one of those brainy guys at Uni and break up with me

Bobby -Frank I would never do that, I love you too much

Frank -So if you love me you would stay and we can be a family here

Bobby -Frank we will be a family

Frank - No we won’t, not when you are living far away

Bobby – Frank this is not fair

Frank- Whats not fair is that I love you and you’re not considering how I feel about all of this

Bobby – I am Frank, that is why we are here

Frank – Look, I love you, I want to spend the rest of my life with you, I want to give you everything you want and make all your dreams come true. I told you how it was for me growing up, I don’t want my family to be like that. I want a real family with me.

Bobby – Frank I want all that, I want to be with you

Frank – Then stay with me

Bobby- I guess I can take Ailsa up on her offer with the Diner for now

Frank- Yeah, it wont be forever, just until I can make a name for myself in Macklins

Bobby- I know you will

Frank – Thank you for believing in me, everything will be fine…you’ll see.

Bobby – I love you forever

Frank I love you forever

Flashback ends

Bobby sighed then she walked back to the bed and picked up the letter, the one she started writing for her Grandma. She didn’t finish the letter she wrote to her Grandma but it felt good to write down how she felt. She wasn’t sure if she was ever going to finish the letter, maybe she didn’t need to. Bobby smiled, Reverend Jones advising her to write the letter was great advice. She really liked him, he listened but didn’t judge. Bobby got up from the bed and opened her bag on the table. She took out the notepad and pen and walked back to the bed she looked down at her wrist again then inhaled deeply then exhaled. This time she was going to do what Madam Maria said. Then clicked the pen down and began to write.

Dear Frank….

Bobby stopped writing, she had a better idea…

Caravan- Park- Summer Bay

Pippa sighed as she got to the front door “I really want to her her Alex. If its as bad as she says, I really want to help her” Pippa said

“Sounds like she has been having an awful time. I don’t want to make any hasty decisions. I think we should sleep on it. Ill be able to think clearly in the morning” Reverend Jones said as he opened the door for Pippa

“Thank you” Pippa said and looked at Reverend Jones. The moonlight illuminated his face, he looked so handsome, just as he did all those years ago. Reverend Jones felt his heart beating fast, Phillippa looked beautiful. He wanted to kiss her but didn’t want to overstep the boundries

“Goodnight” Reverend Jones said

“Goodnight” Pippa said. For a split second, she wanted him to kiss her but he didn’t. The guilt came back again then she smiled and Reverend Jones walked to his van.

Background Music ends

Matt looked to his left, Barbra was fast asleep. He slowly got out of the bed. He didn’t want any confrontations right now. He walked over to the drawer and slowly took out some jeans and a shirt and he walked out of the room slowly to put his clothes on in the kitchen. Matt looked around, he didn’t want to take anything tonight, he just wanted to get out of the house. Matt looked around for a pen and paper then he wrote something down then returned to the bedroom and put the note on his side of the bed and closed the door to the edge then he walked back to the kitchen to put his jacket on

“Where are you going” Matt jumped then he turned around, Rebecca was standing behind him in Pyjamas shorts

“None of your business” Matt said quietly and pushed his wallet into his back pocket

“It must be important if you are sneaking out in the middle of the night” Matt said then shook his head and picked up his keys and walked towards the door. Just as he was about to, Rebecca stood in front of him

“Get out of my way” Matt said quietly and Rebecca put her hands around his neck. Matt sighed then he removed Rebecca’s arms and tried to move her out of the way. Rebecca pushed Matt back and smiled. Matt exhaled then he began to walk forward then before he knew it, Rebecca was kneeling in front of him and undoing his jeans. Matts instinct was to stop her but he had been lied to so much that nothing mattered right now. Matt moaned as Rebecca began to orally please him. She had been attracted to Matt for a long time and finally she was getting her chance. Matt took his wallet out of his back pocket and took out protection. He then pulled Rebecca up by her hair and pushed her face first onto the table. Rebecca pulled her shorts down and shortly after she exhaled vocally as Matt filled her up. Matt bent over and put his hand over Rebecca’s mouth. She bit his finger in excitement.  Rebecca moved her hand and accidentally knocked over a spoon. Matt didn’t stop. Right now he didn’t care if Barbra heard. He continued thrusting and imagined he was making love to Carly. Matt began to kiss Rebecca's ear. She smiled, she had wanted this for so long.

Barbra opened her eyes. She heard a noise. When she looked to her right, Matt wasn’t in bed. Barbra rubbed her eyes and began to get up out of the bed. She walked up to the door then she heard noises. Barbra froze. She listened behind the door as she heard what sounded like sexual noises. She stood for what seemed like forever for the noises to stop then she heard footsteps slowly walking by her room then she heard a bedroom door close. Barbra put her hand over her mouth in shock. Then she turned around. The light from the gap in the curtain highlighted something on the bed. Barbra turned the light on and picked up the paper then she sat down ,unfolded it and read what it said

“You lied”

Barbra froze…she had no emotion. Matt knew. He mustve heard the argument with Rebecca. Barbra stood up, she had to go and find him, tell him the truth..she did lie but now it was real. Barbra put one leg forward then she felt a sharp pain in her stomach. She began to breathe heavily “Oh no” Barbra said “Oh no…please no” Barbra said

“HELP ME!

Background music ends dramatically

Chapter 190

Beach- Summer Bay

Grant started slowing down then he stopped running and began to move his arms around twist his waist and cool down. He looked at the water and shuddered his shoulders. He promised himself that he was going to swim every morning. Grant laughed to himself then he turned around and began walking back to the house. As he walked, he noticed something by the gate. He walked a little bit further then he noticed it was someone asleep, covered with a blanket. He slowly walked up to the person and tapped them on the shoulder. The person jumped and threw the covers off

“I didn’t mean to scare you, are you ok” Grant said

“Yes” Viv said then she began to cry

“Do you want me to get someone for you? The police?” Grant said

“No, please no…they will just send me back to my Mum. Please help me” Viv said and she grabbed onto Grant and cried as he looked around to see if there was anyone around to help him

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Reverend Jones looked around the empty van and sighed, Viv was gone

“This is my fault” Reverend Jones said

“No, its not, she is a troubled young girl who thought you were going to send her home” Pippa said

“This is such an awful situation, I wish I had known what was going on” Reverend Jones said and Pippa stood next to him and touched his arm, he felt butterflies in his stomach

“We have to find her Philippa” Reverend Jones said

“We will. The Diner is not open today so I will get Carly and Steve to help us” Pippa said

“Thank you” Reverend Jones said and Pippa smiled

“Here you go” Grant said as he gave a cup of tea to Viv who was shivering under a blanket that covered her

“Thank you” Viv said and took the tea and drank it

“Viv, I have to let someone know that you are here” Grant said

“Oh please, I don’t want to go home” Viv said and she began to cry again

“Ok, ok, don’t cry. Did you get much sleep last night?” Grant said as Viv shook her head no. Grant got up and went to his room, he came out shortly with a t-shirt,  sweater and shorts

“Here are some clean clothes for you”  Grant said and gave the clothes to Viv

“Do you mind if I take a shower?” Viv said

“Sure, there are some towels in there . My flatmate is out of town, her room is over there, go and have some sleep and we can talk more later on ok” Grant said

“Thank you” Viv  said and smiled then she put the cup down and headed to the bathroom. Grant sighed, he had to let someone know Viv was here but he didn’t want to break her trust. He thought about who he would call. Grant walked over to the phonebook then picked up the phone and began to dial. He waited for a while, there was no answer at  the diner. He wanted to contact Bobby but put the phone down when there was no answer. Grant sighed then he had an idea, he opened the phone book again, found a number and began to dial.

General Hospital- The City

Rebecca walked into the hospital room slowly and sat on the chair. She looked down at her lap as the guilt consumed her. She thought back to last night as Matt was making love to her then she looked up at her Mum who had just lost a baby. Rebecca sighed as she thought back to the argument, she had with her Mum about pretending to be pregnant when this time she truly was. She felt guilty because Matt must’ve heard the truth and that is why he left last night. Rebecca looked at Barbra as she began to wake up

“Mum…Mum, I am so sorry” Rebecca said as she rushed over and knelt by her Barbra’s bed. Barbra looked down at her daughter, she had no emotion, she didn’t know what to say. She felt betrayed by Rebecca ,  she lost her baby and the man she loves. Barbra  looked up and out of the window…she lost the man she loves

Smart Residence- The City

Matt opened one eye then he put his hand on his forehead. He had a severe headache. He opened the other eye and looked in front of him, there were several cans of beer on the table. Matt sighed then looked at his watch. The Bistro was opening today but not until later on. When he left Barbra’s, he needed to have some time to think. Matt sighed as he remembered what happened with Rebecca then shook his head. Matt attempted to get up but his head was spinning and he dropped back down onto the couch. He couldn’t believe that he had been so stupid, falling for Barbra’s plan and leaving Carly. He didn’t know how he was going to do it, but he was going to get Carly back...

Background music ends

“Thanks for coming” Grant said as Pippa came into the house

“You said you had a problem” Pippa said as she followed Grant

“Yes, I was hoping you would be able to help me” Grant said then he slowly opened the door as Pippa sighed when she saw Viv sleeping.

Three days later

Birdwood- Adelaide

Background music Frank and Bobby’s theme

Bobby shook the hand of the bank manager and smiled then walked out of the bank. She had made all the necessary arrangements to get her Grandmothers account closed and transfer the money to a savings account. Bobby exhaled and got into the car and drove off. The last few days, she had stayed at the house her grandmother gave her, looking at old photos and videos. Bobby looked at the passenger seat, it had a big bag full of books, photos and videos she was taking with her She didn’t decide on what she was going to do with the house yet but she didn’t have to make that decision right now. Bobby looked at the red traffic light and smiled to herself and shook her head, she still couldn’t believe that she had all this money then she exhaled, the money was going to be for her and Tom to start a new life, Bobby sighed then turned left into the airport car park.

Roo put a cup of coffee on the bedside table next to Frank. They were both enjoying a lazy morning because their offices were closed

“Thanks” Frank said and picked up his coffee and Roo smiled

“The last few days have been excellent, not having to work, and just enjoying time together” Frank said as he reached for Roos hand

“Yeah, it has been nice, and having Dad here too” Roo said

“Roo, I really want us to have a family” Frank said

“I know you do” , we talked about this. We have a plan, remember” Roo said

“Yeah I know but being around Duncan and seeing you with him, I think we are ready now” Frank said

“Frank, lets not talk about this now, I don’t want to turn into a fight” Roo said

“Its not going to turn into a fight, I just think we are ready to have a baby now” Frank said

“knock at the door”

“Must be Dad, Ailsa and Duncan” Roo said then she got up from the bed and walked to the door as Frank sighed

Archived