Homecoming

Summer's Bay

:)

Chapter 21

Narelle’s Flat – “The City” Australia

“Narelle I am really sorry about all this” Bobby said

“About what?” Narelle  said looking confused as they both made up the bed in the room

“All this drama, I just wanted to get away for a few days, have some girly time and now everything is a mess and we dumped it all on you” Bobby said as she put one hand on her hip

“Bobby that is what friends are for, I am always here if you need me. Will you be ok when you go back to Summer Bay?” Narelle said as she changed a pillowcase

“I decided that I am going to go with Danny, I have nothing to stay for in Summer Bay,” Bobby said as she sighed

“I don’t think it’s a good idea but if that is what is going to make you happy, really happy then go for it!” Narelle said

“Thanks, when we get settled, come and visit” Bobby said

“Sure” Narelle said as she smiled. As Bobby bent over to pick up a pillow to change the case, Narelle looked at her friend, she didn’t agree with what she was doing but she understood that this is what she needed to do to mend her heart.

Steve came into the room

“So are you going to call Rebecca or not? The sooner we see her the quicker we can get on the road back home” Steve said with a smile

“Narelle do you mind if I cook dinner and we invite Rebecca over?” Bobby said but before she could answer “No need to cook, Ill get some takeaway” Frank said as he walked in the room behind Steve

“Yeah that will be great” Narelle said, I cant wait to meet Rebecca, go and call her” Narelle said as she fixed the bed and Steve walked out of the room

Frank stood sideways in the door way as Bobby walked through the door, the two almost touching but Bobby shifted herself before that could happen then Frank watched her walk away.

Bobby walked over to her bag, in the side pocket reached for her book which had Rebecca’s number then she walked over to the phone, picked up the receiver and dialed the number

“Hi, Rebecca, its me Bobby” Bobby said as Rebecca answered the phone

“Hi Bobby, how are you?” Rebecca said excited to hear her sister’s voice.

“Good, look I am in the city at my friend Narelle’s house, do you want to come over for some dinner tonight before I leave?, Steve is here” Bobby said as she and Steve both smiled

Rebecca smiled to herself and said “Sure, what time should I come over, what is the address?”

“Frank is going out to get a takeaway so maybe 30 mins if that is ok”? Bobby said

"Frank?" is he in Australia? Rebecca said with a smile

"Yes he is, is 30 mins ok?" Bobby said

“Sure that is fine, What is the address?” Rebecca said as she listened to Bobby give her Narelle’s address

“Oh that is not too far from here, Ill be there in 30 mins, I will see you then, bye” Rebecca said as she put the phone down

“So what are you getting us Frank” Narelle said as she came out of the kitchen with five plates

“Since I haven’t had some for a long time…fish and chips” Frank said as he looked at Bobby, she looked away and sighed

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“I am a bit confused as to why you are here Mr Fisher” Danny said slightly irritated and pointing for Mr Fisher to have a seat

“Don't play games” Donald said as he sat down “Why are you back here, you wasn't supposed to come back yet” Donald said 

“I am back because I am in love with your daughter, I couldn't stay away” Danny said as he sat down opposite Donald

“You were supposed to stay away until you were better” Donald said

“I am better now, I am on advanced expensive treatment, I cant afford it all the time but I couldn't wait, I've come back to take Bobby away like we planned” Danny said

“Look I have a proposition for you” Donald said

“Ok, what is it?” Danny said as he tapped his foot on the floor

“I love my daughter very much, she has been through a lot with her marriage breaking up and her upbringing, I want her to be happy and I think she might have a chance of that with you, that is why I wanted you to go away and get help” Donald said looking at Danny “ There is no more time, I am prepared to pay for what ever treatment you are having, a plane ticket,  the down payment of a flat anywhere and give you $1000 as long as you take her away with you as soon as she gets back from the City. I will convince her to go with you, I will also get Ailsa on side” Donald said as he leaned back on the chair

“Wow..You wasn’t too keen on Bobby coming with me the last time until my treatment was over what has changed your mind?” Danny said

“I have my reasons” Donald responded

Danny was silent for a few seconds, staring at Donald trying to figure out where all this came from then finally said “Does this have anything to do with Frank?”

“This is not the time for you to ask questions, do you accept my proposal?” Donald said in a stern voice

Danny paused for few seconds then said “Ok”. Donald put his hand out to shake his hand then said “Don’t tell Bobby we had this conversation, when she agrees I will wire the money to your bank account and you can take care of the rest. If you need any more money just let me know, I don’t want Bobby coming back to Summer Bay” Donald said as he got up and let himself out, shutting the van door behind him.

As Donald walked to his car, he couldn’t believe what he was doing, practically selling his daughter off to an unstable man but anything was better than being in Summer Bay, around memories of the man who ruined her life.

“The City”-Australia

Who was that on the phone  Rebecca? Barbara said as she came into the room as Rebecca put the phone down

“Bobby, she is in the city at her friends place and invited me over for dinner tonight before she leaves” Rebecca said as she was making her way to her room to get ready”

“That’s nice” Barbara said “Hey, I baked a pie yesterday, take that with you for dessert”

“Thanks Mum” Rebecca said

“Do you know what is for dinner?” Barbara said as she walked to the kitchen to package up the pie ”I don’t know, Frank is going out to get a takeaway” Rebecca said

“Frank?” Barbara said as she stopped in her tracks “Why is Frank there?” she enquired

“I don’t know Mum, Steve is there too,, maybe they came down together or something, who knows” Rebecca said annoyed

“As long as everyone still remembers that Frank is married to Ruth” Barbara said

“Yes Mum, I am sure nobody has forgotten that the dogs are married, forget the pie, I’ll get something from the store” Rebecca said as she ran to her room and slammed the door.

Bayside Diner-Summer Bay

“Hello love” Alf said as he walked into the diner with Duncan  as his wife and and Lance were closing up for the night

“Hello love” Ailsa said as she kissed Alf then Duncan

“Are you nearly finished?” Alf said

“Nearly, just a few more minutes, Lance has been a godsend” Ailsa said as they both watched lance cleaning tables

“By the way, I got an invite to a cocktail party at the Sands resort on Wednesday, they are inviting all the local business owners to check out the resort, how about we go and have fun for the night?” Alf said

“Yes I saw the initiation earlier, here it is “Ailsa said as she reached for the invitation on the counter “ I suppose we could go for a night out, but we need a sitter for Duncan” Ailsa said

“Ill babysit” Lance said as he came out of the kitchen and walked towards Alf.” I am really good with kids ain’t  that right mate” Lance said to Duncan who began to cry

“Oh  I am glad you are still open Ailsa, can I have a carton of milk “Celia said as she rushed into the diner

“Ok Celia” Ailsa said as she put the invitation on the counter and went to get the milk

Celia picked up the invitation “Oh what is this?” she said as she began to read it

“The Sand resort are inviting business owners to check out the resort on Wednesday over cocktails “ Alf said

“Why didn’t I get an initiation?, I am a business owner” Celia said annoyed

“Yes you own other people’s business” Alf said to which Lance started to laugh.

“Oh really Alfred, now is not the time for jokes, I will be going over there first thing Monday  to find out why I didn’t get an invitation” Celia said as she left the diner in a hurry

“Celia you forgot your milk” Ailsa said as she watched Celia rush out the door

Caravan Park – Summer Bay

Matt ,Sally and Carly sat on the couch watching TV, Floss was upstairs getting Christopher ready for bed

“Nev, I am not sure what time Frank is getting back but I can stay, you and Floss can head off  for the night”  Matt said “I got to read Sal a story as well” Matt said as he looked down at Sally who smiled as she snuggled under his arm.

“Ok, Matt, by the way, the Sand resort are having a cocktail party on Wednesday and are hiring some temporary staff, you should get down there on Monday  if you are interested” Nev said

“That’s sounds great Nev, thanks” Matt said

“Ill try as well” Carly said “I am going to ask Mr Fisher if I can do classes at night so I can get a job in the day time, get some money, start saving” Carly said

“Sounds good” Matt said as he smiled at Carly snuggled under his other arm. He loved where he was, loved making Sally and Carly feel safe....he had to tell Carly the truth..soon

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 22

Narelle’s Flat “The City” Australia

“Hi” Rebecca said as Steve opened the door

“Hi” Steve responded as he leaned forward and gave Rebecca a kiss and hug then moved so she can enter the apartment

“Narelle this is Rebecca” Steve said as he pointed at Rebecca

“Nice to meet you” Narelle said, Ive heard so much about ya”

“Yes I have heard about you too, it’s a shame its taken us long to meet. I brought Dessert” Rebecca said as she lifted up the bag she was holding “Oh that’s great, thanks, I put it in the fridge” Narelle said as she tok the bag fro m Rebecca and headed to the kitchen

“Rebecca walked over to where Bobby sat on the couch and gave her sister a really big hug “I saw you last month but I really missed you” Rebecca said “Are you ok?”

“Yeah, why wouldn’t I be?” Bobby responded

“Frank” Rebecca said

Bobby smiled then said “I am fine”

“Well I am not, the nerve he has to even be around you, I really hate his guts” Rebecca said

“Just leave it Rebecca, this is my problem” Bobby said

“And you are my sister” Rebecca said

“Yes and Roo is your cousin. Look,  I appreciate the support but please just leave it alone” Bobby said

Rebecca didn’t respond, She stood up and took off her jacket and placed it on the back of the dining chair, at that point Frank knocked the door

“Oh that must be Frank, I am starving” Steve said as he ran to the door

Steve opened the door and moved so Frank would come inside when he walked in he saw Rebecca, the last time they saw each other it was just before he and Roo left for New York, Rebecca gave him a serve about Bobby.

“Hi Rebecca, how are you?” Frank said as he took the fish and chips out of the bag and onto the table

Rebecca just smiled sarcastically at him and didn’t respond

“Well grubs up, let’s eat while it’s still hot” Frank said as he took his jacket off

Rebecca and Steven opted to sit on the couch and eat while Bobby Frank and Narelle sat at the dinner table

Bobby didn’t eat her food, she just pushed the food around on her plate with one hand while resting her chin on the other hand

Frank bit into his fish, chewed and swallowed” I didn’t think I would ever miss fish and chips, this tastes good” Frank said as he put some salt on his chips

“When was the last time you ate some Frank?” Steve said as he put several chips in his mouth

“Just before I left for New York, there is a fish and chip shop near to where I used to live here in the city, Roo and I went there for a date night and that is where I asked her to marry me” Frank said as he put a chip in his mouth

The silence after Frank said that was very loud and extremely uncomfortable. Steve felt bad for asking the question, Bobby was numb

“Who cares” Rebecca said

“Don’t they sell fish and chips over there?” Narelle said as she attempted to make the peace

“They do, Roo and I found a place the first week we were in New York, she liked it but its nothing like this” Frank said as he broke off some fish and put it in his mouth

“You not eating Bobby?” Narelle said

“I guess I am not that hungry” Bobby said as she smiled at Narelle

“I don’t blame you, I would lose my apetite too” Rebecca said as she put a chip in her mouth

Frank put his fork down and looked at Rebecca “What is that supposed to mean?”

“You really need me to explain it to you?” Rebecca said

“Yes I do because you are being rude and ungrateful , I just brought you dinner” Frank said

“What? You expect me to be like everybody else and forget what you did because you brought fish and chips?” Rebecca said

“I don’t care what you want to remember this has nothing to do with you” Frank said staring at Rebecca

“Frank go easy” Steve said trying to make the peace

“Yes it does have something to do with me since you dumped my sister to marry my cousin who previously tricked you into marrying her, I mean how dumb are you?” Rebecca said as she stood up

“Rebecca stop” Bobby said as she got up and walked over towards Rebecca to calm her down

“No I wont stop, who does he think he is? he didn’t even have the decency to not mention that dog’s name here” Rebecca said

“Don’t talk about my wife like that” Frank said

“Ill talk about my cousin like that. I don’t know how you can even stand here after what you did to Bobby” Rebecca said

“Rebecca stop, lets go outside” Bobby said as she tried to push Rebecca towards the door

“Since you think you know everything, let me tell you something” Frank said as he stood up

“Your sister knew that she was getting me on the rebound, she knew I still loved  your cousin, but she was so desperate to be with me she ignored the signs” Frank said

“Frank stop” Narelle said as she attempted to reach for Frank’s arm to stop him

“I will always love your cousin she treats me like a man, does everything to please me and will do anything to support my dream, your sister will never be good enough to be with a man like me and she knows it”  Frank said as he said down and returned to his food”

Steve, Narelle and Rebecca where very shocked at how heartless Frank was being. Bobby was so numb, she didn’t even know how to process what she heard

Rebecca put her hand in her jeans pocket and took out some money

“You are a disgusting human being Frank Morgan and you will get yours” Rebecca said, she took six dollars out of her pocket and threw it at Frank “Here is the money you spent, choke on it and go to hell” Rebecca said as she walked towards the door

“I am sorry Bobby” Rebecca said as she attempted to hug her sister. Bobby didn’t move

“Come on, Ill walk you to your car” Steve said s he left with Rebecca.

“your Sister will never be good enough to be with a man like me and she knows it”

your Sister will never be good enough to be with a man like me and she knows it

The words were spinning around in Bobby’s head, Frank hurt her, she never expected him to say what he did and put the nail in the coffin. She needed to be by herself

“Bobby” Narelle said

“Bobby walked towards the bedroom opened the door and shut it behind her

“Frank what did you say that for?” Narelle said, disappointed in her friend

“Why are you mad? Didn’t you tell me that I wasn’t being fair and that I made my choice? Frank said as he put some fish in his mouth “Why can’t I talk about my wife?”

“Not like this Frank, not like this  I don’t recognize you right now” Narelle said as she went to check on Bobby

As Frank chewed, he felt the tear roll down his cheek “My life is in New York with Roo ” he said as he ate the fish and chips.

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

Matt slowly closed Sally’s bedroom door. He had read a story to her and watched as she fell asleep. As Matt turned around, he saw Carly standing in front of her bedroom door. He walked towards her and smiled, they went into the bedroom. Once Matt was in the room, he closed the door.

Carly used the elastic band on her wrist and tied her hair back. She then unbuttoned her blouse and sat down on the bed looking at Matt who was still standing

“You can have anything you want” Carly said and she proceeded to lie down, waiting for Matt. Matt walked over to the other side of the bed, took his shoes off and layed down next to Carly and they began to kiss. Carly put her arms around Matt as she prepared for Matt to take advantage of Carly’s offer.

Matt stopped kissing Carly,  looked into her eyes and said “Carly, I want you but I want us to do things right, let’s wait a while until we are really sure that we want to do this” Matt said as he stroked Carly’s face. Matt buttoned up Carlys’ blouse, she looked a bit disappointed but it was for the best. Before he can go any further with his relationship with Carly, he has to tell her the truth.

Carly was a bit disappointed that Matt didn’t want to be intimate but he respected her and wanted their relationship to last. She smiled to herself and thought “Maybe the  women in this family are not unlucky in love after all” as Matt held onto her tight and they soon fell asleep.

I hope you are still enjoying :)

Chapter 23

“The City” Australia

Rebecca held onto Steve as she cried, frustrated that she made things worse for her sister by getting angry at Frank

“Bobby hates me now” Rebecca said, face full of tears

“No she doesn’t hate you, I think she will understand that you were being supportive” Steve said

“I really hate Frank, I hate him so much, why did he hurt her?” Rebecca said

Steve lifted Rebecca’s face up and wiped tears from her face then said “When am I going to see you again?”

“I don’t know if you want to see me again after tonight” Rebecca said

“Of course I do” Steve said as he smiled and hugged

‘I have to go” Rebecca said as she kissed Steve once more and got into her car “call me”

“I will” Steve said as he watched Rebecca drive away

Bobby sat on Narelle’s bed, she felt numb, this feeling felt familiar, Bobby thought back to the time she thought Frank had died in a fire at their marital home, a flat behind the general store.  Those short hours when she thought Frank had gone, she stopped existing, like nothing mattered anymore, half of her being had gone and was never coming back. That is how Bobby felt in the current moment, nothing Frank can say would hurt her anymore because half of her had died, the day he left her.

“Bobby are you ok?” Narelle said as she opened the door

“I ‘ll be ok Narelle” Bobby said as she tried her best to smile for her friend

“I cant believe Frank said all that, I am mad at him” Narelle said disappointed with her friend

“Don’t be mad at Frank, he was just telling the truth but” Bobby said “Anyway, it doesn’t matter anymore, I will be starting a new life with Danny soon, away somewhere, maybe things will be better” Bobby said as she sighed

“Oh Bobby, I just want you to be happy” Narelle said.

“I don’t think I ever will be Narelle” Bobby said

The two friends hugged then Narelle  left Bobby in the room, lost in her own thoughts

“That was really mean Frank, why did you do that?” Narelle said as she walked into the living room

“Me? Rebecca started it, obviously Bobby has been talking bad about me  that is why she invited her over here to give me a serve” Frank said as he cleared the table

“Frank, Bobby has never said anything bad about you, she doesn’t even talk about you, all she does is cry” Narelle said “Just go easy on her until you leave, please”  Narelle said. Frank didn’t respond

Steve opened the door, came in and close the door behind him

“How is Rebecca” Narelle said

“She’s still upset. Frank you were out of line” Steve said

“Not your business Steve, get your stuff lets get going soon” Frank said as he walked into the kitchen with the plates “Great, just a waste of money” Frank thought as he looked down at the half eaten food on the plates put them in the sink and began to wash the dishes

“Don’t worry about that, just get on the road back to Summer Bay” Narelle said as she walked into the kitchen

“Are we still friends?” Frank said as he wiped his hands on a towel

Narelle exhaled “Of course we are Frank, just because I am angry about what you did to Bobby doesn’t mean I don’t care about you”

“Thanks Narelle, I really need a friend right now” Frank said as the two friends hugged “I guess we need to get going” Frank said as he left the kitchen went to the bedroom knocked once and opened the door

“Let’s go” Frank said to Bobby, she looked up at him sighed and got up

In the living room, Steve picked his bag and hugged Narelle “ Thank you for everything" to which Narelle smiled then he headed for the door

Bobby put on her jacket then picked up her bag and stood in front of Narelle

“Sorry about everything” Bobby said

“Don’t be sorry, that’s what friends are for” Narelle said as they hugged “ Try and be happy “ Narelle whispered into Bobby’s ears as they separated, Bobby half smiled at Narelle and headed for the door

Frank was the last to leave “Be happy in New York, I wish you and Roo all the happiness in the world. Wish the same for Bobby”  Narelle said as she hugged her friend

“Bye Narelle” Frank said as they separated and he headed for the door

Steve, Frank and Bobby drove in silence as they made their way back to Summer Bay. Steve sitting next to Frank , thinking about the return to Summer Bay, back to school but most importantly he was happy that he was going to see Pippa soon.

Bobby sat in the back, still numb, looked out of the window and thought about the plans she had to make to leave as soon as possible with Danny.

The drive back gave Frank time to think, he was regretting the decision to come to Summer Bay but he would be home soon, back to his wife who he loved and wanted to spend the rest of his life with…..

Frank slowed the car down as they arrived outside Donald Fisher’s house, Steve was asleep, Bobby proceeded to get out .

“We are going to see Pippa as a family tomorrow at 11 and family meeting at 9:30” Bobby didn’t respond, she shut the car door and made her way to the front door. Frank watched her as she opened the door then he drove home.

Bobby closed the door quietly, she wasn’t in the mood to speak to her father, she quietly made her way to her bedroom shut the door and laid on her bed, not sleeping just staring at the ceiling.

Frank pulled up at their house, nudged Steve “Oh we are here already” Steve said as he rubbed his eyes

“Yeah, I am staying in the van" Frank said as he got out of the van. Family meeting tomorrow at 9:30 then we are going to see Pippa as a family at 11” Frank said as he closed and locked the car

“Ok, night” Steve said as he walked towards the front door and Frank walked towards the van.

Steve put his key in the door and slowly opened it. Being in the house felt weird, he looked at the floor, remembered seeing Pippa lying there, not moving. He slowly walked towards the stairs and headed for his room

“Frank tossed his key on the table as he closed the van door behind him. He took his jacket off and pulled out the bed. He rustled some sheets around then lay on the bed staring up at the ceiling of the van. His mind drifted to the conversation he had with Brett Macklin about Bobby then drifted into asleep.

Beach- Summer Bay

Donald jogged in the direction of Ailsa as he saw her with Duncan on the beach. “Good Morning Ailsa” Donald said as he caught up to Ailsa

“getting the heart pumping this morning” Ailsa said as she teased Donald “ ah yes” Donald said “Bobby came home early this morning”

“Oh really? I didn’t expect her to be back so soon” Ailsa said “I went to see Danny Farnsworth” Donald said as he looked at Ailsa “We had a chat, he came back to take Bobby with him because he wants to make a life with her and I really think he wants to make her happy”  Donald said

“Well I am not sure Donald, especially with his issues” Ailsa said

“He assured me that he has everything under control. He really cares about her, I don’t think this opportunity will come again for Bobby, I really think this is what is best for her” Donald said

“I do think she needs to get away from Summer Bay, maybe she will have some quality of life if she is away from all the memories” Ailsa said

Donald smiled to himself, his plan is working, hopefully Bobby will be gone soon.

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Carly opened her eyes and looked at the clock 8:45am “ Oh no, Matt, Matt wake up” Carly said as she gently shook Matt to wake him up “Matt its 8:45am”

Matt opened one eye then groaned, he was already late for work, Ailsa was going to kill him.

“Ailsa is going to kill me, I am going to be late for work. I better rush home, have a shower and get there as fast as I can” Matt said as he put his shirt on

“Do you have some time to properly say good morning” Carly said as she walked over to Matt

Matt put his arms around Carly and they kissed “Good morning” Matt said then he winked and rushed to the door. Matt shut the door slowly, when he turned around he came face to face with Steve who smiled  then said “Morning”

“Steve, mate, glad to see you, when did you get back? Frank and I went looking for you the other night”

“I got back this morning with Frank and Bobby, when did you get back?” Steve  said

“A few days ago but listen I am so late for work, I better run, talk to you later” Matt said as he jogged down the stairs

“You better go out the front way, Frank is in a van and floss and Sal are in the kitchen” Steve said

“Thanks” Matt said as he followed Steve’s instructions

Manhattan- New York

Roo spread her suitcase open, she had to pack for Los Angeles, she was soo excited

“Phone Ringing”

“Hello” Roo said as she answered the phone

“Hey, its me” Frank said

“Oh hi Frank, how are you?” Roo said

“Good, how are you, how is work?” Frank said

“Oh good, guess what I am going to Los Angeles with Nancy, she wants me to work on a PR campign with a top client, isn’t that great?” Roo said as she sounded excited

“Los Angeles?  I thought we were supposed to explore the US together” Frank said

“I know but this opportunity came up, Nancy’s client is paying for everything, we are only going for one night, Monday to Tuesday. I called yesterday, Floss said you were out” Roo said

“Yeah, I went into the city to pick up a file transfer from the office there. Hey guess who I saw” Frank  said “Brett”

“Brett? When did he get back in town?” Roo said surprised. Brett Macklin, a name she hadn’t heard for a while, even thougth they hadn’t seen each other, they would forever be connected because they have a daughter

“ He said he got back a month after we left, he was wishing us well and everything. I Saw Narelle as well, she asked about you” Frank said

“Really? I thought she hated  my guts and was on Team Bobby” Roo said sarcastically

“Just leave it ok” Frank said

“Ok, I am sorry” Roo said “ I was just in the middle of packing when you called, I am really excited about this trip”

“Are you not going to ask about Pippa?” Frank said annoyed

“Yes, sorry, how is Pippa?” Roo said feeling guilty

“Forget it” Frank said

“ I am sorry Frank, how is she doing?” Roo said

“Better, we are going to see her as a family later” Frank said

“So how is Summer Bay, how is everybody” Roo said

“You mean how is Bobby?” Frank said, knowing his wife

“She’s ok I guess, she will be coming over later for a family meeting”

“You do love me Frank, don’t you” Roo said

“I married you didn’t I” Frank said annoyed

“But you married Bobby too” Roo said

“Look I got to go, enjoy Los Angeles, call me when you get back” Frank said then he put the phone down

Roo held onto the receiver. She thought to herself, was she jealous of Bobby Simpson? What a joke, Frank will always be wrapped around her little finger, She smiled to herself and went back to packing for Los Angeles.

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“Knock at the door”

Danny opened his van door to see Bobby smiling at him.

“Hey “ he said as he stepped out of the van and kissed her

“I didn’t expect you to be back so soon” Danny said

“Change of plan, we have a family thing, I had to come back” Bobby said as Danny hugged her

“Well I am glad that you are back. Did you think about what I asked you?” Danny said as he kissed Bobby on her forehead

“Yes, I will go with you” Bobby said as she looked at Danny

“Thank you” Danny said as he hugged Bobby tighter.

At that moment Frank came walking towards his van

“Good Morning” Danny said as Frank walked to his van. Frank looked at Bobby and Danny with disgust and went into his van.

A few moments later Frank came out shut and locked the van

He looked at Bobby “Family meeting, lets go” Frank said as he stood and waited for Bobby and Danny to say goodbye

“Will I see you later?” Danny said as Bobby released herself from his arms

“Yes, it will have to be in the afternoon, we have some family stuff” Bobby said

“Ok, Ill miss you until then” Danny said as he kissed Bobby’s head. Frank rolled his eyes and began walking towards the house, Bobby not far behind him

Frank walked into the house, Floss, Nev Carly, Christopher, Sally and Steve where setting the table for breakfast

“I know you want to have your meeting love, so Nev and I will leave you to it” Floss said

“No Floss, you and Nev please stay. Thank you for all you have done for us,” Frank said as Floss squeezed his arm

“Oh hello Bobby love” Floss said as Bobby came through the door. Bobby smiled

“Bobby!” Sally said a she saw Bobby and ran and gave her a hug

“Hello squirt’ Bobby said as she hugged her little sister

“Ok lets start” Frank said as he sat at the head of the table, Sally to his left, holding his hand and Carly to his right. Everyone else took their place

“Before we start, I have an announcement to make” Bobby said looking at Frank

“ Danny asked me to travel around Australia with him and I said yes. I have a few things to sort out then we will be leaving as soon as I can get away. I am not sure how long I will be away for but the change will be good”

Silence

Frank looked at Bobby with an angry look on his face

“Are you serious?” Carly said “I cant believe you”

“Yes I am serious” Bobby said

“Bobby you cant go” Sally said

“Sal, I want to go” Bobby said

“But you cant go, Frank is here now, you cant go, please don’t go” Sally said

“I have to go Sal, we will keep in touch, maybe you can come and visit” Bobby said as she got up to go and comfort Sally

Sally shrugged away from Bobby “I hate you Bobby, I hate you, why are you leaving us, I hate you”  Sally ran outside

Bobby put her head down. “ Its alright love, she will calm down” Floss said as got up to go and comfort Bobby "be happy love” Bobby looked at Floss and smiled

“Scream”

Frank, Bobby, Carly, Steve ran outside when they heard Sally screaming.  Danny was standing in front of Sally

“What happened Sal?” Frank said as he bent down. Sally didn’t respond, she cried into Frank’s neck. Frank pulled her arms away and moved her over to Steve. Sally held on tight to him

“Listen I don’t know what is going on here” Frank said

“There is nothing going on here, I didn’t do anything to her” Danny said

“Well you must be doing something, she is scared anytime you are around” Frank said angrily

“Frank” Bobby said

“Stay out of this” Frank pointed and shouted towards Bobby

“I am not doing anything to her, I like Sal” Danny said as he attempted to walk towards her

“Hey” Frank pushed him back “ Stay away from her” Frank said

“Who, Bobby or Sally?”

“STAY AWAY! DON’T LET ME TELL YOU AGAIN” Frank said

“Let’s go” Frank said as Carly, Sally and Steve walked towards the house

Bobby stood looking at Danny ”What is going on Danny?” Bobby said as she put her arm around his waist.

Frank stopped and turned around

"Let's go" he said looking at Bobby

Both Danny and Frank stood waiting for Bobby to make a decision 

Thanks for reading :)

Chapter 24

“The City” Australia

Barbara looked up from her breakfast to see her daughter pushing the fork around the plate and not eating

“You're  not hungry?” Barbara said,

Rebecca didn’t respond

“You have been quiet all morning, did something happen last night? Barbara said concerned

“ I am going to Summer Bay, ill be back tomorrow” Rebecca said as she got up from the table and went to her room

Barbara looked at Rebecca as she walked away wondering what is going on

Caravan park Summer Bay

“Well?” Frank said as he stood angry that Bobby was taking long to make a decision

Bobby kissed Danny “We have a family meeting now, I am sorry, then we are going to see Pippa so maybe Ill come around when I get back? Bobby said

“We are going to be our own family soon” Danny said as hugged Bobby and smiled at Frank. The sight was annoying him to the point that he wanted to go over to Danny and punch him straight in the mouth.

“Ill see you later” Bobby said as she released herself from Danny and walked towards the house. When Bobby was a little in the distance Danny said “I love you Bobby” and smiled at Frank who was boiling mad right now then he walked away

When he got back into the house, Frank again took his seat at the head of the table, everyone else sat where they were before.

“I want to tell Pippa about my news so please nobody say anything when we get to the hospital” Bobby said

“Whatever” Frank responded “I wanted us to have a meeting about Pippa. I will let her tell you what is going on with her but she is going to need a lot of support when she comes home, hopefully in the next day or two. Ill be leaving in two weeks so I will do what I can but we need to make things easier for her so make sure you are all doing your chores, stay out of trouble in school and just don’t give Pippa anything extra to worry about or Ill have your guts…understand?” Frank said

The Fletcher children nodded in unison.

“I can move back in for a few days, help around before I go” Bobby said

“No thanks” Frank said as he got up. Everyone else at the table was surprised and didn’t know what to say

Bobby sighed and put her head down

“ Floss do you mind if we just go and see Pippa now?” Frank said

“Of course not lovey,  Nev and I will be waiting here with Christopher when you get back” Floss said

“I want to take him too” Frank said, Floss smiled

“Let’s get going, Sal, Steve you come with me, Carly, you go with Bobby. Im stopping by Alfs store to get Pippa some flowers” Frank said as he picked up Christopher from his chair

Carly looked at Bobby then made her way out the door, Nev went out  after Carly to see them off

“Are you ok love?” Floss said as she walked over to Bobby

Bobby didn’t respond, she felt like if she said anything she was going to start crying  so she walked out the door to her car where Carly was waiting.

Floss walked over to the door as she watched the Fletcher children prepare to leave to see their Matriach.

“Forever entwined” she said, shook her head and went inside

Bayside Diner-Summer Bay

“Hey its me” Matt said into the phone “Sorry I haven’t called, was getting settled and stuff….not sure when I can get away…no you don’t need to come here, I will come up as soon as I get some time, very busy at work…..maybe next weekend I am not sure…..listen I got to go…..yeah me too…bye” Matt said as he put the phone down

“Sorry about this morning Ailsa” Matt said as Ailsa came through the door “Frank asked me to stay at the Fletcher house last night because he was in the city and I over slept”

Ailsa wasn’t impressed but Matt is a hard worker so she didt give him too much grief “Ok, just make sure it doesn’t happen again, good thing I had Lance helping me this morning” Ailsa said as Lance came out of the kitchen

“Mrs S, I organized the fridge, put everything in alphabetical order” Lance said looking very pleased with himself

Ailsa and Matt just looked at each other

General Store- Summer Bay

“Right, I wont be long’ Frank said as he parked the car outside the store got out and shut the door

This would be the first time Frank would be seeing his father in law since he arrived back to Summer Bay. He exhaled then opened the store door and walked in

Alf turned around as he heard the door open . “G’day Alf” Frank said as he walked towards the counter

“Frank” Alf said as he turned back to continue what he was doing.

Frank walked over to the flowers, picked a nice mixed bouquet and walked back to the counter

“Just these thanks” Frank said as he put the flowers on the counter and put his hand in his pocket to get his wallet

“Who are these for? Alf said as he gave Frank a stern look

“Excuse me?” Frank said baffled by the question

“You heard me” Alf said

“Not that it is any of your business but these are for Pippa, we are going to see her as a family” Frank said as he handed some money to Alf

“So how long are you staying in Summer Bay” Alf said as he took the money from Frank

“Two weeks” Frank responded, getting annoyed

“That’s a long time for a man with a wife and job in another country” Alf said as he put his hand on his hip

“My family need me, that is why I am here” Frank said

“Don’t forget, Ruthy is your family now” Alf

“Alf is there something you want to say to me?” Frank said

“Just remember the conversation we had in New York” Alf said

Frank looked at him and walked out

“Bobby are you sure you really want to leave with Danny?” Carly said as Bobby followed Franks car to the hospital

“Carly, what is here for me in Summer Bay? Memories of parents who hated me, memories of a mother who gave me away, memories of a bad marriage. There is no life for me here, at least with Danny I get to start somewhere new” Bobby said

“Do you love him?” Carly asked

Bobby paused then said “Right now I don’t love him but that can change. He is the first guy who really likes me and treats me with respect. How can I eventually not fall in love with that?”

“But he is like…you know….not well”  Carly said

“Around me he is fine. I need to go Carly” Bobby said

“Sounds like you have made a decision, I wont change your mind. I know I have said this already but I am really sorry that you and Frank didn’t work out, I used to be jealous seeing the two of you together because you were so much in love” Carly said

“Well I was anyway” Bobby said

“Sorry” Carly said and put her heard down

“Nothing to be sorry about, I was in love, he wasn’t, he is in love now and that’s it” Bobby said as she drove into a parking space, stopped the car and got out

Carly followed. She felt bad for even bringing up the subject but she did hope that one day Bobby will get back that same sparkle in her eyes when she was with Frank

General Hospital –Summer Bay

“Ok you stay out here, let me go in and talk to Pippa and Ill convince her to see you” Frank said

“Ok” the Fletcher children sad unanimously

Frank walked down the corridor to Pippa’s room, knocked and opened the door

“Hi” Frank said as he pushed the door open and entered the room

“Frank” Pippa said and she put her hands out for Frank to hug her

“You look great, when can you come home?” Frank said

“Well the Dr said maybe Monday, I told him that my son is here and everything is going to be alright” Pippa said

“Yes it will, are you up for some other visitors?” Frank said

“Frank did you tell them?” Pippa said

“No we had a meeting this morning and I told them that you would tell them in your own time but they really want to see you” Frank said

“Ok, I have really missed Sally, Carly and Christopher” Pippa said

“oh you have a few more visitors, ill go and get them” Frank said as he walked towards the door, opened it and let himself out

“Tom our children are here” Pippa said as she smiled in the direction of the empty chair next to her bed

As she turned back, the door was opening, Frank walked in then Sally, then Carly then Bobby and Steve

Pippa started crying, she was soo overjoyed, she hadn’t seen all her children together in a long time she hugged and kissed each of them as the Fletcher family strengthened their bond

Bayside Diner

“Hello Mrs Stewart” Danny said as he walked up to the counter

“Hello Danny, what can I get you” Ailsa said

“Just a coffee please and some toast, I don’t want too much, I want to take Bobby out for lunch later” Danny said  

“Have a seat, Ill bring it over” Ailsa said

“Thank you” Danny said as he walked over to a booth as Donald was coming into the Diner. Instead of going to the counter he went and sat opposite Danny

“Well” Donald said

“Well what ?” Danny said

“Have you seen Bobby? She is back” Donald said

“Yes, she came over this morning, she has agreed to go with me” Danny said

“Good, when are you leaving?” Donald said

“Well we didn’t talk about that , Frank ordered her into the house for a family meeting” Danny sid

“When are you seeing her?” Donald said

“Later this afternoon, she said they have some family things they need to do” Danny said. Just as Donald was about to say something, he was interrupted

“Hello Dad” Rebecca said

“Ok, I think its time for us to go, let Pippa have some rest” Frank said

“I am fine” Pippa protested

“No, time for you to get some rest, we want you home by Monday” Frank said the last couple of hours felt like old times, all the family just laughing and enjoying each other, forgetting everything that had happened earlier and the last few days. “I wish it was like this all the time” Frank thought to himself

“Carly can you squeeze in the other car, I want to talk to Pippa” Bobby said

“Oh Bobby, I am going to be squashed in the back next to sally and Chris’ car seat “ Carly said

“You will survive” Bobby said as she half smiled at Carly

Bobby went over and sat in the empty chair as everyone else said their goodbyes to Pippa. Then they were finally alone.

“Hi, its been a while” Pippa said as she smiled at her daughter

“Bobby was “baby number 6,” Pippa thought to herself, the first foster child her and Tom fostered when they arrived in Summer Bay. She had been through so much but through love and care, her and Tom were able to steer her back on the right path. She hadn’t seen much of Bobby in the past year, not as much as she used to but that was understandable, Bobby  found out that Donald Fisher was her natural father and choose to live with and build a relationship with. As a foster parent you are not suppose to be offended if the children you foster want to go back to their parents but that didn’t stop it from hurting because Pippa felt that there were other reasons why Bobby stayed away.

“Yeah, it has” Bobby said

Pippa patted the side of her bed and Bobby got up and went to sit there

“How are you?” Pippa said as she stroked Bobby’s arm. Bobby didn’t respond

“ I wanted you to hear it from me, I am leaving Summer Bay” Bobby said as she played with the corner of the blanket on Pippa’s bed. “You remember Danny? Well he is back and he has asked me to leave with him and I am going to go” Bobby said

“Ok, sounds sudden” Pippa said “When are you going?”

“In the next few days” Bobby said not looking at Pippa

“That is really sudden, do you know where you are going?” Pippa said

“No, not yet, probably travel around Australia for a bit and then find somewhere to settle?” Bobby said

“Bobby is there something else wrong” Pippa said

Bobby couldn’t hold it in anymore

“Oh Pippa” she said as she burst into tears and hugged onto Pippas waist and cried into her lap. Pippa knew her daughter was hurting but she had distanced herself and she didn’t know how to help her

“Its ok sweatheart, just cry “ Pippa said as she comforted her crying daughter and stroked her hair

“Pippa I need to leave here, so many bad memories, I am so unhappy, I feel so alone ” Bobby said as she sat up and wiped her face with her top

“I know the last year has been hard for you, I am sorry that you felt that you were alone, Tom and I were always there for you” Pippa said

“I know but I felt like you took sides” Bobby said

“Sides in what?” Pippa said confused

“Between me and Frank” Bobby said

“Why would you think that? You are both our children” Pippa said

“It doesn’t matter now anyway” Bobby said

“It does matter, I never want you to think that we would’ve ever chosen between our children” Pippa said “This decision to leave with Danny, has nothing to do with Frank being back does it?”

“No, it something I need to do” Bobby said

“Why?” Pippa said

“I just need to that’s why” Bobby said as she got off the bed and walked over to the window

“I want to say something, please  come and sit and hear me out” Pippa said

“What is it?” Bobby said as she walked back over to the bed and sat down

“I know how much you love Frank, I remember the first time I noticed that you were in love with him, that dance at the church hall, you remember?  I watched as the two of you danced as if you were in your own little world. Tom and I were really hoping that you were going to make it and my heart broke that it didn’t.  I can imagine seeing him after all this time, brings back all the pain of the way things ended” Pippa said,

“That’s just it Pippa, the pain never went away, I don’t think it will ever go away and being in Summer bay with all these bad memories is not going to help” Bobby said as she began crying again “My heart is broken Pippa, this hurts more than finding out that I was adopted. I went to the city to Narelles, Frank turned up there yesterday, we had Rebecca over and he told her that I was and never will be good enough for him” Bobby said

Pippa was very shocked to hear this

“I gave up my dreams because I thought we had a future and  he said in front of me that I was never good enough for him”  Bobby cried into Pippa’s lap

“Im sorry Bobby, I wish there is something I can say to take this pain away, I am sorry that you felt you couldn’t come and talk to us” Pippa said feeling helpless

“There is nothing that you can say, I need to leave” Bobby said as she sat up

“Do you love Danny?” Pippa said

“No but he really cares for me enough to ask me to go with him and right now that is enough for me. I dont think I can ever allow myself to love a man the way I love Frank, I just don’t want to hurt anymore” Bobby said

“Well you have made up your mind and if this is really what you want, I support you. I know you cant see it now, but you will love again, maybe being away from Sumer Bay will help. Go, try and be happy. I love you my Roberta” Pippa said as she touched Bobby’s face

“I love you Pippa” Bobby said and hugged her mum again

Local Church Summer Bay

Frank pulled up and parked the car. This church held a lot of memories for him, here is where he almost married Roo, here is where she told him he wasn’t the father of the baby she was carrying. Here is where he married Bobby. Frank got out of the car and walked over to the entrance of the gravesite. As he walked along, he looked out for one particular spot, he walked for what seemed like forever but he eventually found the headstone he was looking for

“ Thomas Edward Fletcher, beloved Husband, Father, Son and Friend”

Frank stared at the headstone then an overwhelming feeling came over him and he began to cry

“Tom, I really wish that you were here, I need you right now. I have made such a mess of things, what do I do Tom?, what do I do?” Frank said as he sat next to the headstone and cried out to his father.

Chapter 25

Bayside Diner

“Rebecca what are you doing here?” Donald said as he got up and hugged his daughter

“I just wanted to see Bobby, is she here? Rebecca said

“No, she is going to see Pippa at the hospital. By the way, I am Danny, Bobby’s Fiance” Danny said as he put his hand out for Rebecca to shake

Donald and Rebecca looked at each other surprise

Rebecca put her hand out and shook Danny’s  hand “Wow, Fiance? I didn’t know…congratulations I guess, I'm Rebecca, Bobby's sister” Rebecca said as she smiled in a shocked way. “Do you know what time Bobby will be back, we need to plan an engagement party” Rebecca said

“She will be coming over to my place later this afternoon, I am staying at the caravan park” Danny said

“Well I will see here there, I will be going over there to see someone” Rebecca said as Donald grimaced. “So  Dad, are you going to buy me some lunch?” Rebecca said

General Hospital-Summer Bay

“Thank you Doctor” Pippa said as the Doctor walked towards the door and let himself out

“That’s great news Pippa, you can come home” Bobby said

“Yes, I do think its time for me to come home” Pippa said ‘ I suppose I should tell you the reason why I am here, I was very selfish and took more pills than I needed to, I wasn’t trying to kill myself,  I didn t know what I was doing, I was missing Tom so much, I didn’t think I could cope without him” Pippa said

Bobby held Pippa’s hand “You are strong Pippa, you will be alright. You had a bit of a rough time, you needed to take some time out to fix yourself and figure things out” Bobby said

“Do you hate me for what I did?” Pippa said

“Never” Bobby said as she smiled

“You will be ok too” Pippa said

“No” Bobby said and shook her head  “I wont but I just have to get on with my life, nothing else I can do” Bobby said as she wiped the tear rolling down her cheek

“Hi” Frank said as he opened the door

“Bobby let go of Pippa’s hand and turned away to look at the window. Pippa noticed what Bobby did

“Two visits in one day, I am really lucky” Pippa said as she smiled at Frank

Bobby wiped her face again “I better get going” Bobby said as she got up off the bed

“You don’t have to go yet” Pippa said

“Yes she does” Frank said as walked over to the chair and sat down . Pippa was very shocked to hear that

“So Monday, I can pick you up if you like” Bobby said

“No, I will do that” Frank said

“Frank” Pippa said

Bobby sighed then said  “ill come by tomorrow and see you” Bobby hugged Pippa

“Stay away” Frank said

“Frank, stop” Pippa said

“Bye Pippa” Bobby said as she walked towards the door and walked out

“Frank Jonathan Morgan, you better start talking right now” Pippa said as she looked at Frank with a very angry look

General Store- Summer Bay

“Hello Mr Stewart, can I please have a box of chocolates” Danny said as he approached the counter

“G’day Danny, nice to see you back in town” Alf said as he walked over to the chocolates section “Buying these for anyone special” Alf said as he reached for the most expensive box of chocolates on shelf

“Yes, I wanted to get something nice for Bobby” Danny said as he smiled and followed Alf as he walked back to the counter

“Aaah, that’s nice, so you and Bobby are getting on well then?” Alf said

“Yes, I came back in town for her, hopefully we will get married soon” Danny said as he took some money out of his pocket

“That’s nice, Bobby has been through a hard time, it will be nice to see her happy and married again” Alf said

“Yes, I hope I can erase some of her hurt and make her happy, how much do I owe you?” Danny said

“Nothing, since these are for Bobby” Alf said

“Thank you Mr Stewart” Danny said as he watched Alf wrap the chocolates in some coloured paper and tie a ribbon around it

“That’s great Mr Stewart, thank you, ill tell Bobby about your kindness” Danny said

“No, no don’t do that, its your gift to her” Alf said as he handed the wrapped chocolate box to Danny

“Thank you, see you again” Danny said as he walked towards the door and let himself out

“Finally this nonsense is over” Alf said to himself. He walked to the backroom, opened a draw and took out a photo of Roo “He is all yours now love” Alf said as he smiled and remembered how beautiful his daughter was on her recent wedding day.

“I went to Tom’s grave, I just wanted to be near him” Frank ssid

“Frank, why did you treat Bobby like that?” Pippa said

“She deserves it”  Frank said

“Frank,, what could she have possibly done for you to treat her the way you just did?” Pippa said

Frank didn’t respond

“Frank” Pippa said

“I still love her…I never stopped loving her” Frank said, finally saying it out loud and admitting it to himself

“Oh Frank” Pippa said

“Pippa I don’t know what to do, please tell me what to do” Frank said as he got up walked towards the bed and cried in his mums lap

Pippa stroked Frank’s hair and looked at the ceiling, she already knew what Frank was telling her.

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Bobby opened the door and let herself in, Floss was sitting on the couch knitting

“Hey Floss, Pippa is definitely coming home on Monday” Bobby said as she walked over to the couch and sat down.

“That’s great news, I was thinking we should have a dinner or something for her on Monday, want can we cook?” Bobby said

Floss put her knitting needles down on her lap “Bobby love, Frank has already got something planned” Floss said

Bobby sighed “Ok”

Sally came into the room

“Hey Sal great news that Pippa is coming home on Monday right?” Bobby said trying to  make up after what happened this morning

Sally didn’t respond

“Floss can I have a drink please” Sally said as she walked towards the kitchen

“Course lovey” Floss responded

“Sal?” Bobby said as she got up and walked towards Sally

“Sally took a box of juice out of the fridge, closed the door, walked around Bobby and went back upstairs

“Give her some time love, she will come around” Floss said as she watched Bobby walk towards the door

Bobby sighed as she opened the door and left

“Knock at the door”

Danny opened his door to see Bobby standing there

“Can we leave on Monday? Bobby said

Chapter 26

Bayside Diner

“The sandwich was great Dad, thanks” Rebecca said as she wiped her mouth with a napkin

“Yes the food here is good” Donald said after he swallowed his last bite of sandwich “How long are you staying?” Donald said as he reached into his back pocket to get his wallet

“I am going home tomorrow” Rebecca  said as she smiled “Ill go and pay” Rebecca said as she put her hand out waiting for Donald to give her some money.

“Hey” Carly said to Matt as she walked up to the counter

“Hello” Matt said as he smiled

“I hope you didn’t get into too much trouble with Ailsa” Carly said concerned

“She forgave me” Matt said as he smiled

“I was just going over to the store and wanted to check that you still had a job. Do you want to come over tonight?” Carly said

“How about we go out tonight instead?” Matt Said

“Sure” Carly said smiling

“Ok, Ill pick you up at your place around 8?”  Matt said

“Ok, ill be waiting” Carly said as she turned to leave she almost bumped into Rebecca

“Oops sorry Rebecca, how are you, I didn’t know that you are town” Carly said

“Hi Carly, yes I am just here until tomorrow . We have to get together and plan Bobby’s engagement party” Rebecca said

“What are you talking about?” Carly said confused

“I met Danny, he introduced himself as Bobby’s fiancé” Rebecca said as she shrugged her shoulders

“That’s the first I am hearing about it” Carly said confused  “ Anyway, I will see you later. Should I tell Steve that you are in town?” Carly said

“No I want to surprise him” Rebecca said smiling

“”Ok” Carly said smiling “I will see you. See you tonight Matt” Carly said as she walked towards the door and left

“I guess I wont be the only one with surprises” Rebecca said as she looked at Matt

“What?” Matt said

“I didn’t know that you were back to Summer Bay….and..... you are seeing Carly tonight…what a surprise” Rebecca said

“Look,  this has nothing to do with you, mind your own business and keep your mouth shut...we all have secrets don't we?” Matt said as he snatched the money from Rebecca

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Bobby could hear the sounds of Danny’s voice but she couldn’t hear what he was saying, she just smiled, giving the impression that she was present in the conversation. The sooner she left Summer Bay the better.

“Oh I got these for you” Danny said loud enough to bring Bobby to the present and giving her the wrapped box

“You shouldn’t have, we need all the money we can get if we are going to be leaving” Bobby said as she took the box from Danny’s hand

“I wanted to get you something nice, sort of a gift to celebrate you accept my proposal of moving away” Danny said as he smiled

Bobby slowly removed the ribbon and ripped the corners of the coloured paper, careful not to ruin the nicely wrapped package, she slowly removed the box then sighed and shook her head. Frank often brought her the same box of chocolates any time he wanted to make up for working long hours and being home late.

“Don’t you like them?” Danny said confused

“I do Danny, thank you” Bobby said as she smiled and gave Danny a hug trying hard not to let the tear forming in her eye drop

“Bobby”  Danny said as he removed himself Bobby’s embrace “You know how I feel about you and…..I know it’s really soon but I want to marry you, what do you say?”

“You must think I am such an idot” Frank said as he took the tissue that Pippa gave him to wipe his wet face

“No, Frank I don’t think that at all” Pippa said as she stroked his arm as he moved further back on the bed so he can sit up

“So what do you think” Frank said as he ran his hands through his hair

“I don’t think anything other than it hurts me to see you unhappy and crying” Pippa said

Frank didn’t respond

“I know you and Tom never approved of me and Roo getting married that is why you never came to the wedding…you were both still mad about what happed with Bobby”  Frank said

“Frank, that wasn’t the reason at all, you know that and from the sounds of it, you didn’t really want us there anyway..besides,  Alf and Ailsa were there” Pippa said

“Is that what you think? That I wouldn’t want my parents at my wedding?” Frank said almost crying again

“I guess we both made assumptions….. I am sorry Frank” Pippa said as she reached for Franks hand

“What do I do Pippa?” Frank said

“Frank I cant tell you what to do, you made a decision and..” before Pippa could finished Frank said

“yeah yeah yeah  I know, I made a decision to leave Bobby and Summer Bay and need to stick to it. Narelle said the same last night” Frank said

“Well if two people are saying the same thing then maybe it must be true?” Pippa said

Frank  didn’t respond

“Well it doesn’t matter anymore anyway, Bobby is leaving with that creep Danny anyway and the sooner the better, I cant stand to see them” Frank said

“Frank, Bobby isn’t leaving because she wants to, she is leaving because she has to. The last year has been absolutely horrible for her, being in a place where she is constantly reminded of events that make her unhappy. She told me what you said last night to Rebecca, that was very mean Frank”

“Pippa if I hate her, it helps me forget how much I love her” Frank said

“Maybe you are feeling this way because you are in Summer Bay, I am sure when you get back to New York and see Roo, you will remember all the reasons why you married her and will get on with your life” Pippa said

Frank didn’t respond

“How is Roo, you have not told me much about her or how your job is in New York” Pipp said

“Shes fine, she got a job last  month at a PR agency, she is really enjoying it” Frank said

“That’s good, how is your job going?” Pippa asked

“Going Ok” Frank said

“ I am ok now, Ill be home on Monday, maybe you should head home on Tuesday or something” Pippa said

“So you want me to go?” Frank said

“No its not that but I don’t want you to be in Summer Bay upset” Pippa said

“What you really mean is you don’t want me to upset poor Bobby” Frank said as he got up off the bed and walked over to the window

“Frank, that is not what I mean.  I love you both, you are both hurting..” before Pippa could finish Frank said

“Did Bobby say something to you? Frank said looking at Pippa

Pippa didn’t respond

“Pippa what did she say” Frank said

“Frank what difference does it make…being around each other isn’t helping. ….Then there is Roo to think about” Pippa said

“What about her?” Frank said

“She is your wife” Pippa said

“I know that”  Frank said

“you made your choice, you have to let the past go and move forward” Pippa said

“I lied” Frank said

“What?” Pippa said

“I lied” Frank said again

“lied about what?” Pippa said

“About why I left Bobby” Frank said

“Ok, what was the lie?” Pippa said

“I didn’t leave her because I was on the rebound, I left her because I felt that she wouldn’t fit into where I was going with my career, you remember what happened at the Dinner with the Investors, when things were going great for me at Macklin’s  we were on two different paths, she wasn’t an executives wife…it was never about me not loving her, I guess I fell for Roo again because it was convenient, she looked the part and behaved the way she should” Frank said feeling ashamed of himself for what he said

“Pippa I loved Bobby before I even knew it, how does that go away? It took me almost a year to send the divorce papers because I just wanted to forget and not have to face it” Frank said as he sat back down on the chair

“I guess it doesn’t go away but the feelings you have for Roo were obviously strong enough to tuck those feelings you had for Bobby away” Pippa said

“I really hurt her didn’t I? Frank said

Pippa nodded

“She wouldn’t talk to me until I forced her talk to me at Narelle’s”  Frank said

“What did you expect? When Bobby came here earlier, I was telling her that  I remember the first time I noticed that she was in love with you, that dance at the church hall, you remember?  The one where I sang with your group?”

Frank smiled then said “Yes, I remember”

“ I watched as the two of you danced, danced as if you were in your own little world.  You were looking at each other as if you had been in love your whole lives…. It feels like a lifetime ago because now you have moved on…let her move on Frank” Pippa said

“This really hurts Pippa, I am sorry I hurt her” Frank said

“I know it does sweetheart, I don’t think Bobby will ever stop loving you…..but it really is time to move on and let the past go…..if not for you but for her…. be happy for Bobby and Danny…she was happy for you and Roo even though it broke her heart” Pippa said

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Floss, would you mind babysitting Christopher and Sal?” Carly said as she walked into the kitchen holding a magazine

“Oh, you going out tonight?” Floss said

“Matt said he is taking me out, I am not sure where Frank is and I have a feeling  Steve will be going out” Carly said as she smiled

“Nice to see you smiling love, its been a bit of a rocky road here recently. You go out, have some fun, the kids will be fine with me and Nev” Floss said

“Thanks for everything Floss” Carly said to a smiling Floss “Oh did you know that Bobby and Danny are getting married?”

“Married?” Floss said looking confused

“She never mentioned that this morning” Floss said

“Rebecca told me at the diner, she said something about planning an engagement party. Why wouldn’t Bobby tell us though? We are supposed to be her family” Carly said as she walked over to the couch and sat down

Danny’s caravan-Summer Bay

Bobby leaned back on the chair while Danny had his head on her lap. She could hear him talking but couldn’t hear what he was saying. He just asked her to marry him,….she remember the time Frank asked her to marry him, she was in a hospital bed suffering from selective amnesia …

“So do you have an answer for me?” Danny said, loud enough to bring Bobby back to the present

“Why do you want to marry me Danny? Bobby said as Danny got up

“Why wouldn’t I want to marry you? You believe in me after everything I did, I feel like you really understand me. You are absolutely beautiful to me..every part of you “ Danny said as he kissed Bobby’s hand “I know you didn’t have a great first marriage but your second marriage to me will be much better because I will treat you like a queen…I love you” Danny said as he kissed Bobby on the cheek

“So is that a yes?’ Danny said as he kissed Bobby’s other cheek then hugged her

A song was playing on the radio, one that Bobby had heard several times...I guess it finally gave her the confirmation that she needed

And I'd do anything for you
I'll give you up
If that's what I should do
To make you happy

I can pretend each time I see you
That I don't care and I don't need you
And though inside I feel like dying
You know you'll never see me crying

Don't you ever think that I don't love you
That for one minute I forgot you
But sometimes things don't work out right
And you just have to say goodbye

The tear that was held back finally escaped and rolled down Bobby's cheek as Danny pulled back from the hug and began taking his shirt off.....

Chapter 27

“I better go, let you get some rest” Frank said as he stood up from the chair “Ill be back to see you maybe with Sal later on” Frank said as he went towards the bed to give Pippa a hug

“Sit dow for one second, I want you to do me a favour” Pippa said as she patted the bed for Frank to sit

“Instead of coming to see me tonight, go and see Bobby, apologise to her and let her have some closure” Pippa said

“I cant Pippa” Frank said

“Be happy for her. She let you go, you do the same, let her heal” Pippa said

“How am I going to heal?” Frank said pset

“Frank you have Roo, your healing is over” Pippa said

“Its not the same” Frank said as he waved his hand away

“Frank, if you love Bobby as much as you say you do…say sorry and let her heal” Pippa said as she touched Frank’s hand

Frank sighed

Danny’s Caravan- Summer Bay

Danny sat shirtless leaning on the wall of the caravan, his arm around Bobby. Bobby leaning on him, a few of her buttons undone

“Are you disappointed?” Bobby said as she looked up at Danny

“No, not at all, You’re not ready” Danny said looking a bit annoyed

“Thank you, its just a bit soon for me, you know” Bobby said

“I know, we will have forever together and I am sure you will be worth the wait” Danny said as he kissed Bobby’s head

“Yeah forever” Bobby thought to herself with no expresson on her face

“Let’s go for a walk on the beach then get some food to celebrate” Danny said

Fisher House- Summer Bay

Rebecca played a song on the piano while Donald stood by the couch listening. He was really proud of his daughter, smiling as he watched her play. Rebecca sensed her father was standing behind her and she stopped and turned around

“No don’t stop, that was beautiful” Donald said

“Thanks, I need to stop, I want to go out for a while, see if I can catch up with Bobby” Rebecca said as she stood up from the piano

“Wha what about dinner?” Donald said

“Ill get something later, I wont be out too late” Rebecca said as she kissed her father on the cheek, picked up her bag and left

McPhee Caravan- Summer Bay

Floss turned over a card, it was the fool card. She stopped and sighed. Floss turned over another card it was the lovers card, she signed again. Floss turned over the last card….the hangman card. She looked up and sighed

“Oh Bobby” Floss said

“FLOSS! FLOSS!”

Floss heard Sally calling her name and quickly packed away the cards and opened the door just as Sally got to the door

“You said you were coming straight back” Sally said

“Sorry love I couldn’t find me baking tin but I got it now” Floss said as she stepped out of the van and handed Sally the baking tin

Sally and Floss walked back towards the house just as Danny and Bobby were leaving his van

“Hello love” Floss said

Sally went and stood behind Floss

“Where are you two off to? Floss said

“Just off to the beach and then to get some food” Danny said as he held Bobby’s hand

“Sal do you want to come to the beach with us” Bobby said as she looked behind Floss

“NO, I HATE YOU BOBBY” Sally said then she ran towards the house

“What was that about” Danny said

“She is a bit sad that I am leaving that’s all” Bobby said hoping to convince herself

“Ummm Bobby love can I have a word?” Floss said

“Sure, Danny, Ill catch up” Bobby said

“Ok don’t be too long” Danny said as he kissed Bobby's hand and she smiled

“How are you love?” Floss said when they were alone

“Good, why? Bobby said

“Carly came home and said that you are getting married to Danny, is that right love?”

“Wow, good news really travels fast here” Bobby said as she rolled her eyes and shook her head

“Bobby are you sure about all this?” Floss said putting her hand on Bobby’s shoulder

“All what?” Bobby said

“Going away with Danny, getting married?” Floss said

“Floss what choices do I have?, you know what my life has been like, this last year has been horrible. This morning you told me to go and be happy  now you changed your tune” Bobby said as she crossed her arms

“I know lovey but running away is not going to stop you from still being in love with Frank” Floss said

“Bobby looked at her and said “How did you know?”

Floss smiled

“Maybe it wont but I have to try something Floss, I am drowning here” Bobby said as she walked away to catch up with Danny

Flossed sighed as she watched Bobby walk away

Beach-Summer Bay

Frank parked the car, got out and leaned on the front as he looked at the beach. Frank thought back to the time he admitted to Roo that he was in love with her, he remembers the song he wrote for her

Flashback

“Have you ever been alone wondered were tomorrow leads to?

Have you ever wondered why, I m so glad I found you

I was just a dreamer going nowhere, Just another loser with no one to care

Have you ever been alone wondered where tomorrow leads to?

have you ever wondered why I’m so glad I found you

Frank-“Whats wrong”?

Roo-“We shouldn’t”

Frank “We’re only kissing”

Roo ’so far”

Frank “So?”

Roo-“So I havent been any further before”

Frank-“Neither have I… what? You think im some sort of stud or something?”

Roo-“No, I just thought”

Frank “A guy my age? Yeah Well I don’t believe in just”

Roo-“Neither do I, that’s why”

Frank-“I am not trying to force you into anything, its just I know how I feel and it wouldn’t just be a”

Roo-“What?”

Frank “You know”

Roo “What? Tell me”

Frank “I knew when I was singing that song yesterday. I mean I  liked you before and everything, its just that when I was singing it, I felt something different”

Roo-“What”

Frank-“You know”

Roo-“I want to hear you say it”

Frank “Ive never said it before and I feel”

Roo-“Its not stupid”

Frank-‘I know but now we  talked about it. If I came right out and said it..it would feel…just leave it ok…until later”

Roo-“At least I know you wanted to say it”

End of flashback

Frank was brought back to the present when he heard a familiar laughter, he looked out into the beach and saw Bobby laughing as Danny picked her up and pretended to throw her in to the water. Frank watched as Danny put her down and they hugged then he spun her around which made Bobby laugh… they were in their own world

“G’day Frankie” Martin said as he rode up towards Frank on a bike

“G’day” Frank said

“What you doing tonight? You wanna come out to  Yabbie Creek with me and Lance? Been a while since we had a rage” Martin said

“No, Ill give it a miss tonight thanks” Frank said with a smile

“Ok, suite yourself. Hey by the way, “ Martin said just as he was about to ride off “I guess Bobby finally got over you, now that she is getting married to Danny. Maybe, you, Roo, Danny and Bobby can have a dinner party with all his friends” Martin said with a laugh

“What?” Frank said

“Oh you haven’t heard? Bobby and Danny are getting married. Anyway gotta go get a shirt for tonight. See you later” Martin said as he rode off

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“Ill get it” Steve said as he walked towards the door to see Rebecca standing there

“Hi” Rebecca said as  Steven opened the door. She hugged him when she was inside

“What are you doing here?” Steve said surprised

“Well I missed you and wanted to see you” Rebecca said

“Is that right” Steve said

“Yes, Rebecca said a she put her arms around Stevens neck

“And I wanted to see Bobby, apologise for last night” Rebecca said as she kissed Steve

“Oh so you didn’t miss me” Steve said pretended to be hurt

“I did, that is why I am here…all night” Rebecca said as Steve smiled

Beach- Summer Bay

“So what do you want to eat?” Danny said as he and Bobby walked along the beach, his arm around her neck her had around his waist

“You choose” Bobby said

“Ah good, at least you are getting into wife mode since I am going to be wearing the pants in this family” Danny said as he pulled Bobby into him

“Rack off” Bobby said as she laughed

Danny stopped walking and they hugged

“Hi Bobby”

Danny and Bobby both turned around to see Frank standing there

“What do you want?” Danny said

“Look I don’t want any hassles ok, I heard about your good news and just wanted to congratulate you both” Frank said as he put his hand out for Danny to shake

Danny shook Franks hand and said “ Thank you”

“You are a very lucky man, I hope you will both be very happy” Frank said

Frank leaned in and kissed Bobby’s cheek, the one furthest away from Danny “I love you” he whispered into her ear before pulling back.

Bobby didn't look at Frank....she was shocked by what he just said...maybe she didn't hear him correctly...yeah that right she didn't hear him correctly 

“See you around” Danny said as he guided Bobby to go by putting his arm around her

Frank watched Bobby and Danny walk away…..they took maybe three steps then for a second Danny removed his arm from Bobby so he could take something out of his pocket, , Bobby turned around and her eyes locked with Frank. For that split second it was just them, Frank and Booby standing on that beach…Frank blinked his eyes once slowly at Bobby, she did the same back to him and just like that Danny was back to having his arm around Bobby. As they walked off, Bobby could hear Danny talking, she couldn’t hear what he was saying….she inhaled deeply then exhaled then a very strange feeling came over her..she didn’t know what it was....felt like something was ending but also beginning...well she would be starting a new life with Danny soon...that is probably what it is....

Frank stood or a while watching Bobby and Danny walk away. He can’t believe he just told her he loved her..he was supposed to apologise but like an idiot he told Bobby he loved her. Just as Frank was about to walk to the car he heard

“You did the right thing mate”

“What?” Frank said as he looked left and right, there was nobody there but him. Maybe his mind was playing games…..he could’ve sworn that he just heard Tom telling him he did the right thing. Frank shook his head, maybe he was hungry, he hadn’t eaten much these last few days so decided to get some of his favourite chocolate cake from the diner before he went home. Frank started the engine of the car, reversed and headed towards the diner. With one hand on the steering wheel, Frank used his other to turn the radio and a song came on that he had heard before

And I'd do anything for you
I'll give you up
If that's what I should do
To make you happy

I can pretend each time I see you
That I don't care and I don't need you
And though inside I feel like dying
You know you'll never see me crying

Don't you ever think that I don't love you
That for one minute I forgot you
But sometimes things don't work out right
And you just have to say goodbye

"I guess I am saying goodbye to you but you needed to know that I love you"… Frank thought to himself as he tapped his finger on the steering wheel to the song…"yeah....I did do the right thing", he thought  as he smiled  and nodded his head to the song.

I edited the beach scene between Bobby/Danny/Frank in the previous chapter so you should read the edited scene before reading the chapter below

Chapter 28

Caravan park-Summer Bay

“Oh Hi Rebecca” Carly said as came down the stairs and saw Rebecca and Steve sitting on the couch

“Steve, I am going out with Matt tonight, I don’t know what Frank is doing, Floss said her and Nev will stay here and look after Sal and Christopher” Carly said as she went to the fridge, opened it and took out a can of cola

“I don’t think we have any plans yet, what do you want to do?” Steve said looking at Rebecca

“After I see Bobby, I am all yours” Rebecca said with a smile

“Well I don’t really want to go out, maybe we can get a pizza or something and hang out in one of the vans?” Steve said

“Sounds like a plan” Rebecca said with a smile “You and Matt going anywhere nice?” Rebecca said with a smile

“I don’t know, he just said to be ready so I guess Ill wait and see” Carly said as she walked towards the stairs

Rebecca looked at her for a few seconds then turned to Steve “How long have Matt and Carly been dating?” Rebecca asked

“They have been on and off since we got here to Summer Bay, I cant keep up with them” Steve said “Come on, lets go and look for Bobby then we can have our date” Steve said

Rebecca paused on the couch while Steve stood up “Are you not coming?” Steve said as he looked at Rebecca. Rebecca smiled then got up and followed behind Steve

Bayside Diner- Summer Bay

“Oh G’day Frank what can I get you?” Lance said as Frank came into the Diner

“Are you working here permanently now?” Frank said as he sat on the stool

“No just until Bobby gets back” Lance said

“Oh right” Frank said

“Hello Frank” Ailsa said walking out from the kitchen

Frank smiled

“Lance please clear the tables, I will serve Frank” Ailsa said as she watched Lance go and clear the plates from the tables “What can I get you”  Ailsa said to Frank

“I just wanted a slice of chocolate cake but Sally will kill me so I better get a whole cake if you have one”  Frank said

“Your favourite” Ailsa said

Frank smiled

“We have some in the fridge” Ailsa said as she walked to the kitchen, opened the fridge brought out the cake and proceeded to put it in a box

“How is Pippa?” Ailsa said

“Good, doing much better, she is coming home on Monday” Frank said

“That’s wonderful news. Have you see Bobby after what happened in here?” Ailsa said

“Yes I have, I just saw her on the beach, I congratulated her and Danny on their engagement” Frank said

“What?” Ailsa said looking surprised

“I guess you are the last to know, they are leaving town and getting married” Frank said as he reached into his pocket to get some money

“No, its on the house, you are family” Ailsa said as Frank went to give her some money

“No its fine, I think I’ve had my fair share of free food from here” Frank said as he put the money on the counter, picked up the cake and left

“Hey Frank!” Steve yelled as he saw Frank getting into the car outside the diner

Frank looked up and saw Steve and Rebecca. Rebecca stayed back while Steve walked towards Frank

“Where have you been?” Steve said

“I went to see Pippa again, Toms grave and just needed some time to do some thinking on the beach” Frank responded

“Carly is going out tonight and Rebecca and I will probably get a pizza or something then hang out in a van” Steve said

“Oh yeah” Frank said teasing Steve

Steve blushed

“Do I have to give you the talk?” Frank said

“Frannnnkkk” Steve said

“I am serious” Frank said

“Frank can I ask you something, Do you have any…you know?” Steve said with a whisper

“I am married Steve, what do I need them for?” Frank said smiling

Steve was getting embarrassed

“Don’t worry, I will get you some and put them in your drawer”  Frank said

Steve hugged Frank

“I love you” Steve said

Frank kissed Steve’s ear, “love you too mate” then they separated. As Steve walked towards Rebecca

He turned back “Have you seen Bobby, Rebecca wants to see her” Steve said

“I just saw her down the beach” Frank said

Before he got in the car he and Rebecca both gave each other a really mean look then Frank got in the car and drove off

“Frank said he saw Bobby down by the beach, so we should try there” Steve said

“How can you stand to be around him, he is the biggest jerk” Rebecca said

“He is my brother, I know you don’t like him right now but I don’t want to hear it” Steve said annoyed

“I am sorry” Rebecca said as she made a sad face and put her head on Steve’s chest

He smiled and they walked off hand in hand to the beach

Beach- Summer Bay

“I wasn’t expecting the ex-husband to congratulate the soon to be new husband” Danny said as he and Bobby walked along the beach

Bobby didn’t respond

“I wish I came to Summer Bay sooner than I did, maybe you wouldn’t have married him at all” Danny said

Bobby didn’t respond

“What kind of wedding do you want? I was thinking maybe we could get married as soon as we leave here, I don’t want to wait

Bobby didn’t respond

Danny stopped walking and turned to look at Bobby “Is there something wrong?”

“No why?” Bobby said

“Its just that you haven’t said much since Frank left” Danny said

“Nothing is wrong, I am just really tired, the last few days have been busy and I haven’t eaten much, can we go and eat? Bobby said

“Ok, I thought maybe you are having second thoughts” Danny said as he pinched himself hard through his pocket

“No, no second thought” Bobby said as she hugged Danny with a confused look on her face

“Bobby!” Danny and Bobby looked around to see Rebecca and Steve walking towards them

Chemist- Summer Bay

Frank walked around to the family planning section and picked picked up a packet of condoms. Then just as he was about to walk away, he noticed that they were on special buy 1 get 1 free so for some reason he picked up two packets and walked to the counter

“I see you are going to be busy while you are in Summer Bay” Frank heard behind him

“Rack off Allison” Frank said as he turned back to face the front

"Is that the way to speak to someone you haven't seen for a long time?"

Frank shook his head as Alison stood next to Frank 

“What will Roo say if she hears that you are partying without her?” Alison said with a smirk on her face

Frank didn’t respond. He got to the counter, Paid for the condoms and left the chemist

Just as he was about to get back into the car

“Well I can always be persuaded to keep quiet about what I saw you buying” Alison said as she leaned on the car and gave Frank a sexy smile

“You’re joking aren’t ya? I wouldn’t touch you if you paid me. Tell whoever what you want… get out the way” Frank said as he opened the car door and got in shaking his head and drove off

Alison felt humiliated but was attempting to cover it up even though nobody was around. She had always had a crush on Frank and never understood why he would marry the town derro first then stuck up Roo Stewart. “When will it be my turn?” Alison said out loud before a light bulb went off in her head and she smiled and started walking

Beach-Summer Bay

“Hi Bobby” Rebecca said as she walked up to Bobby

“What are you doing here”? Bobby said

“I came to see you, can we talk?” Rebecca said

“Danny I will catch up, I want to talk to Rebecca” Bobby said

“Sure, don’t be too long” Danny said as he kissed Bobby’s cheek

Steve walked behind as Bobby and Rebecca walked ahead

“I am sorry about what happened, I didn’t mean to get Frank so angry that he would say those hurtful things” Rebecca said

Bobby didn’t respond

“Please say something Bobby, I don’t want to lose you over this” Rebecca said almost in tears

“I know you didn’t mean it but you should’ve stopped when I said stop. I know you were looking out for me, I would’ve done the same thing but…this is my business…between me and Frank” Bobby said

“I know Bobby but I just hate him so much, for what he didnt to you, I hated when he came to the house to see Roo, after we argued he never came back and I couldn’t wait for her to leave” Rebecca said

“Thank you for looking out for me but its ok, it’s all in the past now, let’s move on” Bobby said as she put her arm around Rebecca

“So you don’t hate me” Rebecca said

“Of course not, youre my little sister” Bobby said with a smile “How long are you staying?”

“Just until tomorrow, I wanted to see you and apologize” Rebecca said

“Ok well  I am going to have some food with Danny,  ill see you at home later” Bobby said

“Well, I am going to be at the caravan park with Steve” Rebecca said and smiled

“Is that right?” Bobby said and smiled

“Carly and I are going to plan your engagement party” Rebecca said

“How did you know about that?” Bobby said

“I met your fiancé earlier in the Diner with Dad, he told us “ Rebecca said

Bobby looked surprised

“I don’t want any party, we are leaving Summer Bay on Monday” Bobby said

“Do you know where you are going?” Rebecca said

“Not yet, probably travel around Australia and see what happens” Bobby said

“Well wherever you end up, let me know, Ill come and visit” Rebecca said as she squeezed Bobby

“Can we go now” Steve said from behind them

“Alright Stevo” Bobby said as she stopped and gave Steve a hug. Bobby kissed him on the cheek “I love you Steve, take care of Rebecca” Bobby smiled

“Love you too Bobby” Steve said then he and Bobby walked off hand in hand and Bobby walked fast to catch up with Danny.

“Chasing off another man Bobby? Don’t you ever learn” Alison said as she caught up with Bobby

“Rack off Allison” Bobby said still walking

“I saw Frank at the chemist, can you guess what he was buying?” Allsion said as Bobby stopped walking

“I don’t care Alison, go away” Bobby said

“He was buying something for us to have a little party with later” Alison said smiling

“Frank wouldn’t touch you even if you came with a free car” Bobby said as she looked annoyed and began walking away

“Jealous?” Allison said

Bobby stopped walking “Jealous? Of you? what a joke” she said then walked away

Allison smiled to herself and walked away

Chapter 29

Caravan park-Summer Bay

“Frank where have you been” Sally ran from the couch and hugged Frank really tight

“I had to do a few things but tonight its just me, you and chocolate cake, how does that sound?” Frank said as he bent down

“I love you forever Frank” Sally said and she hugged Frank really tight as Frank smiled

“Oh Hello Frank love” Floss said as she popped her head from around the corner of the kitchen

“Carly and Steve are going out so I think its just us for dinner unless you are going out?” Floss said

“No, I am spending the evening with  my favourite girls” Frank said as he stood up and touched Sally’s cheek and walked over to the fridge and put the cake in and took out a can of cola. Frank opened the cola, tipped his head back and drank some. When he put his head down, he noticed the picture on the fridge It was a picture Sally drew of the family, she gave the picture to Bobby to convince her not to move out. Frank took the picture of the fridge and looked at it.

Floss watched Frank as he stared at a picture on the fridge

Tom, Pippa, Steve, Carly, Sally, Dag dog, Lynn and he and Bobby holding hands. Frank smiled and put the picture back and walked over to the couch where Sally was looking at a magazine and sat down.

When Frank sat down, Floss walked over to the fridge and looked at the picture that occupied Frank’s attention then she looked over at him.

“Sally love, I have an idea, why don’t you draw a nice picture for Bobby and Danny, they are getting married” Floss said as walked over to the couch

“No” Sally said

“Sal” Frank said as he looked at Sally surprised

“I hate Bobby” Sally said

“Sal, that’s not a nice thing to say” Frank said

“I HATE HER AND DANNY IS A HORRIBLE MEAN MAN” Sally said then she ran upstairs

Frank looked at Floss “Ever since Ive been back, she always appears to be scared when Danny is around, do you know what is going on? Frank said

“I don’t know love” Floss said

“Ill talk to her later” Frank said “Is Dinner ready? I am starving”

Bayside Diner-Summer Bay

“You sure you want to eat here” Bobby said as her and Danny got outside the diner

“Yeah, why not? I like the food here and the owner is beautiful” Danny said

“You better not let Alf hear you talking about his wife like that” Bobby said as she smiled

“We can somewhere else if you want” Danny said

“If you don’t mind” Bobby said

“How about we get some fish and chips and go back to my caravan?” Danny said

“How about a Chinese?” Bobby said

“Ok” Danny said as they walked away

“Bobby!”

Bobby and Danny turned around to see Ailsa standing at the door of the diner

“I better see what she wants, Ill meet you at the Chinese Takeaway” Bobby said as she squeezed Danny’s hand and walked towards Ailsa

“I hear congratulations are in order” Ailsa said

“I guess so” Bobby responded “I was actually going to come and see you later, Danny and I are leaving Summer Bay on Monday” Bobby said

“That’s very soon” Ailsa said

“I have nothing to hang around for” Bobby said

“What do you want to do about the diner?” Ailsa said

“Your diner, its up to you” Bobby responded

“I owe you an apology for what I said about Roo” Ailsa said

“No, you don’t owe me anything, you are concerned about your daughters happiness” Bobby said

‘Stepdaughter” Ailsa said

“Same difference” Bobby said

“Can you come in for a second and talk” Ailsa said

“Ailsa there is nothing to talk about, I got to go” Bobby said as she began walking away

“Bobby wait, I care a lot about you, you know that, I just didn’t want to see you or Roo be hurt again, maybe the way I said it was wrong but I am right” Ailsa said

Bobby shook her head and put her hand in her pocket and took out keys

“Here are the keys” Bobby said as she handed the keys to Ailsa

“Take care of yourself Ailsa” Bobby said then she walked away

Ailsa watched someone she truly cared about walk way

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Hold the Pizza, Ill just get some drinks and a key to a van, Ill be back in a minute” Steve said as he gave the pizza box to Rebecca,  kissed her on the cheek and ran inside just as Matt was pulling up in his car.

Rebecca walked towards the car then watched Matt as he parked and got out

“Going to pick up your date?” Rebecca said with a smirk

“It’s got nothing to do with you, I told you keep your mouth shut” Matt said

“I wonder how Carly will feel if she knew your little secret” Rebecca said

“She isn’t going to know because you are not going to tell her” Matt said

“I cant guarantee that” Rebecca said smiling

“You better….I m not the only one with a secret…remember? Matt said

Rebecca laughed then said “You wouldn’t dare”

“Don’t play games with me little girl, you won’t win” Matt said

Rebecca stopped smiling and looked at Matt who had a serious look on his face then he walked away just as Steve came out

“Oh hey Matt” Steve said

“Steve” Matt said

“Have a good night” Matt said with a wink

Steve smiled shyly as Matt went inside

General Hospital

“Hello Pippa, sorry to bother you, I know its late I just wanted to talk to you” Ailsa said as she walked into the room

“Its fine Ailsa, you are always welcome” Pippa said as she smiled at her friend as she sat down

“Is everything alright?” Pippa said looking concerned

“I think I may have ruined my relationship with Bobby” Ailsa said then exhaled

“Why what happened?” Pippa said

“Bobby left town for a few days when she heard that Frank and Roo were coming back, before she left I went to see her, basically told her that she shouldn’t blame Roo since she told Roo to go after Frank and she has the wrong impression, she thinks I only care about Roo now that she is my daughter” Ailsa said

Pippa sighed “This is all my fault, If I didn’t end up here then Frank wouldn’t be here and none of this will be happening” Pippa said as she hit her hand on her lap

Ailsa moved closer and held Pippa’s hand “You cant blame yourself love, I suppose none of this will matter, Bobby gave me the keys to the diner, her and Danny are leaving on Monday” Ailsa said

“She is doing what?” Pippa said “She was here this morning, she said she was going in the next few days, didn’t say anything about leaving on Monday” Pippa said

“I suppose she wants to  leave as soon as possible, get away from all the bad memories. Shame that she is going to get married with no family or friends around” Ailsa said

“Getting married?” when did all this happen? Pippa said angrily

“I just found out myself….from Frank of all people” Ailsa said

“Ailsa can I ask you for a favour please, can you ask Bobby to come and see me before Monday?” Pippa said as she looked at Ailsa with a very angry look

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“You not hungry Sal? Frank said as he watched Sally play with her food

“No” Sally said

“How about some chocolate cake”? Frank said hoping to cheer her up

“No, Milko and me want to go to my room” Sally said

“Ok love”  Floss said as Sally got up from the table and went upstairs

Frank, Floss and Nev looked at each other

“Ill take her up some cake and talk to her after the dishes” Frank said as he got up and started gathering plates

“No love, you leave that, go and speak to her” Floss said

“Oh I nearly forgot, I have to get something out the car, Ill be back” Frank said as he went to get the condoms from the car to put in Steve’s drawer

“Frank walked outside and opened the car door, took the bag out of the car and shut the door. Just as he was about to walk back to the house, he heard a familiar voice, when he looked it was Bobby and Danny. They didn’t see him, they were walking with a bag, towards his caravan. When Danny got to the van, he opened the door and gestured for Bobby to go in. Danny looked to his left and saw Frank watching….he smiled, winked and went inside the van and closed the door. Frank stood there for a few seconds feeling himself getting angry. He looked inside the bag he was holding took one packet of condoms out, put them in his back pocket, closed the bag and headed back to the house.

On 18/01/2018 at 05:28, CaptainHulk said:

Hmmm... Rebecca vs Matt. I wonder who has the greater leverage?

I notice Sal is still using her birth name (Copeland) as opposed to her Mother's maiden name (Keating) or her adoptive name (Fletcher)

You will find out soon :)

Chapter 30

Drive in movie theatre

Matt watched as Carly put some pop corn in her mouth and chewed

“Carly….I have to tell you something” Matt said

“In the middle of the movie?” Carly said as she laughed

“Its kind of important” Matt said

“Sounds heavy…can I just enjoy my time here with you and we can talk later…please” Cary said as she stuck her bottom lip out in a sad way

“Sure Matt said as he kissed her cheek, put some popcorn in his mouth and held Carly’s hand”

Danny’s caravan- Caravan park

“Mmm that was great, thanks for dinner” Bobby said after she swallowed her last mouthful of the Chinese food they just ate

“I wish I was having some dessert now” Danny said with a wicked smile

Bobby smiled shyly and began packing the empty containers away

“Its really warm tonight” Bobby said trying to change the subject as she put the last container in the bag

“Let me open a window” Danny said as he got up to open a window to let some air in

As Danny got up, Bobby looked at him and sighed….she never imagined herself being intimate with another man, she only wanted one man.

“If its really hot, take your clothes off” Danny said

“Rack off” Bobby said as she laughed

“No I am serious, I know you want to wait, I just want you to be comfortable” Danny said as he took his shirt off

It was really warm in the van, Bobby could feel the sweat on her face, then she unbuttoned her shirt and took it off just leaving on her bra and knee length shorts

“What about the rest?” Danny said

Bobby laughed “this is much better”

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Its really nice being here with you” Rebecca said as she leaned on Steve

“Yeah, I am glad you came” Steven said

“Its really hot in this van” Rebecca said

“Oh, do you want to go in the house?” Steve said almost getting up

“No” Rebecca said as she sat up and pulled her vest top over her head and sat it down next to her then she got up and took off her jeans leaving only her underwear then she sat down looking at Steve. Rebecca then pulled at Steve’s T shirt

“Ummm I think I better get something from the house” Steve said

“Ok” Rebecca said as she smiled

Drive in movie theatre

Matt watched as Carly laughed at the movie, he loved the way she laughed…he loved her but the guilt was making him really uncomfortable

“I have to go into the City to see my parents next week” Matt said

“I can come with you if you want, I haven’t seen your parents for ages” Carly said still trying to concentrate on the movie

“You got school and stuff, don’t worry, Ill tell them you said hello” Matt said

“Oh, ok” Carly said a bit sad, odd that Matt didn’t want to take her but she didn’t make a big deal about it and just squeezed his hand tighter. Matt looked down at his hand as Carly squeezed

Caravan Park – Summer Bay

“Sal, can I come in” Frank said as he opened the door with two slices of cake in his hand “I brought us some dessert”

Sally didn’t respond as she sat on the floor playing with her dolls

“Are you going to tell me why you are sad” Frank said as he sat on the floor next to Sally and put a plate in front of her

Sally didn’t respond

“Ok, I know you are sad about Bobby” Frank said

Sally didn’t respond

“Do you trust me Sal?” Frank said

Sally nodded

“So why won’t you tell me what is going on” Sally said

“I can’t” Sally said

“I am not going to let anybody hurt you” Frank said as he put his arm around Sally

Sally got up and hugged Frank really tight “Don’t leave, stay here in Sumer Bay” Sally said

“Sal you know I cant do that, I have to go back to New York, that is where I live” Frank said

Sally hugged him tighter

“I tell you what, how about you come and visit me?” Frank said hoping to cheer up his sister

“Only if Pippa says I can” Sally said

“I am sure I can talk to her” Frank said

“I love you Frank” Sally said

“I love you too Sal, lets eat some cake” Frank said

Sally wiped her face and smiled just as Steve appeared at the door

“Thanks Frank” Steve said

“Be careful mate” Frank said and smiled

Steve smiled and left

Stewart House- Summer Bay

Ailsa sat on the couch, Duncan was asleep next to her

“Are you alright love, you have been really quiet” Alf said as he sat in the chair near his wife

“I am fine” Ailsa said as she smiled

“Ails, I know you, I know when something is bothering you, out with it” Alf said giving a knowing look to his wife

“Bobby gave me the keys to the diner earlier, she is leaving Summer Bay on Monday with Danny and they are going to get married” Ailsa said

“Yeah, I know, Danny came into the store to buy some chocolates for her and told me” Alf said as he picked up the newspaper “I thought you would be happy that she is finally moving on with her life” Alf said

“I am but I am not happy that she is leaving knowing that she hates me” Ailsa said”

“Are you still going on about that? It doesn’t even matter now, you were right, she has moved on , let it go” Alf said

“Which reminds me, I need to let her know that Pippa wants to speak to her. She appears to be the last person to know the news” Ailsa said as she walked over to the phone

Ailsa picked up the phone and dialed Donald Fishers number

“Hello Donald? Its Ailsa…sorry to ring so late. Is Bobby there?...she isn’t…oh nothing is wrong, I went to see Pippa tonight and she wants to see Bobby tomorrow. Oh right, thanks Donald. Goodnight”

Ailsa put the phone down “She isn’t there, let me try the caravan park

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Hello Summer Bay Caravan Park” Frank said as he walked over to the phone with two empty plates

“Hello Frank its Ailsa, sorry to ring so late” Ailsa said

“No worries” Frank said

“Is Bobby there?” Ailsa said

“Yes, she is with Danny” Frank said

Ailsa paused then said “Is Carly there?”

“No she is gone out, is there a problem?” Frank said confused

“Its just that Pippa wants to see Bobby tomorrow, urgently and I am trying to get the message to her” Ailsa said

“No worries Ailsa, I can tell her” Frank said

“Are you sure” Ailsa said

“Yes, I will tell her now, have a good night” Frank said then he put the phone down and looked in front of him.

“How is Sally” Floss said as Frank went to wash the plates

“She is alright I guess but there is something going on and she wont tell me” Frank said at the sink

“Hopefully its just her missing Pippa. I am going to put Christopher down” Floss said as she walked towards the stairs

Frank dried his hands and walked towards the door.

As Frank got closer to Danny’s van he heard lots of giggling, familiar giggling, When he was almost outside he heard “Danny stop, ok ok you win” then more giggling. He was feeling angry and hurt at the same time. Frank paused outside the door then knocked

Danny opened the door

“Yes?” Danny said

Frank looked inside and saw Bobby lying on the bed, with no top on

“I have a message for Bobby” Frank said, at that point, Bobby covered herself with her shirt, got up and came to the door

“Ailsa just called the house, she said Pippa wants to see you tomorrow” Frank said as he stared right into Bobby’s eyes

“Thanks” Bobby said then she walked back to sit on the bed

“Yeah thanks, we appreciate you coming over” Danny said, smiled  then shut the door

Danny could see through the gap in the window that Frank was still standing outside

“Right where were we” Danny said as he went back to tickling Bobby and as she was giggling Danny intentionally made noises to give the impression that something else was going on.

Frank stood outside the van listening, listening to what he thought, Bobby and Danny being intimate. He reached into his back pocket pulled the box of condoms out, looked at them then pushed them back in his pocket  and walked to his van

Drive in movie theatre

“The movie was really good Matt, thank you” Carly said as Matt exited the drive in

“Can we go back to your place” Carly said as she ran her hand up and down Mats leg

“I think we should wait Carly” Matt said

“Did I do something wrong?” Carly said

“No, you haven’t” Matt said

“So what is the problem?” Carly said

Matt pulled over to the side of the road and parked

“Look I haven’t been totally honest with you. I really like you, we have a history. When I left for the City, I thought we were just going to get on with our lives” Matt said

Carly was hoping that Matt wasn’t going to say what she thought”

“I was seeing someone in the city, we didn’t really break up because I wasn’t sure if I was going to stay here and now I am, I want to be here…with you” Matt said and he held Carly’s hand

“Is that why you are going to the city?” Carly said

“Yes, I want to end it with her, get some more things from my parents house and come back to you” Matt said

“You promise its over with her?” Carly said

“Yes, that is why I wanted us to wait, I want to end things with her before you and I …you know” Matt said

“Ok” Carly said and she reached forward and kissed Matt

“Let me take you home, I am working tomorrow, I don’t want to be late” Matt said

“For now” Carly said and hugged Matt

Matt had a confused look on his face then he sighed

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

Rebecca ran her finger down Steve’s torso then looked up at him and they both smiled

“When am I going to see you again?” Steve said

“Im going to Perth next weekend for a recital, Ill be back on Friday and come straight here” Rebecca said

“Do you want to? I mean having a long distance relationship, you might eventually meet someone else” Steve said

“You eventually might meet someone else”  Rebecca said “But so far we have been making it work right?” Rebecca said

“I know but I know how I feel about you” Steve said

“I feel the same” Rebecca said as she sat up looking in Steve’s eyes,  she smiled then reached over to the table and took another condom from the packet and playfully hit Steve on the nose and they both smiled

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“Im home” Carly said as she came through the door

“I wasn’t expecting you back so soon love” Floss said

“Matt has to work tomorrow so he wanted to get an early night, he was late the other day and wants to stay in Ailsa’s good books

Frank came through the door, he had changed his shirt

“Going somewhere?” Carly said

“Just out for a minute, Ill be back home soon. Steve is around somewhere” Frank said

“Can I come with you” Carly said

“No” Frank said

“Why not, since you’ve been back we haven’t done anything together …please Frank” Carly begged

“ I am going to the Sands resort, I just wanted to have a drink and think” Frank said

“Ill have a coke quietly next to you” Carly said “Please Frank”

“We’ll go another night, I promise, I just want to be alone” Frank said

“Whatever” Carly said and she stormed off to her room

“I wont be too late Floss, Steve is around somewhere so you and Nev can head off if you want, thank you for everything” Frank said as he smiled at Floss and headed for the door

Danny’s Caravan- Summer Bay

“Do you have to go?” Danny said “We are going to be married soon, just stay the night”

“I can’t I want to get home and start packing and I want to head out early to see Pippa tomorrow” Bobby said

“Ill come with you” Danny said

“Sure, I can pick you up around 10am” Bobby said as she opened the van door

“Do you want me to walk you home” Danny said

“No I am fine, I just live over there” Bobby pointed to her house in the distance

“Ok, I had a good time tonight” Danny said

“Me too” Bobby said as Danny kissed her  “Ill see you tomorrow” Bobby said as Danny went inside.

The weather had cooled down, the moon was out. As Bobby walked, a car slowly pulled up along side of her

“Do you want a life home?” Frank said as he stopped the car

Bobby stopped walking “No I am fine thanks”

“Please” Frank said

Bobby paused for a second then opened the car door and got inside. Danny after throwing the empty Chinese containers away watched as Bobby got into the car with Frank and began breathing heavy.

Summer Bay

Bobby and Frank drove in silence…there was a strange tension in the air

“What time are you going to see Pippa tomorrow” Frank said as he pulled up outside the Fisher House

“In the morning” Bobby said trying not to look at Frank, he looked and smelled so good

“Ok I will go in the afternoon, give you some time with her” Frank said as he stopped the car

“Thank you for the lift” Bobby said as she pushed her hair behind her ears and went to open the car door

“Bobby wait” Frank said as Bobby stopped

“I just wanted to say again that I am glad that you and Danny are together, you deserve someone who will treat you better than I did” Frank said

Bobby didn’t respond, if she did she probably would’ve started crying. She opened the car door and quickly made her way to the front door

Frank watched Bobby as she went in the house exhaled then drove off.

Wilson House- Summer Bay

Matt picked up the phone

“Hey, its me….sorry its late…Yeah I was on the late shift….Ill be coming up to the city on Tuesday…yeah I have missed you…I need to go and see my parents first then Ill come over. Will we be alone?....good….really what do you have planned? Ill see you on Tuesday…ok me too” Matt said then he put the phone down.

Sand’s Resort- Summer Bay

“Just a beer thanks” Frank said as he sat on the bar stool at the Resort bar. He didn’t even know how he ended up here but he wanted to get away.

“Fancy meeting you here” Frank looked up to his left to see Allison Patterson

“Go away Allison” Frank said

“It’s a public place, can’t I sit here and have a drink with an old friend?” Allison said

“We were never friends” Frank said as he drank his beer

“Wel you were married to my friend Bobby so by default we are friends” Allsion said

“Bobby was never your friend” Frank said as he laughed

“So what are you doing here Mr Married man?” Allsion said as she drank from the straw in her drink

“Having a drink” Frank said

“Incase you are interested I was supposed to be on a date but ive been stood up” Allsion said annoyed

“Unlucky, bye” Frank said

“Don’t be like that, since we are alone, we can just sit here and drink our drinks and talk about the times we worked together” Allison said

“Allison you want to talk about the time when you got us both fired for giving Gary the code to the safe? Frank said as he shook his head

“Bye Allison” Frank said as he got up, left some money on the counter and walked over to an empty couch in the corner of a dim lit room. There were a few people around but everybody was on a date, in their own little worlds. Frank sat down and put his head back and closed his eyes…then he started thinking about what he saw earlier, Bobby half naked lying on Danny’s bed and started getting angry. He just told her he loved her and here she was sleeping with another man

“Can I sit down?” Allison said

“Do whatever you like” Frank said as he drank his beer again

“You know I’ve always been keen on you” Allison said

“Is that right?” Frank said

“Yes, I was really jealous when you married Bobby, that is why I wanted to ruin her dress, I hated that you were with her” Allison said

“Well I am not with her anymore” Frank said as he took another sip from his beer bottle

“I know…it was always a wish of mine to be kissed by you” Allison said as she looked sad

Frank looked at her then leaned over and kissed her cheek “There you go, don’t say I never give you anything”

“My family are out of town for the weekend….do you want to come over” Allison said

“I am married” Frank said as he motioned for the waiter to give him another beer

“Well your wife isn’t here” Allsion said as she sipped her drink then decided to turn things up

“I guess you came back at the right time to see Bobby about to go off and get married”  Allsion said as the waiter brought Frank a bottle of beer to which he gave him the money for it

“What a coincidence” Frank said as he drank his beer

.”Bobby has always been lucky with guys, when we were younger, she always had some guy chasing her then she had Alan, Brett, you and now Danny. Unfortunately I was never that lucky, guys never want to be serious with me I don’t know what you all see in her” Allison said looking sad

“Allison, what do you want?” Frank said as he drank his beer

“I want you” Allison said as she looked at Frank

Frank stared at her…he thought back to telling Bobby he loved her…seeing Bobby half naked on the bed..hearing Bobby and Danny being intimate.  “You said your family is out of town?” Frank said as he drank the last gulp of his beer then he put the bottle down and got up

“Let’s go” Frank said and he put his hand out

Alison smiled to herself put her drink down, grabbed Frank’s hand and they left the Sands resort

Archived