Homecoming

Summer's Bay

I hope you are still enjoying. Lots of surprises coming up! :)

Chapter 31

Fisher Residence-Summer Bay

Bobby shut the front door and leaned on the back of the door, “what a day” she thought to herself. As she walked to the living room, she saw her Father sitting in a chair reading

“I wasn’t sure if you were coming home tonight. I thought it was Rebecca” Donald said as he put the book down that he was reading

Bobby went over to the couch and sat down “I guess you have heard the good news” Bobby said

“ Congratulations, I am happy for you and Danny” Donald said

“Danny and I are leaving on Monday” Bobby said

“That’s a bit sudden but I think that is great, a nice new start for you away from Summer Bay” Donald said smiling

Bobby was surprised that her dad was being over enthusiastic about her leaving

“Do you need me to help you pack or something” Donald said

“No, I can do that myself” Bobby said as she got up

“Bobby wait” Donald said. Bobby stopped walking

“Its been a long day” Bobby said

“No, I just want to say that I am happy that you are going, you have been unhappy for a long time, I want to have a party for you” Donald said

“No party, please I am serious” Bobby said

“ Ok, I will respect that” Donald said as Bobby walked off to her room and shut the door. He smiled to himself, his plan worked.

Summer Bay

Frank could here Allison talking in the seat next to him but he wasn’t listening to what she was saying. Every other word that came out of her mouth is Bobby. Frank thought about what Bobby and Danny did tonight. Frank thought about when he and Bobby used to be intimate....then he smiled to himself…he then thought about him and Roo being intimate and what he was about to do with Allison. He was brought back to the present by Allison talking

“I cant believe that Frank Morgan is taking me home, all the times I would see you and Bobby together I never expected that I would get a chance” Alison said smiling as she touched Frank’s arm

“You know that I am married to Roo, what does Bobby have to do with this? Frank said as he turned into the road leading to Allison’s house

“Because I never understood why you went with her in the first place, she is an ugly derro, how could you even bare to be around her” Allison said “At least with Roo she is pretty and has potential like me, Bobby is just dirty” Allison said as she touched Frank’s thigh

Frank pulled up outside Allison’s house and turned off the engine. Frank turned towards Allison, smiled and leaned in towards her. Allison’s heart was beating fast, she had been waiting for this chance for ever

“Get out” Frank said

“What” Allison

“Get out” Frank said

“What is going on? Allison said

“I told you, I wouldn’t touch you even if you paid me, especially not now after the crap you just said about Bobby” Frank said

“Ok, I am sorry about what I said about Bobby, I don’t know why you care anyway, let’s just go inside” Allison said as she touched Frank’s arm

“Never, get out” Frank said as he started the engine again

“Are you serious?” Allison said

“You are starting to annoy me, get out before I throw you out” Frank said as he looked at Allison angry

Allison got out of the car quickly and Frank drove off. “I can’t believe I lost to Bobby Simpson again" then she shook her head and as she turned,  her shoe got caught in mud

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Its getting late, your Dad is going to be wondering where you are” Steve said as he kissed Rebecca’s head

“Just another 30 mins and Ill get going” Rebecca said as she hugged Steve. She really liked Steve, they had been casually seeing each other, nothing heavy. They  lived too far from each other to be very serious even though she knows that is what Steve wanted. She knows that Steve dated other people, she didn’t expect him not to, she did the same but they still really liked each other. She had to find a way to make sure that Matt wouldn’t ruin that.

Summer Bay

He parked the car out of sight from the house and got out. He quietly walked behind the house to her bedroom window. The curtain was open slightly; he could see inside, she had a suitcase on her bed, open and removing clothes from a drawer and packing them neatly in the case. He couldn’t believe he was doing this but he just had to see her…he knocked twice at the window

Bobby heard the knock on her bedroom window, she put her tops down into the suitcase and walked over to the window, maybe it was Rebecca since she hadn’t come home yet. Bobby opened the curtain and was met with a surprise….Frank

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

Carly went downstairs, the house was quiet. Frank wasn’t back yet, Sally was sleeping, Steve was outside somewhere with Rebecca and the McPhees had gone home. Carly went over to the fridge, took a few things out to make a sandwich. She had been thinking about what Matt said earlier, she was hoping he was being honest, she really liked him and was hoping they would make a go of things now that she had grown up and was getting herself together. Carly made her sandwich and went over towards the couch then turned on the TV. Just as she was about to sit down, the phone rang.

“Hello” Carly said

“Hey its me” Matt said

“Me who?” Carrly said teasing

“Come on” Matt said

“I thought you wanted to get an early night” Carly said

“I know but I couldn’t sleep, I was thinking about you” Matt said

Carly smiled to herself and said “What time do you finish work tomorrow?”

“3pm” Matt said

“Maybe we can go to the beach and have a picnic” Carly said

“Sounds good to me” Matt said

“Ok ill meet you at the diner” Carly said

“Ok, it’s a date” Matt said

“Matt, I really like you” Carly said

“I really like you too” Matt said smiling to himself

“See you tomorrow” Carly said

“Goodnight” Matt said then he put the phone down

Carly put the phone down and went back to sit on the couch, maybe her and Matt were meant to be, they had history but they kept going back to each other and she felt more for him than any other guy she dated. “I think my luck really is changing now” Carly said to herself as she bit into her sandwich and smiled

Bobby opened the window slightly and said “Frank what are you doing here?”

“I wanted to see you” Frank said

“What about did something happen?” Bobby said “Hold on” Bobby said opening the window wider then she went out of the bedroom door to check if her Father had gone to bed, he had, all the lights were off. Bobby came back to the room, closed and locked the door.

[Background music…Bobby and Frank’s theme :) ]

Bobby walked back over to the window, realizing her buttons were undone, she attempted to cover herself by folding her arms

Frank noticed “Really? you’re covering up from me?”

“Why are you here Frank?” Bobby said

“Do you love Danny?” Frank said

“You came here to ask me this?” Bobby said

“Yes, answer me” Frank said

“Yes, I do” Bobby said trying to avoid Frank’s stare

“More than you love me?” Frank said

“Why are you asking me this?. I am tired, I want to pack then get some sleep” Bobby said as she sighed

“Answer me” Frank said

“What difference is the answer going to make? Earlier you said you are happy for me, why are you doing this? Bobby said

“I am....Are you sleeping with him?” Frank said

“You gave up the right to ask me questions about my private life. I think you should just go now” Bobby said

Frank stared at Bobby, she was looking everywhere but directly at him. Just as Frank turned to walk away

“No, I’m not” Bobby couldn’t believe she just said that. Danny is her fiancé, she didn’t owe Frank any explanation

Frank turned back and stood directly in front of Bobby, as close as he could, he could hear her breathing … she was looking everywhere but directly at him. She looks absolutely beautiful tonight Frank thought to himself, the moonlight was shining directly on her face, she was glowing like an angel….he leaned forward and whispered “I love you” into her ear then brushed his face along Bobby’s cheek, he heard her exhale and could feel  the familiar rhythm of her heart beat then he walked away without looking at her.

Bobby stood at the window, she watched as Frank disappeared into the night, this is the second time since he had been back that she didn’t feel like crying….. she looked up at the sky, the moon was shining very bright tonight. There was also one star sparkling, Bobby looked at the star….then said “I love you too, Frank…forever” slowly closed the window, shut the curtain and went back to packing.

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

3:00am

Rebecca and Steve were fast asleep, neither was dreaming, just sleeping comfortably in a place where they wanted to be with the person they wanted to be with

Danny was staring at the Fletcher family photo remembering that he saw Bobby get into the car with Frank. He looked at Sally, she knew about him, Danny thought to himself..…maybe she told Bobby and that is why Bobby got in the car with Frank…Maybe she was secretly watching him….he had to get rid of her before she ruined everything….

The curtain was slightly open in Frank’s van, the moon was still shining very bright. Frank hadn’t slept, he had been lying awake thinking about everything that had led up to last night. He looked to his right, and reach out onto the table and picked up the unopened box of condoms…he stared at the box and thought about what he was going to do last night. Frank shook his head, Allison did him a favour, all her talking actually made him see sense. Frank tossed the box back onto the table and returned his hand under his head and looked at the moon that had invited itself into his van. Frank looked at the star emerging from the darkness that positioned itself a little distance from the moon, it was really pretty…standing alone and shining…Frank smiled to himself as he looked down. He had to see her last night, he thought to himself, he had to tell her how he felt again, he had to hear that she felt the same…she didn’t say it but he knew her, better than anybody else did, the rhythm of her heart gave him his answer but he wanted her to say it. Frank looked again at the pretty star, shining on its own, how beautiful it looked then said “I love you Roberta….forever” then he got up, shut the curtain and returned to try and get some sleep.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:)

Chapter 32

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

Steve opened his eyes and looked at his watch 7:00am it read “Oh no” Steven said to himself then he gently began waking up Rebecca

“Rebecca, its morning” Steve said as he gently shook her arm

“Hmmm” Rebecca said

“Its morning” Steve said

“Oh no….Dad is going to be mad” Rebecca said as she rubbed her eyes and attempted to get up

Steve got up and put his T-Shirt on. He smiled as he watched Rebecca put her clothes on. He had one of the best nights of his life…he really liked Rebecca.

“What time are you leaving today?’ Steve said

“Why, do you want to see me?” Rebecca said as she smiled at Steve and tied her hair back

“I always want to see you” Steve said with a smile

“I want to head back on the road at 1pm, maybe we can meet in the diner at 12pm for lunch before I go? Rebecca said

“Ok…I really like you” Steve said

“I really like you too” Rebecca said as she leaned over and kissed Steve then left

Steve took the sheets of the bed and tied up the caravan, he smiled to himself as he did then he opened the caravan door and locked it behind him

“And what have you been up to you little devil” Martin said which made Steve Jump

“Nothing, why?” Steve said

“I just saw your Sheila running home” Martin said with a smile

Steve smiled

“What are you doing up so early?” Steve said hoping to change the subject

“Doing up? I haven’t been to bed yet mate” Martin said nudging Steve then he walked off

Manhattan –New York

Roo folded her underwear and pushed it in to the corner of her suitcase. “Finally” Roo said, she was finished packing. For an overnight trip, she pretty much packed her entire wardrobe, she didn’t want to wear the wrong thing to make the wrong impression.

Frank had been gone for almost a week, Roo was so busy that she didn’t even have time to miss him. She loved New York and the life she was making here. She thought back to their last conversation when Frank was getting upset because she didn’t ask about Pippa. It wasn’t intentional. Then she thought to Frank saying Narelle asked about her. He was probably being polite because Narelle never liked her, Roo didn’t like Narelle either, but she put up with her because she is good friends with Frank but things were always awkward because Narelle is friends with Bobby…Bobby. Roo thought that when they moved to New York, Bobby would be left behind in Australia… Roo walked over to the phone and dialed

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Phone ringing”

“Hello Summer Bay Caravan park” Sally said

“Hi Sally, its Roo how are you? Roo said

“Fine” Sally said

“Is Frank there?” Roo said

“No, he’s gone out” Sally said

“Oh, do you know where went?” Roo said

“No I don’t” Sally said

“Can you ask him to call me?” Roo said

“Ok” Sally said

“Bye” Roo said

“Bye” Sally said then put the phone down

“Sal, who was that on the phone” Steve said as he walked towards the stairs

“Someone for Carly” Sally said then she followed Steve upstairs

Fisher Residence- Summer Bay

Rebecca it is not acceptable that you stay out all night and when I question you about where you were you don’t want to answer” Donald said angrily to his daughter

“Dad I told you were I was going, I went to see Steve, we were at his house, we watched a movie and fell asleep” Rebecca said as she walked towards her room

“Rebecca your Studies are very important, I don’t want you coming here if you are going to waste your time with that Matheson boy” Donald said

“Dad give it a rest, Steve is 10x more clever than me, you should be happy that I am hanging around someone who is a good influence” Rebecca said as she smiled, walked to her room and shut the door.

The slam of Rebecca’s door woke Bobby up, she rubbed her eyes then looked at the clock it was 8:00am, she was still tired. She didn’t sleep much last night, she was thinking about Frank and his visit last night, she was thinking about Frank telling her he loved her, thinking about how after Monday, she probably would never see Frank again. …how she would probably not see anybody in Summer Bay again unless they came to visit her…wherever she was.

Bobby got out of bed, she needed to, she was going to get ready, go and pick up Danny and go and visit Pippa, she was going to see Pippa anyway but was interested to know why Pippa was requesting to see her.

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

Frank opened his eyes,  he was tired but he had a really deep sleep, one he hadn’t had for a while, he felt very peaceful. He looked at his wrist, 8:30am.  He put the pillow over his head attempting to go back to sleep but his mind drifted to being on the beach when he thought he heard Tom’s voice…telling him he had made the right decision. Frank smiled, “time to get up, shower and get dressed” he said to himself, picked up his things and headed for the house. As Frank stepped out of his van…so did Danny.

“Good Morning” Danny said as he looked directly at Frank

Frank looked at Danny then proceeded to lock his van “Morning” Frank said as he was walking off

“I saw you give Bobby a lift last night, I assume you were taking her home?” Danny said

“Yes I did and you’re welcome” Frank said as he kept walking

“Did she tell you that we are leaving tomorrow?” Danny said

Frank felt his heart drop to his stomach “Why would she tell me that? Its not my business” Frank said still walking

“Umm Frank” Danny said as he tapped Frank’s arm, Frank stopped walking

“I would really appreciate it if you stayed away from Fiance, I mean, you no longer have anything to talk to her about outside of her being your foster sister and I mean that was long ago so really,  you having nothing to talk to her about at all” Danny said as he smiled at Frank.

Frank looked directly at Danny, neither man said anything for a few seconds then Frank smiled,….he knew what he knew. “No worries, I wish you all the best wherever you travel to” Frank said then he walked away.

Danny watched as Frank walked away, his mouth started moving very fast then he turned around and walked fast to his van, opened the door went inside then slammed the door.

Fisher Residence- Summer Bay

“Good Morning” Bobby said smiling as Rebecca came into the kitchen. She just took a shower and her hair was still wet.

Rebecca smiled and sat down at the table opposite Bobby

“Pretty gutsy staying out all night” Bobby said as she ate her toast

“I didn’t mean to stay out, Steve and I fell asleep” Rebecca said

“Yeah…sure” Bobby said as she smiled

“Honest” Rebecca protested

“Ok, I believe you, I hope the two of you are being careful” Bobby said as she got up to put the plate in the kitchen

“Yes we are….dont worry I wont be getting pregnant and giving my baby away, we don’t need more of that in this family” Rebecca said as she smiled to Bobby

“Come on, be nice” Bobby said

Rebecca rolled her eyes

“You look great, where are you going?” Rebecca said as she got up to get herself some coffee

“To see Pippa at the hospital” Bobby said with a confused look on her face

“I didn’t know that you had to dress up to go to the hospital” Rebecca said as she poured herself some coffee

“Huh? I am not dressed up, I have packed up most of my things and just decided to wear these shorts and top” Bobby said look down at her clothes. She was wearing black mid thigh shorts, a back crop top and a red overshirt that was open. The outfit showed off Bobby’s tanned and toned legs

Rebecca smiled “I am going back to the City at 1pm, do you want to have lunch with Steve and I at the dinner at 12pm? Rebecca said

“I think Steveo will be mad if I interrupt his time, you meet up with him, I  will give you a call tonight” Bobby said as she hugged Rebecca

“Ok, well take care of yourself, I hope you will be happy with Danny, wherever you go and once you are settled,  let me know, I want to come and visit” Rebecca said as she let go of her sister.

“I will” Bobby said as she smiled and walked away. As Bobby walked away, she turned around, kissed her fingers and waved at Rebecca who smiled with a tear in her eye as she watched her sister walk away.

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

I think we should all go out for breakfast this morning, my treat” Frank said as he sat down at the table

Frank’s brother and sisters were very happy with the idea. “Floss, Nev, please come too” Frank said

“No love, we are alright, you all have some family time, its been a rough time here, you all go and enjoy yourselves. Ill get Christopher ready”

“Sounds like a plan, thanks” Frank said

Everyone got up and walked towards the door

As the Fletchers were walking towards the car, Bobby was just parking then she got out of her car.

There was awkwardness in the air

“Hi” Bobby said

“I shouldn’t even be talking to you, why didn’t you tell me that you are getting married to Danny” Carly said

“Sorry, it kind of happened suddenly” Bobby said

“Rebecca and I want to plan your engagement party” Carly said

“I am leaving tomorrow” Bobby said

“That’s just great, just going off and not saying anything” Carly said then went and sat in the car

“Hi Sal” Bobby said to which Sally ignored and walked over to the car

Bobby sighed

“Congratulations” Steve said then he kissed Bobby on the cheek “I hope everything works out” Steve said then he walked over to the car.

Bobby smiled

Frank , Christopher and Floss walked over to where Bobby stood, Danny was also making his way to where Bobby was

“Hello Bobby love, how are you? Floss said

“Good Floss” Bobby said then Danny came up behind her and put his arms around her

“Good morning” Danny said then kissed Bobby’s cheek

Bobby looked at her feet, Danny looked at Frank, Frank looked at Bobby, there was tension in the air

“Going somewhere special love, you look nice this morning” Floss said

“Just going to see Pippa at the hospital, thanks” Bobby said

For a split second Bobby looked at Frank, Frank looked Bobby up and down

“Anyway we need to get going” Danny said as he nudged Bobby to move, have a great day” Danny said as he smiled and got into Bobby’s car

“Let me grab Christopher’s hat’ Floss said as she went inside the house

As Bobby was getting into the car, her eyes locked with Frank, he blinked his eyes slowly at Bobby, she did the same back then got into the car and drove off

Chapter 33

General store- Summer Bay

“What do you need to get from the store? “ Bobby said to Danny as she pulled up outside The Stewart general store

“ I wanted to get some flowers for Pippa” Danny said getting out of the car

“That’s nice, thank you” Bobby said as she got out of the car

“One of the many reasons why you love me” Danny said smiling and walked towards the store

Bobby watched Danny as he walked away, sighed, closed the door and walked towards the store

Alf looked up from reading the paper

“G’day” he said with a smile on his face as he saw Bobby and Danny enter the store

“G’day Mr Stewart” Danny said as he walked over to the flowers

“G’day Bobby, how are you?” Alf said

“Good” Bobby said

“I hear you are getting married soon” Alf said smiling

“Yeah” Bobby said as she managed a smile

“That’s great news love, I hope everything works for you” Alf said

Bobby smiled

“Just these thanks” Danny said as he walked back to the counter with a bouquet of flowers

“We should try to get on the road early tomorrow” Danny said as he took money out of his wallet to pay for the flowers

“Where are you too off too” Alf said as he took the money from Danny

“We are leaving Summer Bay tomorrow, traveling around Australia and see where we end up” Danny said with a smile on his face

“That is great news”  Alf said smiling “Send us a postcard from your travels” Alf said as he gave Danny the flowers

“Yeah, we will, thanks, we are off to see Mrs Fletcher” Danny said taking the flowers

“Oh ok, give Pip my love, good luck to you both” Alf said as put his hand out to shake Danny’s hand”

Bobby smiled then they left the store

As the door closed, Alf went to the back room, opened a draw and took out his book. He went to the phone, picked it up and began dialing.

“Hello Ruthy? Its me”

Summer Bay

“Sal when are you going to start talking to Bobby, she is leaving” Steve said as he sat squashed in the back of the car

“I’m never going to speak to her again, I hate her” Sally said and she crossed her arms

“Come on Sal, don’t talk like that” Frank said while driving

“But I do, you are back and now she is going with Danny, I hate both of them” Sally said

“Sal I will be going soon too” Frank said as he looked at Sally through his mirror

Sally didn’t respond, she just looked at Frank

Manhattan-New York

“Hi Dad, how are you? Is something wrong” Roo said concerned

“No, nothing is wrong, cant I call you if I miss you? Alf said

“Sure you can but we just spoke the other day” Roo said smiling

“I just wanted to check on you since you are alone there” Alf said

“Dad, I am fine, don’t worry” Roo said

“By the way, Young Bobby was just in here with her Fiance” Alf said

“Fiance?” Roo said shocked then she smiled to herself

“Yeah, Danny, they are leaving Summer Bay tomorrow, travelling around Australia he said” Alf said

“Oh that’s nice, I hope things work out for her”  Roo said,

“All this nonsense is over now” Alf said

“What nonsense?” Roo said

“You know, feeling guilty about you being with Frank” Alf said

“Dad, Bobby gave me her blessing to go and be with Frank,  why would I be feeling guilty about anything?” Roo said a bit abrupt

“I know love but still” Alf said

“Dad, they were over before Frank and I got together, besides, why does any of that matter now? Frank and I are married, and Bobby is getting married so that’s it” Roo said annoyed

“I know love but that conversation we had”  Alf started to say

“Dad, Frank and I are married, he loves me lets just drop it” Roo said getting annoyed

“Sorry love, you are right, it doesn’t matter anymore. You are happy and that is all that matters” Alf said

“Thanks Dad, listen I got to go, I am going on a business trip on Monday and still have some things to prepare” Roo said

“Ok love, sounds like you are doing really well over there” Alf said

“Yes I am , I really love it here. I will call you soon” Roo said

“Ok love, bye” Alf said as he put the phone down

Roo looked at the phone and smiled to herself. She was genuinely happy for Bobby, at least now, Frank would stop talking about her and Summer Bay when he gets back…. Roo smiled to herself again, she was crazy to even think anything of Frank going to Summer Bay…she had him wrapped around her finger…he would never leave her…Roo smiled to herself again and went to the kitchen

General Hospital- Summer Bay

Bobby slowly opened the hospital door, Pippa was lying down, just as Bobby was about to close the door, Pippa opened her eyes “Bobby, come in” Pippa said as she got up “I wasn’t sleeping just resting my eyes” Pippa said as she smiled

Bobby entered the room and behind her Danny entered too.

“Pippa you remember Danny ” Bobby said to Pippa

“Yes, Hello Danny” Pippa said

“Hello Mrs Fletcher, I hope you feel better soon” Danny said as he smiled

Pippa smiled

“I guess Bobby hasn’t had a chance to tell you our news, do you mind if I sit down?” Danny said as he pointed to the chair

“No have a seat, yes I heard about your upcoming marriage..Congratulations” Pippa said faking a smile

“I am the luckiest man in the world, I cant wait for us to set off tomorrow” Danny said smiling as Bobby walked over to the window. Pippa watched as Bobby stared out of the window as Danny went on about places he was hoping they would visit.

Bayside Diner

“G’day” Matt said as he saw the Fletcher family come into the diner

“Hi” Carly said as she smiled at Matt who smiled and winked at her

“Let’s push these two tables together” Frank said as he sat Christopher on a chair

“I am supposed to be meeting Rebecca here for Lunch before she leaves town, I don’t want to eat too much and spoil lunch so Ill just have some toast and juice please” Steve said to Matt

Both Matt and Frank rolled their eyes when Steve mentioned Rebecca’s name.

“Ill have the same please” Carly said and smiled at Matt

The rest of the family ordered their breakfast. Frank looked at his family, he really loved being back in Sumer Bay, maybe one day he will be back to live here permanently Frank thought to himself as Matt put the cup of coffee in front of him…he really needed his family.

“So have you set a date for the wedding” Pippa asked Bobby

Just as Bobby was about to respond, Danny did “Well I was hoping we can get married as soon as possible, in the next couple of weeks. I asked Bobby the type of wedding she wants but she hasn’t made up her mind yet” Danny said as he touched Bobby’s thigh, she was now sitting on the arm of the chair he sat on  

“What about you Bobby, do you have any idea when you want to get married or where? Maybe if you lt us know, we can come” Pippa said looking at Bobby

“Oh no, its ok, you don’t have to bother, we are not sure where we will be…besides…you have seen me get married already, I don’t want to bore you” Bobby said trying to make a joke

Pippa didn’t laugh “Danny do you mind if I speak to Bobby alone”

“Why? Danny is my Fiance, we shouldn’t start with secrets” Bobby said

“No its fine, this is probably the last time you will see Mrs Fletcher for a while, Ill leave you alone. Ill head to the caravan park, Ill wait for you there” Danny said as he got up

“Sure, hey, take the car” Bobby said as she gave Danny the key, Ill walk.

“Ok” Danny said and kissed Bobby’s head “Bye Mrs Fletcher” Danny said as he waved at Pippa and walked out of the door. Pippa watched him go and once he shut the door she looked back at Bobby

“We need to have a talk” Pippa said

Bobby sighed

Summer Bay

Donald came out of the store and saw what looked like Danny driving Bobby’s car, he rushed forward and flagged his empty hand, Danny saw and slowed down and pulled the car over where Donald was standing.

“What time are you leaving tomorrow?” Donald said as he leaned over into the car

“In the morning” Danny said

“Well you kept your end of the deal, meet me tomorrow morning at 8am at Summber Bay high school with the amount of your treatment and your bank details and I will wire the money to your bank account” Donald said

“I am going to need some cash too” Danny said

“Ok” Donald said and walked off as Danny drove off

Bayside Diner

“Thank you for breakfast Frank” Sally said as she hugged Frank and he smiled

Carly wiped Christopher’s face, he got jam all over his mouth

“Christopher’s bag is in the car, Ill get his wipes, can I have the key please” Sally said  then Frank gave her the key

Danny parked the car outside of the diner…he saw Sally walk out by herself and watched her walk over to a car, open the door and reach inside for something. Danny inhaled and exhaled a few times then got out of the car, shut the door and walked over to Sally

Sally took Christopher’s wipes out of his bag, shut the car door and looked it, just as she turned around, Danny was right behind her

“What have you been saying to Bobby” Danny said angrily

“Nothing, I promise” Sally said very scared then tried to run but Danny blocked her

“Why did she go with Frank last night” Danny said

“I don’t know, please let me go, I won’t tell anybody” Sally said. She referred to the times she had seen Danny talking to himself and acting very strange

“That right, you won’t tell anybody because I will kill you and all your family” Danny said as he put both of his hands around Sally’s neck

Sally started screaming just as he began to squeeze, Danny stopped and Sally was able to get away

Her family in the diner heard the scream and by the time she got to the diner door, Frank, Matt and Steve were at the door

“Sal what happened?” Frank said as Sally cried into shoulder. Frank pulled her back “what happened?”

“He hurt me, he put his hands around my neck and told me he was going to kill me, I didn’t do anything Frank” Sally said crying

Frank pushed Sally onto Steve and went outside to Danny who was casually walking towards the diner

“Didnt I tell you to stay away from Sally?” Frank said really angry

“I didn’t go anywhere near her” Danny said smiling then Frank punched him. Danny fell to the floor on his face. Just as Frank was about to drop and land another punch Matt and Steve dragged him off

“COME NEAR MY FAMILY AGAIN AND I WILL FINISH YOU, DO YOU HEAR ME? STAY AWAY!  GET YOUR STUFF AND GET OUT OF THE CARAVAN NOW”  Frank shouted as Matt and Steve pulled him away

Danny put his hand up to touch his nose, when pulled his hand back, his hand was full of blood then he smiled to himself, got up and got into Bobby’s car and drove off.

“You lied to me” Pippa said

“About what?” Bobby said

“When you came here you didn’t tell me that you were leaving tomorrow and you certainly didn’t tell me that you and Danny are getting married” Pippa said

“The proposal happened after I came here and I just really want to go Pippa that is why we are leaving tomorrow” Bobby said

“I know I said I support you going but why do you need to get married so quickly” Pippa said

“Pippa why not, I have a guy here who really wants to be with me why shouldn’t I marry him?”

“Why don’t you spend some time, get to know him so that you..” Pippa didn’t finish and Bobby said

“ So I don’t make the same mistake twice” Bobby said as she  got up walked towards the window

“I wasn’t going to say that, I was going to say so that you are sure this is what you want” Pippa said

“Why wouldn’t I be sure Pippa?” Bobby said as she turned round

“It seems to me that you want to get married fast so you can finally get over Frank and if that is the reason, I understand but you know Danny has issues, I don’t want you rushing into something that you are not prepared for” Pippa said

“I can’t believe you Pippa, if I wasn’t prepared, why would I be leaving? I just want to get on with my life” Bobby said

“I know sweetheart” Pippa said “I just want you to be happy that’s all, come here” Pippa said as she reached her hands out to Bobby

Bobby went over and hugged Pippa

“Can you do me a favour?” Pippa said as she pulled away

“Please wait until the end of the week before you go” Pippa said

“Why? Bobby said

“To be sure that you really want to do this” Pippa said

“Pippa, I thought you of all people would understand. You were supporting me now all of a sudden you don’t want me to go…the sooner I get out of here the better. Everyone thinking they know what is better for me. Have a nice life Pippa” Bobby said as she ran out of the room

Pippa put her hand up to her mouth and a tear ran down her cheek

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

Danny punched his face a few times then looked in the mirror, his eye was blood shot..”not enough” he thought to himself. He took of his shoe and hit himself had on one side of his face then looked in the mirror. The shoe made a cut about his eye. Danny looked at his neck, the marks on his neck from the tie were beginning to turn red..he smiled

“I am off to meet Rebecca at the Diner if that’s ok “ Steve said. The mood in the house was very tense, after what happened at the Diner earlier, he felt guilty for leaving “Alright, just don’t say anything to anybody about what happened earlier and if you see Danny don’t say anything to him” Frank said from the couch. Sally was stuck to him like glue and Christopher  was playing with his toys at his feet

“Alright, I wont be out too long” Steve said as he left

“I can’t believe what happened” Floss said as she walked over to the couch

“The man is psycho, I  told him to get his stuff and get out, the sooner he and Bobby leave the better. I am staying in the house tonight until they are gone” Frank said

“Why is Bobby going with him?” Sally said

“That is her choice Sal” Frank said as he hugged Sally

Flossed looked at them both and remembered what she saw in the cards

“Bobby don’t go with him “ Floss thought to herself

“Dad, I am going now” Rebecca said as she walked into the living room with her bag

“I am sorry for getting angry earlier, do you want me to make you something for the road?” Donal said as he got off the couch

“No thanks, I am meeting Steve for lunch at the Diner before I go” Rebecca said

Donald didn’t look impressed “Come here” Rebecca said as she hugged her Father

“I worry about you Rebecca” Donald said

“Why Dad?, I think I am responsible and Steve is a great catch and very smart and he actually encourages me to keep studying” Rebecca said smiling

“Call me when you get home and drive carefully” Donald said as he hugged Rebecca once more before she left

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Bobby knocked at the caravan door and got a shock when Danny opened the door

“What happened?” Bobby said as she entered the van and began touching Danny’s face

“Its nothing” Danny said

“Like hell, who beat you up?” Bobby said angrily

“Just leave it, I am fine” Danny said

“No I wont leave it, I want to know what happened?” Bobby said

“It was Frank” Danny said

Bobby leaned her head back and said “Frank? Why would he do this?”

“I wanted to stop by the diner and get some food and I saw Sally, she saw me and shouted at me saying I was taking you away. I tried to explain to her that we were in love and wanted to be together then she started screaming and Frank ran out. I tried to explain to him but he wouldn’t listen and he just kept hitting me until I guess he was pulled off me” Danny said

“Right” Bobby said as she got up and opened the door and walked fast towards the house, Danny behind her

As Bobby and Danny walked towards the house, they saw Martin who said “ geez Danny, Bobby beating you up already”

“Shut up idiot” Bobby said

When she got to the house she opened the door, saw Sally, Floss, Nev, Carly Frank and Christopher in the house

“Frank why did you beat up Danny? What is wrong with you? Why are you sooo selfish?

Frank got off the couch

“What are you talking about? I didn’t do that”  Frank said as he pointed at Danny’s face

“But you did hit him though?” Bobby said

“ Danny was hurting me” Sally said from the couch

“Shut up Sally, Danny wasnt hurting you, this is your fault, why cant you just accept that I am leaving, you have no right to ask Danny anything” Bobby said

“Bobby I didn’t do anything” Sally said then she started crying

“Bobby” Carly said

“Carly shut up” Bobby said as she pointed at Carly

“What Sally said is true, Danny attacked her first” Frank said

“No its not, you are just jealous that I am moving on with someone else, what your ego cant handle that someone else want to be with me? You expected me to be in Summer Bay crying over you for the rest of my life? You make me sick, I hate you “ Bobby said to Frank

“Bobby that’s not what happened” Carly said

“I said shut up Carly, this is not your business” Bobby said angrily to Carly

“Get out, if you want to waste your life on a psycho like this that is your business, when he attempts to strangle you too, don’t come back here crying. …you are no longer welcome in this house and you are no longer a Fletcher, get out” Frank said

“What?” Bobby said

“You heard, don’t come back here again, you are no longer part of this family…get out” Frank said

Christopher started crying. Carly walked over to attend to him

“Frank there is no need for this, it was a misunderstanding, I forgive you, I will heal soon, its not as bad as it looks” Danny said

Frank felt himself getting really angry

“Get out…get out before I really beat you up” Frank said to Danny

“I thought you did that already” Bobby said 

“WHAT?YOU REALLY BELIEVE HIM OVER ME?

“I will never forgive you for this Frank, never” Bobby said 

I DON’T CARE, YOU MEAN NOTHING TO ME DO YOU UNDERSTAND? NOTHING! GET OUT AND YOU GET OUT OF THE CARAVAN… NOW”   Frank said

“I paid until Monday” Danny said

“YOU BETTER GET YOU STUFF AND GET OUT BEFORE I THROW YOUR STUFF OUT” Frank said

“Let’s go Danny, the sooner we leave here and these toxic people the better. I hope you all rot in hell” Bobby said as she walked out trying not to cry

Frank walked away angry 

Sally attempted to grab Frank as he passed the couch but he pushed her hand away and went upstairs. 

Sally cried harder so Carly consoled her and Christopher. 

Carly couldn't believe what just happened.

Bobby rushed outside then she stopped walking and tears ran down her cheeks

“Are you ok? Danny said as he put his arm around her

“Tomorrow cant come soon enough for us to get away from here” Bobby said

“Don’t worry it will be just me and you..we are all we need” Danny said as they walked towards his van

Frank stood in his old  room and watched as Danny and Bobby walked away he was so angry still and his breathing was heavy

"I take back everything I said to you....you don't deserve me, go to hell" Frank said as he watched Bobby walk away

“its not over”

“What?” Frank said as he turned around quickly there was no one in the room, just him. He thought he heard someone say “its not over”. Maybe he was tired or was just stressed out. He lay on his old bed, he was going to see his  Pippa later…maybe he will try and get some sleep because non of this was making any sense….

Chapter 34

Bayside Diner

Matt turned around and saw Rebecca standing behind him smiling

“What do you want?” Matt said angrily

“Look, I am sorry ok” Rebecca

Matt just looked at Rebecca

“I am serious, I am sorry for what I said, you are right, its none of my business” Rebecca

“I know” Matt said as he wiped the table

“What happens now?” Rebecca said

“Nothing…..You keep your mouth shut..Remember you have more to lose” Matt said then he looked at the door and saw Steve coming in

“Steve” Matt said as Steve walked towards the counter

“Hi” Steve said as he smiled “Rebecca I was thinking, we can have lunch on the beach” Steve said as he put his arm around Rebecca

“That sounds good” Rebecca said as she smiled at Steve

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

Bobby lay in front of Danny, he had his arm around her…he was talking, Bobby could hear him but not what he was saying. She is tired…today she lost everyone she called family….they betrayed her…she has no more tears left to cry…she has no more fight in her.

“Danny I need to be alone for a while, I am going to take a walk” Bobby said as she got up

“Why cant I come with you, I am going to be your husband” Danny said looking angry

”I think you should just pack up your stuff and leave here,, we can stay at my house, I will meet you there” Bobby said as she got up

“Are you going back to see them?” Danny said still angry as he pointed his head in the direction of the house

“No, I don’t want anything to do with them again” Bobby said

“That’s good to hear, I am your family now” Danny said as he hugged Bobby.

“Ill see you later” Bobby said as she removed herself from Danny’s embrace and left the caravan. She didn’t know where she was going but she needed to breathe. As Bobby walked out of the van,  she came fae to face with Floss who was going into her van

“Bobby love this is all wrong” Floss said

“Leave me alone Floss” Bobby said as she walked away

“Bobby let’s talk about” Floss said walking behind Bobby

Bobby stopped walking and turned around

“Talk about what? The fact that the Fletcher family keeping breaking my heart? The fact that they all just betrayed me? Is that what you want to talk about? Bobby said

“love, that isn’t what happened, Danny hurt Sally and Frank was just” Floss was interrupted

“I don’t want to hear his name Floss, I don’t want to hear anymore about this, just leave me alone” Bobby said as she ran off

Danny watched the conversation from the window. He watched as Bobby ran off and Floss go into her van. He opened the door, looked around to see if anybody was around and left his van. Danny walked quickly towards Floss and Nev’s van and waited. He didn’t have to wait long, just as Floss opened the door, Danny pushed her back in and went inside with her.

“What do you want” Floss said scared

“What did you say to Bobby”? Danny said

“I told her the truth” Floss said

“What truth is that?” Danny said as he picked up a knife on the table and looked at it

“That you hurt Sally” Floss said, trying to sound confident even thought she is scared

“You wasn’t there…you don’t know what happened” Danny said

“Just go away” Floss said

“You think I am going to hurt you?” Danny said

Floss didn’t respond as Danny walked closer to Floss

Danny smiled and said “ Stay away from Bobby…understand?”

Floss nodded her head…Danny put the knife down and left

Floss clutched her chest and breathed heavy. She wasn’t going to tell anybody about what happened, she didn’t want to make things worse, she just hoped that Bobby will see sense otherwise things will be much worse for her.

Beach-Summer Bay

“I cant believe that I have to go” Rebecca said as she put her head on Steve’s shoulder. They were sitting on the beach after Rebecca ate her sandwich

“Don’t go” Steve said after a brief silence

“I wish it was that easy” Rebecca said as she put her hand on Steve’s

“What are we going to do?” Steve said

“I thought we talked about this, has something changed?” Rebecca said as she got up and looked at Steve

“No but I really like you and I was thinking that maybe we should be serious, if you want to” Steve said

“Steve I really like you too but I don’t want things to get heavy then we don’t work out” Rebecca said

Steve got up and walked towards the water

“Are you mad?” Rebecca said as she stood next to Steve

“No I just thought you would want us to be more than what we are” Steve said

“I do but I don’t want the distance to break us up. I am really happy when I am with you….like really happy….happy that I would marry you if you asked me” Rebecca said

“So you want me to ask you?” Steve said as he looked at Rebecca

“Not yet but I don’t want anything to ruin the future when you do ask me” Rebecca said as she smiled and put her arm around Steve

Steven took out a napkin from his pocket and tore a long piece

“Give me your hand” Steve said as he motioned to Rebecca to put up her left hand. When Rebecca did, Steve tied the piece of napkin around her ring finger as she smiled

“What is this?” Rebecca said as Steven tore excess napkin and made a perfect ring

“A promise ring” Steve said

“What are you promising?” Rebecca said

“Promising that we will have a future” Steve said as he kissed the napkin ring then he kissed Rebecca and they hugged

Summer Bay

Bobby didn’t know where she was going…she didn’t know how she ended up there but when she looked up, she was standing in front of the church. The door was open…Bobby felt that she should go inside so she did. As she slowly walked down the aisle, she remembered the last time she was here…Tom was walking her down the aisle..Sally and Carly were her bridesmaids, walking in front…Pippa was smiling….Frank was waiting for her at the front with Steve standing next to him…they were getting married. Bobby sat on the front pew and looked at the cross in front of her and sighed. She wasn’t very religious she thought but sitting here, she felt some calm….she lost all her family today yet sitting here she felt calm.

“It’s not over”

Bobby looked behind her, there was nobody in the church, only her. She thought she heard someone say  “its not over”. She laughed to herself; trust her to be hearing things. She got up and walked back down the aisle and out of the church. 

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

Floss jumped as Carly touched her arm

“I’m sorry Floss, are you ok?

“Yes love, sorry what did you say?”

“I was just saying that now that Pippa is coming home, the family is breaking up again. Carly said

“Why wont Bobby believe us?”  Carly said

“It’s not that she won’t believe you, she is scared lovey. Summer Bay is full of bad memories, she wants to go with Danny so is putting the blame on you all” Floss said

"So she is leaving because of Frank?" Caly said

Floss smiled and nodded her head

Carly walked towards the door and up the stairs. She stood in front of Frank and Steve’s room and knocked the door and slowly opened it

“Frank” Carly said quietly

“Hmm” Frank said as he rolled over and wiped his eye

“Can I talk to you for a second” Carly said as she went and sat on Steve’s bed

Frank rubbed his eye again and looked at Carly

“Frank, I feel like our family is falling apart” Carly said then she looked down

“Why?” Frank said

“Because of what happened earlier” Carly said

“That was Bobby’s fault” Frank said

“Floss said Bobby is leaving because of you” Frank said

“Not my problem” Frank said

“Frank” Carly said

“It’s not your business Carly” Frank said

“Ok, I am going out for a while, meeting Matt for a picnic” Carly said as she got up

“ What are we going to tell Pippa about this?” Carly said as she got to the door

“FRANK, PHONE CALL FOR YOU LOVE” Floss said

“Nothing to tell Pippa” Frank said as he got up and walked towards the door then down the stairs

“Thanks Floss” Frank said as he took the receiver from her

“Hello” Frank said

Manhattan-New York

“Frank it’s me” Roo said into the phone

“Hi, how are you?” Frank said

“Good, I just wanted to give you a call, I am getting ready to go to bed, going on the trip tomorrow” Roo said smiling to herself

“Ok, have a good time” Frank said

“Are you angry that I am going without you?” Roo said

“No, just a lot going on here that’s all” Frank said as he ran his hand through his hair

“I called earlier, did Sally tell you?” Roo said

“No she didn’t , as I said, a lot going on here” Frank said

“What? Sally’s imaginary friend is missing? Roo said with a laugh

“Look if you want to call and say hello, that is fine but don’t call here to make fun of my family” Frank said with a raise voice

Carly and Floss looked at Frank then looked at each other

“Ok, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean it” Roo said

“Listen I got to go, I am going to see Pippa. Have a good trip” Frank said

“Do you still love me Frank?” Roo said

“Stop asking me that question” Frank said annoyed

“Sometimes I think you don’t” Roo said 

“I got to go” Frank said

“Ok, I love you” Roo said as Frank was putting down the phone

Roo looked at the phone, she couldn't believe that Frank put the phone down on her...Roo shook her head, "he will never leave me" she thought then smiled to herself

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Carly and Floss looked at each other as Frank put the phone down, picked up the keys from the desk and walked towards the door…just as Danny appeared at the door....

"

Chapter 35

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

"Look I am not here to fight, just to give in my keys" Danny said as he opened the door and put the keys up.

Frank didnt move, Carly walked towards the door and took the key from Danny

"Bobby and I will be living at her house until we head out in the morning” Danny said as Frank walked towards the door

“Ill be sleeping in her bed” Danny whispered as Frank walked past him

Frank shook his head then walked out of the door, walked towards the car, opened the door got in and slammed the door. Frank exhaled then he slammed the steering wheel with his hand,  started the engine and drove off

Bayside Diner

“Lance are you sure you are going to be alright by yourself? Matt said

“Yeah, I will” Lance said as he fixed the dying flowers in the vase at the end of the counter

“Ill just be out on the beach with Carly but I don’t think it will get busy “ Matt said as he washed some plates

“You really like Carly don’t you?” Lance said looking at Matt

Mat t smiled then said “Yes I do”

“Well I like her too, she is mate, I don’t want to see her end up hurt” Lance said

Matt was surprised that he was getting a lecture from Lance

“I wont be hurting her” Matt said as he walked towards the fridge and took out some dessert he made for the picnic

“I just want you to know mate, Marty and I are keeping an eye on you” Lance said

“Ok mate” Matt said…he wasn’t going to hurt Carly…they were going to be just fine Matt thought to himself as he smiled

Summer Bay

Frank drove en route to see Pippa at the hospital. The radio was on…music was playing but Frank wasn’t listening. Frank had one hand on the steering wheel, the other he used to run through his hair then slowed down to stop at the traffic light.  Frank watched as a few people crossed the road…..then Bobby crossed..at the same time, Frank became aware of a song playing on the radio

“And I meant
Every word I said
When I said that I loved you I meant that I loved you forever

And I'm gonna keep on lovin' you
'Cause it's the only thing I want to do
I don't want to sleep, I just want to keep on lovin' you”

Frank watched as Bobby crossed the road..she didn’t see him, or maybe she did but she didn’t look at him. She looked sad Frank thought to himself..he was sad too. He hated that she didn't believe him, he hated that he still loved her, he hated that he came back.Maybe he should just go home. He didn’t want to deal with this anymore…yeah..he should just go back to New York..back to work…back to his wife. Frank sighed

“The City” –Australia

Rebecca parked her car outside the building and turned the engine off. She smiled as she remembered last night with Steve and how much she liked him and how much he liked her too. She felt guilty telling Steve that they couldn’t be serious, it wasn’t because she didn’t want to, she was protecting him and their future. Rebecca was hoping that Matt would keep her secret and she would do the same….Rebecca got out of the car and walked up to the entrance. She pressed the buzzer, the main door unlocked. Rebecca pushed the door open and walked into the building and closed the door behind her

Bayside Diner

Matt smiled as Carly walked into the diner

“Hey Carly” Lance said as walked towards the counter

“Hi” Carly said then she looked at Matt “Are you ready” Carly said as she put a picnic basket on the counter

“I hope you are hungry” Carly said as she pointed to the basket

“Yes I am” Matt said then he pointed down at the box “I got desert too” Matt said as he picked up the box and walked around the counter

“I wont be too long Lance, shout if you need me” Matt said as he put one arm around Carly

“Hey Matt” Lance said

Matt stopped and looked around

Lance put his finger up to his nose and pointed at Matt

Matt smiled then turned around and left the diner with Carly

General Hospital-Summer Bay

Frank parked the car and got out. He walked towards the entrance of the hospital not paying attention then all of a sudden he bumped into someone

“Oh I am sorry” Frank said when he looked up it was Alison Patterson

“No harm done Frank, how are you?” Alison said

“Bye Alison” Frank said

“Frank can I please talk to you for a minute” Ailson said walking fast behind Frank

Frank stopped walking then turned around

“What do you want” Frank said

“I just wanted to apologize for what happened the other night. I know that you didn’t come inside because of what I said about Bobby. I didn’t mean it, I didn’t know she still means so much to you” Alison said

“You apologized, Bye” Frank said and he began to walk off

Alison grabbed Franks arm “Please wait”

Frank shrugged Alison’s arm off  “what do you want Alison?” Frank said annoyed

“I told you, I want you..please” Allson said as she bit her bottom lip

Frank shook his head and walked off

Allison watched as Frank walked away….still determined to be with him no matter what

Beach-Summer Bay

Carly put a spoonful of the dessert Matt made int her mouth

“Mmmm” Carly said as she chewed on the piece of fruit in the trifle

“This tastes sooo good, where did you learn to make this? Carly said

“I watched Bobby make it a few times for Fra” Matt stopped and remembered “Sorry” Matt said

Carly put her head down then lifted it up again  “Its ok, I guess they both moved on” Carly said as she ate more of the trifle

“Yeah, I guess” Matt said as he bit into a sandwich

“What do you mean?” Carly said

“Falling in love for it just to end and move on” Matt said

“Well I want to find a love that will never end” Carly said

“Really? Matt said as he put his sandwich down

“Yes” Carly said then put her spoon down

“So where are you going to find this love?” Matt said

“Hmm I don’t know” Carly said as she put her finger up to her chin then dipped her finger on the cream of the triple she was eating and put it on Matt’s nose and laughed

“What?” Matt said just as Carly got up and attempted to run away, Matt was able to grab onto Carly and she fell forward on the sand laughing

Carly turned around to look at Matt, he still had cream on is nose, Carly leaned forward and licked the cream off Matt’s nose which made him laugh then he leaned foreward and they shared a kiss as the waves in the ocean made its own soundtrack to their moment.

General Hospital-Summer Bay

As Frank opened the hospital door, the Doctor was talking with Pippa

“Dr, this is my son, you can tell him” Pippa said with a smile as she pointed towards Frank

Frank put his hand out and shook the Doctor’s hand

“I was just saying to your Mum that we are happy with her progress and she is ok to go home tomorrow. We still want to see her in an outpatients program just to monitor and make sure she is doing fine with her progress” Dr Johns said

“That’s great Dr, thank you” Frank said

“I just want to add one more thing” Dr Johns said “its very important that your Mum is not put under any stress at all, at least not for the next few months. She went through a tough time and mentally she needs all the love and support she can get” Dr Johns said

“She will get all that Dr” Frank said

“Ok, well I will sign her out to your care so you can pick her up any time in the morning” Dr Johns said

“Good luck Mrs Fletcher and I will see you at your outpatients appointment” Dr Johns said then he left

“Thank you Dr” Pippa said then she smiled at Frank, his eyes were said

“I cant wait until I get home, sleep in my own bed” Pippa said looking at Frank

“Is there something wrong?” Pippa said

“No nothing” Frank said then he went over to sit on the chair

“Frank” Pippa said as she raised her eyebrows

Frank sighed

Chapter 36

Bayside Diner-Summer Bay

Matt was right, the Diner was dead. No customers had been in since Matt left. Lance had spent the last half an hour cleaning and tidying and having some lunch since there was nothing to do. Lane took some money out of his pocket and put it at the side to pay for his sandwich then he took the plate out to the kitchen. When Lance returned to the counter Martin was walking in.

“Give me a coffee mate” Martin said as he sat on the counter

“I told you not to drink too much Marty” Lance said as he laughed and poured Martin a coffee

Martin shook his head then took some money out of his pocket and put it on the counter

“At least you had a good time ey” Lance said as he picked up the money and put it on the side. Martin put about 4 spoons of sugar in his coffee, took a sip then got up, walked over to a booth, put the cup down then put his head down

“I should have left when you did” Martin said as he sat up

“I knew I had to work this morning because Bobby has gone now

“Where has she gone?” Martin said as he drank his coffee

“She is leaving Summer Bay with that Danny bloke” Lance said as he walked over to the booth and sat opposite Martin

“You’re joking aint ya” Martin said as he half laughed

“No, dead set, that is why Mrs S said I can continue working here because they are short staffed” Lance said as he took a napkin and wiped under Martin’s coffee cup

“Is anyone working?” Allison said as she walked towards the counter

Lance got up and walked towards the counter. “What do you want?” Lance said

“A sausage roll and a cola, to go” Allison said as she took the money out of her bag

“I heard you say Bobby is going with Danny, when is she going? Allison said

“I dont know, soon” Lance said as he put a sausage roll in a bag and went to the back to get a cola.

Allison walked over to where Martin was and sat opposite him

Martin raised his head, saw Allison and put his head back down

“That’s rude, you cant even say hello” Allison said

“What do you want Allison?” Martin said

“I have a proposition for you” Allison said

“What is it ?” Martin said as he sat up and looked at Allison

“You know I work at the Sands right? On Wednesday we are having a private cocktail party for local business owners and investors, really exclusive with a DJ and everything. The staff are allowed to invite one guest and I can get you in if you want so you don’t have to beg your way in” Allison said

“Yeah I heard about it” Martin said as he drank his coffee and Lance put the sausage roll and cola in front of Allison

“So you want to go?” Allison said

“What do you get out of it? Martin said

“Put a word in for me with Frank” Allison

“Frank who” Martin said

“You know, Frank Morgan” Allison said

“You got to be kidding, Frank doesn’t want you” Martin said

“Why do people keep saying that?” Alison said

“Because its true” Martin said as Lance laughed

“Ive changed” Allison said

“Into what? Martin said as Lance laughed

“Look are you going to do this or not?” Allison said

“Frank is a married man, it wouldn’t be right to help him to cheat on his wife” Martin said

“I don’t want to marry him, just one date” Alison said

“Date Lance” Martin said as Lance laughed then when he realized what Martin said, he stopped

“Martin this party is really exclusive, could be your ticket to meeting some high class business people” Alison said

“Ill think about it” Martin said

“No I need an answer so I can put you on the guest list

Martin thought about it for a few seconds then said “Ok”

“Thank you!” Allison said as she took money out of her pocket gave it to lance and picked up her sausage roll and cola and left

“Marty are you really going to do what she wants?” Lance said as he wiped the table under Martins cup

Martin smiled

Well you can get settled in the spare room” Donald said as he motioned for Danny to follow him then he opened the door to a clean room with a single bed, a chest of drawers and bedside table and a lamp. “Hopefully this will be good enough for one night, ill leave you to get settled” Donald said as he left Danny in the room and closed the door. Danny sat on the bed and put his hand in his pocket, e hadn’t taken his medicine, he felt fine without it so he didn’t need to take it today. Danny took his shoes off and lay on his back on the bed. “This time tomorrow, Bobby and I will be away from Summer Bay, just the two of us” Danny smiled and closed his eyes

Beach-Summer Bay

“I got to get back to the Diner” Matt said as he kissed Carly’s ear

“I don’t want you to go” Carly said as she leaned into Matt

“I don’t want to go but I have to work” Matt said as he got up and started packing the picnic away

“Matt I really like you” Carly said

“I really like you too” Matt said as he leaned over and kissed Carly’s forehead

“When are you going to the City?” Carly said

“Tuesday” Matt said

“Are you still going to the Sands about the job?” Carly said

“Yes, I think you said you wanted to go too” Matt said

“I have decided to ask Mr Fisher if I can do my classes at night so I can work in the day time, maybe save some money and move out”  Carly said

“Where are you moving to? Matt said

“I don’t know yet, I was thinking of asking Bobby if we can live together but she is going now” Carly said

“I don’t think you should rush, just see how things go” Matt said as he smiled

“I got to go” Matt said as he reached out for Carly to stand up and hug him

“I will call you later” Matt said as he kissed Carly’s forehead and rushed back to the diner

Carly smiled. She really did like Matt and hoped he meant it when he said he liked her too. Carly picked up the picnic basket and headed home.

General Hospital –Summer Bay

“Frank we have spoken about everything but what is wrong with you” Pippa said

“You heard the Doc, no stress for you for the next couple of months” Frank said

“Frank” Pippa said

Frank sighed then told Pippa about everything that had happened, almost cheating with Allison, telling Bobby he loved her, Danny choking Sally, punching Danny and then finally telling Bobby she was no longer part of the family

“Oh Frank, why did you do that?” Pippa said

“Pippa you should’ve seen her, she stood there and believed Danny over me” Frank said

“Frank, Bobby took the side of her Fiancé….you have to expect that” Pippa said as Frank looked angry

“Is Sally ok?” Pippa said

“Yes she is fine, just a bit shook up, she has been stuck to me since I have been back. I am going to take your advise…if its ok, I am going to head back to New York on Tuesday” Frank said

“Well I wish I was spending some more time with you but I understand that you want go” Pippa said

“I promised Sal that she can come and visit so maybe you can come with her and Christopher. Don’t worry about the plane ticket,I will pay for it” Frank said

“As long as its ok with Roo, I would love to come and visit you” Pippa said as she smiled

“So what time would you like me to come and get you in the morning? Frank said

“As early as possible, I want to see the kids before they go to school” Pippa said

“Ok Ill be here by 7am. Im going to get going, let you get some peace before you get back to the house” Frank said as he got up and hugged Pippa

“Frank, I am sorry” Pippa said

“About what?” Frank said

“About everything that has happened with me…Bobby” Pippa said

“You are better so that is all that matters”Frank said as he smiled

“But how are you?” Pippa said

“I am going back to my wife….I have to be alright..Ill see you tomorrow” Frank said as he walked towards the door, opened it and left

Bobby opened the front door and stepped inside the house and closed the door behind her She walked towards the kitchen where she found her Dad cooking.

“Oh hello, Danny is in the spare room, I thought I would made some lunch, are you hungry” Donald said

“Yes I am, thanks” Bobby said as she sat down

“How is Pippa?” Donald said as he put some pasta in the boiling water

“Fine, she is coming home tomorrow” Bobby said as he played with an apple in the fruit bowl

“Good, are you going to see her before you leave?” Donald said

“No, we said our goodbyes today” Bobby said as she rolled the apple on the table

“Are you Ok?” Donald said as he watched Bobby rolling the apple

“Fine” Bobby said

“You don’t seem fine, maybe its nerves about going? Donald said as he stirred the sauce in the pan

“Maybe” Bobby said

“Is there something you want to talk about?” Donald said

“No” Bobby said

“Are you going to see Ailsa to sort things out about the Diner” Donald said

“Did that already, I gave her the key” Bobby said

“I was talking with Ailsa, she said that Roo is doing really well in New York, they are  planning on going back there to visit her and Frank for Christmas” Donald said as he went to the cupboard and took out three plates

Bobby didn’t respond

“I am glad that she is happy, she did have a rough time here …the new start definitely helped. I hear that New York is nice in December when it snows” Donald said as he took the pot with pasta to the sink and drained out the water

Bobby didn’t respond she just rolled the apple on the table. Bobby could hear her father talking but she couldn’t hear what he was saying…..her mind drifted back to this morning and what Frank said

“YOU BELIEVE HIM OVER ME? I DON’T CARE, YOU MEAN NOTHING TO ME GET OUT AND YOU GET OUT OF THE CARAVAN… NOW” 

YOU MEAN NOTHING TO ME GET OUT

As Frank’s words repeated themselves in Bobby’s head, she didn’t know that Danny had been standing by the door listening to Donald, listening to Donald betray Bobby…Danny breathed heavy as he balled his hand up into a fist….

Chapter 37

Diner- Summer Bay

“Oh G’day Matt, you were right, there were no customers” Lance said as Matt walked through the door

“I told you it wasn’t going to be busy” Matt said as he went to the kitchen to wash his hands

Martin walked over to the counter  “Matt have you seen Frank around?” Matt said as he sat on the  stool

“He was in here earlier, don’t know where he is now” Matt said as he wiped his hands with towel

“Ok, Ill see you later Mate” Martin said as he spun around and got off the stool

“Marty, I don’t think it’s a good idea what Allison said”  Lance said

“What did Allison say” Matt said

“Allison wants Marty to put a good word in for her with Frank so she can put him on the guest list for some party at the Sands resort” Lance said

“They are hiring for temporary staff for that cocktail party, why don’t you just go any apply?” Matt said

“Why should I apply when I can get on the guest list?” Martin said as he winked and walked out.

Manhattan-New York

Roo couldn’t sleep, she turned over onto her back and looked at the ceiling.  She was excited about the trip she was going on in a few hours, she smiled to herself. She was excited about living in New York….then she thought back to the conversation she had with Frank,  in a way she is glad that he isn’t here…he probably would be upset that she was going without him. She did love him, they had been through so much together..he forgave her when she almost tricked him to marry her because she was pregnant…he asked her to leave with him when he was leaving Summer Bay…Roo knew she had Frank wrapped around her finger..she smiled to herself, turned onto her side and tried to sleep.

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“I’m home” Frank said as he walked through the door. Carly was on the floor playing with Christopher and Floss was sitting on the couch sewing.

“Where are Steve and Sally?” Frank said as he looked around

“Sally is still upset about this morning, she hasn’t come down from her room and Steve is upstairs too” Carly said

“Ok, let me get them, I want to tell you all something” Frank said as he walked towards the stairs and went up

Carly and Floss looked at each other

Frank walked towards his old room, Steve was lying down on the bed looking at the ceiling

“Hey, come downstairs , I want to tell you all something” Frank said

“Frank, can I talk to you for a minute” Steve said as he got up

Frank walked into the room and sat at the end of Steve’s bed

“Sure, whats up?” Frank said

“I want to talk about something private” Steve said

Frank half laughed then said “Ok”

“When you first met Roo and you fell in love with her, how did it feel?” Steve said

“I wanted to be with her all the time, she was the most beautiful thing in the world to me, I would think about her all the time, write songs for her. When I was with her, I didn’t want to come home” Frank said as he smiled

“When you fell in love with Bobby how did that feel?” Steve asked

“Why are you asking?” Frank said as his facial expression changed

“Frank, this is important for me, please” Steve said

“With Bobby it was different..I loved her before I knew it…..It felt like she was half of me....My best friend, I could tell her anything…you know,  we were always around each other before we got together..we would fight then the next day we would be back to being best mates, ” Frank said as he put his head down

“You miss her?” Steve said

Frank looked up and said “What is this all about?

“I got a letter from Sandra, I just saw it earlier and opened it” Steve said

“How is she? Frank said

“Good, she is getting on with her foster family but wants to come up to Summer Bay and visit” Steve said

“So? Frank said

“I was starting to really like her then she had to leave, we stay in touch but then I met Rebecca and..” Steve said

“And what?” Frank said

“I really like Rebecca, she is like how you described Roo but Sandra is different, kind of like how you described Bobby” Steve said

“So what is the problem?” Frank said smiling

“Rebecca doesn’t want to get serious yet, she said the distance might break us up but she really likes me and sees a future for us. I think she dates other guys too. I know Sandra wants to be with me, she doesn’t talk about other guys in her letters and I have not told her about Rebecca” Steve said

“Does Rebecca know about Sandra? Frank said

“Yes I mentioned her as a friend but I think Rebecca thinks there is something more but she doesn’t say anything. What should I do Frank?” Steve said

“Well I am last person you should be asking about loving two women” Frank said as he laughed

“Come on Frank, you must have an opinion”  Steve said

“Did you…you know with Sandra? Frank said

“No, we never got that far but in her letters she said she wants to with only me” Steve said

“In 20 years from now, which one can you see yourself with?” Frank said

“I think Rebecca but I am not sure…. I really don’t know. I know it would break Sandra’s heart if I told her I am kind of with Rebecca, she has been keen on me for so long. Maybe I should just let her come up and see what happens” Steve said

“Not a good idea mate, you don’t want her leaving here with you more confused….especially if ..you know happens. What if Rebecca turns up unexpected, have you thought about that?” Franks said

“No I didn’t think about that” Steve said

“How do you feel about Rebecca?” Frank said

I really like her….like really really like her, I think I love her. When we are together it just seems natural. Even though we don’t see each other all the time, I think about her all the time” Steve said

“How do you really feel about Sandra?” Frank said

“I like her, we had good times together before all that stuff with her parents, I write like 5 page letters to her, she does the same, I tell her everything. She wanted to come up for Tom’s funeral but I said no” Steve said

“Do you get that feeling in your stomach when you talk about her or read her letters?” Frank said

“I don’t…..I guess over time I could…. I really don’t want to lose her as a friend but I don’t want to lie to her either” Steve said

“Well sometimes we have to make decisions which might hurt others but if we don’t, we can’t move on. From the sounds of it, you want to make thing work with Rebecca, you think she is worth the risk of not knowing if it will work out. It will hurt Sandra….hopefully she will move on and find someone who is worthy of her love” Frank said as he looked down

“Yeah…I suppose but I don’t want to lose my very best friend” Steve said

“Then you need to ask yourself, is Rebecca really worth taking that risk because once you maKe the decision, you wont be able to go back….think about it, now lets go downstairs” Frank said as he got up then looked back at Steve

“Hey, whatever you decide, I am proud of you” Frank said as he smiled

Steve smiled then he got up

“I am going to get Sal” Frank said as he walked towards Sally’s room. The door was half open, Sally was lying on her bed

“Can I come in” Frank said as he pushed open the door

Sally didn’t respond

Frank went over and sat on the bed

“I am sorry if I pushed your hand off earlier, I was really angry” Frank said as he leaned forward and touched Sally’s cheek

“How is your neck” Frank said

“Its ok” Sally said

“We are going to have a meeting, you have to come downstairs” Frank said

Sally didn’t respond

“Whats wrong Sal? Frank said

“Everyone is leaving and it makes me sad and now Bobby hates me, I wasn’t lying Frank”  Sally sad as she sat up and started to cry

“I know Sal,” Frank said as he leaned forward and hugged Sally

“Hey, Roo said she called” Frank said as he leaned back

“Yes, I forgot to tell you” Sally said

“Sal” Frank said with a disapproving look

Sally leaned forward and hugged Frank tight  “I love you Frank” Sally said as Frank laughed

That was great Mr Fisher, thank  you” Danny said after swallowing the last of the pasta

“You’re welcome” Donald said as he got up

“Please let me wash the dishes” Danny said getting up

“No, you are a guest here Danny” Donald said

“I am going to be your son in law, l will not take no for an answer” Danny said as he got up and began picking up the plates

“Darling, you didn’t each much” Danny said as he looked at Bobby’s plate

“Yes you haven’t eaten much, I thought you were hungry” Donald said

“I hope you are not still upset about what happened earlier, I told you, Frank probably didn’t mean it, I forgive him” Danny said

“I am surprised that Frank would attack you” Donald said looking at Danny’s eye

Bobby didn’t response

“I am not concerned about me, I am concerned because he told Bobby that she is no longer welcome at the house and is no longer a member of the family” Danny said

“What? Is that what Frank said? Who gave him the right to say that? Why didn’t you say something Bobby?” Donald said looking at Bobby

“It doesn’t matter” Bobby said as she started to roll the apple on the table

“It does, No wonder you are upset, the Fletchers have been a part of your life for a few years. How dare he come back and throw his weight around.  I am going to go over there and give him a piece of my mind” Donald said

“Leave it Dad, it doesn’t matter. Tomorrow by this time I will be far away from Summer Bay and far away from the Fletcher family, they have been a curse to me” Bobby said while still rolling the apple on the table.

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

When Frank and Sally got downstairs, Martin was sitting at the dining table waiting

“G’day Frank, I was wondering if I can have  a word” Martin said as he stood up

“About what? Frank said as he walked closer to Martin while Sally held his hand

“Its kind of private” Martin said looking around and gesturing for Frank to go outside with him

“I wont be long” Frank said then he walked out  behind Martin..Sally still holding his hand

When they got outside Martin stopped walking and turned around, he was about to talk when he looked down and saw Sally . He half laughed and pointed at her.

“I wont be long Sal” Frank said as he gestured for her to go in the house. Sally ran toward the house, opened the door then went inside

“What is this about?” Frank said folding his arms

“I needs a big favour mate” Martin said  as they both started walking

“What favour” Frank said as he put his hands in his pockets

“You heard about the cocktail party at the Sands on Wednesday?” Martin said

“Yeah, I saw the invite in the house, I think they are inviting business owners or something” Frank said

“I want to go to the party” Martin said

“You don’t own a business” Frank said

“I know” Martin said

“So why are you telling me?” Frank said

“Allison can get me on the guest list, she works there” Martin said

“Great so why are you telling me?” Frank said

“There is a catch” Martin said

“What?” Frank said

“Alison will only get me on the guest list if she can go out with you on one date” martin said

“What? You got to be joking mate” Frank said as he laughed

“I am dead serious mate, go on, please” Martin said

“Mate, I am married, how can I go on a date with another woman?” Frank said as he stopped walking and looked at Martin

“Well your wife isn’t here is she? Just take her out, Ill even give you the money to get her some fish and chips or something. Come on Frankie” Martin said desperately

“I cant, Bobby will kill me” Frank said….then realized what he said

“Geez Frank, you forgot who you are married to” Martin said then laughed

“Look, I am not taking Alison out” Frank said with a serious look on his face then he turned back to walk back to the house

“What do I tell her? I cant let her down, I really want to go to this party” Martin said

“I don’t care what you tell her, I am not taking her out anywhere” Frank said as he walked away

“Yes you are” Martin said to himself and smiled

Just as Frank was about to get to the door, Donald Fisher came around the corner

“I want to talk to you” Donald said with a serious look on his face

Frank sighed

Fisher Residence

“Hey” Danny said as he sat next to Bobby on the couch “I think your dad went out to give us some privacy” Danny said as he put his arm around Bobby

“No he didn’t , he went over to see Frank” Bobby said as she stared at the TV

“He has every right to, if someone hurt you I would be doing the same” Danny said

Bobby didn’t respond

Danny picked up Bobby’s hand and slipped an elastic band on her ring finger “Sorry I haven’t got you a real one yet but I will very soon” Danny said then he kissed Bobby’s cheek. Bobby smiled then she looked down at her finger…

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“How can I help you” Frank said

“What is the matter with you?” Donald said

“Excuse me?” Frank said

“I tried to forgive you for hurting my child once but you cant help yourself can you? Donald said

“What are you talking about?” Frank said looking confused

“You know what I am talking about, not only do you break Bobby’s heart then you have the nerve to tell her that she is no longer part of the Fletcher family. What gives you the right to make that decision” Donald said

“This has nothing to do with you, it’s a family matter” Frank said as he tried to walk off. Donald grabbed his arm, Frank shrugged his arm off

“Please do not insult my intelligence. I tried to pick up the pieces of the mess you left behind, while you were making another life with my niece, I listened to my daughter cry herself to sleep every single night and walk around like her life had stopped” Donald said

Frank didn’t respond, he just stared at Donald

“You haven’t even been back for five minutes and again you just ripped her heart out with your selfish behavior” Donald said

“Like I said, it’s a family matter” Frank said

“If you cared at all for Bobby, which I doubt you did, you would apologize to her before she leaves tomorrow” Donald said

“I don’t take orders from you about my family” Frank said

“You are a sad excuse for a man Frank Morgan, you are lucky that Danny is a forgiving person otherwise he would've called the police after the way you savagely attacked him. I hope Ruth comes to her senses and realises what a terrible person you really are. The sooner you leave Summer Bay, the better. Donald said as he turned and walked off

Frank had an angry look on his face as he watched Donald walk away then he went inside

“What did you want to tell us? Carly said as she ate a banana

“Oh nothing, just that I am going to pick up Pippa tomorrow, early, she wanted to see you all before you went to school” Frank said

Sally walked up to Frank and hugged him

“Oh, I thought it was going to be something important like you were going to leave tomorrow or something” Steve said as he walked to the kitchen

“No, I will be here for another 10 days, while Pippa gets back into the routine of being home” Frank said

“By the way, where is that invitation for the cocktail party at the Sands Resort?  Frank said as he walked over to the desk, picked up the invitation, looked at it then smiled….

Chapter 38

Fisher Residence

“Oh Hello Mr Fisher” Danny said as Donald entered the living room and put his keys on the table

“Dad why did you go over to the caravan park?”  Bobby said as she looked at her father

“I didn’t….I went to” Donald was interrupted by Bobby

“Don’t lie, you went to see Frank when I told you to leave it” Bobby said

“I just couldn’t Bobby, I can’t stand by and watch Frank keep ruining your life” Donald said as he sat down on the chair looking at Bobby

“That’s just it, its my life, I told you to leave it, when are you going to stop interfering in my life? When am I going to be allowed to live my life? Bobby said then got up and walked towards the door, opened it, slammed the door and left. Shortly after,  Danny and Donald heard Bobby drive off.

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Are you ready for school tomorrow?” Frank said as Steve sat down next to him on the couch

“I guess so, you need to come in with me tomorrow to see Mr Fisher since I have missed school” Steve said

“Yeah, when I bring Pippa home, I will take you. Don’t forget to try and be home early tomorrow because we are going to have a family dinner for her. Have you decided what you are going to do about your little problem?” Frank said

“I still don’t know what to do Frank. Can I ask you something?” Steve said

“Anything” Frank  said

“If you and Bobby never got together, do you think you would still be friends today…with you being married to Roo?” Steve said

“I would like to think so but I doubt it because of the way she felt about me and Roo, I don’t think she would want to be around us and I wouldn’t blame her.” Frank said

“Would….you miss her?” Steve said

Frank exhaled and paused “Yes….I would if that is how things happened” Frank said

“But if she was really your friend, she would be happy for you right?” Steve said

“It’s a little more complicated when feelings get involved” Frank said

“I think I am going to just tell Sandra about Rebecca, I like her too much to lie to her and give her the wrong impression. I just hope we can still be friends”  Steve said

“I hope so” Frank said

“When are you going to tell her?” Frank said

“I am going to when she comes to visit, I owe her that at least to tell her face to face” Steve said

“Well let me know how it goes” Frank said as he got up just as Carly walked into the room

“What are you doing now?” Frank said to Carly

“Nothing why? Carly said

“I haven’t spent much time with you, lets go for a walk and talk” Frank said

Carly smiled as her eyes widened with excitement

“Don’t be too long, Dinner will be ready in an hour” Floss said

“Can I go Frank?, you haven’t spent time with me” Sally said from the kitchen as she walked up to Frank

Frank bent down “I have a special date for me and you” Frank said as Sally smiled and hugged him “ I love you Frank” Sally said

“Love you too Sal, Don’t leave the house ok?, stay here where Floss and Steve can see you” Frank said as he removed himself from the hug

“Ok” Sally said with a smile

“We won’t be long” Frank said as he walked towards the door with Carly behind him.

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“You still hung over Marty?”  Lance said as he sat on the chair opposite Martin and opened a can of cola and drank some

“No, just thinking of how I can get Frank to go out with Allison. I had a plan but I don’t think its going to work. I really want to go to that party” Martin said

“Marty, Frank is married to Roo, why would he want to take Allison out? Lance said looking confused

“So I can go to the party, why else?” Martin said annoyed

“I think you better think of another way to get in the party” Lance said as he turned the TV on. Shortly after Martin said “I got it!...This plan is a beauty!”  Martin smiled to himself “I think I need to get my suit dry-cleaned because I am 100% going to the party on Wednesday “ Martin said as he got up to go to him room to get his suit

Beach-Summer Bay

Bobby took her shoes off and put them in the back seat of her car. She shut the door then headed to the beach. In a few hours she would be leaving all this behind she thought to herself. As Bobby got to the sand, it felt warm on her feet, it was early evening,  the sun was setting but it was still bright outside.

As Bobby walked along the beach, she remembers when she would come here as a little girl with the woman she thought was her Mum, she remembered playing in the sand and building sand castles. Bobby also remembered the times she would come here to the beach and seek refuge away from her father when he would get drunk and beat her.

Bobby also remembered it was here that she gave her innocence away to someone who for those few moments really cared about her.  Bobby looked at the water and remembered the times she would sit and watch Alan surf, Bobby smiled to herself. As Bobby walked, she remembered the times when her and Frank would just walk and plan their lives…when they would have children…a boy and a girl…the kind of house they would live in. Bobby also remembered the times she would come to the beach and cry because her heart was broken when Frank left…the beach didn’t try and give her advice, it was always there when she needed comfort. Bobby smiled and sat down and looked out into the water …

“So” Frank said as he took his shoes of and his feet touched the sand

“So what?” Carly said as she picked up her shoes

“Now that things are going back to normal, what are your plans?”  Frank said as they walked

“I was going to ask Mr Fisher tomorrow if I can do my HSC classes at night and get a job in the day time. I want to save money and maybe move out” Carly said

“Move to where?” Frank said

“I dunno, I want to save some money first” Carly said

“What about the money in your trust fund?” Frank said

“ I want to make it on my own first without that money” Carly said

“Good on you” Frank said with a smile

“I was going to ask Bobby to get a place together but she is going now” Carly said

“Well there is no rush” Frank said

“You haven’t told me about New York, what is it like” Carly said

“Its ok, everything is big and loud and fast” Frank sid as they both laughed

“So its like “The City?” Carly said

“The City multipled by ten” Frank said as they both laughed

“It must be amazing living there, Roo must love all the fashion and trendy stuff, I wish I was there” Carly said

“Yeah, she does, she loves it. She is actually going to Los Angeles tomorrow, on a work trip” Frank said

“I am soo jealous, I wish it was me. Nothing happens here in Summer Bay” Carly said

“Summer Bay is alright” Frank said

“Don’t tell me that you miss Summer Bay?” Carly said as she laughed

“Sometimes I do, not just Summer Bay, I miss the people in Summer Bay” Frank said

Carly had an idea about what Frank meant

“Look I am sorry for what I said earlier about Bobby and” Carly was interrupted by Frank “Don’t worry about it”

They walked in silence for a few seconds “So how are things in the boyfriend department?" Frank said

“Matt came back to Summer Bay just before you did, you know we have a history and I really want things to work” Carly said

“But?” Frank said

“He said he had a girlfriend in "The City" and he is going back to break up with her on Tuesday” Carly said

“Do you believe him?” Frank said

“I really like Matt, , I will know where we are going when he gets back on Wednesday. I just don’t want to be stuck in Summer Bay forever. I want to experience life outside like you are and if its not working out, I can always come back but I want to at least try” Carly said

“You don’t need Matt to make that decision” Frank ssaid

“I know but I don’t want to miss out on being with him” Carly said

“What does he want?” Frank said

“I don’t know, he said he wants to go and break up with the girl in the City first” Carly said

“Carls, have your own plans and if Matt wants the same, that is a bonus but don’t waste your life by waiting around for him” Frank said

“I know but he is the first guy who  I think I love” Carly said

“If he loves you, he wouldn’t want to hold you back, he would try to make it work where you are both happy” Frank said. He felt like a hypocrite, he was reminded of the time he convinced Bobby to stay with him and not go to university instead of trying to help her achieve her dream too.

“Bobby gave up going to Uni for you” Carly said hoping that Frank wouldn’t get annoyed

“I know and when I think about it, I was being selfish for forcing her to make that decision” Frank said as he looked down at the sand

“But if Bobby didn’t love you as much as she did, she wouldn’t have done that. I want Matt to feel that way about me, love me to the point that he would sacrifice for me…apart from Tom and Pippa, I have never had that in my life” Carly said

“You will Carls just don’t force it or rush” Frank said

“I really missed you Frank..I hate that you had to leave…I just wish our family was like it was before…Tom still here…you and Bobby still together” Carly said

“I guess we cant always have what we want” Frank said

“Anyway, I am going to the Sands Resort tomorrow, they are hiring temporary staff for the Cocktail party on Wednesday, Matt and I are going to apply. Carly said

“Can you believe that Martin wants me to take Allison out on a date so she can put him on the guest list” Frank said then shook his head

“What?” Carly said and started laughing “Are you going to take her?”

“You are just as bad as Martin” Frank said then Carly started laughing

Bobby rested her chin on her knees looking into the water and thinking of all the good and bad memories of Summer Bay. She was thinking how some of the best and worst moments in her life involved the same people…all of a sudden, in the distance she heard a familiar laugh and looked to her right and sighed. She saw Frank and Carly walking towards her. Her first instinct was to get up and walk the otherway  but she did nothing wrong, they were always hurting her, why should she run away? She had every right to be on the beach.”

“Oh no” Carly said as she looked into the distance

“What?” Frank said looking puzzled

“Bobby is sitting over there” Carly said as she pointed in the direction of Bobby sitting on the sand

“What should we do?” Carly said

“Nothing, ignore her. Remember what she said earlier? Don’t even look at her” Frank said as he was feeling himself get angry

“Let’s turn back” Carly said

“No, we have every right to be here” Frank said

“What if Danny is around?” Carly said

“If he wants to finish what he started, I am ready” Frank said angrily

As Bobby felt them getting closer her heart started to beat faster…she could hear their footsteps in the sand. She closed her eyes and rested her head on her knees.

As Frank and Carly got closer to Bobby, Frank continued to get angry, he was angry that he loves her, he was angry that he felt guilty, he was angry that she was leaving, he was angry that she put another man before him.

Bobby raised her head up and looked directly at the water, Carly and Frank walked in front of her as if she was a stranger, as if she was someone they had never cared for . Bobby waited until they were far in the distance before she turned to her left and looked at them walk away.

“It’s not over”

“What? Bobby said as she looked around. Again she thought she heard someone say “Its not over” nobody was around. Bobby shook her head then got up and made her way back to her car

“I hated that we did that. That was probably the last time we are going to see her” Carly said to Frank

“She deserves it” Frank said but on the inside he agrees, he hated that he was sooo close to her but he couldn’t touch her. Today was going to be the last time he would see Bobby and it had to end this way

“its not over”

“What’s not over?” Frank said

“What?” Carly said

“Did you hear that? Frank said looking around

“Hear what?” Carly said confused

“Nothing, lets get back to the house” Frank said looking around again. He thought he heard someone say “it not over”he  shook his head and continued walking with Carly

Chapter 39

Bobby drove into the parking spot outside her house and turned off the engine and leaned back. This was going to be her last night in Summer Bay, a place she called home. A place filled with more bad memories than good. Bobby got out of the car and closed the door. She walked towards the front door and sighed. Tomorrow will begin her new life…with Danny. Bobby opened the door and walked into the living room. She saw her father sitting in the living room and walked on to the bedroom

“Bobby, please, wait” Donald said as he got up. Bobby stopped walking

“Please come and sit down” Donald said “Danny is in the room”

Bobby went over and sat on the couch

“I am sorry for lying to you, I didn’t mean to. It seems like all your recent problems begin and end with Frank. I can’t sit back and watch him keep hurting you” Donald said

“Your interfering makes things worse for me, you don’t seem to understand that.” Bobby said

“I am sorry, I don’t want you to leave here hating me” Donald said

“I don’t hate you, I just wish you would let me live my life and make my own mistakes. I don’t need you protecting me” Bobby said

“I know that but I feel I have to when Frank is involved” Donald said

“Dad, Frank and I ended a long time ago, he moved on and I am moving on. Please just leave it alone” Bobby said then she got up

“Ok ok, I won’t say anything again. I just want you to be happy “ Donald said

“Well leave me alone, let me live my life and I will be happy” Bobby said as she walked off

When Bobby got out of sight, Donald walked over to his desk, opened the drawer and pulled out the envelope. There was $500 dollars inside. “I am sorry Bobby, I have to interfere” Donald said to himself then he put the envelope back in the drawer and closed it

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Hello can I speak to Sandra please” Steve said

“Steve its me” Sandra said

“Oh Hi, I didn’t recognize your voice, how are you?” Steve said

“Good, I just got home, David and I went out to watch a movie, how are you? Did you get my letter? Sandra said

“Oh is David a new foster brother? Yes I did get your letter, thanks” Steve said as he furled his brows

“No, David is a friend from school, we are working on a project together and just wanted to have a break” Sandra said

“Oh right, you never mentioned him in your letters that’s all” Steve said finding himself jealous

“Oh, I thought I did” Sandra said

“So when did you want to come up and visit?’ Steve said?

“We have a week off in two weeks so I was thinking the weekend before that, gives me a chance to to get back and do some studying. What do you think? Sandra said

“Yeah, that is fine, I will ask Pippa if you can stay in one of the vans” Steve said annoyed

“I was going to call Mrs Stewart, she said I can stay with her,  I think that might be a better idea” Sandra said

“Yeah, I forgot about that” Steve said

“Are you alright? You sound a bit upset” Sandra said

“No I am fine, I got to go, I am going back to school tomorrow, just dreading all the work I have to catch up on” Steve said

“Oh ok, well thank you for calling. Its your turn to write so I will wait for your letter” Sandra said

“Ok, bye” Steve said then he put the phone down.

“Are you alright love” Floss said as she watched Steve

“Fine” Steve said then he went upstairs

Frank wiped the last plate and put it away then wiped his hands on the towel, folded it and hung it over the sink

“Dinner was great Floss, thank you” Frank said as he went over to the couch and sat next to Floss

“You and I haven’t spent much time together since you got back” Floss said as her and Frank both laughed “It really is good to have you home love” Floss said as she patted Franks leg

“So you have been here a few days now, how do you feel” Floss said

“Its good to be back, seeing my family..” Frank said as he looked down

“When are you going back?” Floss said

“I have to book my return date tomorrow, I am going back a week on Wednesday. I want to be here to help Pippa settle in, makes sure these lot are behaving” Frank said as he smiled

“Well you will be back home to New York soon and Roo” Floss said as she smiled

“Yeah” Frank said looking down

“Love, its me you are talking to, how are you?’ Floss said

“I don’t know Floss, I have all these emotions I didn’t expect to have” Frank said

“Its understandable that you feel this way, When you go back home, you will be fine” Floss said

“I don’t know Floss”  Frank said

“What do you mean love?” Floss said

“I don’t even know Floss. I mean New York is alright, yes Roo is there but it doesn’t feel like home, it doesn’t feel like here” Frank said

“Give yourself some time Love, you haven’t been there long..besides, you did leave Sumer Bay for a reason” Floss said

“Yeah I know but I don’t know if it was for the right reason” Frank said

“What are you saying love?” Floss said

“I don’t know what I am saying, this is what I mean, everything is just confusing right now” Franks said

“I am sorry love” Floss said as she patted Frank’s back

“What should I do Floss? Maybe you can read the cards” Frank said as he looked at Floss and smiled then looked down

“Lovey, I don’t think the cards will give you the answer you are looking…you will be alright” Floss said and she put her arm around Frank and briefly hugged him

Stewart Residence-Summer Bay

“Where are you going?” Alf said as he walked into the living room as Ailsa was putting on her coat

“I have to see Bobby, Duncan is sleeping” Ailsa said as she picked up her keys from the table

“Love, I thought you were going to leave all that now?” Alf said

“I cant Alf, Bobby means a lot to me, she came after me to say goodbye when I was leaving, I don’t want her leaving here hating me. I wont be long” Ailsa said

“Just remember that Roo’s happiness should be a priority” Alf said as he sat down

“Yes you keep on telling me, that doesn’t mean that Bobby doesn’t deserve to be happy too. Ill see you soon” Ailsa said  as she walked towards the front door and left,

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

*Phone ringing*

“Hello Summer Bay Caravan Park” Frank said as he picked up the phone

“Hello Frank, can I please speak to Carly” Matt said

“Yeah, hold on, ill get her” Frank said

“CARLY! PHONE” Frank said as he shouted at the stairs

“I am going up to read Sal a story” Frank said to Floss as he went upstairs as Carly was coming down

“Hello” Carly said as she picked up the receiver

“Hey” Carly said and smiled as she heard Matt’s voice

“I did say I was going to call” Matt said

“I am glad you did” Carly said as she sat down at the desk

“What time  you heading over to the Sands resort? Matt said

“I want to go in and see Mr Fisher tomorrow morning so maybe in the afternoon. Ill just see you at the Diner if you are working tomorrow

“Yeah I am working, I will try and go at lunch time” Matt said

“Ok. I really enjoyed our picnic today. I cant wait to see you tomorrow” Carly said as she smiled

“Yeah me too, just come over on your way back from the Sands resort” Matt said

“Ok I will. Sweet dreams” Carly said

“You too” Matt said then he put the phone down

Carly put the receiver down and smiled to herself

“You really like him don’t you love?” Floss said

“Yes I do” Carly said as she smiled

“Matt is a lovely young man” Floss said

“I know”Carly said

“I am going to head off for the night. I will see you in the morning love. I will bake the cake in the morning, Sally finished the decorations” Floss said

“I will get Steve to help me finish the banner” Carly said

“Alright love, see you in the morning” Floss said as she walked towards the door

“Thanks Floss, night” Carly said

“Carly walked over to the stairs and said “STEVE COME AND HELP ME WITH THE BANNER”

“Are you ready?” Danny said as he stood in Bobby’s room as he watched her push one thing into the corner of her suitcase

“Yes I am” Bobby sid as she faked a smile

“Knock at the door”

“Who is that?” Danny said

“I don’t know” Bobby said as she walked out of her room and towards the front door and opened it

“Hello Bobby” Ailsa said

“What do you want?” Bobby said

“I want to talk to you, please “ Ailsa said

“There is nothing else to say” Bobby

“I don’t want you leaving here hating me” Ailsa said

“Too late” Bobby said

“ I  have given you several second chances, you owe me at least one” Ailsa said

“five minutes” Bobby said as she turned around to walk to the living room

“Not here, lets go to the Diner” Ailsa said

Bobby sighed and went to pick up her keys then walked back to her room

“I am just going to the Diner to speak to Ailsa, I wont be long” Bobby said to Danny

“Should I come?” Danny said

“No its ok, I guess she wants to speak to me alone” Bobby said as she picked up her jacket

“You haven’t told me you love me”  Danny said

“Yes I have” Bobby said as she smiled

“I love you Bobby” Danny said as he walked up to Bobby and hugged her

Bobby sighed and said “I love you too” and closed her eyes then removed herself from the embrace

Bobby walked out of the room with Danny behind her

“Hello Mrs Stewart” Danny said

“Oh my, what happened to you?” Ails said as she saw Danny

“Its nothing, Frank got annoyed at me earlier but I forgive him” Danny said

“Sorry to hear that” Ailsa said confused

“I wont be long, tell Dad if he asks” Bobby said as she followed Ailsa out

“Ok, I love you” Danny said as he turned Bobby around

“I love you too” Bobby said and fake smiled as Danny kissed her cheek

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“That looks great” Frank said as he walked over to the table where Carly and Steven were colouring in a welcome home banner for Pippa

Frank pulled out a chair and sat opposite Steve and Carly. “Will be nice to have Pippa back home” Frank said

“Yeah, hopefully things can get back to normal…I still cant believe that Bobby is leaving” Carly said

“Do you think she is happy?”  Steve said, looking at Frank

“I don’t care, the further both of them are away from here, the better” Frank said

“Do you really mean that Frank? Carly said

“Yeah, I do…as far as I am concerned Bobby Morgan  doesn’t exist” Frank said as he got up from the table and walked over to the TV, tuned it on and sat on the couch

Carly and Steve looked at each other

“Did you hear what he said” Steve said in a whisper

“Yeah…” Carly said as she looked at Steve

Bayside Diner- Summer Bay

Bobby sat   at a booth while Ailsa brought over two cups of coffee. She put one cup in front of Bobby then sat down. Bobby sighed

“What do you want?” Bobby said as she crossed her arms and sat back

“Thank you for agreeing to come here…..Do you remember when I first told you about this place and asked you to be my business partner?” Ailsa said as she smiled

Bobby didn’t respond

“I hurt you with what I said,  I didn’t think about your feelings when I said it” Ailsa said

Bobby didn’t respond

“I felt like I was put in an awkward position” Ailsa said

“You put yourself in that position” Bobby said

“I know but look at it from my view” Ailsa said

“No thanks” Bobby said and she took a spoon and stirred the coffee

“Bobby please, I was wrong  by the way I said it but I am still right, you cant blame Roo “ Ailsa said

“Bye Ailsa” Bobby said as she went to get up. Ailsa grabbed Bobby’s arm, Bobby shrugged her off

“What do you want me to say Ailsa? That because Roo is now your daughter what she did hurts less? Bobby said

“Bobby, you told her to go” Ailsa said

“But she didn’t have to go…Ailsa…..she didn’t have to go…all the men in the world and she took mine…Do you know how I feel? I was never able to compete with her…do you know how that feels?

“Bobby, how you feel is not Roo’s fault, I am sorry” Ailsa said

Bobby sighed then said “You just don’t understand…take care of yourself”

“Make me understand” Ailsa said

“None of it matters now, I know who to trust and who not to trust..I start a new life tomorrow, nothing in Summer Bay is going to matter anymore” Bobby said

“Look, we are not going to agree about this but do you really want to throw away a friendship because of a difference of opinion?” Ailsa said

“Its not a difference of opinion Ailsa, don’t you understand? Look, I am tired, I want to get back and have an early night, Danny and I are leaving really early tomorrow” Bobby said

"Danny Said Frank attacked him, that was surprising to hear" Ailsa said

Bobby didnt respond

“Do you know where you are going?” Alisa said

“No, I am just going to let Danny decide” Bobby said

“Are you happy?” Ailsa said

“Anything is better than being here with all these bad memories” Bobby said

“That doesn’t answer the question” Ailsa said

“Yes it does” Bobby said

“Ill miss you, maybe you can send a postcard or call when you get settled” Ailsa said

“Yeah…maybe” Bobby said

“Have you set a date for the wedding?” Ailsa said

“No but Danny wants us to get married soon, maybe in the next few weeks” Ailsa said

“What do you want? Ailsa said

“Ailsa enough with the questions, I am going now, take care” Bobby said then she walked towards the diner door

“You still love him don’t you” Ailsa said

Bobby stopped walking and turned around

“Ill never stop loving him” Bobby said then she turned around and walked out the door

“I know love” Ailsa said as she sighed and looked down at her cup of coffee

Chapter 40

Manhattan-New York

Roo rubbed her eyes, reached out her hand and searched around until she was touching the alarm clock and slammed her hand down until the alarm stopped buzzing. She purposefully set her alarm early so she could wake up early and get to the office on time to meet Nancy so they can go to the airport together. Roo felt very excited, this was probably the happiest she had been in her life and nothing or nobody was going to take that away. Roo dragged herself out of the bed and walked towards to the bathroom to get ready for an exciting day

Summer Bay

The weather was cool tonight as Bobby thought as she walked as fast as she could to get home. After what happened at the Diner with Ailsa, she didn’t want to wait around to get a ride home.

“Hey Bobby”

Bobby looked around to see Lance and Martin driving slowly behind her

“Where are you going?” Lance said as Martin drove alongside Bobby

“Home” Bobby said

“Do you want a lift?” Lance said

“No” Bobby said

“Hold on for a second Bobby, I want to say something” Lance said as Bobby slowed down  and stopped walking

“We’ve known each other for ages right” Lance said

“Yeah, so?” Bobby responded

“I just want to say that I know that lots of bad things have happened to you and I just want you to know that you are a mate and I hope you are going to be happy when you leave” Lance said

“Thanks” Bobby said as she smiled. Lance was right, they had known each other since they were kids. She used to get into trouble with them when they were growing up and now she was leaving.

“Actually, I wouldn’t mind that lift” Bobby said as she opened the back of the car and got in

Bayside Diner

Ailsa picked up the two cups and and walked over to the counter and put them down “Ill wash them tomorrow” Ailsa thought then she walked over to light switch. Before Ailsa turned the light off, she looked around the diner and thought about the times she had with Bobby, getting the Diner ready to open..Bobby cooking and laughing in the kitchen..being excited to make Frank lunch..talking about her future with Frank..then the last year…walking around as if she ceased to exist. Ailsa sighed then turned the light off and locked the door of the Diner.

“Thanks for the lift” Bobby said as she went to open the door

“Take care of yourself Bobby” Martin said

“Thanks” Bobby said

“Bobby let me tell you something funny, Alison wants Martin to put a good word in for her with Frank”  Lance said as he started laughing. Martin hit Lance’s leg then said “Be quiet”

Bobby felt her heart drop to her stomach

“Bobby is a mate, she doesn’t care about Frank” Lance said

“You’re right, I don’t . Good luck to them. See you around” Bobby said and she got out of the car and shut the door

When Bobby was inside the house, Martin said  “What did you say that for”

“Why? Its funny” Lance said

“She still loves him you idiot” Martin said as he drove off

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“I am going to get ready for bed” Carly said as she got up from the couch

“Alright” Frank said, his eyes still on the TV

“Knock on the door”

“Who is that?” Carly said as she went to walk towards the door

“No, go upstairs, Ill get it” Frank said and he got off the couch and walked towards the door as Carly went upstairs

“Who is it?” Frank said

“Frank its me, Ailsa” Ailsa said

Frank unlocked and opened the door

“Sorry it’s a bit late but can we talk? Ailsa said

“Sure” Frank said as he stepped aside for Ailsa to come in and pointed to the dining table for Ailsa to have a seat

“I hope I wasn’t interrupting anything” Ailsa said as she sat down

“No nothing” Frank said as he sat down opposite Ailsa

Ailsa looked around and saw the banner “Oh you are ready for Pippa to come home tomorrow”

“Yes, cant wait for things to get back to normal here, do you want a coffee or something?”Frank said

“No thanks, I wont be long” Ailsa said

“I just met with Bobby at the Diner” Ailsa said

“Nothing to do with me anymore” Frank said as he sat back

“I know but I just wanted someone to talk too” Ailsa said

“Why do you think I would want to talk about Bobby?” Frank said

“Come on Frank, you cant fool me” Ails said

Frank didn’t respond

“Danny said you attacked him” Ailsa ssaid

“I didn’t, I hit him once because he threatened Sal” Frank said

“Really? What about?” Ailsa said

“I don’t want to get into it, the sooner they both get out of town, the better” Frank said as he tapped his finger on the table

“She thinks that because Roo is my step daughter, I am taking sides” Ailsa said

“Bobby and I finished long ago, why is she still going on about this?” Frank said

“We thought you were coming back to  Summer Bay with Roo so I said to Bobby that if she saw Roo, not to blame her for the break up of her marriage and that is why she thinks I am taking sides” Ailsa said

“Well that is her problem not mine and not Roo’s” Frank said

“I know but its hard to get Bobby to understand that…I don’t want her leaving here hating me” Ailsa said

“Ailsa, I am not sure what you expect me to say here, I don’t really care what Bobby does, she has always been selfish and spiteful, thinking only about her emotions” Frank said

“Frank why are you being so cold?” Ailsa said

“I am not being cold, I am telling you the truth. I don’t care what Bobby does, I am sick of hearing about how she feels Any problems you have with Bobby are between you and Bobby” Frank said as he put his head down

Ailsa looked at Frank and shook her head…it was a mistake to come here,….she  just made things worse

“I am sorry to have bothered you” Ailsa said as she got up and walked to the door. Just before she opened the door, she turned around and looked at Frank

“She still loves you too” Ailsa said

Frank looked up at Ailsa

Ailsa half smile then let herself out and closed the door

Bobby sat on the couch, she changed the channels using the remote, there was nothing to watch. Her Dad was in his room and she assumed Danny was asleep. Next to her sat the bear Alan left her. Bobby picked up the bear and smiled. She decided not to take the bear in case something happened to it on her travels then she would lose her piece of Alan.

On the floor was a box of things Bobby owned, she wanted to go through the box incase there was something she wanted to take with her.  Bobby picked up the box and put it on the couch next to her, turned to face the box and opened the lid.

Bobby looked inside the box, there we lot of photos, cards and different mementos she had stored over the years. The first photo that caught Bobby’s eye was one of her as a little gitl on the beach with her Mum…or the lady she thought was her Mum, Bobby picked up the photo and smiled then, put the photo back in the box, another photo she picked out was a photo of her , Roo and Martha Stewart, Roo’s Mum. Martha had been really kind to her, she even helped Bobby get ready for her first ever prom, it was Alf Stewart who took the photo of them, Bobby put the photo back in the box.

Another photo Bobby pulled out was of her and the Fletcher family… Bobby studied the photo..Tom, Pippa, Sally, Steve, Carly, Lynn and Frank. Today she lost them..she wanted to rip the photo up because these people were no longer family but she didn’t, she put the photo back. Another photo Bobby pulled out was one Narelle took of her and Frank…Bobby turned the photo over “True love” Narelle had written on the back before she gave the photo to Bobby. Bobby sighed then put the photo back in the box. She spent at least an hour looking at old photos and was about to put the box away, she didn’t want to go through anymore memories. Just as Bobby was about to put the lid on the box, she caught site of the rolled up napkin held together by a pink ribbon. Bobby put her hand inside the box and pulled it out. Carefully Bobby untied the ribbon, put the ribbon on her knee and unrolled the napkin.

14/2/1989

“B,

You are half of me and I will always need you to make me whole

As long as you will let me, I will take care of your heart and love you forever”

F

x

Bobby thought back to the time Frank gave this to her…they were on their honeymoon in Singapore. On Valentines morning, Frank left this on the pillow next to her . Bobby remembered thinking that marrying Frank erased all the bad things she had been through in her life……they were so happy….if somebody had told her that day that her and Frank would be over a few months later, she never would’ve believed it

“Its not over”

“What?” Bobby said as she looked around…there was nobody there. She honestly thought she heard someone say “Its not over” for a second time. Bobby frown then carefully rolled the napkin up and tied the pink ribbon around it and put it back in the box, got up, turned the TV off, picked up the box and walked towards her room.

Manhattan-New York

Roo put the apple in her bag, she didn’t have time to eat, she was too excited that she was going to Los Angeles. Roo walkd over to the mirror to make sure she looked ok. She wanted to look professional so she wore a sleeveless  knee length black shift dress with a thin red belt, she had on nude coloured tights and decided to wear a black short cardigan to pull her outfit together.  She pulled all her hair back and secured the ponytail with a red band. Roo wore very little make up, just some light pink lipgloss.  In the month she had been working at the Edison Agency, Roo had picked up lots of fashion and beauty advice from her collegues and was able to put outfits together even though Frank was always complaining about her buying too much clothes, now that she is working, she didn’t need to ask him to buy her clothes.  Roo walked over to the wadrobe and pulled out a pair of black low heel shoes, slipped her feet into them then walked back over to the mirror and smiled..she looked really good, just like a professional should.

Roo walked over to the couch and picked up her coat then put it on and looked once more in the mirror and smiled. Roo put her bag on her shoulder and picked up her suitcase and headed for the door. Once Roo was outside, she pulled the door shut, as she did this, she noticed something about her hand….she forgot to put on her wedding ring…she thought about it for a few seconds….she didn’t want to be late so locked the door and and made her way down the stairs.

Archived