Homecoming

Summer's Bay

:)

Chapter 41

Summer Bay

3:00am

Fisher Residence

Bobby couldn’t sleep…she tossed and turned a few times, she still couldn’t get to sleep even though she was really tired. She turned over and picked up the bear Alan left her and she hugged it tight. This bear had become her best friend, if it could talk, it would tell the world about all the times it had comforted her in the last year. Bobby got out of bed and went and stood by the window. She opened the curtain slightly.. the moon was shining really brightly…like the night Frank turned up. The moon was beautiful Bobby thought as she stared at it then as if by magic a star appeared next to the moon, it sparkled so brightly. Bobby kissed the top of the bears head, looked at the star then said “Please take care of me Alan…please let tomorrow be the start of happiness for me” Bobby stared at the moon a little longer then got back into bed, hugging the bear tight and hoped to get a few hours sleep.

Stewart House

Ailsa lifted her head, her husband  Alf is fast asleep. She slowly got out of bed and quietly walked towards the bedroom door, opened the door stepped out of the room and slowly closed the door behind her. The house was very quiet as Ailsa walked over to the living room and went and sat at the desk. Ailsa turned the desk light on then opened the drawer and took out some paper and an envelope and put them on the desk. Ailsa closed the drawer and reached for a pen that sat on the furthest end of the desk and began to write….

Caravan Park

Frank couldn’t sleep….he slowly got up out of bed so as not to wake Steve..put his dressing gown on and slowly headed for the door. He slowly opened the door stepped out of the room and closed the door behind him. Frank slowly walked down the hall to Sally’s room, he opened her door, she was fast asleep and so was Christopher, he smiled then shut the door. Frank turned back and slowly opened Carly’s door…she was fast asleep, he smiled then slowly closed her door and headed downstairs. Frank walked over to the kitchen and turned the light on…he picked up the kettle from the stove and walked over to the sink and put water in the then returned the kettle to the stove and turned the stove on. As the water warmed, Frank took out a cup from the cupboard and put some coffee in the cup. While the water warmed, Frank went over to the couch and sat down.

He started thinking about the conversation he had with Ailsa…he started thinking about how so much had happened in the four days that he had been back in Australia. Now that Bobby was gone, Frank thought to himself that the rest of the time here would be easy…in no time he would be back in New York and back to his wife….the woman he loved…the woman who loved him. Frank could hear the kettle so he got up, before he went to the kitchen, he walked over to the desk and picked up the invite to the Sands Resort cocktail party, looked at it then put it down….making a mental note to go and hire a tuxedo.

Just as Frank was about to walk to the kitchen, he accidentally hit is knee against the desk draw this caused the draw to open to which Frank saw a video tape with big red letters that said “Frank and Bobby’s wedding” inside a heart. Frank ran over to turn the kettle off before it woke the whole house up then returned to the desk and took out the video from the draw. Frank turned the TV on and took the video out of the case and put it in the video recorder.  Frank reached for the remote control and pressed play

(Background Music Bobby and Frank’s theme)

Frank watched the images of his wedding day to Bobby..he watched as Bobby looked so perfect next to him…he watched as her eyes were so full of love…for only him…Frank looked at how happy he was, Bobby made him whole, she was the half that he felt was always missing from his life. Frank watched as he and Bobby danced like they were in their own little world…

Ailsa- “ Frank and Bobby Wishing you all the best on this new journey. I am glad it finally happened for you”

Tom –“ Frank, Remember what I said…look after her”

Frank smiled

Roo – “Frank, you are a very lucky guy, I wish you all the best”

Steve- “Congratulations..Now I have to do your chores Bobby!  I love you both, be happy always”

Frank smiled

Pippa-  “ My heart is full of joy today, I got to see two people I love very much fall in love and now start a life together. Be patient with each other and always remember why you fell in love. I love you both…Are you going to say something Sal?

Sally- “ I want to babysit when Frank and Bobby have  babies”

Frank smiled

Carly “I hope I find a love like yours, I love you both and wish you all the best”

Pippa –“Donald would you like to say something to Bobby and Frank?”

Donald Fisher –“Yes, yes I would if you don’t mind. Just a few brief words by Sir Walter Ralegh

But true love is a durable fire,
In the mind ever burning,
Never sick, never old, never dead,
From itself never turning.

Frank and Bobby, I hope your love will be like that fire, ever burning and never ending”

Frank rewound the video

Frank and Bobby, I hope your love will be like that fire, ever burning and never ending”

Frank rewound the video a bit further

Roo – “Frank, you are a very lucky guy, I wish you all the best”

Frank forwarded the video

A tear formed in Franks eye then without permission, ran down his cheek

“Its not over”

“What?”  Frank said then he paused the video then looked around. The house was still quiet. Frank rewound the video to hear if it was something from the video…nothing. He couldn’t figure out why he kept hearing “Its not over”, it was very odd. Frank leaned forward, removed the cassette from the video recorder and returned it back to the case and back to the draw which he closed. Frank walked over to the kitchen, by this time, the water was cold. Frank didn’t feel like boiling more so he just turned the light off. “Everything will be easier now she is gone” Frank said as he walked up the stairs to the room”

(Background music ends)

JFK Airport- New York

Roo fastened her seatbelt as requsted by the flight attendant.  Nancy had kindly volunteered to let Roo have the window seat so Roo looked outside excited as they waited for their flight to take off.

“Nancy, thanks again for bringing me along to work with you” Roo said

“My pleasure Ruth, but you are the one who made the good impression on David and that is why he requested that you come along” Nancy said with a smile

Roo leaned her head back on the headrest and thought about how far she had come, she didn’t pass her HSC, got a dead end job at the Macklin’s corporation that she wasn’t very good at and now. Here she is,  a junior PR Executive in New York. Roo smiled to herself…she really had Frank to thank for this, if he never wanted her to leave Summer Bay, she would still be stuck there probably doing nothing….and Bobby would be the one enjoying this life. Roo shook her head, Bobby will never have what I have  Frank always has and always will be mine..Roo thought to herself and smiled.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 42

Summer Bay

6:00am

General Hospital

Pippa opened her eyes, she is going home today. She smiled, “I am going to be with my family” Pippa said to herself as she sat up….she stopped smiling when she thought about her conversation with Bobby,  Pippa sighed, she couldn’t believe that Bobby left Summer Bay under the circumstances. Pippa felt guilty that she hadn’t made the effort to comfort Bobby during the last year. She wanted to make it up to Bobby but now that she is gone, there is nothing she can do about it. “Tom, take care of Bobby” Pippa said as she looked at the empty chair next to her bed then she got out of bed to gather her things to have a shower to get ready to go home.

Stewart Residence

Alf reached out his arm and waved his hand over the alarm clock until his hand was directly on the top. He then hit the alarm and the sound went off. Alf turned over and reached his arm out.. when he didn’t feel his wife, Alf opened his and looked around the room, he didn’t see his wife. Alf got out of the bed, put his feet in his slippers and walked towards the bedroom door. Alf opened the bedroom door and walked towards the living room. H e was just about to shout out his wife’s name, he saw Ailsa sitting at the desk with her head leaning on her folded arm. Alf walked over to the desk and tapped Ailsa on the arm “Ails” Alf said as he gently shook his wife. Ailsa slowly began to stir then she sat up and rubbed her eyes. “Hello love, I must’ve fallen asleep” Ailsa said as she looked down and put the letter she wrote into an envelope.

“What are you doing?” Alf said as he watched his wife get up

“I have to go out..Ill be back in a minute” Ailsa said as she grabbed her keys from the table and her coat from the couch and rushed to the front door, opened it and shut the door.

Alf was confused, he looked at the desk to see if Ailsa left any clues as to where she was going but she didn’t. Alf heard Ailsa start the car and drive away.

Caravan Park

Steve looked at Frank sleeping, he looked peaceful. Steve wondered what he was thinking about. Steve walked over to Frank’s bed and shook his arm

Frank made a noise but didn’t open his eyes. Steve shook Frank’s shoulder again “Frank  are you waking up?” Steve said

“What time is it” Frank said as he opened one eye

“6:15, Floss is downstairs, she is going to be making breakfast soon, I am going for a run before I get ready for school” Steve said

“Alright, I am going to get ready then I will go and get Pippa”  Frank said as he rubbed his eyes and yawned.

Fisher Residence

Ailsa slowly stopped her car outside of the house. She turned then engine off, opened the door and slowly closed it so as not to make any noise. She quietly walked up to the front door and pushed the note she wrote under the door and walked back to her car and drove back home.

Danny came out of the spare room with his packed bag. As he walked towards the living room, he saw an envelope lying on the floor by the front door so he walked towards the front door, bent down and picked up the envelope “Bobby” is what was written on the front. Danny walked to the living room and put his bag on the couch. He heard the shower stil running, he knew Bobby was in there and Mr Fisher was in his room. Danny carefully opened the envelope and took out the paper. Before Danny read it, he went and stood in the hally way to make sure nobody was coming.

Dear Bobby,

I Know you are still upset with me but I realized something last night, you are right. I was wrong to not consider your feelings and I was being an interfering tart by bringing up the past however, that was just it, I didn’t want to see the past rehashed again and for you and Roo to both be hurt. I saw how heartbroken you were this last year, at times I would ask myself what I can do to make this better for you because you mean so much to me and I want you to be happy.  You said you will never get over Frank but I am glad you are giving Danny a chance. Hopefully you will eventually love him to the point where Frank will be a distant memory. I don’t know if I will ever see you again but I want you to know that I will miss seeing you but my compensation is knowing that you are happy.

Take care

Love Ailsa

“You said you will never get over Frank”

“You said you will never get over Frank”

Danny looked at those words on the page,  an angry look came on his face then a tear rolled down his cheek

He heard a door open so he quickly pushed the letter into his pocket and wiped his face.

“Ready?” Donald said as he came into the living room

“Yes, can’t wait to get going” Danny said as he smiled

Donald walked over to desk and opened the draw and pulled out an envelope then picked up a pen and paper from the desk and walked over to Danny

“Here is $500 cash to get you started. I will wire the rest of the money you need. Here, write down your bank details and how much your treatment is ” Donald said as he gave Danny the envelope, pen and paper then walked out of the room

Danny put his hand in his pocket, removed the letter and put it into the side pocket of his bag

“She does love me, she does love me, she does love me, she does love me” Danny said to himself

“Did you ay something?” Donald said as he came back into the living room

“No nothing” Danny responded and began to write down the details that Donald wanted.

Stewart Residence

“Where did you go love? Alf said as he watched his wife come into the house

“I wrote a letter to Bobby and went over to Donald’ to give it to her” Ailsa said as she took off her coat

“Ails, you really have to let this all go now, Bobby is going, let her get on with her life. Your priority is Ruthy” Alf said

“No Alf, Ruth is not my priority, she is your priority. Have some consideration for your niece and everything she has been going through or do her feelings not matter?” Ailsa said then walked towards the bedroom

Caravan Park

“Ok, I better get going” Frank said as he came down the stairs and walked over to the desk to pick up the keys “Is Steve back yet?”

“No not yet” Carly said as she put on Christopher’s top

“Ill have breakfast ready by the time you get back love” Floss said

“Thanks Floss” Frank  said then he walked out of the door

Fisher Residence

“Well I guess this is it then” Donald said looking at Bobby and Danny then hugging Bobby

“Let me know when you get settled or as soon as you can” Donald said and extended his hand to shake Danny’s hand

“Sorry you can there for the wedding” Danny said as he smiled

“Oh, I forgot something” Bobby said and she walked fast towards her room and opened the door. On the neatly made bed sat the bear Alan gave her, Bobby picked it up and gave it one last hug. She walked over to the box she was looking through, opened it and pulled out the napkin tied with pink ribbon and put it into her back pocket. “Alan please take care of Frank” Bobby said then she put the bear back on the bed and headed for the door

“I was going to send a search party out for you, I put the bags in the car” Danny said as he smiled

Bobby smiled and followed Danny outside, Donald followed behind

“Ok well, call when you can” Donald said as he shut the passage door when Bobby sat down

Bobby rowed down the window and smiled

Danny started the car and slowly began driving forward then turned into the main road and drove away. As Danny and Bobby drove down the road, Frank was driving in the opposite direction, Bobby was taking something out of her bag on the back seat so she didn't see him but Frank and Danny looked at each other, Danny smiled

Donald stood at the end of his driveway and watched until Bobby’s car was out of sight.  While Donald stood outside, a  familiar  car was coming in the opposite direction…it was being driven by Frank. Donald and Frank locked eyes for a few seconds then Donald smiled craftily “She is finally away from you“ he thought to himself then went inside his house.

Chapter 43

Beverly Hills- California

Roo looked around the room, she couldn’t believe that she was here. Initially she thought that her and Nancy were going to stay at a hotel but David, the client insisted that they stay in his home since they were only staying overnight.

When they arrived they had a meeting with David in his home office for two hours, going over what PR he wanted for his campaign then David suggested they go an relax before the evening as he went out to take care of some business.  Nancy went to have a nap, Roo didn’t want to be rude, walking around the house so attempted to nap too but she was so excited that she couldn’t sleep.  David’s house is huge, Roo didn’t know how many bedrooms were here but her room was bigger than the apartment she shared with Frank in New York. She just took a shower and was getting ready because David organized a dinner party with some of the investors of his project.

Roo looked at the dress on the bed that she was going to wear, it was alright, she wish she had thought about getting a new one. The last time she wore the dress was to her high school formal, Martin Dibble was her date. Roo laughed to herself “I bet Martin is still in Summer Bay doing absolutely nothing” Roo said to herself and shook her head and began getting dressed

General Hospital –Summer Bay

“Frank?” Pippa said she had been talking but Frank was looking out of the window and not responding

“Frank!” Pippa said then Frank turned around

“Sorry , are you ready?” Frank said as he walked towards the bed and picked up Pippa’s bag

“Whats the matter?” Pippa said

“I just saw Bobby and her Fiance leaving town..I drove past them” Frank said

“Sorry” Pippa said as she touched Frank’s arm “Lets think positive, today is a new beginning for both of us, great things are going to happen” Pippa said and she smiled

Frank smiled and walked towards the door with Pippa following behind. Before Pippa exited the room, she looked back at the empty chair “See you at home Tom” Pippa said then she smiled and exited the room.

Stewart Residence

“I made breakfast love” Alf said as Ailsa came into the living room

“I am not hungry, I am opening the Diner so I will get something later” Ailsa said as she attempted to put shoes on Duncan’s feet as he sat on the couch.

“I will take care of Duncan this morning, you go on love, Ill bring him by the Diner later” Alf said

“Alright” Ailsa said as she kissed Duncan’s head and got up and walked towards the door, opened it then left

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Carly put the toast down, Frank said we have to wait for Pippa” Sally said

“I’m sorry, I only had one piece, I promise” Carly said then she started laughing

“Are they not here yet?” Steve said as he came through the door and put his school bag on the floor

Nev looked at his watch “They should be here soon” he said looking at Steve

“I hope so, I am starving” Steve said

Sally stood at the door looking outside, Frank told her not to go outside until Bobby and Danny were gone.  Sally stepped forward a little and she saw the car coming up

“They are here!” Sally said as she poked her head inside the house and told her family.

“Finally” Carly said then she got up and walked towards the door

“Sal, why are you not running towards the car?” Carly said as she got to the door

“Frank told me not to go outside until Bobby and Danny left” Sally said

“Its ok, I think they are gone now, you can go” Carly said then went outside. Sally was still a little scared so she waited at the door. Frank parked the car

“Are you ok” he said to Pippa

“I am fine, are you ok?” Pippa said. They drove home from the hospital in silence, she can tell that her son is very upset but maybe this is for the best

“Ill survive” Frank said, smiled and got out of the car

Somewhere between Summer Bay and “The City”

I believe it's meant to be, darling
I watch you when you are sleeping
You belong with me
Do you feel the same
Am I only dreaming
Or is this burning an eternal flame

The song played on the radio as Bobby looked out of the window and remembered the napkin in her back pocket

“Are you ok darling? You are very quiet” Danny said as he looked over to Bobby

Say my name sun shines through the rain
A whole life so lonely
And then you come and ease the pain
I don't want to lose this feeling

“Fine” Bobby said looking at Danny then she smiled “A bit hungry, maybe we can stop somewhere and have some breakfast”

“Your wish is my command” Danny said then he put his hand on Bobby’s thigh. Bobby looked down at her thigh and again thought about what is in her back pocket

Roo rubbed her lips together and looked at herself in the mirror. She didn’t need much makeup, The red lipstick is the final touch that she needed. Roo got up and went to look at herself in the long mirror in the wardrobe. Roo was satisfied with what she saw and smiled. In a way she wished Frank was here, he was sooo handsome, she had seen other women look at him when they were together but she knows that Frank only has eyes for her.  Roo picked up her earrings from the desk and put them in her ears. Next she picked up a necklace that Frank had given her as a birthday present and put it on. Lastly, Roo picked up her bag from the desk inhaled then exhaled and headed for the door to her first work cocktail dinner.

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Ok, time for school, lets get going” Frank said as he got up from the table

“Cant I just stay with Pippa today?” Sally said

“Come on Sal, let Pippa get some rest, you will see her this afternoon" Frank said

“Will you be here?” Sally said as she walked over to Frank

“Of course I will” Frank said and put his arm on Sally’s shoulder

“Before you all go, I want to say something” Pippa siaid

“Nev and I will go now” Floss said

“No Floss, please stay. You have been so kind to us, I owe you an explanation” Pippa said

“The reason I was in hospital is because I took some pills…I was very sad when Tom died..I guess I wanted to be with him. I was very selfish, I am sorry that I put you through so much in the last week” Pippa said

There was silence at the table

“We still love you Pippa” Steve said as he got up and went to hug his Mum

“Yeah we still love you” Carly said as she got up and hugged Pippa after Steve

“Yes we love you” Sally said as she hugged Pippa after Carly

“What is said here, stays in this house Ok? lets get going now…I wont be long Pippa” Frank said

“Ok” Pippa said as she hugged Christopher

Sally held Frank’s hand but stopped walking when she got to the door

“What’s the matter Sal?” Frank said

“You said not to go outside until Bobby and Danny are gone” Sally said looking up at Frank

“They are gone, I saw them leave when I was driving to get Pippa. You don’t have to be scared anymore” Frank said as he smiled at Sally

Sally smiled and followed Frank

“You look amazing Nancy” Ruth said as she met Nancy outside her room. Nancy looked like a movie star, she was wearing a long cream satin dress with thin straps and her hair was curly…Roo felt under dressed and suddenly self conscious

“Thanks, you look nice too” Nancy said as she looked at Roo’s dress

“I feel under dressed next to you” Roo said hugging herself

“You look fine Ruth, you are a pretty woman, you look great tonight” Nancy said and smiled

Roo managed a smile then followed Nancy towards the stairs

Summer Bay High School-Summer Bay

“Ill take Sally in, wait for me” Frank said as  he parked the car and opened the door

“See you later Sal” Carly said as Frank shut the door

“So you promise not to run away from school today?” Frank said as he walked hand in hand with Sally to her school

“I promise. Will you come and pick me up?” Sally said

“Yes I will…be good, ill see you later” Frank said as he bent down and gave Sally a hug

“I love you Frank” Sally said

“Love you too Sal” Frank said as he watched Sally run to the door

“Oh hello Frank” Mrs Patterson said

“Hello Mrs Patterson” Frank said

“How are you?” Mrs Patterson said

“Good” Frank said

“Ummm how are things at home? we had some trouble with Sally lately”

“Everything is fine” Frank said looking Mrs Patterson straight in the eyes

“Oh, ok, that is great to know” Mrs Patterson said

Frank smiled and walked away towards Steve and Cary who were waiting for him

Bayside Diner-Summer Bay

Ailsa stood at the doorway to the kitchen and watched Lance wipe down the empty tables then she turned back and looked at Matt washing the dishes in the kitchen

Ailsa picked up the sandwich in the bag and the coffee “Ill be back soon” She said then headed for the door

Summer Bay High School Summer Bay

“You are not Matheson’s legal guardian” Donald said

“Steve is my foster brother, our foster mother is unavailable to be here so I am here to represent her” Frank said as he looked Donald in the eye

“Alright” Donald said as he walked over to his chair and pointed for Frank and Steve to have a seat

“So Matheson, what was so interesting that you needed to skip school for a week?” Donald said

“That is not your business” Frank said

“You are very over protective of your family aren’t you Frank?”  Donald said

“Arent you?”  Frank said as he looked directly at Donald

“I understand there have been some personal issues you have been dealing with… you are smart Matheson so I know you will be able to catch up on the work you missed however you need to punished so detention every day for a week, an hour after school…get to class and send Morris in” Donald said

“Thank you Sir” Steve said then got up from the chair

“Don’t be late home tonight” Frank said

“Ok” Steve said as he opened the door and motioned for Carly to come in

Carly came in and sat down next to Frank

“What can I do for you Morris?” Donald said

“Sir, I wanted to ask if I can  take my HSC classes in the evening” Carly said

“Now why would I let you do that Morris?” Donald said

“Because I want to complete my HSC” Carly said

“You will probably end up graduating with Sally” Donald said

“Excuse me?” Frank said

“I keep giving you chance after chance yet your grades are always terrible. Why should you have the privilege to do your HSC at your choice?” Donald said

“Mr Fisher I understand if you don’t want to give me another chance. I think my chances at employment will be better with my HSC” Carly said

“To be honest, I don’t think giving you another chance will be of benefit to you.” Donald said while looking at Frank

“Before you continue to waste your time and mine, take a day or two to think about if you really want a final chance, if you do, you can start in the evening on Wednesay but only if you really are serious” Donald said

“Thanks Sir” Carly said as she got up and walked towards the door. Frank got up too

“Frank can I speak to you for a second?” Donald said

Frank stopped walking “Wait for me at the car” Frank said to Carly as she opened the door, went outside and closed the door

Frank turned around and looked at Donald

“Bobby and Danny left this morning” Donald said

“Good for them” Frank said

“I am glad that Bobby finally found someone who loves her…who truly loves…someone who would never leave her for his own selfishness” Donald said

“Is there some kind of point to this?” Frank said

“The point is Danny is a better man then you would ever be, why don’t you just leave Summer Bay….you have no use here” Donald said

“You cant tell me what to do” Frank said with a smile

“You are right, I cant tell you what to do but I can tell you how happy my daughter is now without you” Donald said with a smile

“Are you sure about that?” Frank said

“Yes I am actually, you never loved her and you made her unhappy….she doesn’t think about you now she is with Danny” Donald said

Frank looked at Donald and paused then  said  

But true love is a durable fire,In the mind ever burning,
Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning”

Frank smiled then walked out of Donald's office

Chapter 44

Beach-Summer Bay

Flashback to episode 115

Bobby -“I trusted you not to say anything”

Ailsa- “I wouldn’t have except..”

Bobby-“Ahhh look don’t worry about it, it’s a big game around here anyway, get Bobby to trust you then pick the right moment to chuck it back at her, yeah a real bag of laughs and in case you wanna know, your timing was spot on”

End of Flashback

Ailsa picked up coffee in the cup that sat next to her on the beach. She thought back to a time when Bobby thought she had betrayed her trust…kind of like now. Ailsa took a sip of her coffee and sighed..she loved Bobby like her own daughter but now the relationship is over and Bobby is gone…to marry a man in the hopes of getting over a man she truly loves and who loves her but is married to her cousin. “What a mess” Ailsa said to herself and looked into the water for answers.

Summer Bay High School- Summer Bay

Flashback to Frank and Bobby’s wedding

Pippa –“Donald would you like to say something to Bobby and Frank?”

Donald Fisher –“Yes, yes I would if you don’t mind. Just a few brief words by Sir Walter Ralegh

But true love is a durable fire,
In the mind ever burning,
Never sick, never old, never dead,
From itself never turning.

End of Flashback

Donald sat back in his chair thinking back to the day Bobby got married…to when he recited a poem by Sir Walter Ralegh ….the same poem Frank recited back to him earlier…

”Did I just make a mistake?’ Donald said to himself then shook his head and rested his head  in his hands He picked up the phone and dialed a number

“Hello yes, this is Donald Fisher, I just made a wire transfer from my account but I would like to cancel it” Donald said closing his eyes…

Summer Bay

“So what are you going to do” Frank said as drove

“I don’t know, I will never be as brainy as Bobby but I can’t just do nothing with my life” Carly said

“Well look at me, I am doing alright without my HSC” Frank said

“Yeah but you got lucky, the Macklin’s gave you a chance because of your wife” Carly said then moved around in her seat angry

“Then look for a job then and stop wasting time” Frank said irritated that Carly brought that up

“Where are the jobs around here? Summer Bay is dagville” Carly said

“I thought you were going to try the Sands Resort?” Frank said

“I am but that isn’t a permanent job. I wish Bobby was still here, I would’ve asked her for a job at the Diner” Carly said

“WELL SHE ISNT HERE SO JUST GET ON WITH YOUR LIFE” Frank said then banged his hand on the steering wheel

Carly jumped as Frank shouted, she was surprised to hear him get angry over that

“I am sorry, I didn’t mean to” Carly was interrupted by Frank

“No, I am sorry, I shouldn’t take it out on you” Frank said

“Take what out on me?” Carly said

“Nothing” Frank said and began to drive

“You still love Bobby don’t you?” Carly said

“Not your business” Frank said

“why don’t you ever talk to me about private stuff?” Carly said

“The last time we spoke about my private life, you told me I am going from the frying pan into the fire and I was basically marrying someone who was beneath me and would hold me back in career…remember?” Frank said

“But I didn’t mea” Carly was interrupted

“Yes you did Carly” Frank said

“Is that why you left?” Carly said

“Just forget it” Frank said as he parked the car

“Ill wait while you go into the Sands and apply” Frank said

“Ok” Carly said and got out of the car

Frank watched as Carly got out of the car, shut the door and walked towards the entrance. He didn’t mean to lose his temper at her, he was surprised he did, he just didn’t want to hear her name again

“Knock on window”

Frank looked to his left, standing at the window…Allison

Frank wound his window down “What do you want Allison?” Frank said

“I just wanted to say sorry again about everything that’s all and hope you have a good day” Allison said then walked away. Frank watched as Allison walked away…he watched as her body moved in her uniform…she looks half decent this morning Frank thought to himself. Franks thoughts were interrupted when Carly opened the car door

“Just great…they are hiring for temporary staff for the cocktail party on Wednesday but they don’t need any more females..When is my luck going to change?” Carly said as she rested her elbow on the window and put her head back on the headrest

Frank sighed. Carly wasn’t wrong, she had the worst luck some self inflicted.

“Carly, would you like to be my date to the cocktail party on Wednesday? Frank said looking at Carly with half a smile

“Are you serious? Like really serious?” Carly said

Frank nodded

“Oh Frank” Carly leaned forward and hugged Frank “Thank you, I never get to do anything around here. I cant believe I am going to my first real adult cocktail party. This makes up for you not inviting me to the Macklins one…What am I going to wear…oh I am sooo excited….Thank you Frank….. Can you drop me off at the Diner I have to tell Matt” Carly said. Frank smiled

“look.....Frank....I really am sorry, what I said about Bobby, I was jealous because you two were so in love and I had nobody" Carly said

"Doesnt matter now" Frank said as he started the car and began to drive

Macklin Corporation-“The City”

“Can you come in please, Cathy” Brett said into the phone

“Knock at the door”

“Yes Mr Macklin?” Cathy said

“Were you able to take care of what we spoke about on Friday?” Brett said

“Yes Sir, I just need to make the call to get the shoe size and height to get one of the dresses adjusted if you choose it, can I show you?” Cathy said

“Yes please” Brett said as he picked up the coffee cup from his desk while Cathy left the room

Cathy was gone for a minute then returned to Brett’s office with a garment bag and a magazine. She hung the garmet bag behind the office door , put the magazine on the chair and slowly pulled out three dresses on hangers and placed each one on the couch in Brett’s office. Brett got up from his seat and walked around the table and stood in front of the dresses. He carefully looked at each one “That one” Brett pointed to the third dress. Cathy picked dress up and held it out in front of Brett “Yes, that is the one” Brett said as he nodded

“Excellent choice Sir, here are the matching shoes and bag” Cathy said as she grabbed the magazine and flipped to the marked page and gave the magazine to Brett. Brett Smiled as he looked at the bag and shoe to match the beautiful dress

“Good work Cathy, I need everything in Summer Bay by 11am on Wednesday morning” Brett said

“Thank you Sir, I will return the other dresses then I will get the information and have everything ready to be couriered by Tuesday evening” Cathy said

“No, don’t return the other dresses, have them packed separately…I will take those with me” Brett said

“Very well Sir” Cathy said as she gathered up the dresses and left the office

Brett smiled to himself and went back and sat on his desk and picked up the phone and dialled

"Hello James...its Brett Macklin...good thanks. Listen I need a piece of jewelry, can you stop by with some pieces?..I am looking for a necklace...Well I need it by Tomorrow afternoon because I am going out of town...Good man, I will see you later" Brett said then he put the phone down and smiled

Bayside Diner-Summer Bay

Carly walked up to the counter and sat down on the bar stool

“Hi” Matt said

“Hi, I just went over to the Resort, they said they don’t need any more female wait staff” Carly said

“Sorry” Matt said and touched Carly’s face “How did it go with Fisher?” Matt said

“He said I can start in the evenings if I really want to commit to it but my grades are terrible” Carly said

“What are you going to do” Matt said

“I don’t know…but guess what? Frank said I can be his date for the cocktail party so I got some good news today” Carly smiled

“When Ailsa gets back ill go over to the Resort and hopefully I get a job then we can have our own secret cocktail party there” Matt said as he leaned forwards and gently kissed Carly on the lips

“Phone ringing”

“Bayside Diner” Matt said after picking up the phone 

“Can I speak to Miss Bobby Simpson please” Cathy Said

“She is not here, can I take a message?” Matt said

“Yes, she won a competition for a free pair of shoes, however when she filled out the competition form she forgot to put her shoe size, do you by any chance know what size she wears?” Cathy said

“No but her sister is here, Ill put her on the phone” Matt said then covered up the mouth of the receiver

“Some lady saying Bobby won a competition or something” Matt said then handed the phone to Carly

“Hello” Carly said

“Yes, I am trying to get in touch with Miss Bobby Simpson she won a competition for a free pair of shoes, however when she filled out the competition form she forgot to put her shoe size, do you by any chance know what size she wears?” Cathy said

“Size 7” Carly said

“Also how tall is Miss Simpson?” Cathy said

“5ft” Carly said

“Thank you very much, I will get her shoes sent straight away” Cathy said then put the phone down

“What was that about?” Matt said

“I don’t know” Carly said

Beach Summer Bay

Frank sat down next to Ailsa. She looked at him while he looked into the sea

“I am sorry about the other night” Frank said

“No need to apologize…I shouldn’t have come over and burdened you with my Bobby problem” Ailsa said

“I don’t think it matters now” Frank said

“It does… I didn’t know about how you felt….I was losing her and didn’t know how to handle it” Ailsa said

“Well I guess we both lost someone we love today” Frank  said

Ailsa put her arm on Franks shoulder while he still looked out in the ocean.

“The City”- Australia

“Bobby?” Danny said as he gently shook Bobby

Bobby opened her eyes

“We are in the City, I thought we could stop off for something to eat” Danny said

“Great, I am hungry” Bobby said as she rubbed her eyes then turned in time to see Danny taking a large wad of cash from his bag on the back seat and putting it into his  pocket

“Danny, where did the money come from?’ Bobby said

Chapter 45

Roo stood by the bar drinking her coke and looking around the room. David’s living room was starting fill up, Roo counted at least 20 people who were all dressed in nice dresses and suits. Roo scanned the room for Nancy and when she finally found her, watched as she spoke with an older man near the corner of the room. Roo thought about going over there since she had nobody to talk to but she didn’t want to interrupt so she just stood at the bar and looked at the brochure for David’s new business venture.

“Hello” Roo heard and she turned around. She was met with the most beautiful blue eyes she had ever seen. Roo was lost in the eyes for a few seconds then came back to reality

“Umm Hello” Roo said and smiled and the owner of the beautiful eyes smiled back

“My name is Donavan, I am David’s Head of Finance” Donavan said as he sipped his drink

“I am Ruth, I work with Nancy at the Edison Agency in New York, we will be working on David’s PR campaign” Roo said the she smiled. Donavan was reallllllly good looking Roo thought to herself.  He was much taller and bigger than Frank, had a moustache and beard neatly trimmed and his eyes…

“Ah yes, I know Nancy, she has worked with us for a while” Donavan said staring at Roo

Roo smiled, she couldn’t help herself, she was really attracted to this man..he  was different from Frank, he was an actual man.

“I detect an accent, where are you from?” Donavan said

“Australia, a small town called Summer Bay” Roo said

“So what brings you to the United States?” Donavan asked

Roo was stuck…she didn’t know what to say… “Just some different work opportunities” Roo said then smiled

“Well I am glad you made it here, can I get you another drink?” Donavan said looking down at Roo’s glass

“Yes please, a coke thanks” Roo said and she watched Donavan stand next to her and request another drink

Beach –Summer Bay

“Pippa is home” Frank said to Ailsa as they walked back to the Diner

“That’s nice, I will pop in to see her later” Ailsa said

“Thanks, I am sure she will like that. We are having a family dinner for her tonight hopefully being around us kids will help her homecoming” Frank said

“That’s a great idea. When are you going back to New York?” Ailsa said

“Thanks for reminding me, I nearly forgot I have to book my return ticket. I am leaving a week on Wednesday. I want to be around for a little while to help out Pippa. I am sure there are some people who want me gone like yesterday” Frank said

“What do you mean?” Ailsa said

“Oh its nothing, just Donald, he has been on my back since I got here” Frank said

“Well you can’t blame him..he helplessly watched his daughter get heart broken, he is very protective of her” Ailsa said

“I know but taking it out on me a year later is not going to change what happened” Frank said

“Maybe you need to tell him that” Ailsa said

“The City”- Australia

“What money?” Danny said

“The money in your hand, I thought you didn’t have much money” Bobby said

“I don’t, I just saved a bit up because I knew I wanted you to come with me” Danny said as he leaned over and kissed Bobby’s cheek

“Did you save enough to get me a ring?” Bobby said

“I think I can manage that” Danny said as he got out of the car. Before Bobby got out of the car, she looked back at Danny’s bag on the back seat for a few second then got out of the car.

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

Floss walked over to the couch and put a cup on the side table next to Pippa. Pippa smiled as she watched Christopher happily playing on the floor

“Oh thank you Floss” Pippa said as Floss sat on the couch next to her

“Youre welcome lovey, how are you? Floss said

“Glad to be home. Thank you for everything you and Nev have done here” Pippa said as she patted Floss’s arm

“You are welcome, I am happy you are home” Floss said then she put her head down

“Is there something wrong?” Pippa said

“Its nothing lovey, Frank ordered us not to worry you with anything. I will be fine” Floss said

“Did he now? Well I will be the one to decide that…what is going on?” Pippa said

“I had a really bad feeling about Bobby and Danny so I read the cards and I wasn’t wrong.  He was staying in a van and must’ve overheard me telling Bobby not to go. When she walked off, he came into my van and threatened me to stay away from Bobby” Floss said

“Oh no! I am sorry Floss” Pippa said then she sighed.

“I am fine, I am just worried about Bobby. She wants to get over Frank but this isn’t the way” Floss said

“Times like this I wish we didn’t come to Summer Bay then maybe none of this would be happening. We had a falling out at the hospital, she stormed out and now I won’t get to say sorry or see her again” Pippa said as tears started to form in her eyes

“I know love” Floss said as she held Pippa’s hand

The City- Australia

Danny watched as Bobby ate her food. They were finally away from Summer Bay

“So where to from here?” Bobby said after sipping her orange juice

“Well I was thinking we head up the coast and just see where it takes us” Danny said

“That’s fine by me” Bobby said

“I just need to go across the road to the bank” Danny said

“What for? I thought you had all your money?” Bobby said

“I do but I just need to check something in my account” Danny said and he got up “I wont be long” he said as he kissed Bobby’s head and walked towards the door

Bobby watched Danny walked away and as she was returning her gaze back to her food, she caught a couple in the corner….they were probably the age her and Frank were when they got together…they were close enough for Bobby to hear what they were saying

“I got to get back to school” The Girl said

“I cant wait until you finish, then we won’t have any more restrictions” The Boy said

“I know, just a few more months” The girl said

“Hopefully by then I got a good job and we can live together” The Boy said

“Yeah but don’t forget, I want to go to Uni” The Girl said

“Yeah, I am not going to stop you, as long as we are together” The Boy said

“Forever?” The Girl said

“Forever” The Boy said

Bobby sighed then put her hand in her back pocket and pulled out the napkin tied with a pink ribbon. She carefully untied the ribbon then rolled open the napkin

14/2/1989

“B,

You are half of me and I will always need you to make me whole

As long as you will let me, I will take care of your heart and love you forever”

F

x

Bobby rolled up the napkin tied it with the ribbon and put it into her side pocket when she looked up The Boy and Girl were getting ready to leave. Bobby watched them, they had their whole future ahead of them. Bobby watched as the Boy kissed the top of the Girls head and took money out of his pocket to pay for their food. The girl looked around and locked eyes with Bobby. Bobby smiled and the girl smiled back. Bobby turned away before tears started forming in her eyes.

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Nev put his hand in his pocket and took out the key. He wanted to clear out Danny’s caravan. It wasn’t his responsibility but he enjoyed helping out at the caravan park. The Fletchers had become like family to him and Floss. Nev opened the door and entered the caravan. Nev looked around then began taking the sheets of the bed and rolled them up into a ball. “Ill take these in and come back and tidy up” Nev said to himself. Just as he stepped out of the van he felt something fall on the floor. When he looked down, it appeared to be a photograph. Nev bent down and picked up the photograph when he turned it around he was shocked. It was the Fletcher family photograph but it had Frank and Sally’s faces cut out. 

“The City”- Australia

“I am sorry Mr Farnsworth, there hasn’t been any transfers into your account” The Bank Cashier said as she looked at her computer screen

“Are you sure? I am expecting a transfer from a Mr Fisher” Danny said

“Unfortunately nothing has come in” The Bank Cashier said and handed Danny back his bank book

As Danny walked towards the door, he felt himself getting annoyed....Donald lied

“The City”- Australia

“Mr Macklin, James is here” Cathy said into the phone

“Thanks, send him in” Brett said

“Please follow me” Cathy said as she put the phone down and  motioned James to follow her towards Brett’s office

Cathy knocked then opened Brett’s door

“James, come in, thanks for coming” Brett said as Cathy was shutting the door

“Thanks Cathy ” Brett said as he went and sat back on his chair

“I brought a few pieces for you to look at” James said as he opened his briefcase and pulled out four black square boxes. He took each box out and placed them on Brett’s desk. James closed his briefcase and put it on the floor and proceeded to open each box and turned them around towards Brett.

Brett studied each necklace and the earrings to match. He imagined each once around her beautiful neck and smiled to himself.

“For someone special?” James said as he watched Brett smile

“I think she is….Are they all diamond?” Brett said as he smiled and looked at each necklace.

“Yes, only the best” James said.

Brett nodded Then pointed at one “That one” Brett said pointing to one box. James looked down at the one Brett choose, picked up the box and walked over and handed him the box

“Yes, this is the one” Brett said as he took the box from James

“Excellent choice Brett, that is a beautiful piece, I have had several people enquire about it. Its one of a kind. Your special friend will be happy to know that no one else in the world will ever have this same necklace” James said

“That’s great”  Brett said

“let me clean it up for you, make it loo really nice for your friend” James said as he took the box back from Brett then picked up his briefcase from the floor, opened it and took out a cloth and some liquid

Brett opened the draw next to him and pulled out a cheque book “How much do I owe you?” Brett said as he clicked his pen on

“$1,500” James said as he took each piece out of the box and carefully cleaned it and put it back in the box

“Maybe next time I see you, you will be looking at rings” James said

Brett smiled then he said  “Maybe” and slowly tore the cheque out of the cheque book.

Chapter 46

“I see you are having a good time with Donavan” Nancy whispered in Roo’s ear which made her jump then her and Nancy laughed

“ I am enjoying myself. Thank you for inviting me along. Is there anything you need me to do?” Roo said

“No,  we pretty much got all the information we needed this afternoon, now its just time to relax. Don’t get drunk,  I am going to introduce you to a few people so you get familiar with them as we will be on this project for a while” Nancy said

“Oh I am just drinking coke, that’s all” Roo said pointing to her glass

“Nice to see you Nancy” Roo and Nancy were interrupted by Donavan as he kissed Nancy on her cheek

“Donavan darling, looking handsome as always” Nancy said as Donavan smiled and showed off a dimple in his cheek. Roo wanted to melt, Donavan was soooo handsome.

“Ruth I have just seen some people I want to introduce you to, please excuse us Donavan” Nancy said as she grabbed Roo’s hand before she could response. As Roo walked off, she tuned around to look at Donavan who raised his glass to her and she smiled.

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

Nev stood by the door attempting to get Floss’s attention but she was too busy talking to Pippa. Nev had been jumping up and down and waving his arms for the last 30 seconds but his wife was not paying attention. Nev shook his head

“Floss” Nev said and Floss finally looked over at him then Nev motioned for Floss to come outside

“What is it love?” Floss said not understanding what Nev meant

Nev again waved his hands for Floss to come outside

“Nev what is the matter love?” Floss said then Pippa turned around to look at Nev

“Umm I just want to show you something” Nev said

“What is it, why don’t you come inside?” Floss said

“Is everything alright Nev?’ Pippa said

“Ummm yes, I just want to show Floss something” Nev said smiling

“Alright love, I won’t be long Pippa” Floss said as she got up and walked towards the door

When Floss got to the door, Nev grabbed her arm and pulled her outside

“What is the matter?” Floss sad as she freed hersef from Nev’s arm

“Look” Nev said then showed Floss the photo

“Floss slowly  took the photo from Nev

“Where did you get this” Floss said as she looked a the photo

“I found it in Danny’s caravan as I was taking out the  sheets” Nev said

“Nev I have a really bad feeling about Bobby and Danny and there is nothing we can do about it” Floss said as Nev looked at her.

“Bayside Diner – Summer Bay

“Mrs Stewart, I know I just started working here again but I need to go into the City tomorrow to see my folks, if I find someone to take my shift, do you mind if I go?”  Matt said he stood nest to Ailsa in the kitchen

“Who did you have in mind?” Ailsa said

“Carly” Matt said

“Wont she be in school?” Ailsa said

“It’s a long story but she wont be” Matt said

“Ok that’s fine, just make sure she can be here on time at 8am, go take your lunch break” Ailsa said as she picked up two plates and took them out

“Thanks Mrs Stewart” Matt said as he walked out and towards the door

“Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“Hey Frankie” Frank stopped walking and turned around to see Martin running up behind him

”G’day Martin” Frank said as he started walking

“Have you changed your mind about taking Allison out?” Martin said

“ I told you no, I am not taking Allison anywhere” Frank said and he stopped walking

“What do you want? go on Frank there must be something I can do for you?” Martin said

“You can’t help me with what I want” Frank said as Martin looked at him

“You need a date, you cant go alone to the cocktail party” Martin said

“I have a date, I am going with Carly” Frank said

“You cant take her” Martin said

“Why not?” Frank said

“She is your Sister” Martin said

“And?’ Frank said and laughed

“You know” Martin said

“No, I don’t” Frank said

“Oh come on mate, please” Martin said

“No, Im sorry, I can’t” Frank said then he walked away

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Hello Summer Bay Caravan park” Carly said as she picked up the phone

“Hey, its me” Matt said

“Hi, how are you?”

“Good, I got the job at the Sands Resort” Matt said

“That’s good news” Carly said

“I have a favour to ask” Matt said

“Will you be able to work my shift tomorrow at the Diner while I am in the City? Mrs Stewart said it is ok and I will give you the pay when I get back on Tuesday night?” Matt said

“Yes I can, thanks for thinking of me”  Carly said smiling

“Of course. Will I see you later?”  Matt said

“We are having a family dinner for Pippa and we have to all be here otherwise Frank will be annoyed”  Carly said

“Ok well maybe ill come over to say good night” Matt said

“That will be nice” Carly said and smiled

“Alright, I will see you later” Matt said then he put the phone down

Carly smiled to herself then put the phone down as Frank was walking in.

“Hey, I am taking you and Pippa out for lunch” Frank said

“I cant, I have to look for something to wear on Wednesday and Matt has asked me to work his shift at the diner tomorrow” Carly said

“Where are you going on Wednesday?” Pippa said as she walked out of the kitchen

“The Sands Resort are inviting local business owners for a cocktail evening and Frank asked me to be his date….unless you want to go” Carly said

“No no, you go, it will be nice for you to go out for the evening” Pippa said

“So where are you taking me and Christopher for lunch?” Pippa said as she smiled

Sands Resort-Summer Bay

Martin walked into the Resort and saw Allison at the reception desk and motioned for her to come outside

“What are you doing here” Allsion said as she got outside

“Remember I am doing you a favour. Frank said he will meet you here but he wants everything to be on the quiet, he cant have the Stewart knowing that he is taking you out, might get back to his wife so he is bringing Carly as his date and once he gets here and everyone is gone, he will ditch her and be with with you” Martin said

“Thank you Martin, I knew you would be able to convince Frank.” Allsion said as she hugged Martin

“When are you putting my name on the guest list?’ Martin said

“Hold on, I will get you an invitation” Allison said then she went inside. She returned a few minutes later with a sealed envelope and gave it to Martin

“Here you go, thanks again” Allison said then went back inside. Martin put his invitation in his back pocket and smiled as he walked away

“Along the Coast”- Australia

Bobby looked out of the window as Danny drove....the scenery along the coast is beautiful. He hadn’t said anything since he left the bank. When Bobby was a little girl, she lived in the city for a little while with the people she thought where her parents. She didn’t remember any of it because she was very little but they eventually ended up in Summer Bay

But I can't stay away from you
I don't wanna let you go
And though it's killing me, that's true
There's just some things I can't control

Your love is slipping through my hands
And though I've heard it all before
I know you're telling me the truth
I know it's just no use
But I can't stay away from you

Danny looked over to Bobby, she was looking out of the window…she was thinking about something…someone…Danny turned the radio off

“Are you ok?” Bobby said, her thoughts were interrupted when Danny turned the radio off

“When do you want to get married?” Danny said

“You said in a couple of weeks” Bobby said

“I was thinking we can get married when we get to NewCastle” Danny said

Bobby began to panic…”in an hour? why so soon? I want time to find a nice dress” Bobby said then put her hand in her pocket and squeezed the rolled up napkin

Danny looked over at Bobby “You look fine as you are” Danny said

“Danny I want to wait a few more days” Bobby said

“What for, I thought you loved me?” Danny said

“ I want our wedding pictures to be nice, just a few days so I can get a dress that is all” Bobby said

“Ok” Danny said then put his hand on Bobby’s thigh

Bobby slowly breathed a sigh of relief

Bayside Diner- Summer Bay

“Are you sure you want to eat here? “ Frank said as he pulled up to the Diner

“Yes, I am “ Pippa said as she got out of the car and opened the backseat to get Christopher out of his seat

“Oh Hello Pippa, Hello Frank how are you?” Ceila Stewart yelled from across the street on her bike but eventually made  made her way to where Frank and Pippa were standing

“Frank I cant believe this is the first time I am seeing you since you have been back how are you? How is Ruth? “ Celia said

“She is fine Celia” Frank said as he took Christopher from Pippa and started walking into the Diner

“So will you be staying for long? I can imagine you don’t want to leave Ruth all alone in New York” Celia said

“No, I wont be staying long” Frank said and walked faster

“So how are you Pippa? Nice to see you up and about after you know” Celia said

“No, I don’t” Pippa said

“ You know, your little hospital stay” Celia said

“I don’t know why you are whispering, you have probably told half of the town anyway…excuse me” Pippa said and walked fast to catch up to Frank

Roo found herself walking outside to where the pool was, it was on the other side of the house. The night was beautiful, not too warm and not too cold…just perfect. Tonight has been magical Roo thought to herself. Most of the people were starting to leave, she could hear them outside but Roo still felt very awake. David’s house was amazing, Roo was thinking that she would love to live in a house like this someday. Roo looked around, she didn’t see anybody so she took one shoe off and dipped her toes in the pool…it felt like heaven. She had not been near a beach since her and Frank left Australia four months ago

“You want to have a swim?” Roo jumped then turned around and saw Donavan walking towards her with two glasses and a bottle of Champagne

“Oh I am sorry, I didn’t mean to come over here” Roo said as she rushed to put her shoe on

“No its alright” Donavan said and smiled then sat down on the couch near the fire pit “Come and join me” Donavan said and Roo walked over towards the couch and sat down.

The bottle of Champagne was already open, Donavan poured some for Roo then some for himself and put the bottle down

“A toast” Donavan said

“To what? Roo said as she picked up her glass

“To new friends” Donavan said and angled his glass close to Roo’s

“To new friends” Roo said and she touched Donavans glass with hers…smiled and took a sip of her champagne

What Roo didn’t see is that  Nancy’s room had a view of the pool and when she got to her room….she went to close the curtains and caught sight of Roo and Donavan laughing  like old friends…Nancy remembered the times when she would sit in Roo’s seat…hoping that Donavan wanted to turn a casual relationship into a serious one but unfortunately he didn’t look at her in the way he looked at Roo..Nancy watched for as long as her heart could take then she closed the curtain and walked away from the window.

@CaptainHulk

Haha yes, Gloria's songs seem to fit very well with this Fanfiction. Glad you are still reading!

Chapter 47

Bayside Diner Summer Bay

“That was great Ailsa, thank you” Frank said as he put his hand in his pocket to get some money

“No no, this is on the house, nice to see Pippa back” Ailsa said picked up the empty plates and smiled then walked back to the counter as Allison walked into the Diner

“Hi Frank” Allison said as she walked towards the counter. “Hello Mrs Fletcher nice to see you” Allison said as Pippa smiled

“What can I get you Allison?” Ailsa said

“Just a coffee to take away please” Allison said

“Allison turned around and looked at Frank and said “Are you having a good day?’

Frank didn’t respond, he just smiled

“Here you go Allison” Ail said and she put Allison’s cup on the counter, Allison took money out of her bag and gave it to Ailsa and smiled

“Thank you Mrs Stewart. Bye Mrs Fletcher, by Frank” Allison said then she walked out

Lance started laughing, Ailsa and Pippa looked at him then they looked at Frank

“Someone has a crush” Pippa said

“I wish that was all it was” Frank said as Lance laughed again

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

Carly looked at the bed, she had pulled all her clothes out of the wardrobe and put them on the bed trying to find something suitable to wear to the cocktail party. “I never have anything to wear” Carly said out loud. Floss was coming up the stairs when she heard Carly

“Whats going on here Love?” Floss said as she stood at the door

“Floss, I never have anything to wear, look, look at all my clothes. The one time I get to go to an adult party and I have nothing to wear…its not fair” Carly said as she crossed her arms and leaned back on the bad

“Oh come on love, you have lots of nice clothes, let me help you find something” Floss said as she walked over to the bed full of clothes

“No need to waste your time Floss, I am just going to tell Frank that I am not going” Carly said

“I think Frank will be disappointed” Floss said

“No he wont” Carly said

“Carly, I think Frank going with you will help him take his mind off other things” Floss said

“What other things…oh Bobby”  Carly said

Floss nodded her head

“I guess I can wear what I wore to the school party, the black dress” Carly said

“Yes that is a nice dress, let’s get it ready for the cocktail party” Floss said as she smiled at Carly

Newcastle- Australia

“I think we should call your Dad, let him know where we are” Danny said as he pulled up to a hotel

“No, I think its too soon. Are we going to stay here or drive a bit more? Bobby said

“I am a bit tired” Danny said

“I can drive, its still light outside, lets keep going, no point wasting money in a hotel” Bobby said

“Ok maybe later, lets go to the park over there and just relax” Danny said

“I have a blanket in the back, let me just get it out” Bobby said as she got out of the car, opened the back seat and took the blanket out and followed Danny to the park

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

What did you mean at the Diner about Allison? Pippa said as she got out of the car

“Martin wants me to take Allison out on a date so she can get him an invite to the cocktail party on Wednesday” Frank said as he closed the car door

Pippa laughed “Are you joking?

“No, I told him I can’t take her anywhere but he won’t leave it alone. I told him I am taking Carly” Frank said as he walked to the house

“Well why don’t you all go together?” Pippa said

“Pippa, you are as bad as Martin, I am not taking Alison anywhere especially not after what she said about Bobby” Frank said

“Frank” Pippa said

“I don’t want to talk about it. Ill be in my van for a bit then I am going to pick up Sally from school” Frank said as he turned back and walked towards his van

Pippa sighed as she watched Frank walk away...he was hurting she thought to herself then went inside.

Beverly Hills-California

“Its getting late” Roo said. She didn’t know what time it was but she did feel herself getting tired and it appeared that everyone was gone

“Nancy and I have a meeting with David in the morning then we fly back to New York” Roo said as she put her shoes back on. She had spent the last few hours talking to Donavan, he was amazing…she found out that he is 29, has a Master degree in Finance and started working for David four years ago and quickly was promoted to head of Finance. He has a dog and lived in a house about 20 mins away from David’s house in Los Angeles. Roo told him about herself, her job at the Edison Agency, her first PR event on Friday and her family in Summer Bay.

“I don’t want to keep you up, I have some stuff to take care of myself in the morning” Donavan said as he looked at Roo. She was beautiful, he thought to himself

“So since you are leaving tomorrow, when will I see you again?” Donavan said as he stood up

“I guess when Nancy and I are back here meeting with David” Roo said

“Let me be a gentleman and walk you to your room” Donavan said as he motioned for Roo to put her arm in his. Roo got up, linked her arm into his and they walked back into the house.

Newcastle- Australia

By the time Bobby got to the park, Danny already found a spot and was lying on the grass

“Hey, lay on this “ Bobby said as she spread the blanket on the grass and Danny moved onto the blanket. Danny pulled Bobby close to him and he put his head on her lap

“I am so happy that you came with me” Danny said

“Yeah me too” Bobby said looking at the sky

“Have you put your happiness in my hands?” Danny said

“That is what Frank said to me” Bobby said to herself

“Huh?” Danny said as he nudged Bobby

“Yes” Bobby said as she felt tears forming in her eyes

“No more Summer Bay, No more lies, no more hurt….just me and you forever” Danny said

Bobby didn’t respond…she heard Danny talking but she couldn’t hear what he was saying… she just looked around the park and focused her attention to a couple sitting on a swing….they looked so in love

“I think we should look around the shops later and start looking for your dress and maybe get me something decent to wear for the wedding” Danny said

“Hmm?” Bobby said

“I said we should love around the shops later and start looking for your dress and and maybe get me something decent to wear for the wedding” Danny said

“I agree, I didn’t want to tell you about your trousers but I do think you need a new pair to get married in” Bobby said as she began laughing as Danny tickled her

Caravan Park –Summer Bay

Like a river to the sea
I will always be with you
And if you sail away
I will follow you

Give me one more night, give me just one more night
Oh one more night, 'cause I can't wait forever
I know there'll never be a time you'll ever feel the same
And I know it's only words
But if you change your mind you know that I'll be here
And maybe we both can learn

Give me just one more night, give me just one more night
Give me just one more night, give me just one more night

Frank lay on his back on his bed, his head resting on his folded arms as he looked at the ceiling of the van thinking about when the Fletchers moved to Summer Bay and some of the fun times he had. Frank thought back to the first time he met Roo and how he liked her straight away…he then thought back to to the time they almost got married….then his car crash…Bobby telling him she loved him..Frank turned to his side and sighed…he thought about the bond he had with Bobby before he know it was love….he thought about the times Bobby was always jealous of Roo when she didn’t need to be…he thought about the time he told Bobby he no longer loved her and left…he thought about the times he and Roo enjoyed in the city….he thought about the night he proposed to Roo…he thought about their wedding day.. Frank got up and sat on the bed. He ran his hand through his hair, he had made such a mess of his life…if he had a second chance he didn’t know what he would do but he did know that he would always love Bobby…that he did know... Frank sighed then got up and walked towards the door to leave and pick Sally up from school.

“Here is my room” Roo sid as they got to the door “thank you for being a gentleman” Roo said and smiled

Donavan put his hand in his jacket pocket and took out a card “Here is my number, I hope you will give me a call” Donavan said as he gave Roo the card then kissed her cheek. Roo didn’t know what came over her but as Donavan was pulling away, she kissed his lips…his facial hair tickled her cheek. Donavan pulled away and smiled “Good night” He said then he left. Roo opened the bedroom door, closed it quietly, took of her shoes then lay back on her bed “wow” Roo said out loud then she smiled to herself

Newcastle-Australia

“Did you want me to drive” Bobby said as her and Danny walked towards the car

“Yes if you don’t mind” Danny said

“I am just going to go to the shop and get some snacks, do you want anything?” Danny said as Bobby walked over to the drivers side

“Oh just some gum” Bobby said as she opened the car door.

“Oh I have some in the pocket of my bag” Danny said as he walked over to the shop

“Which pocket” Bobby said but Danny was too far to hear

Bobby sat in the seat then leaned around and reached for Dannys back and started opening the pockets…no gum. Bobby was about to give up when she turned the bag around and opened a small pocket which  opened up the from section…no gum as Bobby was about to close the bag, she saw in the corner what looked like her name on an envelope and pulled it out, crumpled up with the envelope was a letter…Bobby furled her brows as she straightened the letter and began to read

Dear Bobby,

I Know you are still upset with me but I realized something last night, you are right. I was wrong to not consider your feelings and I was being an interfering tart by bringing up the past however that was just it, I didn’t want to see the past rehashed again and for you and Roo to both be hurt. I saw how heartbroken you were this last year, at times I would ask myself what I can do to make this better for you because you mean so much to me and I want you to be happy.  You said you will never get over Frank but I am glad you are giving Danny a chance. Hopefully you will eventually love him to the point where Frank will be a distant memory. I don’t know if I will ever see you again but I want you to know that I will miss seeing you but my compensation is knowing that you are happy.

Take care

Love Ailsa

Chapter 48

Summer Bay High School- Summer Bay

Frank parked the car outside the High School, turned off the engine and sat back in his seat. Frank looked at the High School, he remembered the time he interrupted Roo in class to tell her that her Father had agreed for them to be married. Frank also remembered the times he would meet Bobby after her exams and how happy she was to see him. Frank smiled to himself….then he saw Donald Fisher coming out of the building and got out of the car and walked towards Sally’s school.

Donald watched as Frank walked towards Sally’s school. He thought back to the conversation that he had with Frank earlier in his office

Flashback

Donald- “why don’t you just leave Summer Bay….you have no use here”

Frank - “You can’t tell me what to do”

Donald -“You are right, I can’t tell you what to do but I can tell you how happy my daughter is now without you”

Frank- “Are you sure about that?”

Donald-“Yes I am actually, you never loved her and you made her unhappy….she doesn’t think about you now she is with Danny”

Frank “But true love is a durable fire,In the mind ever burning,
Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning”

End of flashback

Donald was brought back to present when he heard Sally laughing as she got nearer to the car.

“I wish you can pick me up every day” Sally said as she squeezed Frank’s hand

“Well I will do what I can while I am here” Frank said as he smiled.

“Haven’t you left town yet?” Donald said as Frank got to the car

“I told you, you can’t tell me what to do, Sal get in the car” Frank said as he was about to open his door but Donald stood in the way

“What do you want?” Frank said

“I want you to go away and never come back to Summer Bay again” Donald said

“You can’t tell Frank what to do, you are a bully Mr. Fisher” Sally said

“Sal get in the car…look, you can be mad at me for the rest of your life for what I did to Bobby but it’s not going to change that it happened and it’s not going to change the fact that you can’t tell me what to do now get out of my way” Frank said as he forced his door opened which caused Donald to almost fall. Frank got in the car, started the engine and drove off.

“What about Steven, why are we not waiting for him” Sally said

“Steve is coming home later and when we get home, don’t tell Pippa what happened with Mr. Fisher” Frank said

“Ok” Sally said and she smiled.

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“Floss I am fine honestly, let me help with something” Pippa said as she walked into the kitchen

“No! now this is your first day back, Frank will kill me if he sees you in here, now go and have a sit down, me and Carly are going to make dinner” Floss said as she ties her apron at the back. As she watched Pippa walk over to the couch, she was happy to see her home but at the same time she was sad because she will miss taking care of the Fletcher household now that Pippa is home.

“Pippa!” Sally shouted as she ran through the door and ran towards Pippa on the couch.

Pippa laughed as Sally hugged her tight “did you have a good day?’ Pippa said

“Yes, I wanted the time to hurry so I can come home and see you” Sally said as she hugged Pippa tighter.

“Where is Steve” Pippa said as she looked behind Frank as he came through the door

“Fisher gave him an hour detention every day this week for wagging school” Frank said as he sat next to Pippa

“Go and and get changed” Pippa said as she kissed Sally’s head

“Ok, Hi Floss” Sally said as she ran towards the stairs

Floss smiled

“I am sorry about blowing my top earlier” Frank said

“I know. I am sorry. I wasn’t suggesting that you take Allison out, I was suggesting that maybe you all can go as a group since Martin is your friend, I don’t think there would be any harm in that” Pippa said as she touched Frank’s arm.

“I can’t be around her after the things she said about Bobby” Frank said

“What did she say?” Pippa said

“I don’t want to talk about it” Frank said

“Oh Frank …I feel like walking on the beach before dinner…will you join me?” Pippa said

Frank smiled

Newcastle-Australia

Bobby read the letter in her hand again…tears were running down her cheeks. Where did Danny get this from? She thought to herself, she couldn’t believe that Danny would keep this from her. Bobby looked up and saw Danny walking back from the shop, she wiped her face with the inside of her shirt and exhaled.

“I got enough snacks to keep us going” Danny said as he sat in the seat then looked over at Bobby. Danny looked down at Bobby’s hand she was holding the letter that Ailsa

“Where did you get this?” Bobby said looking at Danny

“I noticed it on the floor this morning” Danny said

“It has my name on it, don’t you think I have a right to read it?” Bobby said

“I was trying to help you” Danny said

“Help me how Danny?” Bobby said

“Bobby, listen to me” Danny said as he grabbed Bobby’s hand “those people in Summer Bay don’t love you like I do…they always hurt you, that is what you said. You don’t need them anymore…it’s just me and you now, forever” Danny said

Bobby removed her hand from Danny’s and crossed her arms “Danny you should’ve let me make the decision about this letter” Bobby said

“I know, I am sorry” Danny said the he put his head on Bobby’s chest

Bobby smiled, pushed Danny’s head up and started the engine.

The Beach- Summer Bay

Pippa took her shoes off and sighed “This feels really good” she said as she put her bare feet on the sand then laughed

“Life’s little luxuries” Frank said and smiled

“Floss won’t let me do anything around the house, I feel helpless” Pippa said

“It’s your first day back, just relax” Frank said

“Frank is there something wrong?” Pippa said

“Nothing is wrong” Frank said

“Frank…” Pippa said

“Nothing gets past you does it?” Frank said

“No” Pippa said and smiled

“Can I just enjoy walking on the beach with my mum? Frank said then he put his arm around Pippa

“Alright…everything is going to be alright Frank. Today is a new beginning for all of us” Pippa said

“I hope so” Frank said

Newcastle-Australia

Bobby flicked the indicator down, then pulled over to the left, stopped the car and put it in park. She looked over to her left, Danny fell asleep very quickly when she started driving and was curled up in the seat next to her. Bobby pulled out the letter from the side of the door and read it again’                       

Dear Bobby,

I know you are still upset with me but I realized something last night, you are right. I was wrong to not consider your feelings and I was being an interfering tart by bringing up the past however that was just it, I didn’t want to see the past rehashed again and for you and Roo to both be hurt. I saw how heartbroken you were this last year, at times I would ask myself what I can do to make this better for you because you mean so much to me and I want you to be happy.  You said you will never get over Frank but I am glad you are giving Danny a chance. Hopefully you will eventually love him to the point where Frank will be a distant memory. I don’t know if I will ever see you again but I want you to know that I will miss seeing you but my compensation is knowing that you are happy.

Take care

Love Ailsa

Bobby sighed then sat back in her seat and sighed. She turned the radio on then ran her hand through her hair

And I meant every word I said
When I said that I love you
I meant that I love you forever

And I'm gonna keep on lovin' you
Cause it's the only thing I wanna do
I don't wanna sleep
I just wanna keep on lovin' you

Bobby turned the radio off then shook her head “what am I doing” she said to herself and she looked out of the window in her door. As Bobby looked out of the window, a van drove past and the advertisement on the side said “GO HOME” . Bobby stared at the van as it drove away. She looked over at Danny still asleep then looked ahead and saw another park. Bobby started the engine again, indicated right, drove the short distance to the park, parked the car and got out. Bobby closed the door quietly and walked over to the empty swing and sat down. Bobby looked around, she noticed a Church across the road from the park, got up and walked in the direction of the Church. The door was open, Bobby slowly walked inside. The Church was empty…Bobby walked down the aisle and sat on the second to last pew. Bobby wasn’t very religious but the last time she sat in the Church in Summer Bay, she felt very calm like she felt right now. She looked ahead at the Cross at the pulpit “what do I do?” Bobby said out loud sighed then looked down at her hands

“Frank”

“What?” Bobby said as she turned around and saw the Reverend

“Oh, I am sorry, I didn’t know you were in here” The Reverend said

“Oh I am sorry Father” Bobby said as she started to get up

“Oh no, you sit down, I was talking to my Gardner, I am Reverend Jones” Reverend Jones said as he walked towards where Bobby was and sat in the Pew opposite her

“Hi,  I am Roberta” Bobby said

“You look troubled my child, how can I help you?”

“Reverend Jones we would be here all day if I told you my problems” Bobby said and smiled

“Well how about you tell me the one that brought you here” Reverend Jones said and smiled

“I am from Summer Bay, my Fiancé and I are travelling around Australia” Bobby said

“That sounds like fun” Reverend Jones said

“Yes, I know” Bobby said

“So why don’t you sound happy about it?” Reverend Jones

For the next fifteen minutes, Bobby proceeded to tell Reverend Jones the short version of everything that had happened since the Fletchers arrived into her life as she shed a few tears in between.

Reverend Jones sat quietly and looked at the troubled young woman he just met who was telling him her story

Bayside Diner

“Mrs. Stewart, Carly said she will be here tomorrow” Matt said as he wiped the empty tables

“Ok, when are you back?” Ailsa said

“I am driving back tomorrow night then Wednesday night I will be working at the Sands Resort, they hired some extra staff for the cocktail party.” Matt said

“I guess we will be closing early on Wednesday because Alf and I will be attending the cocktail party too” Ailsa said as she smiled then walked into the kitchen, went to the fridge and pulled out a box

“What’s in that?” Matt said

“Oh just a little something for the Fletchers, I know they are having a welcome home dinner for Pippa and I wanted to just drop this over there” Ailsa said as she put her handbag on her should.

“I don’t think it’s going to be very busy tonight so you and Lance head off at 6pm and say hello to your parents form me” Ailsa said as she headed for the door

Newcastle-Australia

“I am sorry to dump all this on you Reverend Jones but I needed to speak to someone who didn’t have an agenda or a biased opinion” Bobby said as she smiled

“No, its fine, that is what I am here for” Reverend Jones said and smiled

“So what should I do?” Bobby said

“Roberta, I can’t tell you what you do about your situation …what I can tell you, from experience, we think making decisions with our head  will make us completely ignore the desires of our heart. We follow our heart and sometimes it ends up being broken but during the times we do follow our heart, those are often the happiest times of our lives so… listen to your heart and go wherever it leads you” Reverend Jones said then he made the sign of the cross “Be safe my child, go with God” Reverend Jones said then he got up “Thank you Reverend Jones” Bobby said as the Reverend disappeared into the back. Bobby wiped her face got up and smiled. As Bobby walked out of the Church, for the first time in a long time, everything appeared clearer. She knew what she wanted and was for once going to do what made her happy.

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

Steve walked through the and put his school bag down and walked towards the fridge

“Hello love” Floss said as Steve came around the corner

“Hey” Steve said as he took some juice out of the fridge “Where is everyone? Steve said as he closed the fridge

“Pippa and Frank went for a walk, Sally is upstairs doing her homework and Chris and Nev are having a nap.” Carly said

“Ok, I am going to do my homework and change before dinner” Steve said then picked up his bag and headed towards the stairs

Newcastle-Australia

When Bobby opened the car door and sat down, Danny was awake, he was staring out of the front window

“Oh you are up? I didn’t want to wake you” Bobby said as she closed the door

“Where did you go?” Danny said still looking outside

“I just went for a walk around” Bobby said

“I thought you had run off and left me” Danny said still looking out of the window

Bobby let out a nervous laugh

“If you left me…I don’t know what I’d do…” Danny said still looking outside

“I don’t know what I’d do if you decided to leave me” Danny said still looking out of the window

“Danny….we need to talk” Bobby said as she shifted in her seat to face Danny

Danny turned and looked at Bobby with a very angry look on his face while breathing heavy…

Chapter 49

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

Floss stood at the sink looking out of the window….she couldn’t shake the feeling like something bad was going to happen…

“Floss we run out of salt, I am going to the shop” Carly said to Floss but got no response

“Floss, I am going to the shop” Carly said again, still no response. Carly walked over to the sink and tapped Floss on the shoulder and Floss jumped

“Sorry Floss, I was saying that we are out of salt so I am going to the shop” Carly said

“Sorry lovey, I have brand new packet in the van, I won’t be a minute, let me go and get it” Floss said as she wiped her hands on a towel and walked towards the door.

Bayside Diner-Summer Bay

“Mrs. Stewart said we can finish up at 6pm since it’s not usually busy on Monday’s so let’s start tidying up” Matt said to Lance who was organizing the napkins on the counter

“Alright Mate..Ay, did you go down to the Sands Resort about that job” Lance said

“Yeah, I got it but Carly didn’t so she will be taking over my shift here tomorrow while I am in the City visiting my parents” Matt said as he began sweeping the floor.

“Hello Lance” When Lance looked up, Marilyn his ex-girlfriend was standing at the door

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

Floss quietly closed the van door behind her. Nev was still taking his nap. Floss opened the cupboard and took out the unopened packet of salt and just as she was about to open the door to leave, she stopped. Floss put the salt on the counter and went over to her table, sat down then pulled out her Tarot cards from the draw. Floss sighed then slowly shuffled the cards. Floss looked behind her to see if Nev was waking up but he wasn’t. The first card she turns over…The Lovers…the second card she turns over..The Hanged man….the final card she turns over…Death. Floss put her hand on her chest then over her mouth. She wanted the cards to be sooo wrong but they hardly ever were. Floss sighed

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“It’s only me” Ailsa said as she popped her head in the door

“Oh Hi Mrs. Stewart” Carly said when she looked around the corner

“I just wanted to bring this over for your dinner tonight” Ailsa said as she gave Carly the box

“Just a dessert I thought you might all enjoy. Where is Pippa?” Ailsa said

“She went for a walk with Frank on the beach, they should be back soon” Carly said

“Ok, I will catch up with Pippa tomorrow and I will see you bright and early tomorrow” Ailsa said with a smile

“Thank you for the opportunity Mrs. Stewart” Carly said with a smile as Ailsa was leaving

As Ailsa walked to her car, she saw Floss walking towards the house and said “Hello Floss” to which Floss didn’t respond. Ailsa looked at Floss who appeared to be in a daze

“Floss, are you alright?” Ailsa said

“Oh I am sorry love” Floss said when she was brought back to the present

“Are you alright?” Ailsa said

Floss looked around…”Yes, yes, I am fine, sorry love Floss said then rushed back into the house. Ailsa watched her go in then got into her car and drove off

Bayside Diner- Summer Bay

“G’day Marilyn” Matt said as he looked at Marilyn

“Hi Matt” Marilyn said and smiled

Lance didn’t say anything, he continued to organize the napkins on the counter while Marilyn walked closer to him. Matt continued to sweep around then eventually went towards the kitchen and began sweeping there

“How are you?” Marilyn said

“Why are you here?” Lance said as he picked up a cloth and started wiping the counter

“I came to see you, I went to your house and Martin said you would be here” Marilyn said

‘I am working, I can’t talk right now” Lance said as he walked around the counter then began folding the chairs

“Ok, I will wait outside for you” Marilyn said then she walked towards the door. Lance watched as she walked away

Newcastle- Australia

Bobby was feeling really nervous as she looked at Danny

“Danny, this is a mistake….me leaving with you” Bobby said

“What do you mean a mistake? It’s that stupid letter isn’t it?” Danny said

“No, it’s not. I really like you and I have been thinking about it, it’s too soon for me to make the kind of commitment you want” Bobby said

“Ok we don’t have to get married in a few weeks we can wait for a while, that is fine with me” Danny said

“It’s not just that..” Bobby was interrupted

“Well what is it then?” Danny said

“I don’t know Danny, I just think this is rushed” Bobby said

“Let’s just drive and we can talk about it, let me drive, I am alright now” Danny said

“Danny, I want to go back to Summer Bay” Bobby said

“Why? Those people don’t love you like I do…you said they hurt you” Danny said

“I know but Summer Bay is my home Danny” Bobby said

"No its not, your home is with me, remember? just you and me forever" Danny said

"Danny I am not sure if I want that" Bobby said

“Ok…I will take you back to Summer Bay” Danny said then he smiled, let me drive” Danny said the Bobby got out of car, Danny got out of the car too and walked around to the driver’s seat...just before Danny got into the seat, he opened the back door,  took something out of his bag and pushed it into his pocket. When Danny sat down in the car, he looked over at Bobby, she was playing with something in her pocket….Danny was getting angry…”I told you she didn’t love you” Danny heard in his head…”I told you she didn’t love you” Danny heard again…

“Maybe Ill stay with you in Summer Bay and we can maybe plan our wedding for next month” Danny said

“Danny if you want to travel, I don’t want to stop you” Bobby said as she squeezed the rolled up napkin in her pocket

“I want to be with you, if you don’t want to travel yet, I can wait for you” Danny said

“Danny I don’t want to hold you back..”  Bobby said

“You don’t love me do you?” Danny said

Bobby didn’t respond

“ANSWER ME?” Danny said

Bobby jumped when Danny shouted, she was really surprised

“ANSWER ME RIGHT NOW” Danny said again

“I am sorry Danny” Bobby said then she put one hand on Danny’s shoulder the other on his arm

“I am sorry I shouted, I just love you so much” Danny said then Bobby hugged him and pulled away from the hug but kept her arms on Danny’s shoulder.

As Bobby looked out of the window, Danny slipped his hand into his pocket and pulled something out….before she realized it Danny grabbed her arm really hard and twisted it behind her back, as Bobby tried to defend herself, Danny grabbed the other arm and tied both together with the wire he took out of his bag

“Danny what are you doing?” Bobby said as she tried to wriggle out of the wires

“You are going with me” Danny said

“Danny, please stop” Bobby said 

“You owe me for taking that punch from that idiot ex-husband of yours because that silly little girl couldn’t keep her mouth shut” Danny said as he tied Bobby to the seat of the car with some more wire he took out of his bag

“What are you talking about?” Bobby said

“That silly little girl, I shouldve snapped her neck when I had the chance” Danny said as he wiped sweat from his forehead

“So she was telling the truth?....Danny, why did you do that to Sally?” Bobby said

“I was doing it for you because those people don’t love you like I do” Danny said as he looked at Bobby tied up…admiring his handy work

“Ok, I will go with you, please Danny just untie me, let’s talk about it” Bobby said

“I will untie you when we get to a phone, your Father owes me money” Danny said as he bent over and tied Bobby’s feet

“Why does he owe you money?” Bobby said as tears fell without permission

“Well my darling Bobby, your Father promised to wire me thousands for taking you out of Summer Bay, so I own you now….and from now on, you are going to do everything I tell you to do” Danny said as he kissed Bobby on the cheek then covered her with a blanket so those looking into the car wouldn’t see that she is tied up.

“Is that he money in your bag?” Bobby said

“Yes, that is the money for your wedding dress” Danny said

“See, I told you she loved me and she was going to come with me” Danny said

Bobby started getting scared…she thought Danny’s problems were under the control…Bobby’s mind flashed back to what Danny did to her birth mother Morag and she began breathing heavy

“Dany there is no one else in the car” Bobby said hoping to calm him down as Danny started the engine and putting the car into drive

“YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH YES THEY ARE HERE IN THE CAR WITH US” Danny said then he took his hands off the wheel, leaned forward and put his arms around Bobby’s neck and began to squeeze.

Bobby couldn’t breathe, 

“Danny don’t, please don’t…ill go with you” Bobby said fighting for breath as the car began rolling forward. Danny didn’t realize it but as he shifted in his chair to better suffocate Bobby, he pressed the gas pedal and immediately the car shot forward into the park and hit a tree. Danny was thrown back in his seat then forward in to the front window. Bobby shot forward hitting her head on the window then thrown back into her seat with blood dripping down her face. After the impact, Danny opened his eyes, he looked over at Bobby and the blood on her face, he gently kissed her mouth and moved her hair from her eye. “Rest in peace Bobby” Danny said then reached into the backseat for his bag,  opened the car door and began to run.

Stewart Residence

“Ailsa closed the door behind her and took off her shoes. She went over to the couch and sat down and sighed

“Mummy” Ailsa looked to her left and saw Duncan running in from the dining room

“Hello sweetheart” Ailsa said as she reached out her arms to her son who jumped onto her. Ailsa picked up Duncan and kissed him on the forehead

“Hello love, I am making Dinner” Alf said as he stood by the door

“Ok” Ailsa said as she hugged Duncan and thought about Bobby.

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Floss stood by the cooker with her one hand around her neck

“Are you ok Floss” Sally said as she looked at Floss

Floss didn’t respond. Sally pulled Floss’ apron to get her attention. “Sorry lovey” Floss said looking at Sally

“Are you ok, you look funny” Sally said

“I am fine love, now please go and set the table” Floss said as she smiled at Sally. As Sally walked away Floss put her hand back on her neck, she had a very bad feeling.

Bayside Diner

Matt turned the Diner lights off and locked the door

“Ill see you on Wednesday mate” Matt said to Lance then walked towards his car

“So what do you want” Lance said as Marilyn walked towards him

“I came to say hello” Marilyn said

“Hello” Lance said then began to walk off

“Please Lance can we talk?” Marilyn said

“Talk about what? Lance said

“About us” Marilyn said

“There is nothing to talk about, you made your decision and that’s it” Lance said then walked away

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“The table looks great Sally” Pippa said as she picked up Christopher and put him into his high chair

Sally smiled

“Is there anything I can do?” Pippa said

“No lovey, everything is ready, we can eat once Frank and Steve are here, where are they?

“Frank is coming, he just stopped by his van and I haven’t seen Steve” Pippa said

“He is upstairs, I will go and get him” Sally said as she ran towards the stairs.

Steve looked at the blank paper…it was his turn to write to Sandra but he didn’t know what to say

“Steve, dinner is ready” Sally said as she got up the stairs

“Thanks, were is Frank?” Steve said

“In his van, I am going to get him for dinner” Sally said

“Don’t worry, Ill go” Steve said then he got up and walked towards the door

Frank put on his T-shirt then after pulled on his shorts. He put is clothes on the chair, making a mental note to take then in the house for washing when he heard a knock on his door. Frank opened the door

“Hi, do you have a minute” Steve said and stepped inside the van

“Yeah, what’s up” Frank said as Steve sat down and he sat opposite him

“I spoke to Sandra” Steve said

“You told her about Rebecca?” Frank said

“No” Steve said

“So what’s wrong?” Frank said

“When I called her, she was just coming home, she went out to the movies” Steve said

“So?” Frank said

“She went to the movies with a guy she has never mentioned before” Steve said

Frank smiled then said “Ohhhhh, you’re jealous”

“How can I be jealous when I decided that I want to be with Rebecca?” Steve said

“If Sandra has a boyfriend, she won’t have any more time to inflate your ego” Frank said

“Why do I feel this way?” Steve said

“I just told you” Frank said

“I said she can come up and visit, she is going to ask Mrs Stewart if she can stay there” Steve said

“After what she told you, do you think that’s a good idea?’ Frank said

“I still want to be friends with her” Steve said

“As long as you can handle just being that. You said you want to be with Rebecca, if Sandra has a boyfriend, don’t spoil things for her if you have no intention of being more than just friends…come on, lets go in for dinner” Frank said

Newcastle-Australia

Background music – Frank and Bobby’s theme

Danny stopped running so he could catch his breath. He walked over to a bus stop and sat down. He looked at his watch, it was 6:15pm. He didn’t know where he was running to but he knew he had to get as far away as possible now because he killed Bobby

Reverend Jones watched from across the street, there had been some kind of accident. He decided to walk over to see if he could be of any assistance. When the Reverend got nearer to the accident site, he could see the fire fighters carrying out a woman from the car and lay her on the grass..she looked familiar to the Reverend…

Fisher Residence

Donald opened the oven, his pie was nearly cooked, maybe 10 more minutes he thought to himself then he shut the oven door and sat down at the dining table and read the newspaper. He reached his arm out and turned the radio up

“Traffic is slightly backup on the Newcastle highway this evening due to a car accident that occurred a while ago. One of the victims is a young woman, there are no other details at this time but we will keep you updated”

Donald got up from his seat, he forgot to put his vegetables on the stove as he walked towards the fridge

Caravan Park Summer Bay

“I would like to make a toast” Frank said as he got up from his seat

“Pippa we are so glad to have you home, you mean so much to everyone at this table  so I just want us to all raise our glasses to you and thank you for everything you have done for us…we love you Pippa” Frank said

“We love you Pippa” everyone said in unison at the table

Pippa got up from her seat.

“Thank you Frank…I want to make a toast….I know things didn’t end well but I want to make a toast to Bobby..I hope she will be happy wherever she is and I hope maybe one day she will come back and we will be a family again. To Bobby” Pippa said with a tear in her eye

The table was silent…..Frank hugged Pippa with one arm, sighed then said “To Bobby” then everyone at the table got up and in their own time said “To Bobby”

Newcastle-Australia

“Keep trying” the man said as he knelt down beside the Paramedic who was attempting to resuscitate Bobby

“The man held Bobby’s hand as the Paramedic continued. “She isn’t dead, keep trying” The man said again.

“Do you know her?’ A second Paramedic said

“Yes, I am her Father” The man said “please keep trying”…he knew she wasn’t dead…it wasn’t her time

Reverend Jones stood behind the man and silently said a pray for the young woman he met earlier…the young woman he prayed will live and have the happy life she wanted.

Background music ends

Chapter 50

Stewart Residence

Ailsa pushed her food around on the plate

“Is there something wrong with the food love?” Alf said as he watched his wife. He was enjoying the meal and so was Duncan, who had made a mess of his face and high chair

“No, nothing” Ailsa said

“Ails, can we talk? I hate that you are shutting me out” Alf said as he reached out to touch Ailsa’s hand

Ailsa pulled her hand back and put it in her lap

“What is going on” Alf said

“Nothing” Ailsa said as she got up from the table and walked towards Duncan

“Look at you all messy, let’s get you cleaned up” Ailsa said as she smiled at her son

Newcastle-Australia

Background music- Frank and Bobby’s theme

"I am sorry...she has gone" The Paramedic said and he stopped

"No, wait please keep trying" The man said

The Paramedic looked at the calm man

"Please" The man said again

Reverend Jones continued to pray in the background with his eyes closed

The Paramedic continued to administer CPR for the next three minutes. As he did, this, the stranger next to him kissed his two fingers and put them on Bobby's forehead one minute later..“I got a pulse....I got a pulse.... but she is still unconscious” The Paramedic said

“Her name is Bobby” The man kneeling beside the Paramedic said

“Bobby, can you hear me? Bobby” The Paramedic said as he shook Bobby

“I think we better get her to the hospital” The second Paramedic said

“No, wait please keep trying…tell her Frank is waiting for her” The man said as the second paramedic went to the back of the ambulance to get the stretcher ready

Reverend Jones stood in the back, eyes still closed and praying for this young woman who left an impression on him

“Bobby…Bobby wake up…Frank is waiting for you” The Paramedic said

As if by magic…Bobby opened her eyes

“She’s awake” The paramedic said

Revered Jones opened his eyes "Thank you God” Reverend Jones said and made the sign of the cross and clasped his hands

“I think those were the magic words” The Paramedic said and when he looked to his right…the man had disappeared. “where did that man go? He asked  “He said he is her Father” The Paramedic said as he looked around

“What happened to me” Bobby said

“You were in a car accident and we are going to take you to the hospital now” The Paramedic said

“Where is Danny?” Bobby said

“There was nobody else here” The Paramedic said

“I have to get home” Bobby said as she attempted to get up

“We have to take you to the hospital as a precaution” The Paramedic said

“I am fine, please I need to get home” Bobby said

“We cant let you go home, you were just in a car accident. The Police want to talk to you about the accident and why you were tied up” The Paramedic said

“ I just want to go home to my family…please” Bobby said as she began to cry

“I think your family is here, your Father is the one who told us to say Frank is waiting for you then you woke up” The Paramedic said

“My Father?” Bobby said confused and crying at the same time then she saw Reverend Jones

“Reverend Jones please help me, I want to go home to my family....please I just want to go home” Bobby said crying

“Ok my child, let me talk to the police” Reverend Jones said

“Ill get to the hospital as soon as I get to Summer Bay, I want to be with my family, please” Bobby said crying

“Summer Bay? That’s like 3 hours away” The Paramedic said

“Please… I will go to the General Hospital once I get there” Bobby said as the Paramedic attempted to wipe the blood from her face and looked at his partner

"I will call your family when we get to the hospital" The Paramedic said

"NO I WANT TO GO TO MY FAMILY PLEASE I WANT MY FAMILY" Bobby said screaming and crying

The two Paramedics looked at each other

"I am sorry, we cant let you go" The second Paramedic said

“Lets do some tests now, if the Police say you can go then I will let you leave but you must get to the hospital once you get there” The Paramedic who revived Bobby said

“I spoke to the Police, they want a statement from you. The car can be fixed, they want an address to tow it to. You said you are from Summer Bay?” Reverend Jones said when he walked over to where Bobby was

“Yes Reverend. I just want to be with my family now, please ” Bobby said still crying

“Ok, well lucky for you, I have to go to the Yabbie Creek so I will be driving through Summer Bay, I can take you home” Reverend Jones said

“Thank you” Bobby said as she cried harder

Background music ends

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

So you are not going to talk to me? Martin said as Lance sat on the couch with a Pizza

“Why did you tell Marilyn where I was?” Lance said

“oh come on mate, she wanted to see you, what is wrong with that? Anyway guess what I got Martin said as he pulled out the envelope from his back pocket

“What is that?” Lance said as he pushed half a slice of Pizza into his mouth

“The invitation to the Sands party. Lance looked confused “Frank agreed to take out Allison? Lance said with a mouth full of Pizza

“That is what she thinks, I told her Frank was taking Carly but was going to drop Carly once he got there and she fell for it” Martin said laughing

“What if Frank finds out” Lance said

“He wont find out, once I am in the party, there is nothing Allison can do about it” Martin said as he laughed

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

Pippa watched as Frank pushed his food around on his plate “Are you ok” Pippa said as she touched Frank’s arm. Pippa could tell…he was missing her just as much as she was

Everyone else at the table were in deep conversation

Frank looked at Pippa and smiled

Floss pushed her food around on the plate

“Are you alright love” Nev said as he noticed that his wife hadn’t eaten much

“Love I can’t shake this feeling that something bad is going to happen” Floss said

“Let not talk about it now, don’t want to spoil Pippa’s dinner” Nev said as he touched his wife’s arm

Newcastle- Australia

Danny took the ticket from the ticket clerk and walked over to the bus stop. He purchased a ticket to Anna Bay, he needed to get to out of town before the police arrest him for Bobby’s murder. Just as Danny walked over to the bus stop, the bus pulled into the station. Danny stood in line and eventually got on the bus, gave his ticket to the driver and went and sat right at the back in the corner where he could hide.

“Now where in Summer Bay are we going to” Reverend Jones said as he helped Bobby into the back of the car. He felt it would be suitable giving her a chance to lie down if she wanted

“Summer Bay Caravan park” Bobby said as she struggled to lay on two blankets the Reverend had places on the back seat. Her body hurt but nothing was broken, the Paramedics out a badage around her head to stop the bleeding

“Oh I know there, used to be owned by the Stewart Family” Reverend Jones said

“Yes, Alf Stewart sold it to my parents almost two years ago. Bobby said as she wrapped her towel around her head to stop any bleeding getting on the Reverends car

“Interesting…well try not to fall asleep, the Paramedic said you have to stay awake” Reverend Jones said

“Ok” Bobby said as she tried to make sense of everything that happened then she remembered something and put her hand in her pocket and exhaled, the rolled up napkin was still in her pocket.

Over the next few hours, Bobby and Reverend Jones spoke about many things, she really enjoyed speaking to him even though her head really hurt. As they approached Summer Bay, Bobby’s heart began to beat fast in her chest, she wanted to be home so badly, she had to tell Sally she was sorry, she had to tell Frank she was sorry….but first she had to see her father

“I am sorry Reverend, can we please make a stop somewhere” Bobby said

Caravan Park - Summer Bay

“Floss that was wonderful and thanks to Ailsa for the dessert” Pippa said

“I am stuffed” Sally said

“I think its time you get to bed young lady, its very late” Sally said

“But Pippa, it’s your first night home, I want to be with you” Sally pleaded

“Ten more minutes and then bed. No story tonight” Pippa said with a smile

Frank and Carly washed the last of the dishes while Floss Nev and Steve cleared the table

“I am so excited for Wednesday Frank, thank you again for taking me” Carly said as she handed the plate to Frank whose mind was miles away

“Frank” Carly said as she nudged Frank who came back to the present and took the plate from her

Fisher Residence

Background music- Frank and Bobby’s theme

“Are you sure you are ok” Reverend Jones said

“Yes I am fine” Bobby said as Reverend Jones helped her struggle to get out of the car and put the bloody towel around her neck. Bobby slowly walked to the front door.

Donald was in the living room watching a film when he heard the front door opening. He thought it was a burglar so as he stood up Bobby walked through the door covered in blood

“Bobby what happened?” Donald said in shock

“You gave Danny money to take me away from Summer Bay?” Bobby said

“What happened?” Donald said

“Did you give Danny money to take me away from Summer Bay? Bobby said

“Yes but it was for your own...” Donald was interrupted

“How many times am I going to tell you to stay out of my personal life?” Bobby said

“Bobby please what happened to you?” Donald said

“Stay away from me, I never want to see you again” Bobby said as she walked as fast as she could in pain to the door, slammed it behind her and walked fast to Reverend Jones car

Donald looked in the direction of the door, drops of Bobby’s blood was on the floor…”what did I do?” Donald said to himself as he stood looking at the blood in shock

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Thank you so much Reverend Jones, I don’t know how I can repay you” Bobby said as Reverend Jones parked the car outside the house

“Be happy, ” Reverend Jones said and smiled as  he helped Bobby out of the car

“Will you be ok?” Reverend Jones said as he put Bobby's bags outside

“Yes I will be fine” Bobby said as she began to cry

“Take care now…ill pass back to see you on my way home…go with God” Reverend Jones said as he made the sign of the cross and reversed his car

“I think its now time for you to go to bed” Pippa said as she kissed Sally on the head and stood up

“Yeah I am pretty tired too, Frank said also standing up

Bobby was tired, her body hurt, her head hurt, her heart hurt, she just wanted to see her family so badly. When she got to the door, everybody she loved was there…Bobby started crying harder then opened the door. Everyone turned around to see her standing there….her face and clothes covered in blood

Carly and Floss gasped,

“Pippa” Bobby said as she dragged her feet on the floor in still crying

Everyone in the house was just shocked to see Bobby this way

“Pippa…I am sorry..Sal…I’m sorry” Bobby said and struggled to walk towards towards Pippa who looked shocked…”Frank…” before she could finish what she was going to say, Bobby collapsed on the floor

Background music Ends

Archived