Homecoming

Summer's Bay

:)

Chapter 91

Drive in Movie-Summer Bay

Carly sighed then put the popcorn in her mouth. Ben laughed and from the corner of his eye he could see that Carly was not laughing

“You don’t like the movie?” Ben said

“Hmm?” Carly said

“The movie, you don’t like it?” Ben said

“Oh its fine, sorry. Just got some things on my mind, lots of family stuff.” Carly said and smiled

That wasn’t the truth. Carly saw this movie with Matt and that is all she could think about…Matt going to be a father..the way Matt kissed her in the pantry. Carly put more popcorn in her mouth and sighed.

Clergy House-NewCastle

Reverend Jones put the phone down then walked over to the kitchen. Philippa sounded much happier this evening and it made him happy too…..then he stopped smiling as he thought about Celia. He had made a mistake and given Celia a false sense of hope.  When she left, she had the impression that they were going to have a future together, one he never agreed and didn’t deny based on his guilt. Celia kept on talking about fate…fate brought him back to Summer Bay then he started thinking about fate and how fate reintroduced him to someone he once loved a long time ago.

Caravan park-Summer Bay

“Hmmm chocolate cake is my favourite” Sally said then put the last bite in her mouth and gave the plate to Bobby who was washing the dishes

“Dada” Christopher said and lifted his hands up and Frank picked him up

“You are spoiling him” Pippa said with a smile and walked into the laundry room

“I want to, I am really going to miss him” Frank said as he hugged Christopher and walked into the kitchen

“Ive got some homework to do” Steven said and walked towards the stairs

“Stevo, where did Carly say she was going?” Bobby said as she wiped her hands

Steve turned around “To see a drive in movie” he said as Sally walked past him and turned the TV on and sat on the couch

“Why?” Frank said looking at Bobby

“I got a strange feeling about the guy taking her out tonight, I don’t know why” Bobby said as she picked up a towel and wiped the kitchen table

“Hey” Frank whispered and Bobby looked at him. He pulled her underwear out of his pocket and dangled it in front of her

Bobby looked at Frank surprised then whispered “Frank where did you get those?” as she tried to grab them and Christopher laughed

“They were under my bed” Frank said holding them above Bobby’s head as she tried to grab them

“Frank can you have a look at this” Pippa said which distracted Frank and Bobby grabbed her underwear and pushed them in her pocket then quickly went upstairs to put them away

Frank walked out of the laundry “Ill get the piece and fix it tomorrow” he said then walked over to the couch and sat next to Sally. I want to tidy and fold some things in my room…you can bring Christopher up when he falls asleep and one hour for you young lady then its ready for bed” Pippa said as Sally snuggled under Frank’s arm and ignored her. Pippa shook her head and walked up the stairs as Bobby was coming down

“Bobby come and watch the TV with us” Sally said as she moved over more to make some space for her to sit. Frank smiled as Bobby sat at the end of the couch but not far enough that he couldn’t put his arm around her. Sally smiled as she held Bobby’s and Franks hand, remembering what she saw and hoping that her wish on the star was coming true as Christopher put his head on Franks chest. Bobby looked at Frank, he was looking at her, she smiled. She wished it could be like this all the time with their own little family. Frank looked down at Christopher and wished it would be like this all the time. Bobby put her head back on Franks arm as they all laughed at the programme they watched

Drive in Movie-Summer Bay

“That was a really good movie, I am glad we watched it” Ben said as the movie ended

“Yeah” Carly said and attempted a smile

“So would you like to go and get a coffee or something?” Ben said

“No..I am sorry, I just have a lot going on right now, would you mind taking me home?” Carly said

Ben looked at his watch “But its still early” He said

Carly looked at her watch “yeah , I know but I am tired and I am working tomorrow” Carly said

“So why did you come out with me then?” Ben said with an angry tone. Carly looked at him

“Im sorry, look its fine, you dont have to take me home, there is a phone box there, Ill just call and have my brother pick me up” Carly said

“Its no problem, I can take you home, I need to get back anyway. Where do you live?” Ben said as he angrily started his engine

“Ill direct you” Carly said looking at him and praying that he would drive her straight home

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Time for bed Sal” Pippa said as she came down the stairs

“Already?” Sally said

“Yes” Frank said then kissed her head

“Ill take Christopher” Pippa said as he reached down and picked him up, he was fast asleep. Frank yawned

“I am going to have an early night, I am tired from all that dancing and walking yesterday” Frank said as he got up

“I am going to wait up for Carly” Bobby said as she crossed her legs in the couch when Sally got up

“Night” Sally said and she hugged Bobby then Frank and followed Pippa up the stairs

“Night Sal” Frank said and waited for both Sally and Pippa to shut their doors then he sat down on the couch again and pulled Bobby close

“Don’t be too long” Frank said and kissed Bobby’s nose and stayed close to her face

“I thought you were having an early night” Bobby said with a smile

“I will but I can’t sleep without you” Frank said and Bobby smiled

“I didn’t get a good feeling about the guy Carly went out with, if she’s not home in the next 20 minutes I want to go looking for her” Bobby said as she stroked Franks hair

“No, ill go, ill be in the van, let me know” Frank said as he kissed Bobby’s nose again

“I made a new desert tonight, for you, I hid it in the back of the fridge” Bobby said

“Bring it with you” Frank said then Bobby kissed his nose and he got up and walked towards the door, opened it and shut it behind him. Bobby sighed, she was really concerned about Carly

Pippa sat on her bed then pulled open a draw and pulled out a photo album, she smiled as she tuned the pages remembering those times, when she was young, had no children and was beginning her journey in life. She turned the page and saw a photo of her and Tom when they started dating, she turned the page again and saw a photo of her and Tom and Danny. Pippa turned the page again and smiled, it was a photo of her and Reverend Jones, she remembered, they had just got some ice-creams because the weather was really hot. Pippa smiled, she was happy he was back in her life again. After everything that had happened recently, she needed an old friend. Pippa put the album back in the draw and laid back on her bed and smiled.

Frank picked up the guitar and slowly played a melody, then he played the song he wrote for Bobby and smiled the he heard a knock at the door. “He looked at his watch, maybe Carly was home. He put the guitar down and opened the door surprised

Oh, Hi Frank, I didn’t know you were in the van. I was waiting outside for Martin and I heard someone playing and just wanted to tell them they sound great” Megan said with a smile

“Thanks” Frank said

“Do you mind if I hear you play some more while I wait for Martin?” Megan said with a smile

“Sure” Frank said and before he could turn back to get his guitar, Megan was already in the van

“Have a seat” Frank said and pointed to the chair and Megan said down. She was wearing black shorts and a black and gold top. She had her hair curled for the night out with Martin

Bobby decided to wear the blue pyjama short set tonight. She just had a quick shower and sprayed her new body spray then put the pyjamas on and her oversized sweatshirt over it then she heard a car pull up. Pulled her hair into a high pony tail, put her flip flops on, put her keys in her pocket and went downstairs

“Thanks for the lift” Carly said. Ben didn’t say anything

“The movie was great, sorry I didn’t seem like I was enjoying myself” Carly said. Ben didn’t respond

“I guess ill see you around” Carly said and opened the door. Ben didn’t say anything but drove off before Carly could close the door. Carly sighed then made her way to the front door and opened it with her key to find Bobby siting on the couch reading a magazine

“Hey, how did it go?” Bobby said looking up from her magazine

“I couldn’t stop thinking about Matt and I think Ben could tell” Carly said as she went to the fridge to get some water

“Where is everybody?” Carly said

“Sleeping, I wanted to wait and make sure you got home ok, im off to bed too” Bobby said as she got off the couch

“Thanks” Carly said and smiled then she went upstairs. When Bobby heard her shut the door she walked over to the kitchen, picked up two forks then opened the fridge and uncovered the small box a the back of the fridge with the dessert and took it out of the fridge. Bobby smiled then closed the fridge door, put two plastic forks in her pocket, tuned off the light and slowly let herself out of the house and locked the door behind her.

When they were married, Bobby often cooked different dishes and Frank would be the one to test them out, Bobby smiled as she thought about some of his favorites. As she got closer to his van, she could hear him playing the guitar she gave him and smiled…as she got closer she stopped smiling when she realized he was playing the song he wrote for Roo. Bobby stopped walking and started getting upset and turned around to go back home then she stopped herself. She knew he was married, it was only a song and he was waiting for her. Bobby signed turned around then started walking back to the van when he stopped playing then Franks van door opened, when Bobby looked up, she was Megan step out of Franks van then turn around and kiss him on the cheek. Bobby stopped walking and her heart dropped to the floor. Megan continued to talk to Frank then he looked up and saw Bobby standing there…Megan was still talking to Frank as Bobby turned around and went back to the house. Frank watched as she walked away. Before Bobby got into the house, she opened the bin and put the dessert in it then wiped the tears from her face, opened the front door and headed for her room.

As Bobby disappeared into the night, what Frank and Megan didn’t see is the heartbroken look on Martins face as he watched Megan Kissed Frank, throw the single rose he had for her away and turn back and walked towards the mobile home.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 92

Stewart Sr Residence- Summer Bay

Love me tender
Love me true
All my dreams fulfilled
For my darling I love you
And I always will

Love me tender
Love me long
Take me to your heart
For it's there that I belong
And we'll never part

Celia sang the song as she put away her clothes. She danced around her room as if she was dancing in a ballroom and smiled. Today had been the perfect day. Celia stopped dancing and looked around her room. If Alex was going to ask her to marry him, she had so many things to plan. She went into the living room and sat down, she picked up a pen and paper from the table in front of her and began writing a list of everything she needed to do before the wedding.

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

Background music- Bobby and Frank’s theme

Frank closed the van door and sighed. He can’t believe what just happened. He was hoping that Megan Would leave before Bobby came,  he kept yawning and making excuses but she wouldn’t leave and now Bobby was upset. Frank put the guitar back in the case picked up his key, locked the door and walked towards the house

Bobby slowly closed the bedroom door and wiped the tear from her face. She couldn’t understand why she was crying, Frank is a married man having an affair with her, she had no right to be jealous if he wanted to see someone else but after the evening they had, watching TV like a family, like they used to be, it hurt. “Maybe I should have let him explain…even though he owes me no explanation” Bobby said to herself then took off her sweater and pyjamas and walked over to the chair and picked up an old t-shirt and put it on then walked over to the bedroom door and sighed. She knew that Frank would come and attempt to explain but he didn’t owe her an explanation and right now her head hurt, she just wanted to sleep and forget what happened tonight. Bobby looked at the door and locked it then got into bed and wiped her face and tried to get to sleep

Frank locked the door behind him. The house was quiet. He slowly made his way up the stairs and when he got to the spare room he attempted to open the door expecting it to open…it didn’t. Frank tried again and realized that Bobby had locked to door. He couldn’t say her name because he didn’t want to wake everyone else. He went back downstairs and over to the desk and turned on the light. He picked up a pen and took some paper and began to write a note. When he finished he folded the paper in half then turned the light off and went back upstairs and slipped the note under Bobby’s door, sighed then went back downstairs and closed the door and locked it behind him. As he walked back to his van he felt annoyed with himself about what just happened. As he walked to his van. He noticed Megan sitting on the step of her van which was next to his and he sighed

Background music ends

“I thought you were going to sleep?” Megan said as she stood up

“I am, had to go and get something from the house” Frank said then opened the door of his van

“I think I have been stood up, Martin was supposed to be here at 9” Megan said looking at her watch

“Sorry about that, night” Frank said as he was about to step into his van then Megan stood in front of him

“Goodnight” Megan said and smiled

Frank walked around her and went into his van and locked the door. Megan walked over to the front of her van smiling to herself, she didn’t know what happened to Martin but looked back at Franks van, smiled to herself , looked around then went inside her van.

Manhattan-New York

Roo opened her eyes, she looked at her watch, it was 10am, she didn’t realize that she had slept so late. She pulled the covers right under her chin, she felt so comfortable

“You’re awake” Donavan said then crawled onto the bed and hugged Roo from the back. Roo smiled

“Sorry, I didn’t know that I slept in so late” Roo said

“No need to be sorry” Donavan said then he kissed Roo’s cheek, at that point, Roo started feeling that familiar feeing she had felt every morning for the last few days

“I am going to take a shower” Roo said and got out of bed as quickly as she could without causing suspicion> The minute she got to the bathroom, she was just in time to turn on the tape before throwing up into the toilet

1:00am Summer Bay

Background music-Bobby and Frank’s theme

Caravan Park

Martin sighed, he couldn’t believe what he saw, he thought Frank was a mate, why would he take advantage of the woman he wanted? He thought about how he was going to make it up to Megan, the woman of his dreams, the woman he wanted to marry.

Frank tossed then turned over, he was right, he couldn’t sleep. He looked at the guitar and tried to understand how one thing he loved caused him to potentially lose someone he loved. Frank sighed and thought about how he was going to make things up with Bobby,

Carly couldn’t sleep, she got out of bed then went over to her desk and opened the draw and pulled out an old photo of her and Matt, they were in school uniform. Carly touched Matt’s face, they looked really happy in the photo. Matt always liked her with her faults and now that she was ready to be with him, he was gone. A tear dropped down Carly’s cheek as she remembered the date this evening with Ben and she sat on her bed and sighed and hugged the photo of Matt then lay down on her bed

Wilson Residence

Matt lay on his back on his bed. He thought about the night he spent with Carly when he came back to Summer  Bay and he smiled. He and Carly had been through a lot but she seemed to accept that they were meant to be. Things felt so good between him until he let his jealousy get in the way and now its all over. Matt though about how happy Carly was when she was going on her date. There was nothing in Summer Bay for him….Matt got up off the bed, opened the wardrobe and took out his suitcase and began packing his things.

Caravan Park

Bobby flushed the toilet then made her way back to her room. She had not slept, she was tired but not because she had not slept, she was tired because of the roller coaster she was on with Frank. Just as Bobby was about to enter her room, she saw a piece of paper on the floor and bent down and picked it up. She closed the bedroom door quietly then sat down on her bed and turned on the light on the side table

“Roberta

I love you….forever

Frank”

Bobby sighed then put the note on her chest and remembered that she had told Frank not to say  that he loved her then she also remembered the conversation she had with Floss who said she had to make decisions with her heart, she sighed....she didn’t know what to do then she thought about this evening and smiled. She looked at the note once more then wiped her face then folded the note and walked over to her box, opened the box and put it in. Next she walked over to the chair, took off her t shirt, put on her pyjamas and the oversized sweatshirt. She walked over to the night stand and picked up her keys and put them in her pocket and slowly opened the door and closed it behind her. Bobby slowly went downstairs and into the pantry and picked up the spare key to Franks van. She opened the front door and slowly closed it behind her, put the hood on and walked to Franks van. When she got to the van she took a deep breath, she didn’t know if Frank would be happy to see her or if he would be made that she locked him out of the room. Bobby sighed then slowly opened the van door. Frank lifted his head up and in the moonlight saw it was Bobby. He watched as she took off her sweater then slowly crawled into the bed and lay behind him. Frank lifted himself up so that Bobby could wrap her legs and arms around him. Frank kissed Bobby’s arm and Bobby kissed the back of Frank’s neck and shortly both drifted off into a peaceful sleep.

Stewart Sr Residence- Summer Bay

Celia looks at the lists she had been making, there was so much she had to do if she was going to be Mrs Alex Jones, the Reverends wife. Celia looked at the clock on the wall, she didn’t realize it was so late. She turned over her notepad and signed “Mrs Jones” and smiled to herself. She was finally going to be married and to a man she loved very much. Celia put the notepad on the table turned off the light and walked to her bedroom.

Background Music ends

Chapter 93

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

Frank opened his eyes, with his free hand, he rubbed his eye then ruffled his hair. He looked in front of him, Bobby was asleep. He never expected her to turn up last night, not after she saw Megan leaving his van. Frank leaned over and turned the radio on

I hear your name whispered on the wind
It's a sound that makes me cry
I hear a song blow again and again
Through my mind and I don't know why
I wish I didn't feel so strong about you
Like happiness and love revolve around you

Trying to catch your heart
Is like trying to catch a star
So many people love you baby
That must be what you are

Waiting for a star to fall
And carry your heart into my arms
That's where you belong
In my arms baby, yeah

As the song played in the background, Frank wrapped himself tight behind Bobby then began to kiss the back of her neck. He felt safe, calm and very connected to her and she didn’t need to tell him that she felt the same because he could feel it. Bobby began to wake up, she smiled to herself as she could feel Frank wrapped around her and kissing her neck. She felt safe with him and she loved him very much

“Good Morning” Frank whispered in her Bobby’s ear then kissed it

“Good Morning” Bobby said and smiled to herself

“I wasn’t expecting you to come back last night” Frank said. Bobby didn’t respond, she bent her head forward and kissed Frank’s hand

“Let’s talk about last night, I need to explain” Frank said as he leaned over and tuned the radio down a little

“No, Frank…you owe me no explanations” Bobby said as she felt herself wanting to cry

“Yes I do, nothing happened” Frank said. Bobby turned around to look at Frank

“Frank you belong to Roo, If you want to see other people, I have no right to say anything” Bobby said

“So you are saying I have no right to say you can’t see anybody else?” Frank said

“No…I didn’t say that, let’s not fight, please” Bobby said. Frank kissed her forehead

“I couldn’t sleep without you” Frank said

“Same” Bobby said then she hugged Frank tight

“What are you doing today?” Frank said

“I have an appointment at the hospital, I was supposed to get the first stiches out but since I got new stiches, they want me to keep the appointment and check how I am healing. Carly is working today so I want to go to the Yabbie Creek then maybe go to the diner and look at the schedule for the week, what are you doing today?” Bobby said.

“Taking the kids to school then I need to get a piece to fix the pipe in the laundry, take my tux back  and I am taking Chris and Pippa out for a picnic on the beach” Frank said

“Do you want me to make you some food? I can go to the diner before my appointment and get some stuff together” Bobby said as she sat up

“No, don’t worry, I can put two pieces of bread together” Frank said then laughed

“Come on,  I have a new idea for sandwiches I want to try out” Bobby said

“Ok” Frank said and gently shook Bobby, she smiled. She really enjoyed cooking for Frank

“I think it’s cute Chris calling you Dada” Bobby said as she laid back down and looked up at Frank

“Yeah…it’s a shame that he will never remember Tom and it’s an honour that Chris feels close to me to call me that” Frank said

“You make a great dad to him” Bobby said then she looked down thinking about the baby they were planning

“Hey, let’s leave tonight, so we can wake up together tomorrow properly and you don’t have to sneak off” Frank said

“Frank, how am I going to do that? We both can’t leave, it would be too obvious” Bobby said and Frank sighed

“I will think of something,” Frank said

“Let’s not risk it, we still have tonight and tomorrow together” Bobby said and Frank got out of bed and went over to the guitar

Bobby sat up in the bed and crossed her legs

“I wrote you a song” Frank said and picked up the guitar

“Don’t play it yet…wait until tomorrow” Bobby said with a smile

“Are you sure?” Frank said and Bobby nodded her head. Frank put the guitar down and rolled himself back into bed and began tickling Bobby’s feet. Bobby started giggling then she turned over and put her head down in the pillow. Frank crawled on top of her. Bobby turned her head to the side “Frank stop” she said and kept laughing

“Tell me you love me” Frank said and kept tickling Bobby

“Ok, I love you…” Bobby said and Frank stopped and sighed

“What’s wrong?” Bobby said

“Nothing” Frank said…he lied, he was thinking that in 4 days, he would be back home, back to his life…back to his wife

“I need to get going” Bobby said as she attempted to get up

“Not before you really say good morning” Frank said as he pinned her to the bed

“Frank…I think we should wait until tomorrow, I want our last time together to be special” Bobby said as she looked at Frank

“It’s always special” Frank said looking confused

“I know, I just want us to wait….please” Bobby said. Frank looked into Bobby’s eyes, they melted his heart

“ok…its going to be hard waiting” Frank said

“I know but it will be special…thank you” Bobby said then she kissed Frank on the healing cut above his eye

“I love you Frank…please never forget” Bobby said

“Ill never forget” Frank said as Bobby got up from the bed, walked over to the chair, put her oversized sweater on, turned back to look at Frank, blinked her eyes and slowly opened the door and closed it behind her

Bobby put her hands in her pocket as she made her way to the house

“G’day Bobby” Bobby turned around to see Megan smiling. She hoped that Megan didn’t see her coming out of Franks van

“Hi” Bobby said

“Just going to catch some waves before work” Megan said as Bobby smiled

“Have a good day” Bobby said and she began to walk away

“You too” Megan said and turned around. As Bobby walked towards the house, she heard a faint knock…when she turned around, Megan was knocking on Franks van door. Bobby’s heart broke a little bit but she kept looking at the door

Frank heard the knock on the door. He looked at the clock, maybe Bobby was coming back, he smiled to himself and went to the door but felt he needed to look out of the window first, he opened the curtain slightly and saw Megan, she was not looking in the direction of the window, Frank sighed and slowly walked back to his bed and pretended he never heard

Bobby watched as Megan knocked once more and Frank didn’t open, she sighed. She watched as Megan walked away then looked up  and said “Thank you” and smiled and quietly snuck inside the house.

Wilson Residence-Summer Bay

Matt washed the plate and put it away then walked into the living room and looked around. When he moved back to Summer Bay he was hoping he would stay, getting close to Carly, he thought they had a future. Matt picked up his bags and looked around. He had to go and see Mrs Stewart and tell her he was leaving. He chose to tell her instead of going to see Bobby, he didn’t want to bump into Carly. Matt walked towards the door, opened it, closed the door and locked it on his way to give the key to the landlord

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Come on Sally” Pippa said as she stood by the stairs then walked over to the kitchen as Frank came down the stairs.

“Ill take Sal to school, I need to return my tux and get the piece for the pipe” Frank said as he walked towards Christopher’s high chair and kissed his head

“Ok”

“Pippa, Don’t forget, we have a date today” Frank said as Christopher smiled at him

“Can I come?” Steve said as he ate his cereal

“To where?” Frank said

“Lift to school” Steve said

“Sure, I’m just going to get my tux from the van” Frank said as he walked to the van

Martin looked up at the ceiling, he didn’t sleep much, he had never felt this way about a woman and is disappointed that Frank betrayed him. He got up and walked to the kitchen. Lance had gone to work, he opened the fridge, he didn’t feel like eating or drinking anything, he was still mad at Frank. He closed the fridge and headed to the door, he need some fresh air

Frank Picked up the tuxedo jacket and pants, he was annoyed that he had to return them back to the store and have a run in with Danielle. Frank smiled to himself….he was going to see if Bobby would take the suit back. Frank walked to the door, opened his van and closed it behind him. As he began to walk he saw Martin and waited for him to catch up…

“G’day” Frank said as Martin caught up to him. Martin ignored him

“Martin?” Frank said as he walked behind Martin. Martin ignored him. Frank grabbed Martins arm and Martin shrugged him off

“I thought you were a mate” Martin said

“Excuse me?” Frank said

“You heard me” Martin said

“What’s this about?” Frank said

“You and Megan” Martin said as he began walking

“What are you talking about?” Frank said

“You don’t even have the guts to admit it” Martin said

“Admit what? I don’t even know what you are talking about it” Frank said as Steve, Bobby and Sally came out of the house

“Admit that you were jealous of Megan being keen on me and decided to have her for yourself” Martin said

“What? Mate I am married, why do I need to look at other women?” Frank said then he looked at Bobby

“Frank don’t lie, I saw her coming out of your van last night and she kissed you” Martin said

“She heard me playing my guitar and knocked on the door, she told me that she was waiting for you. She didn’t know that I was in the van” Frank said

“You are full of it, get lost” Martin said as he walked off. Frank sighed and went to grab Martins arm again and he turned around and punched Frank. Sally and Bobby gasped and Sally ran over to Frank who was on the floor

“GET LOST” Martin said then he looked at Bobby and Steve and walked off

“Frank are you ok?” Sally said as she hugged Frank

“I’m ok Sal” Frank said as he moved his jaw and picked up the tuxedo from the floor

“Let’s go” Frank said as he walked towards the car. Bobby walked over to Frank just before he opened the car door

“Are you ok?” Bobby said as she touched Franks face

“Yeah…can you take the tux back for me?” Frank said

“ok…Im going to the diner,  you can pick up the picnic food later” Bobby said as she smiled

“Ok” Frank said with a smile then mouthed “I love you” to Bobby and she smiled “I love you” Bobby mouthed and walked to her car looking at Martin as he walked away.

Chapter 94

Stewart Residence-Summer Bay

Emotional background music

“Oh G’day Matt” Alf said as he opened the front door, holding Duncan

“G’day Mr Stewart, is Mrs Stewart home? Matt said

“Yes, just go through..”LOVE, ITS MATT, ILL SEE YOU LATER” Alf Said then he nodded at Matt and closed the front door behind him

Ailsa wiped her hands ask she walked into the living room

“Hello Matt, how are you?” Ailsa said pointing to Matt to take a seat on the couch. Matt sat down on the couch, Ailsa sat opposite him

Matt sighed “Thank you for giving me an opportunity at the Diner but I am leaving Summer Bay” Matt said

“Oh, thats sudden, you just got back” Ailsa said

“Yeah, sorry. Something has come up and I am going back to the City”Matt said sounding diasspointed

“Ok, well, I am sorry to see you go but I hope everything works out” Ailsa said/, She knew why Matt was leaving but she didn’t want to bring it up

“Thanks, I better get going” Matt said as he stood up then reached into his back pocket

“Can you please give these letters to Frank and Carly?” Matt said as he put his hands out

“I will” Ailsa said as she took the letters

“Please tell Bobby that I am sorry” Matt said

“Don’t be, I am sure she will understand” Ailsa said as she walked behind Matt as he walked to the door

“Thanks Mrs Stewart” Matt said

“Take care” Ailsa said as Matt opened the door and stepped out

“Thanks” Matt said and smiled and walked towards his car

Emotional background music ends

Summer Bay High School-Summer Bay

Megan exhaled and closed the door of her car and locked it and began walking fast to the entrance of the school. She looked down at the bag she was holding, she hoped she had everything she needed. A drip of water dropped to the back of her neck. Her hair was wet after the quick shower and surfing she did this morning. Something she regrets because Mr Fisher said she had to be at school at 8:00 for a meeting. Megan was hoping she could convince Frank to go with her but he must not be an earlier riser, she hoped she would see him later and smiled to herself.  As Megan walked faster, she looked at her watch, 8:28am, she was late on her first day.

Bayside Diner-Summer Bay

“Who is that for?” Carly said as she put an empty plate in the sink. She stood next to the table as she watched Bobby mixing some ingredients in a bowl

“Frank is taking Pippa and Christopher out for a picnic, I offered to make the food. Left to Frank they would have jam sandwiches” Bobby said with a smile as she picked up a spoon, put some of her mixture on a spoon and gave it to Carly to taste

“Mmmm, that is really good” Carly said nodding. Bobby smiled then went to the fridge, took out things to make a salad and put them on the table as Ailsa walked into the kitchen

“Morning” Ailsa said, Bobby looked up then back at what she was doing

“Morning” Bobby said

“Morning Mrs Stewart” Carly said

“Carly, we have a full time opening here if you are interested” Ailsa said

“Yes, I am, thank you” Carly said looking at Bobby

“When did that happen?” Bobby said

“This morning, Matt came to see me, he said he is going back to the city” Ailsa said

Carly’s stomach dropped when she heard that

“Did he said why?” Bobby said looking at Carly

“No, but he asked me to give you this letter” Ailsa said then she opened her bag and took out the letter and gave it to Carly. Carly smiled then took the letter and, folded it and put it in her pocket then went out to the counter.

“That was sudden” Bobby said looking at Ailsa

“Hmm, Matt said something came up and he had to leave” Ailsa said then she looked down at what Bobby was doing

“What is that?” Ailsa said

“A special order, Frank is taking Pippa and Chris out for a picnic and I wanted to do something nice for her” Bobby said as Ailsa nodded

“Matt said to say he is sorry about leaving us” Ailsa said as she opened the fridge and took out some milk

“I guess he had no choice…..we have Carly full time and Lance,. Just to let you know, at the cocktail party the general manager of the Sands Resort, offered me a catering director opportunity, I dont know what its about, but Brett said it will be a good idea to be associated with the Sands since they have a really good reputation. I am going to speak to him today and see what its about” Bobby said

“Bobby that is wonderful” Ailsa said

“Thanks, I don’t know what its about, hopefully I wont have to leave here but I need to take some chances in my life” Bobby said with a smile

“I agree,…I am happy for you. So what about Brett?” Ailsa said

“What about him?” Bobby said

“Are you two an item?” Ailsa said

“No but he gave me some really good advice and is encouraging me to go to Uni, he has been a good mate” Bobby said as she went to the oven to check on the cake she is baking

“I am going into the city tomorrow to check out the Uni, see what courses are available and maybe put in my application” Bobby said as she walked back to the table

“Ok, maybe when things settle, we came have dinner…I feel like I have not seen you for a while and I owe Frank a big thank you meal for saving my life” Ailsa said

“I am sorry again about all that, I didn’t expect Danny to be that bad” Bobby said

“Its not your fault, I hope he gets the help that he needs…sorry things didn’t work out” Ailsa said

“Maybe it was a blessing in disguise” Bobby said as she smiled to herself and thought about Frank and how her and Frank because she stayed in Summer Bay.

Summer Bay High school- Summer Bay

“Being late on your first day does not make a good impression” Donald said as he looked at Megan

“Sorry Mr Fisher, it wont happen again” Megan said

“It better not, here is your class schedule for the week, let me show you to your first class” Donald said looking annoyed as Megan followed him out of the staff room down the hall into a classroom where all the students jumped into a seat when Mr Fisher entered the room

“Ms Woods, this is your Year 11 Maths class, class this is Ms Woods, she is your supply teacher this week. The students looked at Megan, the boys smiling because she is beautiful, Steve waved and Megan nodded at him

“Ill leave you to it” Donald said then he walked out of the class

Manhattan-New York

“I didn’t know that Manhattan is so beautiful, thank you for the tour” Roo said as her and Donavan walked in Bryant Park with their coffees. They had spent most of the day touring Manhattan, this made Roo fall more in love with New York.

“You’re welcome, I went to graduate school here so I know the City pretty well” Donavan said as he pointed to an empty bench and they sat on it. Roo put her head on Donavan’s shoulder

“What time is your flight?” Roo said

“1 am” Donavan said

“This weekend has gone by really fast” Roo said

“Hmm” Donavan said then sipped his coffee. He really liked Roo, there was something about her that was different to the other women he had dated in the past.

“I am going to tell Nancy to ask another PR exec to work on the campaign with her” Roo said and she sat up and looked at Donavan

“I understand” Donavan said

“Frank and I have been through a lot, we came here to get away from Australia and have a new life, as much as I have feelings for you, I have to try, I am all he has” Roo said

“You don’t have to explain, I didn’t ask you for any commitment, we are just two friends who enjoyed each other’s company this weekend” Donavan said

“Thank you…maybe one day…one day if things change…” Roo was interrupted as Donavan leaned forward and kissed her

“Lets go, I have a few more places to show you ” Donavan said with a smile and Roo smiled back.

Summer Bay

Bobby looked at her watch, she had time to drop off Frank’s suit before her appointment. She turned left then drove a short while until she parked outside the Tuxedo rental store. Bobby reached into the back seat, took out the suit, got out of the car and walked towards the store as Martin was coming out

“Hi” Bobby said

“G’day” Martin said looking upset

“About what happened earlier” Bobby said

“What about it?” Martin said

“Nothing happened between Frank and Megan” Bobby said

“Did he send you to come and do his dirty work, how can you stick up for the bloke after the way he treated you” Martin said as Bobby sighed

“No he didn’t send me” Bobby said

“How do you know? Why should I believe you?” Martin said

“Because he is your mate and has never done anything like this before” Bobby said as Martin sighed and started thinking

“Yeah, he is a mate, always been a good mate” Martin said

“Exactly” Bobby said

“I just lost it when I saw Megan coming out of the van, you know…I have never felt this way about another woman, I stood her up last night” Martin said

“Well you better make it up to her but don’t blame Frank because he didn’t do anything wrong” Bobby said

“Thanks Bobby, you’re a real mate” Martin said as Bobby smiled and turned around to walk towards the shop. When Bobby opened the door, she rolled her eyes, Danielle was at the counter

“Hello Bobby, I wasn’t expecting to see you in here” Danielle said and Bobby smiled

“Retuning Frank’s tuxedo” Bobby said as she put the tuxedo on the counter

“Why didn’t Frank come himself? I really enjoyed his visits” Danielle said with a smile

“Ask his secretary” Bobby said and she turned around to walk away

“Ah yes, his new wife…If I was married to Frank, I would’ve treated him like a king…must be sad to know that you failed as a wife and he went back to your cousin” Danielle said with a smile in her face as Bobby turned around

“At least I can say I was married to him, made love to him,…something you can only dream about” Bobby said with a smile then turned around and walked out of the shop.

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Ouch” Frank said then shook his hand

“Are you alright?” Pippa said as she came into the laundry with Christopher behind her

“Yeah, just got my finger caught in this piece” Frank said then got up off the floor and turned the tap on “Fixed” Frank said with a smile

“Fixed” Christopher said and  grabbed Franks leg and Pippa smiled

“Knock on the door”

Pippa walked out of the laundry

Emotional background music

“Good Morning Pippa, can I have a word?” Celia said with a smile on her face

“What about?” Pippa said as Frank came out of the laundry holding Franks hand

“Can we speak privately?” Celia said

“Whatever you want to say, you can say it in front of my son” Pippa said as she opened the door and walked towards the dining table.

Frank looked at Celia. “Good Morning Frank” Celia said

“Celia” Frank said and sat down at the dining table as Christopher ran off to play with his toys

“As a Christian woman, I believe in the power of forgiveness, I also believe that when youhave done something wrong, you are to confess and ask for forgiveness” Celia said

“What is this about?” Pippa said

“I went to see Reverend Alex Jones yesterday, he is someone I knew many years ago and he mentioned that he knows you…and he made me see the error of my ways” Celia said then she put her head down

“Alex and I will probably be married in the future and I wanted to make sure I can be a Reverends wife without any guilt or sin” Celia said as Pippa looked at her surprised, she knew that Alex had been assigned to Summer Bay many years ago but he didn’t know that he knew Celia romantically

“Celia why are you telling me all of this?” Pippa said

Celia sighed “I made the phone calls to the department of children services” Celia said as she looked at Pippa

“WHAT?” Frank said and stood up “DO YOU KNOW WHATYOU HAVE DONE? YOU EVIL OLD BAG” Frank Said really angrily

“I didn’t mean any harm, I am just disappointed that Bobby is chasing you and you are a happily married man” Celia said

“CHASING ME? WE HAD ONE DANCE AND YOU TRIED TO RUIN OUR LIVES” Frank said

“Im sure it was not that bad” Celia said as Pippa exhaled deeply

“Because of your interfering, I had to sign guardianship of Sally and Steven to Frank” Pippa said

“Oh….I am sorry Pippa, I didn’t want things to get that far” Celia said

“Yes you did, that is why you made more than one call. how cruel can you be, what did my family do to you? Do you know what its like to be threatened with the removal of your children?hmm? do you? Pippa said

“No, I don’t but Pippa, I am sorry and I hope you can find a way to forgive me” Celia said as she tried to grab Pippa’s hand

“Don’t touch me…DON’T TOUCH ME, HOW DARE YOU! IF IT WASN’T BECAUSE OF FRANK, MY CHILDREN WOULDVE BEEN TAKEN AWAY, I CANT FORGIVE YOU FOR THAT…GET OUT GET OUT! Pippa said as she began crying. Christopher began crying too and Frank hugged Pippa as she cried into his chest

“You better fix this and fix it right now…..get out…now” Frank said as Celia looked frightened. and quickly left.

“I am sorry Pippa, this is my fault” Frank said

“No Frank its not your fault” Pippa said

“Everything Is going to be fine Pippa, don’t worry, ill make sure everything will be fine” Frank said as he picked up Christopher and comforted his family.

Chapter 95

Summer Bay High School-Summer Bay

“School bell”

“Work on problems 6-14 for your homework and read chapter three before our next class” Megan said as she exhaled and smiled to herself. She watched as the students packed up their stuff and made their way to the door. Some smiled while others ignored her.

“Oh, Steve, can I have a word please” Megan said as Steve approached the door. He stopped walking and waited until the class was empty

“So, how was the class?” Megan said as she smiled at Steve

“Good” Steve said

“Could you tell that it was my first class?” Megan said

“No, not at all” Steve said

“Do you need any help with the homework? Megan said as she touched Steves arm, he looked down at her hand on his arm

“No…I will be fine, I got to go” Steve said and he hurriedly left the room as Megan smiled to herself.

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Come in” Pippa said as she heard the knock on the door. Frank opened the door and slowly walked in with a cup in his hand

“I thought you would like a cup of tea after your nap” Fank said with a smile as Pippa sat up in bed

“Thank you” Pippa said as she took the cup from Frank, took a sip and put the cup down on the table.

Frank sat at the edge of the bed facing Pippa

“Are you ok?” Frank said

“I have always been kind to Celia over the years even though I have wanted to strangle her at times. I never would’ve expected that she would be so cruel and want to break up my family” Pippa said on the verge of tears

“This is my fault, I shouldn’t have danced with Bobby, that’s what this is all about” Frank said

“Alf wants me to go and live at their place until I go, he claims he wants to get to know me but I know its because of what happened at the cocktail party. If it’s going to help the kids stay, ill leave” Frank said

“No Frank, no...” Pippa said and she started crying. Frank leaned forward and hugged Pippa

“I can’t be the reason why Sal and Steve are put in another Foster home, I don’t know what else Celia is capable of saying as long as I am here” Frank said as Pippa hugged him tighter then she leaned back and wiped her face with the back of her hand

“Celia is not going to make any more phonecalls” Pippa said

“How can you be so sure?” Frank said

“She wont” Pippa said remembering that she had an ace card up her sleeve

“What time are we going on our date?” Pippa said with a smile

“I was thinking 1:30 then on our way home, pick up the kids from school and get some milkshakes at the diner” Frank said

“Sounds wonderful” Pippa said

“I just need to pop out for a second” Frank said as he looked at his watch

“Ill be back to get you and Chris at 1:15pm…don’t be late” Frank said as he got up off the bed and smiled

“Pippa smiled and nodded her head as she watched Frank walk out of the room and soon her smiling face turned into an angry one.

Sands Resort-Summer Bay

Bobby turned off the car engine and exhaled. When she called to speak to Mr Haddock, the General Manager, he requested that she come to see him if she had the time. Bobby looked down at her outfit, she didn’t have time to go home and change after the hospital but she was wearing dark demin jeans and a blue semi tight t-shirt and her bag cross body. Her hair was getting longer so she picked up a band from the floor and put her hair up into a high ponytail. She opened the side zip of her bag and pulled out a small lip gloss and put some on her lips, then she put the sun visor down and looked at herself. As she was about to put the sun visor back up, she stopped and looked at herself. She looked different…as she touched her face…her eyes were very bright and her cheeks were pink and for the first time in a long time, Bobby smiled at her reflection, exhaled and got out of the car and locked it. As Bobby made the walk towards the Resort, she saw a familiar person walking towards her.

“Hi Bobby” Allison said

“Rack off” Bobby said as she walked past

“Bobby, wait, I want to talk to you” Allison said and Bobby stopped walking and turned around

“What do you want?” Bobby said

“I am leaving Summer Bay” Allison said

“Bye” Bobby said then turned around

“Wait, please” Allison said then Bobby turned around

“….I never expected that you would be as successful as you are” Allison said as Bobby looked at her

“I thought I would be the one with the gorgeous husband, good career and great life but I cant get anyone to take me serious” Allison said

“So what do you want me to do about it?” Bobby said

“I just want you to know that I have always been jealous of the way that you always get up and move on even when life knocks you down. We have known each other for a long time Bobby and sometimes I wish that we could’ve been friends,  maybe some of your courage would’ve rubbed off on me” Allison said

“Do you know where you are going?” Bobby said

“No, but anywhere is better than here, probably the City” Allison said

“Good luck Allison, I wish you all the best” Bobby said and she put out her hand. Allison smiled and put out her hand to shake Bobby’s hand

“Thank you Bobby…maybe Ill see you around someday” Allison said and Bobby nodded and turned around

“Hey Bobby” Allison said and Bobby turned around

“You look beautiful today” Allison said with a smile

“Thanks” Bobby said with a smiled and she turned around and continued walking in the direction of the Resort.

Bayside Diner- Summer Bay

“Carly”

“Hmmm sorry” Carly said, Frank calling her name brought her back to reality

“Are you ok?” Frank said

“Yeah fine, have you come to pick up the food for the picnic?” Carly said

“Yeah” Frank said

“Ok you better come through, Bobby left a list of instructions” Carly said as Frank followed her to the kitchen

“Oh hello Frank” Ailsa said as she came out of the pantry

“G’day” Frank said

“Oh before I forget, Matt asked me to give you this letter, ill be back” Ailsa said as she walked to the counter, opened the draw and pulled the letter from her purse then walked back to the kitchen and gave it to Frank

“Whats this about?” Frank said looking at the envelope

“Matt came by the house this morning, he has decided to leave Summer Bay” Ailsa said as Frank looked at Carly

“Oh…right…thanks” Frank said as he folded the letter in half and put it in his back pocket then Ailsa went back to the counter

Carly walked into the pantry and brought out the picnic basket that already had some paper plates, plastic spoons and some plastic cups and beaker for Christopher.

“Are you ok” Frank said

“I don’t want to talk about it” Carly said then she opened the fridge and began taking plates out of the fridge

“Who is all that for?” Frank said

“Its for the picnic” Carly said then began packing the food in the basket.

“Bobby said this is dessert” Carly said as she put a white box on top and then put a blanked over it

“Oh, I nearly forgot” Carly said then she opened the fridge again and pulled out a jug filled with juice and ice cubes. She made sure the top was secure then put it inside the basket

“Thanks, we were going to pick up the kids after school and come by and have milkshakes but im not sure if we can manage after all this” Frank said as he picked up the basket

“Please come” Carly said

“Ok, see you later” Frank said with a smile as he left the kitchen

As Frank walked out of the diner, he bumped into Martin, they looked at each other than Frank walked around him

“Hey Frankie” Martin said then Frank turned around

“What, you going to deck me again?” Frank said with an annoyed look on his face

“Look, I am sorry about this morning…I should’ve let you explain…I spoke to Bobby and she made me think” Martin said and was interrupted

“You spoke to Bobby about what?” Martin said

“I saw her earlier and she made me realize that you are a mate and would never try and go behind my back” Martin said’

”I was trying to tell you” Frank said

“I know, but I hve never felt this way about a woman before” Martin said

“So that’s why you stood her up?” Frank said with a laugh

“Seeing her come out of your van, I just lost it” Martin said

“You shouldve believed me” Frank said

“I know, I am sorry…do you want to get some lunch, my treat” Martin said

“No thanks…I got a date” Frank said as Martin looked confused

“Relax its not Megan, Im taking Pippa and Christopher out” Frank said

“Oh, right…I really screwed things up with Megan” Martin said

“Well now is your chance to make it up” Frank said

“What?” Martin said

“Shes coming” Frank said and pointed to Megan parking her car

“Wish me luck” Martin said

“You will be fine” Frank said and began to walk off

“Hey” Martin said as Frank turned around

“Bobby is a real mate” Martin said

Frank smiled then turned around and thought about the time he was going to spend with Bobby tomorrow

Megan parked her car and got out as Martin walked up to the car door

“Hey, look, I am sorry about last night, something came up” Martin said

“Another woman?” Megan said

“No, never, just some family stuff. I really didn’t mean to stand you up…can I make it up to you?” Martin said

“You can buy me lunch and Ill think about it” Megan said with a smile as they began to walk to the diner

Sands Resort-Summer Bay

“I appreciate you coming in on short notice Bobby” Mr Haddock said

“Thank you for seeing me ” Bobby said with a smile

“I should be thanking you, here is a copy of the current menu we are using, please feel free to change and add. Chef Paul is a great guy and very flexible unless you want to make specific dishes yourself.  By the way, I was wondering, will you be able to supervise the menu for an event we are having tomorrow night?” Mr Haddock said as he handed Bobby the menu

“Tomorrow?” Bobby asked…oh no…tomorrow she was spending the last day with Frank but this was an opportunity that would further her career

“Yes, Brett told me so many great things about you and after speaking with you, you are just the person I have been looking for. I want us to start working together straight away” Mr Haddock said

Bobby didn’t know what to do, she gave up everything once for Frank and giving up this opportunity could mean she will never get another opportunity again

“Phone rings”

“Excuse me” Mr Haddock said then he picked up the receiver

Bobby didn’t know what to do, should she accept the assignment or turn it down and go with Frank?…her heart was beating fast, she felt trapped with no way out…..

Chapter 96

Manhattan-New York

Donavan looked back at Roo as he buttoned his shirt, she smiled and pulled the blanket under her chin. He stood up and walked over to the dressing table and picked up his watch and and put it on.

“I guess I need to get up and get going?” Roo said as she pulled the blanket back and sat up in the bed. Donavan picked up a robe and handed it to Roo

“The room is paid for until tomorrow morning, you don’t need to rush, hang out here and leave in the morning.  Donavan said as he put his jacket on

Roo stood up and walked over to Donavan and put her hands around his face and kissed him passionately

“I really enjoyed myself this weekend, thank you for everything” Roo said as she put her arms around Donavan

“You’re welcome” Donavan said as he looked at Roo

“I guess this is goodbye” Donavan said. Roo smiled at him

“Yes…” Roo said and kissed Donavan

“I got to go” Donavan said as he pulled away and kissed Roo on the forehead then winked at her. He walked over to the door, picked up his bags, opened the door and left. Roo walked back over to the bed and fell backwards and smiled to herself then that smiled turned into sadness when she remembered that in the next few days she was going to have an abortion and…Frank was coming home. Roo sighed and looked at the ceiling

Beach-Summer Bay

Pippa laughed as Christopher attempted to push all the sandwich in his mouth

“My daughter is an amazing cook” Pippa said as she bit into her sandwich. Frank smiled then sipped some of his fruit juice. Pippa was right, Bobby is an amazing cook, any time she cooked for him, he always tasted the love and today was no different

“Thank you for bringing us out to lunch” Pippa said

“You’re welcome, I wish I could spend more time with you” Frank said then looked down. He had really missed Pippa, he was really upset that her and Tom didn’t come to his wedding to Roo

“Dada” Christopher said and he gave Frank half of his sandwich

“For me? Thanks Chris” Frank said and put the sandwich in his mouth as Christopher laughed

“He has gotten so used to you” Pippa said as Christopher put his head on Franks lap

“Yeah, I am going to miss him but hopefully you come and visit” Frank said as Pippa smiled

“As long as it will be ok with Roo” Pippa said

“Why wouldn’t it be?” Frank said as Pippa looked at him

“Thank you again for coming home…we all needed you here” Pippa said as Frank looked at her

“You mean Bobby” Frank said and smiled

“Yes, for the first time in a very long time, she has hope in her eyes” Pippa said and Frank smiled

“I hope everything works out for her” Frank said “I am a bit concerned about Carly though” Frank said as he took the dessert box out of the picnic basket and opened it

“Wow, what is that?” Pippa said surprised

“Carly said Bobby is testing out a new dessert recipe” Frank said and cut Pippa a slice of cheesecake a small slice for Christopher and a slice for himself.

“Hmmmmm” Pippa said “This is amazing”

“Hmmmmm” Christopher said and Pippa laughed

Frank used his fork to cut some of the cheesecake and put it in his mouth, it tasted heavenly

“Ive tasted Bobby’s cooking several times but today has been absolutely delicious” Pippa said as she ate more of the cheesecake

“Yeah, it does taste really good” Frank said as he took the last bite of cheesecake

“You mentioned something about Carly?” Pippa said as Frank drank his fruit juice

“Yeah, I am going to tell you something but I hope this can stay between us until you hear otherwise” Frank said

“Of course” Pippa said looking concerned

Sands Resort- Summer Bay

Bobby sighed and put her head down., she was being put in the same situation like she was over a year ago…

“Follow your heart” Bobby looked up, Mr Haddock was still on the phone, he put one hand up to indicate he would be finishing soon. Bobby smiled. She thought she heard him say something. She could her him finishing up his conversation and her heart started beating fast, she didn’t know what to do

“Follow your heart” Bobby heard again then she started feeling very strange, like she had butterflies in her stomach then she exhaled and smiled to herself as Mr Haddock put the phone down

“Mr Haddock, I appreciate the opportunity but unfortunately, tomorrow, I have some pre arranged plans that I cannot get out of” Bobby said, her heart was beating…she made her choice again…she chose Frank over her own life, she was now going to wait for the consequence’s…Mr Haddock probably telling her he is no longer interested

“Oh I am sorry, I should’ve thought that this was very short notice for you. I don’t want to disrupt your plans but I really need your help on the menus, would you be able to supervise the menu and get it ready today?” Mr Haddock said

Bobby breathed a sigh of relief

“Yes, sure, I have some time today, I can do that” Bobby said with a smile

“Wonderful, let me take you down and introduce you to everybody and hopefully you can get started” Mr Haddock said as he got up and put his hand out, Bobby shook his hand and smiled

“Thank you” Bobby said as Mr Haddock made his way to the office door. Bobby looked out of the window and up into the sky “Thank you” she said silently and smiled and followed Mr Haddock out of the office.

Bayside Diner-Summer Bay

“It’s a bit quiet, do you want to take your break now? Lance and I can manage” Ailsa said to Carly

“Thanks” Carly said then she went to the fridge, took out her sandwich and juice and walked towards the beach. She walked over to the rocks and sat in a secluded spot…the same spot that her and Matt were together. Carly sat down out her food next to her then reached into her pocket and took Matts letter out

Background Music-Carly’s theme

“Dear Carly,

If you are reading this, it means I have left Summer Bay and I probably wont be back. Ive made a mess of my life  but I have to face my responsibilities and that means walking away from you. I heard you when you said you loved me, I feel the same way but my foolish pride stopped me for telling you how I really feel. You will probably hear about it but I want you to hear it from me, while I was in the City, I was a relationship with Barbra Stewart and she recently told me that we are expecting a baby. This is something I never expected because when I went to the City, I broke it off with her and told her I was with someone I liked very much. I am sorry Carly. I hope that you can forgive me and find someone who will treat you well and make you happy.

I love you

Matt

Carly sighed as she read the letter, then she wiped her face. “Great” she said and put the letter down and wiped her face. For once she thought that things were going to work out for her..of all the guys she dated, she always went back to Matt and this time she thought they would be together permanently.

“When will it be my turn?” Carly said on the verge of tears then wiped her face

“Its not over” Carly turned around, she thought she heard someone say something but there was nobody around. She shook her head then slowly laid back on the sand and let the tears fall

Background music ends

Stewart Sr Residence-Summer Bay

Emotional Background music

Celia put the phone, she tried to call Alex to tell him that she did the right thing, she confessed to Pippa so she is ready to be Mrs Jones. Celia picked up the phone and tried the number to the Clergy house again. The phone rang several times but still no response. Celia looked at her watch, she recalled that Alex said he would be home at this time to wait for her call. Celia put the phone down and wet to writing out the guest lists for the wedding

Clergy House- Newcastle

The phone stopped ring, Reverend Jones looked at it then walked into the living room and sat down and sighed. For some reason, Celia had got it into her head that they were going to be more than friends.  Reverend Jones leaned forward and picked up the photo on the table and looked at it, he smiled. There was only one woman that he loved and as if by a miracle, she was back in his life again…a second chance. Reverend Jones smiled to himself and nodded…”yes, a second chance” he smiled to himself again…

Background Music ends

Summer Bay High- Summer Bay

Sally smiled as she saw Frank at the door. When Mrs Patterson said the class could leave, she ran over and hugged him

“Hi” Frank said as he smiled then they began walking towards outside

“Is Bobby in the car?” Sally said

“No, why?” Frank said

“I just like when you me and Bobby go out” Sally said

“Maybe she is at the diner, we are going to wait for Steve and go over there for milkshakes” Frank said, Sally didn’t respond. Frank looked at Sally then stopped walking and bent down

“Whats wrong Sal? Frank said

“Nothing” Sally said

“Sal” Frank said, Sally didn’t respond, she just hugged Frank until he pulled away

“Feel better?” Frank said, Sally nodded

“Ok, lets go and wait for Steve” Frank said and Sally smiled

Steve took out the books he needed for his homework and put one away and closed his locker and made his way to the exit as he got there, he saw Ms Woods at her car then he saw Frank and rushed over to the car.

“Hi Steve” Megan said as she caught Steve rushing by

“Hi” Steve said as Megan followed Steve to the car.

“Hi Frank” Megan said as she got to the car

“Hi” Frank said as Steve looked at him

“I came by this morning to see if I can change your mind about the surfing lesson”  Megan said with a smile

“Sorry, not a surfer” Frank said with a smile as Steve watched

“That’s a shame, " Megan said as she touched Franks arm

“We have to go, see you later” Frank said

"See you at home" Megan said as she smiled and waved

“What was that about?” Pippa said as Steve and Frank got into the car

“All the women love Frank” Steve said. Frank looked at him through the mirror with an annoyed look on his face while Steve smiled.

Chapter 97

Wilson Residence- The City

Matt sighed and closed the car door. He just told his parents about Barbra and the baby. As he expected, they were not happy considering they know Barbra Stewart. He didn’t want to continue hearing from them how much of a mess he had made of his life so he left. Right now he wished he could go and get drunk but he had a new responsibility coming, he had to be a man so he exhaled, started the car and headed off to his new life.

Bayside Diner-Summer Bay

“Are you going to buy anything else?” Carly said, Martin ignored her

“Martin, are you going to buy anything else?” Carly said a bit louder

“What? Sorry Carl’s, I was miles away” Martin said

“Are you going to buy anything else? You have been sitting here for over an hour taking up the table” Carly said

“Oh, right, sorry…can I have the bill please” Martin said and smiled at Carly as she put the bill on the table and walked away

“What flavour are you going to get Sal?” Steve said as they got out of the car

“I don’t know” Sally said and she went to hold Franks hand. Frank put the keys in his pocket and felt the letter he got earlier

“Go in and order, Ill be there in a minute” Frank said as Sally still held his hand. Frank looked down at her and smiled then sat on a chair outside the diner and while Sally hugged him, frank read the letter

“Dear Frank

If you are reading this then I have left Summer Bay and I won’t be coming back. I just wanted to say thank you for being a good mate, listening to me and not judging me. I really needed a big brother the last few days and I am glad that you were around. I am sorry I hurt Carly, I never meant to, please explain to her that I love her but I have to go and take care of my responsibilities. If its ok, I will get your number from Barbra, I am sure she knows how to get in touch with Roo and I am sure I will need your shoulder as life changes for me.

Thanks for everything

Matt

Frank sighed, he knew how Matt was feeling, he loved one woman but had responsibilities with another.

“Who wrote you a letter?” Sally said

“Matt” Frank said as he put the letter in his pocket

“Why is Matt writing you a letter?” Sally said

“He has moved away and just wanted to say bye” Frank said

“Carly is going to be sad” Sally said with a sad look on her face

“She will be fine, when I go, you can take care of her right?” Franks said

Sally didn’t say anything, she just hugged Frank

“Lets go and get some milkshakes” Frank said then kissed Sally’s cheek and they walked into the diner,

Sands Resort-Summer Bay

“Hmmmm, mmm, I must say, this is wonderful” Chef Paul said as he put more trifle in his mouth

“What is this called?” Chef Paul said as he put large amounts of trifle in his mouth. Bobby smiled to herself

“I don’t have a name for it, its just a dessert I made once for my ex Husband and we decided to try it in the Diner I co-own and its now one of our popular desserts” Bobby said

“The Bayside diner?” A voice from behind Chef Paul said

“Yes” Bobby said as she smiled shyly

“One of the best sandwiches I have ever eaten is from there, Hi, I am Jonathan, I am the Banquet Manager” Jonathan said as he put his hand out for Bobby to shake. He had seen her before at the Cocktail Party and thought she was stunning

Bobby smiled and put her hand out to shake “Hi, I am Bobby, the new Catering Director” Bobby said, she felt butterflies in her stomach when she said that

“So you and I will be working closely together” Jonathan said with a smile

“The sandwich you ate, was it by any chance a toasted sandwich?” Bobby said

“Yes…how did you know” Jonathan said

“Its our most popular item on the menu” Bobby said

“It really is amazing…I hope you can make it here” Jonathan said as Bobby smiled

“Taste this” Chef Paul said as he reached for a plate and put some trifle on it for Jonathan. Jonathan took the plate, picked up a spoon and tasted.

“Wow..what is this?” Jonathan said between chews

“Bobby made this, its going on the menu for tomorrow” Chef Paul said as he ate more

“I look forward to everything you are going to suggest, nice to meet you” Jonathan sad with a smile and left the kitchen while still eating. Bobby watched him walk away…he was nice looking, he had dark hair and olive skin like Frank but he had green eyes..Bobbys thoughts were interrupted

“So I have the recipe for the trifle, I suggest you think of a name for it if you don’t mind, the Resort are very big on giving names to food” Chef Paul said

“Ok…I know it sounds stupid but how about the forever desert?” Bobby suggested unsure

“Hmm” Chef Paul said as he ate more of the trifle

“Yes, because it will make you want to eat it forever” Chef Paul said as he laughed. Bobby smiled

“Ok we have dessert, lets work on the main course” Chef Paul said

Bayside Diner- Summer Bay

“Ive had a great afternoon” Pippa said as she put her head on Franks shoulder Frank smiled then looked at Christopher who had made a mess of his face while enjoying his milkshake. Frank picked up a napkin and wiped his face

“Where is Bobby?” Steve said as Carly walked over to the table and put a milkshake in front of Sally

“Not sure, she left like 5 hours ago” Carly said then walked away

“Ill be back in a minute: Frank said then he followed Carly into the kitchen

“Are you ok?” Frank said as Carly struggled to hold in her tears then let them out. Frank hugged her as she cried

“Frank, I was really coming around to the idea that Matt might be the one” Carly said then picked up a napkin from the table and wiped her face

“Everything will be alright, you will find someone” Frank said

“When? Nothing goes right for me” Carly said and walked over to the sink and began washing the dishes

“Hi Carly” Frank and Carly turned around to see Ben standing at the counter. Carly wiped her hands and walked to the counter, Frank walked behind her. Frank and Ben were looking at each other

“Hi” Carly said to Ben but she noticed he ws looking at Frank

“This is my brother Frank, Frank this is Ben, we went out yesterday” Carly said

“Oh right” Ben said and put his hand out. Frank looked at Ben suspiciously and shook his hand then walked back over to the booth to join his family.

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

Megan knocked at the van door and waited. She attempted to look through the winder but she was too short

“Can I help you love?” Megan turned around to see a woman looking out of the window of a funny looking van

“I was just looking for Frank, I am Megan, I just moved into the van, My light went out and I went by the house and no one is there” Megan said smiling

“Oh right….they will be back soon” Floss said

“Thanks” Megan said and walked towards her car. Martin gave her the direction to the local store so she wanted to get some things and try Frank later on.

Bayside Diner-Summer Bay

Carly watched as Ben ate his sandwich, he apologized for driving off yesterday and wanted another chance

“So do I get another chance?” Ben said after he wiped his mouth. Carly looked at him, she had nothing to lose

“Sure, but I am busy this week, family stuff” Carly said

“Im headed back home tonight, how about next weekend? Can I have your number?” Ben said

“Sure” Carly said and she picked up a pen and paper and gave Ben her number….

Stewart Store-Summer Bay

Alf look at invoice, he had to calculate the amount since half of the the wholesale order is for the diner. Alf heard the door of the store open and in walked a woman he didn’t recognize

“G’day, how can I help you?” Alf said as the woman walked towards the counter

“Hi, I just moved into the area and wanted to get a few things, my name is Megan” Megan said

“Well welcome to Summer Bay, my name is Alf Stewart” Alf said and he put his hand out and Megan smiled and shook his hand

“What brings you to Summer Bay? Alf said

“I just got my first teaching job, well it’s a supply teaching job at the highschool” Megan said

“Oh right, where are you staying: Alf said as Megan picked p a basket

“At the caravan park for now, and if Mr Fisher likes me, I hope to get a permanent place” Megan said as she opened the fridge and picke dup some milk

“Ahh, that is a great place, my son in laws family are the owners” Alf said

“Your son in law?” Megan said turning around

“Yes, Frank is married to my daughter Ruth they live in New York” Alf said with a smile. Megan smiled then continued looking around the store

“Let me know if you need any help” Alf said

“Thanks” Megan said as she walked around the store as her smile disappeared.

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

Bobby turned the engine off, she was tired. She had spent most of the afternoon at the Sands resort then went to the Yabbie Creek to get a few things for tomorrow. Bobby looked at her watch, it was 8:30, she didn’t realize it was so late. She got out of the car, shut the door and walked towards the house.

“Hi” Pippa said as Bobby came into the house “You have been missing all day, there is some dinner in the stove for you” Pippa said as everyone else was eating desert

“Thanks” Bobby said and put her bags down

“You look tired” Carly  said

“I am, I got a new job at the Sands Resort, Catering Director  so I had to do some things there then I went to the Yabbie Creek” Bobby said as she sat down

“Congratulations” Pippa said

“Thanks, they wanted me to prepare a menu for an event they are having tomorrow” Bobby said and she got up and walked to the kitchen

“Knock at the door”

“Ill get it” Bobby said and she walked to the door

“Hi Bobby” Megan said

“Hi” Bobby said

“My light is out again, I was wondering if Frank can fix it” Megan said with a smile

Bobby looked at Megan, “I can fix that for you” Bobby said seeing the disappointment in Megan’s face then walked into the kitchen

“Thanks” Megan said forcing a smile.

Bobby picked up the ladder and a light bulb and as she walked towards the door caught Frank’s eye and he winked at her as she followed Megan out of the house.

Chapter 98

Manhattan New York

Roo hurriedly closed the door behind her and dropped her bag on the floor. She has 30 minutes to have a shower and change before rushing to catch the 8:15am train. Roo took her clothes off and throw them on the floor on the way to the bathroom. Roo turned on the shower and picked up a band from the side of the sink and tied her hair back then rushed back to her overnight bag, bent own and opened the side and reached for her toothbrush. Roo rushed back to the backroom and just as she was about to brush her teeth, she got that familiar feeling in her stomach, lifted up the toilet seat and started throwing up. When Roo pretty much emptied the contents of her stomach, she flushed the toilet and sighed. She stood in front of the sink and looked at herself in the mirror. What she said to Donavan is true she thought to herself, she was the only family Frank had and she had to make an effort to make it work…she put her hand on her stomach and sighed.

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Thanks” Megan said as Bobby turned the light on. Bobby smiled to herself, she could tell that Megan was disappointed. Bobby bent down and picked up the ladder, it was heavier than she though and Megan could see her struggling and helped her pick it up

“Thanks” Bobby said

“Are you ok? Why didn’t you left Frank come?” Megan said

“We are all pretty handy around here, I was in an accident so it’s a bit difficult to lift things” Bobby said as walked towards the door

“oh ok, I hope you feel better...” Megan said with a smile

“Thanks, goodnight” Bobby said as she opened the van door, stepped out and left. As Bobby walked to the house, she yawned, for some reason she was really tired today then she smiled to herself, today was one of the best days she has had in a long time, if someone told her a year ago she would be starting a new life with an amazing job she never would’ve believed them. This time last year she was crying herself to sleep, her heart hurt and she didn’t know how she got the strength to get up every day to go to work, now today, she is happy, happier than she thought she could ever be. Before Bobby opened the door, she looked up at the sky and smiled “thank you” she said then opened the door. When Bobby got inside her food was on the table and a drawing of  rose was folded next to it. Bobby smiled as Frank came down the stairs and went to the kitchen . Bobby followed Frank into the kitchen and put the ladder in the pantry.

“Thanks” Bobby said as Frank put the empty cup in the sink. When he turned around Bobby put her hands around his waist and they began kissing passionately. Bobby put Franks arm around her back and she pushed him against the sink.

“Ive missed you all day” Bobby said as she kissed Frank’s neck then yawned

“Me too, I didn’t know where you were” Frank said as he picked up Bobby and sat her on the sink.

“You ok?” Frank said

“Sorry, I am really tired today, I should’ve called” Bobby said as she wrapped her legs around Frank and they continued to kiss

“oh, sorry” Bobby hid her face and Frank turned around to see Steve smiling. “oh no” Bobby whispered. As Steve walked over to the fridge, took out some juice

“i…just wanted to get a drink” Steve said pointing at his juice while still smiling

“Night Frank…night Bobby” Steve said and ran up the stairs smiling.

Bobby and Frank looked at each other

“Sorry, I shouldn’t have done that…are you going to say something to Steve” Bobby said as she unwrapped her legs from around Frank and yawned again.

“No need, Not your fault, I cant wait until tomorrow, all this sneaking around is annoying” Frank said. Bobby smiled at him then Frank helped her off the sink and she walked over to the table and sat down to eat.

“Has everyone gone up to bed?” Bobby said as she put some pie in her mouth.

“Yeah, but Sally is really quiet” Frank said as he pushed his chair right next to Bobby and kissed her neck as she giggled and chewed her food

“Do you think something is going on at school?” Bobby said as Frank put his hand under Bobby’s shirt and caressed her back

“I don’t know, she asked me to take her to school but when I said I am going to be away all day, she got upset” Frank said

“She is going to miss you when you go” Bobby said

“Well tell me not to go and she won’t” Frank said as he kissed Bobby’s neck and started caressing her stomach

Bobby sighed then yawned…she loved this man but couldn’t do what he asked

“Sorry, I am ready tired today” Bobby said ad she put some carrots in her mouth

“Hurry up and lets go to bed” Frank said as he kissed the back of Bobby’s neck

“Frank….you agreed that we were going to wait” Bobby said as she looked at Frank then he leaned back in his chair.

“I know but its really hard” Frank said as he ruffled his hair

“Just a few hours…it will be worth it” Bobby said with a smile then she yawned again

“ok ok I get the hint” Frank said and got up

“Hey” Bobby said and she got up and stood in front of Frank

“No hint, I am just really tired tonight. I have something for you in one of those bags” Bobby said as she pointed to the three bags she left on the floor

“Oh yeah..what is it?” Frank said as he put his arms around Bobby’s neck

“You have to wait and see…let me finish up and pack a bag for tomorrow” Bobby said

“Bring it with you when you come to bed, ill put it in the car..I want us to leave really early tomorrow” Frank said

“How are we going to do this? Pippa will need the car tomorrow, she has an appointment” Bobby said

“We’ll just take your car, everyone knows we are going to the city tomorrow, I’ll ask Steve to mention that I took the bus” Frank said as Bobby looked at him concerned

“Maybe I should stay in the house tonight” Bobby said

“Don’t even think about it… I wont sleep without you” Frank said and kissed Bobby then walked towards the stairs

Bobby sighed then went back and sat at the table…she looked at the food, she wasn’t very hungry, she still had butterflies in her stomach, she was excited and scared for the future, she didn’t know how things would work out but she was just going to do her best to enjoy the process.

Frank lightly tapped on Steve’s door

“Come in” Steve said and Frank opened the door, walked over to his old bed and sat down as Steve smiled at him

“If its about what happened downstairs, Frank you know I would never tell anybody” Steve said as Frank looked at him

“I need you to do me a favour” Frank said

“What?” Steve said

“im leaving early tomorrow, going to the City, ill be away all day” Frank said

“With Bobby?” Steve said with a smile

“If anyone asks, please say I took the bus into the city early because I had to meet someone at the Macklin office” Frank said

“Hmmmm….I cant be sure that I am going to remember especially with my love triangle situation” Steve said

“Steve” Frank said

“Of course I will, anything for my big brother” Steve said with a smile

“Thanks mate, ill see you tomorrow” Frank said and walked towards the door then closed it behind him. As Frank was about to hed to the stairs, he heard crying…he walked up to Sally’s room and stood behind the door and heard her crying. Frank knocked on the door

“Sal..can I come in” Frank said then opened the door. Sally was sitting on her bed crying then she wiped her face as Frank sat next to her on the bed

“Sal what’s wrong?” Frank said

“Nothing” Sally said

“There must be something or you wouldn’t be crying, are the kids at school giving you a hard time? Frank said as he put his arm around Sally and she shrugged him off

“Sal, did I do something?” Frank said surprised

“Im going to bed now” Sally said as she got into bed and put the covers over her head

Frank got up and looked at her, he was very surprised that she was upset with him and he sighed

“Im going to the city tomorrow, ill be back in the night” Frank said, Sally ignored him

“Night Sal” Frank said and Sally ignored him. Frank sighed then walked out of the room and closed the door behind him.

“Whats wrong with Sal?” Bobby whispered

“I don’t know, hurry up so we can go to bed” Frank said a bit annoyed then went downstairs.

Bobby looked at Sally’s door and sighed then went into her room to get ready for the night.

Stewart Residence-The City

Matt rolled onto his back, breathing heavily then ran his fingers through his hair

Barbra breathed fast and pushed her hair away from her face and turning over and lay on her back

“Wow…that was amazing” Barbra said as she smiled. She had been smiling non stop since Matt turned up at her door. Now they were going to be a family

“I took the liberty of speaking to my friend, who owns the restaurant, remember I told you that he is looking for an assistant manager, well he said he will be interested in speaking to you any time you come to the city, I can go with you tomorrow if you want” Barbra said as she ran her finger down Matts chest

“Im going to get a drink” Matt said as he got up, picked up his shorts from the floor, opened the door and went to the kitchen

Matt sighed to himself as he walked to the fridge, he really didnt want to be here, all he could think of was Carly as he was being intimate with Barbra, he really hated that he was in this situation. Matt took out a bottle of water from the fridge, closed the door, opened it and drank it

“Can you get me a drink too?” Matt turned around to see Rebecca standing in the kitchen

“Get it yourself” Matt said as he moved away from the fridge. Rebecca stood next to him

“I did say sorry for what happened in Summer Bay” Rebecca said

“Whatever” Matt said as he rank more water

“I can make it up to you if you want” Rebecca said and she touched Matts arm. Matt shook his head and walked out of the kitchen. When Rebecca head Matt close the bedroom door, she walked over to the phone, picked it up and started dialing.

“Its me…can I see you tomorrow” Rebecca said as she smiled

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Knock on the door”

Megan looked up from the book she was reading. She looked at her watch, she wasn’t expecting any visitors then she smiled, maybe it was Frank. She took her hair out of the bun and let it fall past her shoulders, she took off her Tshirt, leaving only vest and she reached out to the side table and sprayed some body spray, exhaled and went to open the door

“Hi Martin” Megan said, she tried to hide her disappointment

“Hi, sorry its late but I just wanted to see how the rest of your day was and give you this” Martin gave Megan a rose

“That is very sweet of you, thank you” Megan said. Martin was sweet, not her usual type

“”So, how was your day” Martin said as he leaned on the caravan

“Good, I was a bit nervous for my first class but Steve said he didn’t notice that I was nervous” Megan said as she saw Frank from the corner of her eye…she leaned forward and started kissing Martin. Martin’s heart leapt around in his chest he really liked Megan and was happy that she liked him too. Ad Frank got to the van, he noticed Martin and Megan had made up which meant Martin was no longer mad at him.

“Oh, Hi Frank” Megan said as Frank was about to go inside his van. Martin looked around

“Hey Frankie” Martin said

“Martin and I are going to hang out, do you want to join us?” Megan said as Martin looked at her

“No thanks” Frank said as he went inside his van and locked the door. Megan smiled to herself…Frank is jealous she thought to herself

“So, are we going to hang out?” Martin said looking at Megan…Megan smiled and gestured for Martin to come into the van.

Bobby smiled to herself as she packed her overnight bag and zipped it then she walked over to the wardrobe and looked at her outfit hanging up, black shorts, a black top and a red and black loose shirt. Bobby walked over to the chair and took out and orange pyjama shorts set and sprayed some of her body spray and then put on her pyjamas. Next she put on her oversized sweatshirt, put the hood and smiled. She looked around her room and again at her outfit and smiled then looked at Alan’s bear and an idea came to her mind then she smiled again, turned the light off and slowly left the room and made her way downstairs.

Frank rolled his eyes as he heard Megan laughing loudly in the next van. He was upset because of what happened with Sally, he knew how it felt to break Bobbys heart and he didn’t want to do the same to Sally.

“Knock on the door”

Frank got up and opened the curtain and breathed a sigh of relief. He opened the door and Bobby came in and took off her hood then put her bag down. Frank went back to the bed and sat down then set the alarm clock as Bobby took off her flip flops and sweater, she looked over at Frank then went to sit next to him

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Bobby said as she put her arm around Frank

“Im happy you're here” Frank said as he kissed Bobby’s arm

“Is there anything else wrong?” Bobby said

“Its Sal, I heard her crying and when I went to see her she pretty much ignored me” Frank said

“I think she is sad that you are going…but I have an idea” Bobby said as she turned Franks face towards her

“What?” Frank said

“Ill tell you tomorrow…” Bobby said and smiled

“Im glad youre here” Frank said then leaned forward and kissed Bobby

She smiled “Me too, lets sleep” Bobby said as they both climbed onto the bed, Frank wrapped himself around Bobby and kissed her neck

“A bit loud” Bobby said as she heard Megan laughing loudly

“Shes in there with Martin” Frank said

“I guess they made up” Bobby said

“Yeah, they were kissing earlier and Martin apologized…said he spoke to you….thank you for always being in my corner” Frank said and kissed Bobby’s neck

“Everything is going to be fine with Sal” Bobby said as Frank kissed her ear

“Thank you…I really need you right now” Frank said and hugged Bobby tighter

’I’m here” Bobby said as she reached around and put her hand behind Franks head and they both drifted off to sleep

Chapter 99

Australia 1:00am

Emotional Background Music

Stewart Residence-The City

Barbra turned onto her back then she looked next to her at Matt who was asleep. Barbra smiled, her plan worked…she got him to come to the City. Barbra put her hand on her stomach and quietly sighed…now she had the next few months to think of an excuse as to why her stomach was not getting bigger…

Caravan Park –Summer Bay

As Frank and Bobby slept, the two bodies in the van next to them were moving in sync. Megan looked at Martin, she could see in his eyes how much he liked her…fortunately he couldn’t see in her eyes how much she liked Frank

“I have never felt this way about another woman before” Martin said still moving

“I am one of a kind” Megan said as Martin kissed her then kissed her neck as Megan wondered if Frank was still jealous…then she smiled.

Sally wiped her face. She didn’t want Frank to go, Tom is gone and here was no one to look after her Pippa, Steve Carly and Bobby. She got out of bed and walked over to the window. She looked up at the sky but there were no stars for her to wish upon. She looked down to see if she could see Bobby going to Franks van but nothing. She wiped her face again then went back to bed and cried.

Manhattan-New York

“Are you ok Ruth? You look really pale” Helen, one of Roo’s managers said as she passed he desk

“Oh, I am fine thanks, I just ate something that didn’t agree with me, that’s all”  Roo said with a smile then she looked at Nancy who was sitting opposite. She had just been sick.

“You did a great job on Friday we had great feedback from the client. Come into my office, I want to discuss another campaign that I want you to work on” Helen said

“Ye-yes, thank you” Roo said as she got up

“Helen, phone” Helen’s assistant said

“Give me five minutes then come in” Helen said and she walked back to her office.

Roo walked over to the water cooler, poured herself some water, sipped it then went back to her desk

“Is everything Ok, Nancy? How was your weekend? Roo said as she smiled and sipped her water

“Fine” Nancy said without looking up from her papers. Nancy was upset because she knew that Ruth had spent the weekend with Donavan…something she used to do when he came to New York.

“Can I get you some water or something?” Roo said

“No, I am fine” Nancy said again without looking up. She honestly thought that her and Donavan were heading towards being serious…even though he had never said that Nancy was hoping for it. She had been working hard on meeting someone like Donavan and when she finally thought she was heading into a good direction, he lose interest. Nancy sighed, she looked up at Roo who was writing some notes and felt herself wanting to cry

“Nancy, if you don’t mind, can you please find another executive to work on the campaign in Los Angeles? My husband is coming home on Friday and he is not going to like me traveling all the time” Roo said. Ruth’s words made Nancy’s heart jump. Maybe there was a chance with Donavan, she was due to fly out on Thursday to finalize some details of the campaign

“Are you sure? You seemed pretty excited about it” Nancy said trying to hide her excitement 

“Yes, I am sure” Roo said

“Ruth” Roo turned around to see Helen gesturing her to come over

“Ill talk to you later” Roo said and she got up as Nancy smiled to herself

Caravan Park –Summer Bay

Frank opened his eyes and looked at the alarm clock it was 5:13am, he pressed the alarm to turn it off then turned the radio on

We nearly made it
We nearly found the perfect combination
The road was right, we must have read the signs wrong
And now it's all gone

But if we'd made it
Could we be sure that it was for the better
Who could say we would have stayed together
Nothing is certain
In A changing world

Every loser wins
Once the dream begins
In time you'll see, fate holds the key
And every loser knows
The light the tunnel shows
Will shine on you
And all those who knew
That we could make it

He looked at Bobby, she was snuggled under his arm and fast asleep. Frank smiled then kissed her head, they had to get up soon, he wanted them to get to their destination as early as possible.

“Hey” Frank whispered in Bobby’s ear then he kissed her ear and cheek. Bobby smiled then she opened her eyes

“Good Morning” Frank said

“Good Morning, what time is it?” Bobby said rubbing her eye

“5:15am” Frank said

“What time are we leaving?” Bobby said as she yawned then put her hand on her forehead

“6” Frank said

“I better go and get ready, do you want me to make some breakfast for us? Bobby said

“No, we can get something on the road, where is your key?” Frank said

“In my pocket” Bobby said as she yawned

“ill put the bags in the car, when we are ready, ill hide in the back and you drive out of Summer Bay then I will drive” Frank said and stood up and closed his guitar

“Ok” Bobby said as she sat up “ Ill go and get ready” Bobby said as she got out of bed and stood next to Frank

“I am really looking forward to today” Bobby said as she smiled and put her head on Frank’s chest

“Me too, Ill shower out here” Frank said and hugged Bobby

“Ok, I better go if we want to get out of her on time” Bobby said as Frank removed his arms, Bobby walked over to the chair put her hooded sweater on, gave Frank the car key from her set of keys and quietly opened the van door, closed it and rushed to the house.

Manhattan- New York

“Sit down Ruth” Helen said and Roo pulled out the chair and sat opposite Helen

“You know, you have really impressed me, your approach to your first campaign and how fast you have hit the ground running” Helen said

“Thank you for the opportunity” Roo said with a smile

“You’re welcome. Ms Porter has requested to work with you again, she has another property on the east side which she is currently renovating and hopes to be opening in July so that is another project for you so make a note of that and follow up with her and ther will be a bonus in your pay check this week for a job well done” Helen said and gave Roo the project information

“Thank you” Roo said as she took the file from Helen with excitement

“So I assume you are going to LA this week with Nancy, working on the Michael Kegan project” Helen said as she put on her glasses

“No….my Husband has been away, he is coming back on Friday and he wont be too happy with me doig so much travelling” Roo said

“Oh, I didn’t know that you are married” Helen said

“Yes, four months” Roo said

“Right” Helen said as she took off her glasses and looked at Roo

“Ok, well, I am confident that you can handle this new project I am giving you, it requires a bit more work” Helen said

“Yes, I am ready” Roo said

“Here are the details” Helen said as she gave Roo a file

“Helen, I know I just started working here but I have an appointment on Thursday, would it be possible to have the day off. Ill understand if if its not, I am not giving you much notice” Roo said”

“It is short notice but you have proven that you are a good worker so yes, you can have Thursday off” Helen said looking at Roo

“Thanks” Roo said and stood up and walked back to her desk with a smile on her face. Her career was on the fast track and nothing was going to stop her. 

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Hello love, you’re up early” Floss said as she took clothes off the washing line

“Hi, I am going into the City, going to check out the Uni. I wanted to get an early start on the road. Please tell Pippa that I am sorry to leave without letting her know” Bobby said as she got into the car

“Ok I will. Well have a good day love, you look really nice” Floss said with a smile

“Thanks” Bobby said and started the engine and began driving out of the Caravan Park.

“Frank which way should I go?” Bobby said then Frank took the cover off his head

“Head towards the M1 south but Ill get out when we are out of Summer Bay”  Frank said as Bobby yawned

“You still tired?” Frank said

“Yes and I got a bit of a headache” Bobby said as she yawned again

“The day hasn’t even started yet..dont worry, Dr Morgan has a cure for your headache” Frank said as Bobby giggled in the front then she turned the radio on

I'm crazy for you
Touch me once and you'll know it's true
I never wanted anyone like this
It's all brand new, you'll feel it in my kiss
You'll feel it in my kiss because
I'm crazy for you
Touch me once and you'll know it's true
I never wanted anyone like this
It's all brand new, you'll feel it in my kiss
I'm crazy for you
Crazy for you
Crazy for you
Crazy for you
It's all brand new, I'm crazy for you
And you know it's true, I'm crazy, crazy for you
It's all brand new, I'm crazy for you
And you know it's true, yeah, I'm crazy for you

As Bobby sang along to the song, Frank smiled to himself..she was crazy for him as much as he was crazy for her... then his smile started to disappear as he remembered that he is going home tomorrow...

Chapter 100

Stewart Sr Residence-Summer Bay

Celia looked at the clock on the wall, then she picked up the phone and dialed

“Hello Clergy House” Reverend Jones said when he picked up the phone

“”Good Morning Alex, its me Celia” Celia Said

“Celia, good morning. How are you?” Reverend Jones said

“Wonderful, thank you. I wanted to let you know that I spoke with Pippa Fletcher, I told her I was the guilty person” Celia said

“Thank you Celia, that was very brave of you” Reverend Jones “Now did you call the Department of Children services?” Reverend Jones continued

“I will make that call at 9:00am” Celia said proudly

“Good” Reverend Jones

“Alex, I noticed that your ladies group is looking for volunteers to help with the festival, I was wondering if I can volunteer?” Celia said

“Celia, I couldn’t possibly ask you to do that, you live three hours away” Reverend Jones then sighed

“I know but I want to, it’s a nice break from Summer Bay…and I get to see you again” Celia said as Reverend Jones looked unsure

“Alex are you there? Celia said

“Yes..ok if you insist” Reverend Jones said “but only after you have made the call and told Philippa that you have made the call” Reverend Jones said

“Ok” Celia said with a smile on her face, “ill see you bright and early on Saturday” Celia said

“Ok, Please give my regards to Phillippa and her family” Reverend Jones said

“I will, see you, bye” Celia said as she rushed to put the phone down in excitement. She picked up the notepad on the table as she remembered more guests to invite to the wedding.

ShoalHaven-Australia

You're so good, when we make love it's understood
It's more than a touch or a word can say
Only in dreams could it be this way

When you love someone, yeah, really love someone
Now, I know it's right, from the moment I wake up till deep in the night
There's nowhere on earth that I'd rather be than holding you tenderly

I've been waiting for a girl like you to come into my life
I've been waiting for a girl like you, your loving will survive
I've been waiting for someone new to make me feel alive
Yeah, waiting for a girl like you to come into my life

Frank tapped the steering wheel with his finger and hummed along to the song on the radio. When he looked to his left, Bobby was fast asleep. Frank smiled then indicated left and turned down the road and then slowed down and turned into a parking space and turned the engine off. He looked around, it had been many years since he had been here then he smiled and looked at Bobby. He put his hand on her shoulder then leaned over to gently shake her. Bobby moved around in her seat then opened her eyes and looked around

“Are we here?” Bobby said

“Yes” Frank said and smiled at her then got out of the car. Bobby got out of the car “Where are we?” Bobby said as Frank took two bags out of the car and the guitar and put them on the floor

“Wait here, let me go and check in” Frank said and walked over to a door that had a “Reception” sign pointing at it

While Bobby waited she looked around, the place was beautiful, she didn’t know where she was but she felt very calm here and had butterflies in her stomach, she was spending the whole day with Frank, not hiding or sneaking around, she smiled

Shortly after, Frank came out with someone walking in front of him

“G’day Mrs Morgan, let me take your bags and show you to your room” The porter said as he picked up the two bags and guitar. Bobby smiled at him, “Mrs Morgan” something she had not been called in a long time, something she missed. Bobby looked at Frank, he winked at her then held her hands as they followed the porter

Once inside the cabin, Bobby walked over to the sliding back door, unlatched it and slid the door opened the view was amazing, they were literally at the beach, Bobby smiled to herself

“Is there anything else I can get for you Mr Morgan” The Porter said. Frank looked around and saw the menu on the table, he walked over and picked it up

“Yeah, can we order some breakfast?” Frank said as he walked over to Bobby with the menu

“Yes, I can take your order” The porter said as he took a pen and paper from his pocket

“What do you want?” Frank said as he showed Bobby the menu, she smiled

“You choose” Bobby said then smiled and went back to looking at the view

“2 full breakfasts, some coffee and orange juice, thanks” Frank said

“Ok, I will have that brought over as soon as possible” The porter said

“Frank put his hand in his pocket and gave the porter a tip

“Thank you very much Mr Morgan” The Porter said and rushed to the door, and let himself out

Frank turned around and stood behind Bobby then wrapped his arms around her

“The view is wonderful, where are we?’ Bobby said

“We are in Shoalhaven. When I was a little boy, probably around five, my parents brought me here once for a holiday. Even though Its been many years, I still remember having a really good time here, I was happy. This was before their drinking and drug taking got really bad. I always wanted to come back here when I could afford to with my family. Bobby turned around and looked at Frank

“Thank you for bringing me here” Bobby said as she smiled at Frank. This place was perfect and she was with the only man she will ever love. Frank leaned forward and kissed Bobby.

“We have the whole day to kiss, talk, eat and just be by ourselves” Frank said

“I can’t wait” Bobby said as she kissed Frank again

“Im going to change, after breakfast I want to go and lie on the beach…its been a long time” Bobby said as she walked towards her bag

Frank walked up behind her

“Yeah…it has been a long time then he pulled her close to him . Bobby giggled then Frank hugged her tight. He was really happy to be back here. He once asked Roo to come here with him but she didn’t have any interest considering they would have to pass Summer Bay to get here. Frank sighed…thinking about Roo reminded him that he was going back home tomorrow….

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Sal, are you OK? You are not eating your breakfast” Pippa said as she looked at Sally playing with her cereal

“I am not hungry” Sally said

Pippa got up and walked over to the kitchen, she picked up a banana and walked back to the table

“Ill put this in your bag in case you get hungry later on” Pippa said then she put the Banana in Sally’s school bag

“Pippa, the sink is working much better now” Floss said as she poked her head out of the laundry

“Yes, Frank fixed it he changed something on the piping” Pippa said as she gave Christopher some juice

“Dadda” Christopher said and Pippa smiled at him

“Is Frank awake yet? I want him to look at Megan’s van, her light has gone out twice in two days” Pippa said as she sat down

“Frank took the bus to the city this morning, he is going to meet someone at the Macklin office” Steve said as he ate his cereal. Floss had a confused look on her face then she smiled and shook her head

“:Oh yes I forgot, that is why he pre-signed the papers for Mrs Malloy” Pippa said

“Ill have Nev look at it this morning, which van is she in? Floss said

“Number 7” Pippa said and drank her coffee

“Can Bobby take me to school?” Sally asked

“Love, Bobby isn’t here, I saw her leaving this morning, she is going to look at the University” Floss said as Steven smiled to himself

“Ill take you to school Sal” Steve said

“Ok” Sally said as she looked at her breakfast still looking upset

ShaolHaven-Australia

Bobby fastened the green bikini top and put the straps on her shoulders. She took out the matching cover up from her bag and put it on, then reached into the bag and took out another new body spray, sprayed it on herself then put it back in her bag. Bobby walked over to the mirror on the wardrobe…she looked at herself, she couldn’t recognize herself, she didn’t normally dress like this but she wanted to look nice for Frank, she smiled then her smiled started disappearing as she thought about tomorrow, Frank will be going and she didn’t know what was going to happen in the future. Bobby sighed and took the elastic band from her hair and let her hair fall, it was getting longer and was now past her shoulders. Bobby changed her mind then put her hair up into a high ponytail

“Breakfast is here” Frank shouted

“Ok, im coming” Bobby said as she exhaled and smiled, she was going to enjoy the day and think about tomorrow, tomorrow. Bobby walked into the living room

“Wow…” Frank said as Bobby walked over to the table where the breakfast was laid out

“You look beautiful” Frank said as he grabbed Bobby’s hand and she sat on his lap and crossed her legs

“Thank you” Bobby said and she put her arms around Frank and kissed him

“You smell nice” Frank said as he sniffed Bobbys neck

“Thanks, its called pleasure” Bobby said with a smiled

“Hmmmm We are going to have a great day” Frank said as he slid his hands between Bobby's thighs, she smiled,

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Can I see you later?” Martin said to Megan as they walked towards her car

“Sure, You can meet me at the diner for lunch at 12:30” Megan said, she did like Martin, he wasn’t her usual type but he wasn’t bad, someone she can use to make Frank jealous

“Ill be there at 12” Martin said as Megan smiled then he leaned forward and kissed her cheek then she got into he car and drove off

Martin sighed, he spent the best night of his life with a woman he really liked. He never felt like this about any other woman. Megan was different, she was classy, smart, and beautiful and she liked him

A knock on a door caught Martins attention, he looked behind to see Floss knocking at Megan’s van

“G’day Floss” Martin said as he walked towards the van

“Hello love” Floss said

“Megan is not there, I just walked her to her car” Martin said with a smile

“Oh…right, Pippa wants Nev to look at her lights because they keep going out” Floss said

“Shes gone to work, she works at the high school, a teacher” Martin said with a smile

“Right, well ill ask Nev to come over later on” Floss said as Martin went to knock on Franks door

“He isn’t there love, went to the Macklin office in the city” Floss said then walked back to the house.

Manhattan-New York

Background music-“Have you ever been alone” instrumental

Roo closed the door behind her and walked over to the kitchen; she put her Chinese food on the table then walked over to the couch and sat down. She was really tired it had been a long day. Helen had given her a new assignment, she was determined to work just as hard on this as she did on the last project. Roo looked aound the apartment, she needed to tidy up before Frank came back, he was really fussy about the apartment being clean.

Roo stood up and took off her jacket and threw it back on the couch. She walked over to the kitchen to get her food and looked at her overnight bag on the floor which she let in a hurry to get to work. Roo looked at the Chinese food, she opened the cupboard and pulled out a plate and opened the container of noodles and poured them in the plate. Then she took out a glass then opened the fridge and poured some lemonade then walked to the couch. Roo put the plate and glass down then walked back over to her overnight bag picked it up and walked back to the couch, she needed to empty it and put it away. Roo leaned forward and put some of the noodles in her mouth. As she chewed she put her hand in the bag and began pulling out the things which he had worn over the weekend. Roo put the clothes on the floor and jus as she was about to put the bag on the floor,she felt something move around she looked inside the bag and inside was a black box. Roo leaned forward and put some more noodles in her mouth nd opened the box. Inside the box was a box that said “Tiffany & Co” on the top and a small envelope. Roo gasped, she had spent one window shopping trip with Frank looking in the window of Tiffany & Co, they had some amazing stuff but he always said they couldn’t afford it. Roo opened the envelope

“Ruth,

Something to remind you of the great weekend we spent together,

Donovan

Roo put the note on the table and opened the box.

“wow” Roo said, it was a silver bracelet with a heart locket, it was beautiful. Roo took it out of the box and put it on then looked at her wrist. It looked beautiful Roo thought then she smiled…then her smiled disappeared as she remembered that Frank was coming home and he would probably want to know where she got it from. Roo smiled, she remembered that Helen said she was going to get a bonus for her good work. Roo was going to tell Frank that she used the bonus money to get this present for herself…she smiled then picked up the letter and walked towards the closet, she opened it then pulled out her suitcase and stuffed the letter from Donavan in the corner of her suitcase, next to Donavans business card. Roo put the suitcase back in the closet and closed the door then she walked back over to the table looking at the bracelet while eating her food then she smiled.

Background music ends

Archived